PDA

View Full Version : Football Sooo... who's good this year?

ThaVirus
10-01-2017, 06:38 PM
Lots of upsets thus far in this young season.

Some teams we thought would be good are sitting at 2-2 right now (NE, OAK, DAL) and teams in a rebuild or seemingly in disarray are doing pretty well (LAR, PHI, BUF).

So who is actually good this year??

Reerun_KC
10-01-2017, 06:40 PM
Better question for week 12. All this early season chatter really never pans out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coochie liquor
10-01-2017, 06:43 PM
Right now Chiefs are good, everyone else is meh.

Come playoffs Chiefs will be meh, everyone else will be good.

KCrockaholic
10-01-2017, 06:44 PM
The Chiefs are good. The Rams are good. Dallas will get better. The Packers are pretty good. Denver is decent due to their defense.

JoeyChuckles
10-01-2017, 06:47 PM
Better question for week 12. All this early season chatter really never pans out.

This is the correct answer.

But if I were guessing top 3 now, I'd say

Atlanta, Green Bay, Philly
New England, KC, Pittsburgh, undecided on Denver.

Deberg_1990
10-01-2017, 06:51 PM
Houston is very dangerous. Even if Watson just had plays competent football they will be in it

Reerun_KC
10-01-2017, 06:54 PM
Watson is extremely impressive.

milkman
Kareem Hunt

penbrook
This is the correct answer.

But if I were guessing top 3 now, I'd say

Atlanta, Green Bay, Philly
New England, KC, Pittsburgh, undecided on Denver.

The Pats?? They’re 2-2 and should be 1-3.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
10-01-2017, 06:56 PM
I thought the Vikings with Bradford and Dalvin Cook were a very dangerous team

Don't sleep on the Broncos. The more experience Siemian gets, the better they'll get.

milkman
10-01-2017, 06:57 PM

I haven't watched his first two games, but this game today his passes looked slightly off the mark.

His deep balls were just horrid.

If I'm a DC, I force him to beat me outside the hash marks.

jjchieffan
10-01-2017, 06:58 PM
Well, it looks like the Cowboys, Patriots, Raiders, and Titans are not as good as expected. The Chiefs, Texans and Bills are better than expected. I know that there are others. That's off the top of my head.

JoeyChuckles
10-01-2017, 07:02 PM
The Pats?? They’re 2-2 and should be 1-3.

As I said in the other thread, there are no "shoulds". If they should have lost they would have lost.

And they've been doing this virtually every year for 15 years. Why bet against them figuring it out again in time for the postseason, just like every other season?

JoeyChuckles
10-01-2017, 07:03 PM

I have a feeling he'll have a steep decline once teams get enough tape on him. Just like every other rookie QB ever.

jjchieffan
10-01-2017, 07:14 PM
The Giants are a huge surprise at 0-4. Also, the Chargers being 0-4 is a bit of a surprise. They weren't expected to be a Superbowl team, but I don't think anyone expected them to be this bad. The Rams are a surprise. Goff getting his first starts you would expect them to lose more than just one of their first 4.

Coochie liquor
10-01-2017, 07:15 PM
I'm kinda excited to play Hou and see how we make Watson look pedestrian!

penbrook
10-01-2017, 07:22 PM
I'm kinda excited to play Hou and see how we make Watson look pedestrian!

We are going to have to use a QB spy and DJ I do not want spying him. We need someone fast

jjchieffan
10-01-2017, 07:39 PM
NFC East

Eagles good probably division winner
Redskins good wild card maybe in the hunt for the division
Cowboys not as good as expected. Will be fighting for a wild card spot
Giants horrible

NFC West

Not as good as last year but will still probably win the division
Rams better than expected will be in the hunt for a wild card. Maybe in play for the division
Cardinals Not horrible, but not a playoff team
49ers still bad

NFC North
Packers starting off slow, but will probably win the division
Detroit surprisingly better this year. Will fight for a wild card, division is theirs if the Packers don't turn it around.
Minnesota looked good but injuries to Bradford and Cook are probably too much to overcome to contend this year
Bears they should have never hired John Fox.

NFC South

Falcons one of the best teams in the league
Buccs probably around 8-8 team
Panthers probably an 8-8 team
Saints Still not much defense but Brees will win them a few.

AFC West

Chiefs one of the best teams in the league
Raiders will be anywhere from 6-10 to 10-6
Donks will get 6-8 wins
Chargers are 0-4 and won't win very many

AFC East

Patriots have started slow, but will probably still win the division
Bills if any team can take the East from the Pats yet, it's the Bills
Miami 8-8 team
Jets have won a couple early, but aren't that good.

AFC North

Steelers are the team to beat in the North
Ravens aren't a playoff team the way Flacco is playing
Bengals will finally be rid of Lewis after this season
Browns are the Browns. Bad

NFC South

Texans are for real. They should win the division
Jags probably not a playoff team. Bottles sucks
Colts aren't much without Andrew Luck
Titans are one of the disappointing teams this year

Ming the Merciless
10-01-2017, 07:59 PM
AFC w - I still think it's going to be a 3 way battle with 2 playoff teams emerging, an off chance of 3

AFC n - Pitt , ravens

AFC e pats, bills

AFCs - texans...

Nfc e - Philly, cowboys wildcard

Nfc w - rams, sea

Nfc n - pack, lions improving

Nfc s - falcons bucs

Quesadilla Joe
10-01-2017, 08:04 PM
I think KC has peaked and Denver is just getting started. NE typically gets better as the year goes on, but they just aren't very talented on defense. I think the Steelers and the Broncos are going to be the two teams in the AFC that nobody wants to play in January.

Dinny Bossa Nova
10-01-2017, 08:06 PM
I like the Chiefs.

The Chiefs are good.

Dinny

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-01-2017, 08:11 PM
The Chiefs look like the best team in the NFL at this point. Pretty much every other team looks mediocre to bad.

Molitoth
10-01-2017, 08:17 PM
Just when the chiefs look like a good team, they go out and lay a turd in primetime.

Please don't chief us chiefs...

Because, chiefs.

penbrook
10-01-2017, 08:20 PM
Just when the chiefs look like a good team, they go out and lay a turd in primetime.

Please don't chief us chiefs...

Because, chiefs.

Than they put up 45 points vs the Pats in prime time

Pasta Little Brioni
10-01-2017, 08:37 PM
I think KC has peaked and Denver is just getting started. NE typically gets better as the year goes on, but they just aren't very talented on defense. I think the Steelers and the Broncos are going to be the two teams in the AFC that nobody wants to play in January.

Lying piece of shit. Denver only looks decent due to the early cheap air advantage. KC is the only elite team in the division. You let Manuel shred you late...pathetic.

jjchieffan
10-01-2017, 08:44 PM

You are nuts. KC is getting better. Peaked this early?? The Donks will be facing the TV in January.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-01-2017, 08:46 PM
If Denver is "good", by comparison the Chiefs are the 94 Niners

RealSNR
10-01-2017, 08:54 PM
The Browns. The Browns are good.

thegame214
10-01-2017, 09:03 PM
I like that Lions team in the NFC, very explosive group, would be a fun game to see against KC

beach tribe
10-01-2017, 09:56 PM
Everyone's responses are almost mirror images of the standings.

That's hilarious to me.

I know two things:

Good:

Pat's (Really, People? Y'all funny)
Chiefs (Best Roster in the NFL, IMO.)
Steelers
Maybe the Texans

Suck:

Bengals
Browns
Colts

Everything else is total guess work.
Hell, those are basically guesses.

Reerun_KC
10-01-2017, 09:58 PM
I remember last year when the Vikings were 5-0 and everyone pretty much stating they were super bowl bound.

So then the season happened.

beach tribe
10-01-2017, 10:00 PM
Lying piece of shit. Denver only looks decent due to the early cheap air advantage. KC is the only elite team in the division. You let Manuel shred you late...pathetic.

Don't let knowmo push your buttons.

He has been Full Retard for a long time now.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-01-2017, 10:00 PM
Proof of those Viking claims...

beach tribe
10-01-2017, 10:01 PM
You are nuts. KC is getting better. Peaked this early?? The Donks will be facing the TV in January.

See above....

Pasta Little Brioni

He hid for a week after the loss. We are just playing whack a troll now..

Hoover
In the AFC its KC and Pittsburg. Both have won two road games. Denver is 3-0 at home. If they win some road games then yeah, they are legit.

So I still think that Pats win the AFC East, Steelers in the North. The south is a mess.

gold_and_red
10-01-2017, 10:20 PM
Denver and Houston are dark horses imho.

mnchiefsguy
10-01-2017, 10:25 PM

Yeah, he really should be either banned or romper roomed at this point...or contained to only his stupid fucking donkeys thread.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-01-2017, 10:26 PM
Denver and Houston are dark horses imho.

ROFL

okcchief
10-01-2017, 11:11 PM
There has been parody for sometime, but this year it’s in abundance. There are some dog shit teams that have no chance, but everyone has holes. I don’t believe there are any elite teams so we might have a shot :)

Buehler445
10-01-2017, 11:27 PM
Looks to me like nobody.

This Chiefs look like they have before. Yeah there are some explosive plays but there have been before too. And a disciplined defense probably takes those away. And we have to sustain drives. Which hasn't been the greatest so far.

Maybe OL play is a little better maybe DL play is a little better. Whatever. We still look a lot like we have before. Problem is no one looks better.

So my answer is no one.

Cornstock
10-01-2017, 11:45 PM
There has been parody for sometime, but this year it’s in abundance. There are some dog shit teams that have no chance, but everyone has holes. I don’t believe there are any elite teams so we might have a shot :)

I'm not one to be a grammar Nazi, but it's parity. Parody is when you are mocking by imitation.

I was thinking the same thing, the last 2 weeks are showing that anyone can beat anyone. Even a bad team can draw up a 1 week game plan to exploit holes if their personel package allows it.

MMXcalibur
10-02-2017, 12:11 AM
Right now Chiefs are good, everyone else is meh.

Come playoffs Chiefs will be meh, everyone else will be good.

This is spot on.

jjchieffan
10-02-2017, 05:43 AM

Parity, not parody
Parity- the state or condition of being equal, especially regarding status or pay.
"parity of incomes between rural workers and those in industrial occupations"

Parody- an imitation of the style of a particular writer, artist, or genre with deliberate exaggeration for comic effect

TomBarndtsTwin
10-02-2017, 06:45 AM

Of course you do. You have zero ability to think outside of your homerific box.

Guess we'll find out in a few weeks when Denver comes to KC.

RealSNR
10-02-2017, 07:00 AM

Absolutely. Weird Al's been around since the early 80s.

RealSNR
10-02-2017, 07:01 AM

Remember when you told us all, "I keep my Donk homer shit contained to one thread"

Yeah, bullshit.

Quesadilla Joe
10-02-2017, 07:06 AM
Of course you do. You have zero ability to think outside of your homerific box.

Guess we'll find out in a few weeks when Denver comes to KC.

I could be wrong about Denver, but typically defense has staying power, and Denver is going to be bringing Shane Ray off of PUP in a few weeks...

I just don't see KC maintaining a 7 yards per carry average throughout the season. Alex Smith isn't going to all of a sudden throw for 4,000 yards and 35+ TD passes. Kudos to Andy for catching teams off-guard, but his bag of tricks isn't bottomless.

RunKC
10-02-2017, 07:17 AM
Falcons, Lions, Chiefs and Steelers look like the most balanced teams by far.

jjchieffan
10-02-2017, 07:34 AM
I could be wrong about Denver, but typically defense has staying power, and Denver is going to be bringing Shane Ray off of PUP in a few weeks...

I just don't see KC maintaining a 7 yards per carry average throughout the season. Alex Smith isn't going to all of a sudden throw for 4,000 yards and 35+ TD passes. Kudos to Andy for catching teams off-guard, but his bag of tricks isn't bottomless.

You are wrong about Dungver. The defense didn't have staying power last season because they got worn out from being on the field too much. That happens when your offense sucks. That is what;s going to happen this year. But the pass offense is not as good this year to start with. Did you see that long TD pass that the let it fly zone gave up? Or how about the fact that they gave up over 100 yards to Manuel in just over a quarter? He started out 8 of 8 against that defense. As for Andy, he has plenty of tricks in his bag. But so far, nobody has figured out how to stop the new wrinkles he has added, so why unveil any others? And Alex Smith didn't need 4000 yards and 35 TD passes to sweep the entire AFC West and win the division last season now did he? Face it KnowShit, the Chiefs are the better team. The Donks aren't even a close 2nd. I still expect them to finish 3rd. We already saw what happens when they get away from the cheap pile high air.

DaNewGuy
10-02-2017, 07:38 AM
I'm not really scared of Denvers defense, EJ looked somewhat competent against the "no fly zone" for a lil

RunKC
10-02-2017, 07:44 AM

The Chiefs and Broncos are very similar teams, but the Chiefs look like the better version.

Denver gives up 18.5 PPG. KC gives up 19. Both top 10. Both have what looks like elite rushing attacks on offense.

The difference is Alex Smith isn't turning over the ball and he's making just enough plays in every game where Trevor isn't. Chiefs also have a better overall coaching staff, which isn't really debatable.

Chiefs will also get Reggie Ragland, Parker Ehinger, Steven Nelson and Tamba Hali as fresh legs soon.

Quesadilla Joe
10-02-2017, 07:48 AM
KC's defense is below average between the 20's IMO. They're just exceptional in the redzone.

Quesadilla Joe
10-02-2017, 07:59 AM
You are wrong about Dungver. The defense didn't have staying power last season because they got worn out from being on the field too much.
The defense didn't have staying power last year because they couldn't stop the run. Peko, Gotsis, Kerr, and Rubin have changed that.

Did you see that long TD pass that the let it fly zone gave up? Yeah, and it was the only thing the Raiders did against us.

Or how about the fact that they gave up over 100 yards to Manuel in just over a quarter? He started out 8 of 8 against that defense.
Denver obviously played soft once Manuel came into the game. At the end of the day, Manuel led a FG drive and had a pick. Big whoop.

RunKC
10-02-2017, 08:08 AM
Chiefs defense doesn't care about yards. They are one of the best in the league at not giving up points. Points win games, not yards.

thabear04
10-02-2017, 08:15 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Somebody needs a nap. <a href="https://t.co/4tuBkR1782">pic.twitter.com/4tuBkR1782</a></p>&mdash; Dan Levy (@DanLevyThinks) <a href="https://twitter.com/DanLevyThinks/status/914612284546322434?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 1, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

DaNewGuy
10-02-2017, 08:17 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Somebody needs a nap. <a href="https://t.co/4tuBkR1782">pic.twitter.com/4tuBkR1782</a></p>&mdash; Dan Levy (@DanLevyThinks) <a href="https://twitter.com/DanLevyThinks/status/914612284546322434?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 1, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I love me some angry phyllis

jjchieffan
10-02-2017, 08:32 AM
The defense didn't have staying power last year because they couldn't stop the run. Peko, Gotsis, Kerr, and Rubin have changed that.

Yeah, and it was the only thing the Raiders did against us.

Denver obviously played soft once Manuel came into the game. At the end of the day, Manuel led a FG drive and had a pick. Big whoop.

Sounds like a lot of excuse making to me. If Carr was leading that last drive instead of Manuel, the Donks lose. But, now the Donks are 3-1. Next week is their bye, then the 0-4 Giants at home. That will make them 4-1. I'm hoping that the Chargers can beat them in the soccer stadium, but probably not, so that puts them at 5-1. Then comes the death spiral. At the Chiefs, at the Eagles and the Patriots in Pile high will be an 0-3 stretch before getting the Bungles for a bounce back win. Then another loss at Chokeland. By then, the defense will be gassed and they will start dropping games to teams like the Dolphins. The Jets game could be the last win of the season for the Donks.

Quesadilla Joe
10-02-2017, 08:33 AM
Chiefs defense doesn't care about yards. They are one of the best in the league at not giving up points. Points win games, not yards.

Points allowed are all that matters at the end of the day, but giving a team a ton of redzone opportunities isn't a good thing.

jjchieffan
10-02-2017, 08:35 AM
Points allowed are all that matters at the end of the day, but giving a team a ton of redzone opportunities isn't a good thing.

A team giving up a bunch of long touchdowns isn't a good thing either. Yet we see the Let It Fly Zone giving them up nearly every week.

Quesadilla Joe
10-02-2017, 08:45 AM
A team giving up a bunch of long touchdowns isn't a good thing either. Yet we see the Let It Fly Zone giving them up nearly every week.

It's going to happen every now and then when you play as aggressively as Denver does. I can live with one big play given up if it leads to the other team going 2/12 on third down with 8 three-and-outs, like Oakland did yesterday.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-02-2017, 08:51 AM
You are a shit team outside of that thin air, knowmo. Where were all these posts last week? pussy coward.

jjchieffan
10-02-2017, 10:03 AM
It's going to happen every now and then when you play as aggressively as Denver does. I can live with one big play given up if it leads to the other team going 2/12 on third down with 8 three-and-outs, like Oakland did yesterday.

Do you realize that 2 3rd down conversions is 2 more than the Redskins allowed against that same team just last week? The Faiders are not as good as the hype. Just wait until they face good teams like the Chiefs, Patriots, and Eagles. We'll see how you are okay with giving up big plays then.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-02-2017, 10:05 AM
Simmons fucking blows. Hence all the big plays. Amazing how someone can overlook all his blown coverages. Dumb player.