Chiefnj2
10-16-2017, 09:09 AM
TOP 5 GRADES:
1. CB Marcus Peters, 81.1 overall grade

2. T Mitchell Schwartz, 80.3 overall grade

3. WR De’Anthony Thomas, 76.6 overall grade

4. DI Chris Jones, 76.5 overall grade

5. DI Allen Bailey, 74.8 overall grade

How do Jones and Bailey come out of the game with top grades? Was everyone else just worse? Just the fact that PFF sucks? Was the atrocious run defense all the fault of the LB's?

notorious
10-16-2017, 09:11 AM
How is that even possible?

kcpasco
10-16-2017, 09:11 AM
Curious to see DJ’s grade. Think age might have finally caught up to him.

Sandy Vagina
10-16-2017, 09:12 AM
PFF... about as useless as the QBRs lately.

The only numbers I remotely trust over the years are dvoa from Outsiders. Everything else has been wildly inconsistent.

DJ's left nut
10-16-2017, 09:13 AM
TOP 5 GRADES:

How do Jones and Bailey come out of the game with top grades? Was everyone else just worse? Just the fact that PFF sucks? Was the atrocious run defense all the fault of the LB's?

Everyone else was bad.

A 76.5 and 74.8 are barely passable. That's not good by any stretch of the imagination.

But when those are 2 of your 5 best players (and your 2nd and 3rd best defenders), it says all that really needs be said about the game you played.

The Chiefs were absolutely goddamn abysmal yesterday. They just did not come to play and that's irritating as hell man.

TomBarndtsTwin
10-16-2017, 09:14 AM
I'm no PFF fan, but our LB'er play might have been the worst it has been in almost two years. Just a complete no-show from that unit.

Maybe a part time Hali back soon will give them a bit of a 'spark'? Something needs to.

Easy 6
10-16-2017, 09:18 AM
PFFt

O.city
10-16-2017, 09:20 AM
Everyone else was bad.

A 76.5 and 74.8 are barely passable. That's not good by any stretch of the imagination.

But when those are 2 of your 5 best players (and your 2nd and 3rd best defenders), it says all that really needs be said about the game you played.

The Chiefs were absolutely goddamn abysmal yesterday. They just did not come to play and that's irritating as hell man.

How many Gatorades have you chugged today?

Rain Man
10-16-2017, 09:22 AM
I clearly watched a different game than PFF did.

TEX
10-16-2017, 09:34 AM
I clearly watched a different game than PFF did.

As did I.

Chiefs Pantalones
10-16-2017, 09:36 AM
PFF is a joke.

DJ's left nut
10-16-2017, 09:47 AM
How many Gatorades have you chugged today?

2 last night. Today's just coffee; it's not my first rodeo.

So Jeremiah Weed makes this stuff called sarsparilla whiskey. I'd never heard of it before but a buddy said he grabbed a bottle and was going to bring it. I have a soda stream.

When you mix rootbeer whiskey with fizzy water, it goes down shockingly quickly. I wiped out that 750 by 2 and decided to start shotgunning after that. So...uh...not sober.

But hey, I killed that tailgate. Had my smoker rolling overnight and had about 14 lbs of pork shoulder smoking over oak/peach. Right before we headed to KC I grabbed it off the smoker, wrapped it in foil and tossed in in a cooler with towels to rest. t was still at about 140 degrees after the drive in and perfectly rested.

Grilled up another 10 lbs or so of buffalo wings (I make some damn good grilled buffalo wings) when I was out there. Everyone else brought other stuff but again - drunk, so I have no idea what it was.

Fucking Chiefs always ruin my best tailgates. Dicks.

RunKC
10-16-2017, 09:50 AM
The problem with defending Bell is the 2nd level. Or DL did a decent job on most plays. The problem is that Bell broke a ton of tackles from LB's and Sorenson.

It sucks saying this, but DJ is done. He wasn't getting to the outside anywhere near as quickly as he used to.

KPL made some really good plays yesterday and I think he's quietly been our best offseason acquisition. He's the same athletically as DJ was 5 years ago and Seattle has some of the best tacklers in the league, so clearly he's learned proper technique.

Extending this guy needs to be a top priority for Veach.

O.city
10-16-2017, 09:50 AM
2 last night. Today's just coffee; it's not my first rodeo.

So Jeremiah Weed makes this stuff called sarsparilla whiskey. I'd never heard of it before but a buddy said he grabbed a bottle and was going to bring it. I have a soda stream.

When you mix rootbeer whiskey with fizzy water, it goes down shockingly quickly. I wiped out that 750 by 2 and decided to start shotgunning after that. So...uh...not sober.

But hey, I killed that tailgate. Had my smoker rolling overnight and had about 14 lbs of pork shoulder smoking over oak/peach. Right before we headed to KC I grabbed it off the smoker, wrapped it in foil and tossed in in a cooler with towels to rest. t was still at about 140 degrees after the drive in and perfectly rested.

Grilled up another 10 lbs or so of buffalo wings (I make some damn good grilled buffalo wings) when I was out there. Everyone else brought other stuff but again - drunk, so I have no idea what it was.

****ing Chiefs always ruin my best tailgates. Dicks.

Nice.

I was in a wedding Saturday night and I purposely cut the partying short so I'd be 100% for the game.

Dumb decision but I don't handle the drinking like I used to so I'm a lot more cautious these days

O.city
10-16-2017, 09:52 AM
The problem with defending Bell is the 2nd level. Or DL did a decent job on most plays. The problem is that Bell broke a ton of tackles from LB's and Sorenson.

It sucks saying this, but DJ is done. He wasn't getting to the outside anywhere near as quickly as he used to.

KPL made some really good plays yesterday and I think he's quietly been our best offseason acquisition. He's the same athletically as DJ was 5 years ago and Seattle has some of the best tacklers in the league, so clearly he's learned proper technique.

We need to extend him.

You can't play the nickel stuff against bell. I don't really know why we attempt to seems like a pretty big coaching fuck up.

Play your base d and make ben win it

RunKC
10-16-2017, 09:57 AM
You can't play the nickel stuff against bell. I don't really know why we attempt to seems like a pretty big coaching **** up.

Yup.

Sutton adjusted by beefing up the line adding 4 DL, but that's not the problem. The DL gave LB's and Sorenson so many opportunities to tackle Bell 1v1, but we missed tackles and couldn't keep up.

KPL shot through the gap twice yesterday and got Bell. Meanwhile DJ ou don't make the quick moves to tackle when Bell bounced outside.

aturnis
10-16-2017, 10:02 AM
TOP 5 GRADES:

How do Jones and Bailey come out of the game with top grades? Was everyone else just worse? Just the fact that PFF sucks? Was the atrocious run defense all the fault of the LB's?I'd blamed the perpetual nickel defense personally.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

patteeu
10-16-2017, 10:44 AM
You can't play the nickel stuff against bell. I don't really know why we attempt to seems like a pretty big coaching fuck up.

Is that what the Chiefs tried to do in the first game last year?

Titty Meat
10-16-2017, 11:12 AM
Nice.

I was in a wedding Saturday night and I purposely cut the partying short so I'd be 100% for the game.

Dumb decision but I don't handle the drinking like I used to so I'm a lot more cautious these days

Pussy

nbarone007
10-16-2017, 11:17 AM
Despite playing absolutely atrocious the Chiefs still only gave up 19 points. We need to get healthier (on the OL especially) and need to play a lot better on offense. The defense was garbage but they gave up 19 points. The offense had an opportunity to win this game and didn't get it done.

- Cameron Erving literally was not blocking anyone yesterday.
- Kareem Hunt is an absolutely garbage pass blocker --> West is so crucial as a pass blocker on this team
- DeMarcus Robinson was open literally all game so thats a nice development
- Smith was clearly rushing throws and was not comfortable what so ever yesterday... Some really bad misfires yesterday (Thinking of the 2 to Robinson)

- Chiefs LBs are seriously atrocious against the run right now. Sorenson was lined up in Berry's spot and missed all the tackles that Berry "would have" made. We know Dan is a bad run defender. Need to put Murray in that spot TBH. Can't give up this much vs the run.

- Really need Nelson back ASAP. Gaines has been PITIFUL.

- Chiefs need to stop playing nickel and dime against the run. We seriously lined up with the 4-2-5 and only had 2 "big guys" for most of the first half.. How the heck is that supposed to stop the run??? Steelers OL just blocks and all of a sudden every play is 1 on 1... The backer vs Bell and we aren't going to win those battles. The defense played with a lot more "fire" in the second half. Gaines and Sorenson screwing up that interception was the game. Chiefs probably steal this game if that play is made.

Chiefs can beat anyone but Pittsburgh RN.

Chiefnj2
10-16-2017, 11:29 AM
Despite playing absolutely atrocious the Chiefs still only gave up 19 points.

Technically 17.

ThaVirus
10-16-2017, 11:34 AM
I mean, I guess it’s technically possible that a couple guys on the DL played a ‘good’ game.

We were in nickel a shit ton and we had Bell bottled up a decent amount. I think the missed tackles and personnel really did us in more than a lack of penetration or gap responsibility.

Buckweath
10-16-2017, 11:38 AM
I love DJ and he was great for a long time but he is done. He might be still be good enough to start but he is nowhere near the level he used to be.

patteeu
10-16-2017, 11:43 AM
I love DJ and he was great for a long time but he is done. He might be still be good enough to start but he is nowhere near the level he used to be.

Being good enough to start on a team that's won 5 out of 6 games against mostly quality competitition doesn't sound done to me. Maybe diminished, but I don't think DJ is done and I don't think he's as diminished as Tamba Hali at this point either.

scho63
10-16-2017, 11:53 AM
Curious to see DJ’s grade. Think age might have finally caught up to him.

All I saw him do was chasing guys from behind and missing arm tackles. :shake:

penbrook
10-16-2017, 12:03 PM
DJ even admitted he was out of position all day long

lewdog
10-16-2017, 12:06 PM
The day I don't have to watch Zombo on the field for the Chiefs will be similar to the last time I saw Casshole suit up for us.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/70/86/2d/70862df14382a2bd5c341a23ce02484f.gif

Tribal Warfare
10-16-2017, 12:13 PM
Chris Jones did a good job considering he was being double and triple teamed. He wasn't getting anally raped like Bailey and Logan

dannybcaitlyn
10-16-2017, 12:31 PM
Our D-line looked like shit while bell had time to make a sandwich behind his o-line. Hunt had to make three people miss before he could just get back to the line of scrimmage for us.