PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Houston takes on more of a leadership role

O.city
09-24-2017, 09:12 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/vahe-gregorian/article175191991.html

Buehler445
09-24-2017, 09:29 PM
Respect.

Dude is wise.

chiefzilla1501
09-24-2017, 09:36 PM
Man, I remember when he was drafted, people worried about his character. He was supposedly a low motor guy who pissed away his shot at the nfl because of drug possession.

It's been awesome to watch his transformation. He's become one of my favorite chiefs of all time. Just a solid football dude. Hope he can stay healthy for us.

Hoover
09-24-2017, 09:37 PM
I was happy to read this.

suzzer99
09-24-2017, 10:11 PM
Houston was all over Peters when he got the penalty for jawing with the refs. It's hard to describe but Houston's body language just made it clear to me he's the unquestioned leader of the defense. Houston was pretty much shoving Peters away from the ref. Hard to imagine a guy like Peters taking that from anyone.

TLO
09-24-2017, 10:18 PM
Good for him. Please stay healthy

DaneMcCloud
09-24-2017, 10:18 PM
Houston was all over Peters when he got the penalty for jawing with the refs. It's hard to describe but Houston's body language just made it clear to me he's the unquestioned leader of the defense. Houston was pretty much shoving Peters away from the ref. Hard to imagine a guy like Peters taking that from anyone.

Without Berry to control him, Peters is a ticking time bomb.

Thankfully, Houston was able to help Peters get his head back into the game but good grief.

Kelce and Peters?

I just hope this shit doesn't turn into the 1998 Monday Night Meltdown at some point.

chiefzilla1501
09-24-2017, 10:19 PM

Houston and Berry seem to be very close. And they both seem to have the same kind of quiet but passionate leadership. We're really lucky to have them both. Wish they could be on the field at the same time, but it just rarely seems to happen.

DaneMcCloud
09-24-2017, 10:24 PM
Houston and Berry seem to be very close. And they both seem to have the same kind of quiet but passionate leadership. We're really lucky to have them both. Wish they could be on the field at the same time, but it just rarely seems to happen.

It happened in 2012, so maybe not

Buehler445
09-24-2017, 11:17 PM

Houston is a Goliath. Peters takes it because Houston would fold him up and stuff him in a shoebox if he didn't.

Kidding aside. It's good there is some leadership. It's obvious some of the personalities need it.

Buehler445
09-24-2017, 11:19 PM
The other thing that was encouraging to see was early on Gordon threw a sick move at Houston and he missed the tackle. Houston was furious at himself.

That is a marked departure from the Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards and Franchise Killer Pioli days where they were joking around on the sidelines while it was getting broke off in their asses.

MMXcalibur
09-24-2017, 11:36 PM
I was in the stands and keyed in on watching Houston get in Peters face once he took the unsportsmanlike penalty. It was awesome to see that kind of leadership displayed.

chiefzilla1501
09-25-2017, 12:10 AM
While it worries me that Peters is a bit of a powder keg, it's harder to get mad at a guy who's crime is being way too passionate at times. Taking that away takes away a lot of what makes him great.

Kelce is a different story. Totally unnecessary, avoidable antics. I still remember the borderline key fumble a few years ago against Arizona where he tried to showboat with the ball instead of just falling to the ground. That shit has got to stop.

Buehler445
09-25-2017, 06:10 AM
While it worries me that Peters is a bit of a powder keg, it's harder to get mad at a guy who's crime is being way too passionate at times. Taking that away takes away a lot of what makes him great.

Kelce is a different story. Totally unnecessary, avoidable antics. I still remember the borderline key fumble a few years ago against Arizona where he tried to showboat with the ball instead of just falling to the ground. That shit has got to stop.

Peters is not immune to dumbfuckery. Remember him punting the ball into the stands? He was doing other things than focusing on the game yesterday too.

I'm far less worried about it than you are, especially when it is so damned obvious it gets in the Chargers head. Just pointing it out.

Rausch
09-25-2017, 07:38 AM

Exactly.

Every team needs one or two of those guys.

When you win they add more than they detract.

When you lose...well...

BigRedChief
09-25-2017, 07:52 AM
Berry was and is the unquestionable leader of the defense,

If I'm remembering right, Houston was close to Barry, one of the few that Barry allowed to visit him during the chemo. Houston stayed at Barry's mom house. It's a good assumption that Barry's close friend who is also damn good on the field would step up in Barry's place as the leader.

suzzer99
09-25-2017, 09:33 AM
Berry is still there on the sidelines.

Rausch
09-25-2017, 09:36 AM
Berry was and is the unquestionable leader of the defense,

If I'm remembering right, Houston was close to Barry, one of the few that Barry allowed to visit him during the chemo. Houston stayed at Barry's mom house. It's a good assumption that Barry's close friend who is also damn good on the field would step up in Barry's place as the leader.

It also doesn't hurt that he's the most physically impressive man on the field either.

Perhaps he didn't ask for the role - but he fits it...

ExtremeChief
09-25-2017, 10:14 AM
It also doesn't hurt that he's the most physically impressive man on the field either.

Perhaps he didn't ask for the role - but he fits it...

It would be quite a contest between him and Bailey.

Buehler445
09-25-2017, 12:59 PM
It would be quite a contest between him and Bailey.

Bailey is bigger but motherfucker, Houston can move. Jesus he's scary.

Eleazar
09-25-2017, 02:16 PM
I loved seeing Houston yapping at Peters for losing his cool. That's the difference between a world class talent and a world class talent that's a leader

oldman
09-25-2017, 02:51 PM
I loved seeing Houston yapping at Peters for losing his cool. That's the difference between a world class talent and a world class talent that's a leader

Nailed it. I think Houston is going to show us that the team was right in giving him all that money. There's been a lot of yapping about him not earning it due to injuries, so he's out there to shut a lot of folks up.

PAChiefsGuy
09-25-2017, 02:53 PM

I did like seeing that. He also yelled at Kelce during that Steelers playoff game.

He'd be a perfect leader for our D. He's well respected, not immature or overly emotional and I think can be a bit intimidating... Does what the team asks of him and never complains.

I hope he continues to be the D's leader throughout the year.