PDA

View Full Version : Football Garoppolo traded to 49ers

DaKCMan AP
10-30-2017, 06:21 PM
For 2nd round pick.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Major QB shakeup: 49ers trading 2018 2nd-round draft pick to New England for Patriots’ QB Jimmy Garoppolo, sources tell ESPN.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/925154828577378304?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 31, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hammock Parties
10-30-2017, 06:21 PM
John Lynch is stupid. LMAO

siberian khatru
10-30-2017, 06:22 PM
Trades galore! NFL has become MLB

DaFace
I really wish teams would stop giving the Patriots good value in trades.

siberian khatru

CTE from all those cheap shots

The Franchise
10-30-2017, 06:25 PM

This. Fucking stupid.

O.city
10-30-2017, 06:25 PM
But..., what?

Best22
10-30-2017, 06:26 PM

I'm not sure how good that value is. I guess Garolopololo is not the QBOtF

Pasta Little Brioni
10-30-2017, 06:26 PM
Lulz

Deberg_1990
10-30-2017, 06:27 PM
But..., what?

Brady told Bellichek he would love play for another 3 years??

DaFace
10-30-2017, 06:28 PM
I'm not sure how good that value is. I guess Garolopololo is not the QBOtF

Until proven otherwise, my assumption is that Garrapolo = Cassel.

Coach
Wait... what?

Hog's Gone Fishin

I NEVER liked the MF. I hop he fails more miserably than he already is! He's a former fucking shitbag cheatin Donkey. Fuck him.

Eleazar
10-30-2017, 06:29 PM
lol @ 2nd round pick

-King-
10-30-2017, 06:34 PM
That's pretty cheap honestly. Did the Patriots not like him? Who's going to replace Brady when he's done?
Posted via Mobile Device

RobBlake
10-30-2017, 06:41 PM
That's pretty cheap honestly. Did the Patriots not like him? Who's going to replace Brady when he's done?
Posted via Mobile Device

Brady has two years left imo. They must like a rookie qb?

Hamwallet
Posted via Mobile Device

This. I thought it was a first last spring before the draft....

notorious
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah, the Pats wouldn't have let him go if they thought he was going to be good.

BossChief
10-30-2017, 06:46 PM
That’s basically a first.

MMXcalibur
10-30-2017, 06:58 PM
Fuck you, Denver.

EDIT: Thought I was in the gameday chat. Oh well, can never have enough "fuck you, Denver"'s

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
10-30-2017, 07:01 PM
Worth a shot, IMO

WhiteWhale
10-30-2017, 07:16 PM

ROFL

-King-
10-30-2017, 07:33 PM
The Patriots literally have no backup quarterback. Something must have happened. You don't trade your only backup QB midseason just like that.
Posted via Mobile Device

PutQuinnIn
10-30-2017, 07:39 PM
It's happening

notorious
10-30-2017, 07:39 PM
The Patriots literally have no backup quarterback. Something must have happened. You don't trade your only backup QB midseason just like that.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bringing in Luck?

CrazyPhuD
10-30-2017, 07:44 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

At this rate Tom Brady's son.....

MahiMike
10-30-2017, 07:57 PM
So, guess this means Kirk Cousins is staying in DC?

The Franchise
10-30-2017, 07:58 PM
49ers acquired QB Jimmy Garoppolo from the Patriots in exchange for a 2018 second-round pick.
Coach Kyle Shanahan gets his quarterback, and the Patriots get something for Garoppolo in the final year of his contract. Tom Brady has shown no signs of slowing down and wants to keep playing for multiple years, making it pretty much impossible to keep Garoppolo in New England at a much higher salary only for him to continue to hold the clipboard as the No. 2. The Patriots have traded both backup quarterbacks in the past two months, first sending Jacoby Brissett to Indy. In San Francisco, Garoppolo may need some time to pick up the offense, but he'll start as soon as he's ready. Rookie C.J. Beathard has been a complete disaster in two starts after replacing a benched Brian Hoyer. This very likely puts the Niners out of the Kirk Cousins sweepstakes this offseason.

displacedinMN
10-30-2017, 07:58 PM
surprised. Thought Beathard was doing OK.

Garapolo won't make that team better

JakeF
10-30-2017, 07:59 PM
almost a 1st

10-30-2017, 07:59 PM
surprised. Thought Beathard was doing OK.

Garapolo won't make that team better

Iowa fan?

JohnnyV13
10-30-2017, 08:01 PM
If Garoppolo is worth a high 2nd, what is Alex Smith worth playing like this?

KC_Lee
10-30-2017, 08:05 PM
So, guess this means Kirk Cousins is staying in DC?

That was my first thought too. Maybe Jacksonville if things in DC melt down again.

Sassy Squatch
10-30-2017, 08:07 PM
Yep.

DaneMcCloud
10-30-2017, 08:08 PM
The 2018 QB class looks like dogshit, despite the raves it received this off season.

Darnold has regressed, Rosen is inconsistent, Allen’s accuracy is shit, Jackson doesn’t fit Shanahan’s offense and Mayfield is short.

I think this was a good gamble and doesn’t preclude the 49ers from trading down and picking up multiple picks in 2018.

GloucesterChief
10-30-2017, 08:17 PM
That was my first thought too. Maybe Jacksonville if things in DC melt down again.

Cousins to Jax. Smith to DC?

Hoover
10-30-2017, 08:23 PM
Patriots get a high 2nd rounder for an untested QB that has two starts under his belt and is going to demand a large contract.

I'm laughing at you guys who don't think Alex will command the same or more. Yeah he's older, but he has a year left on his contract and is a winning QB in this league. Jacksonville and Cleveland would be fools not to make a move for him.

BryanBusby
10-30-2017, 08:30 PM
The 2018 QB class looks like dogshit, despite the raves it received this off season.

Darnold has regressed, Rosen is inconsistent, Allen’s accuracy is shit, Jackson doesn’t fit Shanahan’s offense and Mayfield is short.

I think this was a good gamble and doesn’t preclude the 49ers from trading down and picking up multiple picks in 2018.
All of this is correct. Darnold is going back to USC and Josh Allen is Logan Thomas 2.0.

The Patriots could of fetched more for Jimmy and they are quite fucked if Brady goes down (taking back Hoyer will not win them a game), but I guess Belichick didn't want to fuck with tag+trade and hey whatever.

Will be interesting to see what happens with Kirk Cousins now.

displacedinMN
10-30-2017, 09:11 PM
PATRIOT POISON EVERYWHERE BUT NE

DaneMcCloud
10-30-2017, 09:50 PM
PATRIOT POISON EVERYWHERE BUT NE

Jacoby Brissett is playing his ass off in Indy.

He’d be a winning QB on a better team.

Chandler Jones, too. 8 sacks.

BlackOp
10-30-2017, 09:54 PM
How is this NOT good news? If Brady gets hurt...and he is 40...they have nothing.

All those year learning from Brady...and that is the return?

Maybe the return for the rigged SB last year...Tom goes down at some point this season. *shines tinfoil hat* Shanahan did them a solid last year...

BryanBusby
10-30-2017, 09:57 PM
Looking over things, I see why Belichick pulled the trigger now.

Tag and trade isn't really logical with just 25m in space, including carryover, and their starting LT due to be a FA.

GloucesterChief
10-30-2017, 10:01 PM
I guess Belichick thinks that Brady has another year at least in him. That 2nd is really going to be a late first and maybe he thinks he can find a QB in the 2nd or below to take over for Brady in a year or two. That or amass talent to help a rook QB in two years.

BryanBusby
10-30-2017, 10:10 PM
Partly yeah, but mostly they couldn't get Jimmy G locked in a deal that worked for them and spending 40'ish million on one position isn't how you win championships.

They will draft a QB early. Maybe in the 1st.

DaneMcCloud
10-30-2017, 10:10 PM
The 49ers still have a 2nd round pick and four in 3 rounds.

No brainer for the 49ers, especially with $100 million in cap space.

Amnorix
10-30-2017, 10:12 PM
Seems a bit crazy to me. Pats depth chart at QB last year was Brady, Garroppolo, Brissett, with Edelman as the emergency QB. The depth chart as of now is Brady. Period. The end. WTF?

That said, a couple things I've heard (FWIW):

1. Pats rumored to have made Garroppollo starter money to stay with the team, but he actually wanted to START. Can't blame him. On that theory, and not wanting to franchise him, it was trade him now or lose him this offseason (with possibility of tag/trade).

2. Pats may want to keep Malcolm Butler, and may need to save the franchise tag for him.

3. Rumors of a second trade coming, with either a pick or Butler plus a pick. Nothing solid on who they are getting, so seems like garbage to me, but hey, BB, so who knows.

4. Hoyer released by SF, so likely Pats take him back as an interim backup.

5. Possible Kraft involvement here. He may have laid down the law on Brady finishing his career with the Pats. Who knows.

:shrug:

BryanBusby
10-30-2017, 10:14 PM
Do they plan on keeping Solder? That's who I would expect them to save the tag for.

Rasputin
10-30-2017, 10:15 PM

We got fucked on the Matt Cassell trade I knew something was up with that.

Fucking Pioli was sent by BB

We got fucked.

Buehler445
10-30-2017, 10:16 PM
Posted via Mobile Device
Pure speculation but...

Belicheat will probably be done when Brady’s done. Doesn’t give a fuck.

scho63
10-30-2017, 11:16 PM
Patriots and 49'ers racist because they wont hire Kapercrap!

Willie Lanier
10-30-2017, 11:31 PM
The 49ers still have a 2nd round pick and four in 3 rounds.

No brainer for the 49ers, especially with $100 million in cap space.

I am in complete agreement, this trade makes all kinds of sense for the 49ers, and zero sense for the patriots...

The niners get a "groomed" prospect, who probably was commanding more in trade value in the previous offseason, and the pats get...

A second round pick???

For a guy they initially invested a second round pick for, that has been seasoning behind one of the greats???

lcarus
10-30-2017, 11:33 PM
A 2nd round pick is jack shit if the guy turns out to be a good QB. Who knows if he will. I certainly get a Matt Cassel vibe too but he can't be much worse than what they have.

OldSchool
10-30-2017, 11:37 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

They couldn't get him to sign an extension and think that Brady can play a few more years at least.

Just Passin' By
10-30-2017, 11:38 PM
Do they plan on keeping Solder? That's who I would expect them to save the tag for.

It's not even a certainty that Solder will be back in the NFL next year. His son's cancer has returned, forcing him back into chemo.

https://nesn.com/2017/10/nate-solders-son-undergoes-chemotherapy-after-pediatric-cancer-returns/

BryanBusby
10-30-2017, 11:40 PM
It's not even a certainty that Solder will be back in the NFL next year. His son's cancer has returned, forcing him back into chemo.

https://nesn.com/2017/10/nate-solders-son-undergoes-chemotherapy-after-pediatric-cancer-returns/
Oh hell, had no idea. Yeah that makes sense.

Childhood cancer is a real bitch.

tk13
10-30-2017, 11:43 PM
It is a 2nd round pick, but the way it looks now it'll be in the very top of the round. Hard to believe New England spent all that time grooming the guy just to trade him away though.

OldSchool
10-30-2017, 11:47 PM
It is a 2nd round pick, but the way it looks now it'll be in the very top of the round. Hard to believe New England spent all that time grooming the guy just to trade him away though.

They couldn't get him to sign an extension and Brady is going to keep playing for a few more years at least. Jimmy didn't want to stick around and be the waterboy anymore.

It's a good move for him if he pans out as a starting QB in this league.

Now he gets a chance to start somewhere and increase his value as a potential starting QB and face of a franchise. He's 25 so he needs a chance to show that he has that ability in him. There was no way that was going to happen with Brady still in charge.

tk13
10-30-2017, 11:50 PM
They couldn't get him to sign an extension and Brady is going to keep playing for a few more years at least. Jimmy didn't want to stick around and be the waterboy anymore.

It's a good move for him if he pans out as a starting QB in this league.

Now he gets a chance to start somewhere and increase his value as a potential starting QB and face of a franchise. He's 25 so he needs a chance to show that he has that ability in him. There was no way that was going to happen with Brady still in charge.

I would never count out Brady, but there's not really a comparison for what he's doing right now. Often times when older QBs hit the cliff, they fall right off. Maybe Brady won't do that.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-30-2017, 11:50 PM
I can see this trade being a lose-lose, given all the time NE looked like it put into developing Garoppolo, and given how absolutely awful the 49ers are.

Starting him in the next month will be stupid. Both tackles are hurt, he doesn't know the offense at all, and his skill position players are among the worst in the NFL.

Hammock Parties
10-30-2017, 11:52 PM
At least now we get to watch a Tom Brady snuff film instead of him scowling on the bench while Jimmy G takes the reigns.

I'm going to guess the cracks start to widen about Week 10 next season.

OldSchool
10-30-2017, 11:55 PM
I can see this trade being a lose-lose, given all the time NE looked like it put into developing Garoppolo, and given how absolutely awful the 49ers are.

Starting him in the next month will be stupid. Both tackles are hurt, he doesn't know the offense at all, and his skill position players are among the worst in the NFL.

The dude is on the last year of his rookie contract. Unless they're complete idiots like the Texans were, there is no way that the niners just ink him without seeing what he has on the field for the rest of the season.

BryanBusby
10-31-2017, 12:09 AM
The 49ers will extend him and structure it so they can bail out early if he sucks. They will never use up 100 million in cap space otherwise.

It's really low risk for the 49ers here, and he has a better pedigree than Afcasselstan.

OldSchool
10-31-2017, 12:12 AM
The 49ers will extend him and structure it so they can bail out early if he sucks. They will never use up 100 million in cap space otherwise.

It's really low risk for the 49ers here, and he has a better pedigree than Afcasselstan.

That's true. Forgot about the structures of the Kaepernick/Osweiler deals.

Rausch
10-31-2017, 12:47 AM
I'd immediately take the 49'ers rookie QB over Bray...

Rausch
10-31-2017, 12:49 AM

It will be.

I have a feeling his value is inflated and the Pats will just reach with the draft pick like they have for years now...

19now11
10-31-2017, 02:07 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

as11

Buehler445
10-31-2017, 07:17 AM
I am in complete agreement, this trade makes all kinds of sense for the 49ers, and zero sense for the patriots...

The niners get a "groomed" prospect, who probably was commanding more in trade value in the previous offseason, and the pats get...

A second round pick???

For a guy they initially invested a second round pick for, that has been seasoning behind one of the greats???

Obviously he isn’t worth keeping. Everyone Belicheat dumps is shit. There is almost 2 decades worth of evidence. Some guys that did not get re-signed are OK but if Belicheat dumps you, you are trash.

I think the plan was to hang onto him and pull a Kong’s ransom after injuries (see: Bradford, Sam) but I think people are learning. Plus there are some good young QBs in the league.

Suck it Cheatriot.

This is almost certainly a lose-lose unless Lynch/Shanarat Jr are magicians. Brady is the only QB on the roster unless they’ve made a move. What the fuck are they doing. If they were planning on trading him (raping some team) why the hell do they not have a backup on the roster?

I have no doubt in my mind that Jimmy is shit. Again, almost 20 years of evidence.

SupDock
10-31-2017, 07:26 AM
Jay Ajayi traded to the Eagles for a 4th rounder. I can't start threads so I am putting it in this other trade thread

BryanBusby
10-31-2017, 07:26 AM
Jimmy is the QB they wanted to keep, but it wasn't realistic.

He wanted big money and the starting job. He won't make more than Brady (14m in 18) to ride the bench and the job belongs to Brady until the wheels fall off.

Belichick made a critical error by assuming they could extend Jimmy and got it wrong.

Buehler445
10-31-2017, 07:30 AM
Jay Ajayi traded to the Eagles for a 4th rounder. I can't start threads so I am putting it in this other trade thread

Captain 1 good year? Weird.

SupDock
10-31-2017, 07:30 AM
Captain 1 good year? Weird.

Odd trade, seems like good value for the Eagles

BryanBusby
10-31-2017, 07:32 AM
I don't really get that trade on either side.

Jay wasn't the issue on that Offense (bad line play, invisible passing game) and a 4th round pick isn't the best compensation.

The Eagles had more pressing needs to fill.

Rasputin
10-31-2017, 07:55 AM
U don't blame Jimmy G not wanting sign long term for the Pats. He has no idea when Perfect Tom will hang it up but really who would want to follow his act?

No Quarterback it going be good enough for the spoiled fans of the Patriots.

Danguardace
10-31-2017, 09:44 AM
If I were Garoppolo I would hold out on the 49ers refuse to play for them, then hit the open market knowing I could join Giants/Jags/Broncos someone like that

Ragged Robin
10-31-2017, 10:09 AM
a second rounder for a backup qb who hasn't started more than 2 games in a season?? Wow. At least Cassel put up some numbers and Mallet only cost a sixth rounder

staylor26
10-31-2017, 10:28 AM
I think this trade is pretty simple

Hoody would rather draft a QB to replace Brady than pay Garoppolo starter money (possibly to sit the bench for another year or two)

The Franchise
10-31-2017, 10:29 AM
Brady is going to drag that team down because he doesn't know when the fuck to retire.

Sassy Squatch
10-31-2017, 10:32 AM
LMAO Hue Jackson and the Browns coaching staff is apparently livid at their own front office about not getting him.

BWillie
10-31-2017, 11:06 AM
For 2nd round pick.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Major QB shakeup: 49ers trading 2018 2nd-round draft pick to New England for Patriots’ QB Jimmy Garoppolo, sources tell ESPN.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/925154828577378304?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 31, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Suckers! Remember when we thought Matt Cassel was good?

ChiefsCountry
10-31-2017, 11:10 AM
Not a fan but I would assume the 49ers did this to trade down from their pick looking to get a haul like the Titans did.

DaneMcCloud
10-31-2017, 11:11 AM
Suckers! Remember when we thought Matt Cassel was good?

Jimmy G threw for 13,000+ yards, 118 TD's and 51 INT's in 4 years of college. Shanahan urged the Browns to draft him in 2015 but the Browns did the Browns thing.

Matt Cassel threw for 192 yards in 33 attempts while at USC for 4 years.

Yeah, totally the same guy.

:rolleyes:

DaneMcCloud
10-31-2017, 11:13 AM
Not a fan but I would assume the 49ers did this to trade down from their pick looking to get a haul like the Titans did.

The 49ers have their own 1st round pick, the Saints 2nd, their own 3rd and the Bears 3rd.

So at this point, even before trading their 1st rounder for more picks, they have 4 selections in the first 3 rounds and the Bears 3rd rounder should be pretty high.

O.city
10-31-2017, 11:17 AM
I think Belicheck will ride off into the sunset with Brady

Buehler445
10-31-2017, 11:32 AM
Brady is going to drag that team down because he doesn't know when the fuck to retire.

I hope it’s forever.

I think Belicheck will ride off into the sunset with Brady

No reason not to.

Kiimo
10-31-2017, 11:33 AM
Jimmy G will own the city of San Francisco if he's good. If he's above average. If I was him I'd be ecstatic about the city if not the team. Being the QB of the 49ers is a sweet gig if you can get it. I bet he's driving across country and throwing his ice scraper out the window right now.

Ragged Robin
10-31-2017, 11:36 AM
Being the QB of the 49ers is a sweet gig if you can get it.

because it means he might eventually be banished to Missouri?

Kiimo
10-31-2017, 11:37 AM
Those days are over. QBOTF is here and I don't have to worry about that anymore.

Reerun_KC
10-31-2017, 11:39 AM
Those days are over. QBOTF is here and I don't have to worry about that anymore.

This! I am so fucking stoked to fleece some team this offseason for MVP. Its about time we do the fucking instead of being fucked on QB moves for the past several decades...

Amnorix
10-31-2017, 11:58 AM

After five SBs, he can kinda suck for like two full years before I'll complain much.

FIVE fucking SBs. I mean, Jesus. I never expected the Pats to win half that many in my life. We were the Patsies, the joke of the NFL for so long...

Amnorix
10-31-2017, 11:58 AM
U don't blame Jimmy G not wanting sign long term for the Pats. He has no idea when Perfect Tom will hang it up but really who would want to follow his act?

No Quarterback it going be good enough for the spoiled fans of the Patriots.

:LOL: Like any other fanbase would be more forgiving. But you're pretty much right, the next QB and next coach of the Pats is SCREWED unless he's awesome too, which is unlikely.

DJ's left nut
10-31-2017, 12:18 PM
#49ersshit

Seriously - they just gave up a top 35 pick so they can take Garappolo for a test drive. And if he plays well, they're going to have to pay through the nose to extend him.

Meanwhile, if they liked what they saw on film that much, they could've left him on BB's bench, hoped it suppressed his value and pursued him on the open market in the off-season.

I'd have pulled the trigger on this if it came with a negotiating window to put together a 3-year deal, but giving up that kind of draft capital without a net...well that's why the 49ers suck right now, IMO.

Someday I'll figure out why teams keep trading for these Patriot backups as though they're anything more than clipboard carriers for the greatest HC/QB duo in NFL history. Jimmy G isn't a big guy and he has a history of dings/scratches, which bodes ill for a guy that's never been a starter - why do they think he can handle the added workload? And he's been a big time dink/dunker in his limted run in NE to boot.

He doesn't have tools that jump off the page by any means. His arm talent is fine; 2nd, maybe 3rd round pick caliber. His athleticism is also just fine; nothing exceptional but it doesn't hold him back. He's a big ball of 'meh' with a ceiling as a fringe top 10 passer at best, IMO. And the 49ers will get to pay him FA starting quarterback money to make that happen for them.

I don't get this trade at all.

12-24-2017, 06:32 PM
Good trade

RobBlake
12-24-2017, 07:04 PM
#49ersshit

Seriously - they just gave up a top 35 pick so they can take Garappolo for a test drive. And if he plays well, they're going to have to pay through the nose to extend him.

Meanwhile, if they liked what they saw on film that much, they could've left him on BB's bench, hoped it suppressed his value and pursued him on the open market in the off-season.

I'd have pulled the trigger on this if it came with a negotiating window to put together a 3-year deal, but giving up that kind of draft capital without a net...well that's why the 49ers suck right now, IMO.

Someday I'll figure out why teams keep trading for these Patriot backups as though they're anything more than clipboard carriers for the greatest HC/QB duo in NFL history. Jimmy G isn't a big guy and he has a history of dings/scratches, which bodes ill for a guy that's never been a starter - why do they think he can handle the added workload? And he's been a big time dink/dunker in his limted run in NE to boot.

He doesn't have tools that jump off the page by any means. His arm talent is fine; 2nd, maybe 3rd round pick caliber. His athleticism is also just fine; nothing exceptional but it doesn't hold him back. He's a big ball of 'meh' with a ceiling as a fringe top 10 passer at best, IMO. And the 49ers will get to pay him FA starting quarterback money to make that happen for them.

This entire post is wrong.

BryanBusby
12-24-2017, 07:40 PM
Yeah I don't agree with it either. BB fucked up by fire sale'ing Jimmy.

That 2nd rounder isn't as sexy as it once was.

RobBlake
12-24-2017, 07:45 PM
Yeah I don't agree with it either. BB ****ed up by fire sale'ing Jimmy.

That 2nd rounder isn't as sexy as it once was.

UM happy how it turned out but they should’ve o fre super bowl or bust and then release/trade Brady and then let jimmy go to work

BryanBusby
12-24-2017, 07:47 PM
UM happy how it turned out but they should’ve o fre super bowl or bust and then release/trade Brady and then let jimmy go to work
I'm fine with them letting Tom go until it's over, but they should have dumped Jimmy back in the spring when the trade value was a lot higher.

A bad BB decision.

staylor26
12-24-2017, 07:47 PM

LMAO

Chief Pagan
12-25-2017, 04:39 PM

So is he under contract after this year? Are the 49ers going to have to pay through the nose to extend him before they know whether he is a brief flash before defenses figure him out?

DaneMcCloud
12-25-2017, 04:42 PM

So is he under contract after this year? Are the 49ers going to have to pay through the nose to extend him before they know whether he is a brief flash before defenses figure him out?

The 49ers can tag him if they can’t work out a long term deal.

Also, “defenses” aren’t going to “figure him out”.

He’s a Pro-Style pocket passer with a little mobility.

He’s not a phony Spread-Option guy.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-25-2017, 04:43 PM
#49ersshit

Finally a take as wrong as the Pham ones

Deberg_1990
12-25-2017, 04:47 PM
I like what I’ve seen of him so far. He’s got a nice quick release and is accurate. Definitely has potential.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-25-2017, 07:38 PM
Jimmy G benefitted heavily from sitting behind Brady and so far he looks legit despite having below average weapons

bowener
12-26-2017, 08:50 AM
Jimmy G benefitted heavily from sitting behind Brady and so far he looks legit despite having below average weapons

49ers cap situation is quite insane sitting somewhere just over $117 million for next season. Browns are nearly tied with that. Jimmy is going to get some weapons next season for sure.

Jimmy Graham is a UFA and would be an incredible signing to steal from a divisional foe.

Carlos Hyde is a UFA so SF could be looking for a RB. I would love to see the Browns or 49ers throw money at LeVeon and steal him from Pittsburg. It be great to see Pitt lose Big Ben to retirement and Bell to free agency in the same offseason. Fuckers.

Devante Adams, Marqise Lee, Paul Richardson, Danny Amendola, Sammy Watkins, Jarvis Landry, Terrell Prior, Mike Wallace, Eric Decker are all UFA.

Tyler Eifert is also UFA.

Jerick McKinnon or Rex Burkhead would be good grabs as a receiving threat out of the backfield.

Skyy God
12-26-2017, 09:35 AM
I'm fine with them letting Tom go until it's over, but they should have dumped Jimmy back in the spring when the trade value was a lot higher.

A bad BB decision.

Rumor is Brady went over BB’s head and convinced Kraft to make the trade.

Oh, and for the record, I think Jimmy GQ is gonna be a perennial Pro Bowler. Glad he’s in the NFC.

synthesis2
12-26-2017, 09:44 AM
Why is this thread going on so long??? I mean Garp is playing for the 49ers in the NFC? I don't get it, whether he is good or not, who really cares? The only time it really matters is if you make the superbowl and play that team and he single handily beat us. Other than that it just does not matter.

KChiefs1
12-26-2017, 12:45 PM
Great trade.

TripleThreat
12-26-2017, 01:08 PM

How many times are you wrong before you are right?? Holy cow.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-26-2017, 01:33 PM
How many times are you wrong before you are right?? Holy cow.

Dude pissed his pants at the thought of playing Eggo and the Faid

DaneMcCloud
12-26-2017, 01:34 PM

QB Whisperer...

staylor26
12-26-2017, 01:36 PM
QB Whisperer...

I remember when he was trying to pimp Reggie McKenzie as a great GM

LMAO

Chief Pagan
12-26-2017, 02:48 PM
Why is this thread going on so long??? I mean Garp is playing for the 49ers in the NFC? I don't get it, whether he is good or not, who really cares?

You are right. Lets get this bulletin board back on track.

Smith Sucks!

Quesadilla Joe
06-14-2018, 11:59 AM
49ers quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo struggles during minicamp

It’s hard to explain why Jimmy Garoppolo played so poorly this week during the 49ers’ minicamp.

He was terrific last season for the brief time he played. Garoppolo started the final five weeks of 2017, and averaged a whopping 260 passing yards per game, even though he didn’t know the full playbook. He came to the 49ers in a midseason trade, and simply memorized their weekly game plans.

Now, he knows the playbook, and has experience with his current teammates. Most people expect he will play even better next season, and he may. But right now, he’s struggling.

On Wednesday, the second and final day of the 49ers’ mandatory minicamp, Garoppolo played well early, completing three of his first four passes. Then, he fell apart, and missed 11 of his final 16 throws. His completion percentage for the afternoon was a mere 40. He missed every deep pass he threw.

On Tuesday, the day before, Garoppolo couldn’t even yell the snap count correctly. He caused the offense to commit four false-start penalties in a row to start practice.

“It’s all on the quarterback,” Garoppolo said on Wednesday in the 49ers’ media room. “I mean, I’m the one doing the cadence. I have to make sure that me and all of the other quarterbacks are saying it the same way and sounding similar to one another.”

By “cadence,” he means something like, “on one, on two, blue 42” — the usual things quarterbacks say at the line of scrimmage before the center snaps the ball.

“We have 100 different cadences and we’ve got a lot of different calls and a lot of other stuff that are extremely confusing,” head coach Kyle Shanahan said. “When you’re thinking about everything else and not thinking about the cadence, you just jump offsides.

“If I was just the offensive coordinator, I would have been very upset. Fortunately, I’m the head coach, so I was happy with the defense. I thought the offense, we came out just sluggish. We couldn’t get the cadence right and we started practice that way. Guys can see how that trickles down and kind of ruins an entire practice.”

As frustrated as Shanahan seemed, he tried to see the positive in Garoppolo’s shaky minicamp. “I like to see Jimmy make mistakes. I like seeing him come in and work on it. I like seeing him correct what he messed up two days ago. He felt the mistake. He understood why it was wrong and then he wants to correct it himself. I want him to understand it. Sometimes when things don’t work out, you learn. You’ve got to know the whys and that’s what allows you to have continued success over time.”

After Tuesday’s disappointing practice, Garoppolo and the rest of the offensive players had stayed on the field and walked through the plays again, just to get them right.

“It bothers them, just like it bothers us,” Shanahan said. “You don’t have to sit out there and ‘MF’ them. When things bother people, you usually fix it and that’s what I think our guys stayed out and tried to do.”

Garoppolo and the offensive players will continue to meet and practice together on their own, away from the team facility, during the next few weeks before training camp, which begins July 26. And Garoppolo will continue to learn and master the 49ers’ playbook.

“Maybe we’re going to mess him up by teaching him more,” Shanahan said. “I’m just joking with that, but those five games, things went very well. There was a number of times that maybe it should have been a pick, but Marquise Goodwin stepped back to the ball and made a play so we never worried about that one.

"I think that’s the question. ‘How are we going to look now that Jimmy has an offseason and knows (the offense)?’ Well, he did look pretty good last year. I don’t know how much of a jump you guys are going to see. If he had 400 yards a game, does that mean we have to have 600 to improve? I don’t know what the numbers will be. I think we’ll be a better offense. I feel pretty confident in that.”

For his part, Garoppolo took the long view. “I think I’ve come a long way,” he said, “especially from last season where I was just kind of cramming everything in. But still a long way to go developing that chemistry between me and the skill positions, the O-Line, everything. It’s a work in progress every time.”
http://www.pressdemocrat.com/sports/8432288-181/49ers-quarterback-jimmy-garoppolo-struggles?sba=AAS

Rain Man
06-14-2018, 12:01 PM
The Patriots likely stuffed him full of performance enhancers before the trade.

threebag
06-14-2018, 05:11 PM
He should Contact Peyton Manning and get the HGH hookup

Red Dawg
06-14-2018, 05:14 PM
He should Contact Peyton Manning and get the HGH hookup

Or Brady. It's pretty obvious he's on the juice.

Buehler445
06-14-2018, 07:53 PM
Or Brady. It's pretty obvious he's on the juice.

Yeah. Anybody that believes it’s avacado ice cream and blueberries. LOL.

TribalElder
06-14-2018, 08:00 PM
He was Brady’s understudy should be at least cassel or more LMAO

Reerun_KC
06-14-2018, 08:25 PM
Remember when people around here sucked off alex smith. Those were the days.

CP wouldn’t know a QB if he threw a ball right and hit them in their Vagina....

JakeF
06-14-2018, 10:15 PM
Coaching

Nickhead
06-15-2018, 12:13 AM
He was Brady’s understudy should be at least cassel or more LMAO

cassel did NOT make the bar high enough to register as a mediocre QB :D

BlackOp
06-15-2018, 02:03 AM
Dude's been banging too many smoking hot WC girls this off-season. Cant say I blame him...Shit, he doesn't even have to win another game. He's set up for life...rich, athletic, good-looking...I'd just quit. NFL would be getting in the way of my sex life...

Halfcan
06-15-2018, 08:26 AM
Dude's been banging too many smoking hot WC girls this off-season. Cant say I blame him...Shit, he doesn't even have to win another game. He's set up for life...rich, athletic, good-looking...I'd just quit. NFL would be getting in the way of my sex life...

Instant fame can ruin a player for sure. Not sure if this is the case, but since we play them- let's hope he is on the downward trend for the year.

Hydrae
06-15-2018, 08:27 AM
cassel did NOT make the bar high enough to register as a mediocre QB :D

Nope, he just hit the (cross)bar!

RealSNR
06-15-2018, 08:43 AM
Remember when people around here sucked off alex smith. Those were the days

I hardly think TigerUppercut and his merry band of retard assholes counts is an accurate representation of CP

OKchiefs
06-15-2018, 08:46 AM
My dream is for media wonderboys Garappolo and Watson to suck dick this year and for Mahomes to blind everyone with the glare from his awesomeness.

Pasta Little Brioni
06-15-2018, 08:51 AM
He's waiting for another dumbfuck to call him Jimmy Grapes

KChiefs1
09-22-2018, 03:07 PM
Garoppolo on playing at Arrowhead.

https://youtu.be/k3BWdlZGxmI

Halfcan
09-22-2018, 03:24 PM
He's waiting for another dumb**** to call him Jimmy Grapes

How about Jimbo Crapola?

WhiteWhale
09-22-2018, 08:17 PM
My dream is for media wonderboys Garappolo and Watson to suck dick this year and for Mahomes to blind everyone with the glare from his awesomeness.

*Checks 2018 records and stats*

So far so good.

Chief Pagan
09-22-2018, 10:14 PM

The future's so bright, I got to wear shades.

Mecca
09-22-2018, 10:27 PM
This is still a bad trade, they traded for the right to pay him a shit ton of money to very possibly just be an alright starting QB.

DJ's left nut
09-23-2018, 02:54 PM

LMAO

The 49ers can tag him if they can’t work out a long term deal.

Also, “defenses” aren’t going to “figure him out”.

He’s a Pro-Style pocket passer with a little mobility.

He’s not a phony Spread-Option guy.

Finally a take as wrong as the Pham ones

Tell me more about how wrong I was about the best case scenario from this dipshit trade being overpaying for an oft injured dink and dunk artist.

This trade was fucking retarded and anyone that disagreed at any point is likewise retarded.

At his very best he's an injury prone Alex Smith with a crippling contract. Nice work, San Fran.