PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Let's Talk Chargers

Black Bob
12-14-2017, 05:35 PM
Keenan Allen is playing at an All Pro level right now and he worries me. However, Peters will be ready to prove himself coming off suspension and I expect a big game from him. I wish they'd let him shadow Allen. For the first time, I think it could happen because they finally have a corner in Revis who can play inside and outside on both sides.

I would like to see us focus on shutting down the run and leaving the corners on islands. Jenkins needs to continue to get more reps than Logan. He really collapsed the pocket.

On offense, running is going to be difficult. We need to pull out every screen in the book. I expect West to have his biggest game of the season. He won't just be in on pistol and shotgun formations. He will be out there in single back and I form. If they can get him matched up against Ingram a couple of times that will be huge. I think Kelce will also have a big day.

Last, don't expect a lot of deep shots with Bosa and Ingram coming hard. That said, Alex could have a nice day running the ball.

Chiefs: 27
Chargers: 21

Thoughts?

Best22
12-14-2017, 05:38 PM
If we can't pass the ball down the field we won't win.

Unfortunately, we are terrible at running-back screens. Those would come in handy

Offensive line needs to give Smith enough time to find guys open down field. A few sacks is okay but if they get consistent pressure it's hard to see us winning.

Alex Smith needs to have a good game

jaa1025
12-14-2017, 05:56 PM
It's simple. Is the front 7 going to show up like last week or are they going to revert back to form from the other games this season?

Dunerdr
12-14-2017, 06:17 PM
its all pointless. were just killing time until pat the party takes the wheel.

Dunerdr
12-14-2017, 06:21 PM
hunter henry will win this game for eggo.

TwistedChief
12-14-2017, 06:21 PM
I like Peters and think he has a lot to prove in this game post-suspension, but Keenan Allen torched him before and can do so again. I don’t think we can rely upon him.

We need pressure on Rivers. We need Alex to have presence and awareness in the pocket. We probably need a pick to get in Rivers’s head. We need to give Alex enough time to hit Hill and Kelce downfield.

Easy 6
12-14-2017, 06:22 PM
The offense will likely struggle, we'll need the D to save the day

Hammock Parties
12-14-2017, 06:25 PM
Chiefs are gonna need a big flukey play from Peters or Hill to win this.

A ball ripped out of someone's hands, a punt return for a TD...some kind of magic.

Chargers 27, Chiefs 23...

TwistedChief
12-14-2017, 06:27 PM
Chiefs are gonna need a big flukey play from Peters or Hill to win this.

A ball ripped out of someone's hands, a punt return for a TD...some kind of magic.

Chargers 27, Chiefs 23...

You’re calling for an Alex-Smith-led offense to score 23?! Seems you’ve become a bit of a believer. Welcome to the light, Clay. See you at the Super Bowl tailgate.

Deberg_1990
12-14-2017, 06:28 PM
Bolts 28
Chiefs 21

hitchief
12-14-2017, 06:50 PM
I really think it depends on how we do in the trenches. Last game was so much better than what we've seen over the last 6 games.

Don't know if Sutton has the balls to blitz or at least mix it up to keep River's off balance cause if he does, River's is always good for a bad pick if we can get pressure.

Glad Nagy will be calling plays! Need more slants and swing passes to the rb's to keep those pass rushing studs they have from dominating the game.

Chiefs = 28
chargers = 27

TimeForWasp
12-14-2017, 07:04 PM
We are going to have to play like we did at the beginning of the year to beat them.

Reerun_KC
12-14-2017, 07:05 PM
42-17 Chiefs

Alex 30-35 502 4/0. No PSUs or HTDs. 1 turf sacks

Coochie liquor
12-14-2017, 07:27 PM
The offense will likely struggle, we'll need the D to save the day
that's what she said

dannybcaitlyn
12-14-2017, 07:35 PM
Big game . I Would like to see Tyreek do Kickoff returns for this one.

Easy 6
12-14-2017, 07:41 PM
that's what she said

Hi-O!

SuperBowl4
12-14-2017, 10:08 PM
Kareem Hunt sets NFL single game rushing record against the Los Angeles Chargers 12/16/2017

farmerchief
12-15-2017, 06:09 AM
Kareem Hunt sets NFL single game rushing record against the Los Angeles Chargers 12/16/2017 If he does, it probably means Alex goes for over 400 yardsPassing , only way Chargers would be that loose against the run, unfortunately.

Coogs
12-15-2017, 06:16 AM
If he does, it probably means Alex goes for over 400 yardsPassing , only way Chargers would be that loose against the run, unfortunately.

So 300 yards rushing for Hunt, and 400 yards throwing for Smith. This I got to see!!!

King_Chief_Fan
12-15-2017, 09:32 AM
We are going to have to play like we did at the beginning of the year to beat them.

yup...anything that resembles or is worse than the last 8 weeks makes the Chiefs sitting on the couch with the Broncos during playoffs.

crayzkirk
12-15-2017, 09:39 AM
Chiefs have beaten bad Broncos and Raiders teams and lost to Jets, Bills, Giants, Raiders and Cowboys. Not sure why anyone thinks this game isn't going to look like the first game last year before Allen got injured tripping over a leaf on the field.

Chargers 42
Chiefs 17

Unless Keenan Allen trips on a leaf and blows out his knee, he will be running slants all day long for 12-15 yards. Especially with that nice eight yard cushion that Peters/Sutton likes to give.

Best22
12-15-2017, 09:47 AM
Chiefs have beaten bad Broncos and Raiders teams and lost to Jets, Bills, Giants, Raiders and Cowboys. Not sure why anyone thinks this game isn't going to look like the first game last year before Allen got injured tripping over a leaf on the field.

Chargers 42
Chiefs 17

Unless Keenan Allen trips on a leaf and blows out his knee, he will be running slants all day long for 12-15 yards. Especially with that nice eight yard cushion that Peters/Sutton likes to give.

Keenan Allen was a non-factor last time they played. Never seen so much overreaction from one half of football (the whole team was playing like dog****, not just Peters). If the Chiefs had played the Giants, Bills, and Jets with the intensity and energy they played the Raiders we would probably be 10-3, maybe 9-4.

For whatever reason, the Charger offense struggles against Justin Houston. Last three games that Justin Houston played in, the Chargers have scored 10, 3, and 7 points.

redfan
12-15-2017, 09:51 AM
Get some pressure on Phyllis and things will be just fine. If no QB pressure, SD is victorious.

crayzkirk
12-15-2017, 10:06 AM
Keenan Allen was a non-factor last time they played. Never seen so much overreaction from one half of football (the whole team was playing like dog****, not just Peters). If the Chiefs had played the Giants, Bills, and Jets with the intensity and energy they played the Raiders we would probably be 10-3, maybe 9-4.

For whatever reason, the Charger offense struggles against Justin Houston. Last three games that Justin Houston played in, the Chargers have scored 10, 3, and 7 points.

Yeah, I really don't like being so negative about them. I don't trust them anymore and am tired of being disappointed.

Hope they win, won't be surprised if they lose.

Best22
12-15-2017, 10:11 AM
Yeah, I really don't like being so negative about them. I don't trust them anymore and am tired of being disappointed.

Hope they win, won't be surprised if they lose.

True, but we looked entirely different vs the Raiders. Chiefs are underdogs at home to a team they've beaten 7 straight times. This Chiefs defense is far better at home. Most expected the Raiders to mop up last week in Arrowhead, but the Chiefs made a statement on the first Raider drive

I just think both teams are gonna leave it on the field. Chiefs-Chargers is usually close, but the Chiefs seem to have more success vs the Sparklers than anyone else.

I expect a close game.

ModSocks
12-15-2017, 10:35 AM
Rivers is quietly playing as one of the best QB's in the league right now. He's been on an outstanding 4 game stretch.

That O-line is holding up. They've revamped it since last season and you can tell. The running game is still mediocre but Rivers looks comfortable in the pocket most of the time.

He still turns to mush when you get pressure on him though. Get enough pressure and i've seen him completely crumble and get happy feet this season. Problem is, it's a lot harder to get to him this year. I don't know what the sack numbers are, but just the eye test.

Keenan Allen has had several 10+ catch games this season and has looked uncoverable at times. Peters needs to prove if he's a baller or not. This is it, dude. Come out and play with a fire under your ass in a huge game vs a division rival, against a bitter on the field-foe. If you can't rise to the occasion for something like this then you're just not who i thought you were.

Chargers defense has been stout. I know everyone is jocking them right now, but im not sold on the interior of that D. Bosa has been excellent but Ingram has cooled off a bit lately. Butler is dealing with a leg issue and will likely be a game time decision. I expect him to play.

ModSocks
12-15-2017, 10:36 AM
The Chiefs will need to capture some of that '16 magic IMO. They're going to need some big plays. That's stating the obvious, but you know what i mean. A 'Reek kick return TD, a pick 6, a well timed fumble, etc.

Gadzooks
12-15-2017, 10:46 AM
Chargers defense has been stout. I know everyone is jocking them right now, but im not sold on the interior of that D. Bosa has been excellent but Ingram has cooled off a bit lately. Butler is dealing with a leg issue and will likely be a game time decision. I expect him to play.

I think you mean Casey Heyward. Also, Perryman, being back from injury, should only help their interior D, although, If I'm the Chiefs I'm still running the ball all day.

ModSocks
12-15-2017, 10:58 AM
I think you mean Casey Heyward. Also, Perryman, being back from injury, should only help their interior D, although, If I'm the Chiefs I'm still running the ball all day.

Ah yes. No idea why i said Butler. Fucking brain fart.

MahiMike
12-15-2017, 11:05 AM
Peters sits.team profits. Chiefs win!

arrwheader
12-15-2017, 11:16 AM
Win this game and you’re basically in the playoffs. Simple as that Chiefs have the advantage of the home crowd. No excuses, they got to show up like last week.

TLO
12-15-2017, 11:20 AM
Warm weather primetime game at Arrowhead with a playoff spot on the line?

Chiefs win this one. Arrowhead should be rocking, and Rivers always seems prone to turning the ball over against the Chiefs.

Hammock Parties
12-15-2017, 02:23 PM

It's going to be a 40 degree wind chill by the end of the game.

That's right on the borderline of Alex's "oh im cold now i suck" territory.

Stay tuned.

Sd760
12-15-2017, 02:50 PM

Chiefs win this one. Arrowhead should be rocking, and Rivers always seems prone to turning the ball over against the Chiefs.

funny, last thread u made u had the chargers winning for sure.

As it stands, it will all come down to turnovers. Whoever gets more TOs. will win.

KurtCauley
12-15-2017, 03:16 PM
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2017/12/15/16780954/this-chiefs-hype-video-narrated-by-eric-berry-has-me-fired-up

Got me pumped! Chiefs win this

big nasty kcnut
12-15-2017, 03:46 PM
Phyllis River is a bitch!

Stryker
12-15-2017, 08:31 PM
We have beatten them before, we can do it again. If Alex can trust his initial scan of the field and just "LET IT GO" then we have an excellent chance to win this. If he second guesses and pulls it in to run, then there is an awesome chance to see PMII because he will get killed by Ingram and Bosa.

That won't happen. Chiefs win 24 or 27 - 17 or 21. We have this, no worries. On to the playoffs. Then, start sweating!

Pasta Little Brioni
12-15-2017, 08:50 PM
Average team that feasted on bottom feeders

Pasta Little Brioni
12-15-2017, 08:51 PM
Houston sucks! Ingram is scury! (Same number of sacks) CP is pretty fucking dumb.

GloryDayz
12-15-2017, 08:51 PM
Fuck the Chargers!

Pasta Little Brioni
12-15-2017, 08:52 PM

Chargers 42
Chiefs 17

You are a butt fucking moron.

chiefforlife
12-15-2017, 10:03 PM
Houston has three sacks, Chris Jones has 1.5, Tamba has .5. Peters has a pick, special teams has a TD. We win!!

Arrowhead Magic!!!

stevieray
12-16-2017, 12:53 PM
...they're boring

crayzkirk
12-17-2017, 08:43 AM
You are a butt ****ing moron.

I don't really lean that way... Glad I was wrong. Not sure why the Chargers changed their game plan early in the second half however I'm glad they did. The swing passes and running game were tearing the Chiefs up and then they decided to start throwing the ball up for grabs.

Thanks Chuggers...

Pasta Little Brioni
12-17-2017, 09:51 AM
Average team that feasted on bottom feeders

Rausch
12-17-2017, 09:56 AM
Houston has three sacks, Chris Jones has 1.5, Tamba has .5. Peters has a pick, special teams has a TD. We win!!

Arrowhead Magic!!!

Valiant effort!

You were close...