PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Is Reid’s Offense Too Complex?

Meatloaf
12-02-2017, 06:54 PM
It seems that most football pundits note that Reid’s offense is very intricate, complex and exhaustive. Heck even our own coaches have noted that due to our complicated offense, it typically takes quite awhile for our young WRs to pick up all of the nuances of said offense. So, the question I have is whether the offense is simply too complex?

It’s not like Reid’s teams have set offensive records or anything, so what’s the reasoning behind employing such an offense? As has been stated, it seems that year after year, Reid has added layer upon layer to the playbook which apparently now resembles the Encyclopedia Brittanica in magnitude.

Just spitballing here, but do you feel such a complicated offense is worth the investment in time and effort? Your thoughts?

Easy 6
12-02-2017, 06:55 PM
No

In58men
12-02-2017, 06:57 PM
No

Reerun_KC
12-02-2017, 06:58 PM
gigabytes

TribalElder
12-02-2017, 07:04 PM
gigabytes

This

The gigabits

TLO
12-02-2017, 07:08 PM
This

The gigabits

WTF does this mean?

Flying High D
12-02-2017, 07:11 PM
Opposing teams seem to have no problem stifling the complex offense. They very simply shut it down. No accountability anywhere.

Hammock Parties
12-02-2017, 07:12 PM
Reid is going to the HOF because of his offensive rep. The size and complexity of his offense is not a negative. Unless your "gigabytes" run at 386 mhz.

Flying High D
12-02-2017, 07:16 PM
[QUOTE=TLO;13254821]WTF does this mean?[/QUOTE

WTF stands for Worshipping, Teaching and Fellowship. Which is what will be doing in church tomorrow.

RunKC
12-02-2017, 07:18 PM
I think the hardest part is the gimmick alignments/responsibilities. It seems like we run 5 different variations of a single play.

TEX
12-02-2017, 07:18 PM
Reid is going to the HOF because of his offensive rep. The size and complexity of his offense is not a negative. Unless your "gigabytes" run at 386 mhz.

:clap: Exactly!

OKchiefs
12-02-2017, 08:31 PM
Well, not sure if this is really the case or not, but I do recall hearing or reading someone in the media talking about how the Chiefs don't really have the ability to physically outperform a defense on sheer talent alone, so they have to outscheme them. It seems like that was working earlier in the season, but the teams have caught on.

I'm honestly not sure why everyone ever thought so highly of our front office's ability to scout and add talent. For a while everyone thought John Dorsey was a god. To me, his legacy is that of passing on Derek Carr in the draft, failing to add depth and starting talent at linebacker and the secondary, handing out horrible contracts, and never being able to build a competent offensive line.

This team doesn't have an identity, and there isn't a single thing they do particularly well. I guess Reid's offense can be a good one, but we are significantly broken or flawed in many aspects on the offense. Alex Smith should never have been the leader of this offense for 5 years. The offensive line is a joke, despite being well paid at 3/5 positions. The wide receivers still are not that great. We have by far the weakest receivers in our division. The running game should be fine if we can get an offensive line that isn't stocked with weak, undersized crap. However, we have no depth and would be screwed if Hunt went down. Hopefully Ware comes back and is a solid backup to Hunt next year.

There are a lot of problems with this team, and they are nowhere near as talented as they were sold to be.

Red Dawg
12-02-2017, 08:40 PM
The only problem with our offense is Smith is running it. Wrs are wide open a lot but of course Smith is weak and does nothing.

EPodolak
12-02-2017, 09:52 PM
Wouldn't it be something to see Andy without his play menu in hand?

On the other hand, whatever works.

Chiefshrink
12-02-2017, 09:57 PM
Nope.

pugsnotdrugs19
12-02-2017, 10:00 PM
Nah. It's these guys jobs to know the offense inside and out and execute it. They get hits upon hours each day to work at it.

Besides, I don't know if it's as complex as it is just really unique, sensible, and innovative.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-02-2017, 10:00 PM
I prefer Herms TecmoSuper Bowl playbook/Peeroy

Flying High D
12-02-2017, 10:08 PM
Everybody on the team, coaches and ownership are to comfortable.
This shit pile needs to be stirred.

Reerun_KC
12-02-2017, 10:10 PM
Everybody on the team, coaches and ownership are to comfortable.

This shit pile needs to be stirred.

Agree the product is stale after 5 years of mediocrity and a 1-4 playoff record.

Coogs
12-03-2017, 07:58 AM
It seems that most football pundits note that Reid’s offense is very intricate, complex and exhaustive. Heck even our own coaches have noted that due to our complicated offense, it typically takes quite awhile for our young WRs to pick up all of the nuances of said offense. So, the question I have is whether the offense is simply too complex?

It’s not like Reid’s teams have set offensive records or anything, so what’s the reasoning behind employing such an offense? As has been stated, it seems that year after year, Reid has added layer upon layer to the playbook which apparently now resembles the Encyclopedia Brittanica in magnitude.

Just spitballing here, but do you feel such a complicated offense is worth the investment in time and effort? Your thoughts?
Philly, Wentz, and their receivers seem to be doing just fine with it. :shrug:

oldman
12-03-2017, 08:15 AM
Maybe it's time to just go back and play some hard-nose football instead of being cute. I'm not advocating a return of Martyball, but I would like to see our line knock some people on their butts for a change. Cut the playbook down and execute what's left.

Rasputin
12-03-2017, 08:17 AM
It's complicated for Alex Smith to score touchdowns even though he has the fastest weapon in the NFL.

chiefzilla1501
12-03-2017, 09:01 AM
What's so hard about an offense where you look at one receiver and if he's not open check it down underneath? At least that's the offense Ive seen the past 5 years.

Dave Lane
12-03-2017, 09:22 AM
[QUOTE=TLO;13254821]WTF does this mean?[/QUOTE

WTF stands for Worshipping, Teaching and Fellowship. Which is what will be doing in church tomorrow.

So kilobytes and useless. Is that your point?

WhiteWhale
12-03-2017, 10:51 AM
Philly, Wentz, and their receivers seem to be doing just fine with it. :shrug:

Yeah, but it's also well known that Pederson has reduced plays and added them as Wentz developed.

He didn't expect him to know the whole offense for his first start. Hell, I think philly actually simplified their offense from last season to this season.

It's totally normal for coaches to do this with rookie/young QB's. Steelers won a superbowl with a rookie Ben and they didn't call plays that asked him to read the whole field. Just one side.