PDA

View Full Version : Money QUESTION TO ALL FARMERS ON THIS BOARD: ABOUT QUICK-SOL

scho63
12-13-2017, 01:00 PM
Does anyone on this board have any experience with using, buying or applying Quick-Sol? :hmmm:

http://www.quick-sol.org/Default.html

I'll send a pm with questions if you truly have after you can show that you are not BSing.

Greatly appreciated :D

Reerun_KC
Paging Buehler.....

loochy
:logical:
Posted via Mobile Device

Dayze
12-13-2017, 01:30 PM
Dope, drugs, weed, grass, toot, smack, quackers, uppers, downers, all arounders. You name it, we want it!
http://cdn.hark.com/images/000/391/582/391582/original.jpg

KCUnited
12-13-2017, 01:31 PM
pm sent

Bwana
12-13-2017, 01:44 PM
Starting a "cash crop" are you? :hmmm:

scho63
12-13-2017, 01:45 PM
pm sent

You better check who you sent it to......

scho63
12-13-2017, 02:22 PM
Starting a "cash crop" are you? :hmmm:

No, it's for an international client.....very very large amount....they need to resolve a salinity problem caused by flooding and increase the harvestable acreage by at least 30%.

In excess of $20 million dollars

BlackHelicopters
12-13-2017, 02:43 PM
Don’t tell the sheriff

farmerchief
12-13-2017, 02:53 PM
Nope

threebag02
12-13-2017, 03:02 PM
No, it's for an international client.....very very large amount....they need to resolve a salinity problem caused by flooding and increase the harvestable acreage by at least 30%.

The Kim Jong Un moving away from human shit on his vegetables? Parasites are going to be pissed

Eleazar
12-13-2017, 03:07 PM

Hog Farmer can help you increase fertility, shoot him a PM

Fish
12-13-2017, 03:08 PM
Briefly reading into this... it sounds like bullshit. They're shady about what's in it and what exactly it's supposed to do. If you dig into their brochure pdf, it simply lists this:

Quick-Sol®’s Chemical Composition makes it belong to the ionized sodium silicate family. Quick-Sol® contains Calcium, Iron, Humic acid, Fulvic acid, Silicon, Sodium, Copper, Magnesium, Manganese and Zinc.

That's all the info they provide. No quantitative analysis at all? Really shady.

There's zero information about it outside of what's distributed by the company itself. There's a website called Soil and Plant Technology that provides a bunch of articles about it. But if you look close, Soil and Plant Technology is actually part of the company, their east coast distributor.

I'd be concerned that it's sold like a $19.99 As Seen on TV product. It has no reviews outside of the company itself, which should be a huge red flag. It's not sold in any normal agriculture outlets. Doesn't sound good at all..

Buehler445
12-13-2017, 03:45 PM
Never have. But it sounds wonky.

A 20-40 ounces/ acre of anything isn’t changing soil texture. No matter what it is.

There are lots of nutrient uptake aids and the only ones I’ve seen that have repeatable benefits are encapsulated phosphates. And that is a structural thing on high pH soil. I highly doubt a soil amendment would increase nutrient uptake.

Water uptake is wonky too. We’ve ran some trials on soil amendments that were just nonionic surfactant and then some magnet technology similar to easy water products that are supposed to improve water uptake. All worthless.

You need to find an MSDS sheet and find out what’s in it.

But it sounds like snake oil. And there is a LOT in Ag.

scho63
12-13-2017, 03:50 PM
Just spoke to the owner for 45 minutes. Some pretty impressive client's including McCains' the potato supplier for 100% of McDonald's french fries. The product has been used in about 10 countries.

They also use the product for mine trailings to reduce the acidity levels from 4.0 to around 6.5 after less than one year.

It's a patented polymer soil additive. I am going to assume that my potential client would do soil tests before ever buying the kind of volume they want and also need to speak to several of their top clients.

scho63
12-13-2017, 03:51 PM
Never have. But it sounds wonky.

A 20-40 ounces/ acre of anything isn’t changing soil texture. No matter what it is.

There are lots of nutrient uptake aids and the only ones I’ve seen that have repeatable benefits are encapsulated phosphates. And that is a structural thing on high pH soil. I highly doubt a soil amendment would increase nutrient uptake.

Water uptake is wonky too. We’ve ran some trials on soil amendments that were just nonionic surfactant and then some magnet technology similar to easy water products that are supposed to improve water uptake. All worthless.

You need to find an MSDS sheet and find out what’s in it.

But it sounds like snake oil. And there is a LOT in Ag.

Thank you very much! :clap:

Pos Rep sent for your help.

scho63
12-13-2017, 03:57 PM
Here is an article about it and he also said that there is a corn study expert from the University of North Carolina that everyone in the industry on the East Coast knows, who is finishing writing a 5 year study on the effects of Quick Sol on corn crops. I think the guys name was something like Paul Henninger or Harbinger.

http://www.soilplanttech.com/growing-naturally-strong-and-healthy-sod/

http://www.soilplanttech.com/tag/quick-sol/

lewdog
12-13-2017, 04:20 PM
PM Bob Dole.

Fish
12-13-2017, 04:38 PM
Here is an article about it and he also said that there is a corn study expert from the University of North Carolina that everyone in the industry on the East Coast knows, who is finishing writing a 5 year study on the effects of Quick Sol on corn crops. I think the guys name was something like Paul Henninger or Harbinger.

http://www.soilplanttech.com/growing-naturally-strong-and-healthy-sod/

http://www.soilplanttech.com/tag/quick-sol/

Every single article from the soilplanttech.com website is about Quick-Sol. Red flag. It's just an advertisement from the manufacturer disguised as an independent website. Look around the site, it's clear as day.

Here's the MSDS for the product. It's nothing but water and sodium silicate.

Section 3 – Composition / Information on Ingredients
Ionized Sodium Silicate composition
Water 50-80% CAS# 7732-18-5
Near Sodium Silicate 20-50% CAS# 1344-09-8

http://www.quick-sol.org/documents/quick_sol_msds.pdf

That's Na2SiO3. Commonly called Sodium water glass. Looking into it further, Potassium silicate looks to be more effective...

eDave
12-13-2017, 04:42 PM

Retired. Leave him alone. He's fishin'

scho63
12-13-2017, 06:12 PM
Every single article from the soilplanttech.com website is about Quick-Sol. Red flag. It's just an advertisement from the manufacturer disguised as an independent website. Look around the site, it's clear as day.

Here's the MSDS for the product. It's nothing but water and sodium silicate.

That's Na2SiO3. Commonly called Sodium water glass. Looking into it further, Potassium silicate looks to be more effective...

Thank you very much for all the extensive info. I kinda knew that was probably a website related to Quick Sol.

I'll send some POS REP when on laptop and not my cell.

I'm curious about the patent as he said he has a unique process to create greater yields. I'm going to ask him to explain why their product is greater than the potassium silicate.

Also want to see this corn study and make sure it's not a paid marketing piece.

The client is the one who contacted us about their product and they seem to be convinced on it. Not sure why as it is far and above my knowledge and field of expertise.

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-13-2017, 06:20 PM

Hog farmer went Fishin!

Fish
12-13-2017, 11:03 PM
Thank you very much for all the extensive info. I kinda knew that was probably a website related to Quick Sol.

I'll send some POS REP when on laptop and not my cell.

I'm curious about the patent as he said he has a unique process to create greater yields. I'm going to ask him to explain why their product is greater than the potassium silicate.

Also want to see this corn study and make sure it's not a paid marketing piece.

The client is the one who contacted us about their product and they seem to be convinced on it. Not sure why as it is far and above my knowledge and field of expertise.

Just be careful. Not being a dick here, but this sounds like some exaggerated BS. I know I've given you lots of shit for other petty bulletin board stuff before, but this is serious if you're trying to sell this off on somebody in another country for a big contract. The MSDS is a big red flag. The CAS# 1344-09-8 designation is just Sodium water glass. That and water. You could buy straight sodium silicate for much much cheaper than this outfit is selling, and mix it to your own preference. Or better yet, do the same with Potassium silicate. That sounds like a much more effective addendum if you insist on that.

Fish
12-13-2017, 11:20 PM

That's the thing. You can't just patent known chemical combinations. The entire ingredients for this are:

The CAS# is important. Those are known (Chemical Abstract Service) designations. This one in particular is 50-80% water(LOL) and 20-50% CAS# 1344-09-8

You can look up exactly what that CAS# 1344-09-8 is.

It's Sodium water glass. Which has been studied for decades. It's not anything new. It's not something you can patent by any means. Certainly not by just adding water to it. The MSDS is right there. Nothing they have is able to be patented. It's bullshit.

Buehler445
12-13-2017, 11:38 PM
That's the thing. You can't just patent known chemical combinations. The entire ingredients for this are:

The CAS# is important. Those are known (Chemical Abstract Service) designations. This one in particular is 50-80% water(LOL) and 20-50% CAS# 1344-09-8

You can look up exactly what that CAS# 1344-09-8 is.

It's Sodium water glass. Which has been studied for decades. It's not anything new. It's not something you can patent by any means. Certainly not by just adding water to it. The MSDS is right there. Nothing they have is able to be patented. It's bullshit.

I would have to agree here. Unregulated adjuvants and amendments are crap most of the time.

Here is a good read on salinity from Texas A&M

http://aglifesciences.tamu.edu/baen/wp-content/uploads/sites/24/2017/01/E-60-Managing-Soil-Salinity.pdf

ChiefGator
12-14-2017, 10:30 AM
Here is a good read on salinity from Texas A&M

http://aglifesciences.tamu.edu/baen/wp-content/uploads/sites/24/2017/01/E-60-Managing-Soil-Salinity.pdf

Good link! Thanks for sharing it.

ChiefGator
12-14-2017, 10:31 AM
Have them try a couple things on an acre or so and continue to test it and see which works better. A much better solution than just buying this stuff and hoping for the best, especially at the apparent markup.

NOTE: I see you said you assume they would do testing.. I would confirm and suggest it as well.

scho63
12-14-2017, 10:47 AM
Have them try a couple things on an acre or so and continue to test it and see which works better. A much better solution than just buying this stuff and hoping for the best, especially at the apparent markup.

NOTE: I see you said you assume they would do testing.. I would confirm and suggest it as well.

That was already discussed! :clap:

Just lobbed over some questions to the owner based on some of the questions you guys raised. :D

scho63
12-15-2017, 09:54 AM
Here is the patent on the product and lot's more detail. This works and also will resolve some flooding issues for my client...

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PALL&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsrchnum.htm&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1=8,377,164.PN.&OS=PN/8,377,164&RS=PN/8,377,164

http://pdfpiw.uspto.gov/.piw?Docid=08377164&homeurl=http%3A%2F%2Fpatft.uspto.gov%2Fnetacgi%2Fnph-Parser%3FSect1%3DPTO1%2526Sect2%3DHITOFF%2526d%3DPALL%2526p%3D1%2526u%3D%25252Fnetahtml%25252FPTO%25 252Fsrchnum.htm%2526r%3D1%2526f%3DG%2526l%3D50%2526s1%3D8,377,164.PN.%2526OS%3DPN%2F8,377,164%2526RS %3DPN%2F8,377,164&PageNum=&Rtype=&SectionNum=&idkey=NONE&Input=View+first+page