PDA

View Full Version : Funny Stuff Angry man clings to school bus

Pitt Gorilla
10-10-2017, 04:28 PM
ROFL

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Y7fq4Sf08hI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

POND_OF_RED
10-10-2017, 04:32 PM
Skip Towne is still alive?

KCrockaholic
10-10-2017, 04:32 PM
Lmao. People are stupid.

kcpasco
10-10-2017, 04:43 PM
I’d want to slap some punk kid also if they hit my car with a bottle. Should of just gotten the bus number and called the school district though. LOL

Pitt Gorilla
10-10-2017, 04:46 PM
I’d want to slap some punk kid also if they hit my car with a bottle. Should of just gotten the bus number and called the school district though. LOLgiven how nuts this guy is acting, who knows if anyone actually hit him with anything. I love that he thinks he’ll get the bus driver to, eventually, open the door. Lmao

T-post Tom
10-10-2017, 04:50 PM
Those angry old men will bring hell with them....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/f9Tpw1ICJEc?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

displacedinMN
10-10-2017, 04:50 PM
Getting on a bus without permission is a chargeable offense in Minnesota.

Spott
10-10-2017, 04:59 PM
He's probably angry that his parents named him Leverne and that he has diabeetus.

Hoopsdoc
10-10-2017, 05:05 PM
given how nuts this guy is acting, who knows if anyone actually hit him with anything. I love that he thinks he’ll get the bus driver to, eventually, open the door. Lmao

Maybe if he pounds on the hood a few more times. ROFL

scho63
10-11-2017, 09:54 AM
That guy could pass for at least 50% of the CP'ers over 40 years old here! ROFL

Deberg_1990
10-11-2017, 09:58 AM
Why didn't the driver stop the bus? Imagine the lawsuits had he guy fallen and gotten trampled by the bus.

threebag
10-11-2017, 09:59 AM
Sweets probably chasing down a kid with an Alex Smith jersey.

Fish
10-11-2017, 10:05 AM
Why didn't the driver stop the bus? Imagine the lawsuits had he guy fallen and gotten trampled by the bus.

Trampled? :D

Regardless, I doubt anybody is going to side with a crazy man pounding his fist on the hood of the bus demanding to enter the bus for whatever reason. Regardless of whether the kids threw a bottle at his vehicle.

BigRichard
10-11-2017, 11:25 AM
Trampled? :D

Regardless, I doubt anybody is going to side with a crazy man pounding his fist on the hood of the bus demanding to enter the bus for whatever reason. Regardless of whether the kids threw a bottle at his vehicle.

Exactly, no jury would convict that bus driver of any type of crime. He was simply protecting the children. There is no telling what that guy would do to him or the kids.

FlintHillsChiefs
10-11-2017, 12:47 PM
99.999998989% sure this guy voted for Trump.

Pitt Gorilla
10-11-2017, 12:48 PM
That guy could pass for at least 50% of the CP'ers over 40 years old here! ROFLi would assume he posts here.

alpha_omega
10-11-2017, 12:49 PM
99.999998989% sure this guy voted for Trump.

It only took 15 posts to get there. Congrats.

ptlyon
10-11-2017, 12:49 PM

Accidents happen in the running of the busses

MTG#10
10-11-2017, 12:59 PM
Angry old white guys that think they're above the law amuse me

vailpass
10-11-2017, 01:00 PM

Get off my lawn.

Reerun_KC
10-11-2017, 01:01 PM
Dane?

Reerun_KC
10-11-2017, 01:02 PM
Skip Towne is still alive?

Inquiring minds wanna know.

ThaVirus
10-11-2017, 01:04 PM

How about angry old Asian guys who think they're above the law?

vailpass
10-11-2017, 01:08 PM

Virus with the kill shot.

MTG#10
10-11-2017, 01:11 PM

They're not as common. Something about white baby boomers makes them think they're untouchable and everyone owes them something. Not all of them obviously, but a good chunk of them.

MTG#10
10-11-2017, 01:15 PM
Another example:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LreWfR_p__M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pitt Gorilla
10-11-2017, 01:24 PM
Another example:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LreWfR_p__M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>That's horrible.

DanT
10-11-2017, 01:26 PM
I do not have expertise in the law, but it would seem to me to be some sort of criminally negligent behavior to be driving a bus forward with someone hanging onto it that way. The place where the angry man is standing and the things he is holding onto to were not designed for the purpose they were being used. They could have failed or the man could have lost his grip. If that had happened, the man could easily have fallen backward and suffered a catastrophic injury. Any reasonable person should be able to see that. The driver's claim that he feared the man rings hollow to me.

Here are a couple of news accounts, from which I'm going to selectively quote:

Steven Silverman, an attorney for Doran, said his client is a retired teacher of special-needs students with “zero criminal record” who wanted to make sure the child who threw the bottle was disciplined.

“If Mr. Doran was killed by falling under the bus, this would be a manslaughter case,” Silverman said. “Fortunately he wasn’t, and the fact that he was charged is beyond comprehension.”

Before the part seen on video, Silverman said Doran first knocked on the side window of the bus, and then walked around to the front with his hands up demanding to speak with the driver. But he said the driver revved his engine, and, at some point, started driving.

"He's 68 years old. He's not the most nimble man on the planet, so he's got trying to dodge the bus, go under the bus, or get on top of the hood, so he goes on top of the hood," Silverman said.

According to charging documents, the bus stopped after a short distance, and Doran got off the hood and, "was able to pull and force open the doors at which time he walked onto the bus and began arguing with the bus driver."

An off-duty police officer in the area eventually intervened, and Doran was arrested and charged.

"What is incredulous to me is that Mr. Doran was charged with a crime, and the bus driver, he starts driving blocks with a man on his hood and could have killed him, wasn't charged with a crime," Silverman said.

Police said they're still looking into whether the bus driver committed any criminal or traffic violations, and they said they're still trying to determine if anything was thrown from the bus.

Pitt Gorilla
10-11-2017, 01:30 PM
I do not have expertise in the law, but it would seem to me to be some sort of criminally negligent behavior to be driving a bus forward with someone hanging onto it that way. The place where the angry man is standing and the things he is holding onto to were not designed for the purpose they were being used and if they failed the man could easily fall backward and suffer a catastrophic injury.

Here are a couple of news accounts, from which I'm going to selectively quote:Um, why wouldn't he be charged?

It also seems the driver did what he could to keep the kids safe (until he stopped and the idiot forced his way onto the bus.)

DanT
10-11-2017, 01:50 PM
Um, why wouldn't he be charged?

It also seems the driver did what he could to keep the kids safe (until he stopped and the idiot forced his way onto the bus.)

I'm not sure what the antecedent is for the pronoun in your first question, Pitt Gorilla, but let me clarify that I'm talking about whether the bus driver should be charged. I've not commented on whether or not the angry man should be charged, although my post did quote his attorney in that regard. I'm just saying that it's surprising to me that the driver was not charged.

Your second comment might be why the police did not immediately charge the driver. It hadn't occurred to me that anyone would think that what the driver did would be viewed as a legal option to keep the kids safe. Those kids were plenty safe, in my opinion, based on my eleven years of experience being bused to school in Kansas City and knowing how expert kids are at finding and ****ing with victims with no ability to retaliate.

saphojunkie
10-11-2017, 01:50 PM
Dude is fucking lucky he wasn't shot. If I'm driving a school bus full of kids and some nut forces his way on, I'm assuming he came for the worst reasons imaginable.

DanT
10-11-2017, 01:53 PM
Is the angry man wearing an NRA cap? I can't decipher what the big letters are.

alpha_omega
10-11-2017, 02:00 PM
That's horrible.

That is absolutely horrible...but, they shouldn't have been passing on a double yellow.

Pitt Gorilla
10-11-2017, 02:02 PM
I'm not sure what the antecedent is for the pronoun in your first question, Pitt Gorilla, but let me clarify that I'm talking about whether the bus driver should be charged. I've not commented on whether or not the angry man should be charged, although my post did quote his attorney in that regard. I'm just saying that it's surprising to me that the driver was not charged.

Your second comment might be why the police did not immediately charge the driver. It hadn't occurred to me that anyone would think that what the driver did would be viewed as a legal option to keep the kids safe. Those kids were plenty safe, in my opinion, based on my eleven years of experience being bused to school in Kansas City and knowing how expert kids are at finding and ****ing with victims with no ability to retaliate.Sorry, I was talking about the old guy. His lawyer seemed confused as to why his client might be charged.

As a bus driver, I would think letting any unauthorized person onto the bus would be a horrible idea. Who knows if this clown is going to shoot up a bus full of kids or not as a "punishment". I'd certainly hope not, but I wouldn't want to be the guy that allowed it either.

Stopping appears to have been the wrong move, as this idiot was able to force his way through the doors and onto the bus. If stopping is the wrong thing to do, perhaps continuing whilst notifying police is the best course of action. Don't want to get run over? Don't climb onto the front of a ****ing bus.

DanT
10-11-2017, 02:08 PM
Here's another account, from which I'm quoting. It gives a bit more detail about why the driver was not immediately charged.

http://wtvr.com/2017/10/09/leverne-doran-arrest/

"At that point the school bus driver was concerned for his safety and concerned for the safety of the children and students on board, did not want to open the door," Sgt. Bylen said. "So the man went around to the front of the bus and stood in front of the bus as it began to move forward."

As the bus started to drive away, Doran jumped up on the hood.

"The bus driver stated that he was headed towards the Parkville precinct because he needed assistance from police. The incident was actually resolved prior to that, we happened to have an off-duty officer who was present in the area, who assisted and intervened quickly," Sgt. Bylen said.

Doran was taken into custody without incident. Police are still investigating whether anything was thrown from the bus.

Pitt Gorilla
10-11-2017, 02:10 PM
Here's another account, from which I'm quoting. It gives a bit more detail about why the driver was not immediately charged.

http://wtvr.com/2017/10/09/leverne-doran-arrest/Pretty much exactly what I was thinking.

DanT
10-11-2017, 02:13 PM
Sorry, I was talking about the old guy. His lawyer seemed confused as to why his client might be charged.

As a bus driver, I would think letting any unauthorized person onto the bus would be a horrible idea. Who knows if this clown is going to shoot up a bus full of kids or not as a "punishment". I'd certainly hope not, but I wouldn't want to be the guy that allowed it either.

Stopping appears to have been the wrong move, as this idiot was able to force his way through the doors and onto the bus. If stopping is the wrong thing to do, perhaps continuing whilst notifying police is the best course of action. Don't want to get run over? Don't climb onto the front of a ****ing bus.

As far as I can tell, the angry old man did not get on the bus. Based on my experiences riding school buses from 2nd to 12th grade, I don't think the driver would have needed to worry about the old man making his way onto the bus, because the man would have needed first to get to the door, which would have allowed the driver space to drive away. Even if the driver were stopped, the man would have needed to charge past the doors and up a confined stairwell, which would have been fairly easy for the driver to defend simply by donkey-stomping or forward kicking the invader, unless the invader had a gun. But I would think that if the old man had a gun, it would have been brandished by then.

Pitt Gorilla
10-11-2017, 02:15 PM
As far as I can tell, the angry old man did not get on the bus. Based on my experiences riding school buses from 2nd to 12th grade, I don't think the driver would have needed to worry about the old man making his way onto the bus, because the man would have needed first to get to the door, which would have allowed the driver space to drive away. Even if the driver were stopped, the man would have needed to charge past the doors and up a confined stairwell, which would have been fairly easy for the driver to defend simply by donkey-stomping or forward kicking the invader, unless the invader had a gun. But I would think that if the old man had a gun, it would have been brandished by then.Literally from your previous post:

According to charging documents, the bus stopped after a short distance, and Doran got off the hood and, "was able to pull and force open the doors at which time he walked onto the bus and began arguing with the bus driver."

DanT
10-11-2017, 02:27 PM
Literally from your previous post:

A-ha! Thanks for correcting me! I'm wrong, both in thinking that the man hadn't gotten on the bus and thinking that he would not have been able to get on the bus. I somehow missed the part of the story you quoted. I think I was selectively reading it trying to figure out why the driver wasn't charged.

Pitt Gorilla
10-11-2017, 02:31 PM
A-ha! Thanks for correcting me! I'm wrong, both in thinking that the man hadn't gotten on the bus and thinking that he would not have been able to get on the bus. I somehow missed the part of the story you quoted. I think I was selectively reading it trying to figure out why the driver wasn't charged.I think that goes a long way to understanding why the driver would have kept driving; if the bus stops, this idiot has the chance to force his way onto it and access children whose safety has been entrusted to this driver.

Anecdotal experiences of shitty kids shouldn't be enough to allow this clown to have access to them.

Pitt Gorilla
10-11-2017, 02:32 PM
Hey Pitt Gorilla, can you quote the URL that you're referring to. I somehow am not able to find the quote you described in the three URLs I've cited, but if you tell me which URL to look at, I can try to read it more closely. :)Post 28.

DanT
10-11-2017, 02:39 PM
Post 28.

Thanks, Pitt Gorilla!

It will be interesting to see how this case plays out. I wonder why there is no video of the man arguing with the driver.

Nickel D
10-11-2017, 02:52 PM
Another example:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LreWfR_p__M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He also got it on video that the motorcyclist was crossing over double solid yellow lines which, FYI, is illegal.

MTG#10
10-11-2017, 03:23 PM
He also got it on video that the motorcyclist was crossing over double solid yellow lines which, FYI, is illegal.

So that gives him the right to swerve into him and possibly killing him? Dumbass. Cops are the only ones allowed to enforce/punish people for breaking laws. Not angry old baby boomers.