PDA

View Full Version : Weather Looks like the Gulf Coast is about to get walloped again.

NinerDoug
10-04-2017, 10:11 AM
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at1+shtml/144324.shtml?cone#contents

Prison Bitch
10-04-2017, 10:12 AM
Global warming!!!!!!

BigRedChief
10-04-2017, 10:22 AM
PPPFFFTTT Let me know when it's a Cat3.

saphojunkie
10-04-2017, 11:01 AM
Global warming!!!!!!

Yes. Global warming, you fucking dipshit. This is exactly what happens.

Fucking morons.

BWillie
10-04-2017, 11:15 AM
Yes. Global warming, you ****ing dipshit. This is exactly what happens.

****ing morons.

I'm a big global warming fan, minus the hurricanes. Tons of great Midwest prime real estate ready for you coastal dwellers

ptlyon
10-04-2017, 11:18 AM
Boys, boys, boys. Everyone knows it's climate change now.

So when we die due to an ice age Al Gore will still be right.

He's a fucking genius.

Fish
10-04-2017, 11:42 AM

Fucking morons.

Climate Scientists over the last decade: We're going to see more violent hurricanes, increased flooding, and drought events due to climate change.

[More violent hurricanes, increased flooding, and drought events happen]

Fucking Morons: No way, man. LOL Al Gore!

BigBeauford
10-04-2017, 11:49 AM
Climate Scientists over the last decade: We're going to see more violent hurricanes, increased flooding, and drought events due to climate change.

****ing Morons: No way, man. LOL Al Gore!

https://fthmb.tqn.com/XY6IELnvRkuQ8487IyumuyDHGT4=/768x0/filters:no_upscale()/about/What-If-Its-A-Hoax-56a74f4c5f9b58b7d0e8f300.jpg

suzzer99
10-04-2017, 11:52 AM

Fucking morons.

He knows that - he's just trying to get the thread moved to DC where RWNJs rule the roost.

rocknrolla
10-04-2017, 01:24 PM
Global warming!!!!!!
http://time.com/4952628/hurricane-season-harvey-irma-jose-maria/

Not buying global warming. 2017 is 17th of worst hurricane seasons.

BlackHelicopters
10-04-2017, 01:31 PM
Hurricanes are a myth crafted by the left wing agenda.

ThaVirus
10-04-2017, 01:40 PM
https://fthmb.tqn.com/XY6IELnvRkuQ8487IyumuyDHGT4=/768x0/filters:no_upscale()/about/What-If-Its-A-Hoax-56a74f4c5f9b58b7d0e8f300.jpg

One of my favorite memes

DJJasonp
10-04-2017, 02:43 PM
My prediction:

We'll have a lot of tornadoes, some bad blizzards, possibly years where we have more hurricanes than the year before.......and throw in some years where it's colder than the previous year.....

I call this CLIMATE TRANSFORMATION!!!!

Now send me a bunch of money so we can all feel better about the havoc we're creating!

stevieray
10-04-2017, 02:56 PM

Plagerism

;)

Ming the Merciless
10-04-2017, 03:02 PM
Oh cool a bunch of experts showed up to give their opinions on stuff they know nothing about

how did they all fit in there

http://en.superbastardo.com/misc/superbastardo/img/s/35678-short_bus1215690018.jpg

Fish
10-04-2017, 03:03 PM
My prediction:

We'll have a lot of tornadoes, some bad blizzards, possibly years where we have more hurricanes than the year before.......and throw in some years where it's colder than the previous year.....

I call this CLIMATE TRANSFORMATION!!!!

Now send me a bunch of money so we can all feel better about the havoc we're creating!

The fact that you're not currently doing that kinda dispels that notion a bit...

stumppy
10-04-2017, 03:07 PM

Nice.

DaFace
10-04-2017, 03:12 PM
Well, this thread went downhill fast.

BucEyedPea
10-04-2017, 03:16 PM
Glad I left half my window boards up, finally got my D batteries and left some of my shelter gear still packed. Though, the pile of tree debris is still sitting on most lawns, except mine. Going through all that water I bought. Guess I'll have to get more.

Leaving as much up or together until the end of October when the hurricane season ends. Insurance adjuster finally came. I have about $5,500 in damage.

LiL stumppy
10-04-2017, 03:22 PM
http://time.com/4952628/hurricane-season-harvey-irma-jose-maria/

Not buying global warming. 2017 is 17th of worst hurricane seasons.

Didn’t it just start?

BucEyedPea
10-04-2017, 03:44 PM
Holy Shit! I just went to NOAA and this thing is originating in the Caribbean, instead of the Atlantic and we're very close to the cone.
These are the kind that can become a direct hit on us coming from that direction. Let's hope it doesn't turn east more.

http://image.nola.com/home/nola-media/width960/img/hurricane_impact/photo/tropical-depression-cone-ebaf390671677d21.png

It's been pretty windy here today...causing car to sway on the highway.

NinerDoug
10-04-2017, 03:46 PM
PPPFFFTTT Let me know when it's a Cat3.

LMAO

BucEyedPea
10-04-2017, 03:50 PM
I wonder how those experiments trying to weaken hurricanes with silver oxide turned out?

We have so much technology, why can't they come up with something like that which can work?

Frazod
10-04-2017, 03:53 PM
Well, this thread went downhill fast.

Yeah, it looks like saphomonkey's Tourettes flared up again.

Fish
10-04-2017, 04:05 PM
I wonder how those experiments trying to weaken hurricanes with silver oxide turned out?

We have so much technology, why can't they come up with something like that which can work?

That experiment was a complete failure.

There are lots of existing scientific ideas though. Ranging from using explosives to heat the hurricane area, to offshore wind turbines, to using sound cannons, to making the clouds brighter to reflect more sun. But unfortunately, I wouldn't expect any of those solutions to be tested anytime soon, since the president has already planned to reduce funding to NOAA and EPA. Including existing coastal research programs as well as satellite programs meant to study these exact things.

Chief Pagan
10-04-2017, 04:05 PM

If the left wing nuts would just let us fire our guns at hurricanes, these storms wouldn't be a problem...

Reerun_KC
10-04-2017, 04:13 PM
Drop a nuke in the eye.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ptlyon
10-04-2017, 04:14 PM
Drop a nuke in the eye.

Don't piss it off!

DaFace
10-04-2017, 04:14 PM
Yeah, it looks like saphomonkey's Tourettes flared up again.

Well, he wasn't the one who started it to be fair.

BucEyedPea
10-04-2017, 04:24 PM
That experiment was a complete failure.

I suspected this, since it was a govt program. Typical.

There are lots of existing scientific ideas though. Ranging from using explosives to heat the hurricane area, to offshore wind turbines, to using sound cannons, to making the clouds brighter to reflect more sun. But unfortunately, I wouldn't expect any of those solutions to be tested anytime soon, since the president has already planned to reduce funding to NOAA and EPA. Including existing coastal research programs as well as satellite programs meant to study these exact things.

Oh so you want more govt programs that don't work? What didn't work before won't work again.

But why would heat work? It would seem like the opposite would be needed.
What about dropping dry ice in the ocean? *waits for angry reaction*

Reerun_KC
10-04-2017, 04:27 PM
Don't piss it off!

True. We don't need a hurricane dropping15 feet of snow on the gulf coast.

Fish
10-04-2017, 04:40 PM
I suspected this, since it was a govt program. Typical.

Oh so you want more govt programs that don't work? What didn't work before won't work again.

Because one experiment in the 60s failed, that means future programs thereafter will be a failure? LMAO... Silly.

It was a controversial experiment anyway, and many predicted its failure.

BucEyedPea
10-04-2017, 04:42 PM
Because one experiment in the 60s failed, that means future programs thereafter will be a failure? LMAO... Silly.

Many programs don't live up to their billing or suffer terrible cost overruns. Govt is just not efficient simply due to it's nature.

Fish
10-04-2017, 04:44 PM
But why would heat work? It would seem like the opposite would be needed.
What about dropping dry ice in the ocean? *waits for angry reaction*

Enough of either would work. Hot or cold. The problem is applying "Enough" in just the right spot when hurricanes are really unpredictable.

BigRedChief
10-04-2017, 07:33 PM
if it turns into a hurricane overnight ill start a real thread.

Hydrae
10-04-2017, 07:37 PM
All that energy has to go somewhere. If we want to defuse a hurricane we should figure out how to tap all that energy for our own use.

ChiefsLV
10-04-2017, 07:56 PM
Does trapping more heat energy in the atmosphere result in more extreme weather events? As water heats up, does it occupy more volume? Was the average temperature of the planet 5 degrees celsius cooler during the last ice age than the current global average temperature ? Questions we may never be able to trust science to answer because one model didn't account for the oceans absorbing some of the heat that was expected to be measured as air temperature increase and Al Gore made a movie.

Pants
10-04-2017, 08:11 PM
Boys, boys, boys. Everyone knows it's climate change now.

So when we die due to an ice age Al Gore will still be right.

He's a fucking genius.

Not here to argue, but whenever people make this point, it just makes me shake my head.

It's climate change now because uneducated folk consider "weather" and "climate" interchangeable.

"Global warming" didn't make much sense to some people experiencing extremely cold winters.

I'm sure you know that "global warming" or "climate change" describes the relatively (to us, not the Earth) minute increases in the average temperature of the entire planet.

Iowanian
10-04-2017, 08:17 PM
Carpet bomb it with ice cubes

Bowser
10-04-2017, 08:23 PM

What the hell is wrong with this thread?

TimBone
10-04-2017, 08:28 PM
Thank you for your service.

Pablo
10-04-2017, 08:30 PM
What the hell is wrong with this thread?

Needs some **** and by then it may have a name. Exciting! I'm hoping for something cheery like Roberto myself.

Spott
10-04-2017, 09:51 PM
The Panhandle is the only part of Florida that missed out on Irma, so it's only fair that they get to share in our misery.

BigRedChief
10-04-2017, 09:57 PM
Thank you for your service.
ROFL

BucEyedPea
10-04-2017, 10:21 PM
Needs some **** and by then it may have a name. Exciting! I'm hoping for something cheery like Roberto myself.

It's name is going to be Nate. It's a boy folks. Better hope he's a hopeless milquetoast. (look the word up)

BucEyedPea
10-04-2017, 10:24 PM
All that energy has to go somewhere. If we want to defuse a hurricane we should figure out how to tap all that energy for our own use.

That'd be awesome if it could be done. I can see that in an animated cartoon.

Donger
10-05-2017, 04:20 AM
Yes. Global warming, you ****ing dipshit. This is exactly what happens.

****ing morons.

What is exactly what happens? Are hurricanes a new phenomenon?

Reerun_KC
10-05-2017, 07:46 AM
The Panhandle is the only part of Florida that missed out on Irma, so it's only fair that they get to share in our misery.

Our beach house disagrees with you.

ptlyon
10-05-2017, 07:49 AM

Shhhh. Don't ask questions they can't answer. It's impolite.

ChiefsLV
10-05-2017, 08:42 AM

Obviously not, but are hurricanes increasing in frequency and severity as more heat energy is trapped in the atmosphere? Is there some kind of relationship between increased temperature and the rate of evaporation?

Donger
10-05-2017, 08:45 AM
Obviously not, but are hurricanes increasing in frequency and severity as more heat energy is trapped in the atmosphere? Is there some kind of relationship between increased temperature and the rate of evaporation?

To the best of my knowledge, neither the frequency nor average strength of hurricanes has increased over the last 50 years or so.

Am I wrong?

Based on spaho's rather colorful language and insult, I must be.

rocknrolla
10-05-2017, 09:13 AM

I'm not saying I don't believe in global warming, but it has zero impact on the frequency or strength of these hurricanes. History is the proof, this the 17th most active year since 1900. I was living on the west coast of FL in 2004 and 2005, it seemed like they were all just waiting in line to knock that state off.

NinerDoug
10-05-2017, 12:21 PM

Has one now. "Nate."

ChiefsLV
10-05-2017, 12:28 PM
To the best of my knowledge, neither the frequency nor average strength of hurricanes has increased over the last 50 years or so.

Am I wrong?

Based on spaho's rather colorful language and insult, I must be.

You're right. We'll go with this based on something.

Bowser
10-05-2017, 07:53 PM
Bumping this up. Looks like this might get serious, again.

edit - OH SHIT DIDN'T SEE THE OTHER THREAD CREATED FOR THE SAME THING APOLOGIES MY BAD