PDA

View Full Version : Electronics LED lights for house/Christmas

displacedinMN
10-15-2017, 11:34 AM
I want to put LED lights on the house. I would not mind leaving them up all year to change colors for what ever holiday it is.

Would like to start here- https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KSPR5GS?psc=1

but do not like the black strip-would like white to go with the trim.

Does anyone do anything like this now or have suggestions? Willing to spent a few hundred to out do my neighbor.

jspchief
10-15-2017, 01:02 PM
Believe it or not, there are Xmas light forums. I would check there.

Leds are awesome but there are tons of different types suited for different applications, and the market is flooded with sellers.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

DaneMcCloud
10-15-2017, 01:04 PM
I saw 50’ LED lights at Costco Friday but I didn’t check them out out in detail

Pablo
10-15-2017, 01:09 PM
Just curious here; but is decorating your house for Christmas ever a decision made by the man?

See, I've been a homeowner for a few years now and I've yet to put up lights and would never consider doing so unless my wife asked it of me. Are you guys doing this of your own volition or is this just an expected task via wife nagging many moons ago?

jspchief
10-15-2017, 01:13 PM
Just curious here; but is decorating your house for Christmas ever a decision made by the man?

See, I've been a homeowner for a few years now and I've yet to put up lights and would never consider doing so unless my wife asked it of me. Are you guys doing this of your own volition or is this just an expected task via wife nagging many moons ago?Some guys are into it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

displacedinMN
10-15-2017, 01:30 PM
I like it. So does the wife.
The sun sets at 4:30 and sunrise is at 7:40 during those long 2 weeks. Lights make it feel a little bit better.

MahiMike
10-15-2017, 01:32 PM
It's like fireworks on the 4th. I'd rather look at someone else's waste of money...

displacedinMN
10-20-2017, 07:01 PM
I put up my regular lights today. I have a high roof, it was nice and I had the day off.'

But sitting on fiberglass shingles suck and I do not stretch as well anymore. That is why I want LED strips. Still looking for the right set up. I will find it.

Waiting for Lewdog to tell me I am crazy.