PDA

View Full Version : Football The Timeline: The tuck rule

jjchieffan
10-06-2017, 05:21 PM
It aired on NFL Network this week. I watched it last night. It was really enjoyable if you're a Raider hater. There was a lot of crying about it by everyone in silver and black. They kept having pieces of Ice Cube whining about it because he is a Raiders fan. I thought that was pretty dumb. But I guess that Charles Wooden is still pissed about it and I found that hilarious. Screw the Fade. That couldn't have happened to a better team. Well, other than the Donks. Anyway, if you haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend it. It'll be on again tonight at 9:00 Central Time.

Garcia Bronco
10-06-2017, 05:25 PM
Whatever. It was a bullshit call. Brady fumbled. I don't care that it was the Raiders got screwed on it.

jjchieffan
10-06-2017, 05:30 PM
Whatever. It was a bullshit call. Brady fumbled. I don't care that it was the Raiders got screwed on it.

It was called correctly for the rule the way it was written. If you watch the show, they showed several instances where it had been called before, including that season against the Pats. The rule has been since changed, but at the time, it was the right call.

Garcia Bronco
10-06-2017, 05:36 PM
It was called correctly for the rule the way it was written. If you watch the show, they showed several instances where it had been called before, including that season against the Pats. The rule has been since changed, but at the time, it was the right call.

He tucked. The pass was over. He fumbled. IMO

Bugeater
10-06-2017, 07:21 PM
I agree it was a bullshit call, and at the time I found it hilarious because it happened to the Raiders. But in hindsight, I can't help but wonder if the Pats dynasty ever happens if it had been ruled a fumble. Tough call.

jjchieffan
10-06-2017, 07:42 PM
I agree it was a bullshit call, and at the time I found it hilarious because it happened to the Raiders. But in hindsight, I can't help but wonder if the Pats dynasty ever happens if it had been ruled a fumble. Tough call.

They brought your point up on the show. If Tom Brady loses that game, then Drew Bledsoe likely gets his job back and maybe the Pats dynasty never was. But, I don't have a problem with that. We have lived to watch the greatest quarterback of all time. We have seen him break numerous records and play to a level never seen before. I consider it a privilege to have witnessed that.

Bugeater
10-06-2017, 07:51 PM
They brought your point up on the show. If Tom Brady loses that game, then Drew Bledsoe likely gets his job back and maybe the Pats dynasty never was. But, I don't have a problem with that. We have lived to watch the greatest quarterback of all time. We have seen him break numerous records and play to a level never seen before. I consider it a privilege to have witnessed that.
I don't. Dynasties kill my interest in sports, I don't enjoy watching the same teams win over and over. But the alternative that year would have been the Raiders in the Super Bowl, and the following year as well. Like I said, it's a tough call. Hard to find a lesser evil in that scenario.

Over-Head
10-06-2017, 07:55 PM
I will go to my grave arguing Charles Woodson got to that ball!

Over-Head
10-06-2017, 07:59 PM
I don't. Dynasties kill my interest in sports, I don't enjoy watching the same teams win over and over. But the alternative that year would have been the Raiders in the Super Bowl, and the following year as well. Like I said, it's a tough call. Hard to find a lesser evil in that scenario.
More than likely, we'd have won that year, but lost no matter what to Tampa. Gruden built that team, he knew exactly how to tear it apart. And he did. Calahan didnt change a damn thing, Gruden was telling his players what to do before Oakland could call the signals.We never stood a chance for the get go. In all , Pats "Dynasty" is delayed a year, but probably would have gone pretty much thye way it has.