PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs So did we get screwed?

Hammock Parties
10-19-2017, 10:08 PM
https://i.imgur.com/RmwKSIt.gif

If I'm the refs I don't know about rewarding Cook for dropping a TD.

Frazod
10-19-2017, 10:09 PM
Against a coastal team with a big market following, always.

Dayze
Yes

lcarus
Fuck yes we got screwed.

Pablo
Yeah by Bob Sutton.

Red Dawg
10-19-2017, 10:10 PM
I tnink so. That was not holding. He let go aftet 5 yards.

notorious
Let them play it out to end the game. That should be a no-call.

petegz28
the one against Parker should have been a non-call or even OPI for the shove off. The other one looked rather harmless.

So yes, we got screwed.

Chiefspants
We gave up 505 yards. So, no.

KCChiefsFan88
The Chiefs screwed themselves by allowing the Raiders to march downfield.

Sutton's brilliant defensive strategy... zero pressure applied to Carr and let Carr sit back and pick apart a William BURNTee-caliber secondary.

Iconic
10-19-2017, 10:12 PM
Yeah screwed... had two opportunities to ice this game and we got 'screwed'.

No we screwed our own fucking selves.

eDave
10-19-2017, 10:12 PM
Shouldn't have come down to that. So, no.

On that call? Yes.

mr. tegu
10-19-2017, 10:13 PM
We couldn't stop a Hail Mary offense all night. It's just the same old Chiefs. But we were the quarter pole champs.

Ming the Merciless
10-19-2017, 10:15 PM
Looked like illegal contact beyond 5 yrs

I dunno tho

penbrook
10-19-2017, 10:16 PM
SVP even said the Faid stole the game

kevonm
10-19-2017, 10:17 PM
They looked legit, but I feel you have to call OPI on that final catch if you call the prior holding calls

ModSocks
10-19-2017, 10:18 PM
The lack of offensive PI's was just plain stupid. Even on the last scoring play the receiver pushed off.

kevonm
Also, that was not a late hit on Peters, ref blew the whistle too late, and it was not helmet to helmet

carcosa
it's whatever

petegz28
The lack of offensive PI's was just plain stupid. Even on the last scoring play the receiver pushed off.

Amazing how the flag happy Refs kept the rags in the pockets on that play...

Ming the Merciless
We also got gifted 20 points

TD from the crazy bounce
TD from the penalty on the raiders that was a bad call
2 missed fg

If you can't win by getting spotted 20 points then it's not screwed

TLO
10-19-2017, 10:19 PM
I think the NFL has a lot of financial incentive to keep the Raiders relevant.

ModSocks
GIF up the scoring TD. There's an angle that shows w/e raider scrub reciever that was pushing off on his break in.

PunkinDrublic
This games on the offense for twice failing to put the game away.

ModSocks
Also, that was not a late hit on Peters, ref blew the whistle too late, and it was not helmet to helmet

Yup. Bad call there too.

Bad call on their first TD.

This game was fucking...rigged.

kevonm
We also got gifted 20 points

TD from the crazy bounce
TD from the penalty on the raiders that was a bad call
2 missed fg

If you can't win by getting spotted 20 points then it's not screwed

I see your point, but that is reductionist. They really could have called OPI on the first touchdown, and then the phantom penalty on the strip sack.

CaliforniaChief
10-19-2017, 10:20 PM
So many opportunities to win this game and put it away. The refs were terrible, but they were just the final nail in the coffin we purchased, dressed for, climbed into, and closed.

kevonm
Can we get alternate angles on that XP, that looked close

ModSocks
Amazing how the flag happy Refs kept the rags in the pockets on that play...

They're not even fucking trying to call offensive PI. Complete disregard for the rule this season.

Hammock Parties
10-19-2017, 10:23 PM
GIF up the scoring TD. There's an angle that shows w/e raider scrub reciever that was pushing off on his break in.

Mitchell initiates the contact. Not sure if OPI.

https://i.imgur.com/qGtIeU7.jpg

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/9500345/camm.0.gif

'Hamas' Jenkins
The refs may have fucked the Chiefs over, but it certainly wasn't intentional. If it was, they wouldn't have called OPI on Crabtree on the first last play of the game.

BigRedChief
https://i.imgur.com/RmwKSIt.gif

If I'm the refs I don't know about rewarding Cook for dropping a TD.On a game ending play they never, ever call anything close to that call.

EPodolak
10-19-2017, 10:24 PM
Maybe it's too much to ask old, slow white dudes to officiate fast moving NFL games.

The game is a mess.

TomBarndtsTwin
The phantom penalty on Houston's strip sack was just awful, so we got screwed there.

But Sutton's shitty defensive scheme is what cost us this game. It's about knowing your strengths and weaknesses and Sutton just seems to have no fucking clue who his best players are on defense and instead has the shitty ones deciding games.

Fucking ignorant cocksucker.

Easy Street
I think the NFL has a lot of financial incentive to keep the Raiders relevant.

ROFL Take off your tin foil hat and return to earth. Did you forget that the Raiders were in the NFL basement a couple years ago?

kevonm
Mitchell initiates the contact. Not sure if OPI.

https://i.imgur.com/qGtIeU7.jpg

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/9500345/camm.0.gif

It was a pretty hard full extension shove. Definitely our defense is to blame for the prior penalties, but it is always surprising what is called and what isnt

Hammock Parties
10-19-2017, 10:25 PM
Can we get alternate angles on that XP, that looked close

there's no alt

https://i.imgur.com/ACHivC4.gif

Tribal Warfare
10-19-2017, 10:25 PM
We got fucked RAW and DIRTY DICKED

ModSocks
10-19-2017, 10:26 PM
The phantom penalty on Houston's strip sack was just awful, so we got screwed there.

Oh fuck thanks for reminding me.

NJChiefsFan
10-19-2017, 10:27 PM
there's no alt

https://i.imgur.com/ACHivC4.gif

That went in if you consider where it was when it passed the post. Refs always suck. Play like shit and it can hurt you

10-19-2017, 10:27 PM
chiefs screwed themselves. The refs just helped them ram it in further.

kevonm
10-19-2017, 10:29 PM
That went in if you consider where it was when it passed the post. Refs always suck. Play like shit and it can hurt you

Thanks for the gif, it looked good

ROYC75
10-19-2017, 10:32 PM
Damn, not only that!

There was so much wrong in this game..... where the hell do you start to dissect?

DJ's left nut
10-19-2017, 10:32 PM
Yes, we got screwed. It was a Craig Wrolstad game so of course we got screwed.

That said, this defense has given up 950 yards of total offense the last two games. So we got screwed in the same way Jenna Jameson would get screwed if she walked around naked in a bar full of sailors on shore leave.

Yeah, we got flipped over the bar and fucked hard, but we pretty much had it coming.

Be less goddamn terrible and this doesn't happen.

19now11
10-19-2017, 10:42 PM
car has a broken fucking back. lets rush 3!ROFL

cdcox
10-19-2017, 10:44 PM
Yes, but we bent over and spread our cheeks.

PutQuinnIn
10-19-2017, 10:52 PM
Can't touch the guy after 5 yards seemed simple enough.

IowaHawkeyeChief
10-19-2017, 10:54 PM
Can't touch the guy after 5 yards seemed simple enough.

The ball was at the 4...

TimBone
10-19-2017, 10:56 PM
This games on the offense for twice failing to put the game away.
Bro.....505 yards, given up. Offense put up 30. This loss was not on the offense.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-19-2017, 11:02 PM
These games are simply far too horribly officiated to get upset over. Those final five plays were an abomination.

Ron Swanson
10-19-2017, 11:04 PM

But Sutton's shitty defensive scheme is what cost us this game. It's about knowing your strengths and weaknesses and Sutton just seems to have no ****ing clue who his best players are on defense and instead has the shitty ones deciding games.

****ing ignorant one who sucks the penis.

That was complete bullshit, they just made up a game changing penalty.

lcarus
10-19-2017, 11:15 PM
These games are simply far too horribly officiated to get upset over. Those final five plays were an abomination.

Exactly. I just don't give a shit anymore. I'll still watch because I'm stupid, but to make weak calls like that TWICE when they were pushing off and holding all day with few calls against them. On at least one of those holding calls at the end they should have picked up the fucking flag the same way they did on the first TD that was clearly OPI.

Hammock Parties
10-19-2017, 11:18 PM
This was a screwjob for sure.

https://i.imgur.com/DO2aETR.gif

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
10-19-2017, 11:22 PM
That was complete bullshit, they just made up a game changing penalty.

This one could have been game-changing, but wasn't. Chiefs eventually stopped them and then scored with a 99-yard drive.

Ron Swanson
10-19-2017, 11:25 PM
This one could have been game-changing, but wasn't. Chiefs eventually stopped them and then scored with a 99-yard drive.

It doesn't matter, that changed the momentum of the game and was a terrible call. Just because it turned out how it did, doesn't make it ok.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
10-19-2017, 11:29 PM
It doesn't matter, that changed the momentum of the game and was a terrible call. Just because it turned out how it did, doesn't make it ok.

Didn't say it was ok. It was awful. Just pointing out that it didn't change shit.

Ron Swanson
10-19-2017, 11:40 PM
Didn't say it was ok. It was awful. Just pointing out that it didn't change shit.

You don't know that, say we score on the next play and then get them 3 and out on the kickoff, it's a different game.

BigRedChief
10-19-2017, 11:49 PM
Hill getting his helmet ripped off wasn't a penalty.

Ron Swanson
10-19-2017, 11:56 PM
Hill getting his helmet ripped off wasn't a penalty.

It was a horribly officiated game, the whole crew should be suspended.

penbrook
10-20-2017, 12:00 AM
It was a horribly officiated game, the whole crew should be suspended.

This crew is the one that fucked the Chiefs over vs the Cards

PunkinDrublic
10-20-2017, 12:03 AM
Bro.....505 yards, given up. Offense put up 30. This loss was not on the offense.

Our defense is garbage right now but so is Oaklands. We get in field goal range in either of those last two possessions and convert, we win. I have higher expectations for the offense.

BigRedChief
10-20-2017, 12:23 AM
Our defense is garbage right now but so is Oaklands. We get in field goal range in either of those last two possessions and convert, we win. I have higher expectations for the offense.30 points on the road against a hated division rival should be enough to win the game.

MarkDavis'Haircut
10-20-2017, 12:58 AM

Utter joke of a call.

I am to the point now where I usually just watch Raiders games. Occasionally, MNF because Gruden is a good announcer but the NFL must fix its product. College football is far more enjoyable.

The referees are crippling this league. They all want to make the big call and influence the game. The best refs are like children. Seen and not heard unless necessary.

penbrook
10-20-2017, 01:00 AM
Utter joke of a call.

I am to the point now where I usually just watch Raiders games. Occasionally, MNF because Gruden is a good announcer but the NFL must fix its product. College football is far more enjoyable.

The referees are crippling this league. They all want to make the big call and influence the game. The best refs are like children. Seen and not heard unless necessary.

Ed Hochuli the only ref I trust to make a correct call anymore

TimBone
10-20-2017, 01:00 AM
Our defense is garbage right now but so is Oaklands. We get in field goal range in either of those last two possessions and convert, we win. I have higher expectations for the offense.
You conceded the point in your first sentence. Our defense is garbage. 30 points from the offense on the road versus a division rival on a short week. The offense delivered.

nkd
10-20-2017, 01:01 AM
the one where he pushed the guy out of bounds was not a penalty actually. Everything else looked fine. But the guy had is arm on his arm not holding him, it was like them both turning together. only time I saw real contact was when the ball got there. So I have to call the refs on that one.

You actually can't blame offense. Reid played it safe in the second half after they scored that TD. But you are talking about Amari cooper who couldn't catch the damn ball had 210 yards against one of the better secondaries. Chiefs gave car all day, Sutton needed to bring heat atleast a few times on the last drive. Its like they were hell bent on beating them one on one and kept losing and still kept trying.

penbrook
10-20-2017, 01:04 AM
the one where he pushed the guy out of bounds was not a penalty actually. Everything else looked fine. But the guy had is arm on his arm not holding him, it was like them both turning together. only time I saw real contact was when the ball got there. So I have to call the refs on that one.

You actually can't blame offense. Reid played it safe in the second half after they scored that TD. But you are talking about Amari cooper who couldn't catch the damn ball had 210 yards against one of the better secondaries. Chiefs gave car all day, Sutton needed to bring heat atleast a few times on the last drive. Its like they were hell bent on beating them one on one and kept losing and still kept trying.

One of the better secondaries ROFL. We are 28th in pass defense after this game and 29th in Run D. However 20th in Points allowed

Ming the Merciless
10-20-2017, 01:32 AM
You conceded the point in your first sentence. Our defense is garbage. 30 points from the offense on the road versus a division rival on a short week. The offense delivered.

Offense played good enough but aren't completely blameless

2nd week in a row, just needed a drive ...

And this time problem just 1 more 1st down

Its not fair to cry "team game!!!" When the offense shit the bed last week then put 100% of the blame on the D now

They made a stop...with the lead...and handed the ball to the offense

There's some blame there

Imon Yourside
10-20-2017, 02:29 AM
30 points on the road against a hated division rival should be enough to win the game.

Unless you know your defense is dogshit and you try to play keep away with 9 minutes left in a 6 pt game.

nkd
10-20-2017, 02:36 AM
That penalty to extend the game where cook dropped the ball was a joke. He literally was pushing the defender down the whole play, you even see the head being pushed down and then he leaves and turns. lOl it was more of penalty on cook and then he drops the pass being wide open lol. Pathetic call, I keep watching that and I still dont see how that was not cook literally man handling the defender.

nkd
10-20-2017, 02:40 AM
One of the better secondaries ROFL. We are 28th in pass defense after this game and 29th in Run D. However 20th in Points allowed

dude the last two games I am talking about. Those stats got worse over the last two games. Pittsburgh really burned em and now raiders. Its the lack of pressure up front making them look bad. Chiefs do have decent corners, but when you have QBs who have all day to throw anyone will put numbers on them. Numbers don't speak the truth, the problem is upfront. Give a decent QB all day he will torch you. Look at this O-line, Alex never really has enough time but when he does even he lights other D's up.

penbrook
10-20-2017, 02:43 AM
dude the last two games I am talking about. Those stats got worse over the last two games. Pittsburgh really burned em and now raiders. Its the lack of pressure up front making them look bad. Chiefs do have decent corners, but when you have QBs who have all day to throw anyone will put numbers on them. Numbers don't speak the truth, the problem is upfront. Give a decent QB all day he will torch you. Look at this O-line, Alex never really has enough time but when he does even he lights other D's up.

Hopefully Hali gives us a little pass rush

Casyle
10-20-2017, 03:58 AM
Did we get screwed? In my opinion, I'm leaning towards yes. However, we should have made it a two score game on one our last two offensive drives, and not let it get to that point.

The first defensive pass interference call is the one that really surprised me. Cook and Parker are both going at it when Cook pushes off, turns around, looks for the ball, then jumps and fails to catch it. Their mutual fighting had no impact on the play whatsoever, yet DPI was called on Parker?

Then another seeming push off on the winning TD goes uncalled.

As I said though, we should have made it a two score game, so that we wouldn't have to worry about the questionable officiating.

Red Dawg
10-20-2017, 04:40 AM
Scheme on defense is idiotic. You don't sit back let a qb just throw up long ball after long ball. Down and distance says bring the heat and Sutton doesnt. Its completely stupid. Eventually tthey are going to.catch one and they did and we lost. Also once again we need the offense to get 3 or a first down and they dont.

Yeah they scored 30 and it should be enough but it wasnt. We needed 32. So they gotta get it done .

farmerchief
10-20-2017, 05:20 AM
Did we get screwed? In my opinion, I'm leaning towards yes. However, we should have made it a two score game on one our last two offensive drives, and not let it get to that point.

The first defensive pass interference call is the one that really surprised me. Cook and Parker are both going at it when Cook pushes off, turns around, looks for the ball, then jumps and fails to catch it. Their mutual fighting had no impact on the play whatsoever, yet DPI was called on Parker?

Then another seeming push off on the winning TD goes uncalled.

As I said though, we should have made it a two score game, so that we wouldn't have to worry about the questionable officiating.
Yep, could have been one of those times when the Refs just let them play,as both were handfighting on the one Cook just flat missed. Our D did stink or at least the scheme did, but our Offenses inability to just "grasp" the game in hand and close it out by getting a few first downs, has been an ongoing problem for years! sucks

Mile High Mania
10-20-2017, 05:22 AM
Wish I could have watched it... was at a jr high football game. Interested in seeing what happened, lots of 'BlackOp' love out there. Maybe this whole place has gone crazy. Either way, sounds like a tough loss.

farmerchief
10-20-2017, 05:23 AM
Hopefully Hali gives us a little pass rush
Not if Sutton wont let him Rush and drops him in coverage!:cuss:

Aspengc8
10-20-2017, 05:39 AM
Yeah by Bob Sutton.

:banghead:

Gravedigger
10-20-2017, 05:47 AM
I can think of two bullshit calls, the OPI on Cooper that nobody ever called, and the bullshit penalty that took away the fumble we should've gotten. Either one of those would've changed the game.

rockymtnchief
10-20-2017, 05:51 AM
Wish I could have watched it... was at a jr high football game. Interested in seeing what happened, lots of 'BlackOp' love out there. Maybe this whole place has gone crazy. Either way, sounds like a tough loss.

No, it was just terrible officiating. Touch Carrs facemask with a finger, personal foul. Rip Tyreeks helmet off, nothing to see here.

KCUnited
10-20-2017, 05:56 AM
I'd liked Oakland's 2 receiver jump ball where the 1 receiver acts like a shield blocking the defenders while the other receiver goes up for the ball.

Mile High Mania
10-20-2017, 05:58 AM
No, it was just terrible officiating. Touch Carrs facemask with a finger, personal foul. Rip Tyreeks helmet off, nothing to see here.

So, the standard stuff that fans of every team complain about weekly...

rockymtnchief
10-20-2017, 06:12 AM
So, the standard stuff that fans of every team complain about weekly...

No, I was just adding to what everyone else has posted. I don't think there was any conspiracy to hold KC down, it was just bad officiating in the game.

highBOLTage
10-20-2017, 06:25 AM

Were there any angles that showed the flag on the ground in that area? Maybe they announced the wrong number and penalty was elsewhere? Otherwise, yeah, that was bad.

HemiEd
10-20-2017, 06:27 AM
It tasted like the fix was in to me. :(

Dartgod
10-20-2017, 06:30 AM
Yes, the day Bob Sutton was hired as DC, we got screwed.

Reerun_KC
10-20-2017, 06:32 AM
Yes, the day Bob Sutton was hired as DC, we got screwed.

Be thankful Dole isn’t a mod. This used to be ban worthy.

lawrenceRaider
10-20-2017, 06:33 AM
I didn't watch the game, and won't be watching any more games this year. These games are decided before they start. So yeah, you probably got screwed. Though the two plays in the GIF are pretty obvious defensive holding calls.

ARROW2
10-20-2017, 06:39 AM
We get fucked because we have ALEX FUCKING SMITH. The league DOESN'T want to promote games with Alex Smith. Put Mahomes in there and maybe we start getting flags in our favor because the league will be sucking his dick.

TEX
10-20-2017, 06:44 AM
I can think of two bullshit calls, the OPI on Cooper that nobody ever called, and the bullshit penalty that took away the fumble we should've gotten. Either one of those would've changed the game.

Yep. Game changers for sure. Romo and Nance were beside themselves on the phantom call that negated Houston's strip...The first Oakland TD was total OPI - No doubt. Both calls were egregious and "pushed" the game in a certain direction and we got what we got afterwards. Had only one of the correct calls been made, this game is different. :shake:

Still - having said that - The Chiefs still could have won it, had they had anything other than a bottom 5 defense. But likely would have won it regardless, had the game not been altered by those two calls.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-20-2017, 09:11 AM
The hold on Cook was basically the league saying Oakland WILLL NOT be four games back.

The Franchise
10-20-2017, 09:13 AM
I'd say that loss is 50% defense and 50% getting fucked by the refs. Both are pathetic.

Couch-Potato
10-20-2017, 10:53 AM
Honestly, no. Our DBs played like shit.

KCrockaholic
10-20-2017, 11:00 AM
I'd say that loss is 50% defense and 50% getting ****ed by the refs. Both are pathetic.

Percentage games are fun. I'll go with 5% Andy playing it entirely too conservative on offense at the end. 10% OL can't run block to help Kareem get the 1st. 40% defense is garbage. 45% refs dictated the game and made sure Oakland had as many chances as possible at the end.

MahiMike
10-20-2017, 11:01 AM
There are 10 plays you could ask that question of.

Ming the Merciless
10-20-2017, 11:03 AM

in the refs defense , there was an uncalled facemask that we got away with, a little later so i dont think they were playing favorites

they were just bad

scho63
10-20-2017, 11:05 AM
The worse call was the late hit by Peters. Not even close to a late hit. Carr wasn't even down!

Clay, can you pull that video replay from the Chiefs side?

Hammock Parties
10-20-2017, 11:18 AM
The worse call was the late hit by Peters. Not even close to a late hit. Carr wasn't even down!

Who cares? It resulted in no points.

Rain Man
10-20-2017, 11:43 AM
Percentage games are fun. I'll go with 5% Andy playing it entirely too conservative on offense at the end. 10% OL can't run block to help Kareem get the 1st. 40% defense is garbage. 45% refs dictated the game and made sure Oakland had as many chances as possible at the end.

I'll go 44% no pass rush, 20% officiating, 15% offensive line weakness, 10% inability of defensive backs to contest jump balls, 8% poor linebacker play, 5% conservative offense, 4% Eric Berry for not stretching properly, and (-6%) Harrison Butker's awesomeness.

Graystoke
10-20-2017, 11:54 AM
I'll go 44% no pass rush, 20% officiating, 15% offensive line weakness, 10% inability of defensive backs to contest jump balls, 8% poor linebacker play, 5% conservative offense, 4% Eric Berry for not stretching properly, and (-6%) Harrison Butker's awesomeness.

I am 100% Sad

Dartgod
10-20-2017, 11:57 AM
I am 100% Sad

60% sad and 40% don't care here.

DC.chief
10-20-2017, 12:08 PM
60% sad and 40% don't care here.

50% angry, 25% sad, 20% constipated, 5% don't care

morphius
10-23-2017, 03:52 PM
in the refs defense , there was an uncalled facemask that we got away with, a little later so i dont think they were playing favorites

they were just bad

I question whether that ref there in the corner throwing all the flags isn't the same one standing in the corner that called off the early PI for a TD as well. I think he should probably be looking for a new job.

NJChiefsFan
10-23-2017, 07:10 PM

That was a stupid play by Peters either way. No reason for the hit. Even if they didn't have to call it he never should have given the refs a chance to make that call. For the record I think it was the right call, but even if it wasn't you shouldn't be making that hit for that exact reason.