PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs How did the Redskins D hold Oakland to 95 yards?

Direckshun
09-27-2017, 07:47 AM
Prior to the final drive of the game, the Redskins D (easily a top 10 unit in the NFL) held the Raiders to 95 TOTAL YARDS OF OFFENSE. WHAT.

That is ridiculous.

This is a team with an excellent OL, a Hall of Fame RB, a Pro Bowl caliber QB, and good weapons downfield, including one of the best receivers in the NFL.

The Raiders have a really good offense.

So how did Washington do it? Looking for explanations from those who watched the game.

displacedinMN
09-27-2017, 07:49 AM
Raiders gonna Raider.

lcarus
09-27-2017, 07:51 AM
The Raiders have 0 running game. Washington got after Carr all night. Especially when they had a 2 TD lead. Just a horrid game for Oakland all around. They're overrated.

BigRedChief
09-27-2017, 07:57 AM
They're overrated.No they are not. They are a damn good football team. You think NE sucks after we embarrassed them on their field on the night they celebrated their championship?

The Raiders have 0 running game. Washington got after Carr all night. They're overrated.Your other points are good. Watched a conversation on the NFL network about what went wrong. Basically they said the Redskins got in the face and played tough on the WR's. Stopped the running game and hit Carr every chance they got.

notorious
09-27-2017, 07:58 AM
HOF RB?

Simply Red
09-27-2017, 07:58 AM
Played at home

notorious
09-27-2017, 07:59 AM
Raiders haven't beat a team worth a shit for a looooong time while boosting their record with the bottom feeders.

That's the very definition of over rated.

Direckshun
09-27-2017, 08:00 AM
HOF RB?

Marshawn is going to the Hall, first ballot.

Shaid
09-27-2017, 08:01 AM
yeah, HOF RB is a bit much. He was good for a few years but not HOF good.

Shut down the run and pressure Carr. Carr is not good when pressured, it was the same last year. That's why I'm a bit afraid our slow pressure early approach won't be as effective against Oakland. Right now my immediate concern is making sure we don't have the same crap happen to us.

BleedingRed
09-27-2017, 08:02 AM
Prior to the final drive of the game, the Redskins D (easily a top 10 unit in the NFL) held the Raiders to 95 TOTAL YARDS OF OFFENSE. WHAT.

https://media.giphy.com/media/l4Ki2obCyAQS5WhFe/giphy.gif

ThaVirus
09-27-2017, 08:22 AM

He's overrated AF and you're delusional.

staylor26
09-27-2017, 08:35 AM
Because if you can consistently get pressure on Derek he turns into David. He and his team are overrated.

PunkinDrublic
09-27-2017, 08:36 AM
Raiders have a lot of talent but no heart. They don't respond very well when they get punched in the mouth. Reid more times than not coaches circles around Del Rio. It's amazing, after we beat chokeland for the third straight time, you still had hack writers like Pete Prisco making every excuse under the sun and still claiming the Faiders a better team. Every major media hack it seemed was too much of a coward to admit the Chiefs were the best team in the division last year.

Buns
09-27-2017, 08:37 AM
HOF RB Marshawn Lynch???

"I'm just here...to get inducted."

lcarus
09-27-2017, 08:45 AM
No they are not. They are a damn good football team. You think NE sucks after we embarrassed them on their field on the night they celebrated their championship?
Your other points are good. Watched a conversation on the NFL network about what went wrong. Basically they said the Redskins got in the face and played tough on the WR's. Stopped the running game and hit Carr every chance they got.

I don't think they're a bad football team. Obviously they are good and just had a bad night against another good team. But I do think they're a tad overrated in that a lot of people think they're the best team in the AFC and I disagree with that. I also think people overrated what Lynch would bring to their team. As far as I can tell, they were better last year with Latavius Murray.

But...it's still September so I could be wrong and they could wind up winning it all. Piss on them anyway.

Reerun_KC
09-27-2017, 08:47 AM
Raiders haven't beat a team worth a shit for a looooong time while boosting their record with the bottom feeders.

That's the very definition of over rated.

We did that the year we started 9-0.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

O.city
09-27-2017, 08:48 AM
Raiders just got out game planned and out played. It happens. Sometimes shit just goes down.

Chiefs steelers last year, chiefs packers etc.

A couple turnovers, etc etc

But, the raiders defense is bad. They've got some good players but it's just bad

MIAdragon
09-27-2017, 08:58 AM

And we were overrated.

LoneWolf
09-27-2017, 08:59 AM

I'd bet any amount of money that he isn't a first ballot hall of famer.

O.city
09-27-2017, 09:00 AM
I will say though, Carr looked shell shocked. I dunno, it was just weird.

The skins came out like a team that had been told they were gonna get the shit kicked out of them all week and just blasted anyone wearing a raiders jersey.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-27-2017, 09:24 AM
Do you piss your pants at the thought of playing any team, Voyager? Jesus, they aren't the 2017 Broncos defense, much less the 2000 Ravens. Also, Lynch first ballot ROFL ROFL ROFL

Pasta Little Brioni
09-27-2017, 09:25 AM
Honestly, the Raiders are talented, but extremely flawed with a bad head coach.

TomBarndtsTwin
09-27-2017, 09:25 AM

That is ridiculous.

This is a team with an excellent OL, a Hall of Fame RB, a Pro Bowl caliber QB, and good weapons downfield, including one of the best receivers in the NFL.

The Raiders have a really good offense.

So how did Washington do it? Looking for explanations from those who watched the game.

Haven't bothered to read through the thread, but didn't we basically do the same thing to Oakland last year on a Thursday night??

I mean, I realize they ended up a little over 200 total yards against us, but we held Carr to 117 yards passing on 41 attempts. He looked confused and frustrated the whole game.

Faiders don't seem to play well on the road in tough environments, especially ones where a team has a halfway decent defense.

Maybe the media should hold off on the crowning of the Faid as the next great AFC team until they actually start beating good teams on the road consistently?

ModSocks
09-27-2017, 09:34 AM
Jack Del Rio.

Offensive systems have to evolve year to year or you become predictable and easier to defend. Just look at Andy Reid. Every season he has a new wrinkle in his offense. His offense has NOT been the same year to year.

A lot was said about Tony Romo accurately predicting plays for the Raiders. Del Rio has never been an offensive mind so i'm left to wonder if their offense has gone stale.

ModSocks
09-27-2017, 09:37 AM
On a side note, listening to Nick Hardwick on Monday morning and he thought that the Chiefs and Reid were in cruise control the whole game against the Chargers. He thought that, after watching film, the Chiefs barely did any of what they did the first two weeks of the season and were content with playing vanilla offense, shelving their more elaborate play designs.

Rausch
09-27-2017, 09:37 AM
They still have no running game. Their defense is $3it.

The Redskins (defensively) took risks and they paid off.

The Raiders are one dimensional.

It's why we keep beating them...

O.city
09-27-2017, 09:39 AM
Jack Del Rio.

Offensive systems have to evolve year to year or you become predictable and easier to defend. Just look at Andy Reid. Every season he has a new wrinkle in his offense. His offense has NOT been the same year to year.

A lot was said about Tony Romo accurately predicting plays for the Raiders. Del Rio has never been an offensive mind so i'm left to wonder if their offense has gone stale.

Jacks a defensive guy who's defense hasn't improved at all with an influx of talent.

Their dl is playing better and their ilbs do seem to stop the run better so I shouldn't say haven't improved at all. But damn.

They're basically Derek Carr plays well we win, he plays bad we don't

Rausch
09-27-2017, 09:41 AM

Yes.

He's no different than Dungy in Indy...

alpha_omega
09-27-2017, 09:43 AM
HOF RB?

That jumped out at me too...no way.

thegame214
09-27-2017, 09:44 AM
Remember that really impressive Raiders game where they beat that really good team? Me neither

lawrenceRaider
09-27-2017, 09:49 AM
The Raider OL never got up off the bench where they sat in protest for the national anthem. Carr was the only guy I saw for the Raiders standing for the anthem.

ModSocks
09-27-2017, 09:49 AM
That jumped out at me too...no way.

You don't think Marshawn Lynch will be in the HoF?

BlackOp
09-27-2017, 09:54 AM

This is what happens when you have a lopsided roster...Raiders squeaked by a lot of below average teams last year. They have really shallow depth too.

Broncos pummeled them when Carr was out...your whole team cant revolve around a single player. They crumbled without him...

Their defense isn't going to hold up well as the season progresses.

notorious
09-27-2017, 09:56 AM

Yep, and promptly ended the year 2-6 when playing the real teams.

DJ's left nut
09-27-2017, 09:56 AM
Because Marshawn Lynch suu*******s and sometimes QBs just don't have it.

I mean I know that latter thought is blasphemy around here, but it's true. Sometimes every team in football needs to win games when their QB just isn't sharp. Even guys like Brady look off sometimes.

Carr had a bad game and Lynch isn't a good RB. So the offense had nowhere else to go.

staylor26
09-27-2017, 09:57 AM
Marshawn Lynch absolutely had a HOF caliber career, but to suggest he's anywhere close to the same player is hilarious.

mcaj22
09-27-2017, 10:01 AM
1. Jack Del Rio

all that offensive talent and hes not smart enough to adjust on offense ever to counter gameflow. Once the Raiders offense sinks in a game, they sink hard. They dont have close games, its either a dominant offensive performance or complete meltdown of offensive production, no in between.

2. Redskins have a good front 7 and 1 elite CB who takes away half the field

O.city
09-27-2017, 10:04 AM

I mean I know that latter thought is blasphemy around here, but it's true. Sometimes every team in football needs to win games when their QB just isn't sharp. Even guys like Brady look off sometimes.

Carr had a bad game and Lynch isn't a good RB. So the offense had nowhere else to go.

Lynch really looks different doesn't he? I didn't think he'd be the guy he was, but man, he looks washed. Just never made sense to me to sign an old rb.

Lynch, Peterson, etc. we see it every year.

There's a really cheap and easy way to get a productive running back in April every year

BlackOp
Their defense gave up nearly 500 yards...they did that last season too. The only problem is they are playing much better teams this year. Brady/Belichick are going to run circles around Norton....

PAChiefsGuy

Excellent point about QBs sometimes being off. Even the greatest show on turf when they won the SB, in the NFC Championship gm they won 11-6 over the Bucs. Kurt Warner was 26/43, 258 yds, 1 TD 3 INTs.

No QB can carry the team every single game. There's a reason Marino never won the SB and it isn't because the guy was a bad QB.

O.city
Marshawn Lynch absolutely had a HOF caliber career, but to suggest he's anywhere close to the same player is hilarious.

I hate saying it because he'll probably proceed to run all over the chiefs but lynch looks aged

DJ's left nut
09-27-2017, 10:05 AM

No way. Based on what?

If Marshawn Lynch belongs in the HoF, Corey Dillon should've gone in on the first ballot. What makes Lynch appreciably better than Thomas Jones?

Lynch isn't a HoFer. He's been in the top 5 in rushing yards for a season twice in his career. He's been in the top 5 in yards from scrimmage once. Top 5 in TDs twice. He had a good 3 year stretch in an otherwise completely forgettable 10+ year career.

There is no way in hell that guy belongs in the HoF.

O.city
09-27-2017, 10:06 AM
Lynch has seemed to live off one long crazy td run. He's been good but I think it's a bit overblown

DJ's left nut
09-27-2017, 10:09 AM
Excellent point about QBs sometimes being off. Even the greatest show on turf when they won the SB, in the NFC Championship gm they won 11-6 over the Bucs. Kurt Warner was 26/43, 258 yds, 1 TD 3 INTs.

No QB can carry the team every single game. There's a reason Marino never won the SB and it isn't because the guy was a bad QB.

And its mirror image is also true - sometimes the team's off and the QB needs to save them.

That's what separates the good from the great. When the Pats struggled a time or two in the playoffs, Brady saved their asses. I've seen Rodgers do it on several occasions but his team's just too prone to it.

A championship caliber QB can and will pull his team from the fire a time or two on any SB run. By that same token, his teammates may need to bail him out along the way. The Seahawks during their best years were good examples of both. And sometimes they showed that you may need both in the same damn game. Maybe the defense keeps the team alive long enough for the QB to find his footing. Maybe the QB keeps a shootout going until the D gets a key stop.

And sometimes both are great or both suck. But at various points throughout the season, each side has to pick up the other. On Sunday night nobody was there to answer the call when it was clear that Carr didn't have it early on.

gold_and_red
09-27-2017, 10:10 AM
Raider hype in the last 12 months has always been about the media wanting them to be elite versus them actually being elite. What other team has been propped up this crazily and hastily while being doormats for a very long time before that?

Until JDR and his staff magically improve their coaching prowess it is hard to see the Raiders taking the next step.

MahiMike
09-27-2017, 10:10 AM
I will say though, Carr looked shell shocked. I dunno, it was just weird.

The skins came out like a team that had been told they were gonna get the shit kicked out of them all week and just blasted anyone wearing a raiders jersey.

Didn't help that his WR s couldn't catch a cold.

staylor26
09-27-2017, 10:11 AM
No way. Based on what?

If Marshawn Lynch belongs in the HoF, Corey Dillon should've gone in on the first ballot. What makes Lynch appreciably better than Thomas Jones?

Lynch isn't a HoFer. He's been in the top 5 in rushing yards for a season twice in his career. He's been in the top 5 in yards from scrimmage once. Top 5 in TDs twice. He had a good 3 year stretch in an otherwise completely forgettable 10+ year career.

There is no way in hell that guy belongs in the HoF.

Maybe I'm putting too much stock into post season success during his Seattle tenure, but I feel like he deserves it.

DJ's left nut
09-27-2017, 10:11 AM
Lynch really looks different doesn't he? I didn't think he'd be the guy he was, but man, he looks washed. Just never made sense to me to sign an old rb.

Lynch, Peterson, etc. we see it every year.

There's a really cheap and easy way to get a productive running back in April every year

He looked like shit in 2015. That's what I don't understand.

Why did anyone think that a guy who looked spent in 2015 would take a year off, get a year old (and deeper into his 30s) and come back looking better?

If Lynch runs on us, it will be because his line made it possible and had the Raiders taken someone like Cook instead of that rapey DB they took, things would be uglier still.

Lynch is a lousy runningback and to add him to a team that makes its living on their hotshot young QB throwing balls to his big ol' possession WR and stud young first rounder was just sizzle over steak all the way.

TomBarndtsTwin
09-27-2017, 10:12 AM
Didn't help that his WR s couldn't catch a cold.

That part is surprising to no one. Both Crabtree and Cooper were Top 10 in dropped passes last year. Crabtree led the league.

Rausch
09-27-2017, 10:12 AM
Raider hype in the last 12 months has always been about the media wanting them to be elite versus them actually being elite. What other team has been propped up this crazily and hastily while being doormats for a very long time before that?

Until JDR and his staff magically improve their coaching prowess it is hard to see the Raiders taking the next step.

I'm not worried about the Raiders.

If Denver actually has a good day they could smack us down...

staylor26
09-27-2017, 10:14 AM
I hate saying it because he'll probably proceed to run all over the chiefs but lynch looks aged

He looked done two years ago. It's funny that people thought sitting out a year would somehow turn back the clock.

Edit: just saw DJ basically said the same shit lol

BlackOp
09-27-2017, 10:16 AM
Raider hype in the last 12 months has always been about the media wanting them to be elite versus them actually being elite.

In all fairness...it's not Carr's fault that a new stadium in Vegas led to him being over-inflated. The NFL is desperate for young QBs to market.

The pundits kept hyping Lynch while ignoring the terrible defense and record low margin of victory.

They are 9-7 team on paper....

notorious
09-27-2017, 10:20 AM
Jack Del Rio and Ken Norton.

Say it out loud.

DJ's left nut
09-27-2017, 10:21 AM
In all fairness...it's not Carr's fault that a new stadium in Vegas led to him being over-inflated. The NFL is desperate for young QBs to market.

The pundits kept hyping Lynch while ignoring the terrible defense and record low margin of victory.

They are 9-7 team on paper....

The Titans win was impressive. Beating them on the road in their opener made folks take notice. That was fair.

Fisting the Jets meant nothing.

We may know less about Oakland than any team in the league right now. That could still be a 12-4 squad based on how they looked against TN. It could be a 7-9 squad based on their performance against Washington.

And given the tiny margins of victory last year, I'm not even sure how demonstrative last season's record and performance can be. It's a damn difficult team to get a read on.

staylor26
09-27-2017, 10:24 AM
One guy that deserves a lot of blame is Amari Cooper. I absolutely loved him coming out, but he has yet to take any steps forward. If anything, he's regressed a little.

BlackOp
09-27-2017, 10:25 AM
Maybe I'm putting too much stock into post season success during his Seattle tenure, but I feel like he deserves it.

Lynch was great over a 3 year stretch...but he was as much personality as he was the best at his craft.

Charles/Holmes deserve to be in more that Marshawn.

gold_and_red
09-27-2017, 10:26 AM

I can see that especially if Alex decides to run into pressure.

BlackOp
09-27-2017, 10:30 AM
The Titans win was impressive. Beating them on the road in their opener made folks take notice. That was fair.

Yes...but the was the season opener. Teams usually dont define their seasons until week 6.

KC got walloped by the Steelers while they were sorting through replacement CBs. Unfortunately for the Raiders...they dont have the coaching/depth to solve their defensive problems. That whole back end is a mess.

Coochie liquor
09-27-2017, 10:34 AM
Honestly, the Raiders are talented, but extremely flawed with a bad head coach.

This. Jack Diarrhea is a shitty coach with some good players.

BlackOp
09-27-2017, 10:34 AM

Reid out schemed their defense at Arrowhead...and that was without a RB like Hunt.

DJ's left nut
09-27-2017, 10:40 AM

If they've got their run D figured out, they won't be fun to play against.

That pass defense remains ferocious. 5 step drops against that bunch are going to be hard to come by. But if you can soften them up with the running game, you might be alright.

They were a pretty average run defense last year but they look quite a bit better this season.

TomBarndtsTwin
09-27-2017, 10:41 AM
KC will handle Denver and Oakland at home. Not worried about that.

Playing in Oakland will be tough this year (even though we traditionally play well there), due to it being on a short week (Thursday night game) and after having played a big game at home against the Steelers on Sunday.

That is the main reason why I am hoping for a Donko win over the Faid this weekend.

BlackOp
09-27-2017, 10:46 AM
KC will handle Denver and Oakland at home. Not worried about that.

Playing in Oakland will be tough this year (even though we traditionally play well there), due to it being on a short week (Thursday night game) and after having played a big game at home against the Steelers on Sunday.

That is the main reason why I am hoping for a Donko win over the Faid this weekend.

Giving KC a late game on Sunday then a following Thursday road divisional game should never happen....especially against a previous 11-5 then a 12-4 team.

It was intentional...and horseshit.

gold_and_red
09-27-2017, 10:47 AM
Giving KC a late game on Sunday then a following Thursday game should never happen.

Right after crybaby JDR complained to the league office no doubt!

staylor26
09-27-2017, 10:49 AM
Giving KC a late game on Sunday then a following Thursday road divisional game should never happen.

It's inexcusable. That should never happen.

BoneKrusher
09-27-2017, 10:53 AM
The Foreskins sure looked like world beaters against Oakland..i still can't believe that game...

TomBarndtsTwin
09-27-2017, 10:54 AM
Giving KC a late game on Sunday then a following Thursday road divisional game should never happen....especially against a previous 11-5 then a 12-4 team.

I'm sure the league did it to appease Oakland, after doing the same thing to them last year. They played a late game against Buffalo and then had to come to KC for the Thursday game.

It benefited us last year, so I guess I can't complain about it screwing us this year.

But, you're right, it is bullshit and shouldn't happen . . . . to any team.

RunKC
09-27-2017, 10:54 AM

Andy knows this. That's why he's not running Kareem hunt ragged. That's why he's holding off on Ehinger and Ragland coming back too early. That's why he's not using Tanoh yet.

That 11 day stretch is going to be killer. I'm glad we have a plan to get guys fresh to attack that beast.

notorious
09-27-2017, 10:55 AM

That's how the Faid won last time. That and a lot of really bad calls, one at the end of the game in which the WR pushed off for the entire world to see yet DPI was called.

That game had corrupt written all over it.

Pitt Gorilla
09-27-2017, 11:08 AM
As I said at the time, Washington's defense is fast.

BlackOp
09-27-2017, 11:08 AM
I'm sure the league did it to appease Oakland, after doing the same thing to them last year. They played a late game against Buffalo and then had to come to KC for the Thursday game.

It benefited us last year, so I guess I can't complain about it screwing us this year.

But, you're right, it is bullshit and shouldn't happen . . . . to any team.

The difference is the quality of opponents...the Steelers game is going to an emotional one.

It's bogus no matter how the NFL frames it..I guess they thought it was Oakland's best chance at beating KC.

JakeF
09-27-2017, 11:10 AM
Our defensive goal is to hold teams to under 95 yrds per drive.

"Bend don't break, baby" ~Bob Sutton

BlackOp
09-27-2017, 11:10 AM
That's how the Faid won last time. That and a lot of really bad calls, one at the end of the game in which the WR pushed off for the entire world to see yet DPI was called.

That game had corrupt written all over it.

Yeah..that was corrupt as ****. Then they had 1/2 their team celebrating 30 yards behind the the LOS and the refs didn't call a penalty. They literally had to stop play...and they picked up the offsides flag because of a timeout. No excessive celebration to see here...jesus.

It would have given KC a first down...

That bogus DPI was on like a 3rd and 17 or something.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VISEvr3c0wg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RobBlake
09-27-2017, 11:12 AM
Because if you can consistently get pressure on Derek he turns into David. He and his team are overrated.

He turns into any qb that has constant pressure

Rausch
09-27-2017, 11:13 AM
Our defensive goal is to hold teams to under 95 yrds per drive.

"Bend don't break, baby" ~Bob Sutton

I'm not saying you should eat a dick but it's better than what I'm thinking one should do...

RunKC
09-27-2017, 11:51 AM
They copied Bob Sutton:

Gruden said Washington borrowed from the Sutton’s game plan while leaning on their own strengths against the Raiders. Manusky’s defensive held Carr to 19-of-31 passing for 118 yards and one touchdown with two interceptions.

“I think defensively we’re kind of working on our identity but I know the Chiefs had a lot of success against them,” Gruden said. I think they have five wins in a row against the Raiders, something like that.”

http://www.chiefsdigest.com/washington-borrows-chiefs-success-oakland/

staylor26
09-27-2017, 11:58 AM
He turns into any qb that has constant pressure

Not true. There are a number of good to great QB's that deal with consistent pressure better than Carr. He makes terrible decisions when you pressure him and just flat out doesn't deal with it well at all. It's not just about getting sacked and failing to put points on the board.

ThaVirus
09-27-2017, 12:13 PM
They copied Bob Sutton:

LOL Awesome.

BlackOp
09-27-2017, 12:15 PM
They copied Bob Sutton:

Yep...that was my thoughts as I was watching it live. You have to have the personnel to pull it off...disrupt the WR timing and make him hold the ball a second longer.

Bad news for Carr and the Raiders...the blueprint is out. It Carr plays less than great, they cant win. Their entire team hinges on one player...

Marcellus
09-27-2017, 12:19 PM
It is pretty dam hilarious anyone thinks Del Rio could coach any team to the SB.

T-post Tom
09-27-2017, 01:21 PM
Prior to the final drive of the game, the Redskins D (easily a top 10 unit in the NFL) held the Raiders to 95 TOTAL YARDS OF OFFENSE. WHAT.That is ridiculous. This is a team with an excellent OL, a Hall of Fame RB, a Pro Bowl caliber QB, and good weapons downfield, including one of the best receivers in the NFL. The Raiders have a really good offense. So how did Washington do it? Looking for explanations from those who watched the game.

An elaborate system of girdles and trusses.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NqEHtZHlsf0?rel=0&amp;showinfo=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ModSocks
09-27-2017, 01:41 PM
They copied Bob Sutton:

Love it. The Chiefs have become trend setters.

ModSocks
09-27-2017, 01:42 PM
YYou have to have the personnel to pull it off...

You know who else has the personnel to pull it off?

Denver.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-27-2017, 03:07 PM
Rooting for Denver as the Faid are easily more talented.

ptlyon
09-27-2017, 03:45 PM
You know who else has the personnel refs to pull it off?

Denver.

FYP

Pasta Little Brioni
09-27-2017, 03:49 PM
Seamen in that Pile high air against that shit D has to have Freighters frightened.

Bewbies
09-27-2017, 03:50 PM
They copied Bob Sutton:

This is what I thought when I watched. They did the same to Oakland that we do.

chiefzilla1501
09-27-2017, 03:56 PM
They copied Bob Sutton:

Yup. Why are people obsessed with pressure pressure pressure? Or why do we assume that when a qb gets rattled it's because he saw pressure? That's not what I saw. Derek carr has a very quick release and Washington took away all his quick passes. Same approach we used in New England and Philly. It's our signature dish. We aren't going to attack carr. We're going to set back, take away the short shit, and force him to beat our D backs.

I also heard the commentator say that cousins was audibling as if he knew exactly what the defense was calling.

notorious
09-27-2017, 04:35 PM

If Denver has a good day they have a chance to win. If the Chiefs have a good day they will obliterate them.

Just look at the last 4 games, and the Chiefs have gotten better while Denver is slowly deteriorating.

redskins1
09-27-2017, 05:50 PM
Yup. Why are people obsessed with pressure pressure pressure? Or why do we assume that when a qb gets rattled it's because he saw pressure? That's not what I saw. Derek carr has a very quick release and Washington took away all his quick passes. Same approach we used in New England and Philly. It's our signature dish. We aren't going to attack carr. We're going to set back, take away the short shit, and force him to beat our D backs.

I also heard the commentator say that cousins was audibling as if he knew exactly what the defense was calling.

Man are you serious? Pressure on the QB is what it's all about for a defense..my redskins collapsed the pocket just about every down thats why carr had a bad game...the redskins was in the backfield before carr could even set his feet...If my redskins can get after Alex Smith the same way it will be a redskins win in arrowhead....

mdchiefsfan
09-27-2017, 06:11 PM
They copied Bob Sutton:

That is awesome.

NJChiefsFan
09-27-2017, 06:11 PM
Some good points in this thread about Oakland. I do think, also already mentioned, that sometimes games just get away from you. That's part of this.

Do we really think Denver would beat Dallas like that every time? Sometimes games can snowball.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-27-2017, 06:13 PM

Fer wut!