PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs KC Chiefs @ Houston Texans: Chiefs Open up as 1.5 point road favorites

Ming the Merciless
10-03-2017, 08:41 AM
The KC Chiefs are not only undefeated but 4-0 against the spread...

I think all of their games have hit the over as well, but I can't remember for sure.

They open up as 1.5 point favorites on the road , and 47 point o/u

Lets make this 5-0 and beat the spread again! I think only giving up a point and a half seems like a pretty good deal my brochachos....

I think we destroy the spread here.....I'm going in....who is with me?

Ming the Merciless
10-03-2017, 08:42 AM
granted...we would not have beat the spread last time without Justin Houston's miracle / greedy TD at the end but I WILL TAKE IT!!! LOL

BigRedChief
10-03-2017, 08:45 AM
I read on the Texans football board we were going to get beat by 3 touchdowns. Different opinions make America great.

Ming the Merciless
10-03-2017, 08:47 AM
I read on the Texans football board we were going to get beat by 3 touchdowns.

I'd like to see them lay down some cash on that shit!!!

In58men
10-03-2017, 08:53 AM
Cousins ran pretty well on us, I’m a bit nervous about Watson.

carcosa
10-03-2017, 08:55 AM
I read on the Texans football board we were going to get beat by 3 touchdowns. Different opinions make America great.

Lmao. Watson looks good but this D isn't going to let itself get beat by a rookie, and I'm certain Reid will scheme a lot of misdirection and quick passes to compensate for the beat up OL. Their pass rush shouldn't have a chance to get to Alex because the ball will already be gone.

It won't be easy, but I think the Chiefs still win and beat the spread.

carcosa
10-03-2017, 08:55 AM
Cousins ran pretty well on us, I’m a bit nervous about Watson.

You don't expect Cousins to run well on you. Watson's legs should be a focus in the film room all week.

TEX
10-03-2017, 08:56 AM
granted...we would not have beat the spread last time without Justin Houston's miracle / greedy TD at the end but I WILL TAKE IT!!! LOL

Greedy? Nothing "greedy" about it IMO. He was playing on instinct. A defensive guy gets a chance to score, so he did. :shrug:

About KC being the road favorites - That's just to get betting action - I think the reality is that KC is beat up in too many key areas and cant be the actual favorites to win this game.

Dayze
10-03-2017, 09:00 AM
I think last week the Chiefs decided to make Cousins beat us. Aside from a few bigger runs in the 1st qtr, and the somewhat too frequent 1st down run/gash for 4+ yds, I think the Chiefs held their run game in check. Which is what I think they wanted to do.

I don't think, however, they anticipated Cousins escapability - which resulted in what seemed endless conversions / extending drives. (don't know what the exact # is of him converting, but it seemed like a lot).

I think this week they shift focus to trying to keep Watson in the pocket. Hopefully they can generate more pressure against their OL; especially by rushing 3 or 4 and dropping 7/8 into coverage and forcing Watson to make good decisions. Force him to make good decisions all game long. Eventually he'll make a bad decision/bad throw and hopefully we capitalize - either via Turnover or by getting the ball back and rattling off a few 7-10 play, 6-8 minute drives for points.

Ming the Merciless
10-03-2017, 09:56 AM
Greedy? Nothing "greedy" about it IMO. He was playing on instinct. A defensive guy gets a chance to score, so he did. :shrug:

it was a joke....i wouldve done the same thing...lighten up..

Ming the Merciless
10-03-2017, 09:57 AM
I think the reality is that KC is beat up in too many key areas and cant be the actual favorites to win this game.

except they are the actual favorites to win the game

Frazod
10-03-2017, 10:02 AM
I don't like our chances in this game. Short week, coming off a brutal game against a hard hitting defense, too many injuries, and playing a good team on the road.

It also doesn't help that our star CB seems to be going full retard lately in pretty much every way, and we're going up against a guy who threw for four touchdowns last week.

wazu
10-03-2017, 10:33 AM
You don't expect Cousins to run well on you. Watson's legs should be a focus in the film room all week.

Hopefully the film room can somehow make our guys faster over the next week.

Hoover
10-03-2017, 10:34 AM
I think next Sunday night will be a difficult, and if we lose it we lose it.

I really thought the Washington game was critical, since it was at home. Good teams win all their home games and go 500 on the road. So I'm thrilled with where we are at. Plus when you look and see we have a win @NE and vs Philly (3-1) and Washington (2-2) both good teams, there is reason for optimism. It's not like we are the Broncos (3-1) with three wins at home.

I'm actually optomistic about Sunday night. For one, its Sunday Night football, and there is no way this team doesn't come to play. The Skins came into our house and punched us in the nose last night, and yet as the game went on our offense, whith three backup Olinmen were, was punishing that Washington defense. I can't remember a Chiefs team like this.

Secondly, with the game being on Sunday night, I think our stars will come out and play. I think our defense will get some turnovers and make big plays. Watson is talented but he is still a rookie, and lets be honest they have played the Jags, Pats (both losses) and the Bengals and Titans. Umm Watson hasn't met a D quite like ours yet. I also think Hill is due for a breakout game, and what better place than under the lights.

And you can't talk Chiefs without mentioning Hunt. That dude is a beast. That Texans D will have its hands full.

Oh, I know we lost to them last year in Septmber in what was a classic Chiefs FG fest, but before that we had won three straight there, including in the playoffs. It's not like we are walking into a place that's difficult for us to win at.

TEX
10-03-2017, 11:21 AM
except they are the actual favorites to win the game

Maybe in the betting world - as I originally clarified, but it's not in the majority of NFL analysts. Probably not in yours either.

gold_and_red
10-03-2017, 11:22 AM
I think Houston wins it on a last second FG. Our D which has been bending all season cannot hold on the final possession. But this team seems to play better on the road than at home!
It will be good to get a loss out of the way and go on a four game winning streak after that, 8-1 is possible at the bye.

TEX
10-03-2017, 11:26 AM
it was a joke....i wouldve done the same thing...lighten up..

Gotcha - I mistook your statement as being serious.

Strongside
10-03-2017, 11:42 AM
If the over/under for Chiefs sacks in this game is at 4, I'm taking the over.

Watson often runs because he's running for his life. Houston gets at least 2.

Ming the Merciless
10-03-2017, 11:51 AM
Maybe in the betting world - as I originally clarified, but it's not in the majority of NFL analysts. Probably not in yours either.

I think the chiefs will win and beat the spread. I'm going to put money on it.

lcarus
10-03-2017, 12:04 PM
We've played the Texans 9 times since 2003. Only 2 of those games were at Arrowhead. This will be the 4th game in 2 years we've played at NRG Stadium. They beat us last year 19-12 in a game with one TD pass to Hopkins in the first quarter. After that we traded FGs the rest of the game. We just couldn't score a TD. Alex Smith basically got outslung by Brock freakin Osweiler.

We owe them a loss this time. Chiefs 27 - Texans 17

MIAdragon
10-03-2017, 12:06 PM

Especially ones that involved huffing paint.

saphojunkie
10-03-2017, 12:07 PM
Looks like Vegas believes that Watson is the real deal.

I'm calling this now - Marcus Peters will intercept him on an out route. Watson struggles with velocity, and Peters will bait him.

thegame214
10-03-2017, 12:14 PM
I hope Houston thinks they are playing Titans again. They will look up and be down 14 before they know it. We will spank them.

thegame214
10-03-2017, 12:15 PM
Is Kelce getting a dumb penalty on any vegas wagers? I will bet my house on it

notorious
10-03-2017, 12:20 PM
Looks like Vegas believes that Watson is the real deal.

I'm calling this now - Marcus Peters will intercept him on an out route. Watson struggles with velocity, and Peters will bait him.

If it's an out route, that's going to be a pick-6.