PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Marcus Peters also had verbal altercation with assistant coach Sunday

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Tribal Warfare
12-09-2017, 12:59 PM
http://amp.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article188955004.html?__twitter_impression=true

Chiefs cornerback Marcus Peters’ frustration following the Chiefs’ 38-31 loss to the New York Jets didn’t end immediately after the game, it appears.

According to a report by NFL Network’s Mike Garafalo, Peters also had a verbal altercation with an assistant coach on the bus during the team’s ride to airport following the game. The assistant coach was not named.

The Star reported Thursday that Peters’ suspension was related to his decision to leave the field prematurely following the flag toss. The club viewed that as a team issue, as opposed to the penalty flag toss, which it deemed a league issue that Peters was ultimately fined $24,409 for on Friday.

The NFL Network report cited Peters’ decision to leave the field as a reason for the one-game suspension coach Andy Reid levied on him earlier this week, with the verbal altercation also being a contributing factor.

The Chiefs still had a little over two minutes left to tie the game, and Peters returned to the sideline –– albeit with no socks –– as the offense made its last-gasp attempt. But the drive stalled out, and the Chiefs lost for the sixth time in seven games.

Peters’ suspension means the Oakland native will miss the Chiefs’ showdown Sunday against his hometown Raiders. He was not allowed to practice this week and will forfeit a game check.

notorious
12-09-2017, 01:04 PM
Players and coaches are pissed and frustrated.

Maybe they will pull their heads out of their asses.

HemiEd
12-09-2017, 01:05 PM
I bet there is even more to it, but this is interesting

KCUnited
12-09-2017, 01:06 PM
That coach HAS to be from the midwest.

displacedinMN
12-09-2017, 01:06 PM
time for therapy.

Electroshock therapy

KCrockaholic
12-09-2017, 01:08 PM
Emmitt Thomas or Al Harris. I can't imagine either one putting up with Peters' bullshit

kc rush
12-09-2017, 01:08 PM
That coach HAS to be from the midwest.

Old and white too, I'm sure.

TLO
12-09-2017, 01:09 PM
I wonder who comes up with the exact number for these fines?

Hoopsdoc
12-09-2017, 01:16 PM
I don't see Peters and the Chiefs continuing their relationship beyond this season, if they even make it that far.

KCrockaholic
12-09-2017, 01:19 PM
I don't see Peters and the Chiefs continuing their relationship beyond this season, if they even make it that far.

They'll be fielding offers in March for both Peters and Alex Smith.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-09-2017, 01:27 PM
Top to bottom accountibility

ILChief
12-09-2017, 01:51 PM
Old and white too, I'm sure.

Bob Sutton

ILChief
12-09-2017, 01:53 PM
Has to be Sutton. And if so, thank you Marcus

RunKC
12-09-2017, 01:57 PM
Tom Brady screams at coach on national TV for the 2nd time: no prob guys!
Marcus Peters screams at a coach on a bus: character flag.

KCrockaholic
12-09-2017, 02:00 PM

When you're the greatest of all time you can do whatever you want in the heat of a game. This is a stupid comparison and you know it.

oldman
12-09-2017, 02:00 PM
Emmitt Thomas or Al Harris. I can't imagine either one putting up with Peters' bullshit

I can't imagine it was ET, at least not unless Peters got the holy snot knocked out of him. Even at 74, ET's a hard ass. He was a master at bump and run and wasn't afraid to lay a lick on a receiver.

KCrockaholic
12-09-2017, 02:02 PM
I can't imagine it was ET, at least not unless Peters got the holy snot knocked out of him. Even at 74, ET's a hard ass. He was a master at bump and run and wasn't afraid to lay a lick on a receiver.

Whatever he did was bad enough that the Chiefs didn't even want him involved in practice all week. He's in time out.

Red Dawg
12-09-2017, 02:04 PM
Brady gets a pass. Not fair but Brady is a leader and model citizen. Hes known Josh for years. Peters spats out at fans and coaches. Hes acting like a baby with no maturity and could
not keep himself in check in college either.

Hoopsdoc
12-09-2017, 02:05 PM

Yes, totally the same.

:facepalm:

O.city
12-09-2017, 02:07 PM
He gives a shit about losing

Why is that a bad thing!

Maybe it’ll light a fire under their asses. I’d rather a guy be pissed at losing than act like DJ and just say “there’s ups and downs blah blah”

patteeu
12-09-2017, 02:11 PM

Why is that a bad thing!

Maybe it’ll light a fire under their asses. I’d rather a guy be pissed at losing than act like DJ and just say “there’s ups and downs blah blah”

I'd rather my players tackle someone when they finally get pissed at losing than lose control, draw unnecessary penalties, and fight with the coaches.

Chief Roundup
12-09-2017, 02:13 PM

It is a mathematical equation based on occurrence and salary that is laid out in the CBA.

O.city
12-09-2017, 02:16 PM
I'd rather my players tackle someone when they finally get pissed at losing than lose control, draw unnecessary penalties, and fight with the coaches.

Sure

But atleast he’s doing something. Guy hates to lose. Obviously he can channel it better but atleast he cares

ARROW2
12-09-2017, 02:17 PM

Why is that a bad thing!

I recall hearing that Peters was so upset at a recent smiff pick that he had to be calmed down by houston. I bet he has been spouting what a lot of us have on here and that was not taken well. Just a thought. I also remember tweet after the playoffs loss that seemed to point a finger at smiff.

hometeam
12-09-2017, 02:36 PM

Why is that a bad thing!

he gives a shit about losing? I dunno I have a hard time believing that after seeing the amount of effort he gives to prevent that from happening.

patteeu
12-09-2017, 02:42 PM
Sure

But atleast he’s doing something. Guy hates to lose. Obviously he can channel it better but atleast he cares

That's not enough.

KCChiefsFan88
12-09-2017, 02:44 PM
At least Marcus Peters is showing he gives a shit about how terrible the Chiefs defense performed last week.

What about Derrick Johnson?

Justin Houston?

Chris Jones?

Where is their outrage or supposed leadership over the train wreck that was the Chiefs defense last week.

KCUnited
12-09-2017, 02:45 PM
It's laughable people are attributing Peters antics to "caring about losing" when you have no idea what's going through his volatile head.

patteeu
12-09-2017, 02:47 PM
It's laughable people are attributing Peters antics to "caring about losing" when you have no idea what's going through his volatile head.

I always assume he's finna' go get loaded, win or lose.

KCUnited
12-09-2017, 02:50 PM
I always assume he's finna' go get loaded, win or lose.

That's something even midwest fans can relate to.

KCChiefsFan88
12-09-2017, 02:50 PM

Its laughable that the dumbshit "true fan" segment of the fanbase is more outraged at Marcus Peters than at Justin Houston.

Justin Houston is a $130 million waste of space.

KCUnited
12-09-2017, 02:53 PM
Its laughable that the dumbshit "true fan" segment of the fanbase is more outraged at Marcus Peters than at Justin Houston.

There's nothing true fan about calling out a bitch for acting like a bitch, Peters. Feel free to start a Houston thread.

Tribal Warfare
12-09-2017, 02:55 PM
Has to be Sutton. And if so, thank you Marcus

It's either Al Harris or Emmitt Thomas

Titty Meat
12-09-2017, 02:55 PM

Tom Brady has 5 rings and is the best ever to play the game dipshit

Eleazar
12-09-2017, 02:56 PM

Houston can't decide to have healthy knees again. Peters could decide to be a great player every down.

Titty Meat
12-09-2017, 02:57 PM
Sure

He's doing something about it? Like acting like a petulant child and costing his team while fighting coaches? The very same thing he got kicked out of Washington for but hey at least he cares!

KCrockaholic
12-09-2017, 02:58 PM
Houston was paid 190 Billion though. Let's just throw made up numbers at the screen like monkeys throwing shit at a zoo.

Easy 6
12-09-2017, 04:01 PM
At least Marcus Peters is showing he gives a shit about how terrible the Chiefs defense performed last week.

What about Derrick Johnson?

Justin Houston?

Chris Jones?

Where is their outrage or supposed leadership over the train wreck that was the Chiefs defense last week.

I am simply amazed at some of the voices defending MP

If he cared about losing, he wouldn't be playing like shit

KCChiefsFan88
12-09-2017, 04:12 PM
I am simply amazed at some of the voices defending MP

If he cared about losing, he wouldn't be playing like shit

Not defending Marcus Peters, but the outrage shouldn't just be directed at him.

Chief Northman
12-09-2017, 04:30 PM
I see one guy screaming at teammates and coaches. I see one guy obviously pile-watching and not engaging to tackle in the run game. I see one guy walking off the field at his own volition and who needs a babysitter too often.

Those defending Peters need to wake up. He can be mad, argue with a coach, show his displeasure - but when you protest by not playing hard and then bailing on your team, that is insubordination. I’ve said it in other threads and posts: all Peters cares about is Peters. Selfish player.

R8RFAN
12-09-2017, 04:44 PM

After the game Smiff is getting ready to have vs our secondary expect CP to fall back in love with him.

CoMoChief
12-09-2017, 04:59 PM
I can tolerate the whining crybaby shit...but only if he's playing his ass off making plays.

But he's not making plays. He's blowing coverages, missing tackles and not getting turnovers.

Man up, stop pouting, do your job and let your game do the talking.

Peters certainly isn't the only one to blame. Blame can be spread out to just about every player on this team right now. You don't lose 6 in a row because of 1 player. There are problems everywhere.

Chiefs aren't generating any yardage on 1st down.
Chiefs running game is lacking
^^These are probably the 2 most concerning issues on offense^^
Chiefs aren't getting any pressure on opposing QB's
Due to above, the Chiefs secondary is getting torched.
Alex Smith is not playing well. He's playing timid with virtually no confidence.

And the main difference between last year and this year are the turnovers. Last year the Chiefs had game changing turnovers and scores via def and ST. They're not getting those plays this year. Last year the Chiefs offense I think only avg 15ppg if you take away the ST and def scores. There were a handful of plays last season that gave the Chiefs a 12-4 record rather than 9-7.

OnTheWarpath15
12-09-2017, 05:07 PM
Two things MP hates:

Tackling and losing.

Funny how those two things are connected.

ChiefGator
12-09-2017, 05:11 PM
He isn't "missing" tackles. He is running away from them and showing no effort at all.

kccrow
12-09-2017, 05:12 PM
Last time I openly called out Peters for his weaknesses on the field I was told I'm high on bath salts. After about 4 more weeks of it, maybe I'm not that high after all now am I.

He's weak. He's physically and mentally weak. If I were his teammate on defense, I would have jacked that motherfucker Thomas Jones style by now.

I can't wait for the day he's traded, to be honest. Get me guys in here that care about winning.

KCChiefsFan88
12-09-2017, 05:40 PM
The Jets ran 80+ offensive plays last week... for Justin Houston to have ZERO tackles with that many opportunities is almost statistically impossible.

Where are the effort questions?

How do you not even get an assisted tackle (Justin Houston also had zero assisted tackles) with the opposing team running 80+ offensive plays?

Bwana
12-09-2017, 05:41 PM
He's an embarrassment. Trade his sorry ass to Cleveland in the off season.

patteeu
12-09-2017, 06:17 PM
The Jets ran 80+ offensive plays last week... for Justin Houston to have ZERO tackles with that many opportunities is almost statistically impossible.

How do you not even get an assisted tackle (Justin Houston also had zero assisted tackles) with the opposing team running 80+ offensive plays?

I guess Justin Houston should be thanking Marcus Peters for being a knucklehead then.

Best22
12-09-2017, 06:20 PM
Peters isn't producing. If you're gonna act like that, you better be performing at a very high level

He hasn't

Iowanian
12-09-2017, 07:26 PM
Someday peters will lip off and yell at the judge during sentencing....and the judge will cast him down with the sodomites.

Eleazar
12-09-2017, 08:01 PM
This wouldn't bother me if it were an isolated incident. Emotions run high on teams that are circling the drain like the Chiefs are, there's probably finger-pointing going on in the locker room, there are probably arguments that happen that the public never knows about. But since this is part of a degenerative pattern with Peters this year, it's concerning.

Players like this really need some leadership, from the coaching staff, veterans, someone - but it seems there is none to be found.

stevieray
12-09-2017, 08:05 PM
This wouldn't bother me if it were an isolated incident. Emotions run high on teams that are circling the drain like the Chiefs are, there's probably finger-pointing going on in the locker room, there are probably arguments that happen that the public never knows about. But since this is part of a degenerative pattern with Peters this year, it's concerning.

Players like this really need some leadership, from the coaching staff, veterans, someone - but it seems there is none to be found.

...unless he's rejecting it, and mailing it in.

Red Beans
12-09-2017, 08:22 PM
When you're the greatest of all time you can do whatever you want in the heat of a game. This is a stupid comparison and you know it.

No it's not. Their pro football players.Their interactions with coaches may differ based on position, years on the team, etc. But the tone of human to human interactions shouldn't be vary. A person who is with a company 25 years shouldn't be able to scream at their boss any more than a second day mailroom grunt. It's a double standard however you look at it.

WhiteWhale
12-09-2017, 08:23 PM
Someday peters will lip off and yell at the judge during sentencing....and the judge will cast him down with the sodomites.

I haven't seen any indication that Peters is a criminal.

Just a overly emotional guy who has complete meltdowns.

DaneMcCloud
12-09-2017, 08:42 PM

Houston is injured, plain and simple.

He can't push off due to the calf injury sustained earlier in the season.

I couldn't care less about the cap space but it's a bummer to see such a dedicated Chief and good man not attain his goals.

WilliamTheIrish
12-09-2017, 09:13 PM

There are no leaders on this team.

If there were, this would have been dealt with.

Honestly, the Chiefs haven't had an on fieldleader since ... hell... I couldn't even say when. Probably Super Joe. He was the last guy who delivered.

The franchise has always looked to outsiders (witness the long history of outsiders, both coaches and players) for leadership. Until we grow our own, this shit will happen.

Again, Peters is just the most visible symptom. The disease is metastatic. And Andy Fucking Reid is the primary cancer cell.

Chief Northman
12-09-2017, 09:18 PM

Honestly, the Chiefs haven't had an on fieldleader since ... hell... I couldn't even say when. Probably Super Joe. He was the last guy who delivered.

The franchise has always looked to outsiders (witness the long history of outsiders, both coaches and players) for leadership. Until we grow our own, this shit will happen.

Again, Peters is just the most visible symptom. The disease is metastatic. And Andy ****ing Reid is the primary cancer cell.

Berry is a leader. Quit being overdramatic with the Reid comment. Leadership has been lacking since the Herm years...

chiefzilla1501
12-09-2017, 09:23 PM

Again, Peters is just the most visible symptom. The disease is metastatic. And Andy ****ing Reid is the primary cancer cell.

They don't have vocal team leaders. But I think Houston and Berry have often put him in his place. Sure I agree that I wish I had a Ray Lewis to smack sense into him. There are lots of things Andy Reid should have done better. But I think this all could have been avoided with better leadership up top with Clark Hunt. It sounds like he never addressed the anthem protests until midseason. And during that time, just a long line of typical robotic canned Chiefs' responses. They could have demonstrated they had Peters' back while stopping the protests earlier. They didn't. And yes, I think that was the powderkeg that set this whole damn spiral in motion.

Demonpenz
12-09-2017, 09:24 PM
Peters is more Belcher than Brady

srvy
12-09-2017, 09:30 PM
They don't have vocal team leaders. But I think Houston and Berry have often put him in his place. Sure I agree that I wish I had a Ray Lewis to smack sense into him. There are lots of things Andy Reid should have done better. But I think this all could have been avoided with better leadership up top with Clark Hunt. It sounds like he never addressed the anthem protests until midseason. And during that time, just a long line of typical robotic canned Chiefs' responses. They could have demonstrated they had Peters' back while stopping the protests earlier. They didn't. And yes, I think that was the powderkeg that set this whole damn spiral in motion.

Do tell us how you know this or is this song in your head because you want it to be. It sounds is nothing more than a wild hair.

WilliamTheIrish
12-09-2017, 09:57 PM
Berry is a leader. Quit being overdramatic with the Reid comment. Leadership has been lacking since the Herm years...

Berry? He's just another in a long line of guys who aren't good enough to get the job done.

Reid deserves to be viewed critically in this entire scenario. In my opinion he lost this team in the same manner Marty lost his last team. By not drafting and developing their own leaders in the locker room.

chiefzilla1501
12-09-2017, 10:21 PM
Do tell us how you know this or is this song in your head because you want it to be. It sounds is nothing more than a wild hair.

The article in the other thread said that hunt at one point asked him to stop and explained why so he stopped. There are plenty of interviews where Reid has said Peters asked him permission to kneel,and Reid allowed it

PAChiefsGuy
12-09-2017, 10:25 PM
Berry? He's just another in a long line of guys who aren't good enough to get the job done.

Reid deserves to be viewed critically in this entire scenario. In my opinion he lost this team in the same manner Marty lost his last team. By not drafting and developing their own leaders in the locker room.

Berry is a Pro Bowl player and arguably the best safety in the league when healthy. To say he is not good enough to get the job done is idiotic and shows how much of an idiot you are.

It's a team game. You can't expect Berry to play every position on defense. He absolutely is good enough to win a SB.

kcxiv
12-09-2017, 11:18 PM
Peters isn't producing. If you're gonna act like that, you better be performing at a very high level

He hasn't

HE IS PRODUCING. THEY rarely throw his way. Which means he's doing his job. we already know he's not a physical player, but he's not getting thrown at that much.

tooge
12-09-2017, 11:36 PM
The body rots from the head down.

Look at Reid's family situation over the years. The guy coddles and then can't deal with spoiled kids/players. It's sad really. Peterson was a mess coming out of college. He needs a Belichick sort of coach, not a Reid coach.

mdchiefsfan
12-10-2017, 12:02 AM

The person that does that determines his salary.

KCrockaholic
12-10-2017, 12:05 AM
No it's not. Their pro football players.Their interactions with coaches may differ based on position, years on the team, etc. But the tone of human to human interactions shouldn't be vary. A person who is with a company 25 years shouldn't be able to scream at their boss any more than a second day mailroom grunt. It's a double standard however you look at it.

Josh McDaniels isn't Tom Brady's boss. He's Tom Brady's bitch. Tom can do whatever he wants. The only boss Brady has is Belichick and even that's debatable. Also, learn your their, they're, and there's. Black beans are better than red beans.

mdchiefsfan
12-10-2017, 12:12 AM

HAVE you seen an Alex Smith thread!?

mdchiefsfan
12-10-2017, 12:14 AM
Last time I openly called out Peters for his weaknesses on the field I was told I'm high on bath salts. After about 4 more weeks of it, maybe I'm not that high after all now am I.

He's weak. He's physically and mentally weak. If I were his teammate on defense, I would have jacked that motherfucker Thomas Jones style by now.

I can't wait for the day he's traded, to be honest. Get me guys in here that care about winning.

You’re high on bath salts, aren’t you? :p

mdchiefsfan
12-10-2017, 12:17 AM

58,000 posts and I’ve never seen your name. You must’ve been ousted for speaking sensically. Thank you.

mdchiefsfan
12-10-2017, 12:27 AM
I haven't seen any indication that Peters is a criminal.

Just a overly emotional guy who has complete meltdowns.

Oh see, it’s called a hypothetical situation. He is saying that if Peters were to find himself in front of a judge, as a criminal, he would probably (based upon the evidence presented) act in a less than favorable manner. Marcus Peters seems to care less about self-control and outward perception than, that which his peers, and most humans alive, consider to be adequate.

I doubt he is calling him a criminal, but more placing him in a life-altering situation, and suggesting that he would act discriminatorily towards himself.

Kidd Lex
12-10-2017, 12:31 AM

So you need attention is what you’re saying?

Demonpenz
12-10-2017, 01:30 AM
They ain't throwing Peters way but they sure are running his way which is apart of his job.

threebag
12-10-2017, 01:37 AM

Yes, totally the same.

:facepalm:

Is it just me or does it seem RunKC has come down with a case of the Clay'ds?

kccrow
12-10-2017, 02:45 AM
You’re high on bath salts, aren’t you? :p

:D yes? lol

Black Bob
12-10-2017, 09:19 AM
This isn't going to work out with Peters. Not sure it will work out with Kelce either. Neither seem to be team first guys. I don't think either will be chiefs for life and I'm Good with it.

Doing the crap peters has done is not good for the team any way you spin It. He just really needs to get his ass kicked and maybe he would change? I Hope it comes to that if his attitude continues. Where you at Justin Houston? Beat him to a pulp and video him crying after. The crying will happen for sure. Things will change after that.

wazu
12-10-2017, 09:24 AM
Marcus Peters defines the term “team cancer”.

Eleazar
12-10-2017, 09:35 AM
This isn't going to work out with Peters. Not sure it will work out with Kelce either. Neither seem to be team first guys. I don't think either will be chiefs for life and I'm Good with it.

Doing the crap peters has done is not good for the team any way you spin It. He just really needs to get his ass kicked and maybe he would change? I Hope it comes to that if his attitude continues. Where you at Justin Houston? Beat him to a pulp and video him crying after. The crying will happen for sure. Things will change after that.

Yeah, "where's the leadership?" is a good question.

This kind of thing doesn't happen in New England, or Pittsburgh, or other places with long term winning traditions.

SuperBowl4
12-11-2017, 10:47 AM
Marcus Peters screams at a coach on a bus: character flag.Has Brady ever thrown a ref's penalty flag into the stands and then walk off the field smiling with time still remaining into the locker room during a game? Marcus Peter's conduct was detrimental to the team. MP needs to be traded before the next episode happens in Kansas City.

Marcellus
12-11-2017, 12:29 PM

Another stupid as fuck football take from Bob.

Kelce is not a selfish player and he already signed through 2021. He signed a 5 year extension this off season.

You don't have the market on bad football takes cornered but you certainly are one of the biggest sellers.

FringeNC
12-11-2017, 12:48 PM
Hopefully, Peters will play well enough down the stretch that he has some trade value.

Kiimo
12-11-2017, 12:59 PM
I'm still shaking with anger at the "Berry isn't good" hot take.

Set your nuts on fire and put it out with gasoline.

KChiefs1
12-11-2017, 03:59 PM

Cleveland sounds like a great place for both of them.

KChiefs1
12-11-2017, 03:59 PM
He's an embarrassment. Trade his sorry ass to Cleveland in the off season.

Great minds.

Bwana
12-11-2017, 04:06 PM
Great minds.

Well Cleveland is the abyss, so I think that would be a great fit. :D

Quesadilla Joe
01-07-2018, 07:19 PM
Apparently Peters got into it with a Chiefs PR guy after the game. Reid was asked about it at his press conference. Seems like it was pretty a pretty heated exchange...

Link to the press conference, he's asked about it at 17:22.

http://www.chiefs.com/media-center/videos/Andy-Reid-I-do-appreciate-all-the-fans-and-the-support/32105895-00ff-492a-a03f-6d97c29d615e

Red Dawg
01-07-2018, 07:24 PM
Fuck Peter's and get him gone. He won't stay here anyway being a Cali hood rat. He can walk with Smith and Hali and Houston. Get the fuck out! Clean up our money issues and get better with youth.

NJChiefsFan
01-07-2018, 07:39 PM
I do care about how Peters acted in the Giants game. I don't care, although there is a line, how he acted after a game like last night.

I'm fine with Peters being here unless we can get some crazy return for him. We shouldn't be moving him for the sake of doing it. That's crazy IMO.

CoMoChief
01-07-2018, 07:45 PM
As long as Peters isn't hurting the team, via penalties on the field or off-field issues that would result in suspension etc, I dont really care how big of an asshole he is, esp to PR guys or media. Has no effect on me as a fan. As long as he's making plays on defense he's good in my book. IMO you have to earn your right to be an asshole. If you play like ass and want to be an asshole and throw flags and take swings at players or whatever the case may be, then expect to get called out.

Bewbies
01-07-2018, 07:47 PM
We’d win more if we had more guys on this team who wanted to win as much as he does.

Great Expectations
01-07-2018, 07:48 PM
We’d win more if we had more guys on this team who wanted to win as much as he does.

This

NJChiefsFan
01-07-2018, 07:52 PM

Did anyone post the video of him making comments to the fans on the way to the locker room. The idiot fans are cheering Reid and Peters on after that crushing loss. Some fans aren't even bothered by the loss. This fanbase is incredible.

Bewbies
01-07-2018, 07:56 PM
Did anyone post the video of him making comments to the fans on the way to the locker room. The idiot fans are cheering Reid and Peters on after that crushing loss. Some fans aren't even bothered by the loss. This fanbase is incredible.

I thought the same thing. Where is the guy booing?

Loved Peters response.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-07-2018, 07:57 PM
He's bound to be a Raider.

NJChiefsFan
01-07-2018, 07:59 PM
I thought the same thing. Where is the guy booing?

Loved Peters response.

Has it been posted here? I'm not even sure where it is posted on the internet. A friend showed it to me.

In58men
01-07-2018, 07:59 PM
“Shit where we going, home?

ROFL

https://youtu.be/8eh-s8pIeHg

kcpasco
01-07-2018, 08:00 PM
Meh we will see if he’s bound to be a Raider or not. Gruden has a fiery personality himself so I could see some friction there if things aren’t going well. Reid has about the perfect demeanor for a player like Peters.

displacedinMN
01-07-2018, 08:02 PM
Hate to say this. But after the Raider game and the abomination of the refs of this game.

Peters has a point. Refs suck. They pick and choose. Fuck them.

Commentators are talking about the bad officiating. Maybe Peters is right.

NJChiefsFan
01-07-2018, 08:02 PM
“Shit where we going, home?

ROFL

https://youtu.be/8eh-s8pIeHg

Gracias. And the encouragement to Reid is incredible as well. You would need to pay me a solid amount to be a positive, supportive fan in that moment where they just blew the game with the same mistakes 2 years in a row and 3 times in 5 years.

kcxiv
01-07-2018, 08:08 PM
**** Peter's and get him gone. He won't stay here anyway being a Cali hood rat. He can walk with Smith and Hali and Houston. Get the **** out! Clean up our money issues and get better with youth.

he makes us fucking better and he's youth. WTF? lol

Are fans really this fucking stupid?

CapsLockKey
01-07-2018, 08:15 PM
If the rest of the team had half the passion Peters does they wouldn't have lost to the Titans.

oldman
01-07-2018, 08:45 PM
As long as Peters isn't hurting the team, via penalties on the field or off-field issues that would result in suspension etc, I dont really care how big of an asshole he is, esp to PR guys or media. Has no effect on me as a fan. As long as he's making plays on defense he's good in my book. IMO you have to earn your right to be an asshole. If you play like ass and want to be an asshole and throw flags and take swings at players or whatever the case may be, then expect to get called out.

This. He's been a pretty solid citizen on the field since his suspension, so I'm good. I couldn't care less if some little PR person got his feathers ruffled after the game. Perhaps he should have been a little more aware and stayed away from Peters.

Red Dawg
01-07-2018, 08:47 PM
If we had played the right QB we would have beaten the Titans. Smith went to sleep and threw a bunch of sideways passes without Kelce. He sucks.

ThaVirus
01-07-2018, 08:51 PM

What would you prefer? Fans to heckle Reid on his way out?

Rain Man
01-07-2018, 08:55 PM
After seeing Darrelle Revis take a short vacation during a critical playoff game, I vote to keep the guy who really cares about winning.

CoMoChief
01-07-2018, 09:05 PM

absolutely.

RINGLEADER
01-08-2018, 02:28 AM

Yes. Reid has never won anything. He has lost two of his last five playoff games after leading by 18 in the second half - matching the same number of losses by 18 in the post-season as every other coach who ever coached in the Super Bowl era combined.

Nickhead
02-18-2018, 12:12 PM
per PFT, is peters a trade candidate? :D

staylor26
02-18-2018, 12:17 PM
per PFT, is peters a trade candidate? :D

I saw that and it’s fucking retarded.

They’re speculating that based on Amerson/Fuller while ignoring our need at corner along with Gaines and Mitchell being free agents.

pugsnotdrugs19
02-18-2018, 12:18 PM
Peters isn’t going anywhere. Unless Dorsey wants to offer Myles Garrett. Then I’d be down.

Urc Burry
02-18-2018, 12:19 PM
I like Florio, but in the off-season he gets bored and throws a bunch of shit at the wall hoping something sticks

Tribal Warfare
02-18-2018, 12:25 PM
Peters isn’t going anywhere. Unless Dorsey wants to offer Myles Garrett. Then I’d be down.

Peters is a PR and distraction liability to the point where Clark had to discuss this shit in private.

Not surprised at all concerning trade rumors.

Otter
02-18-2018, 12:27 PM

Peters to Cleveland would be the ultimate 'don't let the door hit ya in the ass' FU move. ROFL

Here's the link our Aussie friend neglected to post: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/18/is-marcus-peters-available-in-trade/

Chief Northman
02-18-2018, 12:52 PM
Shit.

If Dorsey offered the #4 pick straight up for Peters, or the #33 and #35 plus a roster player, I’m listening.

If you can get Fitzpatrick or Chubb for Peters, you do it. With the glut of good FA corners available, you can spend on a Fuller, Johnson, EJ Gaines or Butler to offset the loss of Peters.

You could also control the 2nd round of the draft if you take option 2.
With the defense needing a re-tooling like it does, moving Peters might not be a terrible idea considering the corner talent available and lack of draft capital the Chiefs have. If Dorsey offers as much, Veach would be crazy to turn him down...

pugsnotdrugs19
02-18-2018, 01:04 PM
There are certainly trades that would make sense and might even be beneficial, but it’s not going to happen. Veach was just trying to solidify our CB depth ahead of the draft.

DaneMcCloud
02-18-2018, 01:05 PM
Veach was just trying to solidify our CB depth ahead of the draft.

Maybe in anticipation of trading Peters?

I doubt that happens but Veach has been very aggressive to date with trades and player acquisitions.

pugsnotdrugs19
02-18-2018, 01:06 PM
Maybe in anticipation of trading Peters?

I doubt that happens but Veach has been very aggressive to date with trades and player acquisitions.

Maybe... but I just don’t see it. Of course, Middlekauff did say a few nights ago that he’s hearing there will be some crazy trades in the coming weeks.

Cleveland is a sensible fit too. Hmm.

pugsnotdrugs19
02-18-2018, 01:09 PM
Let’s pretend for a second that Reid/Veach are tired of Peters, they don’t want to commit big money to him long term, and they are looking to trade him.

What’s the minimum you take from Cleveland? Another team?

staylor26
02-18-2018, 01:10 PM
It makes no sense to trade Peters after you’ve finally put together a respectable group.

0% chance of that happening this offseason

pugsnotdrugs19
02-18-2018, 01:14 PM
It makes no sense to trade Peters after you’ve finally put together a respectable group.

0% chance of that happening this offseason

There are a variety of reasons as to why this might actually happen.

1) Coaching staff may be fed up with the antics
2) FO may not want to fork over $16M+ per year to him given said antics
3) Middlekauff has stated he has heard there will be some huge moves made trade wise in the coming weeks
4) Can likely get great compensation from someone

Chief Northman
02-18-2018, 01:18 PM
There are a variety of reasons as to why this might actually happen.

1) Coaching staff may be fed up with the antics
2) FO may not want to fork over $16M+ per year to him given said antics
3) Middlekauff has stated he has heard there will be some huge moves made trade wise in the coming weeks
4) Can likely get great compensation from someone

5) Tons of corner talent available in free agency and the top two rounds of the draft

pugsnotdrugs19
02-18-2018, 01:33 PM
Benjamin Allbright shot down any potential trade rumors. Asked if there were any legs to it, he simply said “none.”

O.city
02-18-2018, 01:37 PM
Defense needs an overhaul so let’s trade our best young defensive player on his rookie deal who also happens to play one of the most important positions in the game

Seems like it would be the wise thing to do

BryanBusby
02-18-2018, 01:37 PM
Florio is fishing for clicks

WhawhaWhat
02-18-2018, 01:38 PM
Is there any other fanbase that would have this many clowns that were OK with trading away the teams best defensive player?

RunKC
02-18-2018, 01:48 PM
Didn’t those dumb fucks say we were cutting Houston 2 weeks ago?

pugsnotdrugs19
02-18-2018, 01:57 PM
Didn’t those dumb ****s say we were cutting Houston 2 weeks ago?

I’d forgot about that. Damn, Florio really is just click-baiting.

Sassy Squatch
02-18-2018, 01:58 PM
If Dorsey wanted to fork over #4 overall I might be inclined to listen.

Chief Northman
02-18-2018, 02:06 PM
Defense needs an overhaul so let’s trade our best young defensive player on his rookie deal who also happens to play one of the most important positions in the game

Can’t wait for the crying when he wants $18 million per, holds out, continues to act like a dick and throw his team/teammates under the bus. Peters is uber talented and a difference maker, but he does not merit carte blanche.

If a high 1st rounder or multiple high 2nd rounders (ala Cleveland) get offered, you listen. The defense needs overhauling. You give to get.

O.city
02-18-2018, 02:13 PM
Can’t wait for the crying when he wants $18 million per, holds out, continues to act like a dick and throw his team/teammates under the bus. Peters is uber talented and a difference maker, but he does not merit carte blanche.

If a high 1st rounder or multiple high 2nd rounders (ala Cleveland) get offered, you listen. The defense needs overhauling. You give to get.

When did he throw his teammates under the bus?

A defense that needs to get better is gonna get better trading a way a difference maker on a rookie deal. Sounds about right

Chief Northman
02-18-2018, 02:23 PM
When did he throw his teammates under the bus?

A defense that needs to get better is gonna get better trading a way a difference maker on a rookie deal. Sounds about right

Little time left on a rookie deal for a player who will command huge dollars on the open market and will be good as gone. You throw teammates under the bus by taking selfish penalties and opting out of tackling...

IF someone proposes a huge return for Peters, you consider it given the team’s cap situation (present and future), along with overall talent deficiency.

Nobody is saying it will happen, but why not prepare for an opportunity if it arises?

KranzDictum
02-18-2018, 02:32 PM
The thing that would worry me if I were a chef fan is that Amerson's deal is built to expand from $2+Mill up to nearly $6Mill, that is close to starting money.

I still think the addition of Fuller and Amerson is to upgrade the poor depth at the #2 and #3 CB spots but if they brought those guys in to take over for the #1 and #2 positions then the rumor makes sense.

The article brings up one instance last year but Peters has a history of losing his cool on the sidelines, the Chicago loss about 2 years ago comes to mind, I know there were other times he lost his cool and was flagged for it. Then there were the time(s) where he left the locker room before the press got there and the fact he was talking trash up 24-3 vs the Titans weren't good looks either.

They know what they were getting into when they drafted him, doesn't surprise me we are still talking about his behavior this far into his career.

staylor26
02-18-2018, 02:34 PM
The thing that would worry me if I were a chef fan is that Amerson's deal is built to expand from $2+Mill up to nearly $6Mill, that is close to starting money.

I still think the addition of Fuller and Amerson is to upgrade the poor depth at the #2 and #3 CB spots but if they brought those guys in to take over for the #1 and #2 positions then the rumor makes sense.

The article brings up one instance last year but Peters has a history of losing his cool on the sidelines, the Chicago loss about 2 years ago comes to mind, I know there were other times he lost his cool and was flagged for it. Then there were the time(s) where he left the locker room before the press got there and the fact he was talking trash up 24-3 vs the Titans weren't good looks either.

They know what they were getting into when they drafted him, doesn't surprise me we are still talking about his behavior this far into his career.

This fucking moron still doesn’t know what incentives are

pugsnotdrugs19
02-18-2018, 02:36 PM
Didn’t those dumb ****s say we were cutting Houston 2 weeks ago?

Speaking of Houston, I've pondered my thoughts on him since those goofy reports came out and I'm convinced he has a huge season this year. Several reasons why.

1) Another full offseason removed from injury.
2) He could be very motivated, as this season is essentially a contract year. He won't stay for his price tag in 2019 if he isn't highly productive.
3) Vastly improved secondary. We gave our pass rush little to no time to rush the QB often times last year.
4) Major improvement across from him over Zombo. Even if its Ford, or KPass stepping up, it will be a boost.
5) I don't think he drops in coverage nearly as much given the reports that Sutton wanted to pressure more but didn't trust his personnel in the secondary enough to do so.

Call me a homer, but I think Houston balls out big time in 2018.

Easy 6
02-18-2018, 02:37 PM
I’d forgot about that. Damn, Florio really is just click-baiting.

Wasnt it also Florio who first said Sutton was retiring?

KranzDictum
02-18-2018, 02:38 PM
This ****ing moron still doesn’t know what incentives are

How can he reach them if he isn't given the chance. I get that you start 2 CB's but if he takes over the right side he is going to get more chances.

KranzDictum
02-18-2018, 02:41 PM
The other thing in play is Talib.

There are rumors out there which I don't want to be true either about The SB50 Champs cutting Talib to save cap money to sign Cousin's. I still think there is room to rework his deal along with DT's to reduce cap to sign the other guys they need to but if John is feed up with Talib the way the chefs are said to be with Peters and the chefs can be a player money wise the Peters rumor makes more sense.

Sassy Squatch
02-18-2018, 02:46 PM
The other thing in play is Talib.

There are rumors out there which I don't want to be true either about The SB50 Champs cutting Talib to save cap money to sign Cousin's. I still think there is room to rework his deal along with DT's to reduce cap to sign the other guys they need to but if John is feed up with Talib the way the chefs are said to be with Peters and the chefs can be a player money wise the Peters rumor makes more sense.
Its not a rumor. Its Florio throwing shit at the wall and hoping something sticks.

KranzDictum
02-18-2018, 03:02 PM
Its not a rumor. Its Florio throwing shit at the wall and hoping something sticks.

IDK, they got rid of another CB already who wouldn't tackle in the latest playoff choke.

It is hard to ask everyone in the CB room to get their nose dirty and tackle if the star isn't willing to.

Sassy Squatch
02-18-2018, 03:11 PM
IDK, they got rid of another CB already who wouldn't tackle in the latest playoff choke.

It is hard to ask everyone in the CB room to get their nose dirty and tackle if the star isn't willing to.
You can believe whatever you want. I think it's far more likely the Broncos blow their team up for Cousins.

KranzDictum
02-18-2018, 03:19 PM
You can believe whatever you want. I think it's far more likely the Broncos blow their team up for Cousins.

Taking away one guy to sign another is not blowing up the team. I would be happy with a top 10 D and an Offense that can score throwing twice as many TD's as INT's and pass for over 4k yards a year.

Sassy Squatch
02-18-2018, 03:23 PM
Taking away one guy to sign another is not blowing up the team. I would be happy with a top 10 D and an Offense that can score throwing twice as many TD's as INT's and pass for over 4k yards a year.
So far I've seen Talib, Sanders, Thomas, and Anderson all as possibilities to be traded/cut.

SAUTO
02-18-2018, 03:26 PM

Revis
Yeah the two situations are VERY SIMILAR.:rolleyes:

KranzDictum
02-18-2018, 03:49 PM
So far I've seen Talib, Sanders, Thomas, and Anderson all as possibilities to be traded/cut.

DT is not going anywhere, CJ just plain costs too much, Sanders would have to be traded, cutting him doesn't save enough cap to replace him.

So I will give you 2 guys.

If they trade/cut Talib and or Sanders then it is for the same reason as TJ Ward was cut last year. Performance. Sanders was hurt all last year and did nothing to help out the 3 bad QB's we started. DT managed to play well considering who was throwing him the ball. I agree Talib could fall off the table in year 12 like Champ did in year 14.

Plus it makes no sense to pay big money for a QB then cut both of your top WR's.

Back to the topic of the thread after this post.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-18-2018, 05:33 PM
Benjamin Allbright shot down any potential trade rumors. Asked if there were any legs to it, he simply said “none.”

As it should be.

Has everyone gotten their little Bill O'Reilly fits out of their system yet? Or are we still 'midwesting' the Chiefs best DB?

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-18-2018, 05:37 PM
If they trade/cut Talib then it is for the same reason as TJ Ward was cut last year. Performance.

ROFL Oh, bra-VO good sir! Bravo!

BossChief
02-18-2018, 05:46 PM

You guys are going to lose Sanders and Talib to sign a QB that had 26 combined fumbles and interceptions last year. That’s with decent receivers and a good OL.

Sassy Squatch
02-18-2018, 05:54 PM
Broncos have 25 million in cap before the draft. If they don't move around during the draft that's another 10 million to those guys. 15 million left.

Sweet Daddy Hate
02-18-2018, 06:15 PM
You guys are going to lose Sanders and Talib to sign a QB that had 26 combined fumbles and interceptions last year. That’s with decent receivers and a good OL.

They're really on the reach to make this deal go down. I love it.

The sweet smell of donkey desperation...

MotherfuckerJones
02-18-2018, 07:35 PM
Let’s pretend for a second that Reid/Veach are tired of Peters, they don’t want to commit big money to him long term, and they are looking to trade him.

Veach has been aggressive but I don't see this happening at all. I'd want a player for player type deal honestly. Give me Myles Garrett or the 4th pick. Then I'd turn around and trade back and recoup a ton of picks from a team wanting to move up for a QB. This is fantasy land because Peters isn't getting traded. He's just way too valuable and creates so many big plays. The return would be astronomical and an absolute blockbuster

BryanBusby
02-18-2018, 08:03 PM

Minimum of a 1+3, regardless of who the team is.

penchief
02-18-2018, 08:34 PM
I'd take a first round pick and Gareon Conley from the Raiders. He didn't play much if at all last year due to injury. Might have been doable before Gruden got there but probably not now.

Chief Northman
02-18-2018, 08:40 PM

Talking Cleveland?

Give me one of Joel Bitonio or David Njoku + #33 pick (2) + #64 pick (2)

Nab Tim Settle, Malik Jefferson, and a top safety (Watts, Allen, Reid, Elliott, White) with the three 2nd round picks.
Bitonio steps in and solidifies your line or Njoku becomes a 1b TE weapon for Mahomes.

Add a top flight free agent corner in FA.

Profit.

MotherfuckerJones
02-19-2018, 08:02 AM
I'd take a first round pick and Gareon Conley from the Raiders. He didn't play much if at all last year due to injury. Might have been doable before Gruden got there but probably not now.

ROFL

KCChiefsFan88
02-19-2018, 08:37 AM
Unless the Chiefs can get an epic amount in return, trading a 25 year old Pro Bowl shutdown CB would be an epic fail.

BossChief
02-19-2018, 08:41 AM
I wouldn’t trade Peters for anything short of a massive haul of picks. Multiple firsts or an Elite pass rusher on a rookie deal.

All pro CBS don’t come around too often.

His career trajectory is that of a HOF corner with elite ball skills.

Simply Red
02-19-2018, 09:14 AM
https://arrowheadaddict.com/2018/02/18/marcus-peters-never-ever-leaving-kansas-city-chiefs-ever-ever-ever-fake-new/

threebag
02-19-2018, 09:17 AM
As Veach "stiffens" the other side, Peters will start to get more targets. Personel and position groups have helped with him being "elite". Teams don't have to go "at him" when there are weaknesses abound. You don't have to throw to his side just run right by him as he doesn't/rarely tackles.

Grim
02-19-2018, 09:21 AM
https://arrowheadaddict.com/2018/02/18/marcus-peters-never-ever-leaving-kansas-city-chiefs-ever-ever-ever-fake-new/

Anything Matt Conner has to say and $10 will buy you a cup of coffee at Starbucks.

lcarus
02-19-2018, 09:38 AM

Guys a turnover machine. Imagine if we had a pass rush.

Simply Red
02-19-2018, 10:19 AM
Anything Matt Conner has to say and $10 will buy you a cup of coffee at Starbucks.

yeah I figured.

dlphg9
02-19-2018, 10:35 AM
As Veach "stiffens" the other side, Peters will start to get more targets. Personel and position groups have helped with him being "elite". Teams don't have to go "at him" when there are weaknesses abound. You don't have to throw to his side just run right by him as he doesn't/rarely tackles.

You're such a dumb fuck about pretty much everything. I don't get this rarely tackles thing either. Quit talking out of your ass you waste of sperm.

RealSNR
02-19-2018, 10:36 AM

Sounds like a real piece of shit. We should probably just outright cut him.

threebag
02-19-2018, 10:40 AM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/e4239c7e128effeb3e458a952e87a88b/tenor.gif?itemid=5952779

Olé

threebag
02-19-2018, 10:41 AM
Sounds like a real piece of shit. We should probably just outright cut him.

Not saying he sucks completely, just not a Petersexual

I do love when he gets that ball though. :thumb:

threebag
02-19-2018, 10:44 AM
You're such a dumb fuck about pretty much everything. I don't get this rarely tackles thing either. Quit talking out of your ass you waste of sperm.

LoL, your just lucky I wasn't in your heat, I would have won. #FASTSWIMMER

Simply Red
02-19-2018, 10:50 AM

you seem nice.

DaneMcCloud
02-19-2018, 11:18 AM

wut

O.city
02-19-2018, 11:48 AM
They’re not getting a first rounder for him. Whoever traded for him, hypothetically is gonna have to pay him a long term deal once you get him so it’s likely gonna be a 2nd rounder.

At that point if they were to trade him, it’s not very valuable and not likely a good trade for KC

If you don’t wanna sign him long term, I’d probably go the route of keeping him and tagging him a time or two then let him walk

KCChiefsFan88
02-19-2018, 01:11 PM

No.

staylor26
02-19-2018, 01:15 PM

Fucking moron :facepalm:

threebag
02-19-2018, 02:05 PM
Okay, he is the tacklingest motherfucker to ever walk the face of the earth. Said anyone never.

KCChiefsFan88
02-19-2018, 02:29 PM
Okay, he is the tacklingest mother****er to ever walk the face of the earth. Said anyone never.

Deion Sanders, a.k.a. less than stellar tackling abilities, a.k.a. HOF CB says hi.

O.city
02-19-2018, 02:31 PM
Deion Sanders, a.k.a. less than stellar tackling abilities, a.k.a. HOF CB says hi.

Javier arenas was a great tackler

Pitt Gorilla
02-19-2018, 03:20 PM
Bartee was a solid tackler.

Simply Red
02-19-2018, 03:40 PM
Greg Wesley-Edit: forgot that he was a safety. haha

O.city
02-19-2018, 03:43 PM
La canfora reporting he may not be long for Kc

Lotta buzz around it.

Simply Red
02-19-2018, 03:45 PM

Lotta buzz around it.

Link?

Stinger
02-19-2018, 03:47 PM
Link?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Continue to hear chatter that Marcus Peters may not be long for KC. Figure that intensifies next week at the combine</p>&mdash; Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) <a href="https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/965702885853093893?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 19, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Simply Red
02-19-2018, 03:49 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Continue to hear chatter that Marcus Peters may not be long for KC. Figure that intensifies next week at the combine</p>&mdash; Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) <a href="https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/965702885853093893?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 19, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Thanks!

DaneMcCloud
02-19-2018, 03:55 PM

Lotta buzz around it.

Wow, this went from "speculation' to maybe happening in less than 24 hours.

Like I said earlier, if they can get at least a 1st rounder for him it saves them $16 million against the cap beginning next season and if they had to Franchise him in 2020 because he wants to bail, it would cost them close to $20 million.

If this happens, at least Veach is being proactive so that we won't see another Justin Houston/Eric Berry scenario.

Those huge deals rarely pay off. People around here are pissed at Houston - hell, look at JJ Watt since he signed his $104 million dollar deal.

threebag

LMAO

Marcus Peters is no Deion Sanders.

pugsnotdrugs19
Damn... if this is real, we’d better get a serious haul.

ModSocks
02-19-2018, 03:56 PM

Yikes.

O.city
02-19-2018, 03:57 PM
Wow, this went from "speculation' to maybe happening in less than 24 hours.

Like I said earlier, if they can get at least a 1st rounder for him it saves them $16 million against the cap beginning next season and if they had to Franchise him in 2020 because he wants to bail, it would cost them close to $20 million.

If this happens, at least Veach is being proactive so that we won't see another Justin Houston/Eric Berry scenario.

Those huge deals rarely pay off. People around here are pissed at Houston - hell, look at JJ Watt since he signed his $104 million dollar deal.

No team is gonna trade a first for him though, they’re gonna ya e to give him a new contract upon said trade as well.

I’d guess the best they could get would be a 2nd.

Unless the dude is just bat shit crazy , it doesn’t make sense

ModSocks

Injury is what sets these players back. You can't just keep releasing talent. Then you become the Chargers.

O.city
You’re also getting the production from him for said money as well.

RunKC
02-19-2018, 03:58 PM
If Andy Reid wants to trade away Marcus Peters, you know it’s all on him.

If this is happening, we better get some damn good compensation. A top 20 pick and additional pick should be the baseline for this deal. No less.

ModSocks
02-19-2018, 04:00 PM
This would be a bad move. A really bad move. If you wanna trade him, then do it next off-season.

Putting your faith in Fuller, who's only had one good season, and Amerson, who also has only had one good season...several seasons ago....is a recipe for disaster. Fuller isn't a guy you put against their #1 receiver.

staylor26
02-19-2018, 04:04 PM
This would be a bad move. A really bad move. If you wanna trade him, then do it next off-season.

Putting your faith in Fuller, who's only had one good season, and Amerson, who also has only had one good season...several seasons ago....is a recipe for disaster. Fuller isn't a guy you put against their #1 receiver.

This.

I still think it’s bullshit. When’s the last time La Canfora broke Chiefs news?

arrwheader
Well the Chiefs would have a blockbuster fleece trade in their favor then dump the best CB in the league for a draft pick or something stupid because Chiefs. However, my instincts say this is bullshit. La canfora is speculating in a slow news period.

O.city
Middlekauf and Haberman talked about it on their podcast today of what he’d be worth.

A mid to high 2nd rounder was what they came up with

Messier
02-19-2018, 04:05 PM
i really don't see this happening, but who knows. Only makes sense with a huge haul, and even then, not really.

Messier
02-19-2018, 04:06 PM
Middlekauf and Haberman talked about it on their podcast today of what he’d be worth.

Then no thanks.

Tribal Warfare
02-19-2018, 04:07 PM

No, at LEAST a 1st ( top 15 pick, and a 3rd)

SuperChief
02-19-2018, 04:07 PM
Well the Chiefs would have a blockbuster fleece trade in their favor then dump the best CB in the league for a draft pick or something stupid because Chiefs. However, my instincts say this is bullshit. La canfora is speculating in a slow news period.

This. Total speculation. I'll wait until we hear some names associated with "I keep hearing."

staylor26
02-19-2018, 04:09 PM

Exactly why this won’t happen.

O.city
No ones giving up a big haul. First there’s the question of why are you willing to trade away a young star on a rookie deal and then we also have to give him a big deal upon trading for him?

Not likely

ModSocks
Florio's report barely reads as a report at all. It's complete speculation, citing speculation by aledged NFL teams.

"Hey the Chiefs signed two corners. I wonder if they'll trade Marcus Peters?"

O.city
02-19-2018, 04:11 PM
How many corners do they even currently have under contract?

RunKC
02-19-2018, 04:11 PM
No ones giving up a big haul. First there’s the question of why are you willing to trade away a young star on a rookie deal and then we also have to give him a big deal upon trading for him?

Not likely

Probably because you know he won’t resign and/or the organization doesn’t want to pay him huge money with so many questions/character concerns.

Maybe Veach knows that Peters won’t be here soon, so why let him go for a 3rd rd comp when you can get something better now?

O.city
02-19-2018, 04:12 PM
Probably because you know he won’t resign and/or the organization doesn’t want to pay him huge money with so many questions/character concerns.

Maybe Veach knows that Peters won’t be here soon, so why let him go for a 3rd rd comp when you can get something better now?

Is a 2nd now better than two more years of Peters and a 3rd?

And if this is really the case, why would another team give up a haul for a guy with so many problems

staylor26
02-19-2018, 04:14 PM
How many corners do they even currently have under contract?

Acker, Gaines, and Mitchell are all FA’s.

Simply Red
02-19-2018, 04:14 PM
Exactly why this won’t happen.

oh I bet it does!

pugsnotdrugs19
02-19-2018, 04:16 PM
I really hope this doesn’t happen unless we are getting a high 1st + future 2nd or two 2018 2nds. Even then, I don’t know.

Actually, fuck that too. This guy forces a turnover every other game. He needs to stay.

threebag
02-19-2018, 04:18 PM
Maybe we are going to be the Red Raiders 2.0, we won't need defense.

CoMoChief
02-19-2018, 04:20 PM
Acker, Gaines, and Mitchell are all FA’s.

And should stay that way, from a Chiefs POV at least.

RunKC
02-19-2018, 04:24 PM
Is a 2nd now better than two more years of Peters and a 3rd?

And if this is really the case, why would another team give up a haul for a guy with so many problems

This is a deep corner class. Some very good ones can be had. I think we should acknowledge that first.

IF this report true, it means that Peters is not good for the locker room and he’s not good for our team. It can’t really mean anything else at this point.

It could mean many things, but his 5th year option is coming and I think it’s fair to see why this franchise would not commit any kind of deal money to him.

ILChief
02-19-2018, 04:25 PM
We aren't trading Peters. Top 3 at his position on a rookie deal. We have him cheap next year, will exercise his fifth year option then either franchise or sign to a long term deal. He's here for three more years min. This is Florio drumming up clicks in a dead period

ILChief
02-19-2018, 04:27 PM
I remember when Derrick Johnson and Justin Houston wouldn't re-sign with KC. Peters will re-sign

DaneMcCloud
02-19-2018, 04:29 PM

If the deal goes through, it’ll be a 2nd and a 4th.

There are several teams with multiple picks in the first three rounds.

San Francisco makes the most sense in the NFC and either the Browns, Colts or Bills in the AFC.

RunKC
02-19-2018, 04:29 PM
Something else to consider here....Peters can hold out and negotiate a new contract this year.

I wonder if that is part of this (assuming this “rumor” is true).

Easy 6
02-19-2018, 04:31 PM
Sure didnt take long for the offseason to get interesting...

O.city
02-19-2018, 04:31 PM
This is a deep corner class. Some very good ones can be had. I think we should acknowledge that first.

IF this report true, it means that Peters is not good for the locker room and he’s not good for our team. It can’t really mean anything else at this point.

It could mean many things, but his 5th year option is coming and I think it’s fair to see why this franchise would not commit any kind of deal money to him.

Deep corner class, yes.

How likely are you to replace Peters at corner with a 2nd rounder?

If you don’t wanna pay him a big deal, fine. But you can extract value from him while not paying him long term without trading him.

Unless he’s just absolutely gone off the deep end, it’s not smart to trade him

O.city
02-19-2018, 04:32 PM
If the deal goes through, it’ll be a 2nd and a 4th.

There are several teams with multiple picks in the first three rounds.

San Francisco makes the most sense in the NFC and either the Browns, Colts or Bills in the AFC.

A 2nd and a 4th? Ugh

pugsnotdrugs19
02-19-2018, 04:32 PM
Something else to consider here....Peters can hold out and negotiate a new contract this year.

I wonder if that is part of this (assuming this “rumor” is true).

Peters certainly seems like the type of guy who would sit out his 10 games if he wanted to.

DaneMcCloud
02-19-2018, 04:36 PM
Deep corner class, yes.

How likely are you to replace Peters at corner with a 2nd rounder?

If you don’t wanna pay him a big deal, fine. But you can extract value from him while not paying him long term without trading him.

Unless he’s just absolutely gone off the deep end, it’s not smart to trade him

Veach has begun to remake the Chiefs roster as he sees fit, adding KPL, Ragland, Butler, Fuller and a 3rd rounder while cutting DJ, presumably followed by Hali, Sorensen and maybe Bailey and Parker.

Given that, it’s not out of the realm of possibility that he makes some unexpected moves, like trading Peters.

And let’s face it: The Chiefs defense was awful last year with Marcus Peters. Is it really a big deal to trade him for picks? What’s the worst that could happen, the defense drops from 30th (or whatever) to 32 in 2018?

DaneMcCloud
02-19-2018, 04:39 PM
A 2nd and a 4th? Ugh

Two 2’s, two 3’s, two 4’s, a 6th and three 7’s and an unknown pick for Foles.

Veach could do some serious hole filling with that kind of draft capital, whether through the draft or players for picks.

The NFL is changing, fellas.

With a $200 million dollar Salary Cap on the horizon, with teams only required to spend within 99% every 4 years, we’re going to see NBA style trades and salary dumps.

CoMoChief
02-19-2018, 04:40 PM
You think the Raiders moving to Vegas has any impact on whether Peters stays in KC or not? If they were in Oakland, I would say Peters is as good as gone and I'd be all for trading him if the return was worth it, meaning multiple draft picks including a 2018 1st rd pick. Now I'm not so sure. Money talks in the NFL. If the Chiefs do trade Peters I think it will be because they don't believe they can make a deal w/ the guy, rather than not wanting to deal w/ his personality.

Although this view isn't popular, I'd even be all for trading Justin Houston and getting out from underneath that massive contract. Although he's good at setting the edge in the run game, he's being paid like the top defensive player in football, and right now he's far from that, and is getting paid for something that he did in 2014. Whether it's because of injury, no help on the right side, or Sutton/coaching, anyway you look at it, he's is not living up to his end of his contract, and you could get the same production for just a fraction of the cost. With Mahomes era beginning it'd be nice to get out of cap hell so that pieces can be put around him. Eric Berry will be 30...that came quickly. If he doesn't come back to full strength it may be time to move along from him as well, but that is probably less likely due to other reasons.

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-19-2018, 04:41 PM
#1) I don't think we're looking to trade Peters. Good corners are hard to come by.
#2) If we did trade him . Anything less than a 1st and 3rd is bullshit. he's a 1st round pick thats played like a 1st rd pick.
#3) I think he has frustration with play calling and scheme. I also think Patrick Mahomes is going to make a huge difference in the defenses attitude not having the pressure to win every damn game. Remember his exuberence (Peters) at the pass completion to Robinson. Thats what we're going to get with Mahomes.

O.city
02-19-2018, 04:42 PM
Veach has begun to remake the Chiefs roster as he sees fit, adding KPL, Ragland, Butler, Fuller and a 3rd rounder while cutting DJ, presumably followed by Hali, Sorensen and maybe Bailey and Parker.

Given that, it’s not out of the realm of possibility that he makes some unexpected moves, like trading Peters.

And let’s face it: The Chiefs defense was awful last year with Marcus Peters. Is it really a big deal to trade him for picks? What’s the worst that could happen, the defense drops from 30th (or whatever) to 32 in 2018?

Middlekauf talked about how Veach was the big player in drafting Peters to KC so I can’t imagine he’d be keen on moving on from him unless shit really went off the tracks.

And yeah think how much worse it would have been without Peters

staylor26
02-19-2018, 04:43 PM
Why are we giving La Canfora any credibility here?

We’re talking about the same guy that said we’re taking Okung minutes before we drafted Berry. It’s pretty obvious he is just running with Florio’s speculation that’s all centered around the corner additions.

Think about how little you have to actually know about the Chiefs to think adding Fuller and Amerson might mean we’re trading Peters?

Otter
02-19-2018, 04:45 PM

What ratings are you looking at that has Peters ranked the best CB in the league? I just looked at several rankings at cannot find one.

Coogs
02-19-2018, 04:49 PM
Pat Kerwin and Jim Miller on Sirius Radio said this talk has been running rampant for a couple of weeks. Said the only way Peters is a Chief come fall is if the compensation isn't enough.

They also said everyone knows why he will be gone, so we don't need to discuss that since they have been talking about it for two weeks.

CoMoChief
02-19-2018, 04:50 PM
Peters is a do or die CB that creates a LOT of turnovers. It's probably safe to say he's racked up more turnovers than any other CB in the NFL since he was drafted. If not then close to it.

DaneMcCloud
02-19-2018, 04:54 PM
Why are we giving La Canfora any credibility here?

We’re talking about the same guy that said we’re taking Okung minutes before we drafted Berry. It’s pretty obvious he is just running with Florio’s speculation that’s all centered around the corner additions.

Think about how little you have to actually know about the Chiefs to think adding Fuller and Amerson might mean we’re trading Peters?

There’s two ways to look at it, IMO.

1. Veach acquired Fuller and Amerson to strengthen the secondary.
2. Veach acquired Fuller and Amerson because his plan is to trade Peters.

I don’t know if you have a ton of family and friends in the KC area but everyone, including my freaking mom, who knows nothing about football, was disgusted by Peters actions in 2017.

I think it’s auite possible that it was worse behind the scenes than Andy led on.

pugsnotdrugs19
02-19-2018, 04:57 PM
If they’re trading him because of political BS... then it’s stupid. You only do it if he’s causing major headaches in the locker room or there’s contract disputes ahead.

DaneMcCloud
02-19-2018, 05:01 PM
If they’re trading him because of political BS... then it’s stupid. You only do it if he’s causing major headaches in the locker room or there’s contract disputes ahead.

There are several reasons why they might trade him:

1. On field tirades
2. Suspension
3. Contract extension
4. Bad locker room influence
5. His value will never be higher than now.
6. Anthem

O.city
02-19-2018, 05:01 PM
There’s too much smoke there at this point for it to be all bs.

Oh well.

One things for sure, if they trade him and he goes on to stay in the clear and stays on this track his currently in playing wise, that’s not gonna be good

DaneMcCloud
02-19-2018, 05:03 PM
There’s too much smoke there at this point for it to be all bs.

Oh well.

One things for sure, if they trade him and he goes on to stay in the clear and stays on this track his currently in playing wise, that’s not gonna be good

Or it could be addition by subtraction.

It’s too difficult to predict without knowing the return.

Chiefs=Champions
02-19-2018, 05:04 PM
Peters is a playmaker and someone who can single handedly win you games. I would be fucking pissed if we traded him. He's obviously a bit of a headcase at times, but i tend to think he will mature a bit as he ages. He's still so young and really has potential still untapped. Unless you are getting a kings ransom I simply would not trade him.

O.city
02-19-2018, 05:05 PM
Or it could be addition by subtraction.

It’s too difficult to predict without knowing the return.

He better be a fucking diva clown in the locker room to consider trading him at this point

Sassy Squatch
02-19-2018, 05:07 PM
Seriously? What kind of bullshit is this?

SAUTO
02-19-2018, 05:08 PM
He better be a fucking diva clown in the locker room to consider trading him at this point

He better have fucking shanked someone in the locker room that we never heard about.

DaneMcCloud
02-19-2018, 05:09 PM

I think it has to go much deeper, as in Clark Hunt, Andy Reid and Brett Veach have come to the conclusion that they don’t feel comfortable giving Marcus Peters a 5 year, $90 million dollar deal.

pugsnotdrugs19
02-19-2018, 05:11 PM
I think it has to go much deeper, as in Clark Hunt, Andy Reid and Brett Veach have come to the conclusion that they don’t feel comfortable giving Marcus Peters a 5 year, $90 million dollar deal.

This is the most logical reasoning IMO. Clark said at the SB that he is obviously in talks with Andy and Brett about major signings and trades. There’s a good chance he doesn’t like the idea of giving him that money right now.

BryanBusby
02-19-2018, 05:18 PM
Peters isn't going anywhere for now and they would be fucking morons on shuffle him for a 2+4.

Easy 6
02-19-2018, 05:18 PM

If this actually goes down, theres no way its about politics

It would have everything to do with his general temperment... 'can we trust this guy going forward after giving him a mega-contract?'

DaneMcCloud
02-19-2018, 05:22 PM
Peters isn't going anywhere for now and they would be fucking morons on shuffle him for a 2+4.

Peters has had difficulty keeping his emotions in check.

What do you think happens once he has $38 million guaranteed and a contract value of $90 million?

BryanBusby
02-19-2018, 05:22 PM
The Chiefs would be selling very low on Peters right now, giving up a year of cheap CB play and creating a new hole in a time when they have many.

Jason is wrong over 75% of the time and you fuckers believe he has a slant all of a sudden? Kinda like how Dorsey is favorite for GB GM job? LMAO

BryanBusby
02-19-2018, 05:24 PM
Peters has had difficulty keeping his emotions in check.

What do you think happens once he has $38 million guaranteed and a contract value of $90 million?
You let him rebound in 2018, with some actual pass-rush and sell high. It's not a difficult answer.

Coogs
This probably won't go over well, but I still think it mattered that he skipped OTA's. Berry and Houston you can understand a bit. Ford bailing out early may not help him either.

Not when the defense comes in 30th, or whatever. Then you throw in the reports of Peters freelancing. Then arguing with coaches when things are not going right.

Blame whoever you must, but in any job in America when you show up your bosses, you probably should start updating the ol' resume.

staylor26
To be fair, there are conflicting reports on this:

https://mobile.twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/965298210012123136

Sassy Squatch
If this actually goes down, theres no way its about politics

It would have everything to do with his general temperment... 'can we trust this guy going forward after giving him a mega-contract?'
That's just so fucking dumb on the part of Reid though, if this is all true. Its not like he didn't do homework on the guy. Its not even like he's just an above average player either, he's been an All Pro already with only 3 seasons played.

O.city
You’re not gonna get anything higher than a 2 at Sony point with the contract situation

No one is giving a first and signing him to a big deal

Coogs
02-19-2018, 05:26 PM
To be fair, there are conflicting reports on this:

https://mobile.twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/965298210012123136

This was yesterday. This is gaining a lot of steam today.

BryanBusby
02-19-2018, 05:26 PM
You’re not gonna get anything higher than a 2 at Sony point with the contract situation

No one is giving a first and signing him to a big deal
That's stupid. Teams have more cap space than they know what to do with.

Contract isn't a big deal, it's what he's done on the field leading up to the trade.

RealSNR
02-19-2018, 05:27 PM
Remember when the Vikings gave up a 1st and two 3rds for Jared Allen, who had yet to demonstrate he knew how to not fucking bring his damn car keys to the fucking bar?

DaneMcCloud
02-19-2018, 05:27 PM
You let him rebound in 2018, with some actual pass-rush and sell high. It's not a difficult answer.

That has nothing to do with him keeping his emotions in check

O.city
02-19-2018, 05:28 PM
That's stupid. Teams have more cap space than they know what to do with.

Contract isn't a big deal, it's what he's done on the field leading up to the trade.

It is a big deal when said team is gonna wonder why the chiefs aren’t keepong him

That’s a big red flag