PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs Podcasts

DaFace
10-02-2017, 01:28 PM
Seems like there's been an explosion of Chiefs podcasts this season. I've checked out:

AHPKC (Amateur Hour)
SportsBeat KC (KC Star)
Chief in the North (Seth Keyser from Arrowhead Pride)
Arrowhead Pride (official podcast)
Locked On Chiefs
Arrowheads Abroad

Any I'm missing? Any impressions on which ones are good enough to listen to?

O.city
10-02-2017, 01:31 PM
It's not all about chiefs but John Middlekauf does one about the raiders and the NFL etc. he was a scout for andy in philly so always a lot of good insight

DaFace
10-02-2017, 01:32 PM
My ranking from favorite to least-favorite:

AHPKC - Probably the most CP-friendly podcast. Just a couple of dudes talking Chiefs with very little pretense.
SportsBeat KC - I love Terez and like his takes. Sometimes the other guys' takes are a little off to me, but overall the discussion is good, and you learn some behind-the-scenes stuff from these guys since they're constantly around the players.
Arrowhead Pride - Comes off a little homerish at times, but overall good discussion.
Chief in the North - A little dry, and I like his gifs better than him just talking for an hour. Not bad, but not my favorite.
Locked On Chiefs - I like these guys because of their consistency (pretty much a new podcast every day), but I'd rank them pretty low in terms of insights. They do get a lot of decent guests on.

I'm reserving judgment on Arrowheads Abroad. I want to like it, but I just have trouble taking the Brits' analysis seriously. :)

Direckshun
10-02-2017, 02:29 PM
1. SportsBeat KC
2. Chief in the North
3. Locked On Chiefs
4. Sweeney' podcast -- I think it's just called the Arrowhead Pride podcast
5. Amateur Hour

I'll detail more later when I'm not on my phone.

DaneMcCloud
10-02-2017, 02:31 PM
SportsBeat KC is phenomenal.

Paylor's level of detail is unparalleled.

DaFace
10-02-2017, 02:34 PM
SportsBeat KC is phenomenal.

Paylor's level of detail is unparalleled.

Yeah, even going beyond the podcasts, Paylor is definitely my favorite beat writer the Chiefs have ever had. The dude LOVES football and knows his shit.

Demonpenz
10-02-2017, 04:33 PM
How much can you beat one game a week to death with. Seems a bit overkill.

DaFace
10-02-2017, 04:34 PM
How much can you beat one game a week to death with. Seems a bit overkill.

Yeah, you definitely can't keep up with them all. I tend to float around and catch one from each of them every week or two.