PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Who wins a title first: Andy Reid or Doug Pederson?

Deberg_1990
11-30-2017, 09:03 AM
The Master or apprentice?

Discussion.......

loochy
11-30-2017, 09:07 AM
I won't say Doug

But I will say not Andy
Posted via Mobile Device

Rams Fan
11-30-2017, 09:07 AM
They both have a ring from being associated with the 1995 Packers.

Thread fail.

loochy
11-30-2017, 09:08 AM
They both have a ring from being associated with the 1995 Packers.

Thread fail.
you know what he meant
Posted via Mobile Device

Eleazar
11-30-2017, 09:09 AM
I'd bet on Pederson for sure. We definitely let the wrong coach go.

At least with Pederson you have the beginnings of a track record of success and the beginnings of signs he can develop a young quarterback. With Reid we have two decades of precedent that say we're currently getting what we'll always get from him.

TLO
11-30-2017, 09:10 AM
I'd rather drink white wine with Billay while engaging in a conversation with Donger than read another DeBerg thread.

jjchieffan
11-30-2017, 09:21 AM
Pederson could win it all this season. He's doing very well in Philly. Andy, not so much. I'm going with Pederson.

Reerun_KC
11-30-2017, 09:24 AM
Doug - innovative, younger, willing to take a risk vertically down the field to achieve success

Andy - proven, safe, low risk/low reward, boring, predictable

Doug has a better chance by far so I’ll take doug.

loochy
11-30-2017, 09:28 AM
Another example of the benefits of never going full retread.

ChiTown
11-30-2017, 09:48 AM
Doug - innovative, younger, willing to take a risk vertically down the field to achieve success

QB - Doug has a talented, young Starting QB with balls. Andy has the exact opposite.

Advtg, Dougie

TambaBerry
11-30-2017, 09:49 AM
Andy will never win a title he is a good regular season coach but the dude just cant make the right decisions

The Franchise
11-30-2017, 10:02 AM
I reserve the right to see how Doug calls plays in the playoffs.

Deberg_1990
11-30-2017, 10:08 AM

So once Mahomes is the starter you don't think Andy will change?

RunKC
11-30-2017, 10:29 AM
Doug.

Carson Wentz is the best young QB I've seen in my lifetime. Yes better than Manning, Brady and Luck as compared to where they were in their 2nd seasons.

Wentz might be better than Aaron Rodgers. Insane how good he's become from year 1 to 2.

Deberg_1990
11-30-2017, 10:39 AM
Doug.

Carson Wentz is the best young QB I've seen in my lifetime. Yes better than Manning, Brady and Luck as compared to where they were in their 2nd seasons.

Wentz might be better than Aaron Rodgers. Insane how good he's become from year 1 to 2.

Hold on young man. Let's at least wait until his first playoffs to anoint

He did get beat by a below average Chiefs defense

RunKC
11-30-2017, 10:56 AM
Hold on young man. Let's at least wait until his first playoffs to anoint

He did get beat by a below average Chiefs defense

It was an anomaly unfortunately.

5 sacks and 11 QB hits that day is why we won. By far our best defensive performance all year.
Houston was back, Jones had a career game, Ford looked like he did last year and Bailey looked like he used to.

King_Chief_Fan
11-30-2017, 11:19 AM

Nope

Valiant
11-30-2017, 11:36 AM

No. Because bad play calling, late play calls, clock management are not going away.

Eleazar
11-30-2017, 11:58 AM
No. Because bad play calling, late play calls, clock management are not going away.

With a hall of fame type QB, it's possible Reid could win a Super Bowl. The league is so QB-centric now that if you hit on a player like that, they might be able to cover everything else.

The point with Reid is that he makes it harder for his team to win every week. He's a problem that the QB would need to be good enough to overcome.

Warrior5
11-30-2017, 12:37 PM
Pederson.

OKchiefs
11-30-2017, 12:41 PM
We have a bitch at quarterback. Pederson has an amazing quarterback.

Pederson/Wentz >>>>>>> Reid/Smith

Marcellus
11-30-2017, 12:44 PM
Nope

LMAO

They drafted a guy like Mahomes so they could run Alex Smith 2.0 out there right?

LMAO

Marcellus
11-30-2017, 12:44 PM
We have a bitch at quarterback. Pederson has an amazing quarterback.

Pederson/Wentz >>>>>>> Reid/Smith

Sometimes I think we have the dumbest fan base on Earth.

jimidollar
11-30-2017, 01:18 PM
Pederson has a better chance. Andy's time has run out.

Rausch
11-30-2017, 01:25 PM
Pederson has a better chance. Andy's time has run out.

Pederson doesn't coach the Chiefs....

Pasta Little Brioni
11-30-2017, 01:34 PM

That has nooooothing to do with the QB I'msure. Morons.

KCUnited
11-30-2017, 01:49 PM
Depends on the title.

Super Bowl - Pederson
Mustard Belt - Reid

OKchiefs
11-30-2017, 02:27 PM

Explain

Reerun_KC
11-30-2017, 02:32 PM

No. See history with philly and HOF QB McNabb.

Not even with Mahomes. Reid will always revert back to his comfort level when the pressure is the greatest.

Marcellus
11-30-2017, 04:13 PM
Explain

How long do you think Alex Smith has left as a starter?

Manila-Chief
11-30-2017, 04:19 PM
Doug has a chance

The other guy .... not so much! 19 years of failure kinda tells it all.

MTG#10
11-30-2017, 04:22 PM
Pederson. Reid will never win a Superbowl.

Chiefaholic
11-30-2017, 05:34 PM
Doug has a chance

The other guy .... not so much! 19 years of failure kinda tells it all.

Some of you clowns have already forgotten the Herm Edward's era.

Reerun_KC
11-30-2017, 05:42 PM
Some of you clowns have already forgotten the Herm Edward's era.

Which is absolutely pointless to this conversation, so yeah you’re right.

Still Reid has 20 decades of consistent gaffes to fall back upon.

Easy 6
11-30-2017, 05:48 PM
Nope

Reid wont change for the most part, but the success of his scheme certainly soon will

Marcellus
11-30-2017, 06:17 PM
Which is absolutely pointless to this conversation, so yeah you’re right.

Still Reid has 20 decades of consistent gaffes to fall back upon.

Do you consider Marv Levy to be a failure as a coach?

Reerun_KC
11-30-2017, 06:22 PM
Do you consider Marv Levy to be a failure as a coach?

No but I don’t recall Marv having a HOF QB in KC either.

Buehler445
11-30-2017, 06:43 PM

At least with Pederson you have the beginnings of a track record of success and the beginnings of signs he can develop a young quarterback. With Reid we have two decades of precedent that say we're currently getting what we'll always get from him.

It may be all Wentz, man. I wasn't enamoured with his gameplan against us. Which you would think he would bring some creativity to so the staff won't lean on his tendencies too much.

Wentz is good man. So is their nasty ass front 7.

Go watch Clays All 22 thread. Reid is calling plays that would wreck pussies downfield. Smith just must be REALLY nearsighted. Maybe we can get him Lasik.

Zilla spent 2 days arguing with me that Squirmin Herman Motherfucking Sack of Cunt Edwards was good for the franchise. AGAIN! So, yeah. We do.

TribalElder
11-30-2017, 10:31 PM
In be 4 poll

JakeF
11-30-2017, 11:34 PM
Pederson, i don't think that Andy will ever win a title. Wentz wouldn't be Wentz if he was being coached by Andy.

11-30-2017, 11:38 PM
Doug. I don't think Andy will ever win a title.

Marcellus
12-01-2017, 07:35 AM
No but I don’t recall Marv having a HOF QB in KC either.

:facepalm:

He had one in Buffalo and made it to the SB 4 years in a row losing all of them.

Reid made it to 4 NFCCG in a row and lost by 1 score in the SB one of those years.

Basically he won one less game than Levy in 3 of those years. Marv is a HOF coach.

The guy has his issues but 4 straight NFCCG cant be just dismissed.

Deberg_1990
01-21-2018, 07:30 PM
Pederson with Foles!

Spott
01-21-2018, 07:31 PM
It would have to be Pederson, because Andy's fat ass ain't ever winning one.

Eleazar
01-21-2018, 07:32 PM

Solid post

Stryker
01-21-2018, 07:34 PM
Solid post

We let Pederson go and we kept Reid :deevee::):rolleyes:

mcaj22
01-21-2018, 07:34 PM
:facepalm:

He had one in Buffalo and made it to the SB 4 years in a row losing all of them.

Reid made it to 4 NFCCG in a row and lost by 1 score in the SB one of those years.

Basically he won one less game than Levy in 3 of those years. Marv is a HOF coach.

The guy has his issues but 4 straight NFCCG cant be just dismissed.

yea and his NFCCG are what? 10+ years old now?

in 5 years here he has not gotten anywhere close to a AFCCG. Can't get passed the wild card or divisional round in 1 game. He doesn't even sniff conference appearances anymore.

You can also argue that Jim Johnson carried him to those NFCCG except for 1.

He was in NFCCG games by his 3rd year in Philly. Next year will be his 6th in KC and he hasn't sniffed anything close.

but hey, keep living on his resume from 10 years ago that will help KC in the present.

Eleazar
01-21-2018, 07:37 PM
We let Pederson go and we kept Reid :deevee::):rolleyes:

Not only did we keep him, we let him push out the GM

ChiefsCountry
01-21-2018, 07:53 PM
yea and his NFCCG are what? 10+ years old now?

in 5 years here he has not gotten anywhere close to a AFCCG. Can't get passed the wild card or divisional round in 1 game. He doesn't even sniff conference appearances anymore.

You can also argue that Jim Johnson carried him to those NFCCG except for 1.

He was in NFCCG games by his 3rd year in Philly. Next year will be his 6th in KC and he hasn't sniffed anything close.

but hey, keep living on his resume from 10 years ago that will help KC in the present.

We got the mother fucking QB now. Enjoy the ride.

carcosa
01-21-2018, 08:00 PM
Andy Reid fucking sucks

ChiTown
01-21-2018, 08:02 PM
We got the mother ****ing QB now. Enjoy the ride.

I’ve been on this ride for 50 years. Most of it has flat sucked.

ChiefsCountry
01-21-2018, 08:03 PM
I’ve been on this ride for 50 years. Most of it has flat sucked.

But for the first time since Lenny and the two years of Joe Montana's corpse we actually have a fucking QB. We got some 2014 and 2015 Royals type years coming up for the Chiefs.

ChiTown
01-21-2018, 08:10 PM
But for the first time since Lenny and the two years of Joe Montana's corpse we actually have a ****ing QB. We got some 2014 and 2015 Royals type years coming up for the Chiefs.

They better sure up that D. Right now, that side of the ball is a shit show - starting with our DC

TimBone
01-21-2018, 08:11 PM
I don't know if this has been posted yet, but it's worth noting. Twice in the last four seasons, we have beaten both Super Bowl teams, and didn't do shit as far as postseason success of our own.

In 2014, we beat both the Pats and Seahawks...but yet couldn't make the playoffs.

This year, we beat the Pats and the Eagles, then got embarrassed by Marcus Fucking Mariota in the wildcard round.

That's a pretty unique achievement considering the Chiefs only play four teams from the NFC every year.

I didn't think it was worth it's own thread, but that's still something that describes the Chiefs perfectly.

01-21-2018, 08:13 PM
We got the mother fucking QB now. Enjoy the ride.Andy will ruin him

ChiefsCountry
01-21-2018, 08:13 PM
They better sure up that D. Right now, that side of the ball is a shit show - starting with our DC

Score a fucking touchdown in the second half and know body gives a shit about the defense giving up points.

RunKC
01-21-2018, 08:21 PM
Marrone gets the ****ing Jags with Blake Bortles to the AFC Championship game in his first year.
Pederson gets his team to the SB with Nick Foles in year 2.

Reid gets 2 historical collapses in his first 5 years.

I stand by what I said earlier this month: I would have fired Andy and hired Nagy.

Eleazar
01-21-2018, 08:25 PM
Marrone gets the ****ing Jags with Blake Bortles to the AFC Championship game in his first year.

I stand by what I said earlier this month: I would have fired Andy and hired Nagy.

True fans will be along soon to remind you how many regular season games he has won

Sassy Squatch
01-21-2018, 08:34 PM
Pederson can count on his defense to hold onto the leads they get. Reid can't.

Eleazar
01-21-2018, 08:38 PM
Pederson gets a Gatorade bath. Andy is off somewhere getting a sponge bath.

ILChief
01-21-2018, 08:40 PM

I think I agree. Andy, like Alex, was what we needed at the time to dig us out of Pioli hell and bring us back to respectability. They have taken us as far as they can. Time to get over the hump. We have the QB, now we need the head coach

Coochie liquor
01-21-2018, 08:47 PM
Pederson gets a Gatorade bath. Andy is off somewhere getting a sponge bbq sauce bath.

Fyp

Deberg_1990
02-04-2018, 09:19 PM
Doug does!

carcosa
02-04-2018, 09:20 PM
LMao

cdcox
02-04-2018, 09:20 PM
Andy knows this is on him and will work on fixing it.

JakeF
02-04-2018, 09:21 PM
Pederson with Foles!

called it

Coochie liquor
02-04-2018, 09:23 PM
Pederson

cdcox
Pederson can count on his defense to hold onto the leads they get. Reid can't.

Pedersen also kept the accelerator to the floor the whole game. Andy would be nursing that 10 point lead coming out of the locker room and Lose by 14.

Eleazar
And people act like Reid isn’t the problem.

Deberg_1990
called it

Because Chiefs!

Sorce
02-04-2018, 09:27 PM
And people act like Reid isn’t the problem.Smith was the problem, and Sutton. Who gave them unlimited chances oh yeah fire the kool-aid man.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Kyle DeLexus
02-04-2018, 09:28 PM
Pedersen also kept the accelerator to the floor the whole game. Andy would be nursing that 10 point lead coming out of the locker room and Lose by 14.

This is 100% accurate.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-04-2018, 11:01 PM
Dumbass

Eleazar
02-04-2018, 11:04 PM
Andy knows this is on him and will work on fixing it.

ROFL

crazycoffey
02-04-2018, 11:07 PM

/ end thread. I agree

Easy 6
02-04-2018, 11:09 PM
Did I say something in this thread?

If I did ignore it, go with the facts on the ground

You better wake the **** up, Andy Reid... this was the ultimate wakeup call

Sassy Squatch
02-04-2018, 11:11 PM
Did I say something in this thread?

If I did ignore it, go with the facts on the ground

You better wake the **** up, Andy Reid... this was the ultimate wakeup call
LMAO Clark Hunt wanted to keep fucking Pioli around after 2-14. He's not getting rid of Reid unless shit goes so massively sideways we embarrass him by flying planes again.

GloucesterChief
02-04-2018, 11:23 PM
LMAO Clark Hunt wanted to keep ****ing Pioli around after 2-14. He's not getting rid of Reid unless shit goes so massively sideways we embarrass him by flying planes again.

Really if I am an owner the banners don't bother me that much as at least it shows the fans care. The empty seats on the other hand are. The opposite of love isn't hate, its apathy.

Easy 6
02-04-2018, 11:27 PM
LMAO Clark Hunt wanted to keep ****ing Pioli around after 2-14. He's not getting rid of Reid unless shit goes so massively sideways we embarrass him by flying planes again.

Our former OC just took our former backup QB, that almost everyone here said was dogshit... and smoked a dynasty with him

Holy. Crap.

If this doesnt itch Andys ass then nothing will, its nothing short of amazing and absolutely SHOULD chap Reids ass... he had a Super Bowl Champion QB here all along, and let him go in favor of Smith

GUARANTEE you its an awkward time around Arrowhead right now, wow man... this was right in their FACE

They better sell their mfering souls to set things right around Mahomes... because they dicked this shit UP

Sassy Squatch
02-04-2018, 11:32 PM
Our former OC just took our former backup QB, that almost everyone here said was dogshit... and smoked a dynasty with him

Holy. Crap.

If this doesnt itch Andys ass then nothing will, its nothing short of amazing and absolutely SHOULD chap Reids ass... he had a Super Bowl Champion QB here all along, and let him go in favor of Smith

GUARANTEE you its an awkward time around Arrowhead right now, wow man... this was right in their FACE

They better sell their mfering souls to set things right around Mahomes... because they dicked this shit UP
Foles WAS dog shit here, and he's been dog shit everywhere else he's been outside of the stretch in 2013. He was dog shit in Philly with Pederson too, until he let him play the offense he excels in. Props to Pederson for having enough guts to do that for his QB, But there was a reason Foles fell off the face of the earth after 2013.

Best22
02-04-2018, 11:35 PM

Why do fans say Clark wanted to keep Pioli and co. after 2012? We were utter garbage, attendance was down, a Belcher happened.

Hunt was going to clean house regardless of what the fans did

Best22
02-04-2018, 11:37 PM

Holy. Crap.

Foles wouldn't have won a Superbowl with this roster in KC

And Foles did nothing in 2016 to warrant giving him a starting job.

Eagles>Chiefs. Philly's roster is stacked

I'd love to have Pederson though

Easy 6
02-04-2018, 11:52 PM
Foles WAS dog shit here, and he's been dog shit everywhere else he's been outside of the stretch in 2013. He was dog shit in Philly with Pederson too, until he let him play the offense he excels in. Props to Pederson for having enough guts to do that for his QB, But there was a reason Foles fell off the face of the earth after 2013.

Foles was no good without the 2017 Eagles all star roster blah blah blah LMAO

You revisionist historians are priceless, never admit fault... just say you knew it all along

Easy 6
02-04-2018, 11:56 PM
Foles wouldn't have won a Superbowl with this roster in KC

And Foles did nothing in 2016 to warrant giving him a starting job.

Eagles>Chiefs. Philly's roster is stacked

I'd love to have Pederson though

Your guarantees about who wins what mean less than nothing

Foles won a Super Bowl with an equal roster

DaneMcCloud
02-04-2018, 11:58 PM
Your guarantees about who wins what mean less than nothing

Foles won a Super Bowl with an equal roster

So, the Chiefs Front 7 is equal to the Eagles Front 7?

The Chiefs O line is equal to the Eagles O line?

The Chiefs RB Corp is equal to the Eagles RB Corp?

Easy 6
02-05-2018, 12:21 AM
So, the Chiefs Front 7 is equal to the Eagles Front 7?

The Chiefs O line is equal to the Eagles O line?

The Chiefs RB Corp is equal to the Eagles RB Corp?

As soon as I seen your name here, I knew you'd be ripping my take

We can argue aspects of all those units, giving some here and taking some there... but the fact remains that Pederson took Kellys roster and completely transformed that straight loser unit in two years

He not only transformed the mindset, and personnel to any extent possible, of that loser squad in 2 years, but he took a QB most here were more than happy to get rid of, and beat the dogshit out of the biggest dynasty of our lifetime with him

Why harangue me with individual unit gripes, Pederson wasnt handed some complete squad... he turned our former backup into a Brady beater

Its time we see Reid do the same with our guys, imperfect as they may be... being a fan of this team and its coaches/personnel doesnt mean they deserve a free pass

You're cracking me here but you know I'm right... our saving grace is that Mahomes is about to permanently change this teams dynamic for the next 15 or so years, so we got that going for us, which is nice

But seeing Pederson in his second year win it all with a backup QB doesnt bother you even a little bit?

Its too late and I'm not up for a fight right now... but come on man, this shit is disappointing

ping2000
02-05-2018, 12:25 AM
C'mon people. Everybody knows it is Andy's job to groom people for other teams and their fans. It's all about their hopes and dreams, not ours. Got it?

carcosa
02-05-2018, 12:49 AM
Andy Reid is a huge piece of shit who sucks

GloryDayz
02-05-2018, 06:10 AM
But but but but but but but but we had injuries, and the Eagles did n.......wait.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

GloryDayz
02-05-2018, 06:13 AM

Holy. Crap.

They better sell their mfering souls to set things right around Mahomes... because they dicked this shit UPReid took responsibility, so there's that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

lawrenceRaider
02-05-2018, 08:04 AM
Andy Reid is who he is. He won't be changing his spots at this point in life. After a couple decades of the same thing over and over that should have long ago proven to him that it isn't going to work, how in hell do any of you think he's going to be a different guy now?

Pasta Little Brioni
02-05-2018, 08:29 AM
He pulled a Flacco. Will never happen again.

GoChargers
02-05-2018, 08:33 AM
He pulled a Flacco. Will never happen again.

In addition to the Super Bowl win, Flacco was a Lee Evans drop away from at least appearing in another one and has more road playoff wins than any other QB in NFL history. Let's not pretend he's some scrub who got lucky. Foles has a long way to go before he can be compared to Flacco.

farmerchief
02-05-2018, 08:34 AM
If the Chiefs had Phillys D, Andy may have? Although they did just give up 33 to the Pats!

GloryDayz
02-05-2018, 08:54 AM
Andy Reid is who he is. He won't be changing his spots at this point in life. After a couple decades of the same thing over and over that should have long ago proven to him that it isn't going to work, how in hell do any of you think he's going to be a different guy now?

I don't think anybody does, nor do we think Sutton will stop acting stupidly, but that doesn't mean Hunt isn't dazzled by their excuses.

"Next year...."

ChiTown
02-05-2018, 08:57 AM
You have to have balls to have babies. Dougie has balls and Andy has a big fat labia.

Gravedigger
02-05-2018, 09:07 AM
Shouldn't this be /thread?...

bricks
02-05-2018, 09:14 AM
If the Chiefs had Phillys D, Andy may have? Although they did just give up 33 to the Pats!

No. Andy Reid would have went into conservative mode trying to nurse the lead as much as he can only to **** it up at the end.

At least Peterson stayed aggressive on offense and kept scoring. We know that wouldn’t happen with Andy.

lawrenceRaider
02-05-2018, 09:33 AM
I don't think anybody does, nor do we think Sutton will stop acting stupidly, but that doesn't mean Hunt is dazzled by their excuses.

"Next year...."

Not sure what Chiefs fans did to deserve Marty, and now Andy, but that's some shit man.

DaneMcCloud
02-05-2018, 09:34 AM
But seeing Pederson in his second year win it all with a backup QB doesnt bother you even a little bit?

Nah, it doesn’t bother me a bit. I’m happy for those guys.

Football is the ultimate team sport and the Chiefs team that whooped the Patriots in Week 1 was nothing like the team that lost to the Titans in the Wild Card round.

If the Chiefs had Spencer Ware, Eric Berry, Dee Ford, Chris Conley, Chris Jones and a healthy Travis Kelce in the 2nd half and still lost to the Titans, then yeah, I’d be a little upset.

The Eagles were the best team in the NFL this year due to Howie Roseman, Doug Pederson and Jim Schwartz. Congrats to them on a job well done.

RunKC
02-05-2018, 10:32 AM

Football is the ultimate team sport and the Chiefs team that whooped the Patriots in Week 1 was nothing like the team that lost to the Titans in the Wild Card round.

If the Chiefs had Spencer Ware, Eric Berry, Dee Ford, Chris Conley, Chris Jones and a healthy Travis Kelce in the 2nd half and still lost to the Titans, then yeah, I’d be a little upset.

The Eagles were the best team in the NFL this year due to Howie Roseman, Doug Pederson and Jim Schwartz. Congrats to them on a job well done.

Howie Roseman deserves so much credit. I want Veach to emulate his 2017 offseason.

Guy just killed it last Spring.

Deberg_1990
02-05-2018, 10:53 AM

Absolutely! Congrats to the Eagles

Also, congrats to Them for proving what a complete fraud Chip Kelly was

GloryDayz
02-05-2018, 01:20 PM

Quality post...

Beef Supreme
02-05-2018, 01:25 PM
It's probably it's a good thing Chris Collinsworth wasn't the replay official. That dude wanted a Patriots win, there is no doubt.