PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Nagy playcalling

Rain Man
12-10-2017, 04:34 PM
It seems to me like the theme of the past two weeks has been giving the ball to the team's best players - Kelce and Hill. That hasn't happened in a while. Is it a Nagy thing, is it just a coincidence of coverages, or is it merely the result of a change that defenses don't have film on yet?

I'm going on record as supporting a philosophy to get the ball into the hands of Hill and Kelce.

MMXcalibur
12-10-2017, 04:37 PM
Two weeks of Nagy playcalling.
Two strong offensive efforts.
Zero dumbfuck trick plays.

I'll give him a passing grade thus far.

Rausch
Yeah, he needs to keep calling the plays.

Let Andy be a full time tard wrangler for Peters...

RippedmyFlesh
Also has seems like less gimmick wtf play calls too since nagy took over.

BlackHelicopters
12-10-2017, 04:38 PM
C+. But the Raiders D sucks.

lcarus
12-10-2017, 04:40 PM
It's been much better the last 2 games. There was the stupid ass play to Cam Erving on 3rd and short against the Jets. Aside from that I really can't complain.

RippedmyFlesh
C+. But the Raiders D sucks.

What did you give reid before a Z-?

Rausch

I think we ran two today.

Not 6 in the first half alone.

We don't need trick plays we just need to get the ball in the hands of the big 3 (Hill, Hunt, and Kelcee.)

Chiefshrink
12-10-2017, 04:41 PM
Zero dumb**** trick plays.

Yeah, he needs to keep calling the plays.

Let Andy be a full time tard wrangler for Peters...

Andy started his diet two weeks ago is why.:D Nagy ain't sole play caller I assure you especially when you are on a losing streak with your fan base calling for Mahomes and the division title at stake. Remember Andy doesn't give up control EVER !! See Dorsey for a reference on that.:D

BlackHelicopters
12-10-2017, 04:42 PM
What did you give reid before a Z-?

F-

RippedmyFlesh
12-10-2017, 04:42 PM
I think we ran two today.

Not 6 in the first half alone.

We don't need trick plays we just need to get the ball in the hands of the big 3 (Hill, Hunt, and Kelcee.)

And that seems like what we are doing since he took over which is the most important issue I think too.

ct
12-10-2017, 04:43 PM
lets keep in mind the oakland D is worse than ours

Chief Northman
12-10-2017, 04:44 PM
Run game was much better today. O-line seemed more physical. I think they have been called out.

NJChiefsFan
12-10-2017, 04:45 PM
Zero dumb**** trick plays.

Zero dumb trick plays? What did you call it last week when we threw it to a LT on 3rd and 1 from midfield?

I do find it amazing that we ran the ball 5 times in a row when it wasn't the 4th quarter.

TwistedChief
12-10-2017, 04:48 PM
I liked it. It was balanced. It had elements of gimmick. We highlighted our best players. Nagy has a thumbs up right now easily versus the one-first-down-in-a-half abortion Reid presided over against buffalo.

Rausch
12-10-2017, 04:50 PM
I do find it amazing that we ran the ball 5 times in a row when it wasn't the 4th quarter.

And that was good. Last week we came out throwing and didn't run as much. This week we clearly wanted to get Hunt the ball and he had a solid day.

Naggy is much less predictable...

lcarus
12-10-2017, 04:52 PM
I wish we would do HB screens more often. We supposedly have this fast athletic finesse o-line and a QB that loves to throw passes behind the line of scrimmage. Surprised we never see them.

Molitoth
12-10-2017, 05:07 PM
I admit, the offense has looked way better under nagy. Not much sideways bullshit.

JakeF
12-10-2017, 06:50 PM
I admit, the offense has looked way better under nagy. Not much sideways bullshit.
Which disproves the concept that all the sideways bullshit was because of Alex Smith. It has always been because of Andy Reid. I just hope Reid isn't doing with Nagy what he did with Pederson. Give him the playcalling to help him get a new job then Andy will take over the job again next year.

At this point, I'm not sure I wouldn't rather keep Nagy and ship Reid off to someplace else. Nagy might fire Sutton and Heck, don't think Reid ever will. At the very least, Reid would take our Defensive line coach with him.

Rain Man
12-10-2017, 06:53 PM
Which disproves the concept that all the sideways bullshit was because of Alex Smith. It has always been because of Andy Reid. I just hope Reid isn't doing with Nagy what he did with Pederson. Give him the playcalling to help him get a new job then Andy will take over the job again next year.

At this point, I'm not sure I wouldn't rather keep Nagy and ship Reid off to someplace else. Nagy might fire Sutton and Heck, don't think Reid ever will. At the very least, Reid would take our Defensive line coach with him.

I thought Britt Reid did wonders with the defensive line last year, and this year the defensive line has merely wandered the field around like grazing cattle.

HemiEd
12-10-2017, 06:54 PM
Run game was much better today. O-line seemed more physical. I think they have been called out.

Yep, and lets not forget the big play by Harris.

JakeF
12-10-2017, 07:02 PM
Yep, and lets not forget the big play by Harris.Followed by the 2 crappy plays by Harris, his norm.