PDA

View Full Version : Football How do you feel about NFL being sued by Kaepernick?

cooper barrett
10-15-2017, 09:58 PM
I am not doing a poll but this could could blowout the Players Union agreements and possibly become the beginning of the end of the NFL as we know it.

What are your thoughts?

Msmith
10-15-2017, 10:02 PM
Should this be in the Political Forum? But if you think he sucks, then let this thread stays.

eDave
Should this be in the Political Forum? But if you think he sucks, then let this thread stays.

Oh there's one there already.

TribalElder
He ends up in Green Bay?

Mav
10-15-2017, 10:07 PM
He ends up in Green Bay?

They've spent three years developing Brett Hundley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bugeater
10-15-2017, 10:08 PM
I don't know anything about it.

bigjosh
10-15-2017, 10:08 PM
They've spent three years developing Brett Hundley.

The same way the chiefs spent 5 years "developing" Bray?

BryanBusby
10-15-2017, 10:11 PM
When you watch Matt Cassel take snaps, I don't think you can say he doesn't have a point. Or Kevin Hogan.

They fucking suck dick. Collusion is taking place.

Hammock Parties
10-15-2017, 10:13 PM
Suing the most powerful professional sports league in the world, one that is led by a guy who used to be a fucking lawyer, seems like a really bright move.

But we all know Colin Kaepernick is a bright young man.

Buehler445
10-15-2017, 10:13 PM
I honestly can't bring myself to give a fuck.

RealSNR
10-15-2017, 10:14 PM
I agree with Busby that collusion is definitely taking place, but other than receiving cash for financial damages, how can this be rectified if he wins?

Because this is a league of teams, you can't legally make a team sign him.

BigRedChief
10-15-2017, 10:15 PM
At a minimum, He is obviously better than a lot of teams backups. He should have a job. It's a case of collusion.

Buehler445
10-15-2017, 10:16 PM
When you watch Matt Cassel take snaps, I don't think you can say he doesn't have a point. Or Kevin Hogan.

Oh that's a reach. Casshole has been cashing undeserved checks for close to a decade.

It's the same shit TO and Teblows fought. They're not worth the clown show they ride in on. That's on ESPN not the owners.

The owners are largely sword swallowing sisterfuckers but to say there is obvious collusion is a reach.

BryanBusby
10-15-2017, 10:21 PM
Oh that's a reach. Casshole has been cashing undeserved checks for close to a decade.

It's the same shit TO and Teblows fought. They're not worth the clown show they ride in on. That's on ESPN not the owners.

The owners are largely sword swallowing sisterfuckers but to say there is obvious collusion is a reach.

TO was a dinosaur age wise and Tebow fucking sucked. Kaep was ok last year and should be on a team. No fucking way will you ever convince me Weeden, Casssel, Hogan, etc are worth a spot over him.

Frazod
10-15-2017, 10:22 PM
He's kind of like Sam in a couple of ways. First off, he can't just be a player - he has to be a HEY HEY LOOK AT ME AND MY CAUSE WHICH IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN EVERYTHING ELSE kind of player. Nobody wants that distraction on their team in an age where the liberal media is like a swarm of locusts destroying everything in its path in the name of progress.

And second, also like Sam, he's nowhere near good enough to justify the baggage.

Imon Yourside
10-15-2017, 10:22 PM
Is he better than many collecting checks? absolutely! That being said if none of the owners want to deal with the headache then they have the right to not touch him with a 10 foot pole.

dls6501
10-15-2017, 10:24 PM
This is probably going to be a difficult suit for Colin to win. I absolutely think he is being blackballed.

Kyle DeLexus
10-15-2017, 10:25 PM
At a minimum, He is obviously better than a lot of teams backups. He should have a job. It's a case of collusion.

But does he want to be a backup? What kind of contract is he looking for? If he wants to be a starter, he is the type of QB that can win you enough games to not pick in the top 10 and get a real franchise guy. You either want a franchise QB or someone with the potential to be a franchise QB that if they fail will land you a top 10 draft pick to get a franchise QB.

If he is ok being a backup and will accept a backup contract, he should have a job.

TrebMaxx
10-15-2017, 10:27 PM
Meh.

cooper barrett
10-15-2017, 10:32 PM
Mark John Geragos is an Armenian-American criminal defense lawyer. Clients that he has represented include Michael Jackson, actress Winona Ryder, politician Gary Condit, Susan McDougal, and Scott Peterson. He was also involved in the Whitewater controversy. Geragos represented suspended NASCAR driver Jeremy Mayfield; Paul and Kulbir Dhaliwal, two brothers injured after a tiger escaped in San Francisco Zoo; and musician Chris Brown, who pleaded guilty in the assault of his then girlfriend Rihanna. In addition, he assisted the family of David Carradine in the aftermath of his accidental auto-erotic death.

Geragos & Geragos official statement

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DMOAghJV4AEZ9pS.jpg

lcarus
10-15-2017, 10:36 PM
Clearly the argument isn't whether he's better than a lot of the backups in the league and possibly a few starters as well. It's whether a team wants the PR bull that comes with signing him. If he was good enough, he'd be on a team somewhere because the pros would outweigh the cons.

Frazod
10-15-2017, 10:37 PM
Let's keep things in perspective - this fucking turd lost his job to Blaine Gabbert. :spock:

Bwana
10-15-2017, 10:48 PM
Fuck him.

cooper barrett
10-15-2017, 10:49 PM
if the Packers offer a minimum contract for the remainder of 2017, the grievance would still continue, maybe gain strength if he plays well....

FYI: If Kaepernick can prove collusion, he stands to receive a sizable amount of money. His damages would be tripled: hypothetically, if Kaepernick proves that collusion cost him $10 million, he would be awarded $30 million in damages.

Ming the Merciless
10-15-2017, 11:00 PM
it could be pretty embarassing for Kaep when they make the judgment that it wasnt collusion by 32 teams and the NFL that kept him from getting a job, it was because he sucks

BigRedChief
10-15-2017, 11:12 PM
Let's keep things in perspective - this fucking turd lost his job to Blaine Gabbert. :spock:inget that he may not be a starter for a team. But who is going to say with a straight face that he is not better than some teams backup? He's worse than Clevelands backup? Really?

Frazod
10-15-2017, 11:20 PM
inget that he may not be a starter for a team. But who is going to say with a straight face that he is not better than some teams backup? He's worse than Clevelands backup? Really?

You want all the bullshit that comes with him just so he can be your backup? The media coverage? The fan outrage? Over a fucking backup?

NO, you don't. That's why the loudmouth cocksucker doesn't have a job. Well, that and he sucks.

BryanBusby
10-15-2017, 11:24 PM
inget that he may not be a starter for a team. But who is going to say with a straight face that he is not better than some teams backup? He's worse than Clevelands backup? Really?
He's a starter for a handful of teams.

Over Yonder
10-15-2017, 11:29 PM
it could be pretty embarassing for Kaep when they make the judgment that it wasnt collusion by 32 teams and the NFL that kept him from getting a job, it was because he sucks

Yea, that's pretty much the skinny of it.

Mile High Mania
10-15-2017, 11:35 PM
Here's my thought on this...

The NFL really hasn't taken a stance on Kaepernick's lack of empolyment, have they?

What about guys like Darrell Revis? 32 and not signed, correct? He's likely better than a lot of guys on depth charts playing due to injury. There have to be a dozen other names like that... they won't all be apples to apples, but I'm not sure they have to be. RGIII and others are out there all have baggage and be honest, no team wants Kaep's baggage esp at this point.

How do you prove collusion when the NFL or any hack online can find a dozen similar caliber players that are also unemployed? I think part of the goal here is to screw the NFL... if they can prove this, then it blows up the current CBA, I believe.

Frazod
10-15-2017, 11:38 PM
If they league loses, do they have to MAKE somebody sign the sonofabitch? How would that work? A lottery drawing where everybody has a ball (except New England, of course) and the loser gets him? LMAO

Gadzooks
10-15-2017, 11:40 PM
The only thing I don't like about football is the NFL.
It used to be the NFL owner's would've clamped down on this type of shit as is their right as employers. Now-a-days, if it makes headlines, go with it. Politics are popular so let's bring it into our sport to get more exposure.
They have a breast cancer month where everyone wears pink and 15% of the money goes towards breast cancer research. Katy Perry, Coldplay, Beyonce, Madonna as Super Bowl half-time shows? Are we 12 year old girls?
The NFL is killing itself in the name of popularity and, more importantly, profits. This isn't sustainable.

kjwood75nro
10-15-2017, 11:43 PM
Every company in any state has a caustic, loudmouth, semi-competent load of bullshit and baggage that can claim to be slightly more competent than the absolute bottom-tier of said company.

So what?

Frazod
10-15-2017, 11:44 PM
The only thing I don't like about football is the NFL.
It used to be the NFL owner's would've clamped down on this type of shit as is their right as employers. Now-a-days, if it makes headlines, go with it. Politics are popular so let's bring it into our sport to get more exposure.
They have a breast cancer month where everyone wears pink and 15% of the money goes towards breast cancer research. Katy Perry, Coldplay, Beyonce, Madonna as Super Bowl half-time shows? Are we 12 year old girls?
The NFL is killing itself in the name of popularity and, more importantly, profits. This isn't sustainable.

At least they've finally got the message with that pink shit. Thank God.

Mile High Mania
10-15-2017, 11:46 PM
If they league loses, do they have to MAKE somebody sign the sonofabitch? How would that work? A lottery drawing where everybody has a ball (except New England, of course) and the loser gets him? LMAO

I've heard commentators say that at least 1 team made him a backup offer... if true, how does that not negate the claim?

BryanBusby
10-15-2017, 11:50 PM
I've heard commentators say that at least 1 team made him a backup offer... if true, how does that not negate the claim?
Ah, no.

If Kaep wins his case, the owners are in some very serious shit. They need to hope Irsay didn't send a bunch of emails after swallowing a handful of pills.

Outside of that, this is nothing more but a PR stunt.

TribalElder
10-15-2017, 11:53 PM
Mark John Geragos is an Armenian-American criminal defense lawyer. Clients that he has represented include Michael Jackson, actress Winona Ryder, politician Gary Condit, Susan McDougal, and Scott Peterson. He was also involved in the Whitewater controversy. Geragos represented suspended NASCAR driver Jeremy Mayfield; Paul and Kulbir Dhaliwal, two brothers injured after a tiger escaped in San Francisco Zoo; and musician Chris Brown, who pleaded guilty in the assault of his then girlfriend Rihanna. In addition, he assisted the family of David Carradine in the aftermath of his accidental auto-erotic death.

Geragos & Geragos official statement

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DMOAghJV4AEZ9pS.jpg

I thought I heard someone say the cba would be invalidated if the league loses

BryanBusby
10-15-2017, 11:55 PM
It would be and you could be damn certain that the players will go for blood in the next deal. In that case, an NFL season may not happen.

aturnis
10-16-2017, 12:00 AM
I thought I heard someone say the cba would be invalidated if the league losesThis.

This move isn't about him.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Mile High Mania
10-16-2017, 12:03 AM
This.

This move isn't about him.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yeah, he's decided to be a one-man wrecking ball...

cooper barrett
10-16-2017, 12:04 AM

No, he just has to prove what it cost him and then X by 3. $10M= $30M

I have no idea if he can get expected career earning but I am sure that after collusion is proved this will become very important to both parties.

Mile High Mania
10-16-2017, 12:09 AM
https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/10/15/colin-kaepernick-collusion-lawsuit-against-nfl

And, does this matter?

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/252845/proving-collusion-by-nfl-owners-will-be-tough-for-colin-kaepernick

Here's the relevant wording of the CBA's "burden of proof" for collusion:

"The failure by a club or clubs to negotiate, to submit offer sheets, or to sign contracts with restricted free agents or transition players, or to negotiate, make offers, or sign contracts for the playing services of such players or unrestricted free agents, shall not, by itself or in combination only with evidence about the playing skills of the player(s) not receiving any such offer or contract, satisfy the burden of proof set forth …"

Kaepernick began sitting or kneeling during the national anthem while with the San Francisco 49ers in August 2016, protesting what he said was police brutality and racism. He has remained unemployed since opting out of his contract in March.

He wouldn't be 'unsigned' had he not opted out... and are any of the other players that have taken a knee been cut?

BryanBusby
10-16-2017, 12:15 AM
The 49ers were not keeping him, so at the time it made sense to get an early start on FA.

Looking back, they should have just kept him.

Mile High Mania
10-16-2017, 12:18 AM
I think it's all a 30 year plan by Trump to seek his ultimate revenge on the NFL... that's what his entire run for office was about. And, he's created this situation with Kaepernick. Way back in 1990, when they delivered the check for $3 in the settlement, he decided there was only one way to win.

cooper barrett
10-16-2017, 12:34 AM

Article 17 of the CBA,

Section 16. Termination: The NFLPA shall have the right to terminate this Agreement,
under the following circumstances:
(a) Where there has been a finding or [mdings of one or more instances of a
violation of Section 1 of this Article with respect to any one NFL season which, either
individually or in total, involved five or more Clubs and caused injury to 20 or more
players; or
(b) Where there has been a finding or findings of one or more instances of a
violation of Section 1 of this Article with respect to any two consecutive NFL seasons
which, either individually or in total, involved seven or more Clubs and caused injury to
28 or more players. For purposes of this Subsection 16(b), a player found to have been
injured by a violation of Section 1 of this Article in each of two consecutive seasons shall
be counted as an additional player injured by such a violation for each such NFL season;
or
(c) Where, in a proceeding brought by the NFLP A, it is shown by clear and
convincing evidence that 14 or more Clubs have engaged in a violation or violations of
Section 1 of this Article causing injury to one or more NFL players.
(d) In order to terminate this Agreement:
�) The proceeding must be brought by the NFLP A;
(ii) The NFL and the System Arbitrator must be informed at the outset of
any such proceeding that the NFLP A is proceeding under this Section for the purpose
of establishing its entidement to terminate this Agreement; and
�) The System Arbitrator must find that the Clubs engaged in willful collusion
with the intent of restraining competition among teams for players.

Kyle DeLexus
10-16-2017, 12:36 AM
He's a starter for a handful of teams.

If you were the GM of one of those teams would you sign Kaep to be your starter? He is not a QB you build your team around so he would need to go to a team that is built to compete now and hope the rest of the team will carry him into the playoffs.

I really only think Minnesota would fit and even then you don't plan on him being your starter for the entire season. Maybe Green Bay would fit the bill now but they may feel Hundley gives them a better chance to win if he fits their scheme.

crazycoffey
10-16-2017, 12:43 AM

If there's any truth to him having offers he turned down, this case has no merit.

But honestly I don't even care

crazycoffey
10-16-2017, 12:44 AM
The 49ers were not keeping him, so at the time it made sense to get an early start on FA.

Looking back, they should have just kept him.

I thought he voided his own contract.

BryanBusby
10-16-2017, 12:47 AM
If you were the GM of one of those teams would you sign Kaep to be your starter? He is not a QB you build your team around so he would need to go to a team that is built to compete now and hope the rest of the team will carry him into the playoffs.

I really only think Minnesota would fit and even then you don't plan on him being your starter for the entire season. Maybe Green Bay would fit the bill now but they may feel Hundley gives them a better chance to win if he fits their scheme.
If I am the 49ers, Jets, Jaguars, Browns, Dolphins or Packers post injury yeah I make the signing. Hundley blows ass.

BryanBusby
10-16-2017, 12:47 AM
I thought he voided his own contract.
Because the 49ers were gonna release him, as that post said...

cooper barrett
10-16-2017, 01:02 AM
If there's any truth to him having offers he turned down, this case has no merit.

But honestly I don't even care

Wrong Joe lawyer:D:D:D

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-kzFmZQHzCY8/UQnZ7p-KiZI/AAAAAAAAAEU/Wkh7o5xxQzE/s1600/Fake+lawyer.jpg

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/10/15/colin-kaepernick-collusion-lawsuit-against-nfl

"Some have speculated that Kaepernick might have told teams, or at least implied to them, that he wants to start. It’s also possible that Kaepernick has turned down overtures—perhaps even offers—from teams that want to sign him.

None of that would prevent Kaepernick from proving collusion. Why? Because an alleged conspiracy might have involved other teams and their officials. If two teams colluded against Kaepernick, and the 30 other teams did not collude, Kaepernick would still have been victimized by collusion."

crazycoffey
10-16-2017, 01:02 AM
Because the 49ers were gonna release him, as that post said...

So he was released, or not?

BryanBusby
10-16-2017, 01:07 AM
So he was released, or not?
I don't know what to tell you if our back and forth hasn't answered this for you already.

crazycoffey
10-16-2017, 01:13 AM
Wrong Joe lawyer:D:D:D

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-kzFmZQHzCY8/UQnZ7p-KiZI/AAAAAAAAAEU/Wkh7o5xxQzE/s1600/Fake+lawyer.jpg

"Some have speculated that Kaepernick might have told teams, or at least implied to them, that he wants to start. It’s also possible that Kaepernick has turned down overtures—perhaps even offers—from teams that want to sign him.

None of that would prevent Kaepernick from proving collusion. Why? Because an alleged conspiracy might have involved other teams and their officials. If two teams colluded against Kaepernick, and the 30 other teams did not collude, Kaepernick would still have been victimized by collusion."

Well, the burden of proof is still in kap's lawyers hands. He has to prove two team leadership positions talked about not signing him because of the kneeling or some other civilly protected reason. They could talk about his recent playing skills and it wouldn't be collusion.

I still don't care enough to continue talking about it, I don't think it has merit, and further I think the lawyers/Kap are hoping for a settlement.

crazycoffey
10-16-2017, 01:15 AM
I don't know what to tell you if our back and forth hasn't answered this for you already.

Why are you talking in code? It's a simple question, one you eluded you answered; but didn't.

Did the 49ers release Kap?

BryanBusby
10-16-2017, 01:22 AM
Why are you talking in code? It's a simple question, one you eluded you answered; but didn't.

Code? Uh.

I said the 49ers were gonna release him. If they did, I wouldn't of said were. That's pretty straight forward there.

cooper barrett
10-16-2017, 01:22 AM

The answer is no!!!!

Mav
10-16-2017, 01:27 AM
The same way the chiefs spent 5 years "developing" Bray?

No. A guy they drafted in the second round and who could start on some teams.

Mav
10-16-2017, 01:29 AM
I am really hoping this goes next level and Kaepernick gets exposed for the piece of shit human he really is.

crazycoffey
10-16-2017, 01:30 AM
It's kinda maddening to say basically the same thing as someone else, only to be argued with.

BryanBusby
10-16-2017, 01:32 AM
I am really hoping this goes next level and Kaepernick gets exposed for the piece of shit human he really is.

A piece of shit? How so?

Hoopsdoc
10-16-2017, 02:16 AM
A piece of shit? How so?

Cops as pigs socks? Castro t-shirt? :shrug:

BryanBusby
10-16-2017, 02:22 AM
Cops as pigs socks? Castro t-shirt? :shrug:
That makes him an idiot, but piece of shit is a bit much.

Hoopsdoc
10-16-2017, 02:29 AM
That makes him an idiot, but piece of shit is a bit much.

Meh, asshole for sure. Foaming lunatic, definitely. Piece of shit? Coin flip.

crazycoffey
10-16-2017, 03:03 AM
You had it right the first time, don't waiver on your convictions

Hoopsdoc
10-16-2017, 03:06 AM
Gotta love Kap. Believes in his cause SO much........

........that he promised to stop his kneeling if someone would just give him a job.LMAO

I believe MLK once did something similar.

Sandy Vagina
10-16-2017, 06:01 AM
Kaep was ok last year and should be on a team.

So is there some reason NFL owners/GMs/Coaches can't make the decision to not sign someone? It's their team. Why are they to be forced to sign him?

It's been said many times that owners/GMs/coaches discuss players with other owners/GMs/coaches.

If no one wants to deal with him, then too ****ing bad for him. The League isn't sending me offers.. maybe I should sue them too?

Marcellus
10-16-2017, 06:40 AM
A piece of shit? How so?

His foundation gave money to an organization named after and in honor of a woman convicted of killing a Chicago Police officer and he tweeted her (Assatta Shakur) a Happy Birthday last year.

Nuff said, he can rot in hell for the remainder of his existence as far as I am concerned.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/sep/28/colin-kaepernick-charity-donates-25000-to-assatas-/

cooper barrett
10-16-2017, 06:47 AM
So is there some reason NFL owners/GMs/Coaches can't make the decision to not sign someone? It's their team. Why are they to be forced to sign him?

It's been said many times that owners/GMs/coaches discuss players with other owners/GMs/coaches.

If no one wants to deal with him, then too ****ing bad for him. The League isn't sending me offers.. maybe I should sue them too?

You should look at the definition of collusion in the NFL is...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwih7dvBlvXWAhWC7yYKHSJ3DTUQFggoMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fnfllabor.files.wordpress.com%2F2010%2F01%2Fcollective-bargaining-agreement-2011-2020.pdf&usg=AOvVaw3isjvy1wvQCzm6Y8mXXMZA

ping2000
10-16-2017, 07:06 AM
Defense Attorney: "I would like to submit your honor game film showing Mr. Kaepernick attempting to play QB in numerous NFL games."

Judge: "Case dismissed."

cooper barrett
10-16-2017, 07:15 AM
His foundation gave money to an organization named after and in honor of a woman convicted of killing a Chicago Police officer and he tweeted her (Assatta Shakur) a Happy Birthday last year.

Nuff said, he can rot in hell for the remainder of his existence as far as I am concerned.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/sep/28/colin-kaepernick-charity-donates-25000-to-assatas-/

With that on your resume you don't need to be blackballed. No pun intended.

It's a shame not all K7 donations are listed in each article...

https://www.gq.com/story/colin-kaepernick-million-dollar-pledge

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/8/23/16189462/colin-kaepernicks-foundation-donates-another-100000-to-j-cole-and-others

When you look between the lines it starts to look like " he donates and they protest for him" if you know how to see it. Harlem girls were at NFL headquarters... see for yourself.

kccrow
10-16-2017, 07:29 AM
He has to prove that 14 or more NFL teams told each other not to sign him. Good fucking luck with that.

He doesn't have a job because 1) he's not very fucking good, 2) he terminated his own contract, 3) he's turned down offers to be a backup, and 4) he causes issues. No team is going to take a mediocre talent that isn't willing to sit the bench and keep his mouth shut, more or less the other issues he has. None. And they shouldn't.

thegame214
10-16-2017, 07:38 AM
Matt Cassel has a job still. He doesn't. It's about the drama and I get avoiding it, but don't pretend he's not at least a BACKUP

cooper barrett
10-16-2017, 07:39 AM
He has to prove that 14 or more NFL teams told each other not to sign him. Good ****ing luck with that.

He doesn't have a job because 1) he's not very ****ing good, 2) he terminated his own contract, 3) he's turned down offers to be a backup, and 4) he causes issues. No team is going to take a mediocre talent that isn't willing to sit the bench and keep his mouth shut, more or less the other issues he has. None. And they shouldn't.

Where the **** did you hear that? Proof source required.

And so that you know: For Kaepernick to prove collusion, he would need to show that two or more teams, or the league office and at least one team, conspired in some way to deny him an opportunity to play in the NFL.

kccrow
10-16-2017, 07:45 AM
Matt Cassel has a job still. He doesn't. It's about the drama and I get avoiding it, but don't pretend he's not at least a BACKUP

He is a backup, that's about his skill level. He has to want to sign a backup contract and a one-year one at that; no team at this point is going to make it a multi-year deal. In the NFL, where there is smoke there is fire. If there is news out there that he told his camp he didn't want to sign a vet minimum deal to be a backup, then there's probably alot of truth to that. Pete Carroll saying that he "is a starter," "we already have a starter," and "he should get signed" sure sounds like putting lipstick on the pig and meaning "well, we'd sign him as a backup but he wants to be a starter with starter money and we're not going to do that although I'm sure someone will."

kccrow
10-16-2017, 07:48 AM
Where the **** did you hear that? Proof source required.

And so that you know: For Kaepernick to prove collusion, he would need to show that two or more teams, or the league office and at least one team, conspired in some way to deny him an opportunity to play in the NFL.

I was thinking about voiding of the CBA.

He's still going to have a large burden on his hands to prove even two parties conspired to restrict his access to the league.

thegame214
10-16-2017, 07:50 AM
He is a backup, that's about his skill level. He has to want to sign a backup contract and a one-year one at that; no team at this point is going to make it a multi-year deal. In the NFL, where there is smoke there is fire. If there is news out there that he told his camp he didn't want to sign a vet minimum deal to be a backup, then there's probably alot of truth to that. Pete Carroll saying that he "is a starter," "we already have a starter," and "he should get signed" sure sounds like putting lipstick on the pig and meaning "well, we'd sign him as a backup but he wants to be a starter with starter money and we're not going to do that although I'm sure someone will."

Exactly

B_Ambuehl
10-16-2017, 08:12 AM
I doubt if any collusion took place. I think it's more a case of all teams pretty much want the same thing in a backup QB and Kaepernick doesn't fit that mold. Matt Cassel is actually a good illustration of why Kaepernick doesn't have a job.

Cassel is pretty much exactly what all 32 teams want in a backup quarterback. It's not about ability necessarily. The most important thing is you know what you have and know he's not gonna cause any problems.

Cassel is all about football. He shows up, works hard, supports his team mates, understands the offense, can be counted on to run the offense the way coaches want it run, draws no media attention, and will never involve himself in any kind of controversy. Cassel understands his role and understands it's about the football team and not him.

The day Kaepernick is signed is the day you invite a Tebow like circus and have 150 new reporters in a press conference asking questions. Most likely they don't go away either. On top of that you never know when Kaepernick decides to get on twitter and start spouting off, or draw attention to himself via kneeling, or maybe something else.

There are questions whether football is a top priority for Kaepernick. Additionally, as a coach I wouldn't say you can necessarily trust Kaepernick to run the offense the way you want it run. He'll freelance and scramble. There's too many unknowns and unknowns are NOT something you want in a backup QB.

If Kaepernick wants to continue playing he should go to the CFL for a year and stay entirely out of the media, then he'll have re-established some trust that football is important to him. If he were to do that, he'd likely get signed

jjchieffan
10-16-2017, 08:27 AM
What a drama queen! My disgust with him continues to grow. First of all, he's the one who started all of the bullshit. Now Peter's and a bunch of other sheeple are following his dumbass lead. Most Americans are disgusted by this crap and he is to blame. So I hope that he loses his case, never plays another down in the NFL, and dies penniless someday. He brought every bit of this on himself. He started the drama, then he chose to void his own contract and walk away from $10 million. I don't see how he can claim damages after doing that. I don't care if the 49ers were supposedly going to cut him or not. Would you quit your job because you were about to get fired, then expect to draw unemployment? No. As soon as you quit, you gave up that right. And as soon as krappernick voided his contract, he made it his choice, not theirs. And just because nobody wants to hire a mediocre drama queen quarterback doesn't mean there's collusion. Furthermore, if it is true that he turned down any offers from teams, then his argument is void anyway. So, in true CP fashion, I would like to tell Krappernick to go fist himself, drink antifreeze, and die in a fire.

Sandy Vagina
10-16-2017, 08:30 AM
Really good posts, B amb and jj here...

Chief Roundup
10-16-2017, 08:35 AM
Either there is some proof or an attorney is just taking his money knowing they cannot win.

Sent from my SM-S906L using Tapatalk

displacedinMN
10-16-2017, 08:40 AM
Maybe he is just a bad QB

redfan
10-16-2017, 08:42 AM
Good luck buttercup, that's gonna be difficult to prove.

Frazod
10-16-2017, 08:45 AM
Maybe he is just a bad QB

That can't be it! Getting benched in favor of Blaine Gabbert is a mark of excellence! LMAO

BigRedChief
10-16-2017, 08:53 AM
You want all the bullshit that comes with him just so he can be your backup? The media coverage? The fan outrage? Over a fucking backup?

NO, you don't. That's why the loudmouth cocksucker doesn't have a job. Well, that and he sucks.oh I agree he now has a lot of serious baggage that comes with him. That is a legitimate part to consider.

But, we have people on our team who beat their pregnant girl friend. Committed crimes. These are not Boy Scouts.

Frazod
10-16-2017, 08:55 AM
oh I agree he now has a lot of serious baggage that comes with him. That is a legitimate part to consider.

But, we have people on our team who beat their pregnant girl friend. Committed crimes. These are not Boy Scouts.

Hill never beat his girlfriend on the sideline while the National Anthem was playing.

displacedinMN
10-16-2017, 09:12 AM
1. Many people in the real world get 'blacklisted' Everyone in a company knows 'that person' that just sucks and no one wants them around or in their group. The hope is that you make it difficult enough for them to just leave so you don't pay them unemployment.

2. Kaep needs to shut his mouth.

3. So does his girlfriend. https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/ravens/2017/09/06/ray-lewis-ravens-backed-off-colin-kaepernick-after-girlfriends-tweet/636586001/

nychief
10-16-2017, 09:16 AM
1. Many people in the real world get 'blacklisted' Everyone in a company knows 'that person' that just sucks and no one wants them around or in their group. The hope is that you make it difficult enough for them to just leave so you don't pay them unemployment.

2. Kaep needs to shut his mouth.

3. So does his girlfriend. https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/ravens/2017/09/06/ray-lewis-ravens-backed-off-colin-kaepernick-after-girlfriends-tweet/636586001/

1) This isn't Todd from HR with the bad breath... it's possible collusion within an industry.

2) He has every right voice his beliefs.

3) Ray Lewis s a fucking murder...and should shut his mouth.

Chiefnj2
10-16-2017, 09:18 AM
Which backup job has Kap turned down?

jjchieffan
10-16-2017, 09:27 AM
1) This isn't Todd from HR with the bad breath... it's possible collusion within an industry.

2) He has every right voice his beliefs.

3) Ray Lewis s a ****ing murder...and should shut his mouth.

1) Just because nobody wants to hire him doesn't prove collusion. Where is the smoking gun? Also, I guess that Mel Gibson should sue the movie industry. He was pretty much blackballed a few years ago. Where is his lawsuit!

2) He can voice his beliefs on his own time. Not on the sideline where he is employed to play football.

3) Not really relevant to the conversation, so I'm not addressing it.

Frazod
10-16-2017, 09:57 AM
Too bad Lewis didn't murder Kaepernick.

thegame214
10-16-2017, 10:03 AM

Seems like a harsh thing to do to someone for kneeling

Chiefnj2
10-16-2017, 10:06 AM
1) Just because nobody wants to hire him doesn't prove collusion. Where is the smoking gun? Also, I guess that Mel Gibson should sue the movie industry. He was pretty much blackballed a few years ago. Where is his lawsuit!

2) He can voice his beliefs on his own time. Not on the sideline where he is employed to play football.

2) He isn't "voicing" his opinion on the sideline. It is a silent protest. He is not doing anything that violates a team rule or the CBA.

1) This remains to be seen during the course of discovery.

Indian Chief
10-16-2017, 10:09 AM
Which backup job has Kap turned down?

Which backup job was he attempting to get? He didn't opt out of his 49ers contract to go be a backup somewhere. He thought he was going to get a starting gig. When that didn't materialize, his agent put out feelers that he would accept a backup job. He overestimated his own value. So then the Seahawks and Ravens started to test the waters. As was already pointed out, his girlfriend called the Ravens owner a racist and a slave owner and called Ray Lewis an "Uncle Tom." He muddied the waters and then tried to play nice afterward. At that point, it wasn't salvageable.

And putting all that aside, who really wants this circus for a BACKUP QUARTERBACK? Not even the starter.

None of this requires collusion. That's what really gets me. None of the owners had to call each other or sit down in a room and agree not to sign him. No one wants to deal with this nonsense.

nychief
10-16-2017, 10:16 AM

Oh fuck off. Go back to drinking and watching fox and friends....moron.

Ragged Robin
10-16-2017, 10:19 AM
seems pretty dumb and a waste of a lot of money he probably could use to support his currently unemployed lifestyle instead

Chiefnj2
10-16-2017, 10:25 AM
Which backup job was he attempting to get?

I don't know. Someone made the claim he turned down some backup jobs. I was wondering which ones. I was not aware that there was a pending offer from someone.

To people who say he is a backup at best. There is no way he is worse than the Jags and Browns starting QB's.

jjchieffan
10-16-2017, 10:38 AM
2) He isn't "voicing" his opinion on the sideline. It is a silent protest. He is not doing anything that violates a team rule or the CBA.

1) This remains to be seen during the course of discovery.

Oh but he most certainly is voicing his opinion when he kneels. He went out and stated his reasoning for doing it. So every time that he knelt, he was repeating that statement in his actions. His actions are his voice. Don't try to change that because he isn't vocally saying it on the sideline. But I believe that I have seen the NFL policy on player conduct during the anthem. I haven't verified to see if that policy actually exists. But assuming that it does, the policy that I saw posted says that players are to be standing with their hand on their chest. He would definitely be in violation of that.

Buehler445
10-16-2017, 10:46 AM
TO was a dinosaur age wise and Tebow fucking sucked. Kaep was ok last year and should be on a team. No fucking way will you ever convince me Weeden, Casssel, Hogan, etc are worth a spot over him.

Right. But it's not a new development.

Weeden Cassel and Hogan had jobs last year too. All while there is some schlub on his couch that put up 500 yards at Nowhereville A&M would be better. This is not evidence. This condition existed before Kaepernick.

Easy 6
10-16-2017, 10:50 AM
Which backup job was he attempting to get? He didn't opt out of his 49ers contract to go be a backup somewhere. He thought he was going to get a starting gig. When that didn't materialize, his agent put out feelers that he would accept a backup job. He overestimated his own value. So then the Seahawks and Ravens started to test the waters. As was already pointed out, his girlfriend called the Ravens owner a racist and a slave owner and called Ray Lewis an "Uncle Tom." He muddied the waters and then tried to play nice afterward. At that point, it wasn't salvageable.

And putting all that aside, who really wants this circus for a BACKUP QUARTERBACK? Not even the starter.

None of this requires collusion. That's what really gets me. None of the owners had to call each other or sit down in a room and agree not to sign him. No one wants to deal with this nonsense.

Well said

Gravedigger
10-16-2017, 10:56 AM
Some court will give it to him as a severance package. I have no problem with it, their are tons of worse lawsuits out there than this one, by far.

Hydrae
10-16-2017, 10:58 AM
Maybe he should add Ray Rice and they can make it a class-action lawsuit. :shrug:

thegame214
10-16-2017, 11:01 AM
Maybe he should add Ray Rice and they can make it a class-action lawsuit. :shrug:

Kaep has some support, Ray Rice would hurt his case associating with him given the video/backlash.

redfan
10-16-2017, 11:06 AM
Kap's angling for a settlement. It's the only thing that makes sense.
Gonna be tough to actually prove collusion unless teams were really careless, and even then you'd have to show teams conspiring with one another in hard copy form.
Good luck with that.

lawrenceRaider
10-16-2017, 11:09 AM

They ****ing suck dick. Collusion is taking place.

Meh. Kaep sucks as well. Cassel at least doesn't poison the team outside his suckitude. Hogan might still be a work in progress?

When Kaep stopped working on his game and believed the hype, then gave more effort to the kneeling stuff, he blew up his opportunity.

Dayze
10-16-2017, 11:31 AM
https://sports.yahoo.com/boomer-esiason-colin-kaepernick-saga-152244156.html

Sunday saw the Packers potentially lose Aaron Rodgers for the season while Colin Kaepernick filed a grievance against NFL owners for collusion. Could all of this be solved by the Packers signing Kaepernick? Boomer Esiason doesn't think so.

Appearing on Toucher & Rich Monday morning, Esiason stressed the lack of attention played to both Kaepernick's ability and his contract demands when noting why the 29-year-old remains out of the league.

"There is no way in the world that Colin Kaepernick could go in there tomorrow, learn that offense and go out on the field and play next week," Esiason said of a fit with the Packers. "I don't know what people are thinking about. I don't know why they don't understand that the NFL and offenses in the NFL are extremely difficult to pick up, and that's why I give former Patriot quarterback Jacoby Brissett as much credit as I possibly can, doing what he's doing what he's doing with the Indianapolis Colts, and he's been doing it on the fly."

Added Esiason: "The other aspect of all of this with Colin Kaepernick is how much does he want? And how much more is he going to let somebody else talk for him? When is he going to open his own mouth and say, ‘Yeah, you know, I want to play and this is how much I want' Everyone just assumes that somebody should just sign him because he went to the Super Bowl a number of years ago and they should write him a $10 million check because he's some sort of activist.

"I'm sorry. It doesn't work that way. You're either prepared to play and when you go in and you get an opportunity, you make the most of it. Remember, he's the one that walked away from the San Francisco 49ers. He's the one that said, ‘Hey, I'll go walk away from my contract and the amount of money you're going to pay me.' At the end of the day, other teams decided to interview and didn't want him."

Esiason says that there is "no way" Kaepernick will be able to prove collusion on the part of the NFL. Rather, Esiason hinted at the move being a publicity stunt.

"This is just another thing in the media, it's just another thing to promote what he's trying to do, it's another thing to put a black eye on the NFL," Esiason said. "In my eyes, that's what this is.

"He could be fighting for social justice and be the greatest human being in the world. At the end of the day, football teams want players who want to play football and who are good at it, and I don't believe he's either one."

The Franchise
10-16-2017, 11:40 AM
"He could be fighting for social justice and be the greatest human being in the world. At the end of the day, football teams want players who want to play football and who are good at it, and I don't believe he's either one."

Pretty much that. Dude hasn't shown that he's all in on football. At least not from my perspective.

Dayze
10-16-2017, 11:42 AM
Pretty much that. Dude hasn't shown that he's all in on football. At least not from my perspective.

yep.
Boomer, for me anyways, pretty much summed up all the nonsense in a single sentence.

vailpass
10-16-2017, 11:43 AM
I'd rather get tampered with by DeBerg than read a Cooper Barrett thread.

scho63
10-16-2017, 11:52 AM

Being a talent isn't what it is ALL about. The NFL is a business.

Why isn't Ray Rice in the NFL? :hmmm: He is more talented than many running backs playing today.

gblowfish
10-16-2017, 12:31 PM
My advice to Kaep would be to start watching the CFL and learn how to move a team on only three downs.

BucEyedPea
10-16-2017, 12:35 PM
People act as if all kinds of folks in an industry talking about not signing someone, based on their behavior. is actually illegal collusion. It's not. LMAO

Marcellus
10-16-2017, 12:45 PM
Knile Davis should join this lawsuit. He was once really good and no one will sign him now either and look at all the shitty RB's on teams.

DeepSouth
10-16-2017, 12:55 PM
I haven't read through the whole thread but, if he were to win the lawsuit, would the NFL be forced to make a team sign him? Or, is just for a monetary settlement? If the NFL had to make a team sign him, how would they pick.
I'd make the 0 - 6 Niners sign him to a lot less money than he walked away from. Then the 49er's could start all their scrub linemen and make him the starter.
Other NFL players that are kneeling should take note. There is a reason Kaepernick is unemployed.

cooper barrett
10-16-2017, 02:09 PM
I was thinking about voiding of the CBA.

He's still going to have a large burden on his hands to prove even two parties conspired to restrict his access to the league.

You don't get high caliber lawyers to take your case without something that passes the acid test. Oh yeah, they like a food chain consisting of 32 billionaires and their managing entity with almost bottomless pockets and a reputation to uphold.

Why do you think this owners meeting is happening tomorrow? I sure would like to find out the the boardroom has an audio/ video live feed we can watch as those snakes squirm on their belly's trying to deal with this cluster**** they got themselves into.

49'ers and the NFL should have fired his ass the first time the knee hit the ground but they were too afraid to do so..... We might lose advertisers....

****ing crybabies they will become when the the dust settles on this suit.

NFL promo picture

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/static/img/fantasy/transparent/200x200/KAE371576.png

Slimeball he really is:

http://ww1.hdnux.com/photos/55/22/00/11870260/3/1024x1024.jpg

I think Kaepernick is a slimeball and hope his atty's are billing him (his "foundation" that is) by the hour and that Trump will be ineligible to run for Prez by the time it is over.

cooper barrett
10-16-2017, 02:18 PM
And just because nobody wants to hire a mediocre drama queen quarterback doesn't mean there's collusion. Furthermore, if it is true that he turned down any offers from teams, then his argument is void anyway. So, in true CP fashion, I would like to tell Krappernick to go fist himself, drink antifreeze, and die in a fire.

Not so, If he proves collusion of 2 or more teams, he proves collusion: Job offer or not.

Dieing with a smile on his face, in raging fire, with anti-freeze for a brine and a Savory rub? Probably just look good in pictures yet smell like bullshit.

cooper barrett
10-16-2017, 02:19 PM
Hill never beat his girlfriend on the sideline while the National Anthem was playing.

Allegedly.

cooper barrett
10-16-2017, 02:31 PM
oh I agree he now has a lot of serious baggage that comes with him. That is a legitimate part to consider.

In some cases "Allegedly"

I worked with an Eagle Scout who sold 5lbs of coke to the feds on Noland Road

jaa1025
10-16-2017, 02:39 PM
He has no case. It's extremely difficult to prove and not hard to understand why people don't want to hire him. If I'm an owner I wouldn't even hire him to clean the place after the games.

Iowanian
10-16-2017, 02:42 PM
If he was good enough to be worth the hassle to have him around he would be on a team, but he isn't. He should deal with it like every other discarded journeyman who isn't good enough to be in the league.

**** that drama queen.

I'd buy more of his hero complex if he were spending his unemployed days in impoverished communities actually doing something about his concerns, but he's a whiny bitch and that's all.

Dayze
10-16-2017, 02:43 PM
He has no case. It's extremely difficult to prove and not hard to understand why people don't want to hire him. If I'm an owner I wouldn't even hire him to clean the place after the games.

I'd hire him to sweep under all the seats and concession stands. what with being able to sweep up better with the kneeling and all.

cooper barrett
10-16-2017, 02:54 PM
Jodi Foster gave him a role back in 2011!:D:D:D

1) Just because nobody wants to hire him doesn't prove collusion. Where is the smoking gun? Also, I guess that Mel Gibson should sue the movie industry. He was pretty much blackballed a few years ago. Where is his lawsuit! The SAG didn't go to court for him? Guess what neither did the NFLPA but they are supporting anything that takes 5 years off their CBA agreement. Union slimeballs...

2) He can voice his beliefs on his own time. Not on the sideline where he is employed to play football. He didn't voice them he acted in a manner that disrespected the flag and the words of the anthem. And yes he shouldn't have done so on the time clock. Yet he broke rules that were not punishable by the NFL and the 49'ers were too scared to act on his action and suspend him.

3) Not really relevant to the conversation, so I'm not addressing it.

luv
10-16-2017, 03:12 PM
If he was good enough to be worth the hassle to have him around he would be on a team, but he isn't. He should deal with it like every other discarded journeyman who isn't good enough to be in the league.

**** that drama queen.

I'd buy more of his hero complex if he were spending his unemployed days in impoverished communities actually doing something about his concerns, but he's a whiny bitch and that's all.

I second this.

cooper barrett
10-16-2017, 03:22 PM
Oh but he most certainly is voicing his opinion when he kneels. He went out and stated his reasoning for doing it. So every time that he knelt, he was repeating that statement in his actions. His actions are his voice. Don't try to change that because he isn't vocally saying it on the sideline. But I believe that I have seen the NFL policy on player conduct during the anthem. I haven't verified to see if that policy actually exists. But assuming that it does, the policy that I saw posted says that players are to be standing with their hand on their chest. He would definitely be in violation of that.

Correct yet there is no penalty, they are supposed to not have helmet to helmet contact but it happens. Unlike the contact which gets your team a 15 yard penalty and the player a fine there is no penalty for not standing for the anthem. There are things a team can do for actions on and off the field that hurt the team and or the franchise the 49's didn't do anything to stop it.

cooper barrett
10-16-2017, 03:24 PM
Kaep has some support, Ray Rice would hurt his case associating with him given the video/backlash.

Kaepernick is buying that support from his so called foundation that I can't seem to find financial's on....

cooper barrett
10-16-2017, 03:29 PM
IMHO: Fans in GB would start digging a grave in the feed lot for the bones and have him in it before he ever played a game in a Packer uniform.

I don't think KC would welcome him either..

Sunday saw the Packers potentially lose Aaron Rodgers for the season while Colin Kaepernick filed a grievance against NFL owners for collusion. Could all of this be solved by the Packers signing Kaepernick? Boomer Esiason doesn't think so.

Appearing on Toucher & Rich Monday morning, Esiason stressed the lack of attention played to both Kaepernick's ability and his contract demands when noting why the 29-year-old remains out of the league.

"There is no way in the world that Colin Kaepernick could go in there tomorrow, learn that offense and go out on the field and play next week," Esiason said of a fit with the Packers. "I don't know what people are thinking about. I don't know why they don't understand that the NFL and offenses in the NFL are extremely difficult to pick up, and that's why I give former Patriot quarterback Jacoby Brissett as much credit as I possibly can, doing what he's doing what he's doing with the Indianapolis Colts, and he's been doing it on the fly."

Added Esiason: "The other aspect of all of this with Colin Kaepernick is how much does he want? And how much more is he going to let somebody else talk for him? When is he going to open his own mouth and say, ‘Yeah, you know, I want to play and this is how much I want' Everyone just assumes that somebody should just sign him because he went to the Super Bowl a number of years ago and they should write him a $10 million check because he's some sort of activist.

"I'm sorry. It doesn't work that way. You're either prepared to play and when you go in and you get an opportunity, you make the most of it. Remember, he's the one that walked away from the San Francisco 49ers. He's the one that said, ‘Hey, I'll go walk away from my contract and the amount of money you're going to pay me.' At the end of the day, other teams decided to interview and didn't want him."

Esiason says that there is "no way" Kaepernick will be able to prove collusion on the part of the NFL. Rather, Esiason hinted at the move being a publicity stunt.

"This is just another thing in the media, it's just another thing to promote what he's trying to do, it's another thing to put a black eye on the NFL," Esiason said. "In my eyes, that's what this is.

Hoopsdoc
10-16-2017, 03:35 PM
Some court will give it to him as a severance package. I have no problem with it, their are tons of worse lawsuits out there than this one, by far.

I agree. The NFL will settle, which is what Komrade Krapernick wants, imo.

I can't believe people actually defend the nutjob.

King_Chief_Fan
10-16-2017, 04:51 PM
Denver might give him a job

kcchiefsus
10-16-2017, 05:02 PM
Maybe if the dumb fuck hadn't of opted out of his contract he'd have a job. Fuck Kaepernick.

BucEyedPea
10-16-2017, 05:13 PM
Someone can always find a lawyer for a deep pockets case. This is it for Kap.

BryanBusby
10-16-2017, 05:17 PM
Being a talent isn't what it is ALL about. The NFL is a business.

Why isn't Ray Rice in the NFL? :hmmm: He is more talented than many running backs playing today.
He was mostly worn out when he hit the spot in that elevator.

cooper barrett
10-16-2017, 05:18 PM

**** that drama queen.

<iframe src='//players.brightcove.net/2157889318001/default_default/index.html?videoId=5577490978001' allowfullscreen frameborder=0></iframe>

BryanBusby
10-16-2017, 05:20 PM
Right. But it's not a new development.

Weeden Cassel and Hogan had jobs last year too. All while there is some schlub on his couch that put up 500 yards at Nowhereville A&M would be better. This is not evidence. This condition existed before Kaepernick.
You don't make any sense.

Iowanian
10-16-2017, 05:32 PM
If he does get a job I hope he gets joe theiseman'd on the first snap. He can kneel on the field and look at his upside down foot on front of him.

Chiefaholic
10-16-2017, 05:34 PM
He opted out of his contract and would be the turd in a punch bowl for any team that signed him. I have no sympathy for him.

srvy
10-16-2017, 05:56 PM
Every team in the NFL could have given him a interview and tryout and determined he wasnt a fit. Just like any of us can job hunt and not get hired collusion my ass.

Like George said try the cfl who knows he may star there and get a second chance at the NFL. But this is about a free payday not work with this guy.

BucEyedPea
10-16-2017, 06:04 PM
Question is, if he loses, will he incite a riot?

Strongside
10-16-2017, 06:12 PM
Yeah, I mean...I am pretty much 'meh' on the whole kneeling during the anthem thing. I come to watch these guys play football...I in no way give a shit about their political views or affiliations. I cheer for the uniform. If you're helping the team win, great...if not, bye. The politics are neither here nor there for me.

That said, with the insane and unprecedented shortage of quality quarterbacks in this league...if this guy were good enough to offset the drama and media circus that he will no doubt bring to the table he'd have a job. Period. The fact of the matter here is that he is not.

THIS IS IN NO WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM DIFFERENT THAN THE TIM TEBOW SITUATION.

If Tim were a good enough NFL quarterback to justify coaches, players and management having to deal with a constant barrage of a media shit storm, he'd have gotten signed. He isn't, and he didn't. End of story.

Kaep is in the exact same boat. He can sue for collusion all he wants...but the fact that he just isn't that good of a player remains.

And yet, I'm 100% confident that he can play the CB or Nickel positions better than Phillip Gaines' sorry ass – so perhaps he should entertain a position switch.

MahiMike
10-16-2017, 06:27 PM
He has a legit case. That said, he can die of an aids fire.

Fairplay
10-16-2017, 06:27 PM
I wonder if he his already tight on money. That's the primary reason why everyone works right? I bet he blew so much of his money already and now he doesn't have paychecks coming in any house and several car payments and a possie to feed when he goes to the clubs.

DrRyan
10-16-2017, 06:29 PM
For me, it boils down to a single point. Since this all started (him not being on a team) we have not heard a single word out of him. Total silence. There have been irrelevant protests at the league office in NY, not a word from Kaep himself. Numerous media and sports personalities fighting for someone to sign him. He still remains silent.

How can you possibly expect any team to sign a guy that can't stand up for himself to be THE leader of 53 alpha males in the locker room? Such false outrage for a guy unwilling to open his mouth regarding this great travesty in roughly a year?

keg in kc
10-16-2017, 06:29 PM
I'm sick of the whole fucking thing. Sick of the 'protest', sick of the reaction, sick of the media coverage, sick of people telling everybody what to do. Honestly I never gave two shits about the national anthem anyway. Sure, I would stand at an event, would take my hat off if I was wearing one, usually put my hands behind my back. Out of whatever sense of respect I feel obligated to have. All the while hoping that it would end quickly, wasn't sung too badly and that the damn game would finally start.

This whole thing, at least the last couple of weeks once the administration got involved, is misdirection from more important news anyway. Get people arguing about this and they can stop talking about Vegas and hurricanes and North Korean hydrogen bombs. All the while diverting the.conversation completely away from what the protest was supposedly originally about.

cooper barrett
10-16-2017, 06:34 PM
Question is, if he loses, will he incite a riot?

Yes he will try, he seems to be sending money out to those who will protest to get him a job.

cooper barrett
10-16-2017, 06:40 PM
For me, it boils down to a single point. Since this all started (him not being on a team) we have not heard a single word out of him. Total silence. There have been irrelevant protests at the league office in NY, not a word from Kaep himself. Numerous media and sports personalities fighting for someone to sign him. He still remains silent.

How can you possibly expect any team to sign a guy that can't stand up for himself to be THE leader of 53 alpha males in the locker room? Such false outrage for a guy unwilling to open his mouth regarding this great travesty in roughly a year?

A guy who listens to his lawyer?

Could he have been setting the NFL up for the suit?

Chiefshrink
10-16-2017, 06:41 PM
Kap is learning the hard lesson of "what comes around goes around".:shrug:

Pablo
10-16-2017, 06:44 PM
I'm just thankful I've been able to witness all the crying and butthurt this guy was able to generate. Very impressive.

Winning hearts one kneel at a time.

KC_Connection
10-16-2017, 06:48 PM
It's obviously going on, but Barry Bonds had a .480 on-base percentage and a 1.045 OPS in his final season before MLB teams colluded against him and he didn't win his collusion case against MLB. Kaepernick won't either.

Buehler445
10-16-2017, 07:55 PM
You don't make any sense.

How in the hell does me pointing out that what you think the effect is existed before the cause and thereby can't be due to the cause?

Strongside
10-16-2017, 08:19 PM
I am seriously considering going as Kaepernick to a Halloween party this weekend. I already have sleeve tattoos, but I could easily buy a cheap ass jersey (or make one) and wear an afro wig...and maybe carry around a tape player that plays the anthem. Then I can just sit down all night and no one will fuck with me.

Buehler445
10-16-2017, 08:27 PM
I am seriously considering going as Kaepernick to a Halloween party this weekend. I already have sleeve tattoos, but I could easily buy a cheap ass jersey (or make one) and wear an afro wig...and maybe carry around a tape player that plays the anthem. Then I can just sit down all night and no one will fuck with me.

That is amazing. You sir are a genius (not to be confused with genious)

DaneMcCloud
10-16-2017, 08:35 PM

wut

DaneMcCloud
10-16-2017, 08:37 PM
Collusion is impossible to prove.

To win, Kaepernick would need internal memos from at least two teams stating they wouldn’t sign him.

Unless someone provided said documents, he can’t win.

thegame214
10-16-2017, 08:39 PM

The owners will kneel to him?

Valiant
10-16-2017, 08:44 PM

They ****ing suck dick. Collusion is taking place.

It is not collusion when teams want no part of the drama following him. Fans will quit spending money. Planes will fly banners. Not worth it.

Then add the fact his last couple games were bad. Then he would be rusty af.

BryanBusby
10-16-2017, 08:56 PM
How in the hell does me pointing out that what you think the effect is existed before the cause and thereby can't be due to the cause?
Because productive college players don't always translate to NFL player. Your point is irrelevant.

BryanBusby
10-16-2017, 09:01 PM
It is not collusion when teams want no part of the drama following him. Fans will quit spending money. Planes will fly banners. Not worth it.

We don't even know what proof they may or may not have

It could be bullshit or they've got some smoking gun. Colin might be stupid enough to proceed without, but a lawyer would probably want tangible evidence to file a claim like this. I don't think they're gonna win, but I'd like to see what is found in the discovery phase.

cooper barrett
10-16-2017, 09:43 PM
Any of these guys know anything?

Ryan Grigson?
Doug Whaley
Dave Gettleman
John Dorsey

Buehler445
10-16-2017, 09:44 PM
Because productive college players don't always translate to NFL player. Your point is irrelevant.

That wasn't my point genious. That's why I used Nowhereville A&M and 500 yards. For fucks sake man.

Point is there a LOT of better options than Cassel. The name doesn't matter.

The point is the condition you think was caused by collusion existed prior to the collusion. Therefore the collusion cannot be the cause.

Come on man.

Rain Man
10-16-2017, 09:48 PM
Is he alleging that it's due to the national anthem thing? Because if it's happening, I think it's due to all of those stupid tattoos.

kcchiefsus
10-16-2017, 11:17 PM
Is he alleging that it's due to the national anthem thing? Because if it's happening, I think it's due to all of those stupid tattoos.

Or his stupid fucking afro

BryanBusby
10-16-2017, 11:38 PM
That wasn't my point genious. That's why I used Nowhereville A&M and 500 yards. For fucks sake man.

Point is there a LOT of better options than Cassel. The name doesn't matter.

The point is the condition you think was caused by collusion existed prior to the collusion. Therefore the collusion cannot be the cause.

Come on man.
That's great, but Cassel is just garbage and was garbage. Kap is an upgrade over a lot of backups and a handful of starters.

Don't think it's that hard to add a package of plays for him either.

I have a hunch there is collusion, but I don't think it's widespread and I really don't give a shit ultimately.

Lets just not let personal opinion try to persuade us that Kevin Hogan is a better option for any reason what so ever. He put up an Alex Smith type of season statistically in 16 and people are white knighting to keep a top 10 pick on the bench for him. For fucking years.

Lets also not pretend there's no history of owners colluding.

Bigdaddy
10-16-2017, 11:57 PM
My present to Kaepernick....
http://i.imgur.com/7riUmD8.png

Buehler445
10-17-2017, 12:26 AM
That's great, but Cassel is just garbage and was garbage. Kap is an upgrade over a lot of backups and a handful of starters.

I have a hunch there is collusion, but I don't think it's widespread and I really don't give a shit ultimately.

Lets just not let personal opinion try to persuade us that Kevin Hogan is a better option for any reason what so ever. He put up an Alex Smith type of season statistically in 16 and people are white knighting to keep a top 10 pick on the bench for him. For fucking years.

I agree with everything posted here. But you postulated that Cassel and Hogan were evidence of collusion.

There are lots of dudes better than Cassel. No different than when Kaep was employed. Accordingly nobody is going to convince me of collusion because there are shitty QBs in the league. GMs and coaches have been stupid for quite some time.

Loneiguana
10-17-2017, 05:13 AM
Collusion is impossible to prove.

To win, Kaepernick would need internal memos from at least two teams stating they wouldn’t sign him.

Unless someone provided said documents, he can’t win.

From what I've heard.

If he appeals the arbitration, it goes to a federal court. Then a discovery might happen. That technically could then find something, but talk about a long shot.

Loneiguana
10-17-2017, 05:16 AM
We don't even know what proof they may or may not have

It could be bullshit or they've got some smoking gun. Colin might be stupid enough to proceed without, but a lawyer would probably want tangible evidence to file a claim like this. I don't think they're gonna win, but I'd like to see what is found in the discovery phase.

He has Michael Jackson's attorney. The guy is supposedly one of the best in a courtroom.

Don't know what that means for this case except he does have really good legal help.

WhiteWhale
10-17-2017, 08:26 AM

Lets just not let personal opinion try to persuade us that Kevin Hogan is a better option for any reason what so ever. He put up an Alex Smith type of season statistically in 16 and people are white knighting to keep a top 10 pick on the bench for him. For ****ing years.

He didn't put up an Alex Smith like season though.

Alex wins while putting up his pedestrian numbers.

Kaep is 4-20 in his last 24 starts. Blaine Gabbert won more games through 2015 and 2016. There's a reason the 49ers thought Hoyer was a better solution, and I don't think it's because John Lynch is racist.

Sandy Vagina
10-17-2017, 09:53 AM
He didn't put up an Alex Smith like season though.

Alex wins while putting up his pedestrian numbers.

Kaep is 4-20 in his last 24 starts. Blaine Gabbert won more games through 2015 and 2016. There's a reason the 49ers thought Hoyer was a better solution, and I don't think it's because John Lynch is racist.

Must further say. While Kaep would be an upgrade to some team's QB2 spots, his numbers were misleading.

He had some really impressive first halves... but nearly all of his second halves in games were putrid. That's more than just staring at box scores.. I watched it. Nick Foles did some great things at first in that system, but don't let it fool you. Kaep gets figured out by defenses quickly, and gets exposed.

You couple this with what must be discussed as commitment issues to football.. as well as the off-field ideologies.. and it is absolutely NO wonder why teams don't want to waste time on him.

He did this to himself. He refused to develop and improve into a complete QB... and he let outside forces off the field shit all over his career. Too bad. Get a real job for money, and best of luck, idiot.

Tribal Warfare
10-17-2017, 10:00 AM
I'm surprised no one in the media has brought up Ray Rice. He should've had a chance to redeem himself . In comparison to Kaepernick that made it a media circus for attention.

Sandy Vagina
10-17-2017, 10:02 AM
Neither should be gifted an NFL job, if 32 teams don't want their sorry ass.

Lzen
10-17-2017, 10:51 AM
This is stupid. Good luck proving collusion.

Ragged Robin
10-17-2017, 11:43 AM

Yep. The awareness vs patriotism thing is all moot. Outside of football, cool, I guess he successfully used his (former) status to get his message across. Inside of football, if no team wants to risk him on the field OR deal with the circus he brings then how does that warrant a legal case against them? Tebow won a playoff game and then the league shut him out for good, we don't see him filing any lawsuits..

Beef Supreme
10-17-2017, 11:47 AM
How do you feel about NFL being sued by Kaepernick?

I feel .... hungry?

Probably because it's lunchtime.

Black Bob
10-17-2017, 11:53 AM
I hope he wins. I have been screwed over because of my political beliefs.

Marcellus
10-17-2017, 12:05 PM

Oh please do explain how you got screwed over due to your political beliefs. I cant wait to hear this.

Frazod
10-17-2017, 01:00 PM

https://i.imgur.com/gNjCuMC.gif

kcchiefsus
10-17-2017, 02:53 PM
My present to Kaepernick....
http://i.imgur.com/7riUmD8.png

Queer

Rausch
10-17-2017, 02:59 PM
I really don't care.

Randallflagg
10-17-2017, 03:03 PM
Hmmm...How do I feel about Kaepernicks suit against the NFL....

Taking everything that he started (the protests) aside and focusing strictly on the merits of his supposed "case" - I would say that the only thing he will accomplish is to make absolutely certain that he never plays another game in the NFL.

There is no "right" to play football ANYWHERE, and especially the NFL. You always play at the whim of the coaching staff and the owner. So, if they, for whatever reason don't want you on their team - you are free to explore your options elsewhere. If the word gets out that you are a troublemaker (and you have to be REALLY bad), no other team will want you.

Jesus, there are thugs playing in the NFL - and they have been "bad guys" since they were in College. However, "most" NFL teams will usually take a chance on a player if - and only if- he can put "asses in the seats".

Kaepernick is at the opposite end of that scale.....

jjjayb
10-17-2017, 04:38 PM
If a quarterback came out as a white supremacist Nazi loving racist, would it be collusion if nobody signed him? Or would it just be that none of the owners want to put up with his baggage? :hmmm:

cooper barrett
10-17-2017, 06:43 PM
If a quarterback came out as a white supremacist Nazi loving racist, would it be collusion if nobody signed him? Or would it just be that none of the owners want to put up with his baggage? :hmmm:
Apples and oranges....

Iowanian
10-17-2017, 06:47 PM
It's not universal but most times if someone is protesting I think they are a cunt.

cooper barrett
10-17-2017, 06:55 PM
Oh please do explain how you got screwed over due to your political beliefs. I cant wait to hear this.

Crickets. nothing but ****ing crickets.

ping2000
10-17-2017, 07:01 PM
I hope he wins. I have been screwed over because of my political beliefs.No, it's all on you, not your politics.

Frazod
10-17-2017, 07:17 PM
It's not universal but most times if someone is protesting I think they are a cunt.

It's pretty much universal. My office building is surrounded by government buildings in downtown Chicago, two with open plazas. So I'm pretty much in the middle of protest central. With few exceptions they're do-nothing shitbags who've earned nothing and deserve nothing, screaming at the top of their lungs for more free shit on top of the free shit they already get. And whether they're singing, or chanting, or being egged on by some asshat liberal politician who's playing the whole damn bunch of them, there's always one common theme - nobody involved is missing work.

Rausch
10-17-2017, 07:22 PM
It's not universal but most times if someone is protesting I think they are a ****.

You better change your opinions on that.

Soon it will be "us..."

Buehler445
10-17-2017, 07:27 PM
Crickets. nothing but ****ing crickets.

Isn't Black Bob the sword swallower that said we deserved the LV shooting?

Yeah. It's because you're politics. Riiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Rausch
10-17-2017, 07:28 PM
Isn't Black Bob the sword swallower that said we deserved the LV shooting?

Yeah. It's because you're politics. Riiiiiiiiiiiiight.

And he blew his uncle...(his words.)

Buehler445
10-17-2017, 07:34 PM

Mother of God. How did I forget that?

Pablo
10-17-2017, 07:36 PM

Tigger blew his uncle too. Bunch of uncle suckers on this site.

BucEyedPea
10-17-2017, 07:38 PM

He's supposed to be near the bottom 23 as a QB. That doesn't help.

DaneMcCloud
10-17-2017, 07:55 PM
From a legal perspective, this case doesn’t make sense.

In order to prove collusion, Geragos would need multiple texts, emails and recorded conversations between team officials (e.g., GM’s, owners, scouts and other front office people).

And while Kaepernick earned $43 million in his brief career, my guess is that someone else is funding this suit, especially since he rejected offers from the CFL.

It’s unclear as to how he’s more employable after said lawsuit.

DaneMcCloud
10-17-2017, 07:57 PM
He's supposed to be near the bottom 23 as a QB. That doesn't help.

That’s irrelevant.

He’s better than Hoyer, Bortles, Kizer, Hogan and many, many others.

Sans the protests, he’d be somewhere.

Ragged Robin
10-17-2017, 08:15 PM
That’s irrelevant.

Dude is 4W 20L in his last 24 starts. Tebow had a better record before the league shut the door on him.

DaneMcCloud
10-17-2017, 08:19 PM
Dude is 4W 20L in his last 24 starts. Tebow had a better record before the league shut the door on him.

How many wins has Hoyer or Matt Cassel or any number of QB’s had in that time frame?

PS - You’re a raging cunt. Congrats.

Rausch
10-17-2017, 08:19 PM
That’s irrelevant.

And people will pay to put up with that.

They won't pay to put up with HATRED for law enforcement.

And don't tell me this is about civil rights when I've read his and his g/f's tweets...

DaneMcCloud
10-17-2017, 08:22 PM
And people will pay to put up with that.

They won't pay to put up with HATRED for law enforcement.

And don't tell me this is about civil rights when I've read his and his g/f's tweets...

So, if he was a white guy protesting, people would listen?

Is that what I’m supposed to get from this take?

Rausch
10-17-2017, 08:25 PM

No.

Not at all.

He's a guy who's been brainwashed by his woman and has gone full SJW.

It's not hard to put their posts together and after so many "kill whitey" posts you can't hire this guy.

You can't defend it.

You either are a cuck or just don't get that calling for the murder of white people is a problem...

Strongside
10-17-2017, 09:45 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/1tuulm.jpg

Tribal Warfare
10-18-2017, 06:12 AM

All intents and purposes Kaepernick is white. His biological mother, and his foster family are Caucasian.Collin's foster family gave him a very comfortable lifestyle , thus Kaep's protest should be discredited because he was never profiled as a black criminal growing up