PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Interesting comments from David Carr on NFL Network

T-post Tom
10-02-2017, 06:13 PM
Arrowhead is the only Stadium where he had to yell in the huddle so the players could hear him. He could not even hear himself. He also said that when the play was called into his headphone from the sidelines, all he could hear was the crowd noise. :arrow::toast: Hoping for more of the same tonight.

RaidersOftheCellar
10-02-2017, 06:44 PM
I was at the Raiders primetime game last year and the atmosphere was disappointing. I was also at the Tampa Bay game, and there WAS no atmosphere that day.

It's not the same anymore.

BWillie
10-02-2017, 06:49 PM
David Carr is a very good looking man. I bet he cleans up the poon.

WhiteWhale
10-02-2017, 06:57 PM

ROFL Very dapper.

RobBlake
10-02-2017, 06:57 PM

He's a family man but he did in college for sure

hometeam
10-02-2017, 07:08 PM
The crowd noise at arrowhead has been dead AF these last couple years. Instead, its been a bunch of millennials on there ****ing phones.

Stanley Nickels
10-02-2017, 07:48 PM
The crowd noise at arrowhead has been dead AF these last couple years. Instead, its been a bunch of millennials on there ****ing phones.

Antifa, all of 'em

KChiefs1
10-02-2017, 08:03 PM
The Carr's are first class. Too bad Derek plays for the Faid.

Holladay
10-03-2017, 12:31 AM

I heard that as well from a season ticket holder from the 90's. It is a different crowd now days vs the "good ole days".

Though tonight, from the broadcast, seemed quite loud ?

Dunno

DJ's left nut
10-03-2017, 12:54 AM
I heard that as well from a season ticket holder from the 90's. It is a different crowd now days vs the "good ole days".

Though tonight, from the broadcast, seemed quite loud ?

Dunno

Definitely a good crowd tonight.

10-03-2017, 12:56 AM
Surprised he would say that considering the crowd these days does not get loud until they are walking up to the line.

Gravedigger
10-03-2017, 04:57 AM
Arrowhead is loud... those are interesting comments.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
10-03-2017, 05:31 AM
If I remember correctly during the Anthem where we proclaim the home of the..."CHIEFS"....that startled Cousins

2bikemike
10-03-2017, 07:17 AM
If I remember correctly during the Anthem where we proclaim the home of the..."CHIEFS"....that startled Cousins

It didn't look like it startled him it looked more like it amused him. He got this little half ass grin.

ThaVirus
10-03-2017, 07:40 AM

Funny you say that. Me and my girlfriend were watching the DAL/DEN game last week and during the sever weather delay they kept sending the broadcast to the studio innLA with Carr and some other dude. My gf said something to the effect that she didn't mind the delay because he's so good looking.

Fuck that guy..

WilliamTheIrish
10-03-2017, 07:42 AM

Yea, not the 40 and 50 year old males checking their fantasy team stats.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-03-2017, 07:50 AM
I was at Lambeau this year and it was quiet as fuck compared to even the worst Arrowhead crowd. They didn't even try to ramp up till 3rd down. Every NFL stadium I have been to has been the same way.

TimBone
10-03-2017, 08:07 AM
Funny you say that. Me and my girlfriend were watching the DAL/DEN game last week and during the sever weather delay they kept sending the broadcast to the studio innLA with Carr and some other dude. My gf said something to the effect that she didn't mind the delay because he's so good looking.

Fuck that guy..

Apparently she would..

DJ's left nut
10-04-2017, 10:34 AM
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2017/10/4/16418542/chiefs-road-trip-report-arrowhead-magic

Glad to see I wasn't alone. Arrowhead was in pretty damn good form on Monday and I noticed it early.

It wasn't that 'ears ringing for 2 days afterward' loud that I've had just in the last 4-5 years at Raiders/Broncos games or even the beginning of the Steelers game, but it was definitely loud enough that you had to yell for the person next to you to hear you and your ears hurt in real-time.

The crowd at Arrowhead remains second to none.

The Franchise
10-04-2017, 10:38 AM
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2017/10/4/16418542/chiefs-road-trip-report-arrowhead-magic

Glad to see I wasn't alone. Arrowhead was in pretty damn good form on Monday and I noticed it early.

It wasn't that 'ears ringing for 2 days afterward' loud that I've had just in the last 4-5 years at Raiders/Broncos games or even the beginning of the Steelers game, but it was definitely loud enough that you had to yell for the person next to you to hear you and your ears hurt in real-time.

The crowd at Arrowhead remains second to none.

High-Fiving Everyone Leaving Arrowhead: A+

There’s really nothing like the vibe you feel leaving Arrowhead after a win, especially a close one that involved late-game heroics. Pretty much every face you looked at (besides the occasional Redskins fan) had a grin that stretched as wide as possible.

He's right on the money here. I've only been to one game at Arrowhead and it was the rainy 2010 hope opener against the Chargers. The crowd and the atmosphere leaving the stadium was fucking amazing.

DJ's left nut
10-04-2017, 10:45 AM
He's right on the money here. I've only been to one game at Arrowhead and it was the rainy 2010 hope opener against the Chargers. The crowd and the atmosphere leaving the stadium was fucking amazing.

That game was incredible. I mean, we didn't realize it was the beginning of a death march, but the new stadium renovations had just been finished, they had the MASSIVE pre-game show, the rain was a warm rain that just seemed to get everyone more fired up somehow.

And when it was over my buddy was crying (something to do with his grandma dying...I don't really remember, I was hammered) and the rest of the stadium was just delirious. We had a suite for the Royals game that morning (free booze!!!), went out and spent a couple hours with a basic burger/brats on smokey joes tailgate and shotgunned beers before that friggen bit of pandemonium.

I'm not sure I've had a stadium experience top that one; just a fantastic night. And yeah, walking out to everyone doing the chop and high-fiving each other is always pretty great but never more so than a night game.

hometeam
10-04-2017, 12:28 PM
He's right on the money here. I've only been to one game at Arrowhead and it was the rainy 2010 hope opener against the Chargers. The crowd and the atmosphere leaving the stadium was ****ing amazing.

One of my most memorable games, and right up there with the best crowd noise games I have been too. Put it up with both of our record breaking attempts, and the following years MNF charger game as what Arrowhead CAN do.

bowener
10-04-2017, 03:52 PM

I went to 3 games last year and the 3 the year before, and that is the opposite of each time I visited. You can see on TV that your statement isn't close to true. Ticket prices have priced out the real diehard screaming fans and replaced them with the yuppy parents of millennials.

Unrelated, I cringe a lot when they show the KC crowd during the night games too. Our female fans are... less than appealing in the looks department. Not that the giant bellied men with goatees are any better I suppose.

rtmike
10-04-2017, 04:03 PM
I went to 3 games last year and the 3 the year before, and that is the opposite of each time I visited. You can see on TV that your statement isn't close to true. Ticket prices have priced out the real diehard screaming fans and replaced them with the yuppy parents of millennials.

Unrelated, I cringe a lot when they show the KC crowd during the night games too. Our female fans are... less than appealing in the looks department. Not that the giant bellied, BALD men with goatees are any better I suppose.

fyp

BigRedChief
10-04-2017, 04:07 PM
David Carr is a very good looking man. I bet he cleans up the poon.which is why he is on TV. Certainly not for his HOF career.:)

Rain Man
10-04-2017, 04:11 PM
How much money did David Carr make during his career? Is he just rich and handsome, or is he filthy rich and handsome?

I can only imagine the benefits that arise from those two descriptors.

PAChiefsGuy
10-04-2017, 04:13 PM
How much money did David Carr make during his career? Is he just rich and handsome, or is he filthy rich and handsome?

I can only imagine the benefits that arise from those two descriptors.

He's a hardcore Christian he's not going to go out banging random hot chicks.

Rain Man
10-04-2017, 04:39 PM
He's a hardcore Christian he's not going to go out banging random hot chicks.

This is like those people who own Lamborghinis and never drive them.