PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Derrick Johnson

TLO
11-05-2017, 08:20 PM
Is it feasible at this point to play Ragland and Ramik Wilson at MLB? DJ is one of my all time favorite Chiefs, but the guy simply doesn't have it anymore.

jspchief
11-05-2017, 08:21 PM
Is it feasible at this point to play Ragland and Ramik Wilson at MLB? DJ is one of my all time favorite Chiefs, but the guy simply doesn't have it anymore.Sign me up. Love DJ but it's time to move on.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

KCrockaholic
11-05-2017, 08:21 PM
The had a series where it was just Ragland and KPL. DJ is just a body at this point on the field.

I was surprised to see Tamba actually looked ok still. Like he wasn't horrible at least.

carcosa
11-05-2017, 08:22 PM
Cut his moldy old ass!!!!

TLO
11-05-2017, 08:22 PM
The had a series where it was just Ragland and KPL. DJ is just a body at this point on the field.

It's sad, really. I love DJ, but the speed and acceleration that once made him a great LB is now gone.

TLO
11-05-2017, 08:33 PM

I was surprised to see Tamba actually looked ok still. Like he wasn't horrible at least.

KPL and Ragland would be fine too. They can't be any worse than DJ at this point.

kcchiefsus
11-05-2017, 08:34 PM
I honestly wish one of the other teams in the division was beasting so we wouldn't have some false hope that winning the division would mean anything. I'd rather be at 3-6 and giving young guys (what few young guys we have) some playing time. Put Ragland in as the thumper and rotate KPL and Eligwe at the other ILB spot. Put in Mahomes and let him take his bumps and bruises this year.

KCrockaholic
11-05-2017, 08:35 PM
Ragland is getting better. So I'm happy to see that.

Bwana
11-05-2017, 09:06 PM
Yep, I have always respected him and I've enjoyed watching him play, but it's painfully obvious that he has lost a step.

TEX
11-05-2017, 09:08 PM
Yep, I have always respected him and I've enjoyed watching him play, but it's painfully obvious that he has lost a step.

or two...

KChiefs1
11-05-2017, 09:09 PM
Sadly he's finished.

I think we'll see Ragland & KPL starting after the bye.

TEX
11-05-2017, 09:10 PM
I honestly wish one of the other teams in the division was beasting so we wouldn't have some false hope that winning the division would mean anything. I'd rather be at 3-6 and giving young guys (what few young guys we have) some playing time. Put Ragland in as the thumper and rotate KPL and Eligwe at the other ILB spot. Put in Mahomes and let him take his bumps and bruises this year.

Not me. I'd rather be right where we are at 6-3 on TOP of the division and give some of the young guys playing time.

I can wait another season for Mahomes.

Chief Roundup
11-05-2017, 09:11 PM
Ragland and Eligwe from here on out. We are not doing anything this year.

scho63
11-05-2017, 09:13 PM
Derrick Johnson thread # 207

Chiefs Moon
11-05-2017, 09:15 PM
Sadly he's finished.

I think we'll see Ragland & KPL starting after the bye.

Hope you are right.

ChiefAshhole1056
11-05-2017, 10:49 PM
DJ should be playing the thumper role at this point. Let him take out the blockers and fill the gaps and allow KPL to play the typical DJ role. Ragland needs to be completely learn this position before he gets more playing time. It is evident he doesn’t know his role fully quite yet. You can see DJ consistently directing him where to go before the play.

KCrockaholic
11-05-2017, 10:52 PM
DJ never has and never will be a guy who takes on blockers for others to fill gaps. He didn't do it at Texas, never done it in KC. He's purely a knifer looking to cut a gap, he doesn't necessarily like contact

BigRedChief
11-05-2017, 10:53 PM
Dupe thread :)

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=311193

Best22
11-05-2017, 10:56 PM
DJ should be playing the thumper role at this point. Let him take out the blockers and fill the gaps and allow KPL to play the typical DJ role. Ragland needs to be completely learn this position before he gets more playing time. It is evident he doesn’t know his role fully quite yet. You can see DJ consistently directing him where to go before the play.

He's no "thumper"

PAChiefsGuy
11-05-2017, 10:58 PM
He should be benched. The guy is done. Don't know why he has not been benched yet.

Hammock Parties
11-05-2017, 11:01 PM
He should be benched. The guy is done. Don't know why he has not been benched yet.

Out of respect.

The Chiefs know they are not winning shit.

This season is just a victory lap for the "regular season champs, 2013-2017" dynasty.

ChiefAshhole1056
11-05-2017, 11:06 PM
He’s the biggest I’ve ever seen him be and his speed/explosion is a fraction of what it typically is, this isn’t the DJ you’re accustomed to seeing. His biggest and probably only strength at this point is his recognition of scheme and responsibilities, but he is not capable of making the plays in his traditional role so we need to put him somewhere that he can. I believe that role is as a thumper where he is the one clogging up traffic now that he isn’t capable of being the one making plays.

kcxiv
11-05-2017, 11:07 PM
Remember when we used to see DJ fly through holes and make amazing tackles? I dont recall him doing that not once this year. he might have, but i dont recall itl

Kinda sad when such a good player falls to getting older. Sucks to watch.

kcxiv
11-05-2017, 11:09 PM
Dupe thread :)

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=311193

And there will be many more. This team is free falling. The more you see them play, the more you see the lack of talent everywhere on the defense.

Chiefshrink
11-05-2017, 11:12 PM
And there will be many more. This team is free falling. The more you see them play, the more you see the lack of talent everywhere on the defense.

BINGO !!

KCrockaholic
11-05-2017, 11:15 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/A6S15it4Mqw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

PAChiefsGuy
11-05-2017, 11:17 PM
Remember when we used to see DJ fly through holes and make amazing tackles? I dont recall him doing that not once this year. he might have, but i dont recall itl

Kinda sad when such a good player falls to getting older. Sucks to watch.

It happens to every NFL player. You can't beat age. Point is when it happens our coaches need to put sentiment to the side and bench him. I love DJ and I appreciate everything he has done for the Chiefs but the guy should not be starting.

Unless he is doing things I don't know about like making audibles and things like that then OK keep him out there but train someone else to do it to get this guy off the field. Physically, like you said, he just doesn't have it anymore.

JohnnyV13
11-05-2017, 11:56 PM
The only remaining hope is DJ is trying to play 7 months after an injury that usually takes a full year to rehab.

Last time he came back from his Achilles, he had 11 months to condition. There's a slim hope that he might find a last gasp of talent around December and going into the playoffs.

MAYBE.

But, that's grasping at straws. I'll believe it when I see it.

Toad
11-06-2017, 09:17 AM
Chiefs leading tacklers to date from CBS stats:

Sorenson 39 tackles (ranked 29th in the league)
Parker 38 tackles (ranked 34th in the league)
Mitchell 34 tackles (ranked 50th in the league)
Houston 30 tackles (ranked 80th in the league)
DJ 28 tackles (ranked 112th in the league)

3.1 tackles per game from our Will MLB ain't gonna cut it.

TLO
11-06-2017, 12:39 PM
Chiefs leading tacklers to date from CBS stats:

Sorenson 39 tackles (ranked 29th in the league)
Parker 38 tackles (ranked 34th in the league)
Mitchell 34 tackles (ranked 50th in the league)
Houston 30 tackles (ranked 80th in the league)
DJ 28 tackles (ranked 112th in the league)

3.1 tackles per game from our Will MLB ain't gonna cut it.

And the only reason that Sorensen and Parker are making so many tackles is because RB's are gashing this piss poor front 7.

Deberg_1990
12-17-2017, 08:55 AM
He couldn't even cover old ass Antonio Gates last night. Although, there was zero pressure on Rivers during that TD play.

What's everyone's thoughts on his play last night?

Black Bob
12-17-2017, 08:59 AM
He couldn't even cover old ass Antonio Gates last night. Although, there was zero pressure on Rivers during that TD play.

I think he's done. He missed an easy tackle that led to a long run too. I don't think he would have been in the game for the Gates TD if Pierre-Louis hadn't gotten hurt earlier. Pierre-Louis's role is underrated imo. We need him.

Reerun_KC
12-17-2017, 09:00 AM
He’s old, slow, few years past his effectiveness.

InChiefsHeaven
12-17-2017, 09:03 AM
I don't think he's got the effectiveness he used to by a long shot. His value is in his brains and leadership. But man, he's pretty much a liability on the field now. Is he going to cause us to lose? Meh, maybe. He's done after this season though.

OKchiefs
12-17-2017, 09:06 AM
I didn't watch the whole game, but it looks like they're back to playing DJ over Ragland. Makes no sense.

Rasputin
12-17-2017, 09:07 AM
It would be sweet if we could send him off in the Sun Set with a Super Bowl victory but we wont because Chiefs.

Reerun_KC
12-17-2017, 09:09 AM
He maybe showing some young bucks the ropes and mentoring them but his tank is empty and doesn’t have any flyers.

/clicheCP

Rasputin
12-17-2017, 09:09 AM
I'll never forget his tackle at TC i went too of one of those giant foam donuts. It was text book tackle like he did against that WR Raitart last week.

CoMoChief
12-17-2017, 09:24 AM
He had a hard time containing backside help on those underneath routes. Was getting burnt pretty bad there. Really got his ass burnt on the Gates TD.

One of my alltime favorite Chiefs. Will never forget the day he was drafted, the day the Detroit Lions took another 1st rd WR and I knew DJ would fall to KC if CAR didn't stand in the way, and they took Thomas Davis me and my buddies jumped out of our chairs cheering b/c we both loved the dude in college, he was a badass.

But father time catches up w/ even the best ones. He's clearly lost a step....big time.

Buehler445
12-17-2017, 09:31 AM
Yeah. When you’re slower than Gates it is time.

He still made a couple nice stops in the short pass game and run game but his speed which was elite for a LONG time is gone.

Rausch
12-17-2017, 09:32 AM
He had a hard time containing backside help on those underneath routes. Was getting burnt pretty bad there. Really got his ass burnt on the Gates TD.

Flat out - He's no longer a coverage LB. He's purely a 2 down guy.

One of my alltime favorite Chiefs. Will never forget the day he was drafted, the day the Detroit Lions took another 1st rd WR and I knew DJ would fall to KC if CAR didn't stand in the way, and they took Thomas Davis me and my buddies jumped out of our chairs cheering b/c we both loved the dude in college, he was a badass.

It was a great day.

But father time catches up w/ even the best ones. He's clearly lost a step....big time.

He has, and again, just a 2 down LB now.

He's still solid vs. the run and EXCELLENT at reading the play. He can still spot the gap and explode straight line to make a tackle for a loss...

Ragged Robin
12-17-2017, 10:35 AM

Don't put our LBs in man coverage inside the 15

IowaHawkeyeChief
12-17-2017, 10:36 AM

Glad you were never my team mate in any sport... :facepalm:

tmax63
12-17-2017, 10:54 AM
With today's fad of RPO, any time the other team sees DJ on the field there's a pretty good chance that DJ will be forced into coverage especially if the other team has a quality TE. That said he's still been a warrior for the Chiefs for a long time and deserves all the respect given him.

Easy 6
12-17-2017, 10:58 AM

That looked awful, Gates is anything but fast at this point and he left DJ in the dust

The man has been an exemplary Chief, but its time to hang' em up

hitchief
12-17-2017, 11:42 AM

He gives effort that's for sure.

His heart is still in it but his legs are not. Its painful to watch him chase TE's and RB's, he is at least 2 steps slow every time. If I was say Belichick, I'd target him with Gronk over and over and just kill us.

Rausch
12-17-2017, 11:45 AM
The man has been an exemplary Chief, but its time to hang' em up

Shut your MOUF!:cuss: