PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Let's talk about reasons to be optimistic

TLO
10-19-2017, 10:41 PM
I know it's easy to want to put this loss on Bob Sutton, the NFL, officiating, etc - and those may all be valid points.

Instead of dwelling on all the negatives, what positives come out of tonight's game?

I can think of a few.

1. This offense has some real weapons. Both for now, and in the future. Hunt, Hill, and Kelce are stars. They should make the transition that much smoother for Mahomes (hopefully starting next season)

2. The Chiefs are still 5-2, and 1-1 in the division. The loss tonight sucks, but I don't see the Raiders coming into Arrowhead later this season and pulling another upset. The NFL truly seems to lack a dominant team this year, which provides me some optimism come playoff time.

3. Butker has been fantastic. This guy has the look of a star.

Anything else to add?

ModSocks
10-19-2017, 10:43 PM
Patrick Mahomes.

Yes, i know tonight had nothing to do with Alex. But knowing we have an exciting young prospect at QB to look forward to puts a smile on my face.

Oh, and Demarcus Robinson.

TomBarndtsTwin
10-19-2017, 10:44 PM
Eric Berry back next season.

Defense is lost without him.

Reerun_KC
10-19-2017, 10:44 PM
2018 and Mahomes

I’ve seen this season more times than I care too.

Hammock Parties
10-19-2017, 10:45 PM
2018 and Mahomes

Demarcus Robinson is having an excellent second preseason.

Simplicity
Demarcus Robinson is a positive. This kid will get in sync with Smith. He’s always open!

jimidollar
Nothing positive for this season. Time to rebuild the defense. Try again next year.

Iconic
There is nothing optimistic about one and done.

Buehler445
10-19-2017, 10:47 PM
The reason to be optimistic is TNF always sucks. Always. Teams are virtually never on Thursday what they are on Sunday.

cdcox
10-19-2017, 10:47 PM
2018 and Mahomes

If he plays 20 years, in all likelihood they won't all be with Andy Reid. Another positive.

Strongside
10-19-2017, 10:48 PM
No, let’s not. Fuck you.

Discuss Thrower
Patrick Mahomes.

He's not playing until 2019.

Hammock Parties
https://i.imgur.com/n2piglC.gif

suzzer99
10-19-2017, 10:49 PM
#1 - maybe we're getting the horror out of our system *before* the playoffs for once.

cdcox
10-19-2017, 10:50 PM
#1 - maybe we're getting the horror out of our system *before* the playoffs for once.

You are way too smart to believe this.

TLO
https://i.imgur.com/n2piglC.gif

That made me smile. Definitely a reason to be optimistic with a Mahomes lead offense with all these weapons already around him.

Eleazar
like I was saying in another thread, I think this is a 10 win team that got off to a hot start.

Alex Smith will not play like he has all year.

The defense can't stop the run or the pass. Contending teams don't have those questions.

Turnovers dried up. What do we have, 3 takeaways in the last 4 games?

Big plays on special teams dried up.

O-line is a mess.

Coaching probably already cost us one game, on Sunday.

When your team is good fundamentally, when you can stop the run or the pass, or when you can consistently generate first downs, you can weather these things. Right now, this team isn't good enough for that.

We will have some entertaining games and probably a playoff appearance, but anything else is a pipe dream until the roster gets serious work and unless/until Mahomes develops.

Chiefnj2
Sitting on the bench Mahomes learned to throw at Mitchell, Gaines and Murray next year when they are playing for new teams.

Ragged Robin
10-19-2017, 10:51 PM
Alex slung it like a boss and people are still complaining about him lmao

Hammock Parties
We will have some entertaining games and probably a playoff appearance, but anything else is a pipe dream until the roster gets serious work and unless/until Mahomes develops.

It's good to not be emotionally invested.

Feels good.

I'm saving my pennies for a rainy day in 2018.

FloridaMan88
The same Raiders offense that needed garbage time plays to get over 100 yards of total offense against Washington a few weeks ago had nearly 600 yards of total offense against Grob RobinSutton's failure of a defense.

Hard to find optimism with that reality.

Eleazar
10-19-2017, 10:52 PM
Alex slung it like a boss and people are still complain about him lmao

He's been one of the few bright spots, for sure. But I think we all know that this probably isn't the real Alex Smith, and that he's going to come back down to earth.

Hammock Parties
10-19-2017, 10:52 PM
Alex slung it like a boss and people are still complain about him lmao

To be honest if Alex wanted to salt this one away he could have gotten seven instead of three or not given the ball back in the fourth quarter.

DJ's left nut
10-19-2017, 10:53 PM
Reasons for optimism....hmmmm.....

If this exact roster were wearing a Denver Broncos jersey I'd expect 13 wins and a championship. So in that regard, I still figure theres some talent here.

But sadly, we do not cheer for the Broncos. We cheer for a team that is uncanny in its ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

TLO
10-19-2017, 10:53 PM
The defense can't stop the run or the pass. Contending teams don't have those questions.

If contending teams didn't have issues, they'd all go 16-0. It's about finding a balance, and masking the weaknesses to the best of your ability. I don't have much faith in Sutton at this point, but perhaps getting Nelson back, (and MAYBE Hali), will make a difference.

kysirsoze
10-19-2017, 10:54 PM
This defense needs Peters and Peters needs Berry.

This defense ALSO can't stop the run without Berry.

Optimism is this offense has the potential to just flat out score other teams when our Oline gets healthy.

Other than that, the optimism is we get Berry back next year.

Chiefs316
10-19-2017, 10:54 PM
It’s the same shit every year. Ive got better things that do then watch smith check down for another close loss. This team almost had me fooled again but I’ve grown. I’m a better man. I know better by now. Because Chiefs. Finding someone better to invest my time in next week.

cdcox
10-19-2017, 10:55 PM
Sitting on the bench Mahomes learned to throw at Mitchell, Gaines and Murray next year when they are playing for new teams.

Don't give Sorenson a pass. He is a third safety at best.

Eleazar
10-19-2017, 10:55 PM
If contending teams didn't have issues, they'd all go 16-0. It's about finding a balance, and masking the weaknesses to the best of your ability. I don't have much faith in Sutton at this point, but perhaps getting Nelson back, (and MAYBE Hali), will make a difference.

You don't see Super Bowl teams with defenses that are at the bottom of the league in yards, especially if it's against both the run AND the pass. Yes, points are what matters, but being #30 in yards or whatever we will be after this week shows that it's a mirage.

carcosa
10-19-2017, 10:56 PM
He's not playing until 2019.

Stop it

10-19-2017, 10:58 PM
Fuck positives. This team will be one and done again.

Ragged Robin
10-19-2017, 10:59 PM
To be honest if Alex wanted to salt this one away he could have gotten seven instead of three or not given the ball back in the fourth quarter.

To be honest we shouldn't even have been in that situation if the defense didn't cough up over 400 yards in the air.. 30 points is more than enough to win a game in the NFL. The offense showed up one year too late

DJ's left nut
10-19-2017, 11:01 PM

Can't fault him for the R2P2 offense on that last drive and a receiver not picking up the hot route. He played his ass off today.

But again - it's the Chiefs. It just doesn't fucking matter. Mahomes could throw for 5,000 yards and 40 TDs a season and we will still win 12 games and lose in the first round.

You want optimism? You danced around it bit didn't quite get there. The great news is that there's no sense at all in EVER expecting anything from this franchise. Ever. So just watch them like a reality television show where the outcome is wholly immaterial.

True optimism comes from the knowledge that there's really no point in giving a shit. They're losers and losers find ways to fail. Best defense in football? Steve fucking Bono is your QB. Amazing offense? Lemme tell you about Mike Mazlowski. Your game managing QB becomes a fucking God among men? Watch me kill your all world safety, age your LBs in dog years and convince your superstar CB that social justice is more worthy of his time than coverage responsibilities.

Pat Mahomes will fail here, too. Why? Because Chiefs. Abandon all hope, ye who enter here. And that reality is, in and of itself, cause for optimism.

PAChiefsGuy
10-19-2017, 11:03 PM
Our offense will win us a lot of games so we will make the playoffs and if our D improves somehow we have a shot at the SB but I don't see how our D can improve in any drastic way. The talent isn't there wout Berry.

We can blitz more but I don't think we have the CBs or safeties to be very good at it.

10-19-2017, 11:03 PM
Can't fault him for the R2P2 offense on that last drive and a receiver not picking up the hot route. He played his ass off today.

But again - it's the Chiefs. It just doesn't fucking matter. Mahomes could throw for 5,000 yards and 40 TDs a season and we will still win 12 games and lose on the first round.

You want optimism? You danced around it bit didn't quite get there. The great news is that there's no sense at all in EVER expecting anything from this franchise. Ever. So just watch them like a reality television show where the outcome is wholly immaterial.

True optimism comes from the knowledge that there's really no point in giving a shit. They're losers and losers find ways to fail. Best defense in football? Steve fucking Bono is your QB. Amazing offense? Lemme tell you about Mike Mazlowski. Your game managing QB becomes a fucking God among men? Watch me kill your all world safety, age your LBs in dog years and convince your superstar CB that social justice is more worthy of his time than coverage responsibilities.

Pat Mahomes will fail here to. Why? Because Chiefs. Abandon all hope, ye who enter here. And that reality is, in and of itself, cause for optimism.
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/7b/7b84bd3d9954ec8c4f2d4aac7ad2a86ab71d74d198654e843a2d04cecf6276dc.jpg

10-19-2017, 11:04 PM
Our offense will win us a lot of games so we will make the playoffs and if our D improves somehow we have a shot at the SB but I don't see how our D can improve in any drastic way. The talent isn't there wout Berry.

We can blitz more but I don't think we have the CBs or safeties to be very good at it.

Sutton won't change a damned thing. I'm sure he doesn't think anything is broken.

ping2000
10-19-2017, 11:04 PM
We are allowed to be grumpy for at least 24 hours. We have just been kicked in the nuts.

Chiefs316
10-19-2017, 11:05 PM

But again - it's the Chiefs. It just doesn't ****ing matter. Mahomes could throw for 5,000 yards and 40 TDs a season and we will still win 12 games and lose on the first round.

True optimism comes from the knowledge that there's really no point in giving a shit. They're losers and losers find ways to fail. Best defense in football? Steve ****ing Bono is your QB. Amazing offense? Lemme tell you about Mike Mazlowski. Your game managing QB becomes a ****ing God among men? Watch me kill your all world safety, age your LBs in dog years and convince your superstar CB that social justice is more worthy of his time than coverage responsibilities.

Pat Mahomes will fail here, too. Why? Because Chiefs. Abandon all hope, ye who enter here. And that reality is, in and of itself, cause for optimism.

This x 1000.

Hammock Parties
10-19-2017, 11:08 PM

But again - it's the Chiefs. It just doesn't fucking matter. Mahomes could throw for 5,000 yards and 40 TDs a season and we will still win 12 games and lose on the first round.

Holy fuck, dude.

It's a dark day when you have less optimism than me.

In Veach I Trust.

Ragged Robin
10-19-2017, 11:10 PM

But again - it's the Chiefs. It just doesn't ****ing matter. Mahomes could throw for 5,000 yards and 40 TDs a season and we will still win 12 games and lose on the first round.

True optimism comes from the knowledge that there's really no point in giving a shit. They're losers and losers find ways to fail. Best defense in football? Steve ****ing Bono is your QB. Amazing offense? Lemme tell you about Mike Mazlowski. Your game managing QB becomes a ****ing God among men? Watch me kill your all world safety, age your LBs in dog years and convince your superstar CB that social justice is more worthy of his time than coverage responsibilities.

You just out Clay'd Clay. Getting to the real truth instead of jumping on the retard bandwagon on a week to week basis

Only158
10-19-2017, 11:11 PM
I do have faith that Nelson might be better than Mitchell. I am not as optimistic about Tamba. I do continue to wonder why we made a second round pick this year if Kpass is going to have the same view as Mahomes. The real issue is rushing 3 and believing Murray can cover ANY TE in the league. Sutton is just tired and sad.

cdcox
10-19-2017, 11:12 PM
Three things matter. First, we had a six point lead with four minutes left and Andy Reid had to decide whether to put the game in the hands of the offense or the defense. He idiotically chose the defense. Second, Clark Bar is okay with this. Third, Chiefs fans are okay with Andy. Enjoy your tailgate, peasants.

FlintHillsChiefs
10-19-2017, 11:21 PM
He's been one of the few bright spots, for sure. But I think we all know that this probably isn't the real Alex Smith, and that he's going to come back down to earth.

We've been saying that all year and now the season is almost halfway over. At what point do we recalibrate our expectations? Honest question

JohnnyV13
10-20-2017, 02:45 AM
Fuck optimism. I can't be optimistic after that shit show. I still want to break shit.

penbrook
10-20-2017, 02:51 AM
Peters stood for the anthem. That’s one thing to be optimistic I guess