PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Andy please don't be a Dick

ChiefsFanatic
10-20-2017, 01:31 PM
I have never been a fan of Sutton's defense, and I have taken some harsh criticism for it. I do not like his style or philosophy. I personally don't think Dorsey did a very good job of acquiring talent to match what Sutton wants to do on defense.

I hope that Andy Reid will not make the same mistake that Dick Vermeil made, which is sticking with a poor defensive coordinator in the name of loyalty instead thinking about what is best for the team.

I do not want the PM2 era to start with Sutton as the DC.

Andy Reid, don't be a Dick.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Hammock Parties
10-20-2017, 01:38 PM
lemme tell ya 'bout my beeeeeest friend

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/emfS047cZJI/hqdefault.jpg

Best22
10-20-2017, 01:38 PM
After the Texans game, I thought I e'd have to settle for an average defense. With this offense, that would be Superbowl worthy

Now I just don't know

Kiimo
10-20-2017, 01:42 PM
Remember Peters screaming at Sutton?

He may be right.

MahiMike
10-20-2017, 03:08 PM
Definitely looking like the vermeil years.

ModSocks
10-20-2017, 03:11 PM
Definitely looking like the vermeil years.

Looking nothing like the Vermeil years. Nothing even remotely close.

The Franchise
10-20-2017, 03:20 PM

He may be right.

I literally just said that in another thread.

Sutton has been rushing three. That gets two of your passrushers double teamed EVERY FUCKING TIME. No stunts. No twists. Fucking nothing but just run straight into blockers and do nothing.

ModSocks
10-20-2017, 03:24 PM

Sutton has been rushing three. That gets two of your passrushers double teamed EVERY ****ING TIME. No stunts. No twists. ****ing nothing but just run straight into blockers and do nothing.

Yup. I don't know wtf Sutton is doing, but he needs to get his shit together. This new cutesy rush 3 bullshit that he thinks is working needs to diaf.

He's a fucking moron for running it in the first place. It's NEVER worked.

I remember arguing about this shit in week 1 and 2.

Guys here calling it "bend but don't break".

Fuck that. It was clear as day that the Chiefs were having success when they brought pressure earlier this season. They were getting carved the fuck with a 3 man rush. It's beyond stupid.

The DB's are getting beat regardless. Rush the fucking passer.

beach tribe
10-20-2017, 03:43 PM
Yup. I don't know wtf Sutton is doing, but he needs to get his shit together. This new cutesy rush 3 bullshit that he thinks is working needs to diaf.

He's a ****ing moron for running it in the first place. It's NEVER worked.

**** that. It was clear as day that the Chiefs were having success when they brought pressure earlier this season. They were getting carved the **** with a 3 man rush. It's beyond stupid.

The DB's are getting beat regardless. Rush the ****ing passer.

Yup.

The strategy has failed.
The DBs are losing anyway.

Time to adjust... heavily.

ModSocks
10-20-2017, 03:45 PM
Yup.

The strategy has failed.

Remember when people were saying, "Oh Justin Houston is coming alive in the 4th qtr", earlier this season?

No. It's that Sutton was actually sending pressure at the end of those games and Houston was getting home.

It was never because Houston was a "4th qtr player".

Last night's game was heavily on Sutton. IDK WTF he's thinking.

Hammock Parties
10-20-2017, 03:48 PM
Yup.

The strategy has failed.

The 11-man drop...

cooper barrett
10-20-2017, 04:08 PM
Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. KC Chiefs defensive strategy.

carcosa
10-20-2017, 04:19 PM

He may be right.

yes

JakeF
10-20-2017, 04:28 PM
Andy Reid is not a guy who fires people. We can only hope Sutton gets offered another job somewhere. College HC?

JakeF
10-20-2017, 04:38 PM
Yup.

The strategy has failed.

Move Houston to RDE/OLB so he can rush the passer every down and his lack of speed isn't such an issue.Dee Ford back to LOLB where he actually was decent and has more speed to turn and run in coverage. Eligwe starts getting playing time immediately and if he shows promise then he plays full time. Our linebackers suck and are a major weakness.

Start moving your CBs around to fit the best matchup, they need any edge they can get. There has to be a better option than Gaines on a practice squad somewhere. Cut his ass.

Shift schemes, you can't play the same thing on every down. Blitz, don't blitz, overloaded line ... we have to show different looks and force offenses to adapt.

Offseason, we need major changes. Has anyone seen any group on Defense perform particularly good? Change entire Defensive staff?

We should have hired Wade Phillips.

carcosa
10-20-2017, 05:11 PM
I just got the pun

cooper barrett
10-20-2017, 05:28 PM
I just got the pun

What pun?

carcosa
10-20-2017, 05:29 PM
What pun?

Don't be a Dick (Vermeil)

FloridaMan88
10-20-2017, 05:53 PM
Ask Eagles fans about Andy Reid's blind loyalty to epic fail DC Juan Castillo.

Coochie liquor
10-20-2017, 06:09 PM

This. Sutton isn't going anywhere.... unfortunately.

MMXcalibur
10-20-2017, 06:16 PM
The secondary will look better if you can pressure the QB. (Yes, even Philip Gaines!!) This bullshit 3-man rush is painfully stupid. How many times have the Chiefs blitzed in the past two games? You could probably count it on one hand.

ARROW2
10-20-2017, 06:20 PM
The offense scored how many points in the 4th qtr last night? Gotta have a killer instinct.

Hoopsdoc
10-20-2017, 06:39 PM
ANDY don't be a DICK

What you did there, I see it. :)

RealSNR
10-20-2017, 07:09 PM
Sutton is 66.

Wouldn't be unreasonable for him to retire....

stevieray
10-20-2017, 07:11 PM
No fire.

NONE.

Chiefshrink
10-20-2017, 07:13 PM
Looking nothing like the Vermeil years. Nothing even remotely close.

Totally Agree !!!:clap:

At least we had an offensive line that could "smash mouth" any defensive line including the Ravens Ray Lewis years into oblivion whether they stacked the box or not and kept the pocket clean 90% of the time for TG.

ping2000
10-20-2017, 07:17 PM
Peyton could use a roommate in the retirement home. C'mon Sutton!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171021/54ff4935997d34ec2e83e6e07c974226.jpg

Chiefshrink
10-20-2017, 07:30 PM

Sutton has been rushing three. That gets two of your passrushers double teamed EVERY ****ING TIME. No stunts. No twists. ****ing nothing but just run straight into blockers and do nothing.

He's a ****ing moron for running it in the first place. It's NEVER worked.

**** that. It was clear as day that the Chiefs were having success when they brought pressure earlier this season. They were getting carved the **** with a 3 man rush. It's beyond stupid.

The DB's are getting beat regardless. Rush the ****ing passer.

I agree with both of you and hate this defensive approach as much as you do, but I really believe that indirectly Sutton is letting us know we are very short on talent when it comes to all of our positions(DBs,LBs and DL) and he is doing his best with what we got attempting to make as many chicken sandwiches as he can out of chicken****.

I have never been comfortable with our 2ndary even with Barry playing. Peters beginning to be exposed as his play deteriorates. No upcoming LBs remotely come close to DJ's play as he only gets older. CJ is the only really bright spot along the DL and he is easy to combat if he is only the real threat getting doubled especially when only choosing to rush 3 along the line, Ford JAG who does not flash enough.

Cat is out the bag now i.e. to our defense as well as our offense. We are not a physical team nor do we have enough talent to run more schemes is why Sutton does the 3 man rush thing at all costs. Play the pass with more guys dropping back because we do not have a talented pass rush outside of Houston and he can't do it all either and it shows.

loochy
10-20-2017, 09:05 PM
Cat is out the bag now i.e. to our defense as well as our offense.

Right. It doesn't work at all.

So do something else.

kccrow
10-21-2017, 03:43 AM
I fully support the shit-canning of Sutton and would love to see a switch to a 4-3 with an aggressive DC.

Black Bob
10-21-2017, 06:52 AM
Sutton is fine imo. If you pay attention, the game plan changes week to week. That said, I did not care for the one against Oakland.

loochy
10-21-2017, 06:59 AM
"this thread title does not amuse me."

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Andy+Dick+Relativity+Media+Movie+43+Los+Angeles+yeoz1T6L5Sql.jpg

BigRedChief
10-21-2017, 08:40 AM
I fully support the shit-canning of Sutton and would love to see a switch to a 4-3 with an aggressive DC.We just dont have the LB's to play 3-4.

Reerun_KC
10-21-2017, 09:24 AM

That’s different now. Andy is the chiefs HC and once he put on chiefs red those issues don’t matter.

Andy will fix and correct the glaring issues. He said so.

carcosa
10-21-2017, 12:41 PM
ANDY don't be a DICK

What you did there, I see it. :)

thank you

KChiefs1
10-21-2017, 04:31 PM

He may be right.

It would have been accepted if he did it Thursday night.