PDA

View Full Version : Life I just spent 31 days drinking nothing but water.

TinyEvel
11-01-2017, 02:44 PM
NOTE: I did eat food. Just, the only liquid I drank for a month was water. Not even sparkling water, just plain water.

Over the years we've been a part of some weight loss threads and non-drinking threads on here. I'm not necessarily overweight but I'm at that age where I can't just let her rip in terms of eating and drinking if I want to be around for a long time.

I had gained 20 Lbs from 2015-2017 while I had lived in Kansas City (went from 227 to 248 - I'm 6'2") so I thought I should get back to my "California weight."

I recently had knee surgery and the Physical Therapist was recommending a non-inflammatory diet. I looked it up and HELL NO. It's basically giving up anything you would ever want to eat. So as a compromise, I figured I'd try just drinking water as the only liquid I drank for a month.

It took about ten days to feel the results, but after 30 days:

I lost 8 Lbs.
Blood Pressure went from 139/87 to 120/80
Belt is one notch tighter
I go to bed sleepy at 10pm and wake up at 5:30 with no alarm.
I'm alert and focused during the day
Skin feels younger.
Face thinner.

Pretty damn good! There were only a couple of times I was really jonesing for coffee or alcohol. It's actually a good thing I wasn't drinking during the Steelers or Oakland games, I might have to be replacing some pieces of broken furniture in my house by now.

I'd recommend it, if you've got the discipline. I am kind of that "all or nothing" type so once committed it was pretty easy. Have any of you done similar?

EDIT: To be clear, it wasn't a daily contest to see HOW MUCH water I could rink. I just replaced any liquid I would normally drink (e.g. coffee in the morning, a six pack of beer watching football) with water. And was conscious to have some throughout the day at a regular pace.

Dayze
11-01-2017, 02:46 PM
did it improve digestion at all?

Rain Man
11-01-2017, 02:46 PM
You've inspired me. I'm going to do this for the next thirty days, because I really need to lose 10 pounds. I keep pondering this type of thing but haven't done it.

Just to confirm, no Pibb or Dr. Pepper, right?

Dayze
11-01-2017, 02:47 PM
Dr.Pepper is fine. it has 23 essential vitamins and minerals.

tooge
11-01-2017, 02:48 PM
I went full vegan for 6 months. Lost 16 lbs without doing anything different from an excercise standpoint. I think much of the weight loss was muscle though. I went back to my normal diet, which is very healthy, and gained the weight back in probably another 6-8 months.

ptlyon
11-01-2017, 02:48 PM
Fuck that...

Ragged Robin
11-01-2017, 02:49 PM
try not eating meat you fat fucks

The Franchise
11-01-2017, 02:50 PM
Did you just drink when you were thirsty or did you have a set amount of water you wanted to drink per day?

BlackHelicopters
11-01-2017, 02:50 PM
Quit drinking soda about two years ago. Was 270 in July 2015. Now 195. I am 6ft 1 inch. No longer have to take BP meds. Still wake at 4 a.m. as usual. Ready for sleep by 10.

Rain Man
11-01-2017, 02:51 PM

Good point. So if I drink nothing but water and Dr. Pepper, that has to be pretty good for me, right?

Wait, that's what I'm doing now.

Amnorix
11-01-2017, 02:51 PM
I basically cut out soda years ago and have never regretted it. That seemed to me to be a very easy "give" in terms of cutting out something obviously unhealthy and with no redeeming qualities which was nothing more than a bad habit.

Definitely no regrets.

ptlyon
11-01-2017, 02:52 PM
try not eating meat you fat ****s

Might just order me a large papa John's meat lovers just because of this thread.

BECAUSE OF THE GARLIC BUTTER SAUCE

Dayze
11-01-2017, 02:52 PM
a while back, the wife and I went without any fast food whatsoever for an entire year.
each lost probably 25lbs. the 1 year anniversary, we went to Wendy's and each got a big ol meal.

we were both absolutely miserable the remainder of the day and evening. just felt bogged down, tired, upset stomachs, etc.

at the time, we needed a new dishwasher and oven, and we decided to do the no fast food thing for a year and use the the money we would've spent on fast food to pay for (or at least most of it) the appliances. worked out great.

of course, we're back to eating crap again, all too frequently. oh well.

eDave
11-01-2017, 02:54 PM
I'm at about a month on strictly water myself. Feel more "alive". More sperm too.

Beef Supreme
11-01-2017, 02:55 PM
I have tried to quit drinking diet Dr. Pepper on a few occasions, but that shit is worse than crack.

Hammock Parties
11-01-2017, 02:56 PM
abs poppin' and i drink 2 or 3 diet dr peppers a day

come at me bro

BWillie
11-01-2017, 02:58 PM

No.

Iowanian
11-01-2017, 02:58 PM

You go to hell, al queda!

AssEaterChief
11-01-2017, 03:00 PM
a while back, the wife and I went without any fast food whatsoever for an entire year.
each lost probably 25lbs.

That's a crap load of fast food….how many times a week had you been eating out?

For OP, what were your sleep habits like before the water diet?

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-01-2017, 03:01 PM
I'm an all or nothing kind of guy too. I went back on a diet two weeks ago (Keto) and have only drank water during that time but I'm not a soda drinker anyway. My problem is beer. Anyway ,down 13 pounds in 14 days. I'm trying to get in shape for a hard fishing journey. I'm closing on the sale of my Hog Farm tomorrow and am leaving to live in my truck for at least a week with my bass boat in tow.

ModSocks
11-01-2017, 03:03 PM
More sperm too.

Fuck it, i'm in. Gonna have to buy my wife a snorkel @ 30 days.

BWillie
11-01-2017, 03:04 PM

come at me bro

Diet soda is worse than regular soda. I didn't believe it myself at first, but there are numerous new studies that show it. It can directly lead to metabolic syndrome and raise your triglycerides. Reasonable arguments can even be made that it contributes to some cancers. We now have decades of data to be able to know that it is indeed correlated to these issues.

I think when diet soda came out, they had good intentions. They literally saw individuals could drink it and it wouldn't spike their insulin levels at that present time, so they thought it was healthier. I would certainly steer clear of any diet soda or regular soda, and if you must, drink soda with actual cane sugar in it or stevia.

RunKC
Used to be on adderall, but I decided to get off of that shit by changing my diet. I've read a lot of information about consuming the right foods and feeling much better as a result.

Cut out soda, cut down sugar significantly, drank more water and tried eating a lot of foods that enhance focus and concentration. I added 2 extra glasses of water a day wto counteract my 2 coffees a day. I tried running (or walking) at least 4X a week too.

I've never felt better.

Frazod
One of my friends is on a crazy diet like this. Eating nothing but vegetables, drinking nothing but water, no salt, no oil. He's lost a ton of weight, but he'll cave soon and in six months will have gained it all back and then some.

lcarus
11-01-2017, 03:05 PM

come at me bro

I'd rather have sugar and extra calories than aspartame and the nasty taste of any diet soda. I wish they'd go back to sugar than high fructose corn syrup. Moderation is the key with everything.

stevieray
11-01-2017, 03:06 PM
Man, love my coffee but I'm in.

Beef Supreme
11-01-2017, 03:06 PM
I'm an all or nothing kind of guy too. I went back on a diet two weeks ago (Keto) and have only drank water during that time but I'm not a soda drinker anyway. My problem is beer. Anyway ,down 13 pounds in 14 days. I'm trying to get in shape for a hard fishing journey. I'm closing on the sale of my Hog Farm tomorrow and am leaving to live in my truck for at least a week with my bass boat in tow.

That's pretty fucked up when you are too out of shape to fish.

BWillie
11-01-2017, 03:08 PM
I don't really have a problem with fat or gaining weight. I'm at 180 lbs, and I actually weighed 195 lbs when I was in great shape and worked out 3-4 times a week. But the diet energy drinks, diet soda & high sodium diet has really raised my triglycerides. I'm not even old and my tris are in the 200's and I literally have NO good cholesterol. High triglycerides is a much bigger risk to heart disease & heart attacks than just having genetically high blood pressure or high blood pressure with a reasonable amount of good cholesterol.

Hammock Parties
11-01-2017, 03:09 PM
Diet soda is worse than regular soda. I didn't believe it myself at first, but there are numerous new studies that show it. It can directly lead to metabolic syndrome and raise your triglycerides. Reasonable arguments can even be made that it contributes to some cancers. We now have decades of data to be able to know that it is indeed correlated to these issues.

I think when diet soda came out, they had good intentions. They literally saw individuals could drink it and it wouldn't spike their insulin levels at that present time, so they thought it was healthier. I would certainly steer clear of any diet soda or regular soda, and if you must, drink soda with actual cane sugar in it or stevia.

i've never experienced a single adverse affect from diet soda

it's a load of bullshit that it's worse than regular soda

consuming 120 empty calories of sugar water is FAR worse than drinking flavored 0-calorie water

In58men
Nice thread bud, I might have to give this a try. I’ll have to stick with my BCAAs for the gym. Sugar free though.

Dayze
That's a crap load of fast food….how many times a week had you been eating out?

For OP, what were your sleep habits like before the water diet?

like once a week (usually a Friday night after work/easy dinner). At the time, I roughly equated it to about $15/week (we could both eat a meal for like $5-7/each with tax back in 2003 time frame)
I think our dishwasher was like $400 and oven (one of of those wall type ovens for old houses) was like $700.
So, 'most' of the appliance expense was taken care of.

BWillie
11-01-2017, 03:10 PM
Used to be on adderall, but I decided to get off of that shit by changing my diet. I've read a lot of information about consuming the right foods and feeling much better as a result.

Cut out soda, cut down sugar significantly, drank more water and tried eating a lot of foods that enhance focus and concentration. I added 2 extra glasses of water a day wto counteract my 2 coffees a day. I tried running (or walking) at least 4X a week too.

I've never felt better.

I hear everybody say this, and quite frankly I don't get it. It really doesn't apply to me. People say how great they feel when they eat healthy. I feel like shit when I eat healthy and light. I feel like a million bucks after I eat a hearty steak dinner with a nice buttery baked potato, or after I drink a big energy drink. I feel fantastic. While I feel good, it doesn't translate to good health in the long run.

I wish I had this euphoric feeling after eating healthy or even as a lifestyle. I notice I get MORE tired and LESS energized by eating healthy. I never feel full.

mikeyis4dcats.
11-01-2017, 03:11 PM
My wife and I each drink at least 64oz of H2OJ each day. A 7:1 ratio of water and not from concentrate OJ. Helps maintain blood sugar throughout the day to minimize hunger swings.

I lost 40 pounds in 4 months, and have kept it off since May eating normally. My wife lost 100# since November 2016.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/photocraze/view/my-naturally-slim-diet-198098

Titty Meat
I drink 100 ounces a day. Drink diet soda. Profit.

TinyEvel
Did you just drink when you were thirsty or did you have a set amount of water you wanted to drink per day?

I tried to drink 2 gallons of water a day throughout the day, but I think I was between 1 and 1.5 most days. I kept a Liter bottle at my desk and just tried to keep drinking all day long. also when I woke up and before bed and before meals -- one pint glass each time.

BWillie
11-01-2017, 03:12 PM
i've never experienced a single adverse affect from diet soda

it's a load of bullshit that it's worse than regular soda

consuming 120 empty calories of sugar water is FAR worse than drinking flavored 0-calorie water

It isn't. Get your blood checked and track you triglycerides, good cholesterol, and lipids. It's a real thing. You may feel fine and have great blood pressure. Doesn't mean shit though.

TinyEvel
11-01-2017, 03:12 PM
did it improve digestion at all?

Yeah it was easier to squeeze out the dooks. Also, I sometimes have heart burn and that was pretty much gone unless I ate Mexican restaurant chips

eDave
11-01-2017, 03:14 PM
I hear everybody say this, and quite frankly I don't get it. It really doesn't apply to me. People say how great they feel when they eat healthy. I feel like shit when I eat healthy and light. I feel like a million bucks after I eat a hearty steak dinner with a nice buttery baked potato, or after I drink a big energy drink. I feel fantastic. While I feel good, it doesn't translate to good health in the long run.

I wish I had this euphoric feeling after eating healthy or even as a lifestyle. I notice I get MORE tired and LESS energized by eating healthy. I never feel full.

I wouldn't call it euphoric. It's an overall better feeling. Mentally, I feel good that I'm not shoveling crap into myself.

Drop some fish oil and a B supplement and look out!

TinyEvel
11-01-2017, 03:15 PM

13LBs in 14 days is a lot! Damn, how much beer were you drinking, son?

Fish
11-01-2017, 03:15 PM
I hate the diet fads that insist you completely eliminate _____ from your lifestyle for a period of time. Life simply doesn't work like that. Which is why people almost always fall back into their previous ways after time. People also tend to convince themselves of some unhealthy and/or expensive habits during the process too, because that's what sells these kinds of things. I'm a much bigger fan of moderation and an exercise level that matches your caloric intake. These kinds of diets rarely ever become lifestyle changes, which is what most people need.

TinyEvel
11-01-2017, 03:16 PM
Man, love my coffee but I'm in.

I would only drink just one cup in the morning about 5 times a week. I think the beer was the big one for me, especially during football season.

TinyEvel
11-01-2017, 03:19 PM
I hate the diet fads that insist you completely eliminate _____ from your lifestyle for a period of time. Life simply doesn't work like that. Which is why people almost always fall back into their previous ways after time. People also tend to convince themselves of some unhealthy and/or expensive habits during the process too, because that's what sells these kinds of things. I'm a much bigger fan of moderation and an exercise level that matches your caloric intake. These kinds of diets rarely ever become lifestyle changes, which is what most people need.

I mostly agree. This was just to reset and jump start a shift to new habits. Not drinking during the week, having more water, etc.

Fish
11-01-2017, 03:20 PM
I tried to drink 2 gallons of water a day throughout the day, but I think I was between 1 and 1.5 most days. I kept a Liter bottle at my desk and just tried to keep drinking all day long. also when I woke up and before bed and before meals -- one pint glass each time.

This sounds crazy, but it's very possible to drink too much water. And a gallon a day is considered enough to cause water intoxication. Your body cannot process that much water, and it can actually cause health issues instead. Be careful...

ptlyon
11-01-2017, 03:20 PM
That's pretty ****ed up when you are too out of shape to fish.

I'm usually too drunk to fish

Hammock Parties
11-01-2017, 03:22 PM
It isn't. Get your blood checked and track you triglycerides, good cholesterol, and lipids. It's a real thing. You may feel fine and have great blood pressure. Doesn't mean shit though.

Fake news.

cosmo20002
11-01-2017, 03:24 PM
NOTE: I did eat food. Just, the only liquid I drank for a month was water. Not even sparkling water, just plain water.

Over the years we've been a part of some weight loss threads and non-drinking threads on here. I'm not necessarily overweight but I'm at that age where I can't just let her rip in terms of eating and drinking if I want to be around for a long time.

I had gained 20 Lbs from 2015-2017 while I had lived in Kansas City (went from 227 to 248 - I'm 6'2") so I thought I should get back to my "California weight."

I recently had knee surgery and the Physical Therapist was recommending a non-inflammatory diet. I looked it up and HELL NO. It's basically giving up anything you would ever want to eat. So as a compromise, I figured I'd try just drinking water as the only liquid I drank for a month.

It took about ten days to feel the results, but after 30 days:

I lost 8 Lbs.
I go to bed sleepy at 10pm and wake up at 5:30 with no alarm.
I'm alert and focused during the day
Skin feels younger.
Face thinner.

Pretty damn good! There were only a couple of times I was really jonesing for coffee or alcohol. It's actually a good thing I wasn't drinking during the Steelers or Oakland games, I might have to be replacing some pieces of broken furniture in my house by now.

I'd recommend it, if you've got the discipline. I am kind of that "all or nothing" type so once committed it was pretty easy. Have any of you done similar?
But what were you drinking and how much before you went all-water?

DJ's left nut
11-01-2017, 03:32 PM

Ladies and gentlemen, this is how you bury the lede.

Dafuq?

redfan
11-01-2017, 03:32 PM
This sounds crazy, but it's very possible to drink too much water. And a gallon a day is considered enough to cause water intoxication. Your body cannot process that much water, and it can actually cause health issues instead. Be careful...

Whaaaaat? No.
You can easily sweat a quart an hour while exercising, and process fluids roughly the same rate.

Chief Pote
11-01-2017, 03:33 PM
I'm at about a month on strictly water myself. Feel more "alive". More sperm too.

I'm sure that "more sperm" benefit is worth it. :rolleyes:

carcosa
11-01-2017, 03:34 PM

THANK you!!!!!

I want to give up soda for health, but the PEP is TOO GOOD!!!!

carcosa
11-01-2017, 03:35 PM
I have tried to quit drinking diet Dr. Pepper on a few occasions, but that shit is worse than crack.

INJECT DR PEPPER INTO MY EYEBALLS

TinyEvel
11-01-2017, 03:40 PM
But what were you drinking and how much before you went all-water?

More than the recommended maximum

Rain Man
11-01-2017, 03:41 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, this is how you bury the lede.

Dafuq?

What the - this is big news! That should be its own thread. I've followed the lives, loves, and drama of the hog farm for a decade!

DJ's left nut
11-01-2017, 03:42 PM
What the - this is big news! That should be its own thread. I've followed the lives, loves, and drama of the hog farm for a decade!

RIGHT?!?!

I mean g'damn people - great, Tiny E is drinking water and stuff. Good for him; glad he's not fat anymore.

But for fuck's sake, Hog Farmer may not be jackin' off swine anymore and we get 50 posts with nary a comment? How the hell does this happen?

saphojunkie
11-01-2017, 03:44 PM

Lol no I drink a gallon of water every day I train MMA.

Rain Man
11-01-2017, 03:46 PM

I don't have much data on this, but back when we did the big weight loss contest and I dropped 40 pounds, I was like Fred Astaire on energy pills. My feet were dancing and before a race I'd be bouncing around just waiting for the 'go' signal.

In the 7 years since, I've gained 20 pounds of the 40 back, and I've got a lot less energy. Of course, I'm also 7 years older, so perhaps that's a factor. But I go to the starting line of a race now with stoic resignation rather than bouncing around like I'm Tigger, and I miss that. I can't go back in age, but I need to go back in weight.

eDave
11-01-2017, 03:47 PM
I'm sure that "more sperm" benefit is worth it. :rolleyes:

https://i.redd.it/3ah6k9okldoy.jpg

Fish
11-01-2017, 03:47 PM
Whaaaaat? No.
You can easily sweat a quart an hour while exercising, and process fluids roughly the same rate.

Exercising can actually reduce the kidney's ability to process water because of decreased vasopressin levels.

Where did people get the idea that guzzling enormous quantities of water is healthful? A few years ago Heinz Valtin, a kidney specialist from Dartmouth Medical School, decided to determine if the common advice to drink eight, eight-ounce glasses of water per day could hold up to scientific scrutiny. After scouring the peer-reviewed literature, Valtin concluded that no scientific studies support the "eight x eight" dictum (for healthy adults living in temperate climates and doing mild exercise). In fact, drinking this much or more "could be harmful, both in precipitating potentially dangerous hyponatremia and exposure to pollutants, and also in making many people feel guilty for not drinking enough," he wrote in his 2002 review for the American Journal of Physiology—Regulatory, Integrative and Comparative Physiology. And since he published his findings, Valtin says, "not a single scientific report published in a peer-reviewed publication has proven the contrary."

Every hour, a healthy kidney at rest can excrete 800 to 1,000 milliliters, or 0.21 to 0.26 gallon, of water and therefore a person can drink water at a rate of 800 to 1,000 milliliters per hour without experiencing a net gain in water, Verbalis explains. If that same person is running a marathon, however, the stress of the situation will increase vasopressin levels, reducing the kidney's excretion capacity to as low as 100 milliliters per hour. Drinking 800 to 1,000 milliliters of water per hour under these conditions can potentially lead a net gain in water, even with considerable sweating, he says.

While exercising, "you should balance what you're drinking with what you're sweating," and that includes sports drinks, which can also cause hyponatremia when consumed in excess, Verbalis advises. "If you're sweating 500 milliliters per hour, that is what you should be drinking."

But measuring sweat output is not easy. How can a marathon runner, or any person, determine how much water to consume? As long as you are healthy and equipped with a thirst barometer unimpaired by old age or mind-altering drugs, follow Verbalis's advice, "drink to your thirst. It's the best indicator."

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/strange-but-true-drinking-too-much-water-can-kill/

Rain Man
11-01-2017, 03:51 PM
Exercising can actually reduce the kidney's ability to process water because of decreased vasopressin levels.

I read a while back that no one has ever died running a marathon due to dehydration, but several people have died from drinking too much water. I guess if you're sweating a lot and you drink a lot to replace the water, it can throw your salt balance off or something, and that can kill you.

I'm not sure if that's relevant to the discussion, but I found it interesting.

Rain Man
11-01-2017, 03:54 PM
I realized that I've had nothing but water today, so I'll count this as Day One. I weighed myself this morning with a fat percent estimate, so I can report that as the starting point.

The only bummer is that I'm traveling next week so I'll go a week without a weight report (and I'll be eating at restaurants every day), but I'll dutifully report the next 30 days when I'm in town.

ThaVirus
11-01-2017, 04:06 PM

I try and tell my girlfriend and close friends this all the time.

You don't have to completely re-tool your diet to lose weight- just eat less of what you generally eat. If you're really craving cookies, eat a cookie. No big deal. Just don't eat an entire pack.

.. I do advise everyone to steer clear of sugary drinks though. You should be drinking water for the most part. Sodas and juices are a fucking calorie pit.

Whaaaaat? No.

Probably depends on your environment, body comp and activity level.

Spott
11-01-2017, 04:08 PM
I quit drinking pop a few years ago and went exclusively to ice water. Immediately lost weight and never have cravings for coke or sweet tea anymore.

TambaBerry
11-01-2017, 04:11 PM

Try becoming a man you fuck head

OnTheWarpath15
11-01-2017, 04:14 PM

This happened to me once and it was horrible. Shut me down for three days. Doc said I was drowning myself.

KCUnited
11-01-2017, 04:18 PM

https://i.imgur.com/pvk8qTJ.png?1

Fish
11-01-2017, 04:19 PM

Well it's nice that you train MMA. But that's not a replacement for actual scientific and medical knowledge. You're probably fine doing what you're doing. Everybody is different and it's dependent on many factors. For the majority of people though, that's too much water per day.

ChiefGator
11-01-2017, 04:22 PM
Adam ruins hydration...

OWASUMMQjj8

BWillie
11-01-2017, 04:23 PM
I started drinking a glass of wine, or 2. The plan is to drink a 1-2 glasses of red wine, five times a week. It's legitimately supposed to be healthy for your heart and help your good cholesterol levels and decrease your triglycerides. In moderation, though.

Ragged Robin
11-01-2017, 04:23 PM
Try becoming a man you **** head

yeahok fatty ROFL

TambaBerry
11-01-2017, 04:25 PM
yeahok fatty ROFL

My health and weight are perfect according to my doctor

Rain Man
11-01-2017, 05:02 PM
I realized that I've had nothing but water today, so I'll count this as Day One. I weighed myself this morning with a fat percent estimate, so I can report that as the starting point.

The only bummer is that I'm traveling next week so I'll go a week without a weight report (and I'll be eating at restaurants every day), but I'll dutifully report the next 30 days when I'm in town.

It's 5:00 now. This is going to be harder than I thought.

ModSocks
11-01-2017, 05:04 PM
So uhm...if i substitute soda for water, does that mean i can load up on extra cookies and candy?

Asking for a friend.

Coach
11-01-2017, 05:08 PM
Drink Green Tea to go with your water, Tiny.

I drank way too much soda, along with junk food, but the main culprit was soda, because of the sugar. I would slam a can of soda in the morning, lunch, dinner, and snack. So roughly 4-5 cans of the 12oz soda on a daily basis. I shot up to 240 (I'm 6'2" as well) until May, when I made a compromise to myself:

- Drink water mixed in with green tea as much as I can in a reasonable rate.
- Reduced from 4-5 12oz cans to 2 7.5oz cans, one for lunch and one for dinner only.
- Minimal exercises (mostly just walking a mile to two a day with the softball games on weekends).

From May 31st, 240, to now, Nov 1st, 215.

Coach
11-01-2017, 05:11 PM

Just stay away from sugary foods and just eat less than your recommended calorie intake, you'll be fine. Just don't eat less than way the minimum though, for sure.

Delano
11-01-2017, 05:51 PM
Nice thread bud, I might have to give this a try. I’ll have to stick with my BCAAs for the gym. Sugar free though.

I think if you’re mixing powder with water you’d still be living true to the OPs methods. If you’re mixing with milk of any type then probably not.

You only take BCAA though? No protein, glutamine, or creatine?

Delano
11-01-2017, 05:54 PM
If I need a pop of caffeine or carbonation, I’m currently enjoying Bai’s sparkling water things. Great taste, mostly natural with stevia, and, like, 5 calories. I drink maybe two a week.

listopencil
11-01-2017, 06:01 PM
I got lazy and ate almost nothing but crappy fast food and 7/11 snacks for the last week or so. Lost five pounds.

CoMoChief
11-01-2017, 06:03 PM
I stopped drinking soft drinks and lost approx 45lbs doing that alone. Haven't been hitting the gym lately bc I've been busy...only exercise has been walking the dog daily.

That's not dieting. I was eating the brown paper diet fora long time bc I've been so busy w/ work just havent had a lot of time to sit down and eat a home cooked dinner. But even doing that I went from 265 to 220. Need to get back down to 205-210 I just started getting water or iced tea w/ my food instead of Coke.

Soft drinks are a big reason why everyone 50+ is diabetic. I firmly believe that. So much sugar in those drinks...and the drinks that are mostly served in drive thru's are 10x the amount of sugar listed on their nutritional charts due to the size.

I used to live off of McD's Coke. I still think it's the best drink on the planet. But fuck it's bad for you lol. My kidneys probably hate me.

I've started to diet some, picked a god damn bad time to do it w/ holidays n shit coming up. Oh well. Big thing is not eat a ton before bed. It's hard because I like to hit on the wacky tobacky at night before bed and it really does suck trying to go to bed w/ the munchies...9x out of 10 I fail and end up making a trip to the kitchen.

Delano
11-01-2017, 06:09 PM
I stopped drinking soft drinks and lost approx 45lbs doing that alone. Haven't been hitting the gym lately bc I've been busy...only exercise has been walking the dog daily.

That's not dieting. I was eating the brown paper diet fora long time bc I've been so busy w/ work just havent had a lot of time to sit down and eat a home cooked dinner. But even doing that I went from 265 to 220. Need to get back down to 205-210 I just started getting water or iced tea w/ my food instead of Coke.

Soft drinks are a big reason why everyone 50+ is diabetic. I firmly believe that. So much sugar in those drinks...and the drinks that are mostly served in drive thru's are 10x the amount of sugar listed on their nutritional charts due to the size.

I used to live off of McD's Coke. I still think it's the best drink on the planet. But fuck it's bad for you lol. My kidneys probably hate me.

I've started to diet some, picked a god damn bad time to do it w/ holidays n shit coming up. Oh well. Big thing is not eat a ton before bed. It's hard because I like to hit on the wacky tobacky at night before bed and it really does suck trying to go to bed w/ the munchies...9x out of 10 I fail and end up making a trip to the kitchen.

Winter feels like the best, but hardest time to eat better and exercise. It really fights off any seasonal depression or lethargy. It always feels like the easiest time to indulge in comfort foods to bulk up for the cold. If you can fight through, though, it’s really rewarding.

Red Beans
11-01-2017, 06:23 PM
Winter feels like the best, but hardest time to eat better and exercise. It really fights off any seasonal depression or lethargy. It always feels like the easiest time to indulge in comfort foods to bulk up for the cold. If you can fight through, though, it’s really rewarding.

I love running my daily 2-mile when it's below freezing. It's hell to get going but so rewarding afterward. I also like to see the looks from all the commuters. 5:30 am and they're looking at me like I'm nuts. There's something satisfying about that as well.

lewdog
11-01-2017, 06:33 PM
I pretty much only drink water all the time.

Is it really earth shattering news that getting calories from juice/soda is pretty much a waste?

TribalElder
11-01-2017, 06:55 PM
It's not the water, it's the lack of chemicals in your food

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51UdjA0QZLL._SY300_.jpg

kccrow
11-01-2017, 07:00 PM

What?!!!

What is your new name going to be? Creepy Truck Dweller?

No more hog farming? This makes me sad.

threebag
11-01-2017, 07:20 PM

Mr. Pibb is better

kccrow
11-01-2017, 07:35 PM
Mr. Pibb is better

But does it have 23 essential vitamins and minerals? I think not! It doesn't have it on the label!

CoMoChief
11-01-2017, 07:35 PM
Mr. Pibb is better

much better

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-01-2017, 07:36 PM
What?!!!

What is your new name going to be? Creepy Truck Dweller?

No more hog farming? This makes me sad.

I haven't decided yet but I will be changing my name. I'll leave my Avy so people can relate. It won't be formal till tomorrow.

MahiMike
11-01-2017, 07:42 PM
I never drink soft drinks. But coffee and alcohol are another story. I do drink 8 glasses of water per day. Then again, I feel fat and horrible...

Bearcat
11-01-2017, 07:42 PM
Well it's nice that you train MMA. But that's not a replacement for actual scientific and medical knowledge. You're probably fine doing what you're doing. Everybody is different and it's dependent on many factors. For the majority of people though, that's too much water per day.

Did you read the part you didn't bold? :spock:

Every hour, a healthy kidney at rest can excrete 800 to 1,000 milliliters, or 0.21 to 0.26 gallon, of water and therefore a person can drink water at a rate of 800 to 1,000 milliliters per hour without experiencing a net gain in water

That's 4.8 gallons a day... pretty sure nobody is drinking a gallon in 5 minutes and calling it good. That's dangerous.

sedated
11-01-2017, 07:46 PM
pretty sure nobody is drinking a gallon in 5 minutes and calling it good. That's dangerous.

Challenge accepted...be back in 5.

Red Dawg
11-01-2017, 07:56 PM
How does drinking more water get Charles more carries?

TinyEvel
11-01-2017, 08:13 PM
I think if you’re mixing powder with water you’d still be living true to the OPs methods. If you’re mixing with milk of any type then probably not.

You only take BCAA though? No protein, glutamine, or creatine?

Nope. I didn't even use protein or Gatorade after the few bike rides I did. The whole motivation was to only drink what native man was intended to. Water. Flat water.

ThaVirus
11-01-2017, 08:15 PM
I quit drinking pop a few years ago and went exclusively to ice water. Immediately lost weight and never have cravings for coke or sweet tea anymore.

It’s amazing really. I can’t even finish a full glass of soda or juice. On the occasion I do indulge, all I need is a handful of sips.

I can’t understand how people can drink entire Big Gulps of Coke and get refills.

TinyEvel
11-01-2017, 08:16 PM
I haven't decided yet but I will be changing my name. I'll leave my Avy so people can relate. It won't be formal till tomorrow.

Is it ok to assume you may occasionally still jerk off pig just for old time's sake?

Like, I worked at The Home Depot in college, and once in a while when I go there to shop, I'll pull some boxes to the front of the shelf, or help a customer. You know, kind of like that for you, but with pig-jacking.

TinyEvel
11-01-2017, 08:17 PM
How does drinking more water get Charles more fumbles?

FYP :D

Bearcat
11-01-2017, 08:25 PM
I did keto for a while last year... I rarely drink anything caffeinated and/or carbonated, so really all I left out was beer, while drinking a lot more water.

It worked well as a weight reset, like Tiny's goal, but I didn't feel much better/worse... IMO, it should be all about resetting and then moving onto something that's manageable. And as far as manageable, I'm most accountable when I write shit down... I can easily take in 3000+ calories/day when I'm not paying attention.

Bearcat
11-01-2017, 08:26 PM
So.... anyone seen sedated?

BWillie
11-01-2017, 08:28 PM
Anyone know how healthy the sparkling waters are that are flavored naturally? Or how healthy those Bai drinks are. I drink about 3 energy drinks a week (cant quite kick them, used to drink 2.5 a day though) probably 2 Bai and 4 or so sparking waters.

When I say healthy, I could care less about weight loss. Only care about heart health & how they might effect my triglycerides & good cholesterol levels

ChiefsCountry
11-01-2017, 08:38 PM
I've cut down to one pop a day, buy the little cans of Coke just to get a little caffeine and sugar.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-01-2017, 08:47 PM
try not eating meat you fat fucks

Dumb

PunkinDrublic
11-01-2017, 10:39 PM
A good breakfast of oatmeal with some almond butter mixed in and topped with some blue berries and a side of cherry tomatoes for veggies has done wonders for controlling my cravings. Of course you also have to take massive shits in the morning but I find it keeps me from overeating all day and controlling portions.

Coach
11-01-2017, 10:44 PM
I've cut down to one pop a day, buy the little cans of Coke just to get a little caffeine and sugar.

That's pretty much what I have done, except I take 2 a day, but still a lot better than what I used to drink on a daily basis.

RunKC
11-01-2017, 10:54 PM
Anyone know how healthy the sparkling waters are that are flavored naturally? Or how healthy those Bai drinks are. I drink about 3 energy drinks a week (cant quite kick them, used to drink 2.5 a day though) probably 2 Bai and 4 or so sparking waters.

When I say healthy, I could care less about weight loss. Only care about heart health & how they might effect my triglycerides & good cholesterol levels

LaCroix is good. No sugar, no sodium, no chemicals. Only 2 ingredients are carbonated water and "natural essence oils extracted from the named fruit of each beverage".

Rain Man
11-01-2017, 11:07 PM
I remember that Hog Farmer bought a boat. I bet he's going to start fishing and then harvesting caviar from the fish. When you think about it, it's pretty much the same thing that he's done with hogs.

PunkinDrublic
11-01-2017, 11:43 PM
I remember that Hog Farmer bought a boat. I bet he's going to start fishing and then harvesting caviar from the fish. When you think about it, it's pretty much the same thing that he's done with hogs.

I hope he doesn’t become like Brooks from Shawshank. Let’s all hope and pray hog farmer can survive in a world outside of jacking off Americas pork.

bdj23
11-01-2017, 11:56 PM
I drink a shit-ton of water, probably like 200oz a day. But I'll have an 8oz Sugar free Redbull from time to time. I try to not drink that much "normal" soda too. But I'll usually treat myself to one on the weekend.

I'd like to give up the Redbull and Soda altogether. I also need to cut back on the booze.

As for caffeine, they do make water with caffeine in it. It's kinda expensive, like $6 for a 12 pack, but it works for me.

Demonpenz
11-01-2017, 11:57 PM
Honestly big.daddy and silock are the dudes about diet and working out. I smell far too much bullshit.

11-02-2017, 01:15 AM
Water is too damn bland to be the only thing to drink all day long. I have to have some kind of refreshing flavor. I prefer tea and coffee.

eDave
11-02-2017, 01:25 AM
Water is too damn bland to be the only thing to drink all day long. I have to have some kind of refreshing flavor. I prefer tea and coffee.

My cheat is tea and an occasional vitamin water.

Imon Yourside
11-02-2017, 03:48 AM
I've been drinking only water for about 10 years now, you get used to it. I don't miss soda at all. I do though occasionally have a tea or a coffee but not a lot just a pick me up so i don't fall asleep. Congrats on the water thing though, it's hard to start but easy once you're used to it.

ChiefGator
11-02-2017, 03:58 AM
I drink a shit-ton of water, probably like 200oz a day.

I'm pretty sure that is extremely unhealthy, by the way.

kcxiv
11-02-2017, 04:42 AM
Water is pretty much all i drink. I rarely drink soda, like super rare. Ill drink apple juice at times, but its water 95 percent of the time. Thouigh i have gotten into the sparkling flavored mineral waters a little bit. Its great.

kcxiv
11-02-2017, 04:43 AM

depends what his job is. I used to work in the fucking heat unloading trailers that get up to about 140 degree's inside and i would chug about that much water, and not even piss any of it out , all sweat. lol

ChiefGator
11-02-2017, 05:39 AM
depends what his job is. I used to work in the ****ing heat unloading trailers that get up to about 140 degree's inside and i would chug about that much water, and not even piss any of it out , all sweat. lol

Yeah, I guess that is true... sitting in front of my infernal computer all day I don't get a chance to sweat much... which is also extremely unhealthy of course.

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-02-2017, 05:45 AM

Yeah , I'm done with all that. It's going to be a major lifestyle change. I never want to see another Hog dick in my life. I'm going to be real gentle with the fish I catch too. Not even a quick fondle, I promise.

Mennonite
11-02-2017, 05:49 AM
the only liquid I drank for a month was water.

I lost 8 Lbs.

Interesting. I may give this a try. My soda drinking is out of control.

I'm at about a month on strictly water myself. More sperm too.

I think I'll just stick with the water.

cooper barrett
11-02-2017, 06:46 AM
I just spent 31 days drinking nothing but vodka.

It would be a better conversation thread.... IJS

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-02-2017, 06:56 AM
I just spent 31 days drinking nothing but vodka.

It would be a better conversation thread.... IJS

ROFL True that!

Rain Man
11-02-2017, 09:58 AM
Day two begins. I'm irritable and I have a headache, though the headache may be a result of a weather change. And sometimes I'm irritable naturally. I can't draw any conclusions yet.

My beginning weight yesterday was 191.4 with 24.2 percent body fat. (I think - I'll confirm when I get home tonight and review the historical record.) My body fat is high right now because I've been shoveling Halloween candy into my maw like a blue whale in an algae field.

Today's weight was a depressingly high 192.0 with 23.0 percent body fat. I had pad thai for lunch yesterday and ate more Halloween candy.

Lzen
11-02-2017, 09:59 AM
My wife and I each drink at least 64oz of H2OJ each day. A 7:1 ratio of water and not from concentrate OJ. Helps maintain blood sugar throughout the day to minimize hunger swings.

I lost 40 pounds in 4 months, and have kept it off since May eating normally. My wife lost 100# since November 2016.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/photocraze/view/my-naturally-slim-diet-198098

Just curious, was this part of the Naturally Slim diet? That's what I have been doing since February. Lost about 30lbs. I'll admit that I haven't kept up on the 7:1 ratio of water to OJ (H2 Orange) but mostly keep up on everything else.

Lzen
11-02-2017, 10:02 AM

There's a lot of truth to this.

Bweb
11-02-2017, 10:12 AM
So many empty calories in soda...Over the past year, I have cut down to only about 1 a week.

My beverages of choice are water, tea, coffee and beer. (I chose to cut out soda calories as opposed to beer calories) :)

TinyEvel
11-02-2017, 10:16 AM
I had a cup of Starbucks coffee this morning. It was like drinking a memory.

eDave
11-02-2017, 10:18 AM
Interesting. I may give this a try. My soda drinking is out of control.

I think I'll just stick with the water.

LMAO

Lzen
11-02-2017, 10:21 AM
Soda is full of sugar and a big part of it but there is high fructose corn syrup in a lot of foods nowadays, as well. That is due to government corn subsidies but I'll save that conversation for a political thread.

Cheap bread - fructose, ketchup - fructose, yogurt, cereal bars/fiber bars, even some fast food burgers have sugar or fructose. It's ridiculous. I cut out most of that crap along with doing the Naturally Slim program and it has worked well for me.

TinyEvel
11-02-2017, 10:23 AM
Day two begins. I'm irritable and I have a headache, though the headache may be a result of a weather change. And sometimes I'm irritable naturally. I can't draw any conclusions yet.

My beginning weight yesterday was 191.4 with 24.2 percent body fat. (I think - I'll confirm when I get home tonight and review the historical record.) My body fat is high right now because I've been shoveling Halloween candy into my maw like a blue whale in an algae field.

Today's weight was a depressingly high 192.0 with 23.0 percent body fat. I had pad thai for lunch yesterday and ate more Halloween candy.

It took a week or more for the results to kick in. Which was odd, during lent when I give up alcohol I usually lose 3 lbs right away from losing the bloating.

I don't drink much coffee, but the first week I had headaches in the afternoon.

Lzen
11-02-2017, 10:28 AM
Water is too damn bland to be the only thing to drink all day long. I have to have some kind of refreshing flavor. I prefer beer and coffee.

:thumb:

bdj23
11-02-2017, 10:38 AM

I work in a hot environment, i sweat my ass off at work. It's usually about 30° warmer on the inside of my job than outside.

But I've scaled back my water intake since fall started, because i was waking up 3 times a night to take a piss.

Over Yonder
11-02-2017, 10:52 AM
So many empty calories in soda...Over the past year, I have cut down to only about 1 a week.

My beverages of choice are water, tea, coffee and beer. (I chose to cut out soda calories as opposed to beer calories) :)

Your pretty close to me except it's just water or beer for me. I will occasionally have a juice or pop at break down at work, but not often. Maybe 2 or 3 times/month.

I also have been doing this for about a year. For me, it was less about the calories, but the money. Like many here, I drank Dr. Pepper by the tanker load and got to thinking what a waste of money that was. So I gave up smoking and pop last thanksgiving.

A word of advice, I wouldn't recommend giving up 2 bad habits at once like I did, everybody I know hated me for the first couple of weeks :D But the small upside to it is with the constant craving for a smoke I didn't even notice missing pop.

KranzDictum
11-02-2017, 02:02 PM
I was a big Pepsi drinker and finally after decades switched over to Ginger Ale, I have been falling to sleep faster. I also try to drink 2-4 glasses of water a day as well and at least a glass of cranberry juice. I know I am still getting sugar in the Ginger Ale but I like cold carbonated drinks. I used to drink coffee during the winter but am going to stay away from caffeine for awhile. It is funny how once you finally switch over you don't miss it.

Had a plumbing scare a month or so ago that finally got me to switch. The water does a great job flushing shit out of your system.

Rain Man
11-02-2017, 03:47 PM
It's been 36 hours. I'm having Dr. Pepper tremens. But I will get through this.

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-02-2017, 05:34 PM
It's been 36 hours. I'm having Dr. Pepper tremens. But I will get through this.

Might take 3 days to win it over. You can do it. One hour at a time. Try to get to sleep early , that buys time.

Ragged Robin
11-02-2017, 05:37 PM

Put it in a water bottle and mix some "water enhancer" (flavor). Couple squirts and it tastes great without making you a huge fatass like juice or soda will. They even have caffeine ones.

Rain Man
11-02-2017, 05:42 PM
Put it in a water bottle and mix some "water enhancer" (flavor). Couple squirts and it tastes great without making you a huge fatass like juice or soda will. They even have caffeine ones.

But tinyevel's rules say 'water'. Flavored water is against the rules. (Plus, I can't stand flavored water. Whenever a waitress brings me a glass of water with a lemon in it, I scowl and take the lemon out.)

Mosbonian
11-02-2017, 05:43 PM
Becoming Type 2 Diabetic will change a lot of your eating and drinking habits...I used to be a chain 7-Up drinker, but when I went to the Dr. earlier this year and had a Blood Sugar count of 600 that all ended.

I drink mostly water these days save for one 20 oz cup of decaffeinated tea (brewed at home) sweetened with Stevia. Since March I have lost 54 lbs and lowered my A1C to 5.2 and and regular Blood sugar levels to mid-to-upper 90's....but I do have to take one shot of insulin at night before I go to bed.

I actually feel better now than I have for some time. Have no desire to go back to soft drinks or even the flavored waters that seem all the rage now. Just drink plain water.

But then again if I did I probably wouldn't be around to post anymore.

Mosbonian
11-02-2017, 05:44 PM

Sorry...those enhancers just don't do it for me.

Fat Elvis
11-02-2017, 09:38 PM
Just curious, was this part of the Naturally Slim diet? That's what I have been doing since February. Lost about 30lbs. I'll admit that I haven't kept up on the 7:1 ratio of water to OJ (H2 Orange) but mostly keep up on everything else.

You wouldn't happen to be a State of Kansas employee, would you? That was part of their health plan this past year; hadn't heard of it before.

Pro-tip: Use seltzer or tonic water with the OJ rather than plain tap water. Fizzy OJ is pretty awesome.

Fat Elvis
11-02-2017, 09:44 PM

If you are really serious about cutting your triglycerides and cholesterol, switch to a plant based diet. I did that and in a few short weeks I cut my total cholesterol by 41%--not points, per cent. I was told that my high cholesterol was genetic and had never had a normal cholesterol reading my entire adult life. I don't even miss meat anymore, and I feel *so* much better.

ghak99
11-02-2017, 10:12 PM
I dropped all soda/pop ~4 years ago. After the headaches quit I lost 10lbs very quickly, but for me the best part was when food started tasting better. After ~6 months I found myself using less salt, less seasoning, and appreciating a good steak more. Even something as simple as a cucumber had more flavor.

I'm still working on cutting other sugars from the diet though. Tea about 3 times a week and a Gatorade 2-3 times a week keep me sane. Slowly cutting back the sugar in the tea, but it's a struggle. Corn syrup is in damn near everything.

mr. tegu
11-02-2017, 10:31 PM
I like the water bottle sized crystal lights for when I want a fresh from the fridge drink.

With the soda we don't buy any for the house but that just makes it too easy to drink 32 ozs at a time from the gas station once every few days which is obviously not good and defeats the purpose of avoiding a 12 oz can per day.

listopencil
11-02-2017, 11:09 PM

I think I'll go on an all Halloween candy diet. That shit's on sale now.

cooper barrett
11-02-2017, 11:10 PM
infusing water with, say, ghost peppers would both kick start your metabolism but hydrate you at the same time.

TinyEvel
11-02-2017, 11:39 PM
Wow. All the comments. I had no idea how prevalent soda addiction was. Lots of soda drinkers. It was never a thing for me.

cooper barrett
11-03-2017, 12:10 AM
Wow. All the comments. I had no idea how prevalent soda addiction was. Lots of soda drinkers. It was never a thing for me.

Soda is best used for making cheap booze tolerable at least that's the only time I drink it

Fat Elvis
11-03-2017, 07:31 AM
I dropped all soda/pop ~4 years ago. After the headaches quit I lost 10lbs very quickly, but for me the best part was when food started tasting better. After ~6 months I found myself using less salt, less seasoning, and appreciating a good steak more. Even something as simple as a cucumber had more flavor.

I'm still working on cutting other sugars from the diet though. Tea about 3 times a week and a Gatorade 2-3 times a week keep me sane. Slowly cutting back the sugar in the tea, but it's a struggle. Corn syrup is in damn near everything.

Try stevia instead of sugar in your tea.....

Pennywise
11-03-2017, 07:54 AM

Stevia has Ricin in it.

ghak99
11-03-2017, 08:39 AM

I'll check it out.

I'm down to adding 1/3 of my previous "normal" when brewing. Getting rid of that last third just changes it so much.

Bearcat
11-03-2017, 08:44 AM

Drank it all the time in high school/college... my caffeine tolerance took a dive soon after though, so I hardly ever drink it anymore. Pooping is much easier now, that's for sure...

Rausch
11-03-2017, 09:22 AM
I did a 10 day fast with no food and only water, vitamins, and 0 cal sports drinks.

I lost 20 lbs...

Rain Man
11-03-2017, 09:27 AM
I did a 10 day fast with no food and only water, vitamins, and 0 cal sports drinks.

I lost 20 lbs...

Did you die?

Rain Man
11-03-2017, 09:28 AM
Day 3 begins. 191.6 and 23.8 are my stats. I figured I'd be down a bit, so I'm wrinkling my nose.

I think Halloween is wreaking havoc with the early days of this experiment. But I've still got 28 more days.

Ragged Robin
11-03-2017, 01:10 PM
But tinyevel's rules say 'water'. Flavored water is against the rules. (Plus, I can't stand flavored water. Whenever a waitress brings me a glass of water with a lemon in it, I scowl and take the lemon out.)

Just a tip for the guys who absolutely can't stand plain water or need something to stave off the sweet tooth, the mixer is pretty negligible calorie-wise. Doesn't do it for some people but I love the stuff.

I quit soda and fast food over a decade ago. I'll still eat out at a restaurant once or twice on the weekend though. I can't really imagine drinking soda or juice on a frequent, daily basis. Seems pretty crazy to me, especially in combination with fast food. Lately I've been guilty of drinking ~2 energy drinks a week (I know, they're ****ing terrible for you) because I prefer something more refreshing than coffee mid-day on the weekend but I've also been biking 10 hours a week for the last 4 years so I figure I can get away with a little junk here or there.

BWillie
11-03-2017, 04:58 PM
To you guys needing energy, try modafinil. Its outstanding. Very very few health effects can be found. Taking that instead of drinking soda everyday or energy drinks is waay better for you

LiveSteam
11-03-2017, 05:23 PM
Did you ever wet the bed?

lewdog
11-03-2017, 06:27 PM
I am drinking only my own urine ALL THE TIME.

I heard on Dr. Oz that it will cleanse me. Cleanse......whatever that means.

cooper barrett
11-04-2017, 03:17 AM
I am drinking only my own urine ALL THE TIME.

I heard on Dr. Oz that it will cleanse me. Cleanse......whatever that means.

Cleanse: The new moist

HemiEd
11-04-2017, 06:49 AM
Great thread Tiny, some good ideas and points in here.

Last November 21, I hit that number (240) I was never going to hit. For me, it is all about calories, so I log them all on sparkpeople. I am very close to making my goal of getting below 200 by the one year.

Eliminated potatoes and dairy, lots of brown rice, black beans and lean meat. No fast except on a special occasion.

Rain Man
11-04-2017, 09:36 AM
Starting Day 4. 190.4 and 24.0. Down a little bit on weight. The next challenge is that I am traveling for 9 straight days now. I can't track my weight and will be eating out a lot. But I will continue the Tinyevel program.

BWillie
11-04-2017, 11:54 AM
Starting day 1 of 30 drinking NO WATER at all. Going to drink 3 energy drinks a day, shark piss, seven cans of Busch Light, and a pork lard smoothie. Really want to ensure my piss burns when it comes out and is a nice dark neon yellow.

Current weight 185.22. I'll let you know how it goes.

Imon Yourside
11-04-2017, 12:10 PM

I lost 20 lbs...

Man that's rough, I always wanted to do a fast but don't have the balls to do it longer than say 36 hours, which I blame being too busy to notice i'm starving on. I've heard you can reset to your ideal body weight and eliminate most toxins doing that as well as curing such things as diabetes.

lewdog
11-04-2017, 12:57 PM
Man that's rough, I always wanted to do a fast but don't have the balls to do it longer than say 36 hours, which I blame being too busy to notice i'm starving on. I've heard you can reset to your ideal body weight and eliminate most toxins doing that as well as curing such things as diabetes.

Totally false and not true. You don't need to "cleanse" your body. No one does. Start eating better foods and limit sugar. You shouldn't be drinking things with sugar in them anyway. Dropping excess bodyfat is the best thing you can do for your health (no you don't need to fast to do this).

Your body can cleanse itself, they are called the liver and kidneys, and in healthy adults they work constantly.

stumppy
11-04-2017, 01:08 PM
To you guys needing energy, try modafinil. Its outstanding. Very very few health effects can be found. Taking that instead of drinking soda everyday or energy drinks is waay better for you

Schedule IV controlled substance? Is it available OTC?

BWillie
11-04-2017, 01:24 PM
Schedule IV controlled substance? Is it available OTC?

Buy it on the internet from India.

Or go to your doctor and convince them you have shift work sleep disorder.

I have no idea why this drug isn't more readily given out in the USA. It's safe, effective, and WAAAAY healthier than adderall, soda or energy drinks. Probably something to do with profit margins with USA pharma.

There is even evidence that modafinil can enhance memory & cognition in healthy individuals and treat or mitigate Alzheimers from developing.

HemiEd
11-05-2017, 06:23 AM
Totally false and not true. You don't need to "cleanse" your body. No one does. Start eating better foods and limit sugar. You shouldn't be drinking things with sugar in them anyway. Dropping excess bodyfat is the best thing you can do for your health (no you don't need to fast to do this).

Your body can cleanse itself, they are called the liver and kidneys, and in healthy adults they work constantly.

Truth. If only I could convince my bride of this, she buys the marketing of the cleanse stuff.

DRU
11-05-2017, 10:46 AM
I've been drinking nothing but water (well, mostly) for about 5 years now. Best change I ever made. I used to drink about a 12 pack of Dr. Pepper every day. I don't know how the hell I ever did that. Crazy.

Now, nothing tastes better to me than a glass of ice cold water. If I ever have a headache or feel tired or sore in some way, I just slug a tall glass of water and it makes me feel better again.

If I do take a sip of soda now I can instantly feel a giant sugar rush, and it just tastes like I'm drinking syrup.

I definitely back the water only routine.

Imon Yourside
11-05-2017, 11:38 AM

I've seen people cured from fasting, and Jesus did it good enough for me.

lewdog
11-05-2017, 11:54 AM
I've seen people cured from fasting, and Jesus did it good enough for me.

Cured of what exactly?

And science wasn't exactly great in the day of Jesus.

RunKC
11-05-2017, 12:03 PM
Underlying problem here is probably sugar, right?

When I significantly cut sugar down and followed a low/medium glycemic diet by mostly giving up soda and bakery items, my entire body changed. I remember it took 11 days to start really feeling the effects, but it was like my body was thanking me in some weird way.

I slept better. I had more energy throughout the entire day. I never felt too high or too low.

I would recommend that to anybody, and switching to water is the best way IMO.

BWillie
11-05-2017, 06:19 PM
Underlying problem here is probably sugar, right?

When I significantly cut sugar down and followed a low/medium glycemic diet by mostly giving up soda and bakery items, my entire body changed. I remember it took 11 days to start really feeling the effects, but it was like my body was thanking me in some weird way.

I slept better. I had more energy throughout the entire day. I never felt too high or too low.

I would recommend that to anybody, and switching to water is the best way IMO.

No, not necessarily.

http://www.newsmax.com/Health/Diet-And-Fitness/diet-drink-health-sugar/2015/12/14/id/705796/

http://www.health.com/health/gallery/0,,20739512,00.html#it-may-hurt-your-heart-0

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3835029/Why-diet-soda-NOT-better-regular-soda-Low-calorie-drinks-just-likely-cause-obesity-heart-disease-manipulating-brain.html

https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/new-concerns-about-diet-sodas

Rain Man
11-13-2017, 03:59 PM

I'm on Day 13 now. I'm at 192.2 pounds and 22.7 percent fat.

However, keep in mind that I spent the last 9 days on the road. Usually when I do a four-day road trip my weight will temporarily bounce up 2-3 pounds due to eating at restaurants every day. The fact that I'm up less than a pound after that much time on the road is actually a big win, and I suspect it'll go down pretty quickly. My fat is also notably down.

My only failure was drinking some fruit juice yesterday (100% - no sugar), and I hang my head in shame that I had a Dr. Pepper last night when I got home from the airport. I had some in the fridge and lost my strength. But that's only one in 13 days and I'm back on the wagon.

GloryDayz
11-15-2017, 07:46 AM
What are smoothies considered?

GloryDayz
11-15-2017, 07:48 AM
And... Is adding lemon to the water cheating?

Rain Man
12-01-2017, 09:12 AM
Okay, reporting back in. I just spent the last 30 days drinking nothing but water.

Well, water, 11 sodas, and about a quart of fruit juice. (The fruit juice was in my fridge already and I hated to waste it.)

I was doing really well until Thanksgiving, having only two sodas from Nov 1 to Nov 22. But I fell off the wagon hard over the long weekend, having about 7 sodas then and another 3 this last week. It's been a tough week. However, I've been drinking 30 to 35 sodas per month on average, so it was still progress.

Here are my key stats:

Nov 1 starting weight and fat% - 191.4 and 24.1
Nov 22 low before succumbing to the sweet succubus of soda - 188.2 and 23.2
Dec 1 ending weight - 190.2 and 23.4

I'm going to do this again. I was making good progress for most of the month.

MrGiggity
12-01-2017, 10:52 AM
Okay, reporting back in. I just spent the last 30 days drinking nothing but water.

Well, water, 11 sodas, and about a quart of fruit juice. (The fruit juice was in my fridge already and I hated to waste it.)

I was doing really well until Thanksgiving, having only two sodas from Nov 1 to Nov 22. But I fell off the wagon hard over the long weekend, having about 7 sodas then and another 3 this last week. It's been a tough week. However, I've been drinking 30 to 35 sodas per month on average, so it was still progress.

Here are my key stats:

Slow progress is better than no progress. I am right around the same weight 193.0 today on the scale. I know we talked briefly in my no pop/soda thread, but after the first week I have had no urges, I stopped on Halloween. I'm not going to allow myself even one, because that's when I tend to fall off the wagon. I have lost roughly 4-5 pounds in the month of November. Considering I had a road trip to KC and several Thanksgiving dinners, I consider that a win. I am going to shoot for 7-8 pounds this month. We shall see.

Rain Man
12-01-2017, 11:05 AM
Slow progress is better than no progress. I am right around the same weight 193.0 today on the scale. I know we talked briefly in my no pop/soda thread, but after the first week I have had no urges, I stopped on Halloween. I'm not going to allow myself even one, because that's when I tend to fall off the wagon. I have lost roughly 4-5 pounds in the month of November. Considering I had a road trip to KC and several Thanksgiving dinners, I consider that a win. I am going to shoot for 7-8 pounds this month. We shall see.

Okay, let's do this. I'm in for December. Cold turkey may be impossible for me, but I can maintain a reduced consumption, and I really need to lose ten pounds.

MrGiggity
12-01-2017, 11:07 AM
Okay, let's do this. I'm in for December. Cold turkey may be impossible for me, but I can maintain a reduced consumption, and I really need to lose ten pounds.

Do what you gotta do! Crystal Light with caffeine has been a god-send for me. It is 10 cal per packet but it is a good pick me up.

Mennonite
12-02-2017, 09:28 PM
Starting this tomorrow. Too fat. Gotta do something.

Tombstone RJ
12-02-2017, 09:39 PM
Coke Zero

listopencil
12-02-2017, 10:45 PM

Hey. I just saw this Dr. Pepper ribs recipe:

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3so1Ac2Evjg" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen="" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Rain Man
01-01-2018, 02:26 PM

Here are my key stats:

Hell's bells. As of January 1...

192.0 and 23.4

I've got to get this under control. It wouldn't take a whole lot of discipline to lose 10 pounds.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-02-2018, 01:50 AM
Hey. I just saw this Dr. Pepper ribs recipe:

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3so1Ac2Evjg" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen="" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0"></iframe>

It's really good.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-02-2018, 01:59 AM

This is absolutely terrible advice.

Modafinil is an inducer of CYP3A4, and thus, interacts with several other medications, which could drop an unsuspecting person's levels. It also should be cautiously used, if at all, in people with certain heart and psych issues. That's not to speak of the side effects from regular use.

This also assumes that the website you're ordering it from actually has GMP and is giving you what you think you're getting.