PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Why should Reid return next year?

Eleazar
12-03-2017, 03:34 PM
It's been 5 years now, and we are no closer to the Super Bowl than when he arrived. The team has 0 meaningful postseason wins. We have one of the worst defenses in the league. We have precious little on offense. It's an undisciplined, soft, prideless team. This is the same mediocre turdstorm year in and year out.

Why should Reid return, other than CHunt making him king last year?

Coochie liquor
12-03-2017, 03:35 PM
5 year extension for one!

dirk digler
12-03-2017, 03:36 PM
:facepalm:

kcpasco
12-03-2017, 03:45 PM
Andy Reid has lost the team. There is no one that is availbe that is better unfortunately. Stick with Reid and his warts I guess.

TLO
12-03-2017, 03:45 PM
https://i.imgur.com/qJfxpiq.gif

DaneMcCloud
12-03-2017, 03:47 PM
No, Reid should not return.

If he can't get it done in 5 years, why would he be able to get it done in 6, 7 or 8 years?

OnTheWarpath15
12-03-2017, 03:48 PM
Because his mediocre, 1-and-done teams keep asses in the seats.

Sincerely,

Clark Hunt.

gold_and_red
12-03-2017, 03:49 PM
Andy Reid has lost the team. There is no one that is availbe that is better unfortunately. Stick with Reid and his warts I guess.

Yes 100% Chiefs way, lose with a known quantity than risk it all with an unknown. Only hope for the next few years is Mahomes panning out.

ILChief
12-03-2017, 03:49 PM

This. He's here for a while. A franchise QB and a new DC will do wonders

lewdog
12-03-2017, 03:50 PM
Because he's great at developing QBs and we have Mahomes..........

gold_and_red
12-03-2017, 03:50 PM

If he can't get it done in 18 years, why would he be able to get it done in 19, 20 or 21 years?

FYP

OnTheWarpath15
12-03-2017, 03:51 PM

No, it won't.

It's like people forget Philadelphia.

BlackHelicopters
It's been 5 years now, and we are no closer to the Super Bowl than when he arrived. The team has 0 meaningful postseason wins. We have one of the worst defenses in the league. We have precious little on offense. It's an undisciplined, soft, prideless team. This is the same mediocre turdstorm year in and year out.

He shouldn’t.

Boon
He and a lot of others need to get the f out!

ROYC75
12-03-2017, 03:52 PM

This.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-03-2017, 03:52 PM
His teams in Philly had the same character issues and it's one of the things that led to his eventual ouster.

DaneMcCloud
12-03-2017, 03:53 PM
FYP

Bullshit.

I'd have absolutely NO problem with Reid if over the last 4 seasons, his teams went to the AFC Championship Game, like he did in Philly.

That's clearly not happening in KC. The roster is depleted and old, the salary cap is a disaster, they have one competent wide receiver and a lack of depth at nearly every position.

Without a 1st rounder in 2018, they're looking at a 2-3 year rebuild at best. Too many holes, too many dumb play calling mistakes, too many players need to be replaced.

ILChief
No, it won't.

When he had a franchise QB and good DC there, they went to super bowl and conference championship four years in a row

Bewbies
1 playoff win in 5 years isn't anything to brag about.

ROYC75
No, it won't.

Yeah, but this is Kansas City we are talking about, not Philly!

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-03-2017, 03:54 PM
Morons !

gold_and_red
It is the perfect time to get rid of Reid. New QB in Mahomes, new HC, OC and DC.

dirk digler

If he can't get it done in 5 years, why would he be able to get it done in 6, 7 or 8 years?

You think Clark is going to fire him after just signing him to a 5 year extension and eat all that money?

Dayze
My coworker just texted me and said we should replace Andy with Bob Stoops.....and was dead serious.

LMAO

O.city
12-03-2017, 03:56 PM
He just signed an extension

He’s not going anywhere. I’d imagine they’ll clean the coaching staff out

gold_and_red
12-03-2017, 03:59 PM
Bullshit.

I'd have absolutely NO problem with Reid if over the last 4 seasons, his teams went to the AFC Championship Game, like he did in Philly.

That's clearly not happening in KC. The roster is depleted and old, the salary cap is a disaster, they have one competent wide receiver and a lack of depth at nearly every position.

Without a 1st rounder in 2018, they're looking at a 2-3 year rebuild at best. Too many holes, too many dumb play calling mistakes, too many players need to be replaced.

Sorry 1 SB loss in 19 years and he is being paraded around and being paid like he is Bill Belicheck.
I understand that the bar is rightfully so low for the Chiefs but odds wise we are not even playing in a SB while being coached by Reid.

mschiefs1984
12-03-2017, 04:00 PM
No, it won't.

THIS

He is who he is he's good but he won't win a super bowl he's just not at that level

Deberg_1990
A more demanding owner would put more pressure on him. Give him an ultimatum or decide that he's maxed out and can't get over the hump and replace him.

But Clark...

OnTheWarpath15
His teams in Philly had the same character issues and it's one of the things that led to his eventual ouster.

This.

OnTheWarpath15
12-03-2017, 04:01 PM
When he had a franchise QB and good DC there, they went to super bowl and conference championship four years in a row

I don't even think I need to type the very, very obvious response to this post.

Best22
12-03-2017, 04:03 PM

Sincerely,

Clark Hunt.

We're not good enough to go 1 and done this year

16 and done is more like it...

New World Order
12-03-2017, 04:04 PM
Make Nagy the coach

mschiefs1984
12-03-2017, 04:05 PM
Make Nagy the coach

Another of his former OCs with a 1st round QB is doing very well so why not

OnTheWarpath15
Make Nagy the coach

Fuck that.

If we're promoting from within, Toub gets the job.

Eleazar

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/TuCqE8tMfEs/hqdefault.jpg

Pasta Little Brioni
12-03-2017, 04:06 PM
Not happening. Morons. Sutton is the scapegoat if any.

mcaj22
12-03-2017, 04:07 PM
No, it won't.

This.

Reid is doing the same exact things he did in Philly in year 5 of the Chiefs that when he came here he said he would have more checks and balances for and that he learned from.

It's never going to change. His downfall in KC will be similar to the downfall in Philly.

Eleazar
12-03-2017, 04:07 PM
It is the perfect time to get rid of Reid. New QB in Mahomes, new HC, OC and DC.

Exactly. I don't want Reid and the AIDS-Team anywhere near the development of our QBoTF

New World Order
12-03-2017, 04:08 PM
**** that.

If he has a good rapport with Mahomes, it would be the ideal choice.

dirk digler
12-03-2017, 04:08 PM
The decision was made in June to fire Dorsey and keep Reid and Clark gave him a fat 5 year extension to develop Mahomes. He is here for at least 4 more years. I don't even know why we are discussing this.

Discuss Thrower
12-03-2017, 04:09 PM
Fuck that.

The guy who doesn't know you can't touch the long snapper anymore?

gold_and_red
12-03-2017, 04:10 PM
I understand Clark does not have the fortitude to fire Reid at the end of this season (though he should IMHO).

It took about 3-4 years after McNabb was drafted for Reid to start having real success. Given where our D is today I expect a few years of mediocrity or even below average results before we are back to relevance and this is assuming that Mahomes is the answer. So why not just start over with a new staff?

Easy 6
I’d imagine they’ll clean the coaching staff out

That would be a good start, they can begin with Heck and Sutton

DaneMcCloud
The decision was made in June to fire Dorsey and keep Reid and Clark gave him a fat 5 year extension to develop Mahomes. He is here for at least 4 more years. I don't even know why we are discussing this.

Because Hunt extended Pioli prior to the 2012 season then had to fire him at the conclusion of the 2012 season.

If the Chiefs lose out and it's clear to everyone that Reid has lost the team, Clark will need to make a tough decision.

This team is going no where this year and with all of the holes on the roster, likely nowhere next year, either.

DaneMcCloud
12-03-2017, 04:11 PM
Sorry 1 SB loss in 19 years and he is being paraded around and being paid like he is Bill Belicheck.
I understand that the bar is rightfully so low for the Chiefs but odds wise we are not even playing in a SB while being coached by Reid.

No one said he was Belichick, buttfuck

MahiMike
12-03-2017, 04:11 PM
3 threads on Andy and we scored 31 with Alex.

DaneMcCloud
12-03-2017, 04:12 PM
I’d imagine they’ll clean the coaching staff out

Really? Who's he going to fire?

Everyone, with the exception of Emmitt Thomas and Gary Gibbs, are Reid's old cronies and associates.

Do you really think he's going to fire those guys and bring in a coaching staff that he's never worked with before?

Pasta Little Brioni
12-03-2017, 04:13 PM
Fire Werthers

Easy 6
12-03-2017, 04:15 PM
Really? Who's he going to fire?

Everyone, with the exception of Emmitt Thomas and Gary Gibbs, are Reid's old cronies and associates.

Do you really think he's going to fire those guys and bring in a coaching staff that he's never worked with before?

I bet his rolodex is full of names to choose from

eDave
12-03-2017, 04:16 PM

Needed 39.

gold_and_red
12-03-2017, 04:16 PM
No one said he was Belichick, butt****

Compare their salaries and how many coaches Clark is paying. It is reasonable to expect much more from Reid. Top end money should buy you more than one playoff win in five years.

DaneMcCloud
12-03-2017, 04:17 PM

The defensive shortcomings are 100% on John Dorsey.

His contract negotiations with Berry were an epic disaster, which led to overpaying him.

He fucked up with Hali, took a completely unnecessary $4 million dollar Dead Cap hit, then signed him to a 3 year, $21 million dollar deal with $12 million guaranteed and gave that deal to Derrick Johnson, two players that were WAY beyond their prime.

He inexplicably gave Bennie Logan $8 million and $4 million per to Daniel Sorenson. He failed to find a CB opposite of Peters and failed to find a sufficient OLBer opposite Houston (who appears as if he's playing hurt because he's a shell of his former self).

Had Veach not acquired Ragland and KPL through trades, this team would give up 40 points each week (and will likely do so against the Chargers).

Time to burn it down.

Eleazar
12-03-2017, 04:19 PM

Maybe that's because it's Andy's 5th year and the team is still floundering.

okcchief
12-03-2017, 04:20 PM
Because the extended him? That’s all I’ve got.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PAChiefsGuy
I like Reid but he's got to do a better job of getting our offense and defense to play better at the same time... It's really frustrating...

RunKC
Because Hunt extended Pioli prior to the 2012 season then had to fire him at the conclusion of the 2012 season.

If the Chiefs lose out and it's clear to everyone that Reid has lost the team, Clark will need to make a tough decision.

This team is going no where this year and with all of the holes on the roster, likely nowhere next year, either.

I find it hard to believe that Clark would fire a coach that has had winning seasons every year to this point with 1 season missing the playoffs.

dirk digler
12-03-2017, 04:21 PM

Everything that I have read the Chiefs said they never offered Pioli a contract extension. Regardless even if they did it was only for 2 years not 5. You know Clark isn't going to eat $30-$40 million dollars especially with a franchise QB waiting in the wing.

I am not defending Reid by any means you can go back and read the thread when he was hired I never wanted the guy but I just can't see Clark firing him after the season no matter what happens.

DaneMcCloud
12-03-2017, 04:22 PM
I bet his rolodex is full of names to choose from

All of his "guys" are spread out throughout the league, many in Head Coaching positions.

Todd Bowles, Ron Rivera, Sean McDermott, John Harbaugh and Doug Pederson are all head coaches.

Leslie Frazier, Pat Schurmer and Marty Morninweg are coordinators and so on.

Chilly's already on staff.

I mean, I guess he could bring in Steve Spagnoulo, who worked with him for 8 years in Philly, after he's fired by the Giants this season, but does anyone think he's the answer to anything?

DaneMcCloud
12-03-2017, 04:23 PM
Everything that I have read the Chiefs said they never offered Pioli a contract extension. Regardless even if they did it was only for 2 years not 5. You know Clark isn't going to eat $30-$40 million dollars especially with a franchise QB waiting in the wing.

I am not defending Reid by any means you can go back and read the thread when he was hired I never wanted the guy but I just can't see Clark firing him after the season no matter what happens.

Just because you didn't read it doesn't make it untrue.

JFC.

He gave Pioli a 4 year extension prior to the start of the 2012 season and had to eat $20 million in order to fire him.

DaneMcCloud
12-03-2017, 04:23 PM
I find it hard to believe that Clark would fire a coach that has had winning seasons every year to this point with 1 season missing the playoffs.

Oh, I agree. Clark's too passive.

But IMO, it's what should happen.

Otter
12-03-2017, 04:25 PM

Kelece
Robinson
Conley
Hill
Hunt
Ware

There's weapons to work with on offense. I think Ware and Hunt with an improved o-line would be a devastating 1-2 punch. The O line and D need attention.

As for Reid. Both my brothers are Philly fans and warned me about him. My response was "maybe he just needs a change of scenery". It's looking like they were correct.

gold_and_red
12-03-2017, 04:28 PM

The problem in this case is Clark seems genuinely enamored by Reid.

Easy 6
12-03-2017, 04:36 PM
Its not gonna be a popular answer, but I'm not ready to throw in the towel on Reid yet

Yes he is full of faults, but during skids like this its easy to forget what a shot in the arm he was for us... he brought a winning culture back to this team on day 1, no easy feat considering the depths we'd sunk to

I want to see Mahomes execute Andys famously massive and intricate playbook, willing to bet it will put him in a new light with the doubters

Fix this defense

Upgrade Nagys role

Shitcan several coaches and players

Do that, and I'm confident Reid will look like a million bucks with Mahomes leading the charge

siberian khatru
12-03-2017, 04:36 PM
Time to burn it down.

This

KCCHIEFS27
12-03-2017, 04:38 PM
Because he's great at developing QBs and we have Mahomes..........

Stop with this nonsense

Hammock Parties
12-03-2017, 04:38 PM
This actually soured me a little on Reid. His cute playcalls are killing the team and Peters antics show a coach who isn't in control of his locker room.

More of the same next year and it might be time to go.

PAChiefsGuy
12-03-2017, 04:40 PM
This actually soured me a little on Reid. His cute playcalls are killing the team and Peters antics show a coach who isn't in control of his locker room.

More of the same next year and it might be time to go.

Reid is a players coach he's not the type to keep players like Peters/Kelce in line. This team desperately needs a leader like Eric Berry was and we don't have it. It's killing us.

lcarus
12-03-2017, 04:41 PM
He just needs good coordinators. It's obviously no coincidence the game he turned playcalling duties over to Nagy our offense started throwing the ball downfield to our weapons more often. They still did some dumb things, no doubt, but it was a hell of an improvement over the past month or so. Now we just need a new d-coordinator. Sutton may have been good at one time but that time is over.

kcpasco
12-03-2017, 04:42 PM
Reid is a players coach he's not the type to keep players like Peters/Kelce in line. This team desperately needs a leader like Eric Berry was and we don't have it. It's killing us.

WTF has Kelce done wrong?

Hammock Parties
12-03-2017, 05:03 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chiefs have lost 6 of the last 7 and Marcus Peters is fed up. <a href="https://t.co/sK4hTKJm7l">pic.twitter.com/sK4hTKJm7l</a></p>&mdash; Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) <a href="https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/937447628802891778?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 3, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

mnchiefsguy
12-03-2017, 05:04 PM

Clark has shown he will fire anyone, regardless of money owed, so I do not think the length of Andy's contract will be the reason not to fire him.

I think Mahomes starting instead of Smith will really fix many of the offensive woes. Cut/trade Alex, cut DJ, Tamba, etc will free up a lot of cap space.

Spend our 2nd and 3rd round picks and whatever we get for Smith on Defense. Draft a o-lineman in the later rounds.....Chiefs are not as far off as it appears now, IF they make the right moves.

If they do stupid shit like extend Alex...well then not so much.

OnTheWarpath15
12-03-2017, 05:05 PM
The guy who doesn't know you can't touch the long snapper anymore?

Right.

Because I'm sure he's NEVER told his players about that rule, nor has told them to stop taking the kickoff out of the endzone...

Rasputin
12-03-2017, 05:13 PM
Andy Reid has had one Super Bowl appearance in 18 years of Head Coach.

Marty Shottenheimer got fired after going 14-2 and lose in the playoffs for the Chargers.

King_Chief_Fan
12-03-2017, 05:14 PM
Clark has shown he will fire anyone, regardless of money owed, so I do not think the length of Andy's contract will be the reason not to fire him.

I think Mahomes starting instead of Smith will really fix many of the offensive woes. Cut/trade Alex, cut DJ, Tamba, etc will free up a lot of cap space.

Spend our 2nd and 3rd round picks and whatever we get for Smith on Defense. Draft a o-lineman in the later rounds.....Chiefs are not as far off as it appears now, IF they make the right moves.

If they do stupid shit like extend Alex...well then not so much.

Mahomes will do nothing for this team at this point...Smith did enough..K. Hunt did nothing...d was crap.
And now Buttkicker is jinxed.
Mahomes should wait until he has a team around him

Discuss Thrower
12-03-2017, 05:16 PM
Right.

Because I'm sure he's NEVER told his players about that rule, nor has told them to stop taking the kickoff out of the endzone...

Or should have the wherewithal to not dial up a set play that could draw a penalty in a crucial situation?

Black Bob
12-03-2017, 05:25 PM

No he won't. Reid hasn't had a losing season since he got here. If he has one this year, he will ge the benefit of the doubt. No way now how he gets fired this year.

If he loses out, we will break the roster down and start over building around Mahommes. Half the reason Reid got the extension is to develop Mahommes.

Terrible post Dane.

jspchief
12-03-2017, 05:27 PM
He took a 2 win team and turned it into a perennial 9+ win team overnight. Firing a guy that does that in his first 5 years makes KC an unattractive organization to coach for.

I know it's not the answer people want, but there are only a small number of better coaches in the league. It would be dumb to fire him.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Eleazar
12-03-2017, 05:29 PM
He took a 2 win team and turned it into a perennial 9+ win team overnight. Firing a guy that does that in his first 5 years makes KC an unattractive organization to coach for.

I know it's not the answer people want, but there are only a small number of better coaches in the league. It would be dumb to fire him.

So we fire him and hire and up and comer, instead of sticking with a has-been.

King_Chief_Fan
12-03-2017, 05:31 PM

Dont agree....Reid has lost this team. He doesnt implement accountability or discipline.

PAChiefsGuy
12-03-2017, 05:32 PM
I like Reid. I think he has done a good job here overall. I don't think this team is that bad... We need a few pieces but not a lot...

Bring him back and see what he can do with Mahomes next year. All of our best players will be back including Berry.

We need some leaders though. Reid is a good HC but he is soft.. He's not keeping players in line and way too many penalties...

kcpasco
12-03-2017, 05:33 PM
All of our best players will be back including Berry.

Until they get hurt again. Good teams don’t let a few injuries derail their entire season. Patriots seem to be fine without Edelman. Seahawks still have a good D without Sherman. Only the Chiefs shit the bed without their safety.

PAChiefsGuy
12-03-2017, 05:35 PM
Until they get hurt again.

Possibly... That's football. Anyone can get hurt during any play. You just hope for the best.

DaneMcCloud
12-03-2017, 05:51 PM
No he won't. Reid hasn't had a losing season since he got here. If he has one this year, he will ge the benefit of the doubt. No way now how he gets fired this year.

If he loses out, we will break the roster down and start over building around Mahommes. Half the reason Reid got the extension is to develop Mahommes.

Terrible post Dane.

Fuck off, Troll.

Year 5 should be the culmination of the previous 4 seasons and the team should be moving forward, not backward.

But you're too fucking stupid to understand reasoning.

DaneMcCloud
12-03-2017, 05:52 PM

This is just silly.

Any head coaching candidate that's ready to become an NFL head coach would jump at the chance to take over the Chiefs, or any other NFL franchise for that matter.

People don't turn down 1 of 32 jobs because the previous head coach couldn't get it done after 5 years.

kcpasco
12-03-2017, 05:54 PM
Andy Reid has a history of underachieving.

The Franchise
12-03-2017, 06:02 PM
I don’t give a fuck anymore.

DaneMcCloud
12-03-2017, 06:05 PM
Andy Reid has a history of underachieving.

That's what makes him such a perfect fit for the Chiefs franchise

RaidersOftheCellar
12-03-2017, 06:17 PM
It's been 5 years now, and we are no closer to the Super Bowl than when he arrived.

Really? I could've sworn they had the worst record in the league the year before he arrived. LOL.

Careful what you wish for. There might be another Crennel or Haley awaiting...

Pablo
12-03-2017, 06:32 PM
Well, he's gotta get better next year. And he knows that. He knows that there is a lot to work on, and that's what they're going to get done. Working on that stuff is where they have to start with their focus, and it's really on Andy. Just gotta get better.

That's why he needs to be back next year.

Jerm
12-03-2017, 06:35 PM
Well, he's gotta get better next year. And he knows that. He knows that there is a lot to work on, and that's what they're going to get done. Working on that stuff is where they have to start with their focus, and it's really on Andy. Just gotta get better.

That's why he needs to be back next year.

We all have a piece of this though....

lawrenceRaider
12-03-2017, 06:57 PM

Sincerely,

Clark Hunt.

Which is all Hunt gaf about.

kcpasco
12-03-2017, 06:59 PM

We still in 1st place bitch

AMDChief
12-03-2017, 07:01 PM
Because Todd Haley already has a job? :shrug:

Bewbies
12-03-2017, 07:06 PM
If this continues AT BEST I'd be calling Reid into my office with one of those Pioli meetings where I ask how you fix it. If the answer wasn't firing the vast majority of the coaching staff I'd be looking for an entire new staff.

And I'd be looking for a coach that wasn't just fired for being mediocre for a decade plus somewhere else.

The Bad Guy
12-03-2017, 07:07 PM
He just signed an extension

He’s not going anywhere. I’d imagine they’ll clean the coaching staff out

They need new life in the defensive meeting rooms. That entire d staff has basically been there 5 years. They haven't developed many pieces at all on that side of the ball.

He has to fire Sutton this off-season and bring in all new position coaches.

The Bad Guy
12-03-2017, 07:08 PM

You think Clark Hunt spent a boatload on this coaching staff and front office to make sure fans are in the seats?

The Clark hate is completely laughable. Complain about the depth, athleticism on defense and overall direction of the team, but Clark Hunt has poured resources in.

O.city
12-03-2017, 07:12 PM
They need new life in the defensive meeting rooms. That entire d staff has basically been there 5 years. They haven't developed many pieces at all on that side of the ball.

Hindsight being 2020 and all, I think they should have tried to trade Alex and just rolled with Mahomes this year. Once they made the trade, then asked the players to trust a qb you yourself don’t trust.

Rough

Red Dawg
12-03-2017, 07:14 PM
Mahomes will kick ass and suddenly Andy will look better. Just like Brady and Ben make their coaches look better.

O.city
12-03-2017, 07:14 PM
What sucks too is that this is a prime example of why you can’t waste chances in a year of winning it.

The 15 and especially 16 chiefs were in a great spot and just completely no showed.

DaneMcCloud
12-03-2017, 07:18 PM
Hindsight being 2020 and all, I think they should have tried to trade Alex and just rolled with Mahomes this year. Once they made the trade, then asked the players to trust a qb you yourself don’t trust.

Rough

There was absolutely no way that Reid was going into the season with a kid three years removed from high school as his QB.

Save for a few weeks, the offense has been good enough to win. It was good enough to win today and it was good enough to win at the Raiders.

Had the defense not shit the bed in both games, the Chiefs would be 8-4 at this point instead of 6-6.

This season's failings lie solely on the defense.

Teams can't give up 30, 28 and 38 and expect to win. The problem, unlike with the offense, is that there is no solution in 2017. There isn't a "hidden gem" or a player that's suddenly going to start taking over games.

They're cooked because they can't defend the run or the pass.

DaneMcCloud
12-03-2017, 07:19 PM
Mahomes will kick ass and suddenly Andy will look better. Just like Brady and Ben make their coaches look better.

Alex Smith was not the problem today

DaneMcCloud
12-03-2017, 07:20 PM
The Chargers, with Keenan Allen and Phil Rivers, are going to ass rape Marcus Peters, Steven Nelson and Darrelle Revis on national TV in a two weeks.

Flying High D
12-03-2017, 07:24 PM
Do the Chiefs have the worst secondary in the NFL?

Hammock Parties
12-03-2017, 07:26 PM
The Chargers, with Keenan Allen and Phil Rivers, are going to ass rape Marcus Peters, Steven Nelson and Darrelle Revis on national TV in a two weeks.

You're seriously betting on Phyllis Rivers against the Chiefs in an important game?

I just can't do it. ROFL

Boon
12-03-2017, 09:54 PM
This team is not going anywhere. It is time to dismantle and rebuild around Mahomes.
The future looks bleak. Sixty dollar parking is going to be a hard sell the next few years.

TwistedChief
12-04-2017, 03:50 AM
I sat next to the fake Andy Reid at the game yesterday and he told me he would've started Mahomes. He also wasn't in favor of making Cam Erving an integral part of the offense.

Is it time to start flying banners? Or are you guys envisioning something like the movie Dave where we replace real Reid with fake Reid and hope people just don't notice because the Chiefs are winning?

The Bad Guy
12-04-2017, 05:57 AM

Rough

I don't believe that at all. If Alex was 25, yes, I could see how that could be a narrative. But I don't think trust in Alex is the reason they drafted Mahomes. Protecting the future with a player they loved is why they made that move.

The Bad Guy
12-04-2017, 05:59 AM
There was absolutely no way that Reid was going into the season with a kid three years removed from high school as his QB.

Save for a few weeks, the offense has been good enough to win. It was good enough to win today and it was good enough to win at the Raiders.

Had the defense not shit the bed in both games, the Chiefs would be 8-4 at this point instead of 6-6.

This season's failings lie solely on the defense.

Teams can't give up 30, 28 and 38 and expect to win. The problem, unlike with the offense, is that there is no solution in 2017. There isn't a "hidden gem" or a player that's suddenly going to start taking over games.

They're cooked because they can't defend the run or the pass.

Couldn't agree more.

The Chiefs can't defend slant patterns. Slant patterns in 2017 they can't cover.

Eleazar
12-04-2017, 06:37 AM
You think Clark Hunt spent a boatload on this coaching staff and front office to make sure fans are in the seats?

The Clark hate is completely laughable. Complain about the depth, athleticism on defense and overall direction of the team, but Clark Hunt has poured resources in.

Clark definitely wants to win and is willing to spend to do so. The problem is that he keeps hiring the wrong people and is too slow to make a change when it's obvious one is needed.

Bewbies
12-04-2017, 07:08 AM

Rough

Here on Chiefsplanet hindsight is always 50/50.

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-04-2017, 07:35 AM
Reids never lost a SB since he's been here.

Calcountry
12-04-2017, 07:40 AM

Why should Reid return, other than CHunt making him king last year?To do a nutrisystem commercial with Dan Marino.

Molitoth
12-04-2017, 07:41 AM
Do the Chiefs have the worst DC/Scheme in the NFL?

Fixed. yes.

Lzen
12-04-2017, 09:23 AM
I understand Clark does not have the fortitude to fire Reid at the end of this season (though he should IMHO).

It took about 3-4 years after McNabb was drafted for Reid to start having real success. Given where our D is today I expect a few years of mediocrity or even below average results before we are back to relevance and this is assuming that Mahomes is the answer. So why not just start over with a new staff?

I agree that some changes need to be made, but let's at least get the facts straight. McNabb didn't start until halfway through his rookie year in 1999. His first full season as a starter (2000) he led the team to a 11-5 record and a Wild Card round victory over the Buccaneers. The next season he took the team to the NFC Championship game.

Jerm
12-04-2017, 09:27 AM

I guess this is the big question huh...will Reid/Veatch actually make the changes needed?

The way the season is going may force their hand to the point of no return but I just don't know if Andy will do it or not....

Lzen
12-04-2017, 09:32 AM
Right.

Actually, I'm certain that Toub either tells his players to take it out of the end zone or at least encourages it. I don't know why people bitch about this every week. It has been that way since Toub arrived. And until recently it has been a strategy that has paid dividends.

Lzen
12-04-2017, 09:35 AM
Andy Reid has had one Super Bowl appearance in 18 years of Head Coach.

Marty Shottenheimer got fired after going 14-2 and lose in the playoffs for the Chargers.

And what have the Chargers accomplished since firing Marty? Careful what you wish for.

ChiTown
12-04-2017, 09:36 AM
Reid can come back if he fires Sutton immediately after the season. **** that guy and his schemes. He is awful!

If Sutton comes back, then Reid can get ****ed too

Lzen
12-04-2017, 09:44 AM
I am okay with bringing Reid back but Clark needs to force his hand with certain position coaches and especially Sutton. Look at what the Saints have done. That's what the Chiefs could and should do next season.

Eleazar
12-04-2017, 10:05 AM
I am okay with bringing Reid back but Clark needs to force his hand with certain position coaches and especially Sutton. Look at what the Saints have done. That's what the Chiefs could and should do next season.

Actually, even though I am a Reid detractor, I think this is the wrong approach.

The owner either trusts his man or he doesn't. You let the head coach do his job his way. He makes his own personnel decisions, and you judge him on results. He gives you what you want or you let him go. You don't start telling him who to hire and fire for his coaching staff. The owner should not be micromanaging him.

Either you, as the owner, are happy with the direction of the team and you retain the head coach, or you fire him and move on.

Unfortunately Clark has set up this nonsense arrangement where the head coach doesn't report to the GM and so there's no accountability for the head coach to a superior who's a 'football guy'. Reid is only accountable to CHunt who is a business guy.

Chiefnj2
12-04-2017, 10:11 AM
Reid can come back if he fires Sutton immediately after the season. **** that guy and his schemes. He is awful!

If Sutton comes back, then Reid can get ****ed too

Of course Reid will fire Sutton. It's all about self preservation for HC's.

ChiTown
12-04-2017, 10:13 AM
Of course Reid will fire Sutton. It's all about self preservation for HC's.

He should have been fired last year. So, I'm not sure I'm in agreement with you here, unless you are assuming that Reid's job is in jeopardy if we miss the playoffs - which I think he's safe no matter what.

Chiefnj2
12-04-2017, 10:31 AM
He should have been fired last year. So, I'm not sure I'm in agreement with you here, unless you are assuming that Reid's job is in jeopardy if we miss the playoffs - which I think he's safe no matter what.

Reid is the golden child. Clark handed him the keys to the Chiefs Kingdom this off season. He will get a pass for a few years as he cleans up "Dorsey's mess" and tries to develop Mahomes.

Lzen
12-04-2017, 10:41 AM
Actually, even though I am a Reid detractor, I think this is the wrong approach.

The owner either trusts his man or he doesn't. You let the head coach do his job his way. He makes his own personnel decisions, and you judge him on results. He gives you what you want or you let him go. You don't start telling him who to hire and fire for his coaching staff. The owner should not be micromanaging him.

Either you, as the owner, are happy with the direction of the team and you retain the head coach, or you fire him and move on.

Unfortunately Clark has set up this nonsense arrangement where the head coach doesn't report to the GM and so there's no accountability for the head coach to a superior who's a 'football guy'. Reid is only accountable to CHunt who is a business guy.

I didn't say Clark has to choose his replacements. Just force him to move beyond his loyalty and make some necessary changes.

Easy 6
12-04-2017, 10:52 AM

That

ModSocks
12-04-2017, 11:35 AM
Couldn't agree more.

The Chiefs can't defend slant patterns. Slant patterns in 2017 they can't cover.

Oh man....

Nelson was just killing me yesterday. They were running slants out of the slot ALL FUCKING DAY...And Nelson continued to line up to take away the out route.

His body position screamed "throw the slant".

And then we have a couple of press DB's playing 10 yards off the fucking receiver....i mean....WTF???