PDA

View Full Version : Football What are the chances of Andrew Luck becoming a donk?

PunkinDrublic
11-15-2017, 10:36 PM
I’m not familiar with the extent of his injury or what his contract situation is with Indy. Not sure what Denver’s cap room is, not that it ever mattered to those cheating bastards. I’m deeply concerned Elway will use the same charm offensive he used to get Peyton Manning to come to Denver seeing as how horseface and Luck have the Stanford connection. Am I being paranoid for thinking that Elway could find a way to bring Luck to Denver and revive his career? We already know Elway is desperate for a QB.

carcosa
11-15-2017, 10:41 PM
HELL NO!!!!!!

RealSNR
11-15-2017, 10:46 PM
Why the fuck would Indy trade him?

Dumb question. If Luck is fine, they're not trading him, and if he's got perma AIDS, what the fuck does it matter if Denver has him or not?

There's no charm involved. Indy is relying on Luck as their franchise QB. They're not going to cut him, and they're not going to fucking trade him.

Easy 6
11-15-2017, 10:49 PM
Currently on a guaranteed 87 million through 2021 contract with Indy

Chances are slim, but if Elway is willing to sell his soul for star power, who knows

Easy 6
11-15-2017, 10:56 PM
Why the **** would Indy trade him?

Dumb question. If Luck is fine, they're not trading him, and if he's got perma AIDS, what the **** does it matter if Denver has him or not?

There's no charm involved. Indy is relying on Luck as their franchise QB. They're not going to cut him, and they're not going to ****ing trade him.

Just stabbing in the dark for the threads sake here, but...

San Diego thought Brees had perma-aids, and look how that turned out

PunkinDrublic
11-15-2017, 10:59 PM
Why the **** would Indy trade him?

Dumb question. If Luck is fine, they're not trading him, and if he's got perma AIDS, what the **** does it matter if Denver has him or not?

There's no charm involved. Indy is relying on Luck as their franchise QB. They're not going to cut him, and they're not going to ****ing trade him.

Well that’s why I asked. I didn’t know what his contract situation in Indy was or if Luck was unhappy with the GMs incompetence and wanted out. We all thought Manning’s injuries made him AIDS and look what happened. It usually ends up as us Chiefs fans getting fucked in the ass. That’s why I think every bad scenario for us is always a possiblity.

RealSNR
11-15-2017, 11:08 PM
Just stabbing in the dark for the threads sake here, but...

San Diego thought Brees had perma-aids, and look how that turned out
What? No. Not even close.

Phillip Rivers at #5 overall, dude. He was already drafted and on the team before the Chargers saw any kind of consistently good QB play out of Brees, and it was for only a single season at that. They got rid of him because they had a franchise guy in the wings and had never seen Brees play well beyond one season.

Andrew Luck is basically the exact opposite situation of Brees.

RealSNR
11-15-2017, 11:12 PM
If you want a halfway comparable situation to the Colts parting ways with Luck, think Jake Plummer getting traded to Denver. Arizona not only got Plummer killed multiple times, but they were also just tired of his shitty ways and trying to work around his shortcomings. Bonus points for matching the Denver destination in both scenarios, too.

Only problem is of course... Andrew Luck is Andrew Luck and Jake Plummer was... well... Jake fucking Plummer.

notorious
11-15-2017, 11:22 PM
The Colts let a prime Peyton Manning go when he was supposedly injured.

I wouldn't be surprised one bit if Denver ended up with Luck.

BossChief
11-15-2017, 11:24 PM
If Ballard trades Luck to Denver, Lucks shoulder is probably permafucked.

Lucks shoulder wouldn’t make it 8 games in Denver.

notorious
11-15-2017, 11:26 PM
If Ballard trades Luck to Denver, Lucks shoulder is probably perma****ed.

Lucks shoulder wouldn’t make it 8 games in Denver.

And Manning was going to break his neck, right?

BossChief
11-15-2017, 11:35 PM

Wade Phillips ain’t walking through that door, bud.

I’d rather see them trade a bunch of picks for the ghost of Andrew Luck with a huge guaranteed price tag than draft a QB in the first.

In this division, somebody would probably keep his right arm as a momento.

TimBone
11-15-2017, 11:36 PM
The Colts let a prime Peyton Manning go when he was supposedly injured.

I wouldn't be surprised one bit if Denver ended up with Luck.That's because they knew they had Luck.

RealSNR
11-15-2017, 11:45 PM

Say it with me.

Young franchise QB. Andrew Luck. Dominance and brilliance for ANOTHER goddamn 15+ seasons if you cut bait with Frankenstein.

Teams NEVER get rid of league-dominating franchise QBs just for fucking shits. There is ALWAYS another franchise QB ALREADY ON THE ROSTER or ready to be imminently acquired. Can anybody name a single instance where a team had a great thing going at QB and then they just said, "Fuck it, we're done here" without bothering to ensure they have a future franchise guy as the replacement?

Like I said, Arizona traded Jake Plummer when they had nothing, and Jake Plummer wasn't exactly a franchise QB for them. Can you think of any other instance?

I mean... the Bears letting Jay Cutler walk? We have to scrape the bottom of the barrel in terms of QB talent to find such an instance.

RealSNR
11-15-2017, 11:49 PM
You guys want to know the best example I can think of where a team got rid of a franchise QB just to get rid of him?

Elvis Grbac.

Yeah, no kidding. Remember that 2000 season where he threw for 4000+ yards and had some damn fine stats? Rainbows to Tony G and Derrick Alexander all day long, baby. Alexander had a fucking OUTSTANDING year for a WR.

And we just let him walk. Period. No questions asked. I mean, we were trying to arrange a Trent Green trade, but that wasn't guaranteed, and it was at least a month or so AFTER Grbac had signed with Baltimore that we finally got the trade deal done for Green.

TribalElder
11-15-2017, 11:50 PM
They will pick high round receivers for luck next year

NWTF
11-15-2017, 11:58 PM
Id say slim, but probably better than all other teams except for the Colts retaining him.

RealSNR
11-16-2017, 12:00 AM
I realize that Denver constantly falls ass over tea kettle into this fucking shit when it comes to QBs, but some of you need to get ahold of yourselves. Just.. think this out a little bit. These QBs come from other teams, who have to make these decisions regarding these QBs. They have to do what's best for their own team. In what fucking scenarios does trading away their franchise QB with NO OTHER franchise guys available to them make sense for doing right by the team?

Yeah, Elway might shove more horseshoes up his ass and get lucky at finding another QB. More than likely that will come through blind luck. A trade for some douche on the Browns who ends up being really good or something like that.

Andrew Luck is NOT going to be an option for Denver unless he's legitimately dead. Hell, the Vikings have Case Keenum playing well right now and they can't wait to get their QB with an exploded knee back on the field. And that guy's not NEARLY as good as Luck. Indy's not just going to give up on Luck.

And you can shut the fuck up about Cousins, Brees, and all those other guys too. What sense does it make for those teams to let those players go?

Reerun_KC
11-16-2017, 12:53 AM
Deal is done?

BossChief
11-16-2017, 01:03 AM
25 picks in his last 22 starts and will almost definitely lose a little arm strength after shoulder surgery
59% completion % career
Has missed 24 games the last 3 seasons
Shoulder injury could be a career ender.

Who cares about Andrew Luck?

If Denver gets him, they will pay a stupid amount of draft capitol for him and he won’t be worth it.

That shit team is already gonna have to take half the defense to the pawn shop to get other areas back to adequate...

Red Dawg
11-16-2017, 05:18 AM
Ballard trading Luck is crazy unless he's convinced his shoulder can't be fixed and will never be fixed. If he did it would not happen in 18. He would have to see real action to make a decision.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-16-2017, 07:01 AM
I always knew that Denver would one day reap it, but I never imagined that Johnboy Elfraud would be the person commanding the sinking ship.

If that isn't justice. I don't know what the hell is.

ChiliConCarnage
11-16-2017, 07:03 AM
0.05%

Mile High Mania
11-16-2017, 08:49 AM
This guy suggest the same... http://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2017/10/24/denver-broncos-andrew-luck-trade-trevor-siemian-colts/

And, this --> https://www.metro.us/sports/andrew-luck-nfl-trade-rumors-49ers-broncos-eyeing-the-qb

O.city
11-16-2017, 08:51 AM
Have you guys watched and been fans of th chiefs for long?

Of course it's gonna happen

alpha_omega
11-16-2017, 08:54 AM
"suck for luck" sure seems like a long time ago.

slim to none.

staylor26
11-16-2017, 08:58 AM
Have you guys watched and been fans of th chiefs for long?

Of course it's gonna happen

Lol no it’s not

Mile High Mania
11-16-2017, 09:40 AM
At this rate, Denver is staring at a top 5 pick... they can just take a QB there. Why send a king's ransom over for Luck if there are 1-2 guys that could fall to them and worth the pick?

O.city
11-16-2017, 09:45 AM
At this rate, Denver is staring at a top 5 pick... they can just take a QB there. Why send a king's ransom over for Luck if there are 1-2 guys that could fall to them and worth the pick?

Because if he's healthy, he'd be better than anything they could find in the draft

Rasputin
11-16-2017, 09:45 AM
I really don't think Andrew Luck wants to follow wherever Peyton Manning continued his career. I could be wrong but he needs make a name for himself out of his shadow in Indy.

RunKC
11-16-2017, 09:48 AM
The more likely scenario is Denver taking a QB in the draft that's a known. Josh Rosen and Sam Darnold are good QB prospects and John Lynch is great friends with John Elway.

I hope like hell that Darnold stays in school and Rosen goes to Cleveland 1st overall, because SF will have the 2nd or 3rd pick and now that they have Garappolo, they will absolutely trade with Denver and accumulate more picks.

Mile High Mania
11-16-2017, 09:52 AM
The more likely scenario is Denver taking a QB in the draft that's a known. Josh Rosen and Sam Darnold are good QB prospects and John Lynch is great friends with John Elway.

I hope like hell that Darnold stays in school and Rosen goes to Cleveland 1st overall, because SF will have the 2nd or 3rd pick and now that they have Garappolo, they will absolutely trade with Denver and accumulate more picks.

I like how that plays out...

The Franchise
11-16-2017, 10:46 AM
Denver's best hope is throwing the bank at Cousins. Luck isn't headed to Denver.

TimeForWasp
11-16-2017, 12:48 PM
ZeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeRoooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww