PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Pass protection

Oh Snap
10-02-2017, 07:14 PM
Good lord is it awful at times. It was really good against the patriots. Its been a bit hit and miss since.

Eleazar
10-02-2017, 07:15 PM
Pats defense is a mess though

Oh Snap
10-02-2017, 07:18 PM
I agree. Doesnt get much easier from here on out. Everytime smith goes back to pass i get nervous. His pass protection has been down right shitty at times.

Great Expectations
10-02-2017, 07:30 PM
When they blitz we need to throw it to Hill over the top.

GloucesterChief
10-02-2017, 07:31 PM
Starting 3 of 5 non first stringers does that.

Great Expectations
10-02-2017, 07:33 PM
smith created the pressure on that 3rd down.

carcosa
10-02-2017, 07:34 PM
Injuries are grinding the OL into dust

Direckshun
10-02-2017, 07:37 PM
What the **** do you want?

We have THREE backup OL playing right now.

Shut the hell up.

-King-
10-02-2017, 07:38 PM
Starting 3 of 5 non first stringers does that.

Nah it's all Alex Smith. Ignore the fact that 3 players shouldn't be starting and that Fisher is playing hurt (and ineffective)
Posted via Mobile Device

Oh Snap
10-02-2017, 09:24 PM
What the **** do you want?

We have THREE backup OL playing right now.

Shut the hell up.

What do i want? Them to block and not get their QB killed so we can ****ing win...its really frustrating everytime he drops back he has someone in his face. Hes the most sacked qb in the league at this point. I know there are injuries. No need to be a dick bag about it.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
10-02-2017, 09:44 PM
Good lord is it awful at times. It was really good against the patriots. Its been a bit hit and miss since.

You got the memo that Witmann, Devy, and Fulton were our 3 interior lineman...yea?

BryanBusby
10-02-2017, 09:49 PM
What do i want? Them to block and not get their QB killed so we can ****ing win...its really frustrating everytime he drops back he has someone in his face. Hes the most sacked qb in the league at this point. I know there are injuries. No need to be a dick bag about it.
They are backups against a top tier 3 man front. Shut up.

Shaid
10-02-2017, 09:50 PM
yep, 3 backup interior linemen. Smith running made this game.

Eleazar
10-02-2017, 09:59 PM
The fact that they fixed it in the middle of the game says it’s not all about personnel, though

JakeF
10-02-2017, 10:01 PM
Washington made a monumental mistake when they stopped crowding the line of scrimmage in the 2nd half. If they keep playing the run on the way to the quarterback they win this game.

tmax63
10-02-2017, 10:02 PM
They got the ball out of Alex's hands in about 1.8 seconds. Didn't have the time for a 50 yd completion but they started moving the chains and the Redskins couldn't stop it.

FlintHillsChiefs
10-02-2017, 10:03 PM

We're missing 3 starters. Need to get them back pronto.

noa
10-02-2017, 10:04 PM
The injuries are brutal, frankly we're lucky it wasn't worse and that Hunt was able to scrap his way for 101 yards

PunkinDrublic
10-02-2017, 10:05 PM
Andy must have chewed their ass all week because they did a great job eliminating penalties. Glad they stayed disciplined enough to stay in their stance and let Alex draw them offsides a few times. I thought they did better down the stretch.

jspchief
10-02-2017, 10:06 PM
Keep in mind this same defense kicked a mudhole in Oakland's ass last week. They look like a tough D this year.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

OldSchool
10-02-2017, 10:10 PM
It's going to be a problem vs Denver for sure. But Reid has schemed around that in the past. (Lots of quick hitters, screens, etc)

Frazod
10-02-2017, 10:16 PM
It's going to be a problem vs Denver for sure. But Reid has schemed around that in the past. (Lots of quick hitters, screens, etc)

Fuck Denver. Who the hell have they beaten? The Cowgirls? They suck. Plus, they've played three out of four at home with the thin air and lost their only away game to Buffalo.

Not impressed.

OldSchool
10-02-2017, 10:31 PM
**** Denver. Who the hell have they beaten? The Cowgirls? They suck. Plus, they've played three out of four at home with the thin air and lost their only away game to Buffalo.

Not impressed.

I'm more worried about the OL vs their front 7.

I'm going to say the same thing about the Texans DL next week. Gonna be incredibly tough for the OL this coming Sunday.

Messier
10-02-2017, 10:34 PM
Hopefully the interior won't be gone too long.

Frazod
10-02-2017, 10:34 PM
I'm more worried about the OL vs their front 7.

I'm going to say the same thing about the Texans DL next week. Gonna be incredibly tough for the OL this coming Sunday.

Yeah, especially on a short week, next week scares the crap out of me. This was a brutal, physical game.

Chief Northman
10-02-2017, 10:35 PM
Ummm.....

No Morse, Ehinger, LDT.

#6,7,8 depth wise along the O-line. There will be some problems.
I expect the Texans to fuck us up good. Andy will call 25 screens.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-02-2017, 11:14 PM
But yet....400 yards of offense the last 3 quarters... against a top level defense.

Sandy Vagina
10-02-2017, 11:20 PM
But yet....400 yards of offense the last 3 quarters... against a top level defense.

pre-snap is a beautiful.. and sure I'll say it.. hidden thing, sometimes, Hard-count, seeing that QB sneak as best option... but **** that dood. Throw it deeeeeep assho! :whackit:

JakeF
10-02-2017, 11:21 PM
For some reason, Washington backed off in the 2nd half and we kicked the crap out of them once they did. When we give Smith even decent protection our offense is really good.

Sandy Vagina
10-02-2017, 11:23 PM
For some reason, Washington backed off in the 2nd half and we kicked the crap out of them once they did. When we give Smith even decent protection our offense is really good.

your right.. **** Smiff... the Skins just backed off cuz they felt bad and stuff.

( I know you can pick up the sarcasm, so.. ):drool:

Oh Snap
10-02-2017, 11:24 PM
They are backups against a top tier 3 man front. Shut up.
Why dont you come make me tuff guy. Big man over the keyboard.

I like how you morons are getting mad at my thread. Maybe you should go find your nearest safe space and stay the hell out of my threads??

kcchiefsus
10-02-2017, 11:26 PM
Why dont you come make me tuff guy. Big man over the keyboard.

I like how you morons are getting mad at my thread. Maybe you should go find your nearest safe space and stay the hell out of my threads??

Shutup bitch

Oh Snap
10-02-2017, 11:29 PM
Shutup bitch

Would you like to meet up and say that to my face?

MeatRock
10-02-2017, 11:29 PM
your right.. **** Smiff... the Skins just backed off cuz they felt bad and stuff.

( I know you can pick up the sarcasm, so.. ):drool:

It's You're not your. Fucking moron! :shake:

kcchiefsus
10-02-2017, 11:36 PM

bitch

to your face

Oh Snap
10-03-2017, 12:04 AM
I appreciate the serious responses. I think we can all agree we need a healthy OL. May they have a speedy recovery. Ill give the OL some credit tonight. They came together and did a much better job after the half.

bitch

to your face

Such a passive aggressive little bitch. Im not surprised.

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-03-2017, 05:22 AM
You got the memo that Witmann, Devy, and Fulton were our 3 interior lineman...yea?

They're getting paid millions of dollars as professional athletes. They need to step up.

Alex Smith is the most sacked QB next to Carson Palmer.

When will Ehringer be back ? I believe I saw he was full practice this week.

We still got Cam erving on the bench and Mama on the PS.

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-03-2017, 05:24 AM

You'll have to travel to South Korea for that to happen. You're a dumbass!

kcchiefsus
10-03-2017, 06:31 AM
You'll have to travel to South Korea for that to happen. You're a dumbass!

Yes she is

Aspengc8
10-03-2017, 06:53 AM

Their d-line blew their load in the first half. They backed off because Smith started getting the ball out quickly, making the right reads, and the o-line made some adjustments. No reason to blitz if he is getting the ball out quick, and give KC the chance for a big play because you have all single coverage on the back end. Don't forget Norman was hurt along with a few other guys so they aren't going to give Kelce & Hill solo coverage off a blitz.

jspchief
10-03-2017, 08:18 AM
They backed off because Smith started getting the ball out quickly, making the right reads, and the o-line made some adjustments. No reason to blitz if he is getting the ball out quick, and give KC the chance for a big play because you have all single coverage on the back end.

This season the Reid coached Chiefs finally seem to be figuring out how the deep throws and dink/dunk play off each other. There's a time for both, and making defenses believe you'll do either effectively completely changes things. It's what Smith bashers have been saying all along.

Aspengc8
10-03-2017, 08:26 AM
This season the Reid coached Chiefs finally seem to be figuring out how the deep throws and dink/dunk play off each other. There's a time for both, and making defenses believe you'll do either effectively completely changes things. It's what Smith bashers have been saying all along.

Exactly. Now they just need to work in a bit more play-action game from under center, not the shotgun shit.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
10-04-2017, 08:36 AM
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-o-line-rankings-pass-blocking-efficiency

Pass blocking still average to below average just like last season. Although we have played some good front sevens

RunKC
10-04-2017, 08:50 AM
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-o-line-rankings-pass-blocking-efficiency

Pass blocking still average to below average just like last season. Although we have played some good front sevens

LDT Has been elite in pass pro. Our best OL. Jordan Devey replaced him on Monday and gave up 2 sacks.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
10-04-2017, 08:51 AM
Best OL these last 4 years but against elite DL they struggle big time

O.city
10-04-2017, 08:52 AM

Win some and lose some against elite dls. Every ol does

Rausch
10-04-2017, 09:08 AM

This line was built to be athletic (more like DV's line) and not "maulers."

Myself, I'd prefer the Rams/Cowboys approach but results are hard to argue...

Sandy Vagina
10-04-2017, 10:29 AM
This line was built to be athletic (more like DV's line) and not "maulers."

Myself, I'd prefer the Rams/Cowboys approach but results are hard to argue...

Athletic is definitely better for this offense. Too many fun weapons with speed to use misdirection... bells and whistles, was it? lol... with. Andy screens, RO, fake reverses, direct snaps to TE/RB, etc..

RunKC
10-04-2017, 10:45 AM
I'm a big fan of this OL unit from 1-8. Our worst guy is our 8th OL, Jordan Devey, and even he was doing a decent job against a really good DL. He actually did an above average job in the run game when you see Kareem running through holes that the kid created.
Fulton and Witzmann did a solid job too, which is really a rarity from your backups.

I'm glad they held off on Ehinger and didn't rush back. He's now at 11 months since surgery and should be ready to go