PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs So we're an offense first team this year?

Best22
10-08-2017, 10:22 PM
Tonight, Texans had the ball for 21 minutes. Scored 34 points

Last Monday, Redskins had the ball for 22 minutes and 50 plays. They scored 20 points

We're holding teams to lower point totals in large part to our offense possession of the ball and efficiency. We are averaging more than 30 offensive points from the offense ALONE! But the defense is just way too leaky for my liking.

We are 5-0 because our offense has been awesome, not our defense

Reerun_KC
10-08-2017, 10:23 PM
Because midgets. That's why.

Die in a flaming bucket of aids Alex only fans.

notorious
10-08-2017, 10:23 PM
Certainly appears so.

DaFace
10-08-2017, 10:24 PM
Eh, the offense is definitely more solid right now, but the defense doesn't deserve too much blame for all those garbage time TD's.

threebag

Can we get a ticket punched to Romper Room for this asshat?

Pasta Little Brioni
Concerning....BUT Tons of points allowed in garbage time.

RINGLEADER
10-08-2017, 10:25 PM
I think it is a strength -- but the garbage TDs don't make me think we're less of a defense. I wish they'd play at 100% until the final bell, but there was no chance Houston was coming back when we went up 39-20 and the defense relaxed.

Hopefully this stuff will get corrected (along with Chris Jones walking away from the play to complain to refs while the QB is throwing a TD).

Reerun_KC
Can we get a ticket punched to Romper Room for this asshat?

Dude stop crying. Use the ignore feature on the forum.

It's embarrassing

stumppy

Allow me to quote you good Sir.

Best22
Eh, the offense is definitely more solid right now, but the defense doesn't deserve too much blame for all those garbage time TD's.

I don't know. 34 points in 32 minutes? I didn't feel confident we could get stops

big nasty kcnut
At least this is way better then a herm edwards offence. Yeah herm i like arena ball scores some points.

eDave
10-08-2017, 10:26 PM
I don't think we are TRYING to be. Defense can be so much better.

And injuries.

suzzer99
10-08-2017, 10:26 PM
Not even close. We are all offense.

BUT - our D is a lot better than 2003.

TimBone
10-08-2017, 10:27 PM
I think it is a strength -- but the garbage TDs don't make me think we're less of a defense. I wish they'd play at 100% until the final bell, but there was no chance Houston was coming back when we went up 39-20 and the defense relaxed.

Hopefully this stuff will get corrected (along with Chris Jones walking away from the play to complain to refs while the QB is throwing a TD).

The whole damn defensive front should have been right there with Jones in the Ref's face...they were held all night long. And I don't mean ticky tacky holds...Im talking obvious holds.

Reerun_KC
Smith pushing the ball downfield opens up this offense without question.

Without him feeling the pressure we don't experience this explosive offense.

ThaVirus
The defense makes plays when it needs to, but definitely needs to clean up some issues.

I'm especially not worried about tonight's game. Watson was legitimately just throwing the ball up for grabs and had receivers make great plays. He probably didn't even have 100 yards at the point I'd say we comfortably put the game away.

Chief Northman
10-08-2017, 10:31 PM
Berry
Ford
Nelson
Hali

Ware
Ehinger
Morse
Duvernay-Tardif
Conley
Kelce

And we are 5-0.

Andy Reid and John Dorsey, take a bow....

Buehler445
10-08-2017, 10:34 PM
Berry
Ford
Nelson
Hali

Ware
Ehinger
Morse
Duvernay-Tardif
Conley
Kelce

And we are 5-0.

Hell of it is that is against:
Pats at their place - where no one wins ever.
Eagles
Dolts at their(ish) place
Redskins a surprisingly tough team at their place.
Houston at their place.

Sheeesh.

DaFace
10-08-2017, 10:35 PM
Eagles
Houston at their place.

Sheeesh.

Redskins were in KC. But yeah, there hasn't been a gimme in the list (and won't be any time soon).

Reerun_KC
10-08-2017, 10:35 PM

Eagles

Houston at their place.

Sheeesh.

Redskins where?

Skyy God
10-08-2017, 10:37 PM
I don't know. 34 points in 32 minutes? I didn't feel confident we could get stops

We held Brady, Wentz, Phyllis and Cousins to 4 TDs.

Our defense is perfectly fine.

DJ's left nut
10-08-2017, 10:38 PM
The defense makes plays when it needs to, but definitely needs to clean up some issues.

I'm especially not worried about tonight's game. Watson was legitimately just throwing the ball up for grabs and had receivers make great plays. He probably didn't even have 100 yards at the point I'd say we comfortably put the game away.

Yeah, that took 2 miracle plays on scores and a third to set up another.

Realistically this was a 'meh' day, but not as awful as the final score. They got 20ish points on heaves into traffic because they were down by enough that the turnover risk didn't bother them.

The D can be better but it wasn't a complete disaster today.

JakeF
10-08-2017, 10:38 PM
Eh, the offense is definitely more solid right now, but the defense doesn't deserve too much blame for all those garbage time TD's.Why aren't they to blame?

DaFace
10-08-2017, 10:39 PM
Why aren't they to blame?

:spock:

FlintHillsChiefs
10-08-2017, 10:40 PM
Offense is definitely doing better than the D this year so far. If we can get Ford back I think the D will respond to the call of the O showing them up.

JakeF
10-08-2017, 10:41 PM
Berry
Ford
Nelson
Hali

Ware
Ehinger
Morse
Duvernay-Tardif
Conley
Kelce

And we are 5-0.

I wonder if they will include in Dorsey's termination paperwork?

Reerun_KC
10-08-2017, 10:42 PM
Best offensive in KC since Trent. Bet far the best offense Smith has ever been a part of.

JakeF
10-08-2017, 10:42 PM
:spock:They still allowed them. :shrug:

PAChiefsGuy
10-08-2017, 10:43 PM
Our offense is definitely better than our D right now but I don't think it is by much.

Texans had two huge injuries to their defense tonight that totally screwed any type of gameplan they had for our offense. Defense didn't get the luxury of Hopkins getting injured and to be fair our defense is also missing a Pro Bowler in Eric Berry... Our offense isn't missing anyone. Kelce will be back.

I think we are a balanced team which is great because those are the teams that usually win the SB.

Best22
10-08-2017, 10:50 PM
Our offense is definitely better than our D right now but I don't think it is by much.

Texans had two huge injuries to their defense tonight that totally screwed any type of gameplan they had for our offense. Defense didn't get the luxury of Hopkins getting injured and to be fair our defense is also missing a Pro Bowler in Eric Berry... Our offense isn't missing anyone. Kelce will be back.

I think we are a balanced team which is great because those are the teams that usually win the SB.

And we were missing LDT, Morse, (and Kelce for the second half)

And we still put up 42

PAChiefsGuy
10-08-2017, 10:55 PM
And we were missing LDT, Morse, (and Kelce for the second half)

And we still put up 42

Offense did great tonight but our D deserves a lot of credit as well. Every time they needed to make a stop they did

RINGLEADER
10-08-2017, 11:01 PM
Chiefs have the #1 scoring offense in the NFL.

FlintHillsChiefs
10-08-2017, 11:36 PM
Chiefs have the #1 scoring offense in the NFL.

Fuck me in the ass. Is this for real?

penbrook
10-08-2017, 11:37 PM
len @KCChiefs_Matt
Smith is the third quarterback since 2013 with a QB rating of 100+ in each of his first 5 games, joining Brady ('15) and P. Manning ('13).

penbrook
10-08-2017, 11:37 PM
**** me in the ass. Is this for real?

Yep. After the Pats terrible win in Tampa we just overcame them and also #1 in run offense

CupidStunt
10-09-2017, 06:30 AM

Then you're not paying attention. The O is better by quite a significant margin. Which is a GOOD thing - first time it's been like that and, in the NFL these days, it's the only way to win.

The run D is straight up bad, and the pass D is soft (by design) but decent in the red zone. But guess what, none of it matters if Smiff keeps playing like this. The Pats might have the literal worst D in football, but no one really gives a shit because Brady. They'll still be in the AFCCG (unless we meet them before that).

Anyone think the Jags or Seahawks will be in the Super Bowl? Yeah, me neither. It'll be the Falcons or Packers from the NFC, i.e. Ryan or Rodgers. Hopefully us from the AFC, but it damn sure won't be the Ravens or Jags or Broncos or any other defense-first team.

hometeam
10-09-2017, 06:37 AM
I mean, its been the opposite since Cassel arrived. About time the offense shoulders some of the load.

Chiefnj2
10-09-2017, 06:54 AM
It's bizzaro world.

Reid is actually committing to the run. Alex Smith is playing entire games at an elite level.

In August if someone said KC is going to lose Berry for the year, not have Hali and Ford rushing the passer and lose its starting LG, RG and C, nobody would have guessed they would be the last remaining unbeaten team.

RaidersOftheCellar
10-09-2017, 07:02 AM
Shut up about the D. They played a team that scored like 90 points the last two weeks and held them down until garbage time vs prevent. On the road. No D! Derp.

InChiefsHeaven
10-09-2017, 07:03 AM
It's bizzaro world.

Reid is actually committing to the run. Alex Smith is playing entire games at an elite level.

In August if someone said KC is going to lose Berry for the year, not have Hali and Ford rushing the passer and lose its starting LG, RG and C, nobody would have guessed they would be the last remaining unbeaten team.

Especially given that all the teams we beat (except SD) are legit contending teams...no cream puff schedule.

Couch-Potato
10-09-2017, 07:23 AM
len @KCChiefs_Matt
Smith is the third quarterback since 2013 with a QB rating of 100+ in each of his first 5 games, joining Brady ('15) and P. Manning ('13).

Well deserved, congrats Alex!