PDA

View Full Version : Football Jacksonville defense

O.city
10-09-2017, 10:38 AM
I know it's off topic from the chiefs but I think this is a team that the chiefs could see down the road so I'd like to talk about them a bit.

Holy hell that defense looks smooth. Just big strong fast athletes across the board. They've been drafting in the top 5 forever and now it's really showing. Plus they've added some legit free agents to it.

They're still young so likely a year or two away but damn, that's a d that's legitimately capable.

And fwiw, the cowboys fucked up taking Zeek instead of Ramsey

Simply Red
10-09-2017, 10:41 AM
we'll be fine.

carcosa
10-09-2017, 10:42 AM
Jags have a real shot at that AFC South with Watt and Mercilus out for the year and Mariota injured too. I'd even be nervous about facing them in the playoffs except that Bortles is still Bortling. (If only there were a capable QB sitting around waiting for a job offer...)

Chiefnj2
10-09-2017, 10:42 AM
Not to turn this into a political thread, but you'd have to think that with Kap the Jags win that division. Bortles had 8 completions yesterday.

BryanBusby
10-09-2017, 10:45 AM
Not to turn this into a political thread, but you'd have to think that with Kap the Jags win that division. Bortles had 8 completions yesterday.
Absolutely. They might win it with Bortles.

ThaVirus
10-09-2017, 10:48 AM
Hard to get a read on the defense but they definitely have potential.

Not worried about them this season, though. Our defense would eat Bortles alive.

O.city
10-09-2017, 10:50 AM
The thing that could potentially make their d so tough is that they don't have to do anything crazy schematically to be good. They're that good physically.

That sets up well for andy in that he'd know how to attack it, but when guys are just physically better it makes it tough

Red Dawg
10-09-2017, 10:51 AM
Cowboys messed taking an RB at 4 period. Look at when we got JC and now Hunt.

carcosa
10-09-2017, 10:52 AM

Nothing political about it. Kap is above replacement level, Bortles is way below. It's MATH baby

Hoover
10-09-2017, 10:57 AM
We can't trade them Alex for anything less that a 1st and 3rd.

He's the perfect fit there.

Spott
10-09-2017, 12:03 PM
Nothing political about it. Kap is above replacement level, Bortles is way below. It's MATH baby

Matt Cassel was starting for Tennessee this week and I was thinking there was no way that Kap isn't a better option that Cassel.

TambaBerry
10-09-2017, 12:23 PM
i knew this would happen, its why i drafted them in everyone of my fantasy leagues this year

mcaj22
10-09-2017, 01:06 PM

Seriously,

all that talent on their defense they are going to need a decent QB if they want to get over the hump. It's not Bortles, it's not any journeyman FA, it's not a rookie. Alex gets them 10+ wins.

But this is Coughlin so knowing him he will trade for Eli Manning in the offseason.

OldSchool
10-09-2017, 01:14 PM
They have a very good young defense with very good developing players at every level. Campbell was a huge get for them in the off-season. Smith would be the perfect fit for them if they wanted to win next year (which they should given Coughlin's age, I don't think he has all that much time to wait and develop a young QB who will fit the team).

Eleazar
10-09-2017, 01:24 PM
They've been adding a lot of talent in the draft for a few years now, they've just never been able to put together a coherent offense. Especially now with Fournette, I think they are a prime example of a team that would have been pretty tough 20 years ago before all the touch football/QB centric rule changes - but today where you have to have a pro bowl QB or you have nothing, they are going to struggle to get anywhere.

Black Bob
10-09-2017, 01:54 PM
Telvin Smith might be the most underrated player in the NFL.

Kiimo
10-09-2017, 02:32 PM
Alex is gonna have them running smooth in year 2.

OldSchool
10-09-2017, 03:10 PM
Telvin Smith might be the most underrated player in the NFL.

It's kind of ridiculous how many young talented defenders they have over there.

Couch-Potato
10-09-2017, 06:40 PM

I want x1 WR, and x1 CB for Alex to the Jags. Must include Robinson, or Ramsey in the trade, and I'd start by requesting both of them.

CupidStunt
10-09-2017, 06:43 PM
I want x1 WR, and x1 CB for Alex to the Jags. Must include Robinson, or Ramsey in the trade, and I'd start by requesting both of them.

lol

MahiMike
10-09-2017, 07:53 PM
Rumor down here today is a deal for Eli Manning. ...interesting. ..

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-09-2017, 08:04 PM
I know it's off topic from the chiefs but I think this is a team that the chiefs could see down the road so I'd like to talk about them a bit.

Holy hell that defense looks smooth. Just big strong fast athletes across the board. They've been drafting in the top 5 forever and now it's really showing. Plus they've added some legit free agents to it.

They're still young so likely a year or two away but damn, that's a d that's legitimately capable.

And fwiw, the cowboys fucked up taking Zeek instead of Ramsey

Well of course they fucked up taking Elliot there. Any RB could be productive with the line they had from 2014-2016. Personnel guys still don't get it w/ running backs.

Regarding Jacksonville, Bortles puts a hard cap on what they can do. Honestly, if any team needed to sign Kaepernick, it's them. They could actually win a playoff game with the 2016 version of Kaepernick. With Bortles, even if they do win that shit division, they'll get shelled worse than Sarajevo in the first round.