PDA

View Full Version : KSU Bill Snyder Ruined The Future Of K-State Football

Titty Meat
11-16-2017, 02:51 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/kansas-state/article184976418.html

LMAO Leavitt was a damn good coach at USF and the reason why Colorado turned it around last year as the DC and went to shit when he left. Instead K-State will hire Snyder's unqualified son.

TLO
11-16-2017, 03:08 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CqBqPU2VIAEJCuA.png

/thread

Fish
11-16-2017, 03:11 PM
As much as I admire Bill Snyder, I think this is a huge mistake. I cannot believe he's being allowed to pick his son as successor...

carcosa
11-16-2017, 03:13 PM
ok

Reerun_KC
11-16-2017, 03:13 PM
There’s hope for Kansas now. Bawhahahahaha who am I kidding. KU football sucks ass

DJ's left nut
11-16-2017, 03:17 PM
Leavitt still has an out if K-State comes calling.

And I'd say there's a pretty good chance they do exactly that.

But hey, home/home series against Mizzou in 6 years! So that's fun.

WilliamTheIrish
11-16-2017, 03:19 PM
The future was dead after he let Daniel Sams leave.

ChiliConCarnage
11-16-2017, 03:24 PM
Snyders done so much for that program that he could have all sorts of titles. King isn't one of them though. They've gotta choose who is best to run the program

ptlyon
11-16-2017, 03:26 PM
Had no idea that there was a future for k-state football? 🤔

Trent Green GOAT
11-16-2017, 03:29 PM
It's why John Currie left. Snyder is the boss.

Dayze
11-16-2017, 03:42 PM
I don't see what the big deal is. / KK

mikeyis4dcats.
11-16-2017, 03:46 PM
FWIW Leavitt says this isn't true. Not that I necessarily believe it.

Buehler445
11-16-2017, 04:06 PM
NOPE

Snyder coaches forever. No need to worry about the kid.

Gonzo
11-16-2017, 04:12 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CqBqPU2VIAEJCuA.png

/thread

Writing /thread on your own post is pretentious and conceded. Just saying.

Titty Meat
11-16-2017, 04:38 PM
The future was dead after he let Daniel Sams leave.

The Big 12 is complete garbage. You don't think Jimmy could compete? Hell Matt Campbell and IOWA STATE is.

IowaHawkeyeChief
11-16-2017, 05:18 PM
NOPE

Snyder coaches forever. No need to worry about the kid.

Mr. Burns lives..................

WilliamTheIrish
11-16-2017, 09:21 PM
The Big 12 is complete garbage. You don't think Jimmy could compete? Hell Matt Campbell and IOWA STATE is.

I'm certain Leavitt could compete. I'm saying that the moment DS was left on the bench in favor of Jake Waters, the music died.

I understand why he went with Waters. Had to give baby Lockett enough touches. But Sams would have been a bad ass.

bobbything
11-17-2017, 09:29 AM
The humble good guy act that is the Snyder mythology has been a nice front forever. He's just like every other coach on the planet, though. Arrogant, controlling, and loves to hear the sound of his own voice.

This article doesn't shock me at all.

mikeyis4dcats.
11-17-2017, 02:09 PM
I'm certain Leavitt could compete. I'm saying that the moment DS was left on the bench in favor of Jake Waters, the music died.

I understand why he went with Waters. Had to give baby Lockett enough touches. But Sams would have been a bad ass.

sams was a washout...he had potential, but only as part of a system IMHO.

notorious
11-17-2017, 05:39 PM
KSU football has a future?

jaa1025
11-17-2017, 05:42 PM
There is no chance that Sean Snyder will be coach especially with the way this year has been. This is the last horrah for this entire coaching staff. Leavitt will likely coach. Venables is a dark horse candidate as well. I'd love for Mangino to come back as OC.

Dante84
11-17-2017, 05:59 PM
sams was a washout...he had potential, but only as part of a system IMHO.

Yeah, I was excited about Sams at the time, but after I heard about the home invasion story, I stopped losing sleep over it.

http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2016/08/ex-mcneese_state_qb_daniel_sam.html

Kiimo
11-17-2017, 06:52 PM
If you had any self respect whatsoever you'd wait until Bill Snyder retires and hire the best person for the job.

Or fire him now for trying to cement a legacy like he's a South American dictator.

NWTF
11-17-2017, 07:15 PM
There is no chance that Sean Snyder will be coach especially with the way this year has been. This is the last horrah for this entire coaching staff. Leavitt will likely coach. Venables is a dark horse candidate as well. I'd love for Mangino to come back as OC.

Thats what I think as far a Sean Snyder replacing Bill. If they would have had a good year I could have easily seen it happening with Bill saying everything is in place, but the way this year went I cant see it.

Titty Meat
11-17-2017, 08:26 PM

Venables could be a good coach but I prefer someone who already has experience. Chad Morris IMO would be a great hire. Didnt Mangino get fired at ISU? Think his offense wqs figured out in 2009.

DaneMcCloud
11-17-2017, 08:45 PM
K-State gave Snyder too much power and after he “retires” and his son is named head coach, the program will slink back into nothingness and no coach worth his salt would even consider the job.

Gene Taylor is the program’s only hope.

Otherwise, back to 1-11 they go...

LiveSteam
11-17-2017, 09:50 PM
Chad May

Titty Meat
11-17-2017, 11:05 PM
Chad May

Scott Frost

Buehler445
11-17-2017, 11:05 PM
K-State gave Snyder too much power and after he “retires” and his son is named head coach, the program will slink back into nothingness and no coach worth his salt would even consider the job.

Gene Taylor is the program’s only hope.

Otherwise, back to 1-11 they go...

KU has hope for a B12 win? :PBJ:

11-17-2017, 11:06 PM
They dropped like a rock the last time Snyder retired. I don't see any truly quality coaches wanting to come to KSU.

Coach
11-17-2017, 11:10 PM
They dropped like a rock the last time Snyder retired. I don't see any truly quality coaches wanting to come to KSU.

Actually, Prince was pretty solid. Two issues, in my knowledge, were:

1) Prince's ego got the best of him. He did beat Texas, twice, when they were ranked. But losing to KU and/or Nebraska didn't help his case.

2) Inability to hire good OC and DC after his first year. His first year, his OC was James Franklin (PSU's HC) and DC was Raheem Morris (currently in the NFL). After that, while the offense was decent, he did give us Tibesar and arguably the worst defense in K-State history. Never understood why they switched to a 3-4 defense anyways.

DaneMcCloud
11-17-2017, 11:11 PM

Mark Mangino?

Coach
11-17-2017, 11:19 PM
That being said, I am not on the Sean Snyder bandwagon. If we were to believe that Bill said that Sean has been running this program since 2015, and from 2015 to current, K-State is 20-16.

Not exactly great news, considering you can make a strong argument that K-State facilities is arguably top 30, at worst, and their recruiting strategy is outdated. On top of that, he has never acquired any offensive or defensive coordinator duties, either at a P5 school, or any Head Coach experience at a mid-major, which is another red flag.

If you were to look at his resume, and take the name "Snyder" out, do you see a resume that is head coach material for a P5 school? I do not.

Unfortunately, my guess that the Sean Error is most likely going to happen, because the K-State administration has no balls to even think outside the box or take risks.

Buehler445
11-17-2017, 11:23 PM
Mark Mangino?

Is he even in coaching anymore? Last I knew, he wasn't renewed as ISU's OC.

Coach
11-17-2017, 11:25 PM
Mark Mangino?

I think Mangino is happily retired. Haven't seen him coach any football since he left Iowa State in 2015.

Not to mention, Mangino has a lot of red flags as well. The list below during his time in KU:

- September 21, 2002 at a HS game where he verbally abused the referees in Lawrence.

- The most famous one in 2004, where the "Dollar Signs" between KU and Texas.

- NCAA violations for five major rules violations—including academic fraud—had been committed by some of the football team's student-athletes in 2006.

- The Raimond Pendleton incident.

- A lot of internal investigations was taken against Mangino, which lead to his quiet resignation from KU.

No thank you.

Buehler445
11-17-2017, 11:26 PM
He also wipes his ass with a towel.

Coach
11-17-2017, 11:26 PM
Is he even in coaching anymore? Last I knew, he wasn't renewed as ISU's OC.

He isn't. He last coached as a OC for ISU, but he was relieved of his position by Paul Rhoades in 2015. Of course, Rhoades got canned after that season was over.

11-17-2017, 11:32 PM
Actually, Prince was pretty solid. Two issues, in my knowledge, were:

1) Prince's ego got the best of him. He did beat Texas, twice, when they were ranked. But losing to KU and/or Nebraska didn't help his case.

2) Inability to hire good OC and DC after his first year. His first year, his OC was James Franklin (PSU's HC) and DC was Raheem Morris (currently in the NFL). After that, while the offense was decent, he did give us Tibesar and arguably the worst defense in K-State history. Never understood why they switched to a 3-4 defense anyways.

Ok, they didn't drop like a rock but they definitely became average. In the Big (whatever) average isn't going to cut it.

Coach
11-17-2017, 11:49 PM
Ok, they didn't drop like a rock but they definitely became average. In the Big (whatever) average isn't going to cut it.

And that's my fear of what is exactly going to happen under Sean, if not, maybe worse than average.

Buehler445
11-18-2017, 12:01 AM
And that's my fear of what is exactly going to happen under Sean, if not, maybe worse than average.

They’ve been pretty average since Colin Kline.

11-18-2017, 12:08 AM

The really big problem here, if they hire his son, if he is nothing more than average will they have the guts to fire him?

DaneMcCloud
11-18-2017, 12:16 AM
He also wipes his ass with a towel.

LMAO

My post was facetious

When the gig came open way back in 2012, I was chatting with Manny and said “Dude! You should be the next KU coach!!!”.

He replied “Charlie Weis got the gig”.

If only Manny...

Coach
11-18-2017, 12:29 AM
The really big problem here, if they hire his son, if he is nothing more than average will they have the guts to fire him?

You guess is as good as mine.

Honestly, this whole thing is just a joke. If the KSA decides not to renew his contract or "fired" him, I wouldn't blink an eye. While I understand the possible PR negativity by the "Snyder loyalists", it comes to a point that things just have to end and it's time to move to a different direction.

My preference for the gig would have to be Brent Venables as a clear cut candidate. The reasons why I feel he would be a good choice is as defined below, in no order of importance:

1) He's from Kansas.

2) He's one of the Snyder tree, from 1993 to 1998. I view him more of a Stoops tree, since from 1999 to 2011 where he was a DC in Oklahoma. He's not doing too bad either for Clemson as well.

3) Coordinator experience - The guy has won in all areas in Kansas State, Oklahoma, and Clemson, with Oklahoma and Clemson primarily as a Defensive Coordinator.

4) He's only 46 (turns 47 in December). Oh and he won the Broyles Award in 2016.

I don't know why he hasn't became a head coach yet. Looking at those credentials, it definitely screams HC material. I can only assume that he isn't interested in being a head coach and dealing with politics and/or donors. I also can only assume that he's getting paid $1 million as a DC in Clemson, which is a very chunk of change for a coordinator.

DaneMcCloud
11-18-2017, 01:10 AM
Looking at those credentials, it definitely screams HC material.

A lot of these guys just get tired of moving around and chasing “THE job”.

They have wives and kids and dogs. $1 million per isn’t too shabby to stay in one place, if you can.

Things are different when you’re in your mid 40’s than late 20’s or 30’s.

duncan_idaho
11-18-2017, 07:30 AM
You guess is as good as mine.

Honestly, this whole thing is just a joke. If the KSA decides not to renew his contract or "fired" him, I wouldn't blink an eye. While I understand the possible PR negativity by the "Snyder loyalists", it comes to a point that things just have to end and it's time to move to a different direction.

My preference for the gig would have to be Brent Venables as a clear cut candidate. The reasons why I feel he would be a good choice is as defined below, in no order of importance:

1) He's from Kansas.

2) He's one of the Snyder tree, from 1993 to 1998. I view him more of a Stoops tree, since from 1999 to 2011 where he was a DC in Oklahoma. He's not doing too bad either for Clemson as well.

3) Coordinator experience - The guy has won in all areas in Kansas State, Oklahoma, and Clemson, with Oklahoma and Clemson primarily as a Defensive Coordinator.

4) He's only 46 (turns 47 in December). Oh and he won the Broyles Award in 2016.

I don't know why he hasn't became a head coach yet. Looking at those credentials, it definitely screams HC material. I can only assume that he isn't interested in being a head coach and dealing with politics and/or donors. I also can only assume that he's getting paid $1 million as a DC in Clemson, which is a very chunk of change for a coordinator.

Everything I've seen re: Venables is that he has no desire to be a HC because of everything involved. He prefers being a coordinator.

Unless he has incredible loyalty/connection to Kansas State, I don't see it. He hasn't had any interest in better jobs with more natural advantages.

Coach
11-18-2017, 09:49 PM
Dane and Duncan,

That's why I made the last paragraph comments, which I don't blame Venables for it. I mean, if I get a job where I am suppose to focus on recruiting, X and O's, and coordinate the offense/defense for almost a million a year, and not having to deal with the after-game media and all that heavy lifting (donors, meetings, etc.), I would be: "Where do I sign up"?

Great Expectations
11-18-2017, 09:59 PM
Venables does have a different perspective on career and happiness after his brother’s deal and Austin Box.

He also understands how important recruiting is and has removed himself from contention at KState because of that in the past.

Titty Meat
11-18-2017, 10:17 PM
He's another Bo Pelini. But winning 9 games a year is good at K-State

Great Expectations
11-18-2017, 10:26 PM
You also should remember how pissed Bill was at Stoops for taking his assistants 19 years ago. Then after 2001 Snyder loathed all the OU coaches. I wouldn’t be surprised if Bill was trying to block an uninterested Venables.

WilliamTheIrish
11-19-2017, 08:04 AM
You also should remember how pissed Bill was at Stoops for taking his assistants 19 years ago. Then after 2001 Snyder loathed all the OU coaches. I wouldn’t be surprised if Bill was trying to block an uninterested Venables.

He had a right to be. Announce that right before the Big XII CCG? That was a dick move.

But he set everything right on December 6, 2003 when Snydz let Sproles run wild and destroyed the myth of Stoops and OU. Snydz literally ruined Stoops/his staff/ that night.

"Greatest College Football Team Of All Time".

WilliamTheIrish
11-19-2017, 08:17 AM
Venables got a little of that sine back when he was hired at Clemson. He was once the darling of all coordinators. But he got bumped out of his job by Mike Stoops when he failed at Arizona. (41-50).

Fortunately he fell into a great position at Clemson.

Eleazar
01-03-2018, 02:50 PM
Coming back for another season :)