PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Is Alex Smith Playing Hurt

Marcellus
11-29-2017, 11:05 AM
I don't remember where I heard this but the gif of Alex in the Texans game vs the Buffalo game reminded me of it.

Alex is playing like he is hurt. Think about the Giants game and his totally weak arm, his hesitation to throw into even larger open windows down the field and his want to run at the first chance.

It seems like he has a shoulder issue or maybe just a dead arm issue going on but doesn't want to let on because he knows if he hits the bench he isn't likely getting his job back from Mahomes.

It really makes a lot of sense when you think about it.

Discuss.

Ming the Merciless
11-29-2017, 11:06 AM
butthurt

wazu
11-29-2017, 11:08 AM
If true he’d help himself a lot more by letting Mahomes take over. If he loses job to injury it’s a lot different than screwing up his stats and getting benched.

ptlyon
Torn labia

Shaid
You're right, he should get benched until he is healthy. Oh look, Mahomes is kicking ass! Sorry Alex, better luck with your new team!

The Franchise
11-29-2017, 11:09 AM
Fuck him and his injury.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-29-2017, 11:10 AM
Nope. He's back to his same coward self

notorious
11-29-2017, 11:11 AM
He is running headfirst into hits and sacrificing his body. Injuries and his commitment to success is not in question, his confidence in passing is.

Marcellus
11-29-2017, 11:12 AM
He is running headfirst into hits and sacrificing his body. Injuries not his commitment to success is not in question, his confidence in passing is.

Yes he is willing to use his legs, but not his arm. Even more so than ever for some reason. It actually makes sense.

And if he is hurt and not letting on to the coaches and staff it pisses me off even more to be honest.

Dartgod
11-29-2017, 11:12 AM
His brain is broken.

https://pics.me.me/no-no-youre-thinking-about-a-broken-neck-this-is-14838975.png

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-29-2017, 11:14 AM
It does make sense. I'm pretty sure he should be on IR

Hammock Parties
11-29-2017, 11:14 AM
I'm about done with trying to explain why he sucks. Just go away, Alex. We've all wasted enough time and bandwidth dealing with your game manager bullshit. We want our fucking football team back.

ptlyon
11-29-2017, 11:17 AM
We want our ****ing football team back.

Not the same old team though

Why Not?
11-29-2017, 11:18 AM
If so, he's been playing hurt for years. He looks like the same broke dick he always has, with a few exceptions over the years

Pasta Little Brioni
11-29-2017, 11:18 AM
He looks exactly the same as the other decade of his career. The first five weeks were the outlier. Kelly Holcomb and Tommy Maddox had hot streaks once too.

Marcellus
11-29-2017, 11:21 AM
He looks exactly the same as the other decade of his career. The first five weeks were the outlier. Kelly Holcomb and Tommy Maddox had hot streaks once too.

I haven't seen him play a 4 games streak this bad ever and its not really even close.

I'm not making excuses, I want Mahomes, its just weird to fall that far off a cliff that fast. And no he has never played like the first 5 games for that long but he hasn't played this bad for this long before either.

Its not like he is playing on an untalented team with few opportunities, he isn't even trying to make wide open passes. Its insane.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-29-2017, 11:22 AM
Huh? He's had plenty of stretches like this.

notorious
11-29-2017, 11:24 AM
Huh? He's had plenty of stretches like this.

That's what I'm saying. This isn't anything new.

scho63
11-29-2017, 11:25 AM
I don't remember where I heard this but the gif of Alex in the Texans game vs the Buffalo game reminded me of it.

Alex is playing like he is hurt. Think about the Giants game and his totally weak arm, his hesitation to throw into even larger open windows down the field and his want to run at the first chance.

It seems like he has a shoulder issue or maybe just a dead arm issue going on but doesn't want to let on because he knows if he hits the bench he isn't likely getting his job back from Mahomes.

Discuss.

Those horrible throws in the Giants game certainly didn't look like a guy with a healthy arm or shoulder. They were 5 YARDS short, not 5 feet. :hmmm:

BigBeauford
11-29-2017, 11:29 AM
Since that first 5 weeks, i have noticed a good portion of his balls have been high, with loose spirals. Could be his shoulder is bothering him. Regardless, if he is hurt, its pretty selfish not to report it for fear of losing the job if Pat steps in and plays well.

Rasputin
11-29-2017, 11:30 AM
All the more reason to make the switch at Quarterback and coach being dumb not too.

kysirsoze
11-29-2017, 11:32 AM
Andy should bench Alex for his own safety. It's the right thing to do.

ptlyon
11-29-2017, 11:33 AM
Those horrible throws in the Giants game certainly didn't look like a guy with a healthy arm or shoulder. They were 5 YARDS short, not 5 feet. :hmmm:

That wind tho

Black Bob
11-29-2017, 11:34 AM

Discuss.

Says a lot about Mahommes readiness if he's playing hurt

sedated
11-29-2017, 11:38 AM

Someone commented during the Giants game that when Alex was passing, he was winding his entire body up like he's going for a hail mary, but it's just a 10 (or so) yard throw.

And his passes have been unbelievable shitty the last 2 weeks, even the worst Alex hater never accused him of being that inaccurate.

If anyone has the motivation to play hurt, it's certainly Smith. Not saying I think he has an injury, but its definitely plausible.

Hammock Parties
11-29-2017, 11:40 AM
This isn't a guy with a dead arm.

He's just Alex.

https://i.imgur.com/f0abNTe.gif

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-29-2017, 11:45 AM
This isn't a guy with a dead arm.

He's just Alex.

https://i.imgur.com/f0abNTe.gif

I just watched that 10 times and he completed it EVERY time.

TimBone
If he was hurt, I don't think he'd be diving head and shoulders first when he's scrambling.

RunKC
He's got David Carr syndrome.

Scared to get hit and feeling scared. I think each bad performance is stacking in his mind and he's starting to really feel the pressure mounting.

He knows guys like Kelce are off his bandwagon.

oldman
I think he knows he's not going to be a Chief next year, so I doubt he's playing hurt to keep his job. It would be wiser for him to report an injury and sit on the bench for X amount of time. Secondly, it would seem to me that the coaching/training staff would notice an injury during practice. He's just not stepping up into the pocket to let it fly.

Deberg_1990
11-29-2017, 11:48 AM
If your hurt and you know you are hurting the team with your poor play, what's that say about you?

Pasta Little Brioni
11-29-2017, 11:49 AM
He's been diagnosed with Cuckitis

stumppy
11-29-2017, 11:59 AM
The thought has crossed my mind. Especially since the Giants game.

HemiEd
11-29-2017, 12:03 PM

Haven't you heard? It was the wind!

Maybe Marcellus is on to something here and he is playing hurt. IIRC he took a pretty could slamming to the ground in the Steeler game.

Chiefnj2
11-29-2017, 12:04 PM
A QB with an injured shoulder/arm isn't going to scramble and go air born headfirst into multiple defenders trying to pick up first downs.

carcosa
11-29-2017, 12:08 PM

Tommy Maddox is an XFL legend.

RobBlake
11-29-2017, 12:09 PM
He’s playing depressed. His best friend killed himself a long time ago

chiefzilla1501
11-29-2017, 12:11 PM

Discuss.

Alex Smith was exposed by the steelers. I don't think he's hurt. He's just playing scared.

SI article nailed it. He isnt aggressive to begin with but then he also can't hit passes with anticipation. He waits for a receiver to be open by a country mile. So defenses figured him out. Don't bite on the misdirection, cover the flats, have your entire defense play downhill.

I would agree with you except that we are getting beat by the same defensive look every single week since Pittsburgh.

gblowfish
11-29-2017, 12:12 PM
I'm sure they'll find a reason to put him on the injury report if he stinks it up against the Jets.

ptlyon
11-29-2017, 12:13 PM
I'm sure they'll find a reason to put him on the injury report if he stinks it up against the Jets.

Hopefully from a Kelce beat down...

BlackHelicopters
11-29-2017, 01:01 PM
Vaginal abrasions

KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN
11-29-2017, 01:51 PM
Let's hope he becomes the next Wally Pip or Pete Best! Google it

wazu
11-29-2017, 01:58 PM
Let's hope he becomes the next Wally Pip or Pete Best! Google it

Don’t you need to not suck before you can be Wally Pipped?

dls6501
11-29-2017, 02:15 PM
Unless his eyes are hurt and causing him to not see the plethora of wide open receivers who dont get the ball every game, Id say no.

ptlyon
11-29-2017, 02:26 PM
Unless his eyes are hurt and causing him to not see the plethora of wide open receivers who dont get the ball every game, Id say no.

This has come to my mind before actually.

Does he need his eye prescription checked?

Is his wife putting out sufficiently? Has he been masturbating too much?

Does he just not give a shit?

ILChief
11-29-2017, 02:32 PM
No excuses

Marcellus
11-29-2017, 02:41 PM

Good point. Maybe he needs glasses.

ModSocks
11-29-2017, 02:44 PM
This has crossed my mind. He seems noticeably weaker.

But if he were injured they'd just start Mahomes.

My opinion is that it's arm fatigue.

Easy 6
11-29-2017, 02:44 PM

He needs a good douching

old_geezer
11-29-2017, 02:45 PM

He needs a spine.

ptlyon
11-29-2017, 02:45 PM

From masturbating too much

T-post Tom
11-29-2017, 02:50 PM
No. He is not playing hurt.

Marcellus
11-29-2017, 02:54 PM

My thought is he has an issue like arm fatigue or a shoulder problem he isn't telling anyone about.

Whatever the case I think one more shitty game and possibly just a half of a game gets him to the bench.

Nickhead
11-29-2017, 02:54 PM
No. He is not playing hurt.

actually he is, i vividly recall a time a few weeks ago where the media mentioned he was on the injury report. but it was only mentioned once, earlier in the week after a game. :D

i will try and find if i can.

ETA: https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2017/10/6/16435046/chiefs-alex-smith-pops-up-on-the-injury-report-after-his-biggest-rushing-day-in-over-a-year

it was his ankle, so it must be his plant foot :thumb: :D

chiefzilla1501
11-29-2017, 03:41 PM

Is he weaker or is he just not throwing with confidence? It might be both. But considering he seems to have this arm strength issue every year (throws hard when he feels confident) i think that's a much bigger factor. Even the easy stuff he's sailing over his receivers heads. That's most definitely a confidence problem.

ptlyon
11-29-2017, 03:45 PM
Might be a low T problem