PDA

View Full Version : Football Offensive false starts??

carcosa
10-23-2017, 09:27 PM
Folks, is it just me, or does it seem like offensive tackles are getting away with false starts pretty regularly this season? I've noticed several apparent false start penalties go uncalled in tonight's game, and in several other games as well. Is it some sort of unspoken quarterback-protection measure or are refs just fucking up? Or am I seeing things!?

Thank you.

Chiefshrink
10-23-2017, 10:46 PM
Unspoken. I have seen the same.:hmmm:

carcosa
10-23-2017, 10:55 PM
Unspoken. I have seen the same.:hmmm:

Thabks. Seems like a thing, right?

Chiefshrink
10-23-2017, 11:11 PM
Thabks. Seems like a thing, right?

MLB umpires allowed the same kind of thing for years "turning the double play" not actually enforcing the rule that either the 2nd baseman or SS didn't have to actually touch the bag while executing the play to avoid injury. I think this actually changed back to touching the bag a few years ago.

But in the same sense refs allow for just a little head start so as to protect the QB giving these tackles a good chance to protect their QB.

Why Not?
10-23-2017, 11:19 PM
MLB umpires allowed the same kind of thing for years "turning the double play" not actually enforcing the rule that either the 2nd baseman or SS didn't have to actually touch the bag while executing the play to avoid injury. I think this actually changed back to touching the bag a few years ago.

But in the same sense refs allow for just a little head start so as to protect the QB giving these tackles a good chance to protect their QB.

Yet, Eric Fisher still gets whipped

Chiefshrink
10-23-2017, 11:43 PM
Yet, Eric Fisher still gets whipped

I know !!:shrug: Like I've said in other posts we are just not that talented in the trenches.:rolleyes:

RobBlake
10-23-2017, 11:56 PM
Chiefs are one of the top penalized teams if I recall