PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs 10 quick thoughts from the soccer stadium

suzzer99
09-24-2017, 07:35 PM
Here they are while I remember them, before my buzz wears off and it's like Memento. Fun day at the StubHub Center:

https://i.imgur.com/TaKp30r.jpg

Don't sit in the NE end zone unless you enjoy broasting in the sun like Clint Eastwood in the Good, the Bad and the Ugly. We nicknamed our section "The Crucible".

Probably 30-40% Chiefs fans which is normal for Chiefs @ Chargers. Someone told me that the Raiders and Chiefs games are the only two games of the year they have to handle special because of so many away team fans. Suck it Donkeys!

The national anthem was a little tense - as I imagine in most stadiums this week. Maybe 3% of the crowd was sitting. Some people were yelling to stand up. But I think it was mostly forgotten after kickoff.

IMO - there's nothing remotely more exciting about sitting in a small stadium vs. a large stadium - assuming you're not in the nosebleeds. It's actually a lot worse because you don't have that same energy of a full-sized NFL stadium.

It's funny how people in LA just pick a team, since we haven't had one for decades. The couple next to me both grew up in Riverside (CA). The wife grew up a Raiders fan but supports the Chiefs otherwise - because of her husband, who picked the Chiefs mostly to rebel against the rest of his family who were Green Bay fans. But he's as die hard as they come and even made a pilgrimage to KC to watch a Raiders game at Arrowhead and eat BBQ. They couldn't stop saying gushing things about KC. I told them just think of KC in Feb when they're sitting outside in 60-degree weather.

We were in the corner of the end zone where I could see Peters jawing with the official - when the got the penalty. He was still pissed about the call a play before. He wasn't yelling I can tell that for sure. Then as he's walking away the damn ref throws the flag. So either a) he said one of the magic words (who know what those are anymore) or b) the ref just didn't have the balls to throw the flag until Peters was walking away. Normally I would think a), but the way Peters seemed completely bent out of shape for a bunch of plays afterwards makes me wonder. I also can't help but wonder if there wasn't a lot of racially charged emotion given recent events and the fact that once again we seem to have been given the SEC refs. "Puhrsanawl Faywuhll".

On that penalty - Houston and Parker immediately jumped on Peters after the personal foul, and kept a barrier between him and the ref for 30 seconds or more as Peters was losing it. I didn't realize Parker had become a key veteran, but apparently he is now. Houston was on Peters like a pissed-off father. You could just tell the way he handled it that Houston is absolutely the unquestioned leader of the defense - a good sign imo.

Freaking Smiff man. I told my buddies after that bomb to Hill that that was our one token deep pass of the 2nd half, dictated before the snap. And we never tried again after that - or for what 4 series before that once we got a lead? Why do we always turtle up like that when we get a lead? Until we learn to put teams away early and dominate games we should dominate, I'm not going to massively get my hopes up that we're a serious SB contender.

That Hunt TD run was awesome. Even from our EZ behind the line - you could see a nice run developing. But then Hunt cuts to the left and it's like Solieri realizing he can barely keep up with Mozart's genius. Oh now I see! And boom, he's gone.

Stubhub Center has an Uber/Lyft lot that's literally a mile (8 blocks) from the stadium. My Uber driver didn't know about it and got a ticket trying to pick me up, and they wouldn't even let me go with him after the ticket. If he just would have drove away there's nothing the stupid pedestrian cop could have done. I got on the cops because it was totally disarray and nothing was marked to tell the Uber guy he couldn't pick people up. Nor did Uber know about the policy change apparently. It took me forever to find another way home, as the Uber guy forgot to cancel my trip. And Lyft was just giving errors. Fuck it - just drive drunk next time like apparently the NFL wants.

Finally, why would you do this to your kid? Child services notified.

https://i.imgur.com/REhYwTH.jpg

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
09-24-2017, 07:36 PM
plagiarist.

suzzer99
09-24-2017, 07:39 PM
10 "quick" thoughts. More like homage imo.

kstater
09-24-2017, 07:48 PM
Do you know what the enter key on your keyboard indicates?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Buehler445
09-24-2017, 07:49 PM
Fuck Cassel

Trivers
09-24-2017, 07:52 PM
thank you for writing up and sharing! Rep!

Rain Man
09-24-2017, 07:53 PM
I bet that kid was an accident.

DaFace
09-24-2017, 07:58 PM
Heh. We were right below you. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170925/ecf5b1c802606676da90226ed9c25524.jpg

gblowfish
09-24-2017, 08:04 PM
I'm just glad Peters didn't get Red Carded....

suzzer99
09-24-2017, 08:10 PM
Do you know what the enter key on your keyboard indicates?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fixed - it's tricky with the numbered list. You have to manually insert a hard space (& nbsp;)

suzzer99
09-24-2017, 08:10 PM
Heh. We were right below you. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170925/ecf5b1c802606676da90226ed9c25524.jpg

Nice sun huh?

DaNewGuy
09-24-2017, 08:15 PM
Child abuse, other than that good win for our boys and glad you had a good time suzzer

Buehler445
09-24-2017, 08:28 PM
Nice sun huh?

Nice look, Face. Am I getting it right that your pic is the first snap? That looked awful fucking empty. Was it that empty the whole time?

suzzer99
09-24-2017, 08:33 PM
The stadium seemed pretty full. Funny thing though was a bunch of Chargers fans left when the Chargers punted with 3 minutes left. Gotta beat traffic.

DaFace
09-24-2017, 08:38 PM
Nice look, Face. Am I getting it right that your pic is the first snap? That looked awful fucking empty. Was it that empty the whole time?Yeah, like suzzer said, I bet 95%+ of the seats were filled. Took a little while both at the beginning of the game and at half time for everyone to file in, though.

DaFace
09-24-2017, 08:39 PM
Nice sun huh?Yeah it was pretty brutal. Had to buy some deodorant at the airport to keep from gagging the people next to us on the flight. ROFL

Buehler445
09-24-2017, 08:45 PM
Yeah, like suzzer said, I bet 95%+ of the seats were filled. Took a little while both at the beginning of the game and at half time for everyone to file in, though.

Right on. There was a lot of red though. They had a camera on Smith as he walked off and there were only red shirts in the stands and man there was a lot of them.

nceagle_11
09-24-2017, 08:56 PM

Part of me sees that picture and thinks it's pathetic for the NFL to be in that stadium.....the other part says it would be kinda cool to watch an NFL game like that.

Simply Red
09-24-2017, 09:16 PM
Nice

suzzer99
09-25-2017, 09:24 AM
Right on. There was a lot of red though. They had a camera on Smith as he walked off and there were only red shirts in the stands and man there was a lot of them.

A lot of fans left after the Chargers punted with 3 minutes left. Which is funny because clearly the Chargers thought that was a better chance to win than going for 4th and long.

The result was by the time Hunt blasted off his big run it was to like 90% Chiefs fans cheering him on.

Halfcan
09-25-2017, 09:29 AM
Chargers with 10 points-LMAO!

That is what you get for following these Carpetbaggers- silly Charger fans! Laughingstocks of the NFL and LAST place in the Divison. 0-3!

gblowfish
09-25-2017, 09:30 AM
Where is this place in relation to downtown LA? How many miles, what was the ticket pricing and what was the parking situation? How many fans were from San Diego, and how many were just "there for the party?"

suzzer99
09-25-2017, 10:33 AM
Probably 15 miles from downtown. Tickets were $100+ for a bench, but you were close as has been mentioned. Not sure if they got cheaper before game time. Parking was $80-$100. Sucked. But you could pretty easily park on the street a mile or two away and call an Uber.

The only SD fans I talked to lived in LA. Lots of SD fans in LA. Generally they either grew up there or picked SD at some point when they were good. I doubt many fans drove up from SD.

underEJ
09-25-2017, 12:59 PM
Probably 15 miles from downtown. Tickets were $100+ for a bench, but you were close as has been mentioned. Not sure if they got cheaper before game time. Parking was $80-$100. Sucked. But you could pretty easily park on the street a mile or two away and call an Uber.

The only SD fans I talked to lived in LA. Lots of SD fans in LA. Generally they either grew up there or picked SD at some point when they were good. I doubt many fans drove up from SD.

I took the Metro and they have free shuttles from the Del Amo station. It was a breeze. I had a real seat, not a bench, but paid a bit more. I was under the shadow for quite a while, but then as the sun moved, we got uncovered and roasted with everyone else for most of the second half.

If I go next year, and it is likely to be hot again, I will definitely take advantage of the shadow side knowledge and sit on the Chargers side.

Halfcan
09-25-2017, 01:08 PM
The national anthem was a little tense - as I imagine in most stadiums this week. Maybe 3% of the crowd was sitting. Some people were yelling to stand up. But I think it was mostly forgotten after kickoff.

Did you guys yell "Home of the CHIEFS!"

DaFace
09-25-2017, 01:24 PM

Did you guys yell "Home of the CHIEFS!"

Of course.