PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs’ Kareem Hunt already has spot in Pro Football Hall of Fame

AMDChief
10-04-2017, 06:48 AM
Chiefs rookie running back Kareem Hunt’s incredible start to his career has gotten him recognized by the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio.
Hunt scored six touchdowns in his first three games in the NFL, tying Billy Sims for the most in that span in league history. So the Pro Football Hall of Fame got Hunt’s jersey after the Sept. 24 win over the Chargers.

The jersey is in a case next to one of the Rams’ Todd Gurley.

Hunt, who was picked by the Chiefs in the third round of this year’s draft, has rushed 68 times for 502 yards (a 7.4-yard average) and four touchdowns. He also has caught 13 passes for 157 yards and two scores.
Last week, Hunt was named the AFC’s offensive player of the month for September and the NFL’s offensive rookie of the month.

He was the fourth rookie to be named an offensive player of the month, joining Barry Sanders (Lions, 1989), Edgerrin James (Colts, 1999) and Mike Anderson (Broncos, 2000).

And now his jersey is in the Pro Football Hall of Fame, too.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/for-petes-sake/xwkhkc/picture176789046/alternates/FREE_1140/Hunt%20jersey%202

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/for-petes-sake/article176785436.html

Rausch
10-04-2017, 06:53 AM
He may not be a "phat back" like an Okoye or Bettis or Beast Mode but when he breaks 4 tackles and fights for 8 yards for a 1st down you know that just lifts everyone.

And unlike most HB's his size he gets stronger as the game goes on. He's at his best in the 4th quarter.

It gets HARDER to stop him...

Best22
10-04-2017, 07:24 AM
He may not be a "phat back" like an Okoye or Bettis or Beast Mode but when he breaks 4 tackles and fights for 8 yards for a 1st down you know that just lifts everyone.

And unlike most HB's his size he gets stronger as the game goes on. He's at his best in the 4th quarter.

Yep. I saw a post on a Steeler board that compared Hunt to Tarik Cohen (180 lbs)! So many different comparisons. So exciting to see him touch the ball.

As for Okoye, from what I have seen, wasn't a true "phat back". He had an incredible physique. What a nightmare it must have been to see him charge through the LOS.

Rausch
10-04-2017, 07:35 AM
As for Okoye, from what I have seen, wasn't a true "phat back". He had an incredible physique. What a nightmare it must have been to see him charge through the LOS.

He was a 235 lb HB with speed.

To me the early to mid 90's were the high point of the "phat back." They weren't all fat they were all heavier than most HB's and had some attribute (speed/agility/quickness/etc) that was freakish for their height/weight.

Bettis, Okoye, Means, Barry Foster, etc...

rico
10-04-2017, 07:38 AM
Kid is fun to watch. It's crazy watching him run while being chased from defenders...it doesn't look like he is running that fast, yet he is gliding right past everyone.

BlackOp
10-04-2017, 07:43 AM
I'm excited to see Hunt play when it gets cold...he has the perfect running style for winter.

ReynardMuldrake
10-04-2017, 08:26 AM
Hope he can stay healthy. I would love to see him have a long career here.

WhiteWhale
10-04-2017, 08:44 AM
He was a 235 lb HB with speed.

To me the early to mid 90's were the high point of the "phat back." They weren't all fat they were all heavier than most HB's and had some attribute (speed/agility/quickness/etc) that was freakish for their height/weight.

Bettis, Okoye, Means, Barry Foster, etc...

235?

More like 260. If anything KC under billed his weight in the mid 250's.

Iconic
10-04-2017, 08:44 AM

A large contributor to this is Reid and how he uses Hunt. He's averaging slightly above 5 carries in the first half over the last three games. Reid has been handing him the rock predominately in the second half when opposing defenses begin to wear down.

I think the usage of Hunt by Reid has only further amplified the kids already gifted abilities.

WhiteWhale
10-04-2017, 08:46 AM
A large contributor to this is Reid and how he uses Hunt. He's averaging slightly above 5 carries in the first half over the last three games. Reid has been handing him the rock predominately in the second half when opposing defenses begin to wear down.

I think the usage of Hunt by Reid has only further amplified the kids already gifted abilities.

Yup.

Hunt is a closer, and Andy is using him perfectly.

Rausch
10-04-2017, 09:01 AM
235?

More like 260. If anything KC under billed his weight in the mid 250's.

Reports were that he was 254 when he was running track and scouts first found him.

He was never a guy to carry fat so odds are he got heavier in the NFL.

Rausch
10-04-2017, 09:04 AM

It's not just Hill.

Andy is just (far) better at play calling this year.

Instead of trying to create yards "because-Reid" he's now using guys at what they're good at. He's using his talent to it's best ability...

SuperChief
10-04-2017, 09:26 AM
It's not just Hill.

Andy is just (far) better at play calling this year.

Instead of trying to create yards "because-Reid" he's now using guys at what they're good at. He's using his talent to it's best ability...

I, for one, assumed this wasn't allowed - based on the years of watching him squander opportunities and talents during crucial situations ROFL