PDA

View Full Version : ****OFFICIAL Walterfootball.com 2018 Mock Draft Thread****

The Franchise
12-21-2017, 10:40 AM
www.walterfootball.com

Might as well start it up since there are two games left in the season.

57. J.C. Jackson, CB, Maryland

The Chiefs were so desperate for cornerback help that they signed Darrelle Revis, who was atrocious against his former team. Kansas City has to target a cornerback early.

89. Porter Gustin, DE/OLB, USC

Tamba Hali won't be around much longer, so the Chiefs will have to think about finding a new edge rusher.

121. Blace Brown, CB, Troy

The Chiefs signed Darrelle Revis in what appeared to be a desperation move. I have them selecting a cornerback earlier in this mock draft, but they could double up at the position.

pugsnotdrugs19
12-21-2017, 11:41 AM
I like the ideology of the defense first approach. Depends on FA though obviously.

Iczer
12-21-2017, 01:04 PM
Agreed. Hopefully Smith can net us a 2nd rounder. Defense needs help bad.

hitchief
12-22-2017, 10:11 PM
Agreed. Hopefully Smith can net us a 2nd rounder. Defense needs help bad.

Pat will easily overcome all and lead us to victory or so I've been told over and over again- a great qb doesn't need anything or anybody else to win as long as he's elite!

DaneMcCloud
12-23-2017, 04:40 PM
I like the ideology of the defense first approach. Depends on FA though obviously.

There's no one available that's worth a shit in free agency this year.

Trades, the draft and internal improvement is their best bet in 2018.

OKchiefs
12-23-2017, 10:50 PM
There's no one available that's worth a shit in free agency this year.

Trades, the draft and internal improvement is their best bet in 2018.

There's always someone available, even if it's not the top tier guys.

Willie Lanier
12-23-2017, 11:16 PM
Pat will easily overcome all and lead us to victory or so I've been told over and over again- a great qb doesn't need anything or anybody else to win as long as he's elite!

Someone has an axe to grind ROFL

Willie Lanier
12-23-2017, 11:21 PM
Don't shit all over a kid because you despise everyone championing him...

You didn't literally do it but you passively aggressively did it, and that's the sort of thing angsty teenagers do...

Don't be that guy

Direckshun
12-24-2017, 02:04 AM
They better go defense heavy.

pugsnotdrugs19
12-24-2017, 07:51 PM
Tyreek and Peters are going to cost us a ton of money. It's becoming more and more evident by the week. Jones and Hunt might too.

Luckily, I get the sense that Veach is planning way ahead for these types of things based on his interviews/press conferences.

RunKC
12-24-2017, 08:08 PM
Tyreek and Peters are going to cost us a ton of money. It's becoming more and more evident by the week. Jones and Hunt might too.

Luckily, I get the sense that Veach is planning way ahead for these types of things based on his interviews/press conferences.

Just draft good players. Obviously we are set at QB, TE and RB, but there’s tons of room to grow.

CB
S
OLB
DL
OL
WR

Getting good players, even quality role players like Chris Conley, on cheap contracts, is so vital.

pugsnotdrugs19
12-24-2017, 08:16 PM
Just draft good players. Obviously we are set at QB, TE and RB, but there’s tons of room to grow.

CB
S
OLB
DL
OL
WR

Getting good players, even quality role players like Chris Conley, on cheap contracts, is so vital.

I think you're right but I can't help but to hope that Veach will find a few vets who can come in and really be upgrades at certain positions. I'm thinking of the 2013 Seahawks and the 2015 Donkeys... they supplemented so well on defense in free agency and it won them Super Bowls. With Mahomes on that rookie deal, I expect Veach will look to add some of those outside talents between now and 2020.

RunKC
12-24-2017, 08:28 PM
I think you're right but I can't help but to hope that Veach will find a few vets who can come in and really be upgrades at certain positions. I'm thinking of the 2013 Seahawks and the 2015 Donkeys... they supplemented so well on defense in free agency and it won them Super Bowls. With Mahomes on that rookie deal, I expect Veach will look to add some of those outside talents between now and 2020.

Earl Thomas thinks Seattle will kick him to the curb. He said that today.

I know he likes the Cowboys, but one of his best friends is Ron parker. He also has his old teammate KPL here. He’s also going to be 29 next year.

It would be amazing to have a secondary of Thomas, EB and Peters.

pugsnotdrugs19
12-24-2017, 08:48 PM
Earl Thomas thinks Seattle will kick him to the curb. He said that today.

I know he likes the Cowboys, but one of his best friends is Ron parker. He also has his old teammate KPL here. He’s also going to be 29 next year.

It would be amazing to have a secondary of Thomas, EB and Peters.

Yep, that's the exact type of player I'm talking about that could cement a championship defense. Earl and Berry have been close too since coming out of the same draft in 2010. And maybe it won't exactly be Thomas, but he's just a great example of what I see in my head.

Offensively, we are close to teeing Mahomes up for ultimate success. Add on to that defense, and we are in business.

kccrow
12-25-2017, 05:41 PM
With Peters on the team already, I don't want the Chiefs touching Jackson. The kid is just as much a head case as Peters.

I do like Blace Brown though, quite a bit.

ForeverChiefs58
12-26-2017, 08:18 AM

CB
S
OLB
DL
OL
WR

Yeah, I’d even add another CB to that mix as well. It would also be great to get another high production TE too.

ForeverChiefs58
12-26-2017, 08:32 AM
Yep, that's the exact type of player I'm talking about that could cement a championship defense. Earl and Berry have been close too since coming out of the same draft in 2010. And maybe it won't exactly be Thomas, but he's just a great example of what I see in my head.

Offensively, we are close to teeing Mahomes up for ultimate success. Add on to that defense, and we are in business.

Hell yeah! That would be amazing shot to our defense, and seriously make us contenders

ForeverChiefs58
12-26-2017, 03:18 PM

after the game, Thomas told Garrett, "If ya'll got a chance to come get me, come get me," according to video footage from the Dallas Morning News and NFL Network. Thomas explained he meant only if Seattle moves on from him and said he is happy to be with the Seahawks.

Pete Carroll Calls Earl Thomas' 'Come Get Me' Remark to Cowboys 'Unfortunate'

Although the Orange, Texas, native has developed into a force for the Seahawks, his roots in the state run deep, as he also attended and played football at the University of Texas.

That could make the Cowboys an enticing destination for him in the future; however, he still has one year remaining on his contract.

https://apple.news/AgvdRlj0fSpillowbiterAxJTG1qoTA

I’m hoping Berry and other chiefs will recruit him hard enough to get him to KC.
I’m hoping he really loves BBQ lol

Hammock Parties
12-27-2017, 07:48 PM
I'd still like to see them take a flyer on a mid-round QB.

We don't have a backup.

Dante84
12-27-2017, 10:56 PM
Jesus.
Berry, Thomas, Revis and Peters? That would be a wild DB squad on name alone.

The Franchise
03-08-2018, 10:10 AM
Newly updated.

54. Dorance Armstrong, DE/OLB, Kansas

Tamba Hali is as good as gone, so the Chiefs need to find another potent edge rusher to start across from Justin Houston.

78. Rasheem Green, DE/DT, USC

The Chiefs could stand to improve most areas of their defense. Here, they can continue to bolster the interior of their stop unit

86. Deon Cain, WR, Clemson

The Chiefs don't have much at receiver outside of Tyreek Hill, so this is something they'll have to remedy this offseason.

122. Dorian O'Daniel, LB, Clemson

The Chiefs lost Derrick Johnson this offseason, so they'll need to find a new player at the position.

124. Holton Hill, CB, Texas

The Chiefs acquired this selection in the Marcus Peters trade, so they might as well use it to find Peters' replacement.

209. Jester Weah, WR, Pittsburgh

The Chiefs want to add as much receiving talent as possible to take advantage of Patrick Mahomes' arm.

The Franchise
03-08-2018, 10:11 AM
Drafting two WRs makes no fucking sense.

TambaBerry
03-08-2018, 10:22 AM
I'm surprised it's not Ol,Ol,dl

Chargem
03-09-2018, 01:59 AM
Newly updated.

54. Dorance Armstrong, DE/OLB, Kansas

Tamba Hali is as good as gone, so the Chiefs need to find another potent edge rusher to start across from Justin Houston.

78. Rasheem Green, DE/DT, USC

The Chiefs could stand to improve most areas of their defense. Here, they can continue to bolster the interior of their stop unit

86. Deon Cain, WR, Clemson

The Chiefs don't have much at receiver outside of Tyreek Hill, so this is something they'll have to remedy this offseason.

122. Dorian O'Daniel, LB, Clemson

The Chiefs lost Derrick Johnson this offseason, so they'll need to find a new player at the position.

124. Holton Hill, CB, Texas

The Chiefs acquired this selection in the Marcus Peters trade, so they might as well use it to find Peters' replacement.

209. Jester Weah, WR, Pittsburgh

The Chiefs want to add as much receiving talent as possible to take advantage of Patrick Mahomes' arm.

Yep hate double WR and honestly I hate OLB at 2nd round pick too. Actually need a guy who can contribute day 1 from that 2nd round pick, no way an OLB can do that with Ford still being on the roster.

I would be waiting till the 2019 draft when they have a first and two seconds to draft an OLB

pugsnotdrugs19
03-09-2018, 10:32 AM
Drafting two WRs makes no ****ing sense.

It’s not going to happen. We’re signing one.

Priest31kc
03-10-2018, 02:01 PM
Yep hate double WR and honestly I hate OLB at 2nd round pick too. Actually need a guy who can contribute day 1 from that 2nd round pick, no way an OLB can do that with Ford still being on the roster.

I would be waiting till the 2019 draft when they have a first and two seconds to draft an OLB

Yeah I agree. We have Ford for one more year, and Tanoh in his 2nd year. And this is also a very weak edge rusher free agent class AND draft class. I suspect next year will be better and like you said, we'll have a 1st and 2 2's and Ford's contract off the books.

I think we focus on DL and secondary this year.

Priest31kc
03-10-2018, 02:06 PM
It’s not going to happen. We’re signing one.

Yep, seems like we're primed to.

I personally would go after Allen Robinson, but he's probably out of our price range I would imagine.

Sammy Watkins seems to be connected to us, but I think he'll be costly too and there's alot of teams with more money to spend than us.

Paul Richardson is intriguing...

Doesn't sound like we're thinking Wilson will be back, so I agree with going after a vet WR in FA to go along with young guys like Robinson and Chesson. I dont know what to expect from Conley this season coming off a ruptured Achilles...