PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Sooo about Alex Smith

Titty Meat
10-02-2017, 10:23 PM
8 tds
0 INTs
76% completions

Did the damn thing tonight with a banged up interior line and left tackle who wasn't 100%. Salute!

TigeRRUppeRRcut
10-02-2017, 10:23 PM
Waiting for my erection to go away. 2 more hours of this and I'm going to the hospital.

hometeam
10-02-2017, 10:25 PM
Waiting for my erection to go away. 2 more hours of this and I'm going to the hospital.

Everyones first time is different lil buddy

BleedingRed

Just put a Alex Smith jersey on a pillow.... the rest is will sort itself out

Hammock Parties
https://i.imgur.com/PzEsyyn.jpg

TomBarndtsTwin
:toast:

Sandy Vagina
10-02-2017, 10:27 PM
Erection couldn't end evar. It's in the nice, soggy, bitter, asses of Pawny, Claynus, and SDH.. and now I see why they protect it so with big talk.. such sweet interior ass... and their cries of half joy half pain? will always be retained.

Hammock Parties
10-02-2017, 10:28 PM
Erection couldn't end evar. It's in the nice, soggy, bitter, asses of Pawny, Claynus, and SDH.. and now I see why they protect it so with big talk.. such sweet interior ass... and their cries of half joy half pain? will always be retained.

You need to stay humble.

It's a long season and NFL often stands for "Not For Long."

Tonight was excellent but one game does not a legend make.

Graciously accept our glowing praise for the evening and shake our hands as fellow fans...if you really are one.

Ming the Merciless
10-02-2017, 10:29 PM
Gay talk from creepy smith stalkers sucking each other off after a regular season win...

I'm shocked

Ming the Merciless
10-02-2017, 10:30 PM
Oh..and 12 more regular season games to go

gold_and_red
10-02-2017, 10:31 PM
Gay talk from creepy smith stalkers sucking each other off after a regular season win...

I'm shocked

Lol, but lets be honest after the first quarter most had this as a surefire loss! Alex surprised us. Celebrate these so far rare moments!

Pitt Gorilla
10-02-2017, 10:32 PM
You need to stay humble.

It's a long season and NFL often stands for "Not For Long."

Tonight was excellent but one game does not a legend make.

Graciously accept our glowing praise for the evening and shake our hands as fellow fans...if you really are one.How does his performance this season jive with "did, does, and always will"?

Sandy Vagina
10-02-2017, 10:33 PM

oh but they could be glorious.. and if goes well, won't even wipe my bloody dick on your curtains on my way out.... if I leave. Come at me, bro. I got this.. when so...

Ming the Merciless
10-02-2017, 10:33 PM
Lol, but lets be honest after the first quarter most had this as a surefire loss! Alex surprised us. Celebrate these so far rare moments!

I was in the game thread....celebrating...

Were you?

Ming the Merciless
10-02-2017, 10:35 PM
oh but they could be glorious.. and if goes well, won't even wipe my bloody dick on your curtains on my way out.... if I leave. Come at me, bro. I got this.. when so...

It wont...you will kick rocks and disappear in a very anticlimactic fashion

Bewbies
10-02-2017, 10:36 PM
If Alex Smith had played like he has this season over the last 4 Pat Mahomes wouldn't be a Chief.

The pick we're going to get for him just keeps getting better. :)

Titty Meat
10-02-2017, 10:38 PM

Yup and if he keeps it up he's an MVP candidate no?

Pasta Little Brioni
10-02-2017, 10:40 PM
400 yards the last 3 quarters ROFL

Sandy Vagina
10-02-2017, 10:41 PM
If Alex Smith had played like he has this season over the last 4 Pat Mahomes wouldn't be a Chief.

Nah BS... Smith ain't gonna knucklehead his way around another 3+ years. KC was obsessed, and were wise to make their QB position one of strength. Good on them.

notorious
10-02-2017, 10:43 PM
400 yards the last 3 quarters ROFL

Lit them the fuck up.

Ming the Merciless
10-02-2017, 10:45 PM
Yup and if he keeps it up he's an MVP candidate no?

I doubt Alex Smith wins mvp

If that's what you're asking me

But sure if we go 16-0 why not

Titty Meat
10-02-2017, 10:45 PM
I doubt Alex Smith wins mvp

If that's what you're asking me

But sure if we go 16-0 why not

What if he throws 30 tds less than 10 ints and 4000 yards and we end up the #1 seed in the AFC?

penbrook
10-02-2017, 10:46 PM
Just think we are 4-0 with the hardest schedule in the NFL

Ming the Merciless
10-02-2017, 10:48 PM
What if he throws 30 tds less than 10 ints and 4000 yards and we end up the #1 seed in the AFC?

Breaking 4k yards will probably not happen

I highly doubt he will throw 30 td either

Pasta Little Brioni
10-02-2017, 10:53 PM
Lit them the fuck up.

Felt like a Vermeil era game. I had a great confidence in that finish, not had in years.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
10-02-2017, 11:11 PM
Breaking 4k yards will probably not happen

I highly doubt he will throw 30 td either

He's got 9 total TD's if you count rushing, I bet he adds at least 3 more rushing. So 28 touchdowns in 12 games is not farfetched with how the team is playing

Ming the Merciless
10-02-2017, 11:14 PM
He's got 9 total TD's if you count rushing, I bet he adds at least 3 more rushing. So 28 touchdowns in 12 games is not farfetched with how the team is playing

I was talking about throwing stats

I wouldn't be too keen on feeding smith the ball ....running. that's begging for trouble

l4z4rd
10-02-2017, 11:29 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DLL1CWEU8AAbWrK.jpg

jaa1025
10-02-2017, 11:34 PM
He's playing ok this season. Definitely his best start as a Chief. He did something I've never seen him do when he scrambled and kept his eyes down the field and hit Wilson. That's what Mahomes does almost every single time. Who's teaching who?

Good for him though. Increase that trade value. Maybe we can get a 2nd during the off season.

Tribal Warfare
10-02-2017, 11:36 PM

This

KCrockaholic
10-02-2017, 11:38 PM
He's playing ok this season. Definitely his best start as a Chief. He did something I've never seen him do when he scrambled and kept his eyes down the field and hit Wilson. That's what Mahomes does almost every single time. Who's teaching who?

Good for him though. Increase that trade value. Maybe we can get a 2nd during the off season.

I mentioned to my wife during that play that it was the kind of thing Mahomes would do, keep his head/eyes up while escaping the pocket. Alex is pushing himself. He's going out there and saying "fuck it" sometimes. But yes, also increasing his trade value. It's a win-win right now for the future and present.

19now11
10-03-2017, 03:41 AM
man u guys are unreal, even when alex wins he loses. do you guys even consider the thought that you may go the way of the 9ers when u trade alex this off season? and if you do are you guys ok with it because it isnt alex? i never understood the hate. this motherfucker would put the browns in the playoffs next year but you guys dont want him...:bong::shrug:

JohnV
10-03-2017, 04:48 AM
man u guys are unreal, even when alex wins he loses. do you guys even consider the thought that you may go the way of the 9ers when u trade alex this off season? and if you do are you guys ok with it because it isnt alex? i never understood the hate. this mother****er would put the browns in the playoffs next year but you guys dont want him...:bong::shrug:

9ers would of went the way of the 9ers with Alex. Hes playing good at the moment, but its taken 5 years with Andy and an absolutely loaded offense to finally look like a real QB. He wouldn't have had that in SF with Kerley and a 30 ppg defense. As much as it hurt you, you really should be thankful the 49ers traded him.

farmerchief
10-03-2017, 05:22 AM

Exactly, what I was thinking! That looked like a Mahomes throw we seen in preseason, so perhaps, they can help each other?:hmmm:

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-03-2017, 05:29 AM
man u guys are unreal, even when alex wins he loses. do you guys even consider the thought that you may go the way of the 9ers when u trade alex this off season? and if you do are you guys ok with it because it isnt alex? i never understood the hate. this mother****er would put the browns in the playoffs next year but you guys dont want him...:bong::shrug:

Alex is having a career year as I predicted but there were multiple times last night there were open receivers beating their man that I was just thinking Mahomes would have hit that guy.

The difference is Alex progresses from the inside out and Mahomes progresses from the outside in.

thegame214
10-03-2017, 05:58 AM
Trade value is looking damn good

InChiefsHeaven
10-03-2017, 06:09 AM
Alex is playing like a wild man. I love it. I don't care about 2018 right now. Just win bitches!!

Best22
10-03-2017, 06:12 AM
2 great performances
1 good performance
1 poor performance

JohnnyHammersticks
10-03-2017, 07:14 AM
Got to give credit where it's due. I've been pretty hard on Alex, but the dude is playing his ass off and it should be acknowledged. I just wish it wouldn't have taken 5 years and drafting another guy to bring it out of him, but better late than never. He's playing like he did in that Indy playoff game full-time now.

Sandy Vagina
10-03-2017, 07:15 AM
2 great performances
1 good performance
1 poor performance

which was the poor game for you, just to be clear... :hmmm:

Reerun_KC
10-03-2017, 07:58 AM
The Mahomes effect is a beautiful thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stevieray
10-03-2017, 08:05 AM
The Mahomes effect is a beautiful thing.

Pffft.

Reerun_KC
10-03-2017, 08:14 AM
Pffft.

Funny they just said the same thing on NFL network about how Drafting Mahomes changed Smiths playing style.

So "pfft" that scooter

stevieray
10-03-2017, 08:17 AM
Funny they just said the same thing on NFL network about how Drafting Mahomes changed Smiths playing style.

So "pfft" that scooter

I dont give a damn what they say..bottom line is that the 11 guys on the offense are getting it done

Ya, pm me your address scooter.

:rolleyes:

Ming the Merciless
10-03-2017, 08:26 AM
man u guys are unreal, even when alex wins he loses. do you guys even consider the thought that you may go the way of the 9ers when u trade alex this off season?

The niners went further after they got rid of Alex than the Chiefs have been in 40 years

I think a lot of people would orgasm around here if we went to the superbowl and back to back deep playoff runs...

You realize the failure we have had in the playoffs here the last 25 years, right?

or are you a pure alex fan and dont really know that much about the chiefs?

A8bil
10-03-2017, 11:07 AM
2 great performances
1 good performance
1 poor performance
4 wins
Fixed.

A8bil
10-03-2017, 11:16 AM
The niners went further after they got rid of Alex than the Chiefs have been in 40 years

I think a lot of people would orgasm around here if we went to the superbowl and back to back deep playoff runs...

You realize the failure we have had in the playoffs here the last 25 years, right?

You seem like a pretty knowledgeable poster....except that you constantly want to peg KC's failure to advance in the playoffs on Smith. Did you ever play the game? Rarely can you ever hang a loss on one player, but you seem obsessed with hanging them on Smith. Sure, Smith has his faults, is too conservative, and takes too many sacks, but I recall lots of other failures and poor play from other players in those playoff losses. Smith aint Ben, or Brady, or Brees, but he's a heck of a lot better than a lot of QBs in this league and with the right cast around him, I think he can win.

Fat Elvis
10-03-2017, 11:20 AM

According to CP this is all Alex Smith's fault....

MahiMike
10-03-2017, 11:23 AM
Last night I was thinking that I want Alex to win a SB more than I want it for myself. He deserves it.

Ming the Merciless
10-03-2017, 01:35 PM
You seem like a pretty knowledgeable poster....except that you constantly want to peg KC's failure to advance in the playoffs on Smith. Did you ever play the game? Rarely can you ever hang a loss on one player, but you seem obsessed with hanging them on Smith. Sure, Smith has his faults, is too conservative, and takes too many sacks, but I recall lots of other failures and poor play from other players in those playoff losses. Smith aint Ben, or Brady, or Brees, but he's a heck of a lot better than a lot of QBs in this league and with the right cast around him, I think he can win.

This isn't exactly true. My position is pretty middle of the road regarding Smith. It always has been and it always will be. I've never said he was terrible , or that I want him hurt or I want us to lose etc..unlike some. I've even said I want him as our starter this season, and Mahomes on the bench for now..

The situation is what it is....Smith wont be the direct cause of us losing games..I completely agree but in my opinion, he doesn't give us enough of an added dimension to go out and win when the going gets extremely rough...especially later on in the season. I love his heart and fire..and I think hes a great guy...and a decent QB ..Just not a great one....and I personally think a great QB is needed these days to consistently go deep in the playoffs.

I've never 'hung a loss' completely on Smith. Thats dishonest...I am pretty realistic and I think if you actually saw my posts over the years instead of lumping me in with some of the others who call for him to be hurt and say he is terrible etc....you would recognize that.

I'm just not going to sit here and pretend he is something he isn't. He has had an outstanding season thus far....but that doesn't change a single thing I have said because I have never said that he is terrible or wont have his moments or wont win a lot of regular season games, on the right team.....

And I dont need to have played in the NFL to feel the way I do , either..I mean I'm sure most of the Geniouses (like you) in here have played football at a high level and therefore have a greater understanding of the game....But I have watched chiefs football for 30 years and Also I have been watching Alex smith play football since he was drafted by the 49ers...so I feel like I know what the situation is pretty well.

Later on in the season, I think we lose the ability to scramble Alex that much because you cant get away with doing that too much or he WILL get hurt. The downfield limitations of our offense...(for multiple reasons, NOT just Smith's tendancies) will rule the day when we are behind and need points...

Think about the Redskins game, we were a dropped TD pass away from being down by 4 and needing to drive the whole field. We got bailed out of a couple really bad situations from penalties. We WILL need this 'new' alex when it counts....and personally I do not have confidence he will show up. Ive seen it too many times before....

No, I'm not saying he sucks or he is terrible. No , I am not saying I want him benched. No I am not saying I want him hurt. No I am not saying he will directly cause us to lose games...What I am saying is that he wont be the direct cause of us winning the important game down the stretch and in the playoffs when its time.

ANd believe me, I hope he proves me wrong and we win a superbowl ring this year..I actually agree with many that think it would be cool for him...if anyone 'deserves' a ring (I don't agree with that kind of thinking though) , I think he does. He is a hard worker, an inspiration...he has heart etc....I give him nothing but mad props & praise for the season thus far.

I think we need a better QB if we are going to be a real threat in the playoffs. We need that extra dimension of a deep ball..just my opinion..Alex is an adequate QB but I'd like to strive for more, personally..I want to see us go deep in the playoffs a lot. Period.

Ming the Merciless
10-03-2017, 01:39 PM

I would say retread / FA QB's.and unwillingness to draft and groom a QBOTF:

this is the body of evidence:

Deberg, Krieg, Montana, Bono, Grbac, Gannon, Green, Huard, Cassel and Now Smith.

I think that the Chiefs have finally seen the light on this , which is why for the 1st time in decades we have spent the resources and done what it took to Draft a QBOTF.

Reerun_KC
10-03-2017, 01:43 PM

No it the franchises fault for building straw man teams for us to believe in.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
10-03-2017, 02:47 PM
Alex Smith Career Win/Losses:

San Francisco: 38-36 (.513)
Kansas City: 45-20 (.692)

Ming the Merciless
10-03-2017, 02:53 PM

Alex Smith career playoff wins / losses:

San Francisco 1-1 (.500)

Kansas City ( 1-3) (.250)

Hammock Parties
10-03-2017, 02:55 PM
Alex Smith Career Playoff Win/Losses:

San Francisco: 1-1 (.500)
Kansas City: 1-3 (.250)

FYP

Hammock Parties
10-03-2017, 02:59 PM

Jake Plummer Career Win/Losses

Arizona: 30-52 (.365)
Denver: 39-15 (.722)

And somehow it meant nothing!

A8bil
10-03-2017, 03:06 PM
Fair enough, pawnmower. That's a good post. My impression from reading perhaps thousands of your posts was that you were pinning playoff losses on Smith. If that is not the case, we have no disagreement.

My question about playing (I did until a neck injury) was based on my impression of your position. Having played and coached the game (at a low level), everyone on the field knows how critical the play of everyone on field is to sustained success. Players rarely single out any player as the cause of failure, as it is almost never true that the poor play of one player is the cause of a loss. It's more typically an accumulation of a lot of miscues. Now, there can be heroics by a single player who can overcome a lot of miscues by their teammates, and perhaps that is the type of QB you want. But, those types are so unique that thinking they are out there ready to be taken is wishful thinking.

As I noted, Smith hasn't shown that he is the kind of player who can overcome a lot of miscues, but he himself doesn't cause a lot of miscues. Can that win? There are quite a few teams that have won with not much more at QB.

Ming the Merciless
10-03-2017, 03:44 PM
As I said, I don't think I have ever SOLELY pinned a playoff loss on smith....but you can feel free to post one of my 'thousands' of posts to show that I have.

The main argument I have had playoff wise with people is the colts game, where the entire offense fell apart in the second half...right along with the D. One or 2 more 1st downs, and we win....even though the d shit the bed. But I never blamed smith SOLELY for that loss...but I'm not giving him a pass for the terrible second half, either.

I challenge you to find a time where I have solely blamed smith for one of those 3 playoff losses...or hell..even.a regular season loss. It's a little dishonest ,imo.

Ragged Robin
10-03-2017, 03:53 PM
The main argument I have had playoff wise with people is the colts game, where the entire offense fell apart in the second half...right along with the D. One or 2 more 1st downs, and we win....even though the d shit the bed. But I never blamed smith SOLELY for that loss...but I'm not giving him a pass for the terrible second half, either.

The offense scored 13 points in the second half, not exactly terrible. That's plenty enough to win a game after scoring 31 in the first half. To put that in perspective, the defense gave up 35 points in the 2nd half. That is outrageous.

If you want to complain about lack of offense, bitch about the limp dick offense against the Steelers. You could even say Reid blamed that one on Smith and prompted a top 10 QB draft pick.

A8bil
10-03-2017, 03:58 PM
I said it was my "impression" and that if I am wrong...no disagreement. Is there a reason to go back to find evidence of you taking a position that you deny ever taking? Your response says enough, doesn't it? Not sure how anyone benefits from that exercise.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
10-03-2017, 07:44 PM
Jake Plummer Career Win/Losses

Arizona: 30-52 (.365)
Denver: 39-15 (.722)

And somehow it meant nothing!

Plummer QB rating of 75 and had a pathetic 1:1 TD INT ratio

Ming the Merciless
10-03-2017, 08:02 PM
I said it was my "impression" and that if I am wrong...no disagreement. Is there a reason to go back to find evidence of you taking a position that you deny ever taking? Your response says enough, doesn't it? Not sure how anyone benefits from that exercise.

you claimed you read 'thousands' of my posts yet somehow you got my position entirely wrong...and put words in my mouth that I never spoke.

anyone reading your false statement might get the wrong idea unless I correct it.

I benefit from this because unless I correct your false statement, someone else reading this might think you were telling the truth.

ANd , also whose mult are you by the way? I mean unless you have read THOUSANDS of my posts about years old playoff games since april...LOL

Hammock Parties
10-03-2017, 08:12 PM
Plummer QB rating of 75 and had a pathetic 1:1 TD INT ratio

Just win baby.

RobBlake
10-03-2017, 08:48 PM

Anticlimactic.. a word your familiar hearing and your wife saying

Ming the Merciless
10-03-2017, 09:47 PM

have you been married long also?

LOL

Simplicity
10-03-2017, 09:59 PM
sooo if I wanted Patrick Mahomes to start next year but Alex Smith is playing this and continues to play like this..... Can someone tell me where I should stand on this subject? Because I am beyond confused.

Ming the Merciless
10-03-2017, 10:02 PM
sooo if I wanted Patrick Mahomes to start next year but Alex Smith is playing this and continues to play like this..... Can someone tell me where I should stand on this subject? Because I am beyond confused.

apparently you are a terrible person and do not deserve to enjoy the winning that is happening now

and you can 'suck a dick bitch' because youre a 'hater'

thats pretty much what I am hearing from all the true fans

Best22
10-03-2017, 10:17 PM

which was the poor game for you, just to be clear... :hmmm:

Los Angeles

kcchiefsus
10-03-2017, 10:46 PM

Bennie Logan, Terrance Mitchell, Marcus Peters (option year), Dee Ford, Mitch Morse, Steven Nelson, Allen Bailey, and a number of other role players are all free agents over the next two years. We're currently over the salary cap for next year with the cap the way it is. We don't have a 1st round pick with which to help reload the roster.

They're going to have to get really creative if they want to keep Smith while also keeping the rest of the roster competitive. Even Smith's biggest supporters will likely admit that he's not a quarterback like Aaron Rodgers who will win everything on his own. If they sacrifice the rest of the roster to keep Smith it's going to backfire.

Regardless of what happens this year, you have to play this like Belichick would. You don't make emotional decisions based on what a player has done in the past. You make decisions about what will happen in the future. Smith is a player who depends a lot on his legs and isn't getting any younger. Signing Smith to an extension likely ends up as a horrible mistake in the long run. Even keeping him for 2018 significantly hampers the team's ability to sign its own free agents or outside talent, as mentioned previously.

I don't see how the economics work to keep Smith for 2018, and signing him to an extension simply has to be out of the question. He is having a great year so far by his standards, but using two 1sts and a 3rd round pick on Mahomes means we're committed to going with him after this year.

penbrook
10-03-2017, 10:55 PM
Bennie Logan, Terrance Mitchell, Marcus Peters (option year), Dee Ford, Mitch Morse, Steven Nelson, Allen Bailey, and a number of other role players are all free agents over the next two years. We're currently over the salary cap for next year with the cap the way it is. We don't have a 1st round pick with which to help reload the roster.

They're going to have to get really creative if they want to keep Smith while also keeping the rest of the roster competitive. Even Smith's biggest supporters will likely admit that he's not a quarterback like Aaron Rodgers who will win everything on his own. If they sacrifice the rest of the roster to keep Smith it's going to backfire.

Regardless of what happens this year, you have to play this like Belichick would. You don't make emotional decisions based on what a player has done in the past. You make decisions about what will happen in the future. Smith is a player who depends a lot on his legs and isn't getting any younger. Signing Smith to an extension likely ends up as a horrible mistake in the long run. Even keeping him for 2018 significantly hampers the team's ability to sign its own free agents or outside talent, as mentioned previously.

I don't see how the economics work to keep Smith for 2018, and signing him to an extension simply has to be out of the question. He is having a great year so far by his standards, but using two 1sts and a 3rd round pick on Mahomes means we're committed to going with him after this year.

A lot or restructuring contracts and actually we will have 10 mil because the money this year rolls over and the cap room always goes up every yet so add another 6-7 mil

kcchiefsus
10-03-2017, 10:59 PM
A lot or restructuring contracts and actually we will have 10 mil because the money this year rolls over and the cap room always goes up every yet so add another 6-7 mil

Still think the best move is to trade Smith and at least get a 2nd round pick. He'll be 34 next year. Keeping him for the last year of his contract isn't the end of the world (although I really prefer they don't), but signing him to an extension would be inexcusable. He hasn't magically found the fountain of youth. He's at the age that most quarterbacks not named Brady or Manning start to regress. Again, keeping him will force us to make difficult decisions on keeping other players and Smith would need a superstar team around him to continue to be successful.

penbrook
10-03-2017, 11:01 PM
Still think the best move is to trade Smith and at least get a 2nd round pick. He'll be 34 next year. Keeping him for the last year of his contract isn't the end of the world (although I really prefer they don't), but signing him to an extension would be inexcusable. He hasn't magically found the fountain of youth. He's at the age that most quarterbacks not named Brady or Manning start to regress. Again, keeping him will force us to make difficult decisions on keeping other players and Smith would need a superstar team around him to continue to be successful.

Like I said before I think Smith will play out his contract here. Now if he wins back to back Super Bowls this and next year you can sign him to a 100 million dollar contract for all I care and put him in the HOF

penbrook
10-03-2017, 11:01 PM
DJs cap hit is big next year but he will probably take a pay cut like
He did this year

Ming the Merciless
10-03-2017, 11:02 PM

so the real question becomes what then?

17 mil for alex smith versus 17 mil for weapons for mahomes and starting on building around him?

I am of the opinion that anything less than afc champs and alex maintaining the numbers and performance and its all but guaranteed the mahomes era starts

theres some grey area scenarios too like what if we get to the AFCCG and win and get to the superbowl and lose, but alex has been playing game manager for the 6 weeks prior...what then..

All of these hypotheticals aside - the one thing i think we can all find agreement on....is we are damn lucky to be in the position to even have the 'mahomes option' to go to...

I feel like there is almost no way we don't go that route because I don't think my wildest dreams of an AFCCG will come true let alone superbowl. My heart might explode...I have waited my entire life for that. I'll believe it when I see it....so until then , in my mind we have to keep trying to improve the roster and be wise and efficient with the money and keep building.

penbrook
10-03-2017, 11:07 PM

17 mil for alex smith versus 17 mil for weapons for mahomes and starting on building around him?

I am of the opinion that anything less than afc champs and alex maintaining the numbers and performance and its all but guaranteed the mahomes era starts

theres some grey area scenarios too like what if we get to the AFCCG and win and get to the superbowl and lose, but alex has been playing game manager for the 6 weeks prior...what then..

All of these hypotheticals aside - the one thing i think we can all find agreement on....is we are damn lucky to be in the position to even have the 'mahomes option' to go to...

I feel like there is almost no way we don't go that route because I don't think my wildest dreams of an AFCCG will come true let alone superbowl. My heart might explode...I have waited my entire life for that. I'll believe it when I see it....so until then , in my mind we have to keep trying to improve the roster and be wise and efficient with the money and keep building.

I agree with this. If Smitty keep his elite level of play up and we don’t lose anyone else due to injury I don’t see why we can’t at least go to the AFCCG. Who’s our biggest threat? Pitt? Ben is struggling.

Ming the Merciless
10-03-2017, 11:09 PM
I agree with this. If Smitty keep his elite level of play up and we don’t lose anyone else due to injury I don’t see why we can’t at least go to the AFCCG. Who’s our biggest threat? Pitt? Ben is struggling.

its a long season..

by January there will be a lot of tape on every team...no more real gimmicks....alex probably wont be running and scrambling as much (or he will be injured if he does)..

On paper our schedule gets easier on the back stretch but the reality is this is very early in the season...too early to start saying there is no threats in the playoffs

cdcox
10-03-2017, 11:16 PM
Last night I was thinking that I want Alex to win a SB more than I want it for myself. He deserves it.

This is total BS. He isn't married to the team from age 8 to 88 like thousands of fans. He was a 9'er and he'll likely be something else before it is all said and done -- hired gun. He's not some iconic NFL QB like Tarkenton or Marino that never won a SB. He's not DT, Gonzalez, Roaf, Shields, who were among the best ever to play their position. If he deserves a SB he will win one and he will get all the praise he deserves. Until then he's Dan Pastorni, Boomer Esiason, or Ken Anderson.

penbrook
10-03-2017, 11:26 PM
This is total BS. He isn't married to the team from age 8 to 88 like thousands of fans. He was a 9'er and he'll likely be something else before it is all said and done -- hired gun. He's not some iconic NFL QB like Tarkenton or Marino that never won a SB. He's not DT, Gonzalez, Roaf, Shields, who were among the best ever to play their position. If he deserves a SB he will win one and he will get all the praise he deserves. Until then he's Dan Pastorni, Boomer Esiason, or Ken Anderson.

The person who deserves a ring the most is DJ. I would say Tamba but his antics pissed me off. DJ and Reid

Ming the Merciless
10-03-2017, 11:45 PM

amen

but this is typical

they want the win more for alex than for 'themselves' or in other words for the chiefs , anyone on the chiefs or their fans like you and me that have been waiting a lifetime

its more important 'for alex' for some reason because what? hes nice?

PAChiefsGuy
10-04-2017, 05:23 AM

Don't kid yourself every NFL player is a 'hired gun'. Just because one player stays on the same team and another doesn't does not mean that one is a 'hired gun' and the other isn't.

Players go to the team that drafted them. If they play there their whole career there it is usually because they are a good player and they like it there. Sometimes it isn't even those reasons it's just they got offered a lot of money. But make no mistake about it if Derrick Thomas got drafted by the Raiders then that is where he would have played and maybe his whole career. If Reid would not have been fired he would still be in Philly and would have gameplanned to beat us a couple weeks ago. It's hard to think about it like that but it is the truth.

Rausch
10-04-2017, 06:04 AM
amen

but this is typical

they want the win more for alex than for 'themselves' or in other words for the chiefs , anyone on the chiefs or their fans like you and me that have been waiting a lifetime

its more important 'for alex' for some reason because what? hes nice?

I'd like to see him personally do well because it's a nice bonus.

Much like I respected Deberg for being one tough SOB I can respect that in Smith. Neither was the most talented QB in the NFL but you do pull for those guys who just gut it out and keep fighting.

Sandy Vagina
10-04-2017, 06:20 AM

I would agree that the long-suffering fans.. most of them.. deserve it more.

As for naming a QB in the League that deserves it more, it's fair to go with Smith... assuming his play continues to be worthy of it.

Dude went through more shit than any successful QB that I can think of. Perhaps there are others in history that went through worse and succeeded, but I have yet to see any names/examples attached to this possibility.

threebag
10-04-2017, 06:58 AM
Dilly Dilly

RobBlake
10-04-2017, 09:09 AM
have you been married long also?

LOL

Haha. Prob why I'm divorced

Ming the Merciless
10-04-2017, 09:24 AM
Haha. Prob why I'm divorced

LOL rep

milkman
10-04-2017, 09:27 AM

Who, and what, is his familiar?

Ming the Merciless
10-04-2017, 09:30 AM
Who, and what, is his familiar?

LOL

http://cdn77.sadanduseless.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/worst1.jpg

Rausch
10-04-2017, 09:36 AM
LOL

And I thought this was an art piece about the state of European politics...

RobBlake
10-05-2017, 02:34 AM
LOL

You would have homo erotica on deck.. you nasty boy

King_Chief_Fan
10-05-2017, 07:52 AM
He is making a good case for remaining the starting qb for the Chiefs.
It wont hurt Mahomes to sit another season

threebag
10-05-2017, 07:59 AM
Should have been a thumbs up not down.

kcchiefsus
10-05-2017, 09:03 AM
He is making a good case for remaining the starting qb for the Chiefs.
It wont hurt Mahomes to sit another season

Again, it's more than just Mahomes. Smith requires a solid to elite team around him to be successful, and with his cap number we don't have the cap room or draft picks to keep around our own players or add more pieces.

Sandy Vagina
10-05-2017, 09:26 AM
Again, it's more than just Mahomes. Smith requires a solid to elite team around him to be successful, and with his cap number we don't have the cap room or draft picks to keep around our own players or add more pieces.

For this hypothetical, they can pull it off for another year, if they really wanted to. They wouldn't be able to do much in FA. Bennie Logan and Colquitt are the only FAs of concern.

If he did stay on at his final year, 20.6 mil cap figure..

Bailey would probably have to be released. Tamba Hali, definitely gone. Between the two, that opens up 13 mil.

Add 2 mil for Incompletius Harris being axed.
Ware could be cut for 1.5 mil and change.
D.J is set to count 10.2 mil against the cap, but it might be worth keeping, lol.

Not saying it would be a busy offseason. It would be really tight, but they could open up money with clever contract adjustments.

tl;dr
All in all, maybe they don't really need to add or do much else to the roster to enjoy another very strong year of success.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
10-05-2017, 09:47 AM
Rising cap, restructure opportunity for Smith, current rookies replacing aging expensive vets... At the core positions we are set for next seasons roster, not having to pay for a first round player. We are fine and most GMs would kill for this opportunity

kcchiefsus
10-05-2017, 10:40 AM
Rising cap, restructure opportunity for Smith, current rookies replacing aging expensive vets... At the core positions we are set for next seasons roster, not having to pay for a first round player. We are fine and most GMs would kill for this opportunity

Which takes me back to the point that regardless of how he does in the regular season, the determining factor should be the postseason. If we go one and done then it should be an easy decision. A 1-4 playoff record with the only win being against Brian Hoyer isn't going to cut it. If he makes it to the AFC championship game but loses it's a little more difficult of a decision. Make it to a super bowl and win or lose, I agree that he would likely get one more year. But no matter what an extension should be out of the question.

Hammock Parties
10-05-2017, 04:49 PM
THIS is the kind of chart I want to see from Alex.

8 for 12 on passes over 10 yards and 5 for 7 on passes over 15.

You're not getting the deep ball every week so that intermediate game is key.

https://charts-cdn-a.nextgenstats.nfl.com/static-charts/900/pass-chart_SMI031126_2017-reg-4_1507002852826.jpeg

Hammock Parties
10-05-2017, 04:56 PM
This is Aaron Rodgers chart vs Cincy.

Uhhhh...7 for 10 over 10 yards and 4 for 7 over 15.

Alex Smith > Aaron Rodgers

https://charts-cdn-a.nextgenstats.nfl.com/static-charts/900/pass-chart_ROD339293_2017-reg-3_1506300242143.jpeg

Fish
10-05-2017, 07:41 PM
THIS is the kind of chart I want to see from Alex.

8 for 12 on passes over 10 yards and 5 for 7 on passes over 15.

You're not getting the deep ball every week so that intermediate game is key.

https://charts-cdn-a.nextgenstats.nfl.com/static-charts/900/pass-chart_SMI031126_2017-reg-4_1507002852826.jpeg

That is impressive. Gotta give Smith credit.

JohnnyV13
10-05-2017, 09:41 PM

I think the best approach is to remember we're fans and just enjoy the ride. It's fun to "call our shot", but it's not like any of us are GM's, or in a position to aspire to be GM's (with apologies to any young gun reading this with a college football player pedigree, sports management degree, a law degree, and an NFL scouting internship).

RunKC
10-05-2017, 09:52 PM
Tony G stated this and I agree with it. Alex looked like Aaron Rodgers vs the Redskins. Pass after pass downfield that were just beautiful, including that last one.

He willed this team back when the run game was not working and the OL was struggling.

Major props to Alex and I hope to God he keeps it up.

thegame214
10-05-2017, 10:07 PM
That's gonna be a sweet draft pick we get for Alex this offseason :)

DaFace
10-05-2017, 10:11 PM
That's gonna be a sweet draft pick we get for Alex this offseason :)

In all seriousness, it's going to be fascinating to see what the team does next offseason if Alex does really well this year. I mean, just for a hypothetical, say we get to (but don't win) the Super Bowl this year, and he's one of the big reasons why. Do you still trade him?

Obviously we have a long way to go before that's even a question (and we could easily lose in the first round of the playoffs and I wouldn't be surprised), but it's fun to think about.

SDChiefs
10-05-2017, 10:48 PM
Alex has played great this year. This last game I gave up on him in the first quarter expecting Alex to revert to his old self. I had to eat crow. With tapatio it ain't bad. It took PMII to light a fire under his ass but it worked. But barring PMII reverting to Bray status, he's gone next year.

penbrook
10-05-2017, 10:53 PM
That is impressive. Gotta give Smith credit.

The throw he threw to Kelce in double coverage behind him for 20 something Yards was what the old Alex never makes.

penbrook
10-05-2017, 10:55 PM
Remember we also have about 10 mil of roll over money from this to next year and the rising cap room that Tigger pointed out will give us roughly another 5-7 mil. DJ will probably take another pay cut. No way he plays for 8.5 mil next year and honestly he probably will take another pay cut. He’s always been a team player

Hammock Parties
10-06-2017, 09:57 AM
This is a really good throw. I thought Kelce was a lot more wide open. Alex let his balls hang out here.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Love the Kelce TD. Alex holds the S w/ his eyes and makes the throw even though the coverage is there. Trusts Kelce to win, which he should. <a href="https://t.co/GFf3NiBxl1">pic.twitter.com/GFf3NiBxl1</a></p>&mdash; Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) <a href="https://twitter.com/RealMNchiefsfan/status/915414129535483905?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 4, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

O.city
10-06-2017, 10:07 AM
Travis was open there as well and he took the deeper guy

Cool to see

Hammock Parties
10-06-2017, 10:28 AM
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Missed this live. Alex uses a subtle fake to get the LB (50) to jump Kelce&#39;s route, which is short of the sticks, so he can go to Wilson. <a href="https://t.co/8ofrXlu3dH">pic.twitter.com/8ofrXlu3dH</a></p>&mdash; Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) <a href="https://twitter.com/RealMNchiefsfan/status/915418118201266176?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 4, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Rausch
10-06-2017, 10:45 AM
This is a really good throw. I thought Kelce was a lot more wide open. Alex let his balls hang out here.

They finally dropped this year...skip to the 5 minute mark...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/G2JaYT2vYAg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

A8bil
10-06-2017, 11:11 AM

Hunt's effort at a block there was just pathetic. He needs to get better. Looks like he held the defender too...lucky no penalty was called.

RobBlake
10-06-2017, 11:12 AM
If alex was supervowl you either sell high or hope for back to back and keep him

Rausch
10-06-2017, 11:16 AM
If alex was supervowl you either sell high or hope for back to back and keep him

Verhaps we do...

penbrook
10-06-2017, 11:28 AM
Hunt's effort at a block there was just pathetic. He needs to get better. Looks like he held the defender too...lucky no penalty was called.

That’s why West is in for most of the third down plays. Look at the play when Alex almost got sacked in the endzone but connected with Kelce for 35. West picked up a blitzed perfectly!

JENKINSWINS
10-06-2017, 02:15 PM
I know this was before the injury, but Derek Carr?

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4K_gzUhTDpU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hammock Parties
10-07-2017, 07:44 PM
god damn look at this handsome stud

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DLk9zjrUEAA_xB_.jpg:large

MAG
10-07-2017, 07:50 PM
jesus what a hottie

Pablo
10-07-2017, 08:05 PM
Yeah he is playing at a very high level. Definitely fun to watch.

Ming the Merciless
10-07-2017, 08:16 PM

You think?

I think if he wins the super bowl we just cut him...

Durrrr

threebag
10-07-2017, 08:27 PM
You think?

Durrrr

The :o)Planet Dream

Ming the Merciless
10-07-2017, 08:30 PM
The :o)Planet Dream

Actually that is your suicide caused by us cutting Alex Smith after he gets pulled from the super bowl while down by 14 and Mahomes comes in and wins

threebag
10-07-2017, 08:31 PM
Actually that is your suicide caused by us cutting Alex Smith after he gets pulled from the super bowl while down by 14 and Mahomes comes in and wins

Another :o)Planet Dream

ChiefsCountry
10-07-2017, 08:38 PM
god damn look at this handsome stud

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DLk9zjrUEAA_xB_.jpg:large

I like the jacket, shirt, tie and pocket square. Don't care for the pants.

stevieray
10-07-2017, 08:40 PM
Whitlock thinks he's going to play lights out all season.

Ming the Merciless
10-07-2017, 09:45 PM

oh no

kiss of death for sure

penbrook
10-07-2017, 10:40 PM

MJD picked the Chiefs to beat the Pats and what do you know boom we win. He picked A Smitty as his MVP after the first game and boom so far throughout 4 games he is the league MVP. MJD psychic?

TigeRRUppeRRcut
10-07-2017, 10:49 PM
Glad he's not growing out his beard

penbrook
10-07-2017, 10:50 PM
People are saying Trade Alex. How about he takes a pay cut of around 5 mil. He makes 20 mil next year. 15 a mil he would be helping this team just like how Brady does it almost every year.

Mav
10-08-2017, 02:15 AM
It all depends on WHERE Andy thinks Mahomes is. I truly don't believe anything Alex does will decide that.

RobBlake
10-08-2017, 05:03 PM
You think?

Durrrr

$$$$ dumb fuck

Ming the Merciless
10-08-2017, 05:13 PM
$$$$ dumb ****

so let me get this straight youre saying if we win the superbowl two good options might be:

1) keep him

or

2) not keep him

am I getting this genious post correctly?

splatbass
10-08-2017, 05:27 PM

Rofl. You really think a rookie that hasn't played a meaningful down yet in the NFL could come in on footballs biggest stage and do better than Alex Smith? Drinking early today?