PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs What if Mahomes fails as an NFL QB?

TLO
11-27-2017, 09:38 PM
I know this isn't something that's pleasant to think about, but I'm curious as to what this franchise would do if Mahomes turns out to be a bust.

Do you think we draft another QB in the first round? Or do we go full CHEFUS and sign a middle of the road Alex Smith type again?

Ideally Mahomes is the QB here for 15 years on his way to multiple SuperBowl titles and the Hall of Fame. That's the dream, anyway.

eDave
11-27-2017, 09:39 PM
Boooooring

loochy
11-27-2017, 09:40 PM
They'll sign a stopgap as a permanent solution again

TLO
11-27-2017, 09:40 PM
Boooooring

I think it's a reasonable discussion to be had. I doubt it actually turns into a reasonable discussion, but it's an intriguing scenario.

BryanBusby
11-27-2017, 09:41 PM
Ideally they would draft another QB and try again.

TLO
11-27-2017, 09:43 PM
Ideally they would draft another QB and try again.

Ideally, yes. But this franchise waited way too long to even TRY taking a QB in the first round.

I pray to the football Gods that Mahomes was worth waiting for.

Best22
11-27-2017, 09:43 PM
What if Alex Smith retires at halftime of the Jets game?

TLO
11-27-2017, 09:44 PM
They'll sign a stopgap as a permanent solution again

Jimmy Gorappalo or however you spell his name will likely be available in a few seasons!!

TLO
11-27-2017, 09:44 PM
What if Alex Smith retires at halftime of the Jets game?

Then our prayers will have been answered, friend.

notorious
11-27-2017, 09:45 PM
They should draft another one until they hit.

Why Not?
11-27-2017, 09:46 PM
By the time Mahomes would be labeled a bust, CJ Beathard should be available via trade from the 49ers. It's kind of our thing.

In58men
11-27-2017, 09:47 PM
Another Mahomes/Smith thread

Fuck yeah!!

hometeam
11-27-2017, 09:48 PM
We will say shit like 'because we are chiefs'

ptlyon
11-27-2017, 09:49 PM
I anticipate a Clark/Reid Deer Hunter scenario

eDave
11-27-2017, 09:51 PM

Fuck yeah!!

https://ih1.redbubble.net/image.22656157.7517/ap,550x550,12x16,1,transparent,t.u1.png

New World Order
11-27-2017, 09:53 PM
CJ Beathard

Hog's Gone Fishin
Mahomes won't bust. He's legit!

TLO

**** yeah!!

Well maybe we can talk about lima beans or you burning your fucking house down instead?

STFU

TLO
11-27-2017, 09:54 PM
https://ih1.redbubble.net/image.22656157.7517/ap,550x550,12x16,1,transparent,t.u1.png

Filter evasion.

Reported.

In58men
11-27-2017, 09:55 PM
Well maybe we can talk about lima beans or you burning your ****ing house down instead?

STFU

Come up with something original next time.

Your thread is fucking shit.

RealSNR
11-27-2017, 09:58 PM
Well, you see, if Mahomes is such a bad NFL QB that they need to move on from him, they have multiple options.

They could:

A. Roll with somebody else on the team they've already acquired
B. Draft a new guy in rounds 1-7 or through undrafted signings
C. Sign a veteran in free agency
D. Trade for somebody
E. Acquire somebody not in the league through the supplemental draft or through one of the semi-pro leagues like the AFL or CFL

The Chiefs will definitely pick one of those options.

Let me know if you have any other questions about how the NFL operates, TLO. I know it can be confusing, but that's why I'm here to help.

TLO
11-27-2017, 09:58 PM

Your thread is ****ing shit.

It's a discussion worth having you pillowbiter. Everyone thinks Mahomes will be great (me included), but nobody has really discussed how much it's going to suck if he isn't.

MMXcalibur
11-27-2017, 09:59 PM
Sign zombie Damon Huard.

TLO
Well, you see, if Mahomes is such a bad NFL QB that they need to move on from him, they have multiple options.

They could:

A. Roll with somebody else on the team they've already acquired
B. Draft a new guy in rounds 1-7 or through undrafted signings
C. Sign a veteran in free agency
D. Trade for somebody
E. Acquire somebody not in the league through the supplemental draft or through one of the semi-pro leagues like the AFL or CFL

The Chiefs will definitely pick one of those options.

Let me know if you have any other questions about how the NFL operates, TLO. I know it can be confusing, but that's why I'm here to help.

Thank you. You seem nice.

Pasta Little Brioni
Big Smoke wasn't a parody. It's slowly leaking out.

TLO
11-27-2017, 10:02 PM

Sorry for trying to open up an intriguing discussion. Please return to your designated food threads at your earliest convenience.

Some of you assholes are truly miserable fucks

Pasta Little Brioni
11-27-2017, 10:03 PM
Just admit it. Weird to fib about it.

TLO
11-27-2017, 10:04 PM

Fib about what?

Simply Red
11-27-2017, 10:06 PM

Your thread is ****ing shit.

Ham Loaf thread is better than any you've ever created STFU beefcake brutus

BigRedChief
11-27-2017, 10:07 PM
Sign zombie Damon Huard.Grbac the Undead has risen. Bring him in for a look?

Simply Red
11-27-2017, 10:08 PM
Fib about what?

Yeah if it wasn't PGM's idea he gets weird - he loved his Biscuit and Gravy thread - just ask him.

TLO
11-27-2017, 10:09 PM
Yeah if it wasn't PGM's idea he gets weird - he loved his Biscuit and Gravy thread - just ask him.

He's an interesting character, but that's ok. He seems nice sometimes.

Simply Red
11-27-2017, 10:10 PM
He's an interesting character, but that's ok. He seems nice sometimes.

oh he's nice and mean - he's a sweet sweet cock

Pasta Little Brioni
11-27-2017, 10:11 PM

Shoneys is the peak of the mountain bud

TLO
11-27-2017, 10:12 PM

If you're talking about Big Smoke being a parody account, then I find that pretty hilarious that anyone still gives that any thought.

Regardless;

Big Smoke would have started a thread with random rap lyrics or about GUNT butter or something. Every thread I've created since taking over this account has been a legitimate conversation topic.

Ming the Merciless
Um

It would be bad?

Gonzo
If he happens to be the next Warren Moon, Dan Marino, Boomer Esiason, Jim Kelly, Donovan Mcnabb, Steve McNair type of failure I’m probably ok with that. However, if he’s the next Matt Leinart, Byron Leftwich, Brady Quinn, Tim Couch, Todd Blackledge type of failure...

Well, enjoy the next 25 years or so of Chiefs mediocrity. I’m checking the fuck out.

I’m so goddamned tired of half-measures with this team. You know, on this subject... How in the fuck can a team like New England do it year after year after year? It’s insanity. Either someone made a goddamned deal with some sort of super-natural being or the fix is in. I refuse to believe that team can do what they’ve done without some sort of deity interfering.

Are you telling me that if Bill Belicheik actually took the Jets job after Parcells retired, we’d be in awe of a qb like Chad Pennington?

No, Satan is a pats fan.

Pasta Little Brioni
oh he's nice and mean - he's a sweet sweet cock

Some would say a bit....bi polar :)

TLO
Um

It would be bad?

How bad?

TLO
11-27-2017, 10:14 PM
If he happens to be the next Warren Moon, Dan Marino, Boomer Esiason, Jim Kelly, Donovan Mcnabb, Steve McNair type of failure I’m probably ok with that. However, if he’s the next Matt Leinart, Byron Leftwich, Brady Quinn, Tim Couch, Todd Blackledge type of failure...

Well, enjoy the next 25 years or so of Chiefs mediocrity. I’m checking the **** out.

I’m so goddamned tired of half-measures with this team. You know, on this subject... How in the **** can a team like New England do it year after year after year? It’s insanity. Either someone made a goddamned deal with some sort of super-natural being or the fix is in. I refuse to believe that team can do what they’ve done without some sort of deity interfering.

Are you telling me that if Bill Belicheik actually took the Jets job after Parcells retired, we’d be in awe of a qb like Chad Pennington?

No, Satan is a pats fan.

Great post.

KCrockaholic
11-27-2017, 10:16 PM
You keep on trying. Give it 3 years then move on. But I'm not at all worried about Mahomes failing. He has the right mental aptitude to be phenomenal. He's not a dumbass like Leaf, Lynch, Manuel type of guys. So he's already ahead of them in that regard. He's a leader.

I think he will have issues with turnovers in the beginning stages of his career, but that won't bother me too much because I know he'll have the ability to make up for them each time too. With Alex, if he turns the ball over, you know there's no chance to survive something like that.

Gonzo
11-27-2017, 10:19 PM
You keep on trying. Give it 3 years then move on. But I'm not at all worried about Mahomes failing. He has the right mental aptitude to be phenomenal. He's not a dumbass like Leaf, Lynch, Manuel type of guys. So he's already ahead of them in that regard. He's a leader. I think he will have issues with turnovers in the beginning stages of his career, but that won't bother me too much because I know he'll have the ability to make up for them each time too. With Alex, if he turns the ball over, you know there's no chance to survive something like that.

Christ. I forgot about Ryan Leaf. Bigger bust than anyone I mentioned.

Simply Red
11-27-2017, 10:20 PM
Um

It would be bad?

yes

KS Smitty
11-27-2017, 10:21 PM
I know this isn't something that's pleasant to think about, but I'm curious as to what this franchise would do if Mahomes turns out to be a bust.

Do you think we draft another QB in the first round? Or do we go full CHEFUS and sign a middle of the road Alex Smith type again?

Ideally Mahomes is the QB here for 15 years on his way to multiple SuperBowl titles and the Hall of Fame. That's the dream, anyway.

How long you been a Chiefs fan? We blew our wad 40+ years ago. Buck up.

Simply Red
11-27-2017, 10:22 PM
Some would say a bit....bi polar :)

Bi_Polar was very short-lived - Phobie slayed him, phil had a hard on for busting my 3 mults, over time. Kyle and Bob Dole let them ride - Oh DaFace and BearCat liked to call me out too. I think most of them were jealous of my food thread creative skills.

jaa1025
11-27-2017, 10:31 PM
He has a zero chance of busting IMO. I've seen enough and heard enough about his demeanor, football smarts, dedication etc.

At worst, he will be an upgrade to Alex Smith.

DaneMcCloud
11-27-2017, 10:53 PM
Jimmy Gorappalo or however you spell his name will likely be available in a few seasons!!

No

DaneMcCloud
11-27-2017, 10:54 PM

Exactly.

It’s fucking bullshit.

carcosa
11-27-2017, 11:02 PM
I am 100% confident that Patrick Mahomes will win multiple MVP awards and be a first ballot Hall of Famer.

Buehler445
11-27-2017, 11:48 PM
By the time Mahomes would be labeled a bust, CJ Beathard should be available via trade from the 49ers. It's kind of our thing.

I hate you.

It’s because you’re right. But I hate you.

Chiefshrink
11-28-2017, 12:08 AM
He fails and we move on.:rolleyes:

But hey at least we picked a QB in the first rd that hasn't happened since 83 !!

KCrockaholic
11-28-2017, 12:11 AM
He fails and we move on.:rolleyes:

But hey at least we picked a QB in the first rd that hasn't happened since 83 !!

Basically this. It's "On to the next" and by next I mean Draft another one. But, I have no fear with Mahomes. I fully believe in him to be great.

wazu
11-28-2017, 12:14 AM
If it happens, just wait 40 years and draft another one.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-28-2017, 12:16 AM
Given his experience level and the amount of molding he needs, it's certainly a possibility, and the likelihood is far greater than a lot of people on here want to admit. However, if it happens, you just throw him in the gutter and go draft another. Conversely, you can sign a veteran retread, win 8-10 games a year, and then talk about how drafting a QB that busts wastes the prime years of your other players (as though the veteran QB isn't doing the same goddamned thing with a lower ceiling).

KCrockaholic
11-28-2017, 12:20 AM
Given his experience level and the amount of molding he needs, it's certainly a possibility, and the likelihood is far greater than a lot of people on here want to admit. However, if it happens, you just throw him in the gutter and go draft another. Conversely, you can sign a veteran retread, win 8-10 games a year, and then talk about how drafting a QB that busts wastes the prime years of your other players (as though the veteran QB isn't doing the same goddamned thing with a lower ceiling).

Yeah but the veteran puts butts in seats for the true fan who just cares about 9 win seasons.

Otter
11-28-2017, 12:23 AM
Chiefsplanet is going to meet at Jonestown for a Kool Aid party I'd imagine.

gold_and_red
11-28-2017, 12:53 AM
Considering what we gave up for him I think he will get one final chance with a new HC unless he proves within the next year to be a Paxton Lynch.
But because Chiefs they will undertake the most circuitous route of finding those difference makers on defense rather than get a shiny new QB!

kcxiv
11-28-2017, 02:28 AM
If he fails, then at least you tried, and then you try again.

Its pretty straightforward.

BigCatDaddy
11-28-2017, 03:13 AM
What if monkeys fly out of my ass?

tredadda
11-28-2017, 04:27 AM

He does have the required pedigree.

Rasputin
11-28-2017, 04:57 AM
He's not going FUCKing bust assholes.

Archie F. Swin
11-28-2017, 05:37 AM
"What if Mahomes fails as an NFL QB?"

then there's nothing new under the sun

Eleazar
11-28-2017, 06:08 AM
The odds are against any QB becoming a long term NFL starter, no matter how talented or highly drafted they are.

BlackHelicopters
11-28-2017, 06:40 AM
I suggested a Mahomes was a bust repeatedly in Sunday's GDT, and I was repeatedly told to fuck off in various ways at least 20-30 times. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but suggesting death and violence on me goes too far. One man, one opinion.

BleedingRed
11-28-2017, 06:53 AM
Then he'll be Alex Smith?

Rasputin
11-28-2017, 07:03 AM
What if Patrick Mahomes II becomes the GOAT of the next decade or two decades? Chiefs Kingdom is too cowardly 🦁 to find out.

MahomesMagic
11-28-2017, 07:07 AM
There is no such thing as a sure thing in the NFL draft at QB with the exceptions of Elway, Peyton and Eli Manning, and Andrew Luck.

Mahomes is a great QB prospect. He checks all the boxes I value for NFL success. Very accurate, quick release, great pocket presence. Throw in the top college production, dedication to football and playmaking under duress and the question to me is not whether he will be a good NFL QB. The question is how great can this kid be? I had him ranked higher than Carson Wentz who was my top QB for 2016.

Red Dawg
11-28-2017, 07:16 AM

How dare you sir. Ban this man!

Molitoth
11-28-2017, 07:18 AM
What if Patrick Mahomes II becomes the GOAT of the next decade or two decades? Chiefs Kingdom is too cowardly 🦁 to find out.

Midwestern Chiefs fans will still hate him because he isn't a good 'ol tough white boy.

Red Dawg
11-28-2017, 07:22 AM
I really think Mahomes will kick ass. He doesn't feel like he's a regular draft pick

Rasputin
11-28-2017, 07:22 AM
There is no such thing as a sure thing in the NFL draft at QB with the exceptions of Elway, Peyton and Eli Manning, and Andrew Luck.

Mahomes is a great QB prospect. He checks all the boxes I value for NFL success. Very accurate, quick release, great pocket presence. Throw in the top college production, dedication to football and playmaking under duress and the question to me is not whether he will be a good NFL QB. The question is how great can this kid be? I had him ranked higher than Carson Wentz who was my top QB for 2016.

God damnit I meant to hit the thumbs up with my thumb on my phone. :thumb:

Patrick is going kick ass in the NFL. I don't see any reason to believe otherwise unless it's his coach holding him back from that success.

Reerun_KC
11-28-2017, 07:54 AM
Midwestern Chiefs fans will still hate him because he isn't a good 'ol tough white boy.

Lots of truth to this.... he does threaten their comfort level and has the potential to crush “hope and noise”.

That won’t set well with guys like the fatty fan gif when drafting fisher.

Rausch
11-28-2017, 07:56 AM
To be fair we wouldn't know until at least two years (and that may be rushing it) after he starts his first game.

But getting him a legit no 2 WR, better pass blockers on the O line, and not abandoning the run would really help him not fail...

KC_Lee
11-28-2017, 08:11 AM
What if Ethan Horton busts?
What if Paul Palmer busts?
What if Trezelle Jenkins busts?
What if Sylvester Morris busts?
What if Ryan Sims busts?
What if Glenn Dorsey busts?
What if Tyson Jackson busts?
What if Jon Baldwin busts?

Dear God I have never seen a more wimpy, whinny, pearl clutching, fainting couch needing fan base when it comes to drafting a QB in the first round and then starting said QB.

Molitoth
11-28-2017, 08:17 AM
What if Ethan Horton busts?
What if Paul Palmer busts?
What if Trezelle Jenkins busts?
What if Sylvester Morris busts?
What if Ryan Sims busts?
What if Glenn Dorsey busts?
What if Tyson Jackson busts?
What if Jon Baldwin busts?

Dear God I have never seen a more wimpy, whinny, pearl clutching, fainting couch needing fan base when it comes to drafting a QB in the first round and then starting said QB.

"Low risk positions, bruh!"

ROFLROFLROFL

Dayze
11-28-2017, 08:21 AM
more scary thought for the homers....

what if Pat is AWESOME?

Too scary to contemplate.

KC_Lee
11-28-2017, 08:28 AM

what if Pat is AWESOME?

Then Clark makes a mint off PM II merch, jerseys, bobble heads, action figures, etc.

staylor26
11-28-2017, 08:34 AM
I suggested a Mahomes was a bust repeatedly in Sunday's GDT, and I was repeatedly told to **** off in various ways at least 20-30 times. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but suggesting death and violence on me goes too far. One man, one opinion.

Posting “Mahomes is a bust” over and over in the GDT clearly just looking for attention with absolutely nothing to back it up and you wonder why you were told to fuck off?

FUCK OFF

Rausch
11-28-2017, 08:35 AM

what if Pat is AWESOME?

He will be...

Black Bob
11-28-2017, 08:56 AM

Honestly, we should expect him to fail - Veach should anyway... Odds are that he will be Jake Locker and not Brett Favre. I hope we keep drafting QBs. I would draft one this year for sure. Just being realistic.

Lzen
11-28-2017, 09:03 AM
It's a legitimate question. One I'm sure that most of us have considered at least a little bit. Still, I don't believe that will happen. Will he be a HOFer? I don't know about that but I have faith that he will be a good pro QB.

If he does turn out to be a bust, you draft a QB again. Keep drafting one until you find "the guy". Will the Chiefs do this? TBD

Rausch
11-28-2017, 09:06 AM
If he does turn out to be a bust, you draft a QB again. Keep drafting one until you find "the guy". Will the Chiefs do this? TBD

That's really the only option...

staylor26
11-28-2017, 09:07 AM
Honestly, we should expect him to fail - Veach should anyway... Odds are that he will be Jake Locker and not Brett Favre. I hope we keep drafting QBs. I would draft one this year for sure. Just being realistic.

:facepalm:

****ing idiot. That Locker comparison you keep throwing around is awful.

Black Bob
11-28-2017, 09:08 AM
I suggested a Mahomes was a bust repeatedly in Sunday's GDT, and I was repeatedly told to **** off in various ways at least 20-30 times. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but suggesting death and violence on me goes too far. One man, one opinion.

I too think he will bust for a number of reasons not worth arguing about. I sincerely hope I'm wrong. I love the Chiefs and would love nothing more than to have a true franchise QB to watch on Sundays.

redfan
11-28-2017, 09:09 AM
If he's a bust, you draft another QB and go from there. A fairly straightforward strategy that the Chiefs seem to be reluctant to try.

Black Bob
11-28-2017, 09:11 AM
:facepalm:

****ing idiot

Why? The reality is first round QBs bust far more often than they succeed. You are the idiot if you want to go all in on Mahommes and stop drafting QBs. You should know better.

Eleazar
11-28-2017, 09:13 AM
The odds are against any QB becoming a long term NFL starter, no matter how talented or highly drafted they are.

To expand on this, the most likely scenario for ANY qb is that they don't work out. There are only about 20 decent QBs in the league, and only about 6-8 that are good enough to win a Super Bowl. Meanwhile, dozens of prospects come out of school every year and are signed to NFL teams.

So, the chance are that Mahomes won't work out. But if he doesn't, you're no worse off than if you spent 5 years with an Alex Smith. Still no Super Bowls.

If 3-4 years go by and he's not maturing, then you start over and draft another. You haven't won the QB lottery but you haven't lost anything. Really. Unless you're a true fan that cares about assuring wild card berths and being 'watchable' or 'competitive' more than anything.

staylor26
11-28-2017, 09:16 AM
Why? The reality is first round QBs bust far more often than they succeed. You are the idiot if you want to go all in on Mahommes and stop drafting QBs. You should know better.

Because that Locker comparison that you keep throwing around is awful. The guy never completed more than 60% of his passes and wasn’t quite the arm talent that Mahomes is.

WhiteWhale
11-28-2017, 09:17 AM
I too think he will bust for a number of reasons not worth arguing about. I sincerely hope I'm wrong. I love the Chiefs and would love nothing more than to have a true franchise QB to watch on Sundays.

Locker had no passion to play, so he didn't put in the work.

Have you seen evidence that mohomes lacks passion and isn't putting in the work?

TwistedChief
11-28-2017, 09:23 AM

Of course they'll draft a QB again. But there's a big difference between drafting an Aaron Murray in the mid rounds versus trading several early round picks for a Mahomes. The former you can essentially do until you're blue in the face and have a semi-competent franchise; the latter you only have so many opportunities before you decimate the young core of your team.

I didn't trust this franchise to trade up to get Mahomes in the first place. If that "gamble"/calculated risk fails, I suspect they get even more risk averse in that respect. Let's hope they got Mahomes right because I think it'll be a long dry spell in the future if not.

Strongside
11-28-2017, 09:41 AM
What if aliens invade Earth tomorrow and none of this matters?

Shields68
11-28-2017, 09:43 AM
If he's a bust, you draft another QB and go from there. A fairly straightforward strategy that the Chiefs seem to be reluctant to try.

Just will not be next in the next 2 years. Have to give him a chance. When you essentially use 2 first round picks on a player, you better be right or it sets a franchise back at least 3 years.

Rasputin
11-28-2017, 09:56 AM
Patrick loves football he will be fine and so will we.

We will get to enjoy football games for a change and always be in games as this offense will have what it takes to move the ball and score touchdowns.

Fish
11-28-2017, 09:59 AM
https://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/plantsvszombies/images/1/19/Conspiracy-Keanu-Memes-9.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150609193049

OKchiefs
11-28-2017, 10:07 AM

What exactly do you have to base that on, besides trying to be argumentative?

BlackHelicopters
11-28-2017, 11:10 AM
Heh. Just trying have some fun and ruffle feathers. Some members know that about 98% of what I post is sarcasm. I live and die with the Chiefs. Since I was 5 years old watching the Christmas Day game. I want Mahomes to win multiple SB titles. We all do. But the odds of this are certainly stacked against him when NFL history is reviewed. I take the game seriously. But not too seriously. I take life seriously. But not too seriously. There is certainly more to life than fixed Nfl games. A little sarcastic relief is good for all of us, IMO.

Ming the Merciless
11-28-2017, 11:11 AM
https://i2.wp.com/www.thestranger.com/images/blogimages/2010/04/16/1271440185-picture_2.png

loochy
11-28-2017, 11:16 AM
Heh. Just trying have some fun and ruffle feathers. Some members know that about 98% of what I post is sarcasm. I live and die with the Chiefs. Since I was 5 years old watching the Christmas Day game. I want Mahomes to win multiple SB titles. We all do. But the odds of this are certainly stacked against him when NFL history is reviewed. I take the game seriously. But not too seriously. I take life seriously. But not too seriously. There is certainly more to life than fixed Nfl games. A little sarcastic relief is good for all of us, IMO.

oh, so you really don't hate clay?
Posted via Mobile Device

pugsnotdrugs19
11-28-2017, 11:32 AM
A lot of the QBs that bust have one thing in common, so we hear. They don't love the game, they don't love 'the grind'. Seriously, just think about it.

By all accounts, that isn't Patrick's way. Everyone says he loves football, and I even saw on GMFB today that Mike Garafolo said he has heard that Mahomes is really impressing people with his work ethic on and off the field. Terez wrote about that in his bye week article too.

Patrick Mahomes wants to be legendary.

BlackHelicopters
11-28-2017, 11:32 AM

loochy
11-28-2017, 11:34 AM

q
Posted via Mobile Device

Rausch
11-28-2017, 11:34 AM

And so far he's doing everything right.

Staying off social media (or at least not making an ass of himself there) and learning.

I really wanted Alex to hold him off but Smith has just gone to shit. Just, terrible play at the QB position.

staylor26
11-28-2017, 11:37 AM
A lot of the QBs that bust have one thing in common, so we hear. They don't love the game, they don't love 'the grind'. Seriously, just think about it.

By all accounts, that isn't Patrick's way. Everyone says he loves football, and I even saw on GMFB today that Mike Garafolo said he has heard that Mahomes is really impressing people with his work ethic on and off the field. Terez wrote about that in his bye week article too.

Links? I need some new material to masturbate to

pugsnotdrugs19
11-28-2017, 11:38 AM
And so far he's doing everything right.

Staying off social media (or at least not making an ass of himself there) and learning.

I really wanted Alex to hold him off but Smith has just gone to shit. Just, terrible play at the QB position.

I actually can envision a scenario where in 5-6 years we all look back at Alex Smith fondly. I imagine a scenario where Mahomes is shining as an 'elite' QB, and he credits Smith for helping him out his rookie year... at least I hope that is how it goes. Not only cause it means Mahomes would be great, but because I don't want to hate Alex. His biggest defenders make it hard not to, but I really do appreciate the way he has handled this situation.

pugsnotdrugs19
11-28-2017, 11:40 AM
Links? I need some new material to masturbate to

Here is the video from this morning ---> http://www.nfl.com/videos/kansas-city-chiefs/0ap3000000884595/Could-we-see-Patrick-Mahomes-this-season

Kay Adams kinda cut him off early on it, but he got some information out nonetheless. A lot of good videos on that page.

pugsnotdrugs19
11-28-2017, 11:43 AM
I like this one too. Kyle Brandt says its time for the Chiefs to save their season before it is too late. ----> http://www.nfl.com/videos/kansas-city-chiefs/0ap3000000883901/Brandt-Chiefs-need-to-get-Patrick-Mahomes-in-now-and-save-their-season

Black Bob
11-28-2017, 11:44 AM
Because that Locker comparison that you keep throwing around is awful. The guy never completed more than 60% of his passes and wasn’t quite the arm talent that Mahomes is.

He was semi mobile with a big arm. He wasn't "clutch" in college. Never led many comebacks or game winning drives. He came from a similar system that created space for receivers to be wide open. The fact is that A&M's gimmick offense is well known and basically all the "experts" bring it up when talking about Mahomme's college completion percentage. It's easy to see if you watch the film. Almost Every play is a rub or pick. Also, Mahommes doesn't have an NFL completion percentage yet. Things aren't going to be the same as they were in college. Their backgrounds are very similar. Locker got the Fabre comparisons too. Again, Mahommes floor is Locker and his ceiling is Farve imo. Mahommes has potential and potential means he hasn't done anything yet. He can wow people with his arm but whether or not he can put a team on his back and carry them when they need it most is yet to be determined. That's why I wanted Watson. He did it in college and he's already done it in the pros. Mahommes has a lot to prove before I crown him. He is the epitome of a boom or bust prospect.

RunKC
11-28-2017, 11:47 AM
I think a move could be made this time next week pending results from the NYJ game, but Andy probably isn't going to make a change until the Chiefs are completely out of first place, as shitty as that sounds.

BlackHelicopters
11-28-2017, 11:48 AM
oh, so you really don't hate clay?
Posted via Mobile Device

Heh. The instrument has yet to be invented that measures my disdain for whatever name he is this week.
By the way, and I have said this before, you are my favorite poster.
No homo.
No sarcasm.

BlackHelicopters
11-28-2017, 11:51 AM
q
Posted via Mobile Device

Wow? How did that happen. Never seen the phenomenon of the delayed double post. Must be a server thing. Someone contact Kyle.

RunKC
11-28-2017, 11:51 AM
Here is the video from this morning ---> http://www.nfl.com/videos/kansas-city-chiefs/0ap3000000884595/Could-we-see-Patrick-Mahomes-this-season

Kay Adams kinda cut him off early on it, but he got some information out nonetheless. A lot of good videos on that page.

What the fuck with some of these Analyst bullshit. My god.

"Uh uh Peterman! Look at what happened when Buffalo put in Peterman! He could throw tons of picks like Peterman did!"

Rausch
11-28-2017, 11:52 AM
I actually can envision a scenario where in 5-6 years we all look back at Alex Smith fondly. I imagine a scenario where Mahomes is shining as an 'elite' QB, and he credits Smith for helping him out his rookie year...

Too bad we have interviews with Smith saying the opposite...

KCrockaholic
11-28-2017, 11:52 AM
I think a move could be made this time next week pending results from the NYJ game, but Andy probably isn't going to make a change until the Chiefs are completely out of first place, as shitty as that sounds.

It's pretty strange to want to wait until there's no chance of the playoffs before benching your crappy QB. It's like Andy assumes this whole thing will only get worse if Mahomes is starting and there's no evidence to prove that would be the case.

ARROW2
11-28-2017, 11:54 AM
He was semi mobile with a big arm. He wasn't "clutch" in college. Never led many comebacks or game winning drives. He came from a similar system that created space for receivers to be wide open. The fact that A&M's gimmick offense is well known and basically all the "experts" bring it up when talking about his college completion percentage. It's easy to see if you watch the film. Every play is a rub or pick. Also, Mahommes doesn't have an NFL completion percentage yet. Things aren't going to be the same as they were in college. Their backgrounds are very similar. Locker got the Fabre comparisons too. Again, Mahommes floor is Locker and his ceiling is Farve imo. Mahommes has potential and potential means he hasn't done anything yet. He can wow people with his arm but whether or not he can put a team on his back and carry them when they need it most is yet to be determined. That's why I wanted Watson. He did it in college and he's already done it in the pros. Mahommes has a lot to prove before I crown him.

Scared pussy. What THE FUCK is ALEX doing? What has he proven?

BlackHelicopters
11-28-2017, 11:54 AM
It's pretty strange to want to wait until there's no chance of the playoffs before benching your crappy QB. It's like Andy assumes this whole thing will only get worse if Mahomes is starting and there's no evidence to prove that would be the case.

Actually, no evidence exists that a switch will result in either improvement or decline.

BleedingRed
11-28-2017, 11:56 AM
Actually, no evidence exists that a switch will result in either improvement or decline.

Check the All-22 Thread

KCrockaholic
11-28-2017, 11:58 AM

Exactly. So why not fucking find out? As it stands it's a sinking ship and we won't know if the life vests will work unless we put them on.

BlackHelicopters
11-28-2017, 12:02 PM
Exactly. So why not fucking find out? As it stands it's a sinking ship and we won't know if the life vests will work unless we put them on.

I have no argument with your statement. You seem level headed and reasonable. Unlike others.......

Black Bob
11-28-2017, 12:02 PM
Andy watches and talks to them every day of the week. Probably 360 days a year. I think he knows why if he does or doesn't make a change. We have no idea what's going on when it comes down to it.

BleedingRed
11-28-2017, 12:04 PM
Alex's fate is in his own hands this week.

https://media.giphy.com/media/1M9fmo1WAFVK0/giphy.gif
http://media1.giphy.com/media/l0ExrMKGjVhunMJCE/giphy.gif
http://i.imgur.com/8ukt9mT.gif

Black Bob
11-28-2017, 12:05 PM
Scared pussy. What THE **** is ALEX doing? What has he proven?

Scared? Wtf are you talking about? I didn't even mention Alice in that post. I am just realistic.

ARROW2
11-28-2017, 12:12 PM
Andy, the plane is running out of fuel, we need to land! "I'm not there yet, I gotta finish these ribs first"

ARROW2
11-28-2017, 12:13 PM
Scared? Wtf are you talking about? I didn't even mention Alice in that post. I am just realistic.

Scared to make the change.

Black Bob
11-28-2017, 12:19 PM
Scared to make the change.

Not scared at all. I just know Reid won't do it and I understand why.

1. Reid doesn't think Mahommes is ready.

2. We are in first place and have a winning record.

3. Alex is a proven winner and Reid trusts him.

No stop acting like a little bitch and see reality.

ARROW2
11-28-2017, 12:37 PM

1. Has Andy said this?

2. Barely, so wait until the lead is completely lost? Stupid.

3. What the fuck has he won to garner any trust? Ben and Brady are proven winners.

You stupid as a muthafucka.

JohnnyHammersticks
11-28-2017, 12:37 PM
If Mahomes lost both arms in a car accident and had to resort to shooting footballs out of his ass, he'd still have better pocket presence and be a better downfield passer than Smith/Cassel. So relatively speaking, there's really no chance that he "fails".

Ragged Robin
11-28-2017, 01:32 PM
I wouldn't be surprised or shocked because the Chiefs are a cursed franchise

Kiimo
11-28-2017, 01:39 PM

To continue the plane analogy this is like saying even though we've plummeted 10.000 feet it's going to be okay I mean we've already flown 500 miles!

Black Bob
11-28-2017, 01:39 PM
1. Has Andy said this?

2. Barely, so wait until the lead is completely lost? Stupid.

3. What the **** has he won to garner any trust? Ben and Brady are proven winners.

You stupid as a mutha****a.

Denial. I understand your pain. It's ok man.

Black Bob
11-28-2017, 01:43 PM
To continue the plane analogy this is like saying even though we've plummeted 10.000 feet it's going to be okay I mean we've already flown 500 miles!

We have a parachute if we need it. Reid isn't ready to eject. He thinks we can land this bird! lol

Why are you guys flipping out about this? Right after we drafted him Reid said he wasn't ready to play, he wouldn't play for a while, and he is unpolished. Mahommes never figured into the Chiefs 2017 plans.

Get over it. You are getting your hopes up for nothing.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-28-2017, 01:47 PM
Scared coward you are, Bob

BryanBusby
11-28-2017, 02:18 PM
You guys should stop debating a retarded troll.

jaa1025
11-28-2017, 03:06 PM
OP Alex Smith or a friend/family of Alex trying to scare some of the weak minded Chiefs fans?

pugsnotdrugs19
11-28-2017, 05:06 PM
What the **** with some of these Analyst bullshit. My god.

"Uh uh Peterman! Look at what happened when Buffalo put in Peterman! He could throw tons of picks like Peterman did!"

I know, it would make more sense to compare him to Watson seeing how he was picked before him, although neither comparison is necessary. Mahomes will write his own story.

WhiteWhale
11-28-2017, 05:13 PM
Then we move on. Draft another QB.

Give the guy a couple seasons and see how he's progressing and make decisions going forward. I"d like to give him about 5 games to jump start those two seasons.

I don't anticipate Alex being benched. I think the team has been clear about their plans this season come hell or high water.

I just don't see the point in riding out a collapsing season with a lame duck QB, but it seems a lot of vets probably want to see Alex sink his own battle ship before moving on.

Easy 6
11-28-2017, 05:21 PM
It simply isnt a possibility that I can envision for a number of reasons...

1) Start with the pure physical talent

2) Raised in pro ball home, he knows the effort it takes to be a pro baller

3) Sports have been his whole life all along, there are no passion for the game issues

4) He grew up with money, he wont go stupid or get lazy after banking several million

5) Reid clearly intends to groom him the right way, Pat is going to have a great teacher and be given the chance to grow into the position

6) He knows how to handle on the field adversity, Texas Tech was basically just him and a bunch of jags... he has plenty of experience fighting back against overwhelming odds

RunKC
11-28-2017, 05:55 PM
He was semi mobile with a big arm. He wasn't "clutch" in college. Never led many comebacks or game winning drives. He came from a similar system that created space for receivers to be wide open. The fact is that A&M's gimmick offense is well known and basically all the "experts" bring it up when talking about Mahomme's college completion percentage. It's easy to see if you watch the film. Almost Every play is a rub or pick. Also, Mahommes doesn't have an NFL completion percentage yet. Things aren't going to be the same as they were in college. Their backgrounds are very similar. Locker got the Fabre comparisons too. Again, Mahommes floor is Locker and his ceiling is Farve imo. Mahommes has potential and potential means he hasn't done anything yet. He can wow people with his arm but whether or not he can put a team on his back and carry them when they need it most is yet to be determined. That's why I wanted Watson. He did it in college and he's already done it in the pros. Mahommes has a lot to prove before I crown him. He is the epitome of a boom or bust prospect.

Case Keenum and Jared Goff came from the same college spread system. Other spread QB's like Marriotta, Cam, Big Ben, Dak and Watson have been successful. The NFL is turning into a spread college style offense league.

And Mahomes carried a sorry football team. They would have been blown out in every game if it wasn't for Pat.

Pat didn't have all world players surrounding him like Watson.

PAChiefsGuy
11-28-2017, 05:56 PM
Mahomes will be fine. I'm not worried about him failing at all. Kids got it and he has a great teacher in Andy 'All I Do Is Make The Playoffs' Reid

Scooter LaCanforno
11-28-2017, 06:11 PM
Did the Bronco fans ask this last year?

What if Lynch fails as an NFL QB?

I know this isn't something that's pleasant to think about, but I'm curious as to what this franchise would do if Lynch turns out to be a bust.

Do you think we draft another QB in the first round? Or do we go full Donkos and draft a late round project like Trevor Siemian again?

Ideally Lynch is the QB here for 15 years on his way to multiple SuperBowl titles and the Hall of Fame. That's the dream, anyway.

TribalElder
11-28-2017, 06:44 PM
He might forget how to play after waiting for hell to freeze over

jaa1025
11-28-2017, 07:26 PM

Locker is a terrible comparison. It's like comparing an apple to a green bean.

Locker played in a spread option (see Kansas State as a foundation to others) offense his first 2 years then went to a prostyle offense. Mahomes came from an Air Raid offense. Like Goff and Keenum that is nothing like Locker has ever seen.
Locker had accuracy issues where Mahomes is very accurate.
Locker had terrible pocket awareness and field vision and Mahomes is one of the best I've ever seen from a rookie, albeit preseason.
Locker is much more mobile, similar to Ironically, Alex Smith than Mahomes who is much more of a pocket QB with movement.
Locker was injury prone....Mahomes, knock on wood, isn't.
Both had a strong arm (Mahomes is stronger...elite of the elite stronger). Both have a quick release...i'm not sure who's better here but Mahomes is very fast.

I for one am glad the Chiefs didn't draft Watson. He smells like bust. I don't care about his godly numbers for 5 games before he got injured. What I saw against the Chiefs and another game he had was basically throwing hailmary 50/50 balls to the best WR in the NFL. He was awful for the first 3 1/2 quarters against the Chiefs and gained yards and scores against a prevent defense. He did it in college with a team full of NFL prospects against teams without NFL prospects for the most part. Mahomes did it with players that won't sniff the NFL.

jimidollar
11-28-2017, 07:37 PM
I'm too old to even think about this question.

Black Bob
11-28-2017, 07:42 PM
And Mahomes carried a sorry football team. They would have been blown out in every game if it wasn't for Pat.

Pat didn't have all world players surrounding him like Watson.

Bullshit. The #1 pick came from his team.

Look at Dak. That's a guy who carried a team. That's a guy who led comebacks at Alabama etc.

Did you watch the national championship? Did you see the beating Watson took in that game?

The offense Mahommes played in was not your average spread. You should watch the video at draft breakdown and study the offense. Bumps, rubs, and picks on every other play. There is clearly more bad than good. However, the good is REALLY GOOD and rare.

staylor26
11-28-2017, 07:45 PM

Look at Dak. That's a guy who carried a team. That's a guy who led comebacks at Alabama etc.

Did you watch the national championship? Did you see the beating Watson took in that game?

The offense Mahommes played in was not your average spread. You should watch the video at draft breakdown and study the offense. Bumps, rubs, and picks on every other play. There is clearly more bad than good. However, the good is REALLY GOOD and rare.

I saw you said “A&M” in response to me and chalked it up to a simple mistake, but now it’s obvious it wasn’t.

You don’t even know what team the guy played for and you want us to take your evaluation seriously?

LMAO

TLO
11-28-2017, 08:09 PM

Locker played in a spread option (see Kansas State as a foundation to others) offense his first 2 years then went to a prostyle offense. Mahomes came from an Air Raid offense. Like Goff and Keenum that is nothing like Locker has ever seen.
Locker had terrible pocket awareness and field vision and Mahomes is one of the best I've ever seen from a rookie, albeit preseason.
Locker is much more mobile, similar to Ironically, Alex Smith than Mahomes who is much more of a pocket QB with movement.
Both had a strong arm (Mahomes is stronger...elite of the elite stronger). Both have a quick release...i'm not sure who's better here but Mahomes is very fast.

I for one am glad the Chiefs didn't draft Watson. He smells like bust. I don't care about his godly numbers for 5 games before he got injured. What I saw against the Chiefs and another game he had was basically throwing hailmary 50/50 balls to the best WR in the NFL. He was awful for the first 3 1/2 quarters against the Chiefs and gained yards and scores against a prevent defense. He did it in college with a team full of NFL prospects against teams without NFL prospects for the most part. Mahomes did it with players that won't sniff the NFL.

Nice evaluation. Thanks for sharing.

TEX
11-28-2017, 08:15 PM

I think you're the ONLY one on the planet that thinks Watson "smells like a bust." Just wow...:rolleyes:

staylor26
11-28-2017, 08:17 PM
Yea, one thing I loved about Mahomes that not a lot of people mention is his lack of weapons.

There’s something about QB prospects without weapons that gives me a little more confidence in the guy.

Who did Rodgers have at Cal? Wilson? Roethlisberger? Rivers? Wentz? Goff? Luck?

Meanwhile, guys like Winston, Mariota, Manziel, Watson, Bortles, Bridgewater, etc. had stud NFL caliber weapons on offense.

TEX
11-28-2017, 08:17 PM

Mahomes played for T Tech, Not T A&M. The # 1 pick in the draft came from T A&M. Mahomes' Texas Tech team was not all that talented at all. If it wasn't for him, it would have been be a 3-4 win team. Tops.

jaa1025
11-28-2017, 08:24 PM
I think you're the ONLY one on the planet that thinks Watson "smells like a bust." Just wow...:rolleyes:

Guess you don't read that much do you.

lewdog
11-28-2017, 08:27 PM
As a Chiefs fan I have to ask......

What's the definition of fail?

GoChargers
11-28-2017, 10:42 PM
How in the fuck can a team like New England do it year after year after year?
They cheat. That's how.

Chief Pagan
11-28-2017, 11:35 PM
As a Chiefs fan I have to ask......

What's the definition of fail?

We spend 10 years making excuses and trying to surround him with moar weapons.

RealSNR
11-29-2017, 01:34 AM
Bob, dude, have you ever tried NOT being a total contrarian?

I'm not saying you have to copy your opinions based on what everybody else is saying. But... don't you think you'd make more friends around here if you just once in awhile didn't say something totally off the wall?

Jake Locker... sheesh.

TEX
11-29-2017, 11:36 AM
Guess you don't read that much do you.

Not stupid shit like what you're spewing.
Let me get this straight, Watson "Smells like BUST" to you, even though he was on pace to have the best season of all time for a rookie QB???

Even though I strongly disagree, you're entitled to your opinion.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-29-2017, 11:48 AM
The best part about QBs is the Chiefs baiting Elway into Lynch...then ending up with a true franchise guy in Mahomes. That was amazing.

Molitoth
11-29-2017, 12:10 PM
I for one am glad the Chiefs didn't draft Watson. He smells like bust. I don't care about his godly numbers for 5 games before he got injured. What I saw against the Chiefs and another game he had was basically throwing hailmary 50/50 balls to the best WR in the NFL.

Wait a minute... so you have the "best WR in the NFL" and you don't trust him to make a play?

Sounds a lot like Alex Smith mindset to me.

If you have the PLAYMAKERS... USE THEM!!!

Why do you think Calvin Johnson was the best WR in the NFL at one point? Because Stafford just threw it up and let him play it.

Which is funny because all of these Alex Smith lovers chat about "well, if the Chiefs had talent at the WR position...." Like Alex would utilize it...