PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs As of today, Alex Smith leads all NFL quarterbacks in

Pages : [1] 2

Best22
10-20-2017, 07:01 AM
Touchdowns (15)
Yards (1959)
Completion percentage (72.4%)
Fewest interceptions thrown (0)
Yards per attempt (8.7)
Rating (120)
Game winning drives (3)

Unfortunately he is the:
2nd most sacked quarterback (21)

(He has played 7 games, while 30 other quarterbacks have played 6, but these stats don't lie)

Mr_Tomahawk
10-20-2017, 07:21 AM
Where did he rank BEFORE the game?

PAChiefsGuy
10-20-2017, 07:25 AM
He is having an MVP year. Those stats, especially the INTs and compl % are unreal.

Hopefully our defense turns it around because I'd hate to see a year like this wasted.

TLO
10-20-2017, 07:25 AM
Too bad the defense fucking sucks the big one now.

Ragged Robin
10-20-2017, 07:40 AM

1st in QBR, 1st in Completion%, 1st in YPA, 1st in TD:INT, 3rd in YPG

Seems nice to me :hmmm:

Also lol @ 1st in game winning drives. That means he led a game winning drive in literally half the games we played before yesterday

loochy
10-20-2017, 07:52 AM
Too bad the defense ****ing sucks the big one now.

I know, right? I don't get why it always has to be all of one or the other.

kcchiefsus
10-20-2017, 07:55 AM
Defense is obviously the primary culprit, but Smith still gets a very small amount of blame IMO for not moving the chains when it mattered at the end to run the clock.

Ken Bone
10-20-2017, 07:57 AM
Alex Smith is finally playing the best football of his career, he's playing beyond what most people on CP ever thought he was capable of. However, this defense is reminiscent of the 2003 defense. Eric Warfield and Jerome Woods would be so proud..

Eleazar
10-20-2017, 07:58 AM
His propensity to make incredible throws sometimes and overthrow wide open receivers at other times is really pretty puzzling.

TLO
10-20-2017, 08:02 AM
His propensity to make incredible throws sometimes and overthrow wide open receivers at other times is really pretty puzzling.

You mean like every other QB in the NFL?

Reerun_KC
10-20-2017, 08:02 AM
Alex Smith is finally playing the best football of his career, he's playing beyond what most people on CP ever thought he was capable of. However, this defense is reminiscent of the 2003 defense. Eric Warfield and Jerome Woods would be so proud..

Irony huh? Guess if he wants it bad enough he’ll make it happen and make the plays to continue to win.

Red Dawg
10-20-2017, 08:04 AM
Where does he rank in missed throws to wide open recivers to close out games? That is the stat that matters.

RobBlake
10-20-2017, 08:07 AM
Where does he rank in missed throws to wide open recivers to close out games? That is the stat that matters.

5-2

RobBlake
10-20-2017, 08:08 AM
If this was mahomes y'all would be slinging praises loo he's MVP level this year no doubt

Hammock Parties
10-20-2017, 08:09 AM
like tears in the rain

http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/images/user12162/imageroot/2013/09/rutger.gif

Best22
10-20-2017, 08:11 AM

Very high

Red Dawg
10-20-2017, 08:13 AM
5-2

Lol. There you have it.

Ken Bone
10-20-2017, 08:16 AM
5-2 and leading the NFL in touchdowns is pretty amazing when you're dealing with this shit almost every 3rd down.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Khalil Mack (<a href="https://twitter.com/52Mack_?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@52Mack_</a>) viciously long arms Eric Fisher! Textbook <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Raiders?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Raiders</a> <a href="https://t.co/tj4blw3QA3">pic.twitter.com/tj4blw3QA3</a></p>&mdash; DLineVids (@DLineVids) <a href="https://twitter.com/DLineVids/status/921190136112594944?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 20, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Best22
10-20-2017, 08:17 AM

On the last two drives the Raiders got pressure on his face which foiled any attempt at a good pass

What is it like to get pressure on the other QB face? We haven't seen it all season

They got pressure, we didn't. We lose

ARROW2
10-20-2017, 08:24 AM
Defense is obviously the primary culprit, but Smith still gets a very small amount of blame IMO for not moving the chains when it mattered at the end to run the clock.

Small? After said defense gave him TWO fucking chances to put the game away? I don't give two fucks about cumulative stats this year. Two games in a row, he had the ball in HIS hands and failed to deliver. This is not trending in the right direction. How many times did he run last night?

ARROW2
10-20-2017, 08:25 AM

Wow, the defense of this loser is amusing. Brady overcame bad defense in the SB because he is truly an elite QB.

Best22
10-20-2017, 08:27 AM
Small? After said defense gave him TWO ****ing chances to put the game away? I don't give two ****s about cumulative stats this year. Two games in a row, he had the ball in HIS hands and failed to deliver. This is not trending in the right direction. How many times did he run last night?

Smith is a pass first, run second guy. He used to run at first sign of pressure. Now he stays in there and delivers. It's what we all wanted:rolleyes:

ARROW2
10-20-2017, 08:28 AM
5-2 and leading the NFL in touchdowns is pretty amazing when you're dealing with this shit almost every 3rd down.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Khalil Mack (<a href="https://twitter.com/52Mack_?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@52Mack_</a>) viciously long arms Eric Fisher! Textbook <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Raiders?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Raiders</a> <a href="https://t.co/tj4blw3QA3">pic.twitter.com/tj4blw3QA3</a></p>&mdash; DLineVids (@DLineVids) <a href="https://twitter.com/DLineVids/status/921190136112594944?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 20, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Alex panicked, he could have escaped that. Mack was falling down.

Best22
10-20-2017, 08:29 AM
Wow, the defense of this loser is amusing. Brady overcame bad defense in the SB because he is truly an elite QB.

Brady's defense allowed 21 points to the red hot Falcon offense (Brady threw pick 6). Smiths defense allows 31 to the Raiders offense

Brady scored 28 in regulation, Alex 30

What's your point?

ARROW2
10-20-2017, 08:29 AM
Smith is a pass first, run second guy. He used to run at first sign of pressure. Now he stays in there and delivers. It's what we all wanted:rolleyes:

Smith is only effective when he IS running because he doesn't have the confidence in his arm to do it and his vision sucks. He sailed balls all night, even completions to wide open receivers.

ARROW2
10-20-2017, 08:32 AM

I wanted him gone and he will be after this year, so what is the point? They are hoping that this is the year (his 13th, 14th, whatever) that he FINALLY puts it together. ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

We are probably the only team in NFL history that gave away a third, next year's first and traded UP 17 FUCKING SPOTS for a QB and didn't start him. What a fucking joke of a franchise. FUCK ANDY for not having any BALLS. Walrus ass bitch!

Best22
10-20-2017, 08:33 AM
I wanted him gone and he will be after this year, so what is the point? They are hoping that this is the year (his 13th, 14th, whatever) that he FINALLY puts it together. ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

We are probably the only team in NFL history that gave away a third, next year's first and traded UP 17 ****ING SPOTS for a QB and didn't start him. What a ****ing joke of a franchise. **** ANDY for not having any BALLS. Walrus ass bitch!

I'm sure Mahomes would throw 15 TD, 0 INT, and 2009 yards

We'd be like 3-4, 4-3 at best with Mahomes

ARROW2
10-20-2017, 08:34 AM
Brady's defense allowed 21 points to the red hot Falcon offense (Brady threw pick 6). Smiths defense allows 31 to the Raiders offense

Brady scored 28 in regulation, Alex 30

What's your point?

You fucking idiot. Brady made the biggest comeback in SB history, despite his D being handled in that game. Even overcame a pick 6 and WON THE DAMN GAME when it counted. Alex is trumpeted for not throwing a pick. So fucking what?

ARROW2
10-20-2017, 08:34 AM
I'm sure Mahomes would throw 15 TD, 0 INT, and 2009 yards

We'd be like 3-4, 4-3 at best with Mahomes

bullshit.

Best22
10-20-2017, 08:35 AM
You ****ing idiot. Brady made the biggest comeback in SB history, despite his D being handled in that game. Even overcame a pick 6 and WON THE DAMN GAME when it counted. Alex is trumpeted for not throwing a pick. So ****ing what?

If Brady's defense was as poor as ours in LI, Falcons win 45-20.

Atleast

Mile High Mania
10-20-2017, 08:52 AM
Alex is certainly playing well, the 0 INTs is the most fantastic of all those stats. As you mentioned, he has 1 more game under his belt with this being the first game of week 7.

TDs, he is tied with Watson (2 fewer games). Brady, Wentz and Stafford could tie or pass him after this week's games.

Yardage, another strong mark - Brady is right behind him with Palmer and Rivers about a game in reach.

Safe to say that few expected this type of production, speaks highly of Hill and Hunt opening things up for Alex, Kelce and the others. And, not saying that to deminish what he's done, just evidence that Smith (like so many others) needs playmakers and the ability to make plays.

Will be interesting to see where he lands next year...

Dartgod
10-20-2017, 09:13 AM
Arrow focusing his anger on Alex, when the defense last night gave up over 500 yards of offense and 31 total points.

Dumb ass...

Red Dawg
10-20-2017, 09:23 AM

No he didn't. He has never had a defense lower than 10. Last year they were 1 in points allowed.

Mile High Mania
10-20-2017, 09:25 AM
Arrow focusing his anger on Alex, when the defense last night gave up over 500 yards of offense and 31 total points.

Dumb ass...

I think that's it more than anything...

505, 439, 392, 406 ... that's a lot of yards given up in those 4 games.

PAChiefsGuy
10-20-2017, 09:28 AM

Our defense is horrible. We don't anything well right now. Nothing. It is hard to watch.

ChiTown
10-20-2017, 10:01 AM
Without Morse, LDT and how shitty Fisher is playing, I'm amazed he has the stats he does. Remarkable job by AS11, imo.

Kaepernick
10-20-2017, 10:56 AM
On the last two drives the Raiders got pressure on his face which foiled any attempt at a good pass

What is it like to get pressure on the other QB face? We haven't seen it all season

They got pressure, we didn't. We lose

Brady was sacked 3 times and under pressure all night in game 1.

Best22
10-20-2017, 10:58 AM

True. And that was a win

notorious
10-20-2017, 11:00 AM

It's obvious.

The Chiefs have went from a team that had to play flawless defense to win to having to play flawless offense to win.

Alex has been playing excellent this year except for some bad missed passes against Pitt.

ARROW2
10-20-2017, 11:09 AM

Dumb ass...

No, you are the dumb ass. Get one first down and the game is over. he had two chances that that the DEFENSE gave him during the last 6 minutes of the game. So-called MVPs come through in those situations. Sometimes you have to win shootouts and that has always been a knock on Alex is can you win a shootout with him. I see you still can't. Shootouts happen, sometimes both teams score a lot of points against normally good defenses. But a great QB finds a way to win, ESPECIALLY when the ball is in his hands and his d has been a little loose all night. Why leave it up to the D (even though they made two huge stops late in the 4th to give sir choke a lot a chance to put it away) when you are the so-called MVP and having your best year ever?

**** YOU and anybody who covers for sir choke a lot.

You bought into the "new" alex narrative, I did not.

Mav
10-20-2017, 11:12 AM

Dumb ass...

If Alex were better the defense wouldn’t suck!
-Arrow2 logic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ARROW2
No he didn't. He has never had a defense lower than 10. Last year they were 1 in points allowed.

Talking about the SB, they were getting torched. Which makes my point, sometimes you have to win a shootout because for some reason or another, the d is struggling. The offenses in this league can get it going sometimes. That is why you need a QB who is not a pussy and will put the game away instead of turtling up and hoping the D comes through so when they don't, he won't take the blame. F that guy.

wazu
Man, we would’ve KILLED for this Alex for years! Then the Chiefs finally go all-in on a 1st round QB and this happens. This almost makes me hate Alex more.

Mav
10-20-2017, 11:13 AM
No, you are the dumb ass. Get one first down and the game is over. he had two chances that that the DEFENSE gave him during the last 6 minutes of the game. So-called MVPs come through in those situations. Sometimes you have to win shootouts and that has always been a knock on Alex is can you win a shootout with him. I see you still can't. Shootouts happen, sometimes both teams score a lot of points against normally good defenses. But a great QB finds a way to win, ESPECIALLY when the ball is in his hands and his d has been a little loose all night. Why leave it up to the D (even though they made two huge stops late in the 4th to give sir choke a lot a chance to put it away) when you are the so-called MVP and having your best year ever?

**** YOU and anybody who covers for sir choke a lot.

You bought into the "new" alex narrative, I did not.

Romper room candidate?

MahiMike
10-20-2017, 11:15 AM
That's my fantasy QB baby!

MahiMike
10-20-2017, 11:17 AM
At least I still have my fantasy team. I didn't even want to do it anymore cause I wanted to concentrate on just the chiefs. With this defense it's all a fantasy anyway.

ARROW2
10-20-2017, 11:17 AM
If Alex were better the defense wouldn’t suck!
-Arrow2 logic

They certainly would have gotten more rest against Pitt after that stellar one first down and 6 yard showing in the first half last week. It always comes down to the QB You don't realize that DESPITE all the shit you are talking about the D, Alex could have erased all of that shit and put the game away but his dumb ass takes a sack and then goes 3 and out after the D stops Oakland again to give oak one last shot. Stay blind. Even when we had great defenses that gave up only 10 and 14 points, we lost both playoff games because we had Bono and Grbac. Alex didn't even look good on most of his completions last night. Dudes had to reach for it all night, even when wide open.

Ragged Robin
10-20-2017, 11:19 AM
Alex didn't even look good on most of his completions last night. Dudes had to reach for it all night, even when wide open.

ROFL

ARROW2
10-20-2017, 11:20 AM
Romper room candidate?

47 years and counting. Chiefs, the only team in history to aggressively trade up 17 spots, give up a 3rd, next year's first, for a QB, watch said QB light it up in preseason and sit him.

Exactly who is the romper room candidate?

JakeF
10-20-2017, 11:21 AM
ArrowheadPride is taking the position that the defense is just fine that it's the offense that is at fault.

ARROW2
10-20-2017, 11:23 AM
ROFL

It's true. Go look at the game. Even the Kelce td was just a great catch, horrible throw. Wilson TD, horrible underthrow that should have been picked.
Robinson and Tyreek routinely having to expose their ribs to make the catch. Fuck all of you losers, you deserve the agony that is upcoming.

Dawson = AFCC and SB
Montana = AFFC

Only times in our history we made it that far. You figure out the common denominator. In between? Nothing but mediocre QBs and heartache.

Last home playoff win? 94 with Old ass Montana.

What a fucking joke. You Smith jockers and the Smith deserve each other.

Easy 6
10-20-2017, 11:25 AM
I dont give a shit what anyone says, 25 of 36 for 342 and 3 TD should be enough to win every ****ing game we play

This was NOT on Alex Smith

Ragged Robin
10-20-2017, 11:27 AM
Dawson = AFCC and SB
Montana = AFFC

Only times in our history we made it that far. You figure out the common denominator. In between? Nothing but mediocre QBs and heartache.

What a ****ing joke. You Smith jockers and the Smith deserve each other.

And after all that a typical Chiefs loss like this still makes you so upset that you need to desperately dig for reasons to blame the QB after a near perfect performance despite the defense giving up an outrageous 500 yards ROFL

Straight up clowning. You should be pretty familiar by now to not let games like these get to you.

Mav
10-20-2017, 11:27 AM
47 years and counting. Chiefs, the only team in history to aggressively trade up 17 spots, give up a 3rd, next year's first, for a QB, watch said QB light it up in preseason and sit him.

Exactly who is the romper room candidate?

Except that every expert said from the get go that of the first round qbs that were drafted that Mahomes would need the most time. But I think you should apply to be on the Chiefs staff. Clearly you know more than anyone else.

ARROW2
10-20-2017, 11:29 AM
Name another franchise that would give up what they did for Mahomes, watch him look good with his opportunities and then sit him. You won't find it. Never mind KC hasn't taken a first round QB in 34 fucking years. When they get aggressive and do it, they get scared to play him and take the safe route. What the FUCK has that gotten us in damn near 50 years?

Hammock Parties
10-20-2017, 11:31 AM
I dont give a shit what anyone says, 25 of 36 for 342 and 3 TD should be enough to win every ****ing game we play

Alex Smith is 9-41-1 when the opponent scores 24+

Best22
10-20-2017, 11:33 AM
It's true. Go look at the game. Even the Kelce td was just a great catch, horrible throw. Wilson TD, horrible underthrow that should have been picked.
Robinson and Tyreek routinely having to expose their ribs to make the catch. **** all of you losers, you deserve the agony that is upcoming.

Dawson = AFCC and SB
Montana = AFFC

What a ****ing joke. You Smith jockers and the Smith deserve each other.

Dawson and Montana had good defenses. Especially Dawson. 1969 was special

Brady would not have won the Superbowl last year with this KC defense

ARROW2
10-20-2017, 11:34 AM

BINGO!!!! Speaks for itself. He can't win shootouts.

Easy 6
10-20-2017, 11:34 AM

Dont give a shit, when he compiled that record he wasnt playing like he is these days... last night was plenty good enough to win if the defense doesnt roll over like a cheap whore

ARROW2
10-20-2017, 11:35 AM
Dawson and Montana had good defenses. Especially Dawson. 1969 was special

Brady would not have won the Superbowl last year with this KC defense

Bono and Grbac had great defenses in 95 and 97. Montana did more with that cast and also had hall of famers like Willie Davis, JJ Birden, Fred Jones, Keith Cash, etc. lol

Hammock Parties
10-20-2017, 11:37 AM
Dont give a shit, when he compiled that record he wasnt playing like he is these days... last night was plenty good enough to win if the defense doesnt roll over like a cheap whore

He didn't lose that game, he just didn't go win it.

RunKC
10-20-2017, 11:37 AM
Tom Brady has never won a SB without a top 10 defense.

Putting this game on Alex is beyond moronic.

ARROW2
10-20-2017, 11:38 AM
Except that every expert said from the get go that of the first round qbs that were drafted that Mahomes would need the most time. But I think you should apply to be on the Chiefs staff. Clearly you know more than anyone else.

Need the most time based on what? Certainly not his preseason performance. highest rated QB in the preseason, vet or rookie.

Mav
10-20-2017, 11:38 AM
Name another franchise that would give up what they did for Mahomes, watch him look good with his opportunities and then sit him. You won't find it. Never mind KC hasn't taken a first round QB in 34 fucking years. When they get aggressive and do it, they get scared to play him and take the safe route. What the FUCK has that gotten us in damn near 50 years?

So even though Alex Smith is playing like a top 3 qb in the league through roughly half the season you would sit him? Of the Chiefs were 2-5, you’d have a point. But they are 5-2.....

ARROW2
10-20-2017, 11:39 AM
Tom Brady has never won a SB without a top 10 defense.

Putting this game on Alex is beyond moronic.

Hopefully that is sarcasm with the Mahomes avatar. What did we do with out top 10 defenses in 95 and 97 with Bono and Grbac?

ARROW2
10-20-2017, 11:41 AM
So even though Alex Smith is playing like a top 3 qb in the league through roughly half the season you would sit him? Of the Chiefs were 2-5, you’d have a point. But they are 5-2.....

I would have started the rookie from the jump. We know how the Smith movie ends. Don't be that aggressive to get Mahomes only to sit him. Makes no fucking sense. Nobody has EVER been that aggressive to get a project. If that is what they had in mind, they are stupid as fuck.

Mav
10-20-2017, 11:42 AM
Need the most time based on what? Certainly not his preseason performance. highest rated QB in the preseason, vet or rookie.

Playing vanilla defenses with scrubs, and against scrubs means very little. For reference, Trubisky who I believe is the best qb in the draft is struggling. There is an adjustment. Andy won’t waste a potentially playoff bound success of a team just to appease a fan base. Right or wrong.

Mav
10-20-2017, 11:43 AM
I would have started the rookie from the jump. We know how the Smith movie ends. Don't be that aggressive to get Mahomes only to sit him. Makes no fucking sense. Nobody has EVER been that aggressive to get a project. If that is what they had in mind, they are stupid as fuck.

I firmly believe 1000 percent that getting Mahomes was a 2018 move.

Easy 6
10-20-2017, 11:43 AM
He didn't lose that game, he just didn't go win it.

Thats a have your cake and eat it too way of putting it, and it doesnt pass muster

Mav
10-20-2017, 11:44 AM
Btw, the Texans were equally aggressive and didn’t start Watson...,

ARROW2
10-20-2017, 11:45 AM
Playing vanilla defenses with scrubs, and against scrubs means very little. For reference, Trubisky who I believe is the best qb in the draft is struggling. There is an adjustment. Andy won’t waste a potentially playoff bound success of a team just to appease a fan base. Right or wrong.

What playoff bound success? Another early exit?

ARROW2
10-20-2017, 11:46 AM
I firmly believe 1000 percent that getting Mahomes was a 2018 move.

Then it is stupid to give up what they gave up to get him if that is the case.

RunKC
Hopefully that is sarcasm with the Mahomes avatar. What did we do with out top 10 defenses in 95 and 97 with Bono and Grbac?

Alex has played like an MVP candidate in 6/7 games. That never happened with Grbac or Bono.

Mav
Then it is stupid to give up what they gave up to get him if that is the case.

Not if you feel he is a generational talent. Not at all.

ARROW2
Btw, the Texans were equally aggressive and didn’t start Watson...,

He is starting now. BTW, they wanted Mahomes BADLY!!!

Hammock Parties
Thats a have your cake and eat it too way of putting it, and it doesnt pass muster

It's just the facts.

He had two chances to seal the deal and didn't get it done.

Doesn't mean he lost the game, he just didn't flash that killer instinct...you remember...the killer blow...50,000 Romans....

More of that, plz.

ARROW2
10-20-2017, 11:47 AM
Not if you feel he is a generational talent. Not at all.

If you feel he is generational talent, then you are stupid as fuck to sit him.

Ming the Merciless
10-20-2017, 11:48 AM

false

it wasnt enough to win this game, because the defense shit the bed.

he needed 1 more 1st down, maybe 2 when the defense (miraculously) somehow stopped them in the final couple minutes of the game and handed him the ball with the lead.

The defense was mainly to blame , absolutely...but come on man...not 5% of the fault here?

Easy 6
10-20-2017, 11:48 AM
It's just the facts.

Doesn't mean he lost the game, he just didn't flash that killer instinct...you remember...the killer blow...50,000 Romans....

More of that, plz.

Killer instinct like a 3 play, 99 yard drive?

That kind of killer instinct?

Mav
10-20-2017, 11:50 AM
He is starting now. BTW, they wanted Mahomes BADLY!!!

That’s only because Tom Savage sucked, which Alex Smith hasn’t. For the record the Browns wanted Mahomes too.

ARROW2
It's just the facts.

More of that, plz.

As long as he doesn't have that killer instinct, we will always fall short

Hammock Parties
Killer instinct like a 3 play, 99 yard drive?

That kind of killer instinct?

That didn't seal the deal, sorry.

ARROW2
That’s only because Tom Savage sucked, which Alex Smith hasn’t. For the record the Browns wanted Mahomes too.

So did a LOT of other teams

Mav
10-20-2017, 11:52 AM
If you feel he is generational talent, then you are stupid as fuck to sit him.

Not at all. The kid is 21 years old. Eli Manning was a generational talent and he sat, Aaron Rodgers sat, the bears wanted Trubisky to sit. It’s not unprecedented. And yes, THE GIANTS GAVE UP A TON for Eli, and he sat.

Easy 6
10-20-2017, 11:53 AM
That didn't seal the deal, sorry.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qxS8NhWA41Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RunKC
10-20-2017, 11:54 AM
Putting Mahomes in solves nothing. He's not going to play as well as Alex has been.

Best22
10-20-2017, 11:54 AM
Bono and Grbac had great defenses in 95 and 97. Montana did more with that cast and also had hall of famers like Willie Davis, JJ Birden, Fred Jones, Keith Cash, etc. lol

If 15 TD, 0 INT, 2000 yards Smith had an elite defense we would be 7-0 and clear Superbowl favorites

Hammock Parties
10-20-2017, 11:55 AM
Smith had four chances on the Chiefs last three drives to end this game.

Incomplete
Incomplete
Chiefs settle for 3

Incomplete
Punt

Sack
Punt

Didn't lose the game...but he didn't go win it.

Mav
10-20-2017, 11:58 AM
Smith had four chances on the Chiefs last three drives to end this game.

Incomplete
Incomplete
Chiefs settle for 3

Incomplete
Punt

Sack
Punt

Didn't lose the game...but he didn't go win it.

It’s true. I thought for sure they would convert on that last 3rd down but Bruce Irvin destroyed Kelce and both tackles got destroyed. Epic fail by the entire offense.

Dartgod
10-20-2017, 12:00 PM
It’s true. I thought for sure they would convert on that last 3rd down but Bruce Irvin destroyed Kelce and both tackles got destroyed. Epic fail by the entire offense.

Alex's fault.

BigCatDaddy
10-20-2017, 12:01 PM
Carr was the better man last night and has a history of finishing games strong. That was the difference.

Hammock Parties
10-20-2017, 12:03 PM
Carr was the better man last night and has a history of finishing games strong. That was the difference.

It was like watching Marty punt the ball back to Elway.

Best22
10-20-2017, 12:05 PM

Carr played the softer defense

Chiefs offense love some mismatches. Could you imagine Chiefs offense vs Chiefs defense?

They would put Murray on Kelce in man to man all dayROFL.
Mitchell could not keep up with Hill without a jamROFL
Pass rush would keep Smith clean
Run game would look good

Smith may throw 34/40, 500 yards, 5 TD, 0 INT:)

56 points

BigCatDaddy
10-20-2017, 12:07 PM
Carr played the softer defense

Chiefs offense love some mismatches. Could you imagine Chiefs offense vs Chiefs defense?

They would put Murray on Kelce in man to man all dayROFL.
Mitchell could not keep up with Hill without a jamROFL
Pass rush would keep Smith clean
Run game would look good

Smith may throw 34/40, 500 yards, 5 TD, 0 INT:)

56 points

Alexcuses return.

JakeF
10-20-2017, 12:08 PM
Marcus Peters should have intercepted every pass the Raiders attempted.

Didn't lose the game...but didn't win it.

Best22
10-20-2017, 12:10 PM
Alexcuses return.

"Defensexcuses" appear

DaFace
10-20-2017, 12:14 PM
ArrowheadPride is taking the position that the defense is just fine that it's the offense that is at fault.

I have no idea what you're talking about. I haven't gotten that impression in the least - quite the opposite.

And for that matter, that's like saying "ChiefsPlanet is taking the position that __________." AP is a fan community, not a collective.

JakeF
10-20-2017, 12:15 PM
I have no idea what you're talking about. I haven't gotten that impression in the least - quite the opposite.

And for that matter, that's like saying "ChiefsPlanet is taking the position that __________." AP is a fan community, not a collective.I'll try to dig up some links.

Alexcuses return.

DaFace
10-20-2017, 12:18 PM
I'll try to dig up some links.

Here. I'll help.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2017/10/20/16507604/the-kansas-city-chiefs-need-to-figure-out-their-defense-who-is-to-blame

JakeF
10-20-2017, 12:20 PM
Don’t blame the Kansas City Chiefs defense
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2017/10/17/16483114/dont-blame-the-kansas-city-chiefs-defense

Hammock Parties
10-20-2017, 12:24 PM
He's talking about the Steelers game.

l4z4rd
10-20-2017, 01:17 PM

Ehh...Carr was up against a 3 man rush and prevent D all game long.

jLoy88
10-20-2017, 01:23 PM

When it mattered most... we ran a 2yd run to Hunt, a 2yd run to Spiller, and then Alex got free blitzed on 3rd down when no one picked up Navorro. He can't tell the coach to fuck off when he is calling shitty plays.

King_Chief_Fan
10-20-2017, 01:28 PM

AP is full of idiots....D couldnt hold the lead and allowed numerous completion to WR'S that have been snuffed out by other defenses....not to mention the # of penalties the D had.
Defense and the offensive line are sinking the ship.

King_Chief_Fan
10-20-2017, 01:31 PM
Smith still gets a very small amount of blame IMO for not moving the chains when it mattered at the end to run the clock.
Pure manure

ARROW2
10-20-2017, 01:33 PM
Pure manure

LOL, small amount of blame goes to the alledged MVP candidate for not moving the chains in crunch time in a back and forth game.

RunKC
10-20-2017, 01:38 PM

Except he completely shit himself late in the game last week against the Chargers

NJChiefsFan
10-20-2017, 01:43 PM
Alex deserved a lot of blame for the pit game. Doesn't deserve any for this one.

DaFace
10-20-2017, 01:48 PM
Don’t blame the Kansas City Chiefs defense
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2017/10/17/16483114/dont-blame-the-kansas-city-chiefs-defense

That's from 3 days ago.

ARROW2
10-20-2017, 03:00 PM
Alex deserved a lot of blame for the pit game. Doesn't deserve any for this one.

Keep believing that

12Toastie
10-20-2017, 03:01 PM
Team game, plenty of blame to go around.. play caller included.. Tired of seeing Andy Reid offenses go into a shell with a lead.

oaklandhater
10-20-2017, 03:06 PM
That's from 3 days ago.

Don't blame them for the Pitt game that's fair....

But you can almost solely blame them for last nights lost.

A8bil
10-20-2017, 06:05 PM
When it mattered most... we ran a 2yd run to Hunt, a 2yd run to Spiller, and then Alex got free blitzed on 3rd down when no one picked up Navorro. He can't tell the coach to **** off when he is calling shitty plays. You put your finger on the real point...the playcalling was not designed to have Alex win the game. It was to run the clock, play field position and have the defense stop the raiders. You don't run two running plays and leave the QB 3rd and long if you want the QB to keep the ball out of the other team's hands.

ARROW2
10-20-2017, 06:16 PM
You put your finger on the real point...the playcalling was not designed to have Alex win the game. It was to run the clock, play field position and have the defense stop the raiders. You don't run two running plays and leave the QB 3rd and long if you want the QB to keep the ball out of the other team's hands.

Keep covering for alex.

ARROW2
10-20-2017, 06:28 PM
Akex gets one more first down and raider fans are ripping their defense today. We had 400+ yards on them. Again, it was a shootout. They hapoen. Difference? Carr came through, with zebra help and alex didnt.

TEX
10-20-2017, 06:33 PM
Akex gets one more first down and raider fans are ripping their defense today. We had 400+ yards on them. Again, it was a shootout. They hapoen. Difference? Carr came through, with zebra help and alex didnt.

Alex does too with the same help from said zebras...

A8bil
10-20-2017, 06:33 PM
Keep covering for alex. Nah...just some logic, a modicum of football sense and a bias-free perspective. Given him credit when credit is due, and give him blame when blame is due...those last series were Reid having his team play not to lose. I guess the statisticians will tell you that works the vast majority of the time, but the same statisticians will tell you sometimes it doesn't. It didn't, but it did take some heroics by Carr and his receivers to win it.

ARROW2
10-20-2017, 06:48 PM
Alex does too with the same help from said zebras...

Really? We got 10 chances with 0 on the clock? Ok

Mav
10-20-2017, 07:14 PM
Really? We got 10 chances with 0 on the clock? Ok

Yeah weird how it’s Alex’s fault that the defense couldn’t stop 1 play out of 10.....

Hammock Parties
10-21-2017, 10:39 AM
Passing chart is sexy this week.

8 for 11 on throws over 10 yards

4-4 on throws over 20 yards

Alex is a better deep thrower than intermediate thrower this year....very strange.

https://charts-cdn-a.nextgenstats.nfl.com/static-charts/900/pass-chart_SMI031126_2017-reg-7_1508472698430.jpeg

stevieray
10-21-2017, 10:41 AM

:rolleyes:

...all the defense had to do was get a stop to DEFEND the lead.

Hammock Parties
10-21-2017, 10:42 AM

...all the defense had to do was get a stop to DEFEND the lead.

How did we lose the playoff game again? Did Pittsburgh's defense stop us, or did their offense get a first down via the pass?

:hmmm:

#InBeforePelvisBlamesTheRefs

Hammock Parties
10-21-2017, 11:01 AM
Jesus Christ, the Alex Smith 20+ numbers are staggering.

Last year: 12-40, 427 yards, 2 TD
This year: 12-21. 561 yards, 6 TD

RobBlake
10-21-2017, 11:04 AM

This is seriously crazy. If Mike Nolan and singletard didn't screw the culture and alex so badly...

Coogs
10-21-2017, 11:08 AM
Losses since last Sunday.

PHOG
10-21-2017, 12:11 PM
Losses since last Sunday.

Quite true. :(

Mav
10-21-2017, 02:05 PM

That’s madden numbers.

Hammock Parties
10-21-2017, 02:08 PM
Big Ben was the top downfield passer last season.

31-81, 1,016 yards, 13 TD

Smith is on pace for 1,282 yards and 14 TD

LMAO

stevieray
10-21-2017, 02:09 PM
How did we lose the playoff game again?

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

deflection.

...has nothing to do with the faid game or what I said.

Hammock Parties
10-21-2017, 02:11 PM
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

deflection.

...has nothing to do with the faid game or what I said.

It has everything to do with it.

Ben didn't punt the ball back to us, thereby winning it.

Smith did punt the ball back to the Raiders, thereby assisting in the loss.

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-21-2017, 02:12 PM
Big Ben was the top downfield passer last season.

31-81, 1,016 yards, 13 TD

Smith is on pace for 1,282 yards and 14 TD

LMAO

Smith is awesome . He'll make a great backup for us.

ARROW2
10-21-2017, 02:13 PM

Bingo!

stevieray
10-21-2017, 02:15 PM

LMAO

We lost that game for the same reason we couldn't keep the drive alive.

Eric Fisher choked in the most important play of the game.

stevieray
10-21-2017, 02:17 PM
Bingo!

LMAO

IIRC, One three and out all game.

Hammock Parties
10-21-2017, 02:31 PM
LMAO

You're blaming Fisher for one play when there were three separate possessions Smith could have done something to effectively end the game with a TD instead of a FG, or a first down.

Fisher isn't an MVP candidate. Smith is.

Hammock Parties
10-21-2017, 02:34 PM
Smith has to step up here and find a receiver.

This sack is on him.

https://i.imgur.com/f1TO0s7.gif

O.city
10-21-2017, 02:50 PM
Kelce getting held across the middle there

Best22
10-21-2017, 03:26 PM
Meanwhile our defense allows Jared Cook a free release in crunch time

O.city
10-21-2017, 03:27 PM
Yeah fisher did his job there. Pushed Mack around the pocket. Smith needs to step up

stevieray
10-21-2017, 03:46 PM
You're blaming Fisher for one play when there were three separate possessions Smith could have done something to effectively end the game with a TD instead of a FG, or a first down.

Fisher isn't an MVP candidate. Smith is.

blahblahblah.

had the lead...defense blew it.

Hammock Parties
10-21-2017, 03:49 PM
blahblahblah.

had the lead...defense blew it.

Absolutely they did. You're 100% correct.

And the MVP candidate blew his chance(s) to make the defensive performance academic.

Un-MVPlike.

penbrook
10-21-2017, 04:11 PM

This sack is on him.

No one is open there. Smith could’ve tried and ran for the first but by the time he did Fisher got owned and Mack was in his face

RunKC
10-21-2017, 04:15 PM
Chiefsplanet: You can't blame the defense vs the Steelers because they only gave up 17 points.

Also Chiefsplanet: it's Alex's fault even though the offense scored 30 points.

penbrook
10-21-2017, 04:16 PM
I blame this loss on Kelce. If he would’ve went forwards it would be 3rd and 1 instead of 3rd and 5

Hammock Parties
10-21-2017, 04:16 PM
No one is open there. Smith could’ve tried and ran for the first but by the time he did Fisher got owned and Mack was in his face

If Smith steps up he can absolutely rip one deep to Tyreek, or scramble.

https://i.imgur.com/n8OHysd.jpg

That play is on him.

Hammock Parties
10-21-2017, 04:18 PM
Chiefsplanet: You can't blame the defense vs the Steelers because they only gave up 17 points.

Also Chiefsplanet: it's Alex's fault even though the offense scored 30 points.

No one is blaming Alex for the loss.

But in the playoffs, in a shootout, you'll care if he pulls another disappearing act in the fourth quarter.

Legends aren't built on "waiting for the defense to close it out."

penbrook
10-21-2017, 04:22 PM
If Smith steps up he can absolutely rip one deep to Tyreek, or scramble.

https://i.imgur.com/n8OHysd.jpg

That play is on him.

He is literally getting sacked in that pic. Mack has a grab on Smith

RunKC
10-21-2017, 04:22 PM
No one is blaming Alex for the loss.

But in the playoffs, in a shootout, you'll care if he pulls another disappearing act in the fourth quarter.

Legends aren't built on "waiting for the defense to close it out."

Except we don't hold this standard to other players, like Carr who failed at that very situation a week earlier.

Hammock Parties
10-21-2017, 04:24 PM
He is literally getting sacked in that pic. Mack has a grab on Smith

If he had stepped up, the ball could be on it's way.

Hammock Parties
10-21-2017, 04:25 PM
Except we don't hold this standard to other players, like Carr who failed at that very situation a week earlier.

It's MVP Alex Smith.

It's a new standard.

Own the fourth, please.

penbrook
10-21-2017, 04:26 PM
If he had stepped up, the ball could be on it's way.

Idk why they don’t throw it deep to Hill everytime when he has 1 on 1 coverage with a DB. He put ran Amerson who had a 10 yard cushion

Reerun_KC
10-21-2017, 04:27 PM

The standard was created this year with Smitty.

stevieray
10-21-2017, 04:34 PM
Absolutely they did.

...and the defense SURRENDERED that lead.

end of story

Hammock Parties
10-21-2017, 04:47 PM
...and the defense SURRENDERED that lead.

end of story

And Alex Smith gave them the chance to surrender it.

A pity.

O.city
10-21-2017, 04:49 PM
That's not on fisher. Smith dropped about 8 yards and fisher pushed Mack around the pocket. If he steps up he could have hit Wilson

penbrook
10-21-2017, 04:51 PM
That's not on fisher. Smith dropped about 8 yards and fisher pushed Mack around the pocket. If he steps up he could have hit Wilson

First off it was a 3-5 step drop and he dropped back 5 yards. Fisher got owned once again in a crucial situation

stevieray
10-21-2017, 04:58 PM
And Alex Smith gave them the chance to surrender it.

No, he handed the lead TO them.

Can't win games giving up 4th and 11.

Everyone knew in the game thread that the D was going to choke it away.

You're a fraud.

penbrook
10-21-2017, 05:00 PM
am

Can't win games giving up 4th and 11.

Everyone knew in the game thread that the D was going to choke it away.

You're a fraud.

Who gave up that 4th and 11? Let me guess either Murray or Gaines

Hammock Parties
10-21-2017, 05:01 PM
a

:facepalm:

He gave the Raiders TWO chances to get the ball back and score, and they scored on both possessions in the fourth.

He bears some responsibility, you just don't want to assign him any blame at all.

MVPs don't disappear in the fourth.

stevieray
10-21-2017, 05:02 PM
Who gave up that 4th and 11? Let me guess either Murray or Gaines

Smith

/Fraud

stevieray
10-21-2017, 05:03 PM
He gave
MVPs don't disappear in the fourth.

false narratives

1)Their defense gave them the ball back

2)Insincere, weak "gotcha"

Hammock Parties
10-21-2017, 05:05 PM
Just as the Chiefs defense gave Alex Smith an opportunity to win the Redskins game by forcing a field goal, he gave them an opportunity to lose this game by giving the ball back to Oakland twice in the fourth quarter.

Alex doesn't get all of the credit for that win, and the defense doesn't get all of the blame for this loss.

Hammock Parties
10-21-2017, 05:06 PM
false narratives

It's only a false narrative if you believe Smith is no longer an MVP candidate, and should not be held to that standard.

stevieray
10-21-2017, 05:09 PM
Just as the Chiefs defense gave Alex Smith

Just as the Raiders defense gave Carr...

stevieray
10-21-2017, 05:09 PM
It's only a false narrative if you believe Smith is no longer an MVP candidate, and should not be held to that standard.

false narrative

RunKC
10-21-2017, 05:34 PM
Offense scored 30 points and Alex had 300+ yards and 3 TD's. Defense is the reason we lost this game folks.

BigCatDaddy
10-21-2017, 05:39 PM
Offense scored 30 points and Alex had 300+ yards and 3 TD's. Defense is the reason we lost this game folks.

In the end he couldn't do what so many franchise QBs have done to us though and put the game away.

O.city
10-21-2017, 05:43 PM
Smith played a great game

Just didn't put it away when he had the chance.

stevieray
10-21-2017, 05:46 PM

The defense couldn't put it away.

It was in their hands.

penbrook
10-21-2017, 05:51 PM
In the end he couldn't do what so many franchise QBs have done to us though and put the game away.

I didn’t know QBs played defense?

O.city
10-21-2017, 05:52 PM
The defense couldn't put it away.

It was in their hands.

And they forced a 3 and out and got the ball back to the offense

RunKC
10-21-2017, 05:55 PM

-Tom Brady scored 0 points in the 4th quarter against us.
-Carson Wentz couldn't win the game for his team down 1 score against us. Threw a pick instead.
-Derek Carr had a chance to win the game last week vs the Chargers and failed at the end.

Guess these guys aren't cutting it either.

penbrook
10-21-2017, 05:58 PM
-Carson Wentz couldn't win the game for his team down 1 score against us. Threw a pick instead.
-Derek Carr had a chance to win the game last week vs the Chargers and failed at the end.

The hate on Smitty is unreal. Smitty is like Trump to some people. Smith could win a super bowl and people would still bitch about him saying he should of done it sooner

stevieray
10-21-2017, 05:58 PM

that's great

they still surrendered the lead when the game was on the line.

RunKC
10-21-2017, 05:59 PM

2nd and 20
4th and 11
3rd and 10 at the 29 to first and goal at the 1

JFC dude quit making excuses for this defense. Oakland converted all of those.

O.city
10-21-2017, 06:08 PM
that's great

they still surrendered the lead when the game was on the line.

And the offense went 3 and out with a chance to end the game

O.city
10-21-2017, 06:10 PM
2nd and 20
4th and 11
3rd and 10 at the 29 to first and goal at the 1

JFC dude quit making excuses for this defense. Oakland converted all of those.

Oh they were shit on the last drive. For sure.

But they also got the raiders off the field and got the offense the ball back.

Andy played it safe and punted it. Hindsight but if he would have went play action and thrown it on 2nd down it could ha e ended it

Hammock Parties
10-21-2017, 06:12 PM

They absolutely aren't.

You want to win in this league, your QB better show up in the fourth quarter.

Alex was, this week he didn't, and it cost us the game in conjunction with a defensive collapse.

He didn't lose it, but he sure didn't win it.

Reerun_KC
10-21-2017, 06:12 PM
Win or lose, failure in the playoffs.

I’ve never been more sick of a player and his fans than I have alex smith.

stevieray
10-21-2017, 06:15 PM
And the offense went 3 and out with a chance to end the game

irrelevant

still time on the clock.

defense's responsibility.

Hammock Parties
10-21-2017, 06:15 PM
irrelevant

still time on the clock.

defense's responsibility.

It's not the offense's responsibility to run out the clock when the defense has been sucking hind tit?

Never?

Not in a million years?

stevieray
10-21-2017, 06:16 PM
I’ve never been more sick of a player and his fans than I have alex smith.

too bad.

:shrug:

stevieray
10-21-2017, 06:20 PM
It's not the offense's responsibility to run out the clock when the defense has been sucking hind tit?

Never?

Not in a million years?

LMAO

says the guy that blames alex when the defense "bails him out"

....your'e a one trick pony.

Hammock Parties
10-21-2017, 06:23 PM
LMAO

says the guy that blames alex when the defense "bails him out"

....your'e a one trick pony.

So is this franchise.

Until they stop doing that trick I'm going to take QBs to task for disappearing in the fourth quarter.

Reerun_KC
10-21-2017, 06:26 PM
too bad.

:shrug:

ACL or the Napoleon McCallum would do just fine.

Iconic
10-21-2017, 06:27 PM

Yeah, and they did that twice when it mattered most. As shit as the defense was our offense couldn't sustain a drive for the life of them. Oakland wasn't even doing anything special just attacking the run and playing a basic cover-2 zone like Pitt... And odds are we are going to keep seeing that until Andy figures out how to scheme around it.

BigCatDaddy
10-21-2017, 06:28 PM

In those games, yes. They didnt.

O.city
10-21-2017, 06:29 PM
Yeah, and they did that twice when it mattered most. As shit as the defense was our offense couldn't sustain a drive for the life of them. Oakland wasn't even doing anything special just attacking the run and playing a basic cover-2 zone like Pitt... And odds are we are going to keep seeing that until Andy figures out how to scheme around it.

Well I mean, they put up 400 some odd yards of offense and 30 points on it. I think they've e figured it out.

Just needed 1 more drive or stop

stevieray
10-21-2017, 06:35 PM
disappearing in the fourth quarter.

False narrative

Offense took the lead in the fourth.

Hammock Parties
10-21-2017, 06:37 PM
ACL or the Napoleon McCallum would do just fine.

https://i.imgur.com/NAvN5B6.gif

Hammock Parties
10-21-2017, 06:39 PM
False narrative

Offense took the lead in the fourth.

It look the lead into the fourth.

What did it do to preserve that lead?

Nothing.

The defense committed the murder, but the offense was definitely an accomplice.

threebag
10-21-2017, 06:44 PM
LMAO

IIRC, One three and out all game.

Don't forget to count the 99 yard 3 and out.

penbrook
10-21-2017, 06:45 PM
Everything is Smittys fault. They just can’t accept the fact that there’s truly Mahomes is watching a QB who is playing better this year than he would’ve

Hammock Parties
10-21-2017, 06:48 PM
Everything is Smittys fault. They just can’t accept the fact that there’s truly Mahomes is watching a QB who is playing better this year than he would’ve

No one is blaming Smith for the loss. Do you understand that?

We're just saying it would have been nice if the MVP had sealed the game.

A QBs job is not done just because the offense scores 30 points.

penbrook
10-21-2017, 06:52 PM
No one is blaming Smith for the loss. Do you understand that?

We're just saying it would have been nice if the MVP had sealed the game.

A QBs job is not done just because the offense scores 30 points.

If they scored with say 40’seconds left and Smith has a opportunity to get the ball back and failed to score than that’s his fault. However there was no time left. Defense failed to stop the Raiders offense. Also I’m pretty sure that XP was missed. They never did show the replay

Best22
10-21-2017, 06:54 PM
Just as the Chiefs defense gave Alex Smith an opportunity to win the Redskins game by forcing a field goal

"Forced"ROFL.

Doctson dropped the ball in the end zone. Defense didn't force shite, Alex saved our bacon

Sad fact is we drafted Mahomes but he can't help us. At all. He can't top what Smith has done. No rookie has ever done that. The problem with this team is the defense, and we have few answers there right now.

That's the sad part. We can scream Mahomes all day but he won't do better than 15 TD, 0 INT, 2000 yards. He can't.

Defense is the problem. Has been all year. Just so shoddy

Hammock Parties
10-21-2017, 06:57 PM
"Forced"ROFL.

Doctson dropped the ball in the end zone. Defense didn't force shit, Alex saved our bacon

Sad fact is we drafted Mahomes but he can't help us. At all. He can't top what Smith has done. No rookie has ever done that. The problem with this team is the defense, and we have few answers there right now.

That's the sad part. We can scream Mahomes all day but he won't do better than 15 TD, 0 INT, 2000 yards. He can't.

No one is talking about Mahomes in this thread.

We're just looking for a little responsibility for the MVP who disappeared in the 4th.

penbrook
10-21-2017, 06:58 PM
"Forced"ROFL.

Doctson dropped the ball in the end zone. Defense didn't force shit, Alex saved our bacon

The fact is Smith is off to the best start as a QB in NFL history

Iconic
10-21-2017, 07:07 PM
Well I mean, they put up 400 some odd yards of offense and 30 points on it. I think they've e figured it out.

Just needed 1 more drive or stop

Meh too often our offense stalled against a bad Oakland defense. Outside of the Kelce TD drive, we were pretty boom or bust... and one of those booms could of been an INT the other way. Yeah maybe this is all a slight exaggeration and I'm just nitpicking but this was against an awful Oakland D that's what- 29th against the pass and 21st against the run? What are we going to do against a GOOD defense that plans on running the same concepts- lay an egg like we did in Pitt?

Guess we'll find out in Denver.

PHOG
10-21-2017, 07:12 PM
Playoffs

Best22
10-21-2017, 07:13 PM
Meh too often our offense stalled against a bad Oakland defense. Outside of the Kelce TD drive, we were pretty boom or bust... and one of those booms could of been an INT the other way. Yeah maybe this is all a slight exaggeration and I'm just nitpicking but this was against an awful Oakland D that's what- 29th against the pass and 21st against the run? What are we going to do against a GOOD defense that plans on running the same concepts- lay an egg like we did in Pitt?

We got 27 on Philly
23 on Washington

This team wil probably average about 26-30ppg

42, 42, and 30 vs three below average defenses

This offense is solid. We scored on 6/9 drives. I think we're fine.

Do fans realize how many yards Amari Cooper DROPPED? I can think of three catches of atleast 15 yards he dropped. Oakland had two missed field goals. Defense got crushed. Absolutely pathetic defense. Shoulda been a 48-30 loss

PHOG
10-21-2017, 07:13 PM
Record

Reerun_KC
10-21-2017, 07:20 PM
Playoffs

That’s where Alex excels.

Reerun_KC
10-21-2017, 07:31 PM
That’s where Alex excels.

Spreadsheet stats.

O.city
10-21-2017, 07:43 PM

They dominated the Oakland d. Our d got dominated too.

O.city
10-21-2017, 07:44 PM
Carr also had quite a few throws that could or should have been picked. The one Houston knocked down, DJ probably picks and may score.

Just wasn't our night. Basically a carbon copy of the last thirsdau night there

penbrook
10-21-2017, 07:46 PM
Carr also had quite a few throws that could or should have been picked. The one Houston knocked down, DJ probably picks and may score.

Just wasn't our night. Basically a carbon copy of the last thirsdau night there

Or the one where it hit Mitchell in the hand but he had no idea it wa showing to him

penbrook
10-21-2017, 08:54 PM
We should’ve drafted Tra devious White instead of Mahomes. Talk about lock down corners. I’m sure he wouldn’t be leading the league in yards allowed like Mitchell is

Hammock Parties
10-21-2017, 08:58 PM
We should’ve drafted Tra devious White instead of Mahomes.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/138/024/a41.gif

stevieray
10-21-2017, 09:22 PM
What did it do to preserve that lead?

Nothing.

Because that's the defense's job.

stevieray
10-21-2017, 09:23 PM
MVP

Mean spirited false narrative.

One trick pony.

Hammock Parties
10-21-2017, 09:23 PM
Because that's the defense's job.

It's the whole team's job.

The defense saved Alex's ass for four seasons.

Now suddenly he can't return the favor?

Sorry, no. He bears part of the responsibility.

penbrook
10-21-2017, 09:25 PM

You said no one is blaming Smith for the loss now you’re saying he bears part of the responsibility. Choose one or the other. Don’t be a hypocrite

Hammock Parties
10-21-2017, 09:28 PM
You said no one is blaming Smith for the loss now you’re saying he bears part of the responsibility. Choose one or the other. Don’t be a hypocrite

No one is blaming him alone for the loss. Which was definitely the case a week ago.

I'd say it was 85% defense, 15% Alex not living up to his MVP title.

stevieray
10-21-2017, 09:29 PM

LMAO

it's fun watching you flail around because your entire premise is built upon sand, dying roots of slander and negativity.

stevieray
10-21-2017, 09:30 PM
Alex not living up to his MVP title.

false narrative

Baby Lee
10-21-2017, 10:35 PM
I used to ask in jest why the drafturbators didn't just load up on coverage of the pro bowl QB skills challenge, but more and more it seems like a serious question.

This isn't schtick, or trying to start a fight, but it seems like a contingent is only interested in football insofar as a QB has plenty of time to heave it as far as he can and hope.

The other 21 players on the field are a necessary irrelevancy. The coaches and the trainers and the coordinators and the rest of the roster are window dressing for 'the big show.'

Why put all those bodies at risk just to watch QB highlights? Just work up some smatk targets and develop some drills to test the QB's agility and accuracy. Have those tackling dummies roaming the field for the QB to avoid and target with passes.

There seems to be, in the history of the league, two players that meet their standards. Rodgers can reliably make magic sufficient to eek out some close wins. Elway made chicken salad out of chicken shit in the playoffs a generation ago.

Brady - has always had a competent team around him
Peyton - has had plenty of magic but always fell short when his defense was merely adequate.
Eli - spends a lot of his time as a useless spazz, then the entire team gets on a roll and the defense is fierce.
Romo - plenty of comebacks, nothing of note in the post season
Stafford - plenty of heaves to a big pile of nothing because the rest of the team sucks.
Brees - 1 SB [just like Rodgers] and a long career coming up short because the rest of the team was lacking
Rapelisburger - Occasional great games, but gets carried by his defense in big games. One exception was the one drive against the Cards.
Ryan - plenty of great seasons squandered by a poor surrounding cast. Finally makes it to the big game and squanders the biggest lead in SB history.
Cam - plenty of fireworks, but nothing in the post season unless the D is stout.
Even back to Warner and TGSOT, they had to weather a 10-12 slugfest in the playoffs.

And on and on and on.

Everything positive the team does doesn't matter because it's the regular season. But everything negative the team does ABSOLUTELY matters because it will come back to bite the in the post season.

As much as people like to squawk about a 'QB driven league' postseason success is reliably determined by late-season momentum and roster health. The lone outlier is a big one, the Patriots have a formula for being competitive from the end of preseason to the SB. But even they fell twice to the momentum and health of the Giants.

Forever I've said that 'it's a team game' and people try to twist it into some form of Alex love. But I've also said forever that Alex is merely good enough to win with a competent team. He's not a world saver. He's not an Elway or a Rogers, but few are [just two by my calculations]. His biggest strength ties into his biggest weakness. As Urban Meyer observed before he even left college, if he knows the play he's gonna execute to near perfection, but if he's in unfamiliar territory he's lost. So the key is preparation, comfort and squad health. He's not Miles Davis, but he's Yo-Yo Ma. If you're improvising and drawing shit up in the dirt, he's not worth a lot. If you're playing a symphony, he's capable of playing his part beautifully.

And we can't just sit around and wait for Mahomes to fix everything. I'm high on him, and think he can do very impressive things for us for a long time. But to expect him to cure our dysfunctions with an added spark alone is asking him to SURPASS Rodgers and Elway in game-changing potential. We're no going to be able to continue on with abysmal defense, or heaven forbid let a bunch of talent go as well, and just hope Mahomes magic pulls our collective ass out of the fire. For every thing so see Alex do and think Mahomes can do better, there's going to be in the long run things Alex does that Mahomes isn't ready or equipped to replicate [1/2 a season without an INT, uncanny scrambles, seeing a key matchup, . . . who knows for certain at this point, but they're there].

Reerun_KC
10-21-2017, 10:39 PM
We should’ve drafted Tra devious White instead of Mahomes. Talk about lock down corners. I’m sure he wouldn’t be leading the league in yards allowed like Mitchell is

ROFL

The shit you alex only fans convince yourself of is priceless.
Some delusional hombres to say the least.

Fish
10-21-2017, 10:40 PM
I used to ask in jest why the drafturbators didn't just load up on coverage of the pro bowl QB skills challenge, but more and more it seems like a serious question.

This isn't schtick, or trying to start a fight, but it seems like a contingent is only interested in football insofar as a QB has plenty to heave it as far as he can and hope.

The other 21 players on the field are a necessary irrelevancy. The coaches and the trainers and the coordinators and the rest of the roster are window dressing for 'the big show.'

Why put all those bodies at risk just to watch QB highlights? Just work up some smatk targets and develop some drills to test the QB's agility and accuracy. Have those tackling dummies roaming the field for the QB to avoid and target with passes.

There seems to be, in the history of the league, two players that meet their standards. Rodgers can reliably make magic sufficient to eek out some close wins. Elway made chicken salad out of chicken shit in the playoffs a generation ago.

Peyton - has had plenty of magic but always fell short when his defense was merely adequate.
Eli - spends a lot of his time as a useless spazz, then the entire team gets on a roll and the defense is fierce.
Stafford - plenty of heaves to a big pile of nothing because the rest of the team sucks.
Brees - 1 SB [just like Rodgers] and a long career coming up short because the rest of the team was lacking
Rapelisburger - Occasional great games, but gets carried by his defense in big games. One exception was the one drive against the Cards.
Ryan - plenty of great seasons squandered by a poor surrounding cast. Finally makes it to the big game and squanders the biggest lead in SB history.
Cam - plenty of fireworks, but nothing in the post season unless the D is stout.
Even back to Warner and TGSOT, they had to weather a 10-12 slugfest in the playoffs.

And on and on and on.

Everything positive the team does doesn't matter because it's the regular season. But everything negative the team does ABSOLUTELY matters because it will come back to bite the in the post season.

As much as people like to squawk about a 'QB driven league' postseason success is reliably determined by late-season momentum and roster health. The lone outlier is a big one, the Patriots have a formula for being competitive from the end of preseason to the SB. But even they fell twice to the momentum and health of the Giants.

Forever I've said that 'it's a team game' and people try to twist it into some form of Alex love. But I've also said forever that Alex is merely good enough to win with a competent team. He's not a world saver. He's not an Elway or a Rogers, but few are [just two by my calculations]. His biggest strength ties into his biggest weakness. As Urban Meyer observed before he even left college, if he knows the play he's gonna execute to near perfection, but if he's in unfamiliar territory he's lost. So the key is preparation, comfort and squad health. He's not Miles Davis, but he's Yo-Yo Ma. If you're improvising and drawing shit up in the dirt, he's not worth a lot. If you're playing a symphony, he's capable of playing his part beautifully.

And we can't just sit around and wait for Mahomes to fix everything. I'm high on him, and think he can do very impressive things for us for a long time. But to expect him to cure our dysfunctions with an added spark alone is asking him to SURPASS Rodgers and Elway in game-changing potential. We're no going to be able to continue on with abysmal defense, or heaven forbid let a bunch of talent go as well, and just hope Mahomes magic pulls our collective ass out of the fire. For every thing so see Alex do and think Mahomes can do better, there's going to be in the long run things Alex does that Mahomes isn't ready or equipped to replicate [1/2 a season without an INT, uncanny scrambles, seeing a key matchup, . . . who knows for certain at this point, but they're there].

tl,dr. Smith sucks.

ThaVirus
10-21-2017, 10:41 PM
Oh they were shit on the last drive. For sure.

But they also got the raiders off the field and got the offense the ball back.

Andy played it safe and punted it. Hindsight but if he would have went play action and thrown it on 2nd down it could ha e ended it

You can't go into a shell on offense with 4 minutes left in the game.

Once we got the ball at that point we should have been trying to get 1st downs- fuck that conservative shit.

Hammock Parties
10-21-2017, 11:05 PM

This isn't schtick, or trying to start a fight, but it seems like a contingent is only interested in football insofar as a QB has plenty of time to heave it as far as he can and hope.

And on and on and on.

https://media.tenor.com/images/ccef05a5d94d4df580f9b0042f20f073/tenor.gif

Baby Lee
10-21-2017, 11:28 PM
tl,dr. Smith sucks.

https://media.tenor.com/images/ccef05a5d94d4df580f9b0042f20f073/tenor.gif

Yes!! I've perfected my simpleton detector!!

To be fair to Claynkles, I'm not entirely sure whether he's

a) straight trolling as ever
b) has truly bought into the conventional wisdom that he has the fecal turn on the Midas touch and is just returning to his base schtick to reverse mjo
or
3) is simply a straight up simpleton.

Taking him at face value, all he gives a shit about though is chuck it and fuck it. Lord knows how many Rex Grossman fathead's he's defiled. He's probably hiding his shame boner from the situation we put Carr in to heave it to the heavens 1000 times last Thursday night.

smith11
10-22-2017, 01:27 AM

on the second to last drive i believe (if i recall correctly) smith hit kelce and rather than turning it upfield and making it about 3rd and 1, he tried to run lateral and made it about 3rd and 6..raiders blitzed on 3rd down and smith had to get rid of ball quickly because of the unblocked blitzer..to robinson, who was running a go downfield and did not break route off to account for blitz..

on last drive andy called 2 runs first and smith was sacked on 3rd down..clay said he should have stepped up in the pocket but if you look at the gif the 3 receivers shown are all covered

not sure how smith had a chance to put it away....andy turned conservative vs a team that was moving the ball...opposite of what he did vs falcons last year..and it cost him

penbrook
10-22-2017, 01:33 AM
on the second to last drive i believe (if i recall correctly) smith hit kelce and rather than turning it upfield and making it about 3rd and 1, he tried to run lateral and made it about 3rd and 6..raiders blitzed on 3rd down and smith had to get rid of ball quickly because of the unblocked blitzer..to robinson, who was running a go downfield and did not break route off to account for blitz..

on last drive andy called 2 runs first and smith was sacked on 3rd down..clay said he should have stepped up in the pocket but if you look at the gif the 3 receivers shown are all covered

not sure how smith had a chance to put it away....andy turned conservative vs a team that was moving the ball...opposite of what he did vs falcons last year..and it cost him

CP - Alex is the so called MVP so he needs to find a way to make the receivers open

RobBlake
10-22-2017, 04:34 AM
Y'all are so dumb lmao

cooper barrett
10-22-2017, 06:27 AM

Have you ever considered that some of your thoughts should be kept to yourself, if for no other reason than to not embarrass yourself?

NJChiefsFan
10-22-2017, 07:36 AM
LMAO

I blame this loss on Kelce. If he would’ve went forwards it would be 3rd and 1 instead of 3rd and 5

What is with the obsession to pin the blame on 1 player? Can we not recognize that plays throughout a game contribute to the outcome, not just the very last play.

Hammock Parties
10-22-2017, 10:48 AM
Taking him at face value, all he gives a shit about though is chuck it and fuck it.

You are saying this...in a season...in which Alex Smith is the most accurate and productive deep passer in football.

And the deep ball...is the reason this team is any good.

And the deep ball...is the reason we lost last week (thanks to Carr), and the reason they lost the week before (both lack of from Smith and the Steelers hitting one late).

And the deep ball...is the only reason anyone is saying Smith has a chance at keeping his job or winning the MVP.

Maybe you need to change your tune. Because the minute this team STOPS throwing the ball down the field with previously never-before-seen levels of success...is the minute they stop being a championship contender.

Baby Lee
10-22-2017, 11:11 AM
You are saying this...in a season...in which Alex Smith is the most accurate and productive deep passer in football.

And the deep ball...is the reason this team is any good.

And the deep ball...is the reason we lost last week (thanks to Carr), and the reason they lost the week before (both lack of from Smith and the Steelers hitting one late).

And the deep ball...is the only reason anyone is saying Smith has a chance at keeping his job or winning the MVP.

Maybe you need to change your tune. Because the minute this team STOPS throwing the ball down the field with previously never-before-seen levels of success...is the minute they stop being a championship contender.

First off, thanks for the affirmation of my assessment.
Second and more importantly, the only reason our prospects for contention would rest on Alex's deep ball is if the rest of the team continues to play like liquid ass.

But like I said, you don't give a shit about any of that.

Hammock Parties
10-22-2017, 11:25 AM
Second and more importantly, the only reason our prospects for contention would rest on Alex's deep ball is if the rest of the team continues to play like liquid ass.

Simply not true.

The rest of the team played well in wins over the Patriots, Redskins, Texans, Chargers and Eagles.

Alex has been hitting downfield passes all season and that is the main difference for this team. It was huge against NE, WAS, HOU and PHI, and the early deep TD against the Chargers was a big deal, too, given the rest of that game was nip and tuck.

And when he stopped doing it, we lost our first game.

Apparently you just can't admit that I was absolutely right about a downfield component being the missing element for this team.

Go back to not posting you fucking quitting, whiny-assed bitch.

stevieray
10-22-2017, 11:29 AM

Go back to not posting you ****ing quitting, whiny-assed bitch.

STFU Clay.

stevieray
10-22-2017, 11:30 AM
What is with the obsession to pin the blame on 1 player? Can we not recognize that plays throughout a game contribute to the outcome, not just the very last play.

of course every play matters.

Iconic
10-22-2017, 11:33 AM
We got 27 on Philly
23 on Washington

Philly ran predominantly man and Washington runs a cover 3.

Baby Lee
10-22-2017, 11:51 AM
Simply not true.

The rest of the team played well in wins over the Patriots, Redskins, Texans, Chargers and Eagles.

Alex has been hitting downfield passes all season and that is the main difference for this team. It was huge against NE, WAS, HOU and PHI, and the early deep TD against the Chargers was a big deal, too, given the rest of that game was nip and tuck.

And when he stopped doing it, we lost our first game.

Apparently you just can't admit that I was absolutely right about a downfield component being the missing element for this team.

Go back to not posting you fucking quitting, whiny-assed bitch.

Big difference between a component or element and the only thing you give a shit about.

Every opponent is unique and every game situation is unique, and it's more important to have an arsenal of offensive and defensive weapons, including playcalling and strategy, than to hit the snooze button until it's heave-ho.

Hammock Parties
10-22-2017, 12:11 PM
Big difference between a component or element and the only thing you give a shit about.

Every opponent is unique and every game situation is unique, and it's more important to have an arsenal of offensive and defensive weapons, including playcalling and strategy, than to hit the snooze button until it's heave-ho.

You're wrong.

Without the downfield element rearing it's beautiful head in this offense, this is a mediocre team at best.

Downfield Big Game Alex is our savior, as amusing and unexpected as it is. It's added something like 60 points to the offense, and without that output we easily drop games to Philly, Washington probably either the Houston or New England, since those games were heavily dependent on huge plays in the passing game.

Even pick just two of those games and it's a 3-4 team.

But it's not, because big plays win fucking football games. Which isn't rocket science, but you've spent four years defending the other (failed) approach, so you're dug in.

https://i.imgur.com/WtSjDVh.jpg

Best22
10-22-2017, 12:49 PM
Philly ran predominantly man and Washington runs a cover 3.

Teams won't significantly change their coverage just to defend one team in one game. If Philly tried to run Pittsburghs defense, they'd be out of practice and may be even worse than they were before vs KC. Teams can't afford to change that much. Practice and reps are important. You can't afford coverage breakdowns

Teams may use some principles (like hitting a TE, blitz packages, coverage looks, etc) that Pittsburgh used, but I don't see anybody copying that defense 100%. If they want to try, then I say bring it

ARROW2
10-22-2017, 01:28 PM
At the end of the day. The nfl doesn't want to promote 33 year old game managers. Get a fucking clue. Want proof? See end of pitt playoff game, end of oakland on thursday. We will keep getting fucked because we have a boring old game manager. Watson, goff, wentz, trubisky are doing just fine. 3 of them on lesser teams. The league can't wait to suck mahomes off. Anything short of a SB, fuck fat andy. He made the wrong choice. We got all those national games because we have a great team, not because they want to promote alex. Probably thought mahomes would be in there.

ARROW2
10-22-2017, 09:47 PM
At the end of the day. The nfl doesn't want to promote 33 year old game managers. Get a ****ing clue. Want proof? See end of pitt playoff game, end of oakland on thursday. We will keep getting ****ed because we have a boring old game manager. Watson, goff, wentz, trubisky are doing just fine. 3 of them on lesser teams. The league can't wait to suck mahomes off. Anything short of a SB, **** fat andy. He made the wrong choice. We got all those national games because we have a great team, not because they want to promote alex. Probably thought mahomes would be in there.

Crickets. Truth hurts.

penbrook
10-22-2017, 09:58 PM
And after week 7 Smith leads all QBs in passing yards. Tyreek Hill is #4 in rev yards and Hill is still #1 But Bell is only 30 Yards behind him

Hammock Parties
10-22-2017, 10:01 PM
And after week 7 Smith leads all QBs in passing yards.

https://i.giphy.com/media/3oz8xLd9DJq2l2VFtu/giphy.gif

Brady has 2,208 yards.

penbrook
10-22-2017, 10:03 PM
https://i.giphy.com/media/3oz8xLd9DJq2l2VFtu/giphy.gif

You retarded? Brady has 20 less passing yards than Smith does and Palmer has 1 less than Smith

Hammock Parties
10-22-2017, 10:06 PM
You retarded? Brady has 20 less passing yards than Smith does and Palmer has 1 less than Smith

Brady has 2,208 yards.

The page hasn't been updated.

GloryDayz
10-22-2017, 10:11 PM

Fisher is the guy who drains his ass after a gay gangbang.

penbrook
10-22-2017, 10:22 PM
Fisher is the guy who drains his ass after a gay gangbang.

He’s also the second most sacked QB

thegame214
10-22-2017, 10:24 PM
He’s also the second most sacked QB

Didn't realize fisher played QB

temper11
10-23-2017, 12:59 AM

:clap:

temper11
10-23-2017, 01:15 AM

Kaepernick.... ROFL.

temper11
10-23-2017, 01:46 AM

This sack is on him.

Both takles lose leverage under 3 seconds. Sack is on them.

temper11
10-23-2017, 02:02 AM
Surprised i don't see anyone talking about Hill running out of bounds and doubling the amount of time the raiders would have to go the length of the field. As it is... they needed 3 extra plays with no time on the clock to get the win. Chiefs were f'd the moment that happened.

penbrook
10-23-2017, 02:16 AM
Surprised i don't see anyone talking about Hill running out of bounds and doubling the amount of time the raiders would have to go the length of the field. As it is... they needed 3 extra plays with no time on the clock to get the win. Chiefs were f'd the moment that happened.

Because it’s easy to blame Smitty for everything. People wanted a change at qb and we finally drafted a franchise qb in 30 plus years but who knew that same
Year we would have a qb who is the league MVP through almost half the season. People expected Smith to struggle this year however that’s not the case. Hill on the other hand is honestly in my opinion our best player. He can do it all. Run, catch, return kicks. And he does all of them well. No one wants to blame Hill because he’s not playing at a MVP level however Smith is. People expect a MVP candidate to do everything perfect. First off Smith leads the NFL this year in come from behind wins. That’s called clutch and putting the team on his back. However not even Rodgers or Brady will win every single game when it counts. It’s impossible to succeed 100% of the time.