TLO
10-15-2017, 09:35 PM
fill me in

what happun

Made a joke about Harvey W

Hold on I'll get you a link

Buehler445
10-15-2017, 09:35 PM
LOL. I've been on the tractor. What did I miss?

Frazod
10-15-2017, 09:36 PM
What the hell did he do?

Chiefspants
10-15-2017, 09:36 PM
THE GIANTS ARE COMING OFF A WORSE WEEK THAN HARVEY WEINSTEIN HAR HAR> - Al Michaels, contemporary social commentator.

TLO
10-15-2017, 09:37 PM
Idk how to embed, but here you go

https://twitter.com/JordanHeckFF/status/919752012882948101

Bearcat
This thing, I guess... https://screengrabber.deadspin.com/al-michaels-is-out-here-cracking-harvey-weinstein-jokes-1819493576

Eleazar
No, it was obviously a bad joke, but it's not like he made light of his victims or anything.

Besides, if the media types allowed that predator to operate in their midst as an open secret for so long, they can hardly excoriate Al Michaels for a simple joke that fell flat.

Hammock Parties
He offended the liberal progressive agenda.

You can't make jokes about just anything, you know!

notorious
No, it was funny FFS.

RealSNR
10-15-2017, 09:38 PM
"The Giants have had about as bad of a week as Harvey Weinstein"

He shouldn't have even apologized on the air. Any late night talk show host could make a joke like that and people would have thought it fine because the dude is the host of a comedy program.

eDave
10-15-2017, 09:39 PM
Just a dumb comment. For which he apologized. Others can say worse and get away with it.

cooper barrett
10-15-2017, 09:52 PM
I wish I would have thought of it.

If we loose Thursday, it (edited) will become my signature

TrebMaxx
10-15-2017, 09:54 PM
JFC people, get a grip! What Al said was relevant. The Giants have had a bad run as of late. Dipshit Hollywood asshat bigwig had a bad (really bad) week and deservedly so. But the joke was chuckle worthy do to the relevance, the current events and then the fact that the Giants are able to overcome. Plus the Donks lost, fuck the Donks!

Mav
10-15-2017, 09:54 PM
He shouldn't but the sensitive over reactionary pieces of shit will probably lose their minds over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alpha_omega
10-15-2017, 09:57 PM
Sure wouldn’t think so, but today......who knows.

MMXcalibur
10-15-2017, 09:57 PM
Just a dumb comment. For which he apologized. Others can say worse and get away with it.

He apologized.
Big deal, move on.

Ming the Merciless
10-15-2017, 09:59 PM
huh

i mean its not like he said "holy shit that guy just got weinsteined!!!"

i dont think he will get fired...but who knows , im not a huge pussy who gets offended by stuff

i actually took his comment as a negativbe towards weinstein...

eDave
10-15-2017, 10:01 PM
He should have said they were having a rougher week than Weinstien's victims when he was assaulting them. He'd have been fine then.

ping2000
10-15-2017, 10:06 PM
He should have said they were having a rougher week than Weinstien's victims when he was assaulting them. He'd have been fine then.No, because that's not funny. That's what happens to jokes when they go through the PC filter.

EPodolak
10-15-2017, 10:17 PM
For a better chuckle he should have reported seeing Harvey Weinstein signing Von Miller's jersey. He whiffed on potential Bronco jokes we could all love.

PutQuinnIn
10-15-2017, 10:18 PM
Worse week than? How bout almost as bad then you would have just gotten some tisk tisk too soon reaction.

TEX
10-15-2017, 10:20 PM
He apologized.
Big deal, move on.

This

BigRedChief
He apologized.
Big deal, move on.This. Just a dumb attempt at humor.

CaliforniaChief
Some people are professionally offended.

Frazod
10-15-2017, 10:23 PM
Hopefully he doesn't end up killing himself with a bullet to the back of the head.

wazu
10-15-2017, 10:24 PM
Really wish he hadn't apologized. Fuck anybody who is offended by that.

Prison Bitch
10-15-2017, 10:25 PM
Will people get a goddamn sense of humor? At least
Let PC go?

This is why we elected King Donald

penbrook
10-15-2017, 10:39 PM
Jemele Hill calls our president a white supremacist and she’s on a 2 week paid vacation

Bwana
10-15-2017, 10:46 PM
Really wish he hadn't apologized. **** anybody who is offended by that.

This

He won't be fired.

penbrook
10-15-2017, 10:50 PM
This

He won't be fired.

It is NBC. The only network to not cover Weinstein. They basically told the guy at the New Yorker not to publish the story but he did anyways.

cooper barrett
10-15-2017, 10:59 PM
Jemele Hill calls our president a white supremacist and she’s on a 2 week paid vacation

She had been warned in writing...

penbrook
10-15-2017, 11:02 PM
She had been warned in writing...

Did Curt Schilling or Sage Steele get a warning? What about Linda Cohn? Nope! ESPN if you don’t agree with their views you are out. Just ask Mike Ditka

cooper barrett
10-15-2017, 11:54 PM
Did Curt Schilling or Sage Steele get a warning? What about Linda Cohn? Nope! ESPN if you don’t agree with their views you are out. Just ask Mike Ditka

Shilling were fired, she was suspended, and Cohn was given a day off... Why is Steele on the list?.

Hill was not fired because this was the first time she violated ESPN's rules on discussing politics. Schilling was fired because he had repeatedly been warned to stop and did not.

Contracts are different for everyone, I am sure that if Shilling had recourse he would have taken it.

Nobody is missed Schilling and the others are still there.

penbrook
10-16-2017, 12:03 AM
Shilling were fired, she was suspended, and Cohn was given a day off... Why is Steele on the list?.

Hill was not fired because this was the first time she violated ESPN's rules on discussing politics. Schilling was fired because he had repeatedly been warned to stop and did not.

Contracts are different for everyone, I am sure that if Shilling had recourse he would have taken it.

Nobody is missed Schilling and the others are still there.

Cohn was given a leave of absence. She is back however. And Steele got booted from prime time sportscenter to I believe late night. She voiced her conservative views

Dylan
10-16-2017, 12:09 AM
I was expecting the Broncos to blowout the Giants in Denver tonight, therefore I was tuning in and out of the game most of the night and missed the joke live on TV.

After listening to the video, I thought Al Michaels' Weinstein joke was a funny line.

The apology for the joke was unnecessary.

I heard Collinsworth say "Good luck" to Al - thought that was funny.

aturnis
10-16-2017, 12:11 AM
Only conservative idiots would think this would get Al Michael's fired.

Why? B/c of the liberal agenda, man!

Fucking idiots.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Frazod
10-16-2017, 12:21 AM

Fucking idiots.

It was a liberal who started the thread, you fucking tool. And nobody here wants him fired.

RobBlake
10-16-2017, 12:47 AM
It was a liberal who started the thread, you ****ing tool. And nobody here wants him fired.

Lmao people are so quick to cut people's throats.

cooper barrett
10-16-2017, 12:54 AM
Cohn was given a leave of absence. She took the weekend off as she was ordered to do, I am sure that it was put in the records as a suspension for HR recordkeeping. I don't think you can say she ever left...She is back however. And Steele got booted from prime time sportscenter to I believe late night.The television personality has signed a multi-year deal with the Worldwide Leader, the company announced in a release Monday. Steele will take on a new role as the anchor of SportsCenter: A.M., which airs at 7:10 a.m. Monday through Thursday.

The news comes just more than month after Steele was demoted from her role as host of NBA Countdown. ESPN replaced her with Michelle Beadle. She voiced her conservative views

Go go the **** away and think about how you have affected your own credibility

Mav
10-16-2017, 01:12 AM

Completely different scenario boss. You can't "prove" Trump is a white supremacist, even tho we all KNOW he is, there is MULTIPLE REPORTS of proof that Harvey Weinstein is in fact a rapist and is having a bad week.

Mav
10-16-2017, 01:14 AM
I was expecting the Broncos to blowout the Giants in Denver tonight, therefore I was tuning in and out of the game most of the night and missed the joke live on TV.

After listening to the video, I thought Al Michaels' Weinstein joke was a funny line.

The apology for the joke was unnecessary.

I heard Collinsworth say "Good luck" to Al - thought that was funny.

Thank you for your perspective. I needed yours in all honesty. You're as level headed as they get.

Nickhead
10-16-2017, 02:13 AM
the joke was funny as, but he should be let go for other reasons:

going senile.... his commentary is bordering on john madden level now. :D

Rasputin
10-16-2017, 04:59 AM
the joke was funny as, but he should be let go for other reasons:

going senile.... his commentary is bordering on john madden level now. :D

This. He shouldn't be fired at his joke but his general comintary sucks.

Weinstein has been a running inside joke in Hollywood for decades just now it's gotten out. Any jab at Weinstein is funny because he deserves the humility.

Buns
10-16-2017, 05:02 AM
"The Broncos are getting more violated than a starlet at a 90's Miramax premiere!"

There, that's way worse.

displacedinMN
10-16-2017, 05:43 AM
no. But it wasn't funny.

wazu
10-16-2017, 08:39 AM
"The Broncos are getting more violated than a starlet at a 90's Miramax premiere!"

There, that's way worse.

He should use this one next week just to double down.

gblowfish
10-16-2017, 10:42 AM
Off to the DC in 3......2.......1.....

patteeu
10-16-2017, 10:48 AM
IMO, whether you think the joke was funny or lame, it's stupid to criticize Michaels for this simply because it involves an alleged rapist who's going down in flames.

gblowfish
10-16-2017, 12:25 PM
Its not like he said "LOOK at that little monkey RUN!!"

He made a rape joke. A bad rape joke.

I'll bet half of the NFL audience doesn't even know who Weinstein is, or give a flying flip even if they know who he is.

Rain Man
10-16-2017, 01:02 PM
The funniest part to me is that you could tell that he was internally debating whether to say it as he was speaking, and he decided to go for it. But his tone of voice told me he wasn't quite convinced that it was a good idea.

I didn't really think it was particularly funny or clever, but whatever. I expect some people to fly into a tizzy over it, but I don't think it's a joke about rape. It's a joke about a guy who got called out for wrongdoing.

gblowfish
10-16-2017, 02:45 PM
If you're gonna make a rape joke, then make a rape joke. Like:
Q: What does an Arkansas Girl say when she loses her virginity?
A: Git off me Daddy, you're crushin' my smokes!

Frazod
10-16-2017, 02:50 PM

Here's one for the Hill haters:
Q: What's the best way to serve battered women?
A: With fries and a beer.

KCUnited
10-16-2017, 02:54 PM
Phillip Gaines with CNN-like coverage of the Weinstein story on Antonio Brown.

vailpass
10-16-2017, 02:56 PM
Here's one for the Hill haters:
Q: What's the best way to serve battered women?
A: With fries and a beer.

LMAO

Rain Man
10-16-2017, 02:57 PM

When I was a little kid, I bought a "Cowboy joke book" at some souvenir shop on a family trip. I was probably ten or eleven years old, so my sense of humor wasn't the finely tuned machine that it is today. Most of the jokes were pretty corny.

But even at that age, i found one of the jokes to be rather odd, odd enough that I still remember it. It went something like this:

A Cowboy out in the desert stumbled upon a beautiful pioneer woman tied naked and spreadeagled on the ground. She said, "Help me! The Indians wiped out my wagon train, tied me down here, and raped me!"

The Cowboy began pulling down his pants and said, "I guess this just isn't your day."

That was it. That was the joke. I guess times have changed.

Bwana
10-16-2017, 02:59 PM

****ing idiots.

ROFL

https://i.imgur.com/eL4DxSFh.jpg (https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi-xoy6hPbWAhVB72MKHe-qAfMQjRwIBw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fimgur.com%2Fgallery%2FeL4DxSF&psig=AOvVaw0QVVUokmklmEdp6NH2clky&ust=1508273946375599)

vailpass
10-16-2017, 03:05 PM
ROFL

https://i.imgur.com/eL4DxSFh.jpg (https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi-xoy6hPbWAhVB72MKHe-qAfMQjRwIBw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fimgur.com%2Fgallery%2FeL4DxSF&psig=AOvVaw0QVVUokmklmEdp6NH2clky&ust=1508273946375599)

It appears Aturnis' fallopian tubes have come untied.

srvy
10-16-2017, 03:06 PM

Fucking idiots.

A Turnip buzzes in like a pecker gnat.

luv
10-16-2017, 03:16 PM

He shouldn't have even apologized on the air. Any late night talk show host could make a joke like that and people would have thought it fine because the dude is the host of a comedy program.

I didn't even realize what he'd said whenever he made the apology. Then, within minutes, I'd forgotten he'd apologized in order to remember to look up what he'd apologized for.

I wouldn't mind if Cris Collinsworth lost his job over what Al said though. Of course, I wouldn't be unhappy if Crissy lost his job over anything. :)

Hoopsdoc
10-16-2017, 03:45 PM

****ing idiots.

:facepalm:

Michaels experienced what comedians like Jerry Seinfeld have been bemoaning for years. Political correctness in this country has gotten so out of control that you can't even tell a joke anymore.

Deberg_1990
10-16-2017, 03:50 PM
Let's hope this old fossil does!

Do you believe in Miracles?

Spott
10-16-2017, 04:11 PM
I don't get the reference.

Chief Roundup
10-16-2017, 04:40 PM
Who the fuck is Harvey Weinstein and why should anyone care?

Hoopsdoc
10-16-2017, 04:51 PM
Who the **** is Harvey Weinstein and why should anyone care?

Someone wanna get this guy a television?

MahiMike
10-16-2017, 06:53 PM
So tired of people looking for someone to screw up so they can point and laugh at them.

What a society we've become.

Dylan
10-16-2017, 07:44 PM
Completely different scenario boss. You can't "prove" Trump is a white supremacist, even tho we all KNOW he is, there is MULTIPLE REPORTS of proof that Harvey Weinstein is in fact a rapist and is having a bad week.

Perhaps if you grew up in NYC, you would know the following...

http://i.imgur.com/zcLtd7k.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B45Meo3CYAEVS0T.jpg

https://twitchy.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/trump_jackson.jpg

http://media.breitbart.com/media/2015/07/trump-sharpton-getty.jpg

These race-baiters have been sucking money off of Trump for their causes for decades.

Moral of the story, don't believe everything you read.

Weinstein...

KChiefs1
10-17-2017, 05:36 PM
He should have said they were having a rougher week than Weinstien's victims when he was assaulting them. He'd have been fine then.

You obviously have no sense of humor.

ping2000
10-17-2017, 05:55 PM
You obviously have no sense of humor.Progressive humor is limited to jokes about white heterosexual men. Jokes must contain the word Nazi or Russian, or use severed heads.

Chiefshrink
10-17-2017, 05:57 PM
No, it was obviously a bad joke, but it's not like he made light of his victims or anything.

Besides, if the media types allowed that predator to operate in their midst as an open secret for so long, they can hardly excoriate Al Michaels for a simple joke that fell flat.

BINGO !!

However, we all know he would have been applauded if HW were conservative and the joke then would have flown over like a 5th Dimension Hot Air Ballon flight(UP,UP and away in my beautiful balloon !!).:shrug::D

Hey what was the big difference between Bill Cosby victims vs HW victims ??

Chiefshrink
10-17-2017, 05:59 PM
Who the **** is Harvey Weinstein and why should anyone care?

Care for your wife, your daughter, your granddaughter MAN !!!:shrug:

Rain Man
10-17-2017, 06:00 PM
BINGO !!

However, we all know he would have been applauded if HW were conservative and the joke then would have flown over like a 5th Dimension Hot Air Ballon flight(UP,UP and away in my beautiful balloon !!).:shrug::D

Hey what was the big difference between Bill Cosby victims vs HW victims ??

Bill Cosby's victims got a pudding pop when they woke up?

kysirsoze
10-17-2017, 06:29 PM
Just did a quick check of the most liberally outraged sites I know of and saw nothing about this, let alone a call for his dismissal. Don't let that slow down the "fuck PC" brigade, though.

Chiefshrink
10-17-2017, 06:40 PM

I see what you did there.;)

What is the difference though ? Come on Rain my Man you are a smart guy !

ping2000
10-17-2017, 06:40 PM
Just did a quick check of the most liberally outraged sites I know of and saw nothing about this, let alone a call for his dismissal. Don't let that slow down the "fuck PC" brigade, though.Don't worry. We won't stop pointing out progressive retards.

cooper barrett
10-17-2017, 08:07 PM

What flavor was yours?

BWillie
10-17-2017, 09:16 PM
THE GIANTS ARE COMING OFF A WORSE WEEK THAN HARVEY WEINSTEIN HAR HAR> - Al Michaels, contemporary social commentator.

We need more of this stuff. More Anthony Jeselnik shit. It's okay to joke about things. It's okay to make light hearted comments to ease the tone.

Less pray for victims. Less Twitter thoughts & prayers. Less Facebook thinking of you. Praying and "thinking" of victims does nothing. Get out and fucking do something about it. All you do when post your social media tributes is just tell the world "Hey, look at me too! I'm still here, think about me too!". It's not about you.

We know rape is bad. We know murder is bad. We know stealing is bad. We know racism is bad. Your social media commentary isn't changing shit. Raise your kids better. Or don't. I don't know. Volunteer. Donate money. And you know what. Do it intrinsically. You don't have to do it for personal gain, or so people know about it. Do it out of the your own pleasure. Some people are psychopaths. Nothing you can do about it.

Shit happens.

Okay, rant over.

Shark party.

HemiEd
10-18-2017, 05:35 AM
Really wish he hadn't apologized. **** anybody who is offended by that.

This, fuckem

Pointer19
10-18-2017, 05:56 AM

Word. I was torn on the poll between this and Andy should've kicked a field goal.