PDA

View Full Version : Life My odd dream^3 last night.

Rain Man
09-26-2017, 05:24 PM
I swear this is true. Don't read further unless you're feeling deep and philosophical.

I had a dream last night, and in the dream I was asleep and having a dream. I recognized that I was having the first dream even though I was asleep, because it occurred to me that I was having a dream inside a dream. And then it occurred to me that I was still asleep while having this realization, so that in itself was a dream.

So in other words, I had a dream that I had become aware of having a dream during a dream. I was three dream levels imbedded.

Freaked me out. I feel kind of lucky that I was able to climb back out.

Reerun_KC
09-26-2017, 05:26 PM
Twilight hotel with Freddy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rain Man
09-26-2017, 05:29 PM
Twilight hotel with Freddy?

I think I was tantalizingly close to discovering a new plane of human existence. I'll try again tonight.

Reerun_KC
09-26-2017, 05:34 PM
I think I was tantalizingly close to discovering a new plane of human existence. I'll try again tonight.

Just make sure you don't let go of the rope. You want to be pulled out of it gets too deep.

Randallflagg
09-26-2017, 05:41 PM
I swear this is true. Don't read further unless you're feeling deep and philosophical.

I had a dream last night, and in the dream I was asleep and having a dream. I recognized that I was having the first dream even though I was asleep, because it occurred to me that I was having a dream inside a dream. And then it occurred to me that I was still asleep while having this realization, so that in itself was a dream.

So in other words, I had a dream that I had become aware of having a dream during a dream. I was three dream levels imbedded.

Dude...we had a saying back in the late 60s-70s it was FAR OUT!

But seriously, I think that you have been reading too much Nietzsche.........

Or partaking of the mushrooms a tad too much..... :)

stumppy
09-26-2017, 05:47 PM
Walk towards the light.

Simply Red
09-26-2017, 06:00 PM
I've had double dreams - FUN!!

JakeLV
09-26-2017, 06:01 PM
It became self aware

*insert Inception joke*

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-26-2017, 06:09 PM
I love dreaming! It's awesome. It's best when you can wake up around 4 am and keep nodding off and on, you can get in several good dreams. And I don't care if they're scary or what, they're all great.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-26-2017, 06:12 PM
Except for the ones where you need to fight or defend yourself and you cant move your arms, those are frustrating and I try to wake up and get to the next one. Lots of times I try to think about banging some gorgeous supermodel as I fall asleep hoping for a great dream but it always turns into a fucking plane crash or some shit.

Rain Man
09-26-2017, 06:17 PM
Except for the ones where you need to fight or defend yourself and you cant move your arms, those are frustrating and I try to wake up and get to the next one. Lots of times I try to think about banging some gorgeous supermodel as I fall asleep hoping for a great dream but it always turns into a ****ing plane crash or some shit.

I once spent a night in a bed and breakfast on a work trip in a strange city, and in the middle of the night I felt myself floating up from the bed, completely unable to move. I was trying to move, but couldn't. Then suddenly I fell back into the bed and woke up. I've never had a dream like that before or since. I didn't stay at that bed and breakfast on subsequent trips.

TribalElder
09-26-2017, 06:18 PM
http://orig05.deviantart.net/1b58/f/2010/296/2/1/inception_spinning_top_by_bloodredbetrayal-d31d8xo.jpg

Rain Man
09-26-2017, 06:20 PM
I may have to see that Inception movie to get some clues about this.

stevieray
09-26-2017, 06:28 PM
I love dreaming! It's awesome. It's best when you can wake up around 4 am and keep nodding off and on, you can get in several good dreams. And I don't care if they're scary or what, they're all great.

I was dreaming of Niagra Falls, woke up and realized I just had to pee.

Perineum Ripper
09-26-2017, 06:46 PM
https://media.tenor.com/images/7dab0f787ab0b7543413b2e30aff0f5c/tenor.gif

88TG88
09-26-2017, 06:52 PM
Antifreeze will fix those dreams right up

patteeu
09-26-2017, 07:07 PM
Is there any way you can record your sleep on video in case something extraordinary happens?

Kman34
09-26-2017, 07:08 PM
http://cdn1.dreamcatchercomi.netdna-cdn.com/images/D/Tan-dc476-dreamcatcher-with-quartz.jpg

Get one or three of these... I'm not sure...

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-26-2017, 07:12 PM
One of my favorite songs

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/n-DmAh0dObI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KChiefs1
09-26-2017, 07:34 PM
Inception

ptlyon
09-26-2017, 08:05 PM
You do realize that if you dream that the Chiefs win the SB you'll die, right?

Rain Man
09-26-2017, 10:12 PM
Is there any way you can record your sleep on video in case something extraordinary happens?

I record my heart rate with my watch. I'm going to go back and check it to see if it spiked during the cubic dream. But it really shouldn't have spiked since it wasn't a bad dream.

Maybe I'll video it going forward. But what if it was a once-in-a-lifetime portal? I may have missed my opportunity.

Rain Man
09-26-2017, 10:12 PM
You do realize that if you dream that the Chiefs win the SB you'll die, right?

I know better than to dream that.

Cornstock
09-26-2017, 10:27 PM
It was actually 4 levels, because you're in a dream right now...

How's that for deeply philosophical?

Rain Man
09-26-2017, 10:31 PM

How's that for deeply philosophical?

I'm starting to see the big picture now. My third eye is opening. Or maybe my fourth.

Cornstock
09-26-2017, 10:46 PM
I'm starting to see the big picture now. My third eye is opening. Or maybe my fourth.

In all reality, when we take into account Moore's Law (Rainman is more familiar with this than most I'm sure) the probability that we live in a Matrix like dream state is extremely likely.

Taking this into account, you really may be 4 levels deep.

BlackOp
09-26-2017, 11:02 PM

But who's dream...there is a good chance none of this is actually happening.

Cornstock
09-26-2017, 11:18 PM
But who's dream...there is a good chance none of this is actually happening.

Exactly. Our reality could be some glitched up computer program on a 7/11 server in Albuquerque in their year 3025.

That's assuming that it's not some Alien race's computer server, which is actually more likely. Our whole universe could be fabricated inside this program, and the higher level of reality is inconceivable to us.

Just imagine that we're all the protagonist in a giant game of Grand Theft Auto, where, due to incredible advances in computing power, we have all gained self-aware consciousness. I estimate we're only 50 years from creating this ourselves. And thus, a 5th level of dreaming.

Fire Me Boy!
09-27-2017, 06:08 AM

You're in the Matrix.

I dreamed that my wife made "lo mein" with polish sausage, corn, spaghetti, and barbecue sauce.

MahiMike
09-27-2017, 07:57 AM
Sounds like a script to a really shitty movie.

mlyonsd
09-27-2017, 08:03 AM
Maybe you're in a coma and don't know it.

One way to tell is go up to the nearest person and slap them across the face. Report back.

loochy
09-27-2017, 08:11 AM
<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/UkT7NQ39uycyA" width="480" height="200" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/movie-the-matrix-neo-UkT7NQ39uycyA">via GIPHY</a></p>