PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs ESPN's QBR formula gives Phyliss a higher rating than Alex for their matchup.

jLoy88
09-25-2017, 12:18 AM
Found this odd... (https://i.imgur.com/yFbxbeH.jpg)

Might be an error? Apparently that invented stat ESPN made gives a better rating for 3 picks, 50% comp., and no TD's (http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/5529/philip-rivers) over 2 TDs and 76% completion (http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/8416/alex-smith). If that is true, what a garbage stat.

CasselGotPeedOn
09-25-2017, 12:25 AM
ESPN is fucking garbage. What the fuck else is new.

Direckshun
09-25-2017, 12:29 AM
Alex didn't remotely play well. He reverted to being too conservative again, and was missing guys in the 2nd half. He was just off.

But Rivers was terrible. Even on his completions he was just chucking them up.

I'd be mildly surprised if this guy doesn't retire this year. Rivers just doesn't have the same ability.

MMXcalibur
09-25-2017, 12:40 AM
Alex didn't remotely play well. He reverted to being too conservative again, and was missing guys in the 2nd half. He was just off.

I'd be mildly surprised if this guy doesn't retire this year. Rivers just doesn't have the same ability.

I will be looking forward to 1/4th of the league fielding quarterbacks from the Rivers clan.

jLoy88
09-25-2017, 12:54 AM

Not gonna disagree, he definitely was off. But for any stat metric to say that 20/40 for 220 and 3 INT is even remotely close to being better than 16/21 for 155 and 2 TDs is absolutely bonkers to me.

Trent Green GOAT
09-25-2017, 05:28 AM
These "advanced" stats are silly.

threebag
09-25-2017, 05:32 AM

This.

Mike in SW-MO
09-25-2017, 06:33 AM

New Math.

redfan
09-25-2017, 06:42 AM
Cool, I'll take the W every time.

thegame214
09-25-2017, 06:48 AM
I saw that 85% of his passes went 5 yds or less yesterday....wowza

Why Not?
09-25-2017, 07:00 AM
You had your answer at "invented ESPN stat"

Best22
09-25-2017, 07:04 AM
But, but, but, moar yardz!

Bob Dole
09-25-2017, 07:27 AM
And this is why stats other than wins and losses mean shit, except in your fantasy.

mdstu
09-25-2017, 04:44 PM
Is it just me or does Rivers throwing motion look stranger and stranger as the years pass?

He looks like he's throwing a shot put.

Deberg_1990
09-25-2017, 04:51 PM
Is it just me or does Rivers throwing motion look stranger and stranger as the years pass?

He looks like he's throwing a shot put.

He's always had that weird release

DaneMcCloud
09-25-2017, 04:55 PM

Bullshit.

He was 8 of 9 with 2 TD's early.

Andy's playcalling was a bigger reason for the lower numbers in the second half because he kept leaving Alex exposed because Fulton and Witznmann could block to save their lives.

Also, offensive line penalties were constant drive killers, which is something Reid needs to get cleaned up overall.

JakeF
09-25-2017, 04:56 PM
The entire offense reverted to 2016. I'm pretty sure Andy Reid was masturbating furiously during halftime because winning whilst playing prevent offense and prevent defense makes him feel orgasmic.

DaneMcCloud
09-25-2017, 04:59 PM
The entire offense reverted to 2016. I'm pretty sure Andy Reid was masturbating furiously during halftime because winning whilst playing prevent offense and prevent defense makes him feel orgasmic.

Yeah, it wasn't the fact that Luiget, Bosa and Ingram were having their way with the offensive line, could it? 5 sacks and a shit ton of pressure.

Nah.

:rolleyes:

New World Order
09-25-2017, 05:41 PM
Isn't this what Tiger and Clay bet on for the season?

QBR?

threebag
09-25-2017, 05:50 PM
Isn't this what Tiger and :o) bet on for the season?

QBR?

:o) shouldn't bet he is a welching POS

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-25-2017, 05:57 PM
ESPN wants Mahomes to play so its hoping our coaching staff will look at their rating on alex .

Reerun_KC
09-25-2017, 06:02 PM
ESPN wants Mahomes to play so its hoping our coaching staff will look at their rating on alex .

Well yeah. Franchise QBs are marketable. They drive ratings, favorable calls and excitement.

Alex doesn't none of the above. All he does in not show up in the playoffs.

Mahomes brings swagger and a opportunity for success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jaa1025
09-25-2017, 06:04 PM
Yes it is an absolute garbage stat. Rivers had a horrible game and was far worse than Alex. Without looking at Alex's game stats as a Chief it might be worse than any game he has been in KC.

Now as far as Alex goes. That is the Alex that we've grown accustomed to and the reason the Chiefs drafted Mahomes. That is an Alex that won't even scratch a Championship.

Ming the Merciless
09-25-2017, 06:19 PM
QBR has its uses

just like every stat , you cant take them out of context

you have to look at them with other stats and the context out of the game

you could just as easily point to the 'old' quarterback rating for ALex smith in the chargers game of 128.1 and try to make the "claim" he had an amazing game.

He didnt.

Statistics can lie sometimes....

Sandy Vagina
09-25-2017, 06:25 PM
Yeah, it wasn't the fact that Luiget, Bosa and Ingram were having their way with the offensive line, could it? 5 sacks and a shit ton of pressure.

Nah.

who was the poster that derided the idea of those players having their way with KC's OL?

:p

Ming the Merciless
09-25-2017, 06:29 PM
who was the poster that derided the idea of those players having their way with KC's OL

Of course let me guess it's all about you, right?

Mr. ME ME ME ME guy

Hammock Parties
09-25-2017, 06:38 PM
It's nice to see Alex is right where he belongs.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DKnCeVjV4AAWYli.jpg

Reerun_KC
09-25-2017, 06:40 PM
It's nice to see Alex is right where he belongs.

Bullshit. He's better than that.

Your just being a hater. You know he has the QBR vs the blitz and is the up and comer MVP.

Stupid hater

Sandy Vagina
09-25-2017, 06:44 PM
Case Keenum about to get more than Stafford! LMAO

Hammock Parties
09-25-2017, 06:45 PM
Case Keenum about to get more than Stafford! LMAO

Keenum had an excellent game. Far better than Alex the last two weeks. Credit where it's due.

Dartgod
09-25-2017, 06:55 PM
I can pull up a half dozen stats that puts him in the top 10 in the league and some in the top 5. It's nice to see Alex is right where he belongs.

Hammock Parties
09-25-2017, 07:02 PM
Sorry, QBR is the gold standard. Tiger told me so.

New World Order
09-25-2017, 07:04 PM
The end could be coming for Tiger.

What was the bet Clay, top 10?

Hammock Parties
09-25-2017, 07:08 PM

:)

You have yourself a deal here... if Smith is not in the top 11 in ESPNs QBR (not qb rating) for quarterbacks who play at least 10 games in 2017 I'll ban myself for the offseason.

Reerun_KC
09-25-2017, 07:12 PM
I can pull up a half dozen stats that puts him in the top 10 in the league and some in the top 5.

Sorry. We've been preached all all off season about QBR.

QBR vs the blitz was tops in like forever.

It's all about that QBR.

Reerun_KC
09-25-2017, 07:12 PM

He will Welch its almost a guarantee he will.

KCrockaholic
09-25-2017, 07:15 PM
QBR is a subjectively made up stat, there's not a true structure to it which makes it pointless to me.

Sandy Vagina
09-25-2017, 07:17 PM
It's all about that W/L record.

FYP, for most of the people left that are good with Smith till 2018.

Sandy Vagina
09-25-2017, 07:19 PM

He probably should. We all know Claynus would. Not really much of a fair deal to honor, when it wouldn't be honored on both sides.

Valiant
09-25-2017, 08:56 PM
I think you get bonus points for harder throws or clutch points. It is the only reason he would have a higher total.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
09-25-2017, 09:16 PM
Clay our bet doesn't go into enforce until you fully complete the bet that you just welched on. I'm not going to let myself be suckered by a clown like you when you don't honor bets.

You have until Weds to comply.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
09-25-2017, 09:17 PM

Rid ofyourself old man. This forum already digged up your posts and stupid ass bet, everyone on that page agreed you are full of shit.

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=13052364&postcount=66

Hammock Parties
09-25-2017, 09:22 PM
Clay our bet doesn't go into enforce until you fully complete the bet that you just welched on. I'm not going to let myself be suckered by a clown like you when you don't honor bets.

No. That has no bearing on our bet. You will eat shit if you lose our bet, and you will like it.

I already honored my bet with Pest. I'm good for shit if the other party isn't fucking around and trying to abuse the board.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
09-25-2017, 09:25 PM
No. That has no bearing on our bet. You will eat shit if you lose our bet, and you will like it.

I already honored my bet with Pest. I'm good for shit if the other party isn't ****ing around and trying to abuse the board.

Honor your bet or I have no reason to believe that you will honor ours.
http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306636&highlight=welch&page=9

You have until Weds to comply

Hammock Parties
09-25-2017, 09:26 PM
Mind your own business, pal. I'll mind mine.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
09-25-2017, 09:28 PM
You give me no reason to believe our bet will be honored. Even tho I'll win, I don't take bets where I have nothing to gain.

Typical Clownus.

Hammock Parties
09-25-2017, 09:35 PM
Except for the fact that I honor bets (that aren't turned into board abuses) and honored the one with Pest...just mind your own business, punk. Our bet is sealed in fucking stone.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
09-25-2017, 09:38 PM
Except for the fact that I honor bets (that aren't turned into board abuses) and honored the one with Pest...just mind your own business, punk. Our bet is sealed in ****ing stone.

Abuse? The guy who has flooded this board with mults is crying abuse? ROFL

You have until Weds to comply or come to a compromise with JJCHIEF

CrowbarMan
09-25-2017, 10:07 PM
Qbr provides almost no weight to the beginning of the game and lots of weight to the end. For this reason Rivers' performance was rated higher than Smith, despite Charger fans cringing every time he threw. Also, they ding heavily for sacks.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-25-2017, 11:00 PM
Who would be dumb enough to bet Clay? I mean usually you will win, be welch he shall.

New World Order
09-26-2017, 12:58 AM

Already trying to get out of it

Nickhead
09-26-2017, 01:41 AM
aside from who's dick is bigger the bottom half of this thread, you all do realize that not ALL stats are updated as soon as the game ends, right?

i could be wrong, but i have seen this many times on espn's site. :D

CrowbarMan
09-26-2017, 04:38 AM
aside from who's dick is bigger the bottom half of this thread, you all do realize that not ALL stats are updated as soon as the game ends, right?

i could be wrong, but i have seen this many times on espn's site. :D

Barring an error in calculation, they have it correct. Of course, his Qbr in the playoff steelers loss was 70ish and yall ripped him in that game. It's mainly due to the lack of 2nd half scoring and lots of sacks.

ChiTown
09-26-2017, 05:57 AM
Just a FYI........

Anything that comes from ESPN is a pile of shit. You're welcome.

threebag
09-26-2017, 06:24 AM

Be the first time can't say that for the :o)

threebag
09-26-2017, 06:43 AM
Except for the fact that I honor bets (that aren't turned into board abuses) and honored the one with Pest...just mind your own business, punk. Our bet is sealed in fucking stone.

You wouldn't honor if you lost. Stop running your cock sucker, fucking :o)

threebag
09-26-2017, 06:45 AM
Who would be dumb enough to bet :o)? I mean usually you will win, be welch he shall.

This all day long unless you bet him to play your meat whistle.

threebag
09-26-2017, 07:11 AM

I already honored my bet with Pest. I'm good for shit if the other party isn't fucking around and trying to abuse the board.

Abuse the board LMAO. What a fucking :o)

Dartgod
09-26-2017, 07:34 AM

I think bets like these are dumb as hell, but yes, you welched on the JJ bet. The sig he suggested was dumb as hell, but in no way was it "board abuse".

Anyone who makes a bet with you is a dumbass.

Mr. Plow
09-26-2017, 07:41 AM
Already trying to get out of it

He knows he's going to lose so gotta get out of the bet somehow.

Reerun_KC
09-26-2017, 07:43 AM
I think bets like these are dumb as hell, but yes, you welched on the JJ bet. The sig he suggested was dumb as hell, but in no way was it "board abuse".

Only reason people make bets with him is for the drama of bringing up past bets he did or didn't honor.

For no other reason that to whine and moan about GoChiefs

threebag
09-26-2017, 07:59 AM
Only reason people make bets with him is for the drama of bringing up past bets he did or didn't honor.

For no other reason that to whine and moan about GoChiefs

LMAO

BigCatDaddy
09-26-2017, 10:27 AM
He knows he's going to lose so gotta get out of the bet somehow.

Pretty low... even for Tigger.

The Franchise
09-26-2017, 10:29 AM

He paid me. I've got no issue with him.

BlackHelicopters
09-26-2017, 10:30 AM
No1curr. We won.

Lzen
09-26-2017, 10:33 AM
:)

Too bad you couldn't get him to agree to ban himself forever.

Lzen
09-26-2017, 10:35 AM
Just a FYI........

True story.

Halfcan
09-26-2017, 10:39 AM
Just a FYI........

Exactly, they moved the Falcons ahead of the Chiefs in rankings because supposedly Ryan had a better game than Smith. They said the Chiefs Struggled (allowed 10 points and won by 2 TDs) .

Falcons get a better QBR throwing 3 INTs and barely getting by the Lions.

They gave up 26 points with 3 turnovers- the Chiefs had 0 turnovers and gave up 10 points on the road to a hated division rival.

I don't see any logic in any of their rankings or ratings. Biased horseshit.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-26-2017, 10:41 AM
I already ruled that :o) welcomed with JJ in the open wenches thread. He needs to settle that one first before making another.

SAUTO
09-26-2017, 11:41 AM
You give me no reason to believe our bet will be honored. Even tho I'll win, I don't take bets where I have nothing to gain.

Typical Clownus.

You already took the bet. Now you're looking for a way out.

You're a fucking pussy.

SAUTO
09-26-2017, 11:43 AM

once he changed the red i didn't see any issues either.

The red fucking sucked.

WhiteWhale
09-26-2017, 11:46 AM
QBR has its uses

just like every stat , you cant take them out of context

you have to look at them with other stats and the context out of the game

you could just as easily point to the 'old' quarterback rating for ALex smith in the chargers game of 128.1 and try to make the "claim" he had an amazing game.

He didnt.

Statistics can lie sometimes....

Yup, and it's not hard to figure out what's hurting his QBR. Same thing that always does.

His passing performance on 3rd down is consistently below average. That rating system punishes you for taking sacks on 3rd down or throwing a 4 yard completion on 3rd and 7.

dls6501
09-26-2017, 12:22 PM
That rating system punishes you for taking sacks on 3rd down or throwing a 4 yard completion on 3rd and 7.

Although QBR isnt perfect, there are certain reasons I prefer it to typical passer rating. You outlined it right here. If its 3rd and 8, and a QB throws a dump off for 3 yards, traditional passer rating deems this as a plus play. With QBR, it does not.

This is one aspect as to why I prefer QBR. On 3rd and 8, I would rather my QB threw the ball 9 yards for an incompletion, than complete a 2 yard dump off that is caught. At least the 9 yard attempt was made in effort to try to keep the drive alive.

Hammock Parties
09-26-2017, 12:55 PM

Alright, Tiger. Since I know you're an obstinate little cunt, and I care more about ridding this place of your ass than my own stupid sig, I will restore this eyesore bullshit.

But your ass better pay up when Alex strikes out hard this year.

dls6501
09-26-2017, 01:03 PM
Alright, Tiger. Since I know you're an obstinate little ****, and I care more about ridding this place of your ass than my own stupid sig, I will restore this eyesore bullshit.

The signature you had to put up is so stupid. Even if it was correct, I dont understand how people are blinded by the fact that predictions are often wrong. Someone making a prediction on a player and it not turning out is so different than not being able to analyze players who are already in the NFL.

threebag
09-26-2017, 01:03 PM
What a pussy way to go into a bet :o)

Ming the Merciless
09-26-2017, 01:06 PM
FYP, for most of the people left that are good with Smith till 2018.

13 more reg season games

threebag
09-26-2017, 01:07 PM
He will sign his extension prior to then

Ming the Merciless
09-26-2017, 01:07 PM
Although QBR isnt perfect, there are certain reasons I prefer it to typical passer rating. You outlined it right here. If its 3rd and 8, and a QB throws a dump off for 3 yards, traditional passer rating deems this as a plus play. With QBR, it does not.

This is one aspect as to why I prefer QBR. On 3rd and 8, I would rather my QB threw the ball 9 yards for an incompletion, than complete a 2 yard dump off that is caught. At least the 9 yard attempt was made in effort to try to keep the drive alive.

this times 11ty billion

PAChiefsGuy
09-26-2017, 01:08 PM
The signature you had to put up is so stupid. Even if it was correct, I dont understand how people are blinded by the fact that predictions are often wrong. Someone making a prediction on a player and it not turning out is so different than not being able to analyze players who are already in the NFL.

I don't think it is stupid at all. It shows his lack of football knowledge and shows how terrible he is at predictions.

dls6501
09-26-2017, 01:19 PM
I don't think it is stupid at all. It shows his lack of football knowledge and shows how terrible he is at predictions.

Predicting how a player will turn out is an inexact science. That is why you see busts happen all the time. It is far worse to analyze an NFL game and then try to make an incorrect claim than to make an incorrect prediction. Exponentially worse.

So you can hate on Clay for his terrible predictions all you want. He is clearly not good at them. But you are faulting him for not being able to predict the future. Kind of silly IMO.

Halfcan
09-26-2017, 01:32 PM

So a QB that throws 3 INTS and losses the game is rated higher than one that throws 0 INTS and wins the game?

Makes a lot of sense. :rolleyes:

The only stat that counts for a QB is a Win or Loss.

Ming the Merciless
09-26-2017, 02:37 PM
So a QB that throws 3 INTS and losses the game is rated higher than one that throws 0 INTS and wins the game?

great takeaway from this

heres the list of QBR qb's after a whole season of stats:

(last year)

http://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr/_/year/2016

taking one game and trying to derive who is 'better' is dumb

any statistic can be cherry picked to derive meaning from it, but taken as a whole...over longer term...and put into proper context, then you have something that becomes useful. wait a few weeks, then sort the QB's by qbr...i bet as the statistics and data are accumulated, the QBR becomes more and more useful throughout the season.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
09-26-2017, 02:53 PM
Alright, Tiger. Since I know you're an obstinate little ****, and I care more about ridding this place of your ass than my own stupid sig, I will restore this eyesore bullshit.

You better back pay all the days you didn't wear the sig.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
09-26-2017, 02:55 PM
You already took the bet. Now you're looking for a way out.

You're a ****ing pussy.

Stay out of it ass clown. No reasonable person would engage in a bet well knowing the other person doesn't pay up. But of course, unless they're someone of your intellect.

Hammock Parties
09-26-2017, 02:57 PM
You better back pay all the days you didn't wear the sig.

Check the Romper Room.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
09-26-2017, 03:01 PM
Looks like we've got ourselves a bet!

PAChiefsGuy
09-26-2017, 03:20 PM
Predicting how a player will turn out is an inexact science. That is why you see busts happen all the time. It is far worse to analyze an NFL game and then try to make an incorrect claim than to make an incorrect prediction. Exponentially worse.

So you can hate on Clay for his terrible predictions all you want. He is clearly not good at them. But you are faulting him for not being able to predict the future. Kind of silly IMO.

This post makes no sense. Obviously it is an inexact science but some GMs are a lot better than others at it. Some posters are a lot better than others at it as well.

Why are some posters better at it than others? You seem to think it is luck. I disagree. I think some simply have more football knowledge than Clay. To be fair I think Clay has a lot of football knowledge but he is so emotional especially when it comes to the QB position he can't think clearly. It is almost like he is insane.

He is not someone I'd ever listen to when it comes to football.

Mr. Plow
09-26-2017, 03:30 PM
but he is so emotional especially when it comes to the QB position he can't think clearly. It is almost like he is insane.

He is not someone I'd ever listen to when it comes to football.

Pot, meet kettle. Kettle, meet pot.

BlackHelicopters
09-26-2017, 03:34 PM
Move on from fucking espn? Break away. Break away now. Fuck.

Ming the Merciless
09-26-2017, 03:37 PM
Pot, meet kettle. Kettle, meet pot.

^this

BlackHelicopters
09-26-2017, 04:52 PM
^this

Plow and Pawn
I made the break long ago. If anyone needs support I will come to their home to help.

PAChiefsGuy
09-26-2017, 04:58 PM
Smitty is currently

- #1 QB Rating (132.7)
- #1 Completion % (77.4)
- #2 TDs (7)
- #10 Total Yards (774)

and

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DKmPiSsWsAA_HNT.jpg

Ming the Merciless
09-26-2017, 04:59 PM
Plow and Pawn
I made the break long ago. If anyone needs support I will come to their home to help.

free teeth cleaning?? bring a few hot young dental hygenists??

SAUTO
09-26-2017, 05:06 PM
Stay out of it ass clown. No reasonable person would engage in a bet well knowing the other person doesn't pay up. But of course, unless they're someone of your intellect.

Hey dumb fuck, you ALREADY entered into the bet. You called the terms. ROFL.

JohnV
09-26-2017, 05:20 PM
Smitty is currently

- #1 QB Rating (132.7)
- #1 Completion % (77.4)
- #2 TDs (7)
- #10 Total Yards (774)

and

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DKmPiSsWsAA_HNT.jpg

Have fun with your little 3 game sample. He's gotten worse every week. These stats aren't going to hold up

WhiteWhale
09-27-2017, 09:11 AM

I agree, but if the system really did grade Rivers over Smith, it's obviously not perfect.

I wasn't overly impressed with Smith's performance in the game, but Rivers was a disaster. Those interceptions weren't tipped or anything... they were just hot garbage passes. I dunno how it doesn't punish you harshly for passes like that.

BlackHelicopters
09-27-2017, 09:38 AM
free teeth cleaning?? bring a few hot young dental hygenists??

Absolutely. Let's do some non anesthesia root canals instead.

Rausch
09-27-2017, 09:48 AM
Have fun with your little 3 game sample. He's gotten worse every week. These stats aren't going to hold up

No, they'll get better. After week 7 we face TOTAL DOGSHIT pass defenses (outside of Denver x2.)

Hammock Parties
09-27-2017, 12:55 PM
Smith is in the running for MVP!!!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NFL?src=hash">#NFL</a> MVP odds:<br><br>Rodgers/Brady/Ryan +400<br>Stafford +1000<br>Carr/Smith/Hunt +1400<br>Mariota +1600<br>Winston/Prescott/Cousins +2000<br>Wentz +3300</p>&mdash; OddsShark (@OddsShark) <a href="https://twitter.com/OddsShark/status/913060731926532096">September 27, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Chiefnj2
09-27-2017, 01:31 PM
Smith hasn't completed a pass between 10 and 20 yards downfield the last two weeks. He only has one mid-range attempt.

milkman
09-27-2017, 02:52 PM

Wins and losses are not be a QB stat, and should not be viewed as such..

That is a team stat.

Sandy Vagina
09-27-2017, 03:07 PM

That is a team stat.

Agreed, but are they not all team stats? Does any individual, offensive player do anything without the assistance of others?

QBs need protection.. need targets that can get open and catch passes.
RBs need blocking at the line and downfield.. need a QB to make beneficial pre-snap adjustments.
WRs and TEs need a QB to deliver reasonably accurate and well timed passes. They need the OL to give the QB that time. They need other receiving options to accurately carry out their assignments.
OL need their QB to have pocket composure.. need their fellow OL to be alert and assist delayed rushes, stunts, etc.
Even kickers need protection and a well placed snap and set.

Halfcan
09-29-2017, 08:37 AM

That is a team stat.

Yes they are- the starting QB gets credit for the win. Same with the playoffs and SB.

This is why Troy Aikman got into the HOF.

Hammock Parties
09-29-2017, 08:41 AM
Smith hasn't completed a pass between 10 and 20 yards downfield the last two weeks. He only has one mid-range attempt.

It's almost like his deep shots are just pre-determined reads or something... :hmmm:

Halfcan
09-29-2017, 08:41 AM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_National_Football_League_career_quarterback_wins_leaders

QB Career Wins record.

Alex is currently #40.

Hammock Parties
09-29-2017, 08:44 AM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_National_Football_League_career_quarterback_wins_leaders

QB Career Wins record.

Alex is currently #40.

Dave Krieg is #22 LMAO

Same shit, different day.

Fish
09-29-2017, 08:53 AM
:hmmm:

Think Alex Smith has changed his approach? Not so fast ... (http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20850120/nfl-how-much-alex-smith-really-changed-2017)

All the storylines fit when you look at the raw numbers. Alex Smith is having the best start to his career, and one of the best three weeks in the NFL, after the Kansas City Chiefs began the process of replacing him. With first-round draft pick Patrick Mahomes II sitting on the bench, Smith has transformed into the aggressive gunslinger that no one thought he wanted to be.

One caveat: He hasn't.

The disparity between Smith's traditional passer rating and his total quarterback rating illustrates the help he has received from teammates in what remains a highly conservative passing offense. This is not to say Smith has played poorly. The Chiefs' attack is best viewed as the most efficient Alex Smith offense imaginable, rather than something new.

Let's take a closer look as the Chiefs prepare for Monday night's matchup against the Washington Redskins, utilizing research from Micah Adams and Jacob Nitzberg of ESPN Stats & Information.

https://i.imgur.com/WaX59rK.png

Without a doubt, the Chiefs' passing offense has put up some big numbers. Entering Week 4, Smith was completing an absurd percentage of his throws -- more than 10 percentage points higher than the New England Patriots' Tom Brady, for example. No quarterback was throwing touchdown passes at a higher rate per attempt than Smith, and none had more big-play scoring throws.

Those figures have ballooned Smith's passer rating, a figure based on completion percentage, yards, touchdown passes and interceptions. (His 774 yards ranked No. 10 in the league.) But as you can see below, his NFL-leading passer rating stands in contradiction to his QBR, which attempts to incorporate more context about a quarterback's performance.

https://i.imgur.com/R3czAXA.png

In this case, QBR paints a more complete picture of Smith's season.

Most importantly, we see that Chiefs pass-catchers are turning relatively safe and conservative passes into bigger chunks of yardage. The Chiefs averaged the NFL's highest yardage total after the catch, per completion, and had not dropped a single pass through the first three weeks of the season, based on ESPN Stats & Information video analysis. (Last season, the Chiefs dropped a higher percentage of passes -- 5.0 percent -- than all but six teams.)

On the other hand, an average Smith pass is traveling 5.81 yards in the air past the line of scrimmage -- lower than 26 other NFL quarterbacks. That's even less than the 6.24 air yards per throw he has averaged since joining the Chiefs in 2013, the lowest among qualified quarterbacks over that span.

Also pulling down Smith's QBR has been his high sack rate per dropback, the worst in the NFL, and his struggles to convert first downs on third-down throws.

https://i.imgur.com/scpSt0G.png

Indeed, the Chiefs' success hasn't been the result of a new Alex Smith. If anything, it's Alex Smith turned up to 11.

As the next graphic shows, more than one out of every three passes Smith has thrown this season didn't make it past the line of scrimmage. These are the highest-percentage throws in football. They are the easiest to complete, the most difficult to force a turnover on and the type of pass that puts the maximum responsibility on the receiver to make it a positive gain.

https://i.imgur.com/wRFwJUX.png

This is nothing new for Smith. Since 2013, he has led the NFL in percentage of throws at or behind the line of scrimmage (28.2).

As a result, it should not be surprising that Smith had thrown the NFL's fewest passes, by percentage, that travel more than five yards beyond the line of scrimmage -- and it's not even close. About 37 percent of his throws are extending beyond that five-yard mark. The next-lowest percentage was produced by the Oakland Raiders' Derek Carr (43 percent), and the NFL average is 56 percent.

None of this is to take away from the net result of the Chiefs' performance. These numbers simply give us a better understanding of how it has happened, who (else) deserves the credit and the extent to which Smith has remained consistent to his career approach.

Mr. Plow
09-29-2017, 09:00 AM
Soooo....same shit, different year.

Hammock Parties
09-29-2017, 09:06 AM
It's the same cuck with 4 pre-determined deep balls, two to absurdly wide open receivers, mixed in to muddy the waters.

They'll clear soon enough.