PDA

View Full Version : Tickets First trip to arrowhead, looking for advice..

fairladyZ
10-06-2017, 09:33 PM
So going to be making the trip and going to my first chiefs game. Want to experience arrowhead finally. Going to be going to the Dec. 10th game against the raiders and wanted to see where the best place to get tickets is? I checked nfl.com but the tickets i was looking at i believe were being sold by people for a hefty price. I'd like to sit close to the home bench and as close to front row as possible. So maybe someone here has a better hookup on getting tickets I would appreciate it. There will be 4 of us most likely. Also looking for things to do around there and sights to see. Probably be flying in friday night and flying back out monday morning.

Any advice or help is appreciated.. Can't wait to finally experience it!

Bugeater
10-06-2017, 09:35 PM
Uh, yeah, those tickets are going to be expensive.

fairladyZ
10-06-2017, 09:37 PM
oh i'm sure, the ones on nfl were like $428 a piece 2nd row behind the chiefs bench on like the 45... But the others that were kind of close that were still for sale from i believe the chiefs were around $230. Just seeing what else is out there.

CaliforniaChief
10-06-2017, 09:40 PM
We got our tickets from Tickets for Less. Good deal, decent seats. As for the game, we enjoyed going right down to the first row by the field to watch players stretch, saw some Royals on the sidelines too. Have fun!

scho63
10-06-2017, 10:47 PM
So going to be making the trip and going to my first chiefs game. Want to experience arrowhead finally. Going to be going to the Dec. 10th game against the raiders and wanted to see where the best place to get tickets is? I checked nfl.com but the tickets i was looking at i believe were being sold by people for a hefty price. I'd like to sit close to the home bench and as close to front row as possible. So maybe someone here has a better hookup on getting tickets I would appreciate it. There will be 4 of us most likely. Also looking for things to do around there and sights to see. Probably be flying in friday night and flying back out monday morning.

I'm going to make this simple.

1. You are going to your first Chiefs game.
DON'T scrimp and make this about the money, make it about the experience. I finally went to Arrowhead for the first time around my 50th birthday after being a fan on the East Coast since 7 years old. I bought a single ticket on Craigslist for $135 and I sat in THE front row on the 25 for NY Giants and Chiefs. I have pictures to prove it.

2. If you can't afford it don't go

3. You better tailgate ALL goddamn day until game time.

4. You better eat at at least 3 great BBQ places; Joes KC, Q39, Gates, Arthur Bryants, Jack Stacks, Rosedale and the list goes on.

5. You better go to at least two museums but they are closed on Monday's so plan well ahead.

6. Truman Presidential Library or KC Zoo are both great places.

7. GBlowfish and his wife sit in THE front row on the 50 yard line: I know because I sat with them on Christmas night for the Denver game. (actually I stood the whole damn time). He may recommend something.

So if this is a once in a lifetime opportunity- TREAT IT AS SUCH!!!! :clap:

MAKE SENSE???? :hmmm:

Jewish Rabbi
10-06-2017, 10:59 PM
Here’s some advice. Change your avatar away from that piece of shit you have on there now.

Meatloaf
10-06-2017, 11:01 PM
The World War I museum is really a top notch museum. Extremely well done. Be sure to take the guided tour as the guides provide a bunch of interesting information. I don't think you'd regret including this in your agenda.

GloryDayz
10-06-2017, 11:09 PM

DON'T scrimp and make this about the money, make it about the experience. I finally went to Arrowhead for the first time around my 50th birthday after being a fan on the East Coast since 7 years old. I bought a single ticket on Craigslist for $135 and I sat in THE front row on the 25 for NY Giants and Chiefs. I have pictures to prove it.

4. You better eat at at least 3 great BBQ places; Joes KC, Q39, Gates, Arthur Bryants, Jack Stacks, Rosedale and the list goes on.

5. You better go to at least two museums but they are closed on Monday's so plan well ahead.

7. GBlowfish and his wife sit in THE front row on the 50 yard line: I know because I sat with them on Christmas night for the Denver game. (actually I stood the whole damn time). He may recommend something.

MAKE SENSE???? :hmmm:Quality post. And George is a God!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Simply Red
10-06-2017, 11:09 PM
Instructions: Find X-Factor go to the very top and jump off doing the tomahawk-chop!

Pitt Gorilla
10-06-2017, 11:16 PM
https://i.imgur.com/tWvj1cY.jpg

fairladyZ
10-07-2017, 10:01 AM

MAKE SENSE???? :hmmm:

Thanks for the info. It definitely isn't about the money, it is a lifetime experience and I want to make the best of it, hence why i want good seats, just trying to save myself a little bit if I can you know. I 100% was going to go to a couple BBQ places, but didn't know about the museums I will definitely look into that. And yes I was hoping GBlowfish would have some insight into this as I always read his 10 things and know how good his seats are and how long he's been going. Appreciate the help.

MOhillbilly
10-07-2017, 10:49 AM
Don't drink to much.

Can't believe I'm sayin that

Halfcan
10-07-2017, 11:28 AM
Thanks for the info. It definitely isn't about the money, it is a lifetime experience and I want to make the best of it, hence why i want good seats, just trying to save myself a little bit if I can you know. I 100% was going to go to a couple BBQ places, but didn't know about the museums I will definitely look into that. And yes I was hoping GBlowfish would have some insight into this as I always read his 10 things and know how good his seats are and how long he's been going. Appreciate the help.

Unless you are at the top in the corners- there really is not a bad seat in Arrowhead. You don't have to buy a $500.00 ticket to have the "Arrowhead" experience.

There are lots of great fans on here that tailgate and would probably welcome you to their set up. It is half the experience.

As far as museums- we have the best WW1 museum in the world and the Nelson Art Gallery, which is Free. The Kemper Museum of art is also Free. The Jazz and Negro museum are a must-see as well. The Truman Presidential library is incredible too.

If you do decide to go to the Truman library- stop by my restaurant- I will make you up a nice lunch. I am right across the street.

Best of luck!!

seclark
10-07-2017, 11:33 AM
Instructions: Find X-Factor go to the very top and jump off doing the tomahawk-chop!

fuckin sr...yeah, do this.
sec

BlackHelicopters
10-07-2017, 12:41 PM
Save your money on the game. Buy a $2,000 big screen.

kc rush
10-07-2017, 02:30 PM
Unless you are at the top in the corners- there really is not a bad seat in Arrowhead. You don't have to buy a $500.00 ticket to have the "Arrowhead" experience.

There are lots of great fans on here that tailgate and would probably welcome you to their set up. It is half the experience.

As far as museums- we have the best WW1 museum in the world and the Nelson Art Gallery, which is Free. The Kemper Museum of art is also Free. The Jazz and Negro museum are a must-see as well. The Truman Presidential library is incredible too.

If you do decide to go to the Truman library- stop by my restaurant- I will make you up a nice lunch. I am right across the street.

Best of luck!!

I must be living in a cave, I didn't know you had a restaurant. What is the name?

fairladyZ
10-07-2017, 02:54 PM
Save your money on the game. Buy a $2,000 big screen.

Way ahead of u. I want to feel it now.

GloryDayz
10-07-2017, 04:47 PM

Best of luck!!

I'll double down on this.... I'll add that sitting very low (like rows 1-4) in the upper deck is "between the 40s" (can be spendy) is about as good a seat as you'll find. The elevation makes the view perfect.

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-07-2017, 06:13 PM
From my experience , I've been there 4 times. The best seats are in the second level because you get a much better view. Also you're less likely to get flipped off or cussed out by Marcus Peters.

BucEyedPea
10-07-2017, 06:16 PM

You park, tailgate, then sit down and scream during the game.

Did I help?

bevischief
10-07-2017, 06:36 PM
Don't go broke. There are lots places to and quite a few tailgating places to meetup.

gblowfish
10-07-2017, 06:46 PM
Here’s some advice. Change your avatar away from that piece of shit you have on there now.

This x 1000

fairladyZ
10-07-2017, 07:54 PM
you guys don't like the former pro bowl QB on the madden cover? lol

DaneMcCloud
10-07-2017, 07:57 PM
I must be living in a cave, I didn't know you had a restaurant. What is the name?

Spiller’s

Boiled Chicken
10-07-2017, 08:39 PM
Spiller’s

I’m thinking it’s either Hi-Boy, Wendy’s or Little BBQ Joint

Boiled Chicken
10-07-2017, 08:41 PM

Best of luck!!

And not to quibble, we have an incredible WW1 museum, but best in the world? Imperial War Museum in London...end of story.

ChiefsCountry
10-07-2017, 08:43 PM
I like the upper deck first 5 rows. Awesome view. Cheaper prices. Don't have to stand the whole game.

Bewbies
10-07-2017, 08:45 PM
Most fun I ever had there was in the nosebleeds with the drunks. Probably cause we beat the shot out of Brady that day.

gblowfish
10-07-2017, 09:06 PM
And not to quibble, we have an incredible WW1 museum, but best in the world? Imperial War Museum in London...end of story.
You'd be surprised. They have some one of a kind items, and is one of the best collections of WWI Arms, planes, tanks, artillery and uniforms on the planet.

HonestChieffan
10-07-2017, 10:41 PM
It is shit. It used to be amazing and fantastic. You will piss away a ton of cash for shit. Get a good TV and stay away from camarohead

Kman34
10-08-2017, 01:44 AM
It is shit. It used to be amazing and fantastic. You will piss away a ton of cash for shit. Get a good TV and stay away from camarohead

Don’t listen to this Curmudgeon... Go and have a good time if you can afford it..