PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Ten Things About Tonight's Game: Week 4, KC 29 WAS 20

gblowfish
10-02-2017, 11:51 PM
Ten Things About Tonight’s Game: Week 4 KC 29 WAS 20

10. It’s a few minutes after Midnight KC time, I just got home. I’m going to have to be somewhat brief, as I must get up in six hours to do the work thing. I’ll have to pop a couple Melatonin and Advil, as I’m really keyed up and kinda beat up. It’s been a very long, stressful day for a number of reasons.

9. First thing when I woke up this morning, I turned on the TV to see the overnight news about Las Vegas. I sat on the edge of the bed and watched CNN for about 30 minutes, then had to do the speed shower, then off to work. Tried to get a fair day’s work in before leaving OPKS around 2:30pm; got home; looked at my phone and it said Tom Petty was dead. Got bummed out, I love Petty. Loaded up the car, headed out for Arrowhead with Mrs. Blowfish with this general sense of dread. It had been a bad day for America; a bad day for music; and now the joy of the Chiefs being the only undefeated team in the NFL was being muted by the day's bad news. Mrs. Blowfish and I relaxed in the car with the AC on. I took a little nap. Had a couple pops and a sammich, then when we headed in around 6:15. The walk in the parking lot was pretty amazing . It was a beautiful, perfect evening with an almost full moon over the East End Zone. Tailgate after tailgate, people were listening to Tom Petty. It was awesome. They played lots of Petty in the stadium during the commercial time outs too, including “I Won’t Back Down” after the game was over. This one was a nail biter and a brawl all the way, and I had a feeling during the entire second half that the last team with the ball would win. I was right.

8. I know a lot of you like sideline observations, so I’ll give you a few. The Canadian Doc looks like he’s hurt bad. They took him out of the blue pop up Coleman Injury Tent, put him on a Gator, and drove him off to the East End Zone tunnel. He had his head in his hands and looked like he was in a lot of pain. I did see Mitch Morse during warmups in his street clothes, and hopefully he’ll be back in another week or two. If we can get him back we could move Fulton to guard and Morse back to center. But the O Line is going to be dinged up and dangerously thin for the foreseeable future.

7. The Peters Giveth, and the Peters Taketh Away. Peters just flat got beat on the first bomb bad by Pryor. At halftime I didn’t feel too bad, because all the defense had given up was the Peters Bomb and a field goal in the first quarter. In the second half, Cousins got Vernon Davis isolated on Houston and he rambled for 69 yards; Peters tried to bring the guy down but got spun around and ran the totally wrong direction. Then shortly thereafter he got beat for another TD by Grant. When he came off the field. he took his helmet off, and started kicking the blue cart with all the internet sideline stuff. He kicked it hard four or five times. He played his worst game in recent memory. He had four tackles and gave up 14 points. Terrence Mitchell also had four tackles and broke up a big slant pass in the second half that stopped a Redskin drive. So Mitchell was the dominant corner this week. Peters will bounce back, he has too much pride to play like he played tonight.

6. At the end of the first quarter, I looked at the stat board in the stadium. The Redskins had the ball for about 14 of the 15 minutes. KC’s offensive production was -9 yards passing (Alex sacked) and 2 yards rushing. After that, the Chiefs woke up and seemed to relax and just play ball. Kelce’s first catch for 32 yards was key to getting the team moving. Kelce ended up with another 100+ yard receiving night, and had a very tough TD catch to get the team back into the fight. That’s what a team leader does. He also avoided (barely) any conduct penalties this week, after the ref picked up a flag that was thrown on him. He also got whacked real good on a couple of plays, and came out for awhile shaking both of his hands like he may have gotten a shoulder stinger. Think he’ll be OK, he went in and ran the wildcat for a first down after the stinger.

5. Alex is a lot of things, but he is NOT a pussy. Tonight he played a remarkable game. He was our second leading rusher -56 yards-and had one more TD than Kareem the Dream. The Dream had 101 rushing, with most of that coming in the fourth quarter. It seemed that in the final quarter, Skins defenders were dropping like flies, and Hunt just wore their asses out. Hunt has another 20 yards receiving. He’s a bad man, hard to bring down, and shined in the national spotlight outplaying Chris Thompson, who ran amok on the Raiders last week. But against our Defense, Thompson could only get 23 yards. Alex got beat up pretty good again -sacked four times- and he took a lot of hits after getting rid of the ball. But he out threw Cousins in total passing yards completing 73% of his passes and had NO Picks. Bravo, great job by Alex.

4. When they brought in this Butt Kicker Guy, I was having bad flashbacks about the Kicker Who Will Remain Nameless, and how he personally ruined one of Marty’s best teams and best seasons. But the kid wins the specials award. All his kickoffs boomed in both directions. The field goal attempt he missed at the end of the first half had plenty of leg. He just pushed it a bit left. Also the snap was a little low, and Colquitt set the ball very quickly at the last possible moment. Kid kicked the big one after being iced, and you couldn’t help but feel great for him winning his first big NFL game like that. I hope he’ll be good for us. He sure was tonight.

3. No sacks for the defense tonight. Lots of credit to the Redskins for that. Their offensive line is very good. Cousins was impressive. These two teams are very much mirror images of each other. I haven’t had a chance to watch the broadcast -I’ll do that Tuesday- but I wonder how Gruden handled being a color commentator with his brother coaching one of the teams? As I said before, I was afraid we were going to give up a TD inside the last two minutes and lose, but the defense held the fort, with just enough time for Alex and Albert Wilson to get the ball close enough for the winning kick. Remember how we lost to Tennessee last year when Succop beat us on a last second kick? Nice to return the favor for a change.

2. Andy did a great job coaching after the first quarter. If you look at the final game stats, KC ended up winning TOP, had more yards passing, more yards rushing, almost twice as many first downs, only three penalties and NO turnovers. I thought it was pretty funny that Houston scored a TD on the last desperation play to screw up all the gamblers, turning a 3 point win into a 9 point win to beat the 7 point spread. That’s why I don’t gamble on this stuff.

1. I took some pictures at the game on my phone, I’ll try to load some up on Tuesday. Right now I must go nite nite as it’s getting late for and old and grumpy Mr. Blowfish. Long day, tough day for a lot of people. Grateful for the distraction the game provided tonight -it really was a fabulous game for the whole nation to watch- and grateful that we are the last team standing in the NFL that's undefeated. I’m a bit worried about a certain QB in Houston wanting to remind us that we could have picked him instead of Mahomie. It will be a short and interesting week, and hopefully a more peaceful week.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
10-02-2017, 11:53 PM
Was waiting to read this before going to bed. My night is now complete

kcchiefsus
10-02-2017, 11:54 PM
Jay Gruden is his brother, not his son.

gblowfish
10-02-2017, 11:55 PM

Duly noted, fixed. Sorry I'm sleeeeepy.

scho63
10-02-2017, 11:57 PM
I'll read tomorrow but you and Mrs Blowfish made TV at the end of the broadcast as they cut to the players going into the tunnel and I saw Mrs Blowfish standing and you sitting next to her.

kcchiefsus
10-02-2017, 11:59 PM
Duly noted, fixed. Sorry I'm sleeeeepy.

No worries, just letting you know. Thanks for the write up, always appreciated.

big nasty kcnut
10-03-2017, 12:11 AM
Great read George. Also to note that Houston had the play of the game at the end.

mnchiefsguy
10-03-2017, 12:15 AM
Great read about a great victory.

Thanks George!

lcarus
10-03-2017, 12:20 AM
Peters got shoved on that first TD. It was definitely enough to take him away from the interception/deflection. The refs really don't want to call offensive PI this year I guess, because it's happened blatantly to us several teams already this season.

Oh Snap
10-03-2017, 12:21 AM
How was arrowhead and the fans?

Titty Meat
10-03-2017, 12:24 AM
George you've had tickets for a billion years where do you rank this season so far? It seems so different (in a good way)

10-03-2017, 12:32 AM
Great read as always

BigOlChiefsfan
10-03-2017, 12:37 AM
Good job. Had to work, checked scores on the PC every 10 minutes or so. This helps.

Why Not?
10-03-2017, 12:52 AM
Great read, per usual. I agree, today sucked but at least we had a nice ending.

Marcellus
10-03-2017, 03:43 AM
Good stuff as usual George! 4-0!

Danguardace
10-03-2017, 04:11 AM
One thing I will add Charcandrick West looked a lot better this week, as a role player if he can be a consistent threat to catch the ball on 3rd downs he will be a nice compliment to Hunt.

On that note Demetrius Harris was damn awful 2 drops . Akeem Hunt dropped a screen also.

farmerchief
10-03-2017, 05:17 AM
Peters got shoved on that first TD. It was definitely enough to take him away from the interception/deflection. The refs really don't want to call offensive PI this year I guess, because it's happened blatantly to us several teams already this season.
He did get beat on the play, but recovered enough I think he was in position to deflect the ball or at least get a hand in to make the catch tougher, BUT he did get pushed, not much, but just enough to throw him off balance and out of the play.

Red Beans
10-03-2017, 05:36 AM
Nice work, George.

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-03-2017, 05:47 AM
Yes ,our new kicker is now called ButtKicker.

HIChief
10-03-2017, 05:56 AM
Thank you for the great sum up. I watched the game in a Subway sandwich shop here in Japan! They had it live on a flat screen in the dining room.
Whew, that was close!
By the way Mr Gblowfish, I've been meaning to thank you for the tips for attending the Christmas night game last year. What a perfect game it was to introduce my new wife to NFL Football! What a perfect Christmas too! I've asked Santa for just a bit more this year though! ")

GloryDayz
10-03-2017, 05:58 AM
#9 bothers me.... Somebody as awesome as you should be the guest of honor at any/all tailgates. If we were still STHs, we'd have two chairs reserved for you...

Trivers
10-03-2017, 06:02 AM
One of the post game highlights.

Thank you Sir!

InChiefsHeaven
10-03-2017, 06:05 AM
What a game. I was exhausted, but the finish made me smile and it was hard to go to sleep. Great write up as always George!

Kman34
10-03-2017, 06:12 AM
Great write up as usual.... RIP Tom ...

KCUnited
10-03-2017, 06:12 AM
For as bad as our offense started out, Washington's D wanted none by the end of the game. The in-game adjustments were impressive, Smith balled out, KC cleaned up the penalties, guys like Wilson stepped up, 8-13 on 3rd down...that was gut a performance last night considering how many guys were nicked up and how physical the game was. I really enjoy watching this Chiefs team.

Chiefnj2
10-03-2017, 07:12 AM
Great write up.

One thing you didn't mention was the clock mismanagement and losing yardage at the end. Yikes, that was a little ugly and too reminiscent of playoff games.

Sandy Vagina
10-03-2017, 07:23 AM
Great read about a great victory.

Thanks George!

This ^

a fair and enjoyable read. Go Chiefs! :thumb:

TEX
10-03-2017, 07:28 AM
For as bad as our offense started out, Washington's D wanted none by the end of the game. The in-game adjustments were impressive, Smith balled out, KC cleaned up the penalties, guys like Wilson stepped up, 8-13 on 3rd down...that was gut a performance last night considering how many guys were nicked up and how physical the game was. I really enjoy watching this Chiefs team.

This.

I like the fact that if it's close, they'll find a way to win it way more times than they won't.

Buehler445
10-03-2017, 07:41 AM
Great read George. Get some rest, sir.

I may have to rewatch it because I have no idea how Washington went from absolutely dominating us on defense to getting big holes for Hunt and time for Smith. It was...weird.

The other thing that was interesting is Washington HITS. It kind of reminds us how much the game has changed. Everybody used to hit like that now virtually no one does.
And the good thing about it is it didn't seem to get to anybody. The only guy out of his game was Peters and I don't think it was the physicality. How many teams we've fielded would have taken some hits like that and folded up? I laughed when Kelce applauded Norman for smoking him. I wish he would have held on to it, but it's nice to see him not be totally mememememememe like most guys. He seems like a really positive dude.

Reid did an excellent job. The Reid haters won't ever hear about it, but the clock was on point, playcalling was good, he worked them over with Hunt, the cute stuff worked, and whether or not he deserves credit, our guys got hit in the mouth and went to work. How does that feel Del Rio, you sisterfucking shitheel? Plus, Reid has some GIANT balls to not try and go for the end zone with a rookie kicker in his debut on MNF after shanking an easy boot. I would have been swinging for the fences and probably got Alex killed and knocked out of FG range. Major props to Reid.

It's nice to have a tough football team. I hate the injuries, but this is a game many a Chiefs teams would have lost.

:rockon:

loochy
10-03-2017, 07:52 AM
I may have to rewatch it because I have no idea how Washington went from absolutely dominating us on defense to getting big holes for Hunt and time for Smith. It was...weird.

They were losing players to injuries at an alarming rate. It seemed like every series they were losing someone. It made quite a difference.

The other thing that was interesting is Washington HITS. It kind of reminds us how much the game has changed. Everybody used to hit like that now virtually no one does.
And the good thing about it is it didn't seem to get to anybody. The only guy out of his game was Peters and I don't think it was the physicality. How many teams we've fielded would have taken some hits like that and folded up?

They folded themselves up a few times. Some of their guys that tried to make big hits ended up on the sideline for the rest of the game. Maybe they should tone it down a bit.

SAUTO
10-03-2017, 07:52 AM
Great read once again george

Bwana
10-03-2017, 07:54 AM
Excellent read George, thanks as always.

displacedinMN
10-03-2017, 08:05 AM
Thanks George. Professional as always after a late night.

If you want, you can come for Parent Conferences tonight. 12 hours at school-Yippie.

Sandy Vagina
10-03-2017, 08:08 AM
Drinking coffee.. chasing away the hangover.. looked to me like Smith got horse-collar tackled at the end of the 2nd half, on that long Smith run. Too bad no flag there.

The FG miss was inexcusable, but not for Butker. Sure, he should have hit it anyway, but the offense did a shit job of managing those seconds. They rushed it.

This is 3 out of the 4 games that KC came in.. got combo punched bloody, yet shook it off to turn things around.

8-13 on 3rd down conversions. No turnovers. Only THREE penalties!

Fisher had plenty of struggles, but props to him for gritting out the injury. When I saw Devey in there, oh boy.. thought we were ****ed.. but the OL really stepped up later in the game.

JENKINSWINS
10-03-2017, 08:31 AM
1 thing that stood out to me was what Steve Young said about the locker room, specifically the QBs. He mentioned that the relationship between Alex and Mahomes wasn't toxic. This was a shot at the 49ers and Kap. Kap's mentality was to take Alex's job rather than learn from him, and in the grand scheme of things it was also Harbaugh's intent. The way Reid and the Chiefs are handling this same situation is how it should've been done. Kudos to them!

Dr GoodFeel
10-03-2017, 08:32 AM
One Huge Help to the Chiefs was the lack of Penalties against them. Only 3 compared to the previous games was a Huge Improvement!

The Redskins also helped us a few times with Penalties of their own! Thank You Redskins!

WhiteWhale
10-03-2017, 08:35 AM
1 thing that stood out to me was what Steve Young said about the locker room, specifically the QBs. He mentioned that the relationship between Alex and Mahomes wasn't toxic. This was a shot at the 49ers and Kap. Kap's mentality was to take Alex's job rather than learn from him, and in the grand scheme of things it was also Harbaugh's intent. The way Reid and the Chiefs are handling this same situation is how it should've been done. Kudos to them!

What are you talking about?

Kaep and Smith had a great relationship and have never said a single bad word about each other while always heaping praise.

Steve Young was probably referencing his OWN situation. He and Joe Montana hated each other. When the 49ers invite them both for events, only one of them will be there. There's STILL bad mojo between them.

noa
10-03-2017, 08:39 AM
Yeah, when LDT went down and we quickly got a false start, I though here we go, another game with a bunch of dumb penalties. But they really got it under control, and it certainly helped that the Redskins had a couple tough calls against them.

It was good to see Kelce be a point of emphasis again, and hopefully next week we can take a couple deep shots with Hill. We didn't take those chances here.

CaliforniaChief
10-03-2017, 08:59 AM
Thanks for posting, George!

Our family had such a blast last night. Of course the win made it all good, but the experience was amazing.

We perused the Hall of Honor for a few minutes then headed down to the field to watch stretching/warmups.

Got to see Whit Merrifield and Drew Butera on the field. Also good looks at DJ, Justin Houston, and Patrick Mahomes. We were sitting really high up, but I can proudly report that NONE of the five of us have our voices this morning. My kids literally yelled and screamed and pounded the chairs in front of them every time the defense was on the field. Proud dad!

Anyways, gonna check out the Negro Leagues Museum, do Joe's KC and explore a bit today before flying back to So. Cal tomorrow.

Great game, great experience. Go CHIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEFS!!!!!

otherstar
10-03-2017, 09:00 AM
Great read, George, and Texans week is one of my favorites!! (I like the Texans, but NOT when they play the Chiefs). How appropriate that they played Tom Petty after the game on the night he died.

Halfcan
10-03-2017, 09:01 AM
Great write-up as usual! You have a real way of painting the game in a realistic manner.

Very disappointed in Peters. In a day when most of the country is in mourning- he sits on the bench like an asshole. **** you, Peters. You have no sympathy or respect for other Americans, the flag or the National Anthem. Then you go out and get toasted by a rookie. Two TDs and another huge catch- and you top it off by crying about a push off and throwing another sideline tantrum. No, you are not going to get any calls because you are a disrespectful DBag! I noticed your teammates did not come over this time while you were throwing your helmet and kicking shit- I am sure they are as tired of your immaturity as the fans are. Grow up and stop be such a whiney dickhead!

ZOMBO- is the slowest human being I have ever seen. KPass must be terrible if he can't outplay this slug. Some plays he just stood there-doing Nothing.

Kelce- what a game. I thought he was going to get another flag, which would have been a backbreaker. Lucky they picked it up. He is the best Tight End in the NFL-Period.

Alex is the MVP of the NFL right now. Wow, I can't believe I typed that. He is putting this team on his back. Where has this guy been? We can win a Super Bowl with this Alex. Amazing performance tonight. (Except missing a wide open Hill for an easy TD in the 4th) I don't know how he missed him?

Hunt- this kid is incredible. Looked like it was going to be a tough game-he was getting zero blocking and getting hit as soon as he touched the ball. Then he kept grinding and wearing them down. He looked fresh after the game like he was ready to go again. Stud!

Butt Kicker- would have had a different nickname if he had missed that game winner.

Please explain why Houston is dropping back almost 60% of the time. We had ZERO pass rush. Why are we giving them mismatches against faster tight ends- and not rushing him?

Andy- another signature win. Coach of the Year so far.

Chiefs are undefeated!!

chiefzilla1501
10-03-2017, 09:11 AM
Good write up as always.

The second half was one of my favorite offensive performances by the Chiefs of all time. It was against a good defense, with a scrappy interior ol, and two warriors in Alex and Kareem that carried the torch in a huge way. It wasn't big plays against a bad defense or out talenting the other team. It was attitude, hitting people in the mouth, execution, and one of the most creative game plans I've ever seen from Reid.

The Franchise
10-03-2017, 09:17 AM
Very disappointed in Peters. In a day when most of the country is in mourning- he sits on the bench like an asshole. **** you, Peters. You have no sympathy or respect for other Americans, the flag or the National Anthem. Then you go out and get toasted by a rookie. Two TDs and another huge catch- and you top it off by crying about a push off and throwing another sideline tantrum. No, you are not going to get any calls because you are a disrespectful DBag! I noticed your teammates did not come over this time while you were throwing your helmet and kicking shit- I am sure they are as tired of your immaturity as the fans are. Grow up and stop be such a whiney dickhead!

Pryor isn't a fucking rookie.

Sandy Vagina
10-03-2017, 09:21 AM
Just watched the Demetrius Harris drop #2 on the attempted screen. What an utterly disappointing player he is. So much mismatch potential. :facepalm:

The Franchise
10-03-2017, 09:22 AM
Just watched the Demetrius Harris drop #2 on the attempted screen. What an utterly disappointing player he is. So much mismatch potential. :facepalm:

Dipshit catches balls that you expect him to drop and drops the balls you expect him to catch. I don't get how Smith trusts him at all.

BlackHelicopters
10-03-2017, 09:28 AM
After reading this, the Light appeared . Thanks, George.

FlintHillsChiefs
10-03-2017, 09:37 AM
They were losing players to injuries at an alarming rate. It seemed like every series they were losing someone. It made quite a difference.

They folded themselves up a few times. Some of their guys that tried to make big hits ended up on the sideline for the rest of the game. Maybe they should tone it down a bit.

Yep. At least 2 Washington injuries were from them trying to land a big hit.

jettio
10-03-2017, 09:46 AM
My takeaway from the game is that the Redskins out-physicaled the Raiders and thought they could beat the Chiefs by physically aggressive play.

They definitely looked like the hardest hitting NFL team I have seen this year, but they ended up paying the price and lost more players in the war of attrition.

You have to admire the Chiefs for being able to handle a team that was definitely intending to out-physical them. Chiefs are a physcially tough team even if they do not get as many highlight film hits as the Redskins did.

Redskins might want to slow their roll on trying to beat every team by punching them in the mouth. Playing physically aggressive is also dangerous for the aggressor.

gblowfish
10-03-2017, 09:48 AM
Here's some pics I didn't have time to load last night. I'll put them up chronologically as the night unfolded:

Army parachute team lands at the 50 yard line. Think there was four of them total.

http://i68.tinypic.com/1zdre2u.jpg

Cheerleaders preparing to go out for player introductions. They like to touch the motivational slogan painted on the wall:

http://i64.tinypic.com/c7rk9.jpg

Pregame fireworks, little scoreboard on East Side:
http://i63.tinypic.com/ivvm93.jpg

View from my seats right before National Anthem. We took in our own flags on this occasion:

http://i65.tinypic.com/260twgm.jpg

Decibel Up!
http://i65.tinypic.com/5eelnq.jpg

MNF Camera Guy in the cat bird seat:
http://i64.tinypic.com/1zh1glf.jpg

Peters sulking on the bench after giving up TD #2. This is after he called some fan in the stands a bitch. Sorry guys, it wasn't me...

http://i67.tinypic.com/33k7uhx.jpg

KChiefs1
10-03-2017, 09:51 AM
Great as usual.

gblowfish
10-03-2017, 09:54 AM
Thanks for posting, George!

Our family had such a blast last night. Of course the win made it all good, but the experience was amazing.

We perused the Hall of Honor for a few minutes then headed down to the field to watch stretching/warmups.

Got to see Whit Merrifield and Drew Butera on the field. Also good looks at DJ, Justin Houston, and Patrick Mahomes. We were sitting really high up, but I can proudly report that NONE of the five of us have our voices this morning. My kids literally yelled and screamed and pounded the chairs in front of them every time the defense was on the field. Proud dad!

Anyways, gonna check out the Negro Leagues Museum, do Joe's KC and explore a bit today before flying back to So. Cal tomorrow.

Great game, great experience. Go CHIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEFS!!!!!

WWI Monument and museum is pretty awesome. If you like college basketball go to the College Basketball Museum in the Sprint Center.

scho63
10-03-2017, 09:57 AM
Ten Things About Tonight’s Game: Week 4 KC 29 WAS 20

8. But the O Line is going to be dinged up and dangerously thin for the foreseeable future.
The OLine started out really poorly but they fixed things as the game went on. Seemed like the Skins came out all juiced up and then they burnt themselves out while the Chiefs got stronger. We are FINISHING games strong!

7. The Peters Giveth, and the Peters Taketh Away.
He had one of his poorest games for sure. Let up two TD's and then he got completely turned around on that Vernon Jordan catch and run giving up another 25-30 yards. He got a slight stiff arm by Pryor on the first TD bomb just like Michael Irvin made famous as a Cowboy.

6. Kelce ended up with another 100+ yard receiving night.
He had a great game all the way around

5. Alex is a lot of things, but he is NOT a pussy.
No doubt and while it was a risky play to try and juke the last Redskin defender after he stayed inbounds for an extra 20 yards, I liked his thinking because if it worked it would have been a TD. Alex took an early beating but maintained his composure.
He also tossed a Billy Kilmer pass to Albert Wilson on the run that was incredible play from start to finish. Albert Wilson was great.

4. When they brought in this Butt Kicker Guy, I was having bad flashbacks about the Kicker Who Will Remain Nameless.
I felt for sure that as a Chiefs fan since 1970 and seeing all the crazy shit we have witnessed in unique ways to lose, I just knew in my gut that the new rookie kicker would come into play somewhere and probably late in the game. He came through and kudos to Veach for quickly getting this guy!

3. No sacks for the defense tonight.
This remains a big problem for us. Our opponents have TOO much time to throw in every game and our QB is always under pressure quickly. Need a few more better timed blitzes.

2. Andy did a great job coaching after the first quarter.
He may be one of the top 3 coaches in the NFL in making adjustments during the game and at halftime.

1. I’m a bit worried about a certain QB in Houston wanting to remind us that we could have picked him instead of Mahomie.
We can't allow them to get out to a big lead on us or else we are dead. Must start better than tonight for sure. Houston needs to stay as a spy on Watson or else he will run wild.

Glad you got to watch that and it sounded incredibly loud on TV. Not too many empty seats that I saw. Redskins fans were hard to find in that sea of red and the fact their uniforms are close in color to our made it even harder to spot.

Like I mentioned earlier, Mrs. Blowfish and you were on TV last night near the end of the broadcast as the players were heading into the tunnel.

ONLY 3 PENALTIES LAST NIGHT WAS HUGE!

This week's heroes:

Alex Smith
Kareem Hunt
Albert Wilson-big help
Terrance Mitchell
Travis Kelce
Eric Fisher playing hurt
Handsome Buttlicker

This week's zeroes:

Marcus Peters-probably worse game since his kicking the football into the stands game where he lost his mind
Demetrius Harris-guy sucked tonight
Frank Zombo-guy's an obstacle

Thanks for the quick turnaround on this and we have another Primte Time game next week so I like that! :clap:

scho63
10-03-2017, 10:00 AM
Yep. At least 2 Washington injuries were from them trying to land a big hit.

My takeaway from the game is that the Redskins out-physicaled the Raiders and thought they could beat the Chiefs by physically aggressive play.

They definitely looked like the hardest hitting NFL team I have seen this year, but they ended up paying the price and lost more players in the war of attrition.

You have to admire the Chiefs for being able to handle a team that was definitely intending to out-physical them. Chiefs are a physcially tough team even if they do not get as many highlight film hits as the Redskins did.

Redskins might want to slow their roll on trying to beat every team by punching them in the mouth. Playing physically aggressive is also dangerous for the aggressor.

No doubt about it! :clap::clap::clap:

Deberg_1990
10-03-2017, 10:11 AM
I hope Peters isn't losing the mental edge and starting to let fans get under his skin for sitting?

No matter what your feelings about that are, I think we can all agree we NEED him to play up to his potential

gblowfish
10-03-2017, 10:19 AM
George you've had tickets for a billion years where do you rank this season so far? It seems so different (in a good way)

Well, it's one of the best so far since King Carl left. Too early to tell, worried about Alex getting through unscathed.

Reerun_KC
10-03-2017, 10:30 AM
I hope Peters isn't losing the mental edge and starting to let fans get under his skin for sitting?

No matter what your feelings about that are, I think we can all agree we NEED him to play up to his potential

He got smoked on that first drive.

Trying to find the push off every was talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deberg_1990
10-03-2017, 10:33 AM
Well, it's one of the best so far since King Carl left. Too early to tell, worried about Alex getting through unscathed.

I'm a bigger fan of Smiths than most around here. I think they could survive a game or two without him, but they absolutely need him for the most important games.

He brings so many little things to this table. Just the stuff like his voice inflections last night to draw the Skins offsides. Saavy veteran that knows what it takes to win games

Pasta Little Brioni
10-03-2017, 11:30 AM
He got smoked on that first drive.

Trying to find the push off every was talking about.

You fly a damn plane and are this blind....just saying

gblowfish
10-03-2017, 11:46 AM
You fly a damn plane and are this blind....just saying

He's flying on instruments.

I think the reason Peters got beat on the bomb is he just mis-timed his jump. Pryor was a lot taller, and the ball was perfectly thrown. Just one of those things, corners are gonna get roasted sometimes. Happens to all of them.

Halfcan
10-03-2017, 12:00 PM

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2017/10/3/16409132/chiefs-marcus-peters-who-gave-up-two-tds-said-he-was-hella-weak-against-the-redskins

Chiefs’ Marcus Peters, who gave up two TDs, said he was “hella weak” against the Redskins
by Joel Thorman@ArrowheadPride Oct 3, 2017, 9:10am CDT
Presented By
TWEET

PIN

REC
By the time I got to the locker room after the Chiefs win over the Redskins last night, the Chiefs PR team was saying that Marcus Peters was done with his interview so I didn’t get a chance to even see it. However, I listened to his postgame interview on 610. You can listen to parts of it here.

Peters, who uncharacteristically gave up two touchdowns on Monday night, answered a few questions that I heard on the radio.

On the Redskins going after him (PFF had Peters with four receptions allowed on five targets including two touchdowns):

“Hell no, they wasn’t attacking me. I killed my damn self, you feel me? I should have kept back pedaling on that first touchdown. Got a little push in the back but it’s the game of football. I came out and I was hella weak today. I gave up two (touchdowns). But shit we came out with a victory so I’m gonna take it as a learning experience. We’re gonna chalk it up, go in the meeting room and then, you feel me, kick back, chill and relax.”

On forcing the fumble that led to the Justin Houston touchdown:

“That made my game from hella weak to weak, you feel me? I’m not hella weak, I’m just weak this week. Next week I’ll get back on my shit though so yeah.”

On TV cameras catching him yelling something to the stands:

“You know what happened? I’m finna go get loaded.”

What a hella idiot. :rolleyes:

Deberg_1990
10-03-2017, 12:03 PM

I think the reason Peters got beat on the bomb is he just mis-timed his jump. Pryor was a lot taller, and the ball was perfectly thrown. Just one of those things, corners are gonna get roasted sometimes. Happens to all of them.

He got beat by a former QB. ROFL

In fairness, Pryor is Huge for a WR so he's going to beat a lot of CBs

TigeRRUppeRRcut
10-03-2017, 12:11 PM
With Peters and Kelce you have to take the good with the bad. Criticizing him for one bad performance or for political reasons is just dumb

Pitt Gorilla
10-03-2017, 12:20 PM

I think the reason Peters got beat on the bomb is he just mis-timed his jump. Pryor was a lot taller, and the ball was perfectly thrown. Just one of those things, corners are gonna get roasted sometimes. Happens to all of them.Agreed. Great throw and Peters didn't get the jump.

I like how ButtKicker and Hunt had similar debuts. F up the first touch, money after that.

Pitt Gorilla
10-03-2017, 12:22 PM
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2017/10/3/16409132/chiefs-marcus-peters-who-gave-up-two-tds-said-he-was-hella-weak-against-the-redskins

Chiefs’ Marcus Peters, who gave up two TDs, said he was “hella weak” against the Redskins
by Joel Thorman@ArrowheadPride Oct 3, 2017, 9:10am CDT
Presented By
TWEET

PIN

REC
By the time I got to the locker room after the Chiefs win over the Redskins last night, the Chiefs PR team was saying that Marcus Peters was done with his interview so I didn’t get a chance to even see it. However, I listened to his postgame interview on 610. You can listen to parts of it here.

Peters, who uncharacteristically gave up two touchdowns on Monday night, answered a few questions that I heard on the radio.

On the Redskins going after him (PFF had Peters with four receptions allowed on five targets including two touchdowns):

“Hell no, they wasn’t attacking me. I killed my damn self, you feel me? I should have kept back pedaling on that first touchdown. Got a little push in the back but it’s the game of football. I came out and I was hella weak today. I gave up two (touchdowns). But shit we came out with a victory so I’m gonna take it as a learning experience. We’re gonna chalk it up, go in the meeting room and then, you feel me, kick back, chill and relax.”

On forcing the fumble that led to the Justin Houston touchdown:

“That made my game from hella weak to weak, you feel me? I’m not hella weak, I’m just weak this week. Next week I’ll get back on my shit though so yeah.”

On TV cameras catching him yelling something to the stands:

“You know what happened? I’m finna go get loaded.”

What a hella idiot. :rolleyes:Love it. He took responsibility, even though it took good plays to beat him.

Deberg_1990
10-03-2017, 12:22 PM
With Peters and Kelce you have to take the good with the bad. Criticizing him for one bad performance or for political reasons is just dumb

Speaking of Kelce, why did they reverse his unsportsmanlike flag last night? On the replay, it did look like he taunted some. Did they decide it wasn't bad enough for a flag?

gblowfish
10-03-2017, 12:34 PM
Agreed. Great throw and Peters didn't get the jump.

I like how ButtKicker and Hunt had similar debuts. F up the first touch, money after that.

I guess you could say Pryor was just "feelin' him."

Pitt Gorilla
10-03-2017, 12:52 PM
I guess you could say Pryor was just "feelin' him."Watching Pryor, he's a guy I'd love the Chiefs to target. When is he a FA?

Sandy Vagina
10-03-2017, 12:55 PM
Speaking of Kelce, why did they reverse his unsportsmanlike flag last night? On the replay, it did look like he taunted some. Did they decide it wasn't bad enough for a flag?

What I remember thinking. other than shock that they picked the flag up.. was that they determined that Kelce was celebrating the play but not at the expense of the Skins.. as they first suspected. That he accidentally collided in the traffic of Skins players as he celebrated.. but that it was not unsportsmanlike intent.

Frosty
10-03-2017, 01:29 PM
I’m finna go get loaded.”

Does anyone here speak jive?

Sandy Vagina
10-03-2017, 01:37 PM

S'mofo butter layin' me to the bone. :D

Pointer19
10-03-2017, 01:48 PM
This game was way too close for comfort! I'm hoping that this was just a case of a good opponent with a lot of "skin" in the game, but I want to see a cleaner W next week.

MahiMike
10-03-2017, 01:50 PM
I kept thinking about the guys from the UK visiting arrowhead for the first time last night. What an incredible experience it must have been.

jimidollar
10-03-2017, 02:15 PM

"It's like a G-Dog on a fly tip. Flossin' wit da posse. Cuttin' in da crib. WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT MEAN?"

Reerun_KC
10-03-2017, 02:22 PM

Still didn't see this massive shove in the back.

Looks as if it was a great throw and catch.

Don't forget auto-pilot, I use it as well.

Discuss Thrower
10-03-2017, 02:27 PM
I kept thinking about the guys from the UK visiting arrowhead for the first time last night. What an incredible experience it must have been.

Sat next to a trio of dudes who had a Quebec flag with Duvernay-Tardif's name written on it.

gblowfish
10-03-2017, 02:35 PM
S'mofo butter layin' me to the bone. :D

http://i67.tinypic.com/10n84uu.jpg

gblowfish
10-03-2017, 02:37 PM
Sat next to a trio of dudes who had a Quebec flag with Duvernay-Tardif's name written on it.

They must have been seriously bummed. Canadian Doc lasted all of around four plays....

Pitt Gorilla
10-03-2017, 03:35 PM
This game was way too close for comfort! I'm hoping that this was just a case of a good opponent with a lot of "skin" in the game, but I want to see a cleaner W next week.They are a very good team and this is the NFL; every team has talent. It's going to be difficult to blow every team away, even if you're really good.

jallmon
10-03-2017, 03:36 PM

Interesting though that John's son is on Jay's staff. They showed him a bit.

Sandy Vagina
10-03-2017, 05:06 PM
http://i67.tinypic.com/10n84uu.jpg

such a wonderful movie, back in the day... :)

Deberg_1990
10-03-2017, 05:09 PM
Interesting though that John's son is on Jay's staff. They showed him a bit.

Yea, he was ripped. They said he was some kind of weightlifting champion

Best22
10-03-2017, 05:18 PM
This game was way too close for comfort! I'm hoping that this was just a case of a good opponent with a lot of "skin" in the game, but I want to see a cleaner W next week.

This is the NFL

I was thrilled

Pointer19
10-03-2017, 05:54 PM
They are a very good team and this is the NFL; every team has talent. It's going to be difficult to blow every team away, even if you're really good.

This is the NFL

I was thrilled

Right, right. It was a really fun game.

Buehler445
10-03-2017, 06:14 PM
Watching Pryor, he's a guy I'd love the Chiefs to target. When is he a FA?

He's on a 1 year deal

JakeF
10-03-2017, 06:58 PM
I wish Sutton would blitz Houston more instead of dropping him into coverage. He hasn't quite regained all his speed and that shows in a straight line race. Houston belongs in the backfield.

SAUTO
10-03-2017, 07:05 PM
I wish Sutton would blitz Houston more instead of dropping him into coverage. He hasn't quite regained all his speed and that shows in a straight line race. Houston belongs in the backfield.

Houston was never in his life going to be able to run with davis.

O.city
10-03-2017, 07:07 PM
Pryor looks great outside the numbers

Inside I'm not sure

cabletech94
10-03-2017, 07:26 PM
thanks for another great read blowfish.

+1 for a sammich reference.

Buehler445
10-03-2017, 07:49 PM

Davis is really fast running in a straight line. He pretty much sucks at everything else, but he's really fast.

TRR
10-03-2017, 08:47 PM

Kind of funny that KC already had Prior signed, sealed, and delivered. Then once KC cut him, he figured out that he wanted to play WR. Really too bad we could have used someone with his skillset opposite Hill.

DaneMcCloud
10-03-2017, 09:07 PM

LMAO

tmax63
10-04-2017, 04:56 AM
Great read George. Get some rest, sir.

Reid did an excellent job. The Reid haters won't ever hear about it, but the clock was on point, playcalling was good, he worked them over with Hunt, the cute stuff worked, and whether or not he deserves credit, our guys got hit in the mouth and went to work.

:rockon:

I was impressed/surprised that Reid didn't bail on Hunt and start passing non-stop. It seems to me Andy has a knack for forgetting he has a running back quite often.

Sandy Vagina
10-04-2017, 06:24 AM
I was impressed/surprised that Reid didn't bail on Hunt and start passing non-stop. It seems to me Andy has a knack for forgetting he has a running back quite often.

I don't remember what the 2nd half rush count was, but I'd say good point. It did seem like the Chiefs remained balanced, and the numbers reflect this. :)

threebag
10-04-2017, 06:38 AM
Great read Mr. Blowfish. Thank you as always. Go Chiefs!!!