PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Taco Bell naked egg taco would you or have you

srvy
09-30-2017, 04:42 PM
<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2NRyZjxF02E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Me I say no ate their breakfast when they first started it back in the day and sweared it off forever. How bout you ever or just no?

mlyonsd
09-30-2017, 04:43 PM
No.

Simply Red
09-30-2017, 04:43 PM
Oh yes I would!

kccrow
09-30-2017, 04:50 PM
No. just no.

scho63
09-30-2017, 05:46 PM
FUCK EGGS!

srvy
09-30-2017, 05:55 PM
FUCK EGGS!

Even at breakfast.

jjchieffan
09-30-2017, 06:00 PM
I like Taco Bell breakfast. I think that it's one of the better fast food breakfasts available. Way better than McDonald's. I had the naked egg dressed the other day. Dressed just means that it's in a pita flat bread. I thought that it was pretty good. I would get it again.

mlyonsd
09-30-2017, 06:03 PM
Even at breakfast.
Now that's crazy talk.

Bob Dole
09-30-2017, 06:05 PM
I like Taco Bell breakfast. I think that it's one of the better fast food breakfasts available. Way better than McDonald's. I had the naked egg dressed the other day. Dressed just means that it's in a pita flat bread. I thought that it was pretty good. I would get it again.

So you had a clothed egg.

Bob Dole
09-30-2017, 06:07 PM
On the breakfast note, I had a Moe's chorizo and egg bowl this morning and it was pretty good.

mlyonsd
09-30-2017, 06:11 PM
If it comes in pita bread what makes it naked?

BlackHelicopters
09-30-2017, 06:16 PM
Nah

srvy
09-30-2017, 06:21 PM
On the breakfast note, I had a Moe's chorizo and egg bowl this morning and it was pretty good.

Sounds good. My favorite breakfast is chorizo omelette at Corner Cafe Riverside Mo.

New World Order
09-30-2017, 06:22 PM
How dey do dat?

Bob Dole
09-30-2017, 06:32 PM
Sounds good. My favorite breakfast is chorizo omelette at Corner Cafe Riverside Mo.

I've got an authentic west Mexican restaurant here with a kick ass chorizo and egg burrito. It's about 25 minutes away now that I moved. :(

scho63
09-30-2017, 06:49 PM
Even at breakfast.

Even at Breakfast! Anytime. Mom tried to feed me scrambled eggs as a baby in the high chair and I still remember it to this day. Spit them out numerous times and even when she put ketchup on them I still spit them out.

Hate them to this day! Egg salad makes me physically ill and I need to leave the area if someone is eating it.....:Lin:

eDave
09-30-2017, 06:53 PM
I've got to be in a bad situation to eat Taco Bell. And this thing is way low on the list.

srvy
09-30-2017, 07:04 PM
Even at Breakfast! Anytime. Mom tried to feed me scrambled eggs as a baby in the high chair and I still remember it to this day. Spit them out numerous times and even when she put ketchup on them I still spit them out.

Hate them to this day! Egg salad makes me physically ill and I need to leave the area if someone is eating it.....:Lin:

I would spit out eggs with ketchup also. My Sis did that and I tease her to this day about it.

I get up so early I dont have time to make breakfast but its my favorite meal so I make it dinner often.
Its gotta be egg something sweet stuff just doesnt do it for me such as waffles or pancakes.

Simply Red
09-30-2017, 07:09 PM
I love ketchup on scrambled eggs.

srvy
09-30-2017, 07:09 PM
I've got an authentic west Mexican restaurant here with a kick ass chorizo and egg burrito. It's about 25 minutes away now that I moved. :(

Oh man that brings back memories at our old office on Main street by Trinity Lutheran was a mexi joint just north Westport rd. They had the best chorizo egg burrito and was huge. We always slipped by there to get that beast.

srvy
09-30-2017, 07:12 PM

So does my Sis I dont know what it is probably sweetness because I have not problem with hot sauce.

Simply Red
09-30-2017, 07:15 PM
I went to Taco Bell in your honor - Burrito Supreme+one pack of mild sauce - Cup of Water

Simply Red
09-30-2017, 07:16 PM
Not bad but not nearly as good as they were in the late 80's when they included scallions and black olives. Plus the meat was better.

srvy
09-30-2017, 07:18 PM
Not bad but not nearly as good as they were in the late 80's when they included scallions and black olives. Plus the meat was better.

Yeah they have kinda lost their way and didnt it coincide when one of the soft drink companies bought them.

Simply Red
09-30-2017, 07:20 PM
Yeah they have kinda lost their way and didnt it coincide when one of the soft drink companies bought them.

Yum Brands? I'm not sure they haven't always owned them.

Dayze
09-30-2017, 07:24 PM
Fried egg sammiches.
Mmmmm. Maybe a few slices of fresh jalapeņo.

Haven't tried any of Taco Bell's breakfast stuff, however.

TLO
09-30-2017, 07:27 PM
I love eggs, but that menu item doesn't particularly appeal to me.

Probably because it's from Taco Bell, honestly.

Simply Red
09-30-2017, 07:31 PM
I love eggs, but that menu item doesn't particularly appeal to me.

Probably because it's from Taco Bell, honestly.

I like that you're honest.

srvy
09-30-2017, 07:33 PM

Maybe I am thinking pepsi guess thats another fast food. I do see Yum foods is located in Yum, China a bastion of fine Mexican cuisine.

listopencil
09-30-2017, 07:36 PM
Yeah they have kinda lost their way and didn't it coincide when one of the soft drink companies bought them.

Other way around. Taco Bell soared and peaked after Pepsi bought it. Then Taco Bell went to premade ingredients to eliminate labor costs in the early 90's. They kept going in that direction and the food got shittier and shittier. Eventually Pepsi sold their fast foods (Taco Bell, KFC, Pizza Hut) to Yum. But, anyway, their food is shit now. The eggs are garbage.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-30-2017, 07:40 PM
A thin slice of Jersey Pork Roll with fried egg between two slices of toast is fuckin yummy

Easy 6
09-30-2017, 07:43 PM
Suge Knight must've been paroled

Honestly have never tried Taco Smell for breakfast, but sure, I'd try that mess

Only once though... that phony looking egg with the neatly placed yolk just kills it

listopencil
09-30-2017, 07:56 PM
Suge Knight must've been paroled

Honestly have never tried Taco Smell for breakfast, but sure, I'd try that mess

Only once though... that phony looking egg with the neatly placed yolk just kills it

I tried one of their breakfast items last year when I was in a rush running errands. I took a bite of something (probably some kind of burrito) with "egg" and "cheese" in it as I was leaving the drive thru. I spit it out when I got to the Post Office five minutes later as no amount of chewing could get the "egg" to a consistency that was fit for consumption.

kjwood75nro
09-30-2017, 07:57 PM
Stick to the breakfast burritos.

Fingers crossed they bring back the biscuit taco.

Simply Red
09-30-2017, 07:58 PM
I've never tried Taco Bell breakfast either!

Easy 6
09-30-2017, 08:01 PM
I tried one of their breakfast items last year when I was in a rush running errands. I took a bite of something (probably some kind of burrito) with "egg" and "cheese" in it as I was leaving the drive thru. I spit it out when I got to the Post Office five minutes later as no amount of chewing could get the "egg" to a consistency that was fit for consumption.

I totally believe you, they should really just stay in their lane

Remember Wendys trying breakfast for a short time? I tried it once... same deal

scho63
09-30-2017, 08:39 PM
A thin slice of Jersey Pork Roll with fried egg between two slices of toast is fuckin yummy

How do you know about Taylor Ham aka pork roll?

I grew up on that shit! Taylor Ham and Cheese on a kaiser roll with homesfries and a chocolate milk. I still eat that every time I am back in NJ at my best friends Cafe!! :drool:

I'll be having at least one when I'm back in Dec

Simply Red
09-30-2017, 08:48 PM

I grew up on that shit! Taylor Ham and Cheese on a kaiser roll with homesfries and a chocolate milk. I still eat that every time I am back in NJ at my best friends Cafe!! :drool:

I never knew you lived in NJ - My mother lived in Ramsey and Mahwah for a few yrs in the early nineties - I really enjoyed visiting.

scho63
09-30-2017, 09:10 PM
I never knew you lived in NJ - My mother lived in Ramsey and Mahwah for a few yrs in the early nineties - I really enjoyed visiting.

I was born in Newark and lived in Toms River at the shore from 1970 until 1996 and was back in the area from early 2002 until late 2006.

NJ has a lot to offer and it's called the Garden State for a reason. Great tomatoes, corn, cranberries, apples, blueberries, peaches.

Those two towns are way up near NY state border

ChiliConCarnage
09-30-2017, 10:43 PM
Maybe I am thinking pepsi guess thats another fast food. I do see Yum foods is located in Yum, China a bastion of fine Mexican cuisine.

Yum is based out of Louisville I believe. YUMC is a Chinese spin off

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-01-2017, 07:47 AM

Somebody on here brought it to my attention in a tailgate recipe thread. Can't remember who. You don't have to wait to get to Jersey to have some. Order it here: www.jerseyporkroll.com

jspchief
10-01-2017, 09:52 AM
It's a low carb breakfast option, which is hard to come by in the fast food world. That said, that egg looks sketchy as hell.

Baby Lee
10-01-2017, 10:06 AM

Love Tabasco or [real] Sriracha. Can't STAND ketchup.

scho63
10-01-2017, 10:22 AM
Somebody on here brought it to my attention in a tailgate recipe thread. Can't remember who. You don't have to wait to get to Jersey to have some. Order it here: www.jerseyporkroll.com

Maybe it was me who mentioned it.

I bought it all the time at Safeway in northern VA.

Need to see if the Safeway here in Scottsdale carries it but I doubt it.

Randallflagg
10-01-2017, 10:22 AM
I, like you, tried their breakfast when they first began (if I recall, they were giving some kind of "sandwich" away). Took one bite and chucked it out the window for the birds.

Never again....

Bwana
10-01-2017, 10:58 AM
No X 2

Rausch
10-01-2017, 11:01 AM
Just found out Taco Bell uses " cook/chill" just like the prison I work at.

Yeah.

Out...

TLO
10-01-2017, 11:10 AM

Yeah.

Out...

Can you please elaborate on what "cook/chill" is?

Rausch
10-01-2017, 11:20 AM
Can you please elaborate on what "cook/chill" is?

www.google.com

TLO
10-01-2017, 11:28 AM
google

So you make the effort to bring it up, mention that you will say "Yeah... Out" to Taco Bell because of it, but then won't even explain what it is?

Got it. Thanks

Rausch
10-01-2017, 11:47 AM
So you make the effort to bring it up, mention that you will say "Yeah... Out" to Taco Bell because of it, but then won't even explain what it is?

Got it. Thanks

Cooked in remote location, then packaged and all air sucked out, shipped, and then reheated at another location...and usually there is a failure at one or more points in the system...

TLO
10-01-2017, 11:50 AM
Cooked in remote location, then packaged and all air sucked out, shipped, and then reheated at another location...and usually there is a failure at one or more points in the system...

Thanks for the explanation. Sounds pretty sketchy

Rausch
10-01-2017, 11:55 AM
Thanks for the explanation. Sounds pretty sketchy

We had inmates ready to riot when the bags were split and there were maggots inside (IM workers spread word FAST.)

Yes, true story.

mdchiefsfan
10-01-2017, 12:07 PM
Maybe it was me who mentioned it.

I bought it all the time at Safeway in northern VA.

Need to see if the Safeway here in Scottsdale carries it but I doubt it.

There was a thread about pork roll not too long ago, if I recall. I remember because it made me go out to the store to grab some. It's easy to find in MD.

Weren't you just living in NorVA not too long ago?

listopencil
10-01-2017, 12:12 PM

Yeah.

Out...

They've been doing it that way for over 20 years.

Bob Dole
10-01-2017, 12:16 PM
www.google.com

All I get is chili recipes

scho63
10-01-2017, 07:29 PM
There was a thread about pork roll not too long ago, if I recall. I remember because it made me go out to the store to grab some. It's easy to find in MD.

Weren't you just living in NorVA not too long ago?

Yes, for 10 years from June 2007 until March 2017

Simply Red
10-01-2017, 07:40 PM
Love Tabasco or [real] Sriracha. Can't STAND ketchup.

Ok chill