PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs So does Eli end up in Denver?

Dante84
11-28-2017, 04:58 PM
It would be very Elway to make that happen.

Easy 6
11-28-2017, 04:59 PM
He certainly has the right name and bona fides, just not sure if the physical talent is sexy enough for smellway

But he would be a good 2-3 year stopgap for them

MTG#10
11-28-2017, 05:06 PM
Yes. It has already happened behind the scenes, bet on it.

DJ's left nut
11-28-2017, 05:16 PM
{fingers crossed}

Dude sucks.

SAUTO
11-28-2017, 05:19 PM
{fingers crossed}

Dude sucks.

This

Easy 6
11-28-2017, 05:27 PM
{fingers crossed}

Dude sucks.

This

I disagree, while he is rarely pretty, he just gets it done more often than not

Two time super bowl winner and game MVP... he would give Denver legit leadership and stability for a few years

carcosa
11-28-2017, 05:30 PM
God I hope so

The Franchise
11-28-2017, 05:38 PM
I disagree, while he is rarely pretty, he just gets it done more often than not

Two time super bowl winner and game MVP... he would give Denver legit leadership and stability for a few years

Behind that offensive line? Doubtful.

Easy 6
11-28-2017, 05:40 PM

I'm guessing they'll be making moves along the line this offseason, hell they have to

DJ's left nut
11-28-2017, 05:43 PM

And without a human highlight reel like ODB to reel in those wounded ducks of his, he'd go back to throwing 20-25 picks/season.

He'd be a mess there.

Eli's one of the most overrated players in NFL history.

RippedmyFlesh
11-28-2017, 05:44 PM
I hope not he is way better than anything they have so as a chiefs fan I don't want denver to upgrade.

Randallflagg
11-28-2017, 05:58 PM
Eli is NOT Peyton. So yeah, go ahead and bring him in.....you think you're screwed now? Just wait....

kccrow
11-28-2017, 06:00 PM
I doubt it. He has strong ties to Coughlin, who happens to now be VP of Football Ops for the Jags. Good receivers and a defense like he had during his SB years to go along with warm weather and sunny beaches? I'd have to think it's a win-win for both.

BryanBusby
11-28-2017, 06:08 PM
I doubt it. He has strong ties to Coughlin, who happens to now be VP of Football Ops for the Jags. Good receivers and a defense like he had during his SB years to go along with warm weather and sunny beaches? I'd have to think it's a win-win for both.
Yes, but you can be sure Peyton will talk him to Denver.

carcosa
11-28-2017, 06:09 PM
Yes, but you can be sure Peyton will talk him to Denver.

Will he? For some reason I can't see Peyton pushing Eli one way or another on this. Too busy writing song lyrics for Brad Paisley.

BryanBusby
11-28-2017, 06:12 PM
Will he? For some reason I can't see Peyton pushing Eli one way or another on this. Too busy writing song lyrics for Brad Paisley.
Archie was the lead source behind him telling SD to fuck off. I'd be surprised if Peyton doesn't steer him to Den.

Easier to win division, Super Bowl caliber D for maybe another year or so.

Red Dawg
11-28-2017, 06:27 PM
Eli does suck. He's 5 months of very good football with a top notch defense and that's it.

wazu
11-28-2017, 06:32 PM
I don't think the Broncos will be interested in Eli. I could see the Jaguars, but that's about it. The Broncos can have Alex.

Bewbies
11-28-2017, 06:37 PM
Eli is going to Jacksonville.

Alex is going to who gives a shit.

New World Order
11-28-2017, 06:38 PM
Don't care if that happens.

displacedinMN
11-28-2017, 06:54 PM
Do we have to speculate that every old QB will end up in Denver?

TLO
11-28-2017, 07:08 PM
Do we have to speculate that every old QB will end up in Denver?

Yes. It's a new rule.

Tombstone RJ
11-28-2017, 07:08 PM
Maybe? Not sure NYGs can trade him and even if Eli agrees to a trade he has a huge contract. Gmen May have to cut him, eat the dead money and then if the Broncos want him, they’ll have to outbid another team...

Simply Red
11-28-2017, 07:20 PM
nope - he'll retire - that was his agenda today.

Reerun_KC
11-28-2017, 07:25 PM
Archie was the lead source behind him telling SD to fuck off. I'd be surprised if Peyton doesn't steer him to Den.

That was because Marty the QB career killer coach was there. Archie was smart enough not to ruin his son under that dipshit.

Black Bob
11-28-2017, 07:33 PM
It would be very Elway to make that happen.

Yeah, I think he will. It won't be Jacksonville. Archie won't let that happen.

Rain Man
11-28-2017, 08:33 PM
Manning didn't care about the integrity of the sport and threw a whiny fit to avoid the draft and go to a team that could carry him.

Sounds like a perfect fit for Elway.

Red Dawg
11-28-2017, 08:40 PM
nope - he'll retire - that was his agenda today.

No way. Manning's don't get benched and then quit. He will play elsewhere next season after being traded

Red Dawg
11-28-2017, 08:41 PM
Yeah, I think he will. It won't be Jacksonville. Archie won't let that happen.

Archie the douche should be happy with Jax. They have a defense and running game now.

Mile High Mania
11-28-2017, 10:10 PM
Archie the douche should be happy with Jax. They have a defense and running game now.

Jax is definitely where he should look.

Simply Red
11-28-2017, 10:20 PM
No way. Manning's don't get benched and then quit. He will play elsewhere next season after being traded

weird the radio said something entirely different about his benching.

GoChargers
11-28-2017, 10:52 PM
Manning didn't care about the integrity of the sport and threw a whiny fit to avoid the draft and go to a team that could carry him.

Sounds like a perfect fit for Elway.

In fairness, he and Archie were 100% correct about the Spanos family. Those assholes would have ruined Eli's career just like they've ruined Rivers' career.

Dylan
11-28-2017, 11:00 PM
I am shocked - I am sick to my stomach! What a classless organization!

Fuck the entire organization! Eli has given so much to this organization. He does not deserve this.

Fucking Geno Smith? Are you kidding me! What a joke. Like Geno is going to save McAdoo's ass. Let the receivers drop balls on him. Let Geno get killed behind that high school line.

I am sure this will win the locker room over.

The fans are livid! Too bad this was not a home game on Sunday.

Welcome to the Giants - Jets era.

Thank God, I love Formula One! Too bad the fucking season ended on Sunday.

Mike Francesa Destroys Ben McAdoo and Jerry Reese

https://omny.fm/shows/mike-francesa/mike-francesa-destroys-ben-mcadoo

Thank you Mike!

Buehler445
11-28-2017, 11:03 PM
Fuck Donk Forever.

I saw he’s doing voice for some goddamned animated flick. Fuck that guy.

The south is not materially more difficult to win than the west. Especially given how good the rest of the Jags are vs Donk.

Fuck Donk Forever.

Dylan
11-28-2017, 11:06 PM
Eli has a no trade clause.

If he is going anywhere, I would think that he would join Tom Coughlin in Jacksonville.

Tom Coughlin, ex-Giants coach, was ‘very upset’ when he heard Eli Manning was benched

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/tom-coughlin-upset-heard-eli-manning-benched-article-1.3663702

David Carr
They've lost their collective minds

dls6501
11-28-2017, 11:43 PM
I am hoping Alex goes to Denver. But I will settle for Eli.

Dylan
11-29-2017, 01:54 AM
They should have benched the guy who passed on Tunsil.

Nickhead
11-29-2017, 02:31 AM
no way would eli play for the same team as his brother. you may as well say bree's doesn't get extended after this year and eli plays for them.

you are all retardud. :D

Pasta Little Brioni
11-29-2017, 03:54 AM
Dylan, Alex to NYG?

Dylan
11-29-2017, 03:58 AM
The decision to bench Eli Manning was met with fury from the media, fans and social media. The greatest QB the franchise has ever had and the classless Giants organization will be forever known as doing Manning wrong.

For the better part of 14 years, Eli Manning has been the best thing about the Giants.

Championship quarterback. Unparalleled leader. Class act on and off the field.

About as perfect a player as you could ever want to be the face of your franchise.

*Ben McAdoo says, "With our game plan, Geno Smith gives us the best chance to win." (*Please, kill yourself!)

"A career journeyman, who is 12-18 as a starter and has thrown 36 interceptions in the games he played is replacing him. The numbers are scary."

Here is another rant from Mike Francesa that is priceless:

Excerpt: Mike Francesa rips the Giants organization, Release Eli Manning tomorrow:
Francesa rattled off Manning’s impressive numbers - 50,629 yards, 110 wins, 334 touchdown passes, 222 interceptions, two Super Bowl championships and two Super Bowl MVPs - and challenged the Giants to let him go.

"Here’s what the Giants should do. Since Eli Manning’s the problem, and he’s worthless, release him today," Francesa said. "See if anybody picks him up. Release him. Cut him. See how long it takes him to be in Jacksonville this evening. Cut him. Let the Jaguars pick him up right now at 7-4. Let them put him at quarterback tomorrow morning and let’s see how the rest of the season plays out."

"You can’t run this clown out of town fast enough," Francesa said. "The worst thing that ever happened was Eli Manning had to be associated with you as head coach with the career he’s had here. Maybe on your way out you can take a look at Eli’s rings — that’s the closest you’re ever going to get to one too with actions like this. You’re going to try to tell us that Geno Smith is the answer? That’s the problem with this team now is the quarterback after what we’ve watched this year?"

"Could you make a bigger mess than McAdoo and Reese have with this team? And now you’re going to blame it on the one, the one thing you have to be proud of, you’re going to blame it on that guy? Giant fans aren’t buying."

https://omny.fm/shows/mike-francesa/mike-francesa-reacts-to-eli-manning-going-to-bench

Dylan
11-29-2017, 04:02 AM
Dylan, Alex to NYG?

No...We will become the Jets:

The 13 quarterbacks who made starts for ther Jets since Nov. 21, 2004, when Eli Manning made his first start with the Giants:

No. Quarterback,Years

62 Mark Sanchez, 2009-12

32 Chad Pennington, 2004-07

30 Geno Smith, 2013-14, 2016

27 Ryan Fitzpatrick, 2015-16

16 Brett Favre, 2008

11 Josh McGown, 2017

9 Brooks Bollinger, 2007

9 Kellen Clemens 2007, 2009

4 Bryce Petty, 2016

4Vinny Testeverde, 2005

3 Michael Vick, 2014

2 Quincy Carter, 2004

1 Greg McElroy, 2012

Listen to Francesa's rant in post #40

Pasta Little Brioni
11-29-2017, 04:06 AM
Alex would fit in nicely with that list :)

Dylan
11-29-2017, 04:21 AM
@PGM LMAO

Reporter sums up John Mara, owner of the NY Giants:

If you spent five minutes watching Ben McAdoo's performance Wednesday, there was one question that kept popping into your mind: How could you have possibly spent five minutes with this man and believed he was capable of coaching a football team in New York City?

(File that one away for our next installment of "87 reasons why Jerry Reese needs to be fired at once, too.")

With that said, NY Giants will become the new Cleveland Browns.

Red Dawg
11-29-2017, 06:12 AM
Eli love to go around. Eli sucks at this point and he is not a good QB. Honestly what is point not looking at other guys.

Mile High Mania
11-29-2017, 06:32 AM
There's a lot of Eli hate... the guy is far from terrible. It will be interesting to see what happens. All the Denver chatter is cute, but that's not a path they'll take. Lightning rarely strikes twice like that and honestly, why would Eli go there and follow Peyton's shadow?

Eli would prefer Jax, I'm sure and he would do well there.

mcaj22
11-29-2017, 06:48 AM
Eli's arm is shot and he cant make any throws. But he can still get the matchups he wants with all his presnap adjustments. Sat in that stadium and watched him walk right down the field in OT on the Chiefs as he was basically moving guys around and pointing where they should go before the snap. He gets that 1 on 1 matchup with his 5th string WR and the worst CB in the NFL in Gaines and just throws the slowest floater I have ever seen 50/50 ball, it was like time stopped. All because he can still hot read.

MarkDavis'Haircut
11-29-2017, 07:31 AM
The Giants are tanking. It is obvious. Eli can still pull victories out of nowhere. Geno can't.

That being said, a Coughlin and Eli reunion would be interesting.

Couch-Potato
11-29-2017, 07:43 AM
My cab driver in Denver suggested they were waiting for him to become available this offseason, but I don't see him wanting to play on the same team his brother did. I'm thinking he's a Jaguar next year on a 2yr contract.

Market for A Smith just got a little softer, he's now the 6th option after Garoppolo, Cousins, Manning, #1 Pick, 2nd QB off the board...Alex?

Chiefnj2
11-29-2017, 07:58 AM
I'd love to have an "overrated" "suck[y]" QB lead the Chiefs to 2 Super Bowl wins when they were underdogs in just about every game.

Mile High Mania
11-29-2017, 09:35 AM
My cab driver in Denver suggested they were waiting for him to become available this offseason, but I don't see him wanting to play on the same team his brother did. I'm thinking he's a Jaguar next year on a 2yr contract.

Market for A Smith just got a little softer, he's now the 6th option after Garoppolo, Cousins, Manning, #1 Pick, 2nd QB off the board...Alex?

Friend of mine ran into a plumber near Crested Butte, said the cab driver was drunk. Makes too much sense for him to land in Jacksonville. I don't see Eli nor Elway wanting to try the Manning thing again. Eli isn't Peyton, and even if he were - the odds of that turning out well aren't great. It's a different scenario than in 2011.

tooge
11-29-2017, 10:00 AM
I hope so. He's a shell of what he was 5 years ago, and going down slowly each year. Next year will be one more year older.

Dylan
11-29-2017, 03:37 PM
^ BS...

It is the callous way the head coach cast Eli Manning aside that the fans hate. The league agrees if you have read or listened to sports TV or radio during the past 24-hours. The organization did not handle this right.

The Giants did not have the class to have Eli sit down in a room and talk with the press. They left him standing in front of his locker answering questions. To wound, hurt, and humiliate him like this is sickening - Somehow forgetting that Eli gave this sorry-ass organization two MVP Super Bowl wins against the greatest football team in my generation.

McAdoo wants to make it as if Eli was the reason they were losing and that is not the case. It is a bad shell game and the HC and GM are trying to save their own jobs hoping they catch lightening in a bottle by putting in another QB. Reese has been abysmal in the front office. This team has struggled in every unit. In return, McAdoo drove it straight into the wall. Players over the weeks have said the head coach has lost the team. The press reported that it is worse than that in the locker room.

Back to McAdoo - Does this moron believe GENO SMITH is going to wave a magic wand and change everything - The lowest ranked QB in the league - ever!

Eli is not mobile, alert the media. He is not a dink and dunk QB and that is what McAdoo made him do. The guy is tired of being hit. He has seconds to throw before the line collapses - WRs dropping balls ranked last in the league for drops. The Giants have not had a running game or line in years. They have the same problems they had when they fired Coughlin. In addition, they treated Coughlin just as classless and they have treated Eli.

Last year, before the playoff game in Green Bay, Giants WRs flew to Miami for one hell of a party. The loss was on them dropping balls all over the field and in the end zone.

However, this goes to the heart of John Mara - It is hard to root for a team that has allowed this to happen. For almost five years, I have listened to the most barbaric scum walking on earth and would not mind quoting them verbatim towards this organization - that is the sad part.

Eli is part of our legacy; he is part of our history. You do not kick him to the curb. If I were he, I would have left last night.

There is only one champion in that room and he will be standing on the sidelines this Sunday.

Passepartout
11-29-2017, 06:30 PM
He was benched meaning Eli due to trying to save Ben McAdoo's job. And how that Manning is not the same QB he used to be. But he at least has two SB MVP's to prove it.

Hammock Parties
11-29-2017, 07:49 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Eli Manning has asked Jerry Reese and the Giants organization for his release, per source.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdarnSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdarnSchefter/status/935924691264471040?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 29, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

NJChiefsFan
11-29-2017, 07:58 PM
Best quote I heard today

"Replacing Eli with Geno is like replacing Coughlin with Mcadoo."

I think the Giants are silly for doing this and shouldn't have done this to Eli. Personally for Eli, I am split. Guy is a class act now but his antics during the draft are something I have zero respect for. I don't really feel sorry for him.

Buck
11-29-2017, 08:03 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Eli Manning has asked Jerry Reese and the Giants organization for his release, per source.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdarnSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdarnSchefter/status/935924691264471040?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 29, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

@AdarnSchefter

Red Dawg
11-29-2017, 08:26 PM
My heart just bleeds for Eli and all his millions. I don't feel sorry for rich people. Almost never unless they get paralyzed from the neck down. Maybe then but Eli is very rich man and his feeling can take a hike.

Dylan
11-29-2017, 09:24 PM

Oh my God that is great...Good for Eli! He deserves better than being a part of this three-ring circus.

I have been working and did not get a chance to catch this BREAKING NEWS!!!

Love Steve Serby of the New York Post:

Eli Manning has only one move after Giants’ disgrace: Leave
For his entire football life as a Giant, his champion football life and arguably Hall of Fame football life, Eli Manning has worn No. 10 as proudly as anyone has worn blue, as proudly as Frank Gifford and Harry Carson and Lawrence Taylor and Michael Strahan.

He should now waive his no-trade clause and Escape From New York and finish out his last days in a place where he can find the happiness he deserves, because this is no longer the place, where he can play for a head coach he deserves, because Ben McAdoo is not that head coach.

Tom Coughlin, you have Manning’s number. Rescue him! You need him again, and now he needs you again.

One of the saddest sights you will ever see will be Sunday in Oakland, where Eli Manning will stand on the sidelines as the backup watching someone else — GENO SMITH — quarterback his team.

Wellington Mara did not step in for Phil Simms when George Young and Dan Reeves made him a salary-cap casualty, and apparently John Mara will sit by idly and allow this to stand.

And so this will be McAdoo’s legacy — the man who forced Manning to selflessly step aside and end his remarkable 210-game ironman streak.

And his Giants career.

Remember The Fumble? That one happened on the field.

This one happened inside the Quest Diagnostics Training Center.

This is the Giants’ Buttfumble.

It is a sickening betrayal of a champion who has been The Pride of the Giants.

“Coach McAdoo told me I could continue to start while Geno and Davis [Webb] are given an opportunity to play,” Manning said. “My feeling is that if you are going to play the other guys, play them. Starting just to keep the streak going and knowing you won’t finish the game and have a chance to win it is pointless to me, and it tarnishes the streak. Like I always have, I will be ready to play if and when I am needed. I will help Geno and Davis prepare to play as well as they possibly can.”

Of course he will. He has been class every step of the way. 2-9 is not his fault. It’s McAdoo’s fault, for orchestrating an offense that has become downright offensive. It’s Jerry Reese’s fault for not building a wall in front of his immobile 36-year-old quarterback.

There is blood on their hands. They are the ones who deserve to go.

Not Eli Manning.

They quit on the one Giant who would never have quit on them.

Eli Manning should never be anybody’s scapegoat.

“Surprised is not the word. My sentiments are totally with Eli Manning,” Coughlin said on Jacksonville radio station 1010XL. “I love the kid. He is a class act. He is a two-time Super Bowl champion. He is the finest, most humblest young man in that locker room.”

The headline, in bold on the club release, read:

“Geno Smith to start at QB on Sunday.”

Your immediate thought was this had to be April Fools’ Day.

The plan to start Manning for one half and then yanking him for Smith was clearly an insult to Manning, who was put in the untenable position of being perceived as selfish for wanting to continue his streak.
“It’s not a preseason game,” a visibly upset Manning said. “It’s not fair to me, it’s not fair to Geno. That’s not how you play. You play to win.”

It was an offer that a somber, dazed Manning could refuse. And should have refused.

Disgrace.

“Nobody knows what the future holds, but right now, this is what we think is best for the franchise,” Reese said.

Wrong.

It is never best for the franchise to treat the face of your franchise like this, who has played through plantar fasciitis and a slightly separated shoulder and beat Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers at frozen Lambeau in the playoffs and stood up to a beating in San Francisco in the NFC Championship and Tom Brady twice in the Super Bowl.

“Our No. 1 priority every week is to go win a game, but we owe it to the organization to get an evaluation of everybody on the roster, and that includes at the quarterback position,” McAdoo said.

He should look in the mirror first.

Getting a look later on at rookie Webb is one thing. Throwing The Pride of the Giants under the Big Blue Bus this way is another.

McAdoo and Reese, who apparently are starring in Death Wish 10, won’t be there next season. Smith probably won’t be there.

And now, it seems inevitable that Eli Manning, starting quarterback since Nov. 21, 2004, won’t be there.

Shame on the Giants.

Manning, fighting back tears, in the Giants locker room Tuesday.
Manning, asked if this was his hardest day as a Giant, said: “It’s up there. Yeah. Yeah.”

Someone asked if he feels he might have started his last game for the Giants.

“I don’t know … I don’t know … one week at a time,” he said.

Abandon your Giant For Life dream. Because they’ve abandoned you.

Get out.

https://nypost.com/2017/11/28/eli-manning-has-only-one-move-after-giants-disgrace-leave/

The NY media is KILLING the Giants organization in the press. Calling them a classless organization.

Shameful!

Dylan
11-29-2017, 09:31 PM
Thanks, guys...

McAdoo told the reporters that he wants to see what GENO SMITH can do - Geno has been in NY for five-six years and you don't know how bad the guy is as a QB?

They went off on that dumb fuck! LMAO

Chiefshrink
11-29-2017, 09:33 PM
There's a lot of Eli hate... the guy is far from terrible. It will be interesting to see what happens. All the Denver chatter is cute, but that's not a path they'll take. Lightning rarely strikes twice like that and honestly, why would Eli go there and follow Peyton's shadow?

Eli would prefer Jax, I'm sure and he would do well there.

I think you guys make a play for Luck.

Dylan
11-29-2017, 09:36 PM
NY Post: Giants now being billboard-shamed for Eli Manning debacle

The Giants are being assailed from all corners for abruptly tearing Eli Manning off his 13-year throne, now including on highway billboards.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="et" dir="ltr">Merry Christmas <a href="https://t.co/vB6qyCLgEA">pic.twitter.com/vB6qyCLgEA</a></p>&mdash; Meet Me @ L7 Tailgate (@RobbyJerzee) <a href="https://twitter.com/RobbyJerzee/status/936002255676899328?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 29, 2017</a></blockquote>

https://nypost.com/2017/11/29/giants-now-being-billboard-shamed-for-eli-manning-debacle/

Dylan
11-29-2017, 09:40 PM
I think you guys make a play for Luck.

I like Luck...

It is a shame that he was drafted by the Colts. His line got him almost killed.

Giants better clean house. The organization lost all respect from the fans and media for the way they handled the situation.

Insert (Aids fire)!

Insert (heads leaving the body) with a dull knife... :D

Chiefshrink
11-29-2017, 09:59 PM
I like Luck...

It is a shame that he was drafted by the Colts. His line got him almost killed.

I do as well and agree that the Colts FO allowed that o-line to get bad quickly thus putting him out of commission. Luck along with Wentz are the next generation of serious "academic intellectual QB's " like PM,TB, Rodgers and Brees. I think Mariota,Goff have a chance and Mahomes remains to be seen but reports are good that he really wants to be a student of the game.

Dylan
11-30-2017, 01:50 AM
While Geno Smith wore out his welcome as a member of the Jets, both on and off the field - On Wednesday, his first day behind the microphone mouths off to the brutal New York media. This is not going to end well. :D

From the NY Post:
Geno Smith doesn’t care what you think about Giants’ QB mess
Geno Smith spent his first full day as the Giants starting quarterback taking a shot at his critics.

Smith, the former Jets quarterback who will replace Eli Manning under center Sunday, got defensive when asked about his detractors and the negative reaction to him taking over for Manning. Initially, he pretended the criticism over the last 24 hours was news to him, before going on the offensive.

“Think I pay attention to what somebody who means nothing has to say?”

“I’ve been a starter before. I’m not surprised by this,” Smith said.

When it was suggested the situation was “unusual,” Smith challenged the reporter as to why. Then he told the media they should do some history on the sport, and how often situations like this have occurred. There is nothing out of the ordinary with this switch, he believes.
https://nypost.com/2017/11/29/geno-smith-doesnt-care-what-you-think-about-giants-qb-mess/

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view2/4899828/titanic-band-o.gif

Valiant
11-30-2017, 11:33 AM
I think there is a good chance if the donks can convince him the line will be better. Elway needs to rebound after this year. That type of splash will do it. And I am sure the league will pull some stunt making Eli a free agent that way Denver does not have to trade any picks.

Mile High Mania
11-30-2017, 11:56 AM
I think there is a good chance if the donks can convince him the line will be better. Elway needs to rebound after this year. That type of splash will do it. And I am sure the league will pull some stunt making Eli a free agent that way Denver does not have to trade any picks.

I disagree... sure, needs to improve upon this season as it was a trainwreck. I think most reasonable Broncos' fans don't view this as a Cleveland Browns situation. They were SB or bust with Peyton... now, we're in the next stage and applauded his attempts to do it differently. It's failed, so move on as I'm sure he will.

They have a fine option as a #2 with Trevor. Draft a guy if he's there and see how it goes, no reason to try and capture lightning in a bottle twice with another Manning. Very likely will fail. No need in giving up picks either for him at this point.

Not suggesting Elway will magically fix it all in a year, hell his track record is average in the draft at best. Build up a new plan, focus on the core 22 guys that will be there in 2-3 years and go a different path. Move players for picks where they can and see what happens.

Elway doesn't need to trade for Eli. If he's cut, he'll go to Jax - he doesn't want to follow in Peyton's shadow.

staylor26
11-30-2017, 12:10 PM
The Broncos have nowhere close to “22 core guys”

LMAO

carcosa
11-30-2017, 12:12 PM

It would be wild if he did get released and went to Jacksonville. He'd probably win a Super Bowl. Not because he's that good, but because of course he would.

carcosa
11-30-2017, 12:12 PM
Oh, that tweet looks fake tho.

Chiefnj2
11-30-2017, 01:44 PM
My initial reaction was that Eli deserved better than this. Then I thought about the crap he did when he was first drafted and I think, hey Karma's a bitch.

Taking emotions out of it, would people be as mad if the Giants named Webb the starter for the remainder of the season? If they continued to start Eli, there is a chance they win a few more games which would result in (a) a worse draft slot, and (b) having the new regime not know if Webb is any good.

MarkDavis'Haircut
12-01-2017, 03:15 PM
My heart just bleeds for Eli and all his millions. I don't feel sorry for rich people. Almost never unless they get paralyzed from the neck down. Maybe then but Eli is very rich man and his feeling can take a hike.

So your attitude towards people is all based on money?

Red Dawg
12-01-2017, 03:25 PM
So your attitude towards people is all based on money?

No of course not but the out cry for Eli is crazy. He will get over it while sitting in his mansion. The Giants don't owe him a damn thing. He played for money. A ton of money. I just don't cry for rich millionaires when they get their feelings hurt. He has not been good for years. The SB was not recent.

ModSocks
12-01-2017, 03:34 PM
This is bad for the Chiefs. We're going into a Qb rich market in which we're trying to attain the best possible value in a Smith trade.

Eli being added to the mix does us no favors. We're going to run out of suitors if we haven't already.

MarkDavis'Haircut
12-01-2017, 03:40 PM
No of course not but the out cry for Eli is crazy. He will get over it while sitting in his mansion. The Giants don't owe him a damn thing. He played for money. A ton of money. I just don't cry for rich millionaires when they get their feelings hurt. He has not been good for years. The SB was not recent.

I agree that the outcry is crazy and that the Giants don't owe him a damn thing.

RobBlake
12-01-2017, 04:15 PM
This is bad for the Chiefs. We're going into a Qb rich market in which we're trying to attain the best possible value in a Smith trade.

Eli being added to the mix does us no favors. We're going to run out of suitors if we haven't already.

Alex is a good qb. Not great not elite but good. A butt load would kill to have the stability alex brings, and Jacksonville will be better off with Alex than Eli. Elite defense, up and coming rb, good oline, and talented young WRs.

Mile High Mania
12-01-2017, 05:37 PM
The Broncos have nowhere close to “22 core guys”

LMAO

I know, silly me... they're lucky to have 3 quite honestly.

Rain Man
12-01-2017, 06:03 PM
My initial reaction was that Eli deserved better than this. Then I thought about the crap he did when he was first drafted and I think, hey Karma's a bitch.

Taking emotions out of it, would people be as mad if the Giants named Webb the starter for the remainder of the season? If they continued to start Eli, there is a chance they win a few more games which would result in (a) a worse draft slot, and (b) having the new regime not know if Webb is any good.

Yeah, after the way he treated San Diego and the integrity of the sport, I wish the Giants would release him and then the rest of the league would file his phone number with Kaepernick's. You screwed over the sport, now let the sport screw you over.

jallmon
12-01-2017, 06:17 PM
He certainly has the right name and bona fides, just not sure if the physical talent is sexy enough for smellway

But he would be a good 2-3 year stopgap for them

Eli is the perfect distraction.

Horseface needs to cover up his other QB "acquisitions," while he scratches around for somebody to play on a longer term basis.

ILChief
12-01-2017, 07:08 PM

I don't even care about getting value for him at this point. I just want him gone

Dylan
12-01-2017, 08:43 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DP4qP5ZX0AEcKI2.jpg

'The Giants' decision to demote Manning was met by a maelstrom from fans, present and former players and media alike'

John Mara

Q: How on board were you with this decision and how involved were you?

A: I had had a conversation with Jerry (Reese) a week or two ago about – and I normally don’t speak to the coach directly about which players are playing and which players are not playing. I’ll have the conversation with Jerry. I mentioned to him a week or two ago – ‘don’t you think it’s time that we start to get a look at these other quarterbacks at some point during the games’ and he agreed. Said he had already had a conversation with Ben (McAdoo) about that. Jerry called me on Monday afternoon, I was at a family function in Virginia, to tell me that Ben was going to be speaking to Eli to let him know that he was going to continue to start the game. He’s going to start the game on Sunday, but that at some point Geno (Smith) would come into the game. Tuesday morning, Jerry called me and said that Eli had informed Ben that ‘if you’re going to play Geno in the second half, you may as well just start him. It’s not fair to him. It’s not fair to me and I think that would be the best decision going forward.’ And, he also wanted us to put out a statement announcing that. So, that’s what we did.

Q: What do you say to fans that are saying you mishandled the situation and that you’re embarrassing him and not treating him appropriately? [/B]

A: Again, it was not the way we hoped it would turn out. I was hoping that he would continue to play and then we’d work out at what point the other quarterbacks go into the game. It just didn’t work out that way and once I heard that, I knew what was coming.

Q: Are you taken aback by the uproar that followed?

A: Yes and no. Yes and no. I mean, I expected there to be an emotional reaction from fans. I would say it’s been a little excessive maybe than what I expected. But given what he has meant to our franchise and to so many people for so long, it’s understandable.

Q: If you could go back and do something different with your decision making in this situation, would you? 

A: At the time, yeah, it could have been a little different. I wish I could have been here when that was all going down. But what I did not expect, and this is my fault, I was probably naïve, I did not expect Eli to react by saying, ‘Go ahead and start the other guys.’ And again, especially after speaking to him today, I completely understand that. But that took me by surprise a little bit and, yeah, maybe I would have handled that a little bit different.

Q: So, it wasn’t just a nominal thing to keep the streak alive?

A: No. I would not have been in favor of just playing him a series or something like that. He’s got to play a meaningful part of the game, whether that was half or three quarters or whatever – that’s for discussion.

Head Coach Ben McAdoo

Q: With that being said, how do you look at the locker room and your team and say that Geno Smith gives you a better chance to win than Eli Manning?

A: We’re confident that we can put a plan together to put Geno in a position to be successful and go win the game.

Q: Geno is going to be a pending free agent, so are you doing this to evaluate if you want to bring him back or is that at least part of it?

A: Yeah. It’s part of the evaluation process. Geno has come in. He’s done everything that we’ve asked him to do. Won the backup job and want to throw him out there and see how he performs. We feel we can put a good plan together and put him in position to help us win this ball game.

Q: You went to Jerry Reese and John Mara after you made this decision independently?

A: We’re all on the same page.

Q: Whose idea was it – do you go to them after the decision is made?

A: We’re all on the same page with the decision.

Media: 'Giants' Davis Webb's practice reps haven't increased this week'
The Giants' quarterback plan continues to be a head-scratcher.

This mess also calls into question the judgment and honesty of John Mara. Seeing Tom Coughlin refuse to shake his hand at his "resignation" news conference told most that Mara was not truthful about that situation.

https://i.imgur.com//KdCk6dP.gif?crop=1xw:1xh;center,center&resize=0

KranzDictum
12-01-2017, 08:47 PM
I want a vet so they can complete the OL rebuild in the draft. Get the best RT and G in the draft and they are done and then can go BPA in the other rounds. Picking a QB in the draft is a crap shoot.

New World Order
12-01-2017, 08:52 PM
Nothing wrong with Eli benching.

You pay the guy to perform.

Dylan
12-01-2017, 09:19 PM
Tell that to the offense...and the rest of the team including the GM and head coach.

Eli may be a small piece of the problem - BUT he is not the ENTIRE problem of why the Giants are 2-9. However, it may be hard for you to understand since you might have watched one or two Giants games a year.

McAdoo is the most hated man in this city!

Ben McAdoo 'at peace' with move to bench Eli Manning

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000885199/article/ben-mcadoo-at-peace-with-move-to-bench-eli-manning

I will be 'at peace' when he is fired.

"Geno had a good week of preparation, a good week of practice," McAdoo said. "He's played football in this league. I'm excited to see him go out there and play in a Giants football uniform."

LMAO

'Manning, one of just 12 quarterbacks to win two or more Super Bowls, has been benched in the middle of an underwhelming season and will be replaced by Geno Smith' of all people, said the New York Times.

Dan Fogelman, the creator of 'This is Us' on NBC in a letter to Eli Manning:

https://www.theringer.com/sports/2017/11/29/16715440/eli-manning-giants-dan-fogelman-letter

George R.R. Martin called it a classless move the way the Giants handled it.

Reporter for the New York Post: 'The Giants destroyed me like they never have before'

https://nypost.com/2017/11/29/the-giants-destroyed-me-like-they-never-have-before/

Eli is as beloved as Derek Jeter in this city. NYC is a sports town...They do not 'love' players often unless they are special.

19now11
12-02-2017, 01:50 PM
the nfl forced zeek to play against us to better our chances of losing and now they have forced macadoodle to bench eli against the faid as to keep the vegas raiders in contention. of course now would be a perfect time to insert josh gordan as well. ball out alex you mother fucker! to the ship. fuck the haters.

19now11
12-02-2017, 01:51 PM
if im eli i break genos jaw.

Dylan
12-02-2017, 03:03 PM
if im eli i break genos jaw.

LMAO The media thought they ran him out of town for his on and off field tactics.

Smith has one NFL start in the past three years and McAdoo thinks he will save his job. The Giants drafted Webb in the third round although he has never practiced with the first team -

The only thing that McAdoo has changed is his hair-do.

As for Smith, what NFL owner is looking at him to lead their team to a Super Bowl?

Allowing an interloper like McAdoo, with nothing on his resume to denigrate one of the greatest Giants of all time...that is what people are angry about.

Hammock Parties
12-02-2017, 03:46 PM
the nfl forced zeek to play against us to better our chances of losing and now they have forced macadoodle to bench eli against the faid as to keep the vegas raiders in contention. of course now would be a perfect time to insert josh gordan as well.

ball out alex you mother fucker! to the ship. fuck the haters.

http://i.imgur.com/18B3QCx.gif

Dylan
12-03-2017, 12:36 AM
https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2017/12/nov03bp.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=780

LMAO

It took Club Brainiacs’ (aka John Mara, Ben McAdoo, Reese) soulless bungling of the apparent transition from Manning to the Giants QB of the future to make many of those on the Giants media bandwagon finally realize the organization is not all they cracked it up to be. It took many moons for the Giants to build this holier-than-thou image and about three days for the media to tear it down - New York Daily News.

Mile High Mania
12-03-2017, 08:44 AM
the nfl forced zeek to play against us to better our chances of losing and now they have forced macadoodle to bench eli against the faid as to keep the vegas raiders in contention. of course now would be a perfect time to insert josh gordan as well. ball out alex you mother ****er! to the ship. **** the haters.

Go home, you’re drunk.

Dylan
12-03-2017, 03:53 PM
I am so glad the Giants wrecked everything they had with Eli for this shit.

Geno: 3 & Out, 3 & Out, 3 & Out! Shitting his pants.

Who needs accuracy, adjustments and reading defenses

Hope ESPN is correct this morning: McAdoo may be fired within 24 hours of Raiders game.

Let's go Raiders!

Edit: Geno is so fucking bad! LMAO

Edit: Well, at least Engram bailed Geno out...

Dylan
12-03-2017, 04:49 PM
awwwwwwwwwwwhahahaha Geno with his second fumble in the end zone! LMAO

Edit: Khalil is an awesome dominant DE...

Why is McAdoo wearing a smock? LOL

Edit: The offensive line is so bad that Geno cannot outrun Reese and McAdoo's incompetence. Therefore, Webb's evaluation will be distorted.