PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Rosen is considering pulling an Eli if the Browns want him

Quesadilla Joe
12-24-2017, 09:27 AM
If Darnold pulls the same thing the #1 pick could be up for grabs...

Josh Rosen prefers Giants over Browns, would hesitate to enter draft if Cleveland commits to him

UCLA quarterback Josh Rosen would prefer to play for the Giants over the Browns and would be hesitant to come out in next year's NFL draft if he knew that Cleveland was going to take him with the No. 1 overall pick, according to league sources familiar with the situation.

This is hardly the first time that a player has expressed concern about landing in Cleveland, though that will not dissuade new Browns general manager John Dorsey from taking the player he believes is the best fit for his franchise.

Privately, Rosen has expressed concern about winding up in Cleveland and would rather be with a more stable franchise, such as the Giants.

Rosen plans to sit down with his parents after the Cactus Bowl for a "serious conversation" before making a final decision about whether to turn pro. Whether Cleveland has the No. 1 overall pick could influence his decision, according to a source.

The Browns (0-14) can secure the top overall pick Sunday with a loss to the Chicago Bears or a victory by the Giants (2-12) over the Arizona Cardinals. New York would clinch no worse than the No. 2 pick with losses in each of its last two games.http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2018/story/_/id/21863509/josh-rosen-prefers-new-york-giants-cleveland-browns-hesitate-enter-draft-cleveland-commits-him

Dorsey is in a tough spot. I don't think Smith would be an option for him because I doubt Dorsey or KC would want to do a deal with each other, and Smith probably won't want to go to Cleveland either.

His only option could be giving Cousins $100M guaranteed or something.

Reerun_KC
12-24-2017, 09:28 AM
I get why Eli didn’t want to go to SD.

notorious
12-24-2017, 09:33 AM
Quite the embarrassment.

Not only do the Browns suck horribly, Cleveland is an undesireable place to live.

RealSNR
12-24-2017, 09:42 AM
Then just stay in school.

Sheesh. It's not hard.

ChiliConCarnage
12-24-2017, 09:43 AM
He'll go into the draft. The Browns could easily be at the top again next year.

Sassy Squatch
12-24-2017, 09:43 AM
So Rosen stays in school. Darnold goes to the Browns. What next?

Demonpenz
12-24-2017, 09:45 AM
Kids want it easy these days. In my day Bernie Kozar would take pills and drink vodka all day and give em hell.

Deberg_1990
12-24-2017, 09:57 AM
Cant blame any top player for not wanting to go play in Cleveland.

jjchieffan
12-24-2017, 10:00 AM
Actually, Eli pulled an Elway. Let's not forget that horseface was the original shithead who pulled that crap.

Skyy God
12-24-2017, 10:02 AM
Actually, Eli pulled an Elway. Let's not forget that horseface was the original shithead who pulled that crap.

Beat me to it by 1 minute.....

Sassy Squatch
12-24-2017, 10:03 AM
Real talk though, with the way Hue Jackson has treated Deshone Kizer, I wouldn't blame any QB for turning their nose up at Cleveland.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
12-24-2017, 10:05 AM
Rosen is a guy I hope the Broncos manage to draft. Dude is a bum.

oldman
12-24-2017, 10:17 AM
Let's see ---- New York or Cleveland? New York (dumpster fire that it is) has rocking clubs, tens of thousands of hot chicks, culture, did I mention tens of thousands of hot chicks and Cleveland has, uuhhhhh, oh yeah, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

chiefzilla1501
12-24-2017, 10:18 AM
Cant blame any top player for not wanting to go play in Cleveland.

In this case, he's a complete idiot. Already question marks about this guy being an unlikable asshole. Not going to help his draft stock. It's not like Eli who was the it guy. This guy thinks he's some kind of lock for #1?

RunKC
12-24-2017, 10:18 AM
This just makes it even more likely Alex goes to Cleveland

chiefzilla1501
12-24-2017, 10:26 AM
The team that tanked on manziel isn't going to take a spoiled, entitled kid that teammates apparently despise. And I don't know why any other team would want to with a lottery pick

Chief Roundup
12-24-2017, 11:17 AM
Coming from you it should be a John Elway.

Easy 6
12-24-2017, 11:17 AM
Arrogant and shortsighted IMO, Dorsey will get them turned around and the QB who helps him get it there will be considered a God on Earth in that town

Chief Roundup
12-24-2017, 11:21 AM
Dorsey will most likely trade back and get extra picks anyway.

staylor26
12-24-2017, 11:23 AM
The funny thing is the Browns actually have some pieces for a young QB to have early succes.

Gordon, Njoku, and Coleman with Thomas protecting your blindside is not bad at all. They’re a stud QB and RB away from having a really good offense.

JakeF
12-24-2017, 11:36 AM
Dorsey will most likely trade back and get extra picks anyway.Cleveland has 5 picks in the top 2 rounds and 13 total picks. Dorsey is not going to want more picks unless he trades some away. The only way Cleveland doesn't take a QB in the 1st round is if they pick up a starting caliber veteran in FA like Kirk Cousins.

Chief Roundup
12-24-2017, 11:40 AM
Cleveland has 5 picks in the top 2 rounds and 13 total picks. Dorsey is not going to want more picks unless he trades some away. The only way Cleveland doesn't take a QB in the 1st round is if they pick up a starting caliber veteran in FA like Kirk Cousins.

That doesn't mean he wouldn't trade back, yet staying inside the top 10 still getting a QB and getting a couple of nice picks for next year.

chiefzilla1501
12-24-2017, 11:48 AM
Arrogant and shortsighted IMO, Dorsey will get them turned around and the QB who helps him get it there will be considered a God on Earth in that town

That's why Alex Smith is a great fit. Stabilize the franchise for 1 or 2 years. Draft a qb but bad idea to start him right away. Most teams, yes, but browns have a much different history.

rockymtnchief
12-24-2017, 11:55 AM

Don't forget Brian Bosworth. He pulled the same stunt.

Prior to his entry into the NFL supplemental draft, Bosworth had sent letters to various NFL teams stating that, if they drafted him, he wouldn't report to their training camp and he wouldn't play for them. As a joke, the Tacoma Stars of the Major Indoor Soccer League selected him in the 12th round in their 1987 draft, as their general manager stated, "Because we didn't receive a letter from him that he wouldn't play for us." Bosworth was interviewed on The Today Show by Bryant Gumbel shortly after word came out about the letters and declared his desire was to play for the Los Angeles Raiders above all else, saying he felt they fit his personality best.

GoChargers
12-24-2017, 12:03 PM
Real talk though, with the way Hue Jackson has treated Deshone Kizer, I wouldn't blame any QB for turning their nose up at Cleveland.

By continuing to give him playing time even though he is an atrocious QB?

Abba-Dabba
12-24-2017, 12:46 PM
The funny thing is the Browns actually have some pieces for a young QB to have early succes.

Gordon, Njoku, and Coleman with Thomas protecting your blindside is not bad at all. They’re a stud QB and RB away from having a really good offense.

I agree. Don't forget about Garrett either.

If they could just shake off the curse of not really being the Browns. The Ravens are the Browns.

chiefzilla1501
12-24-2017, 12:49 PM
By continuing to give him playing time even though he is an atrocious QB?

He's been wishy washy about it. He's been in and out of the starting lineup so many times. Bizarre behavior for a coach. One of many examples of hue being too wishy washy to be a head coach.

notorious
12-24-2017, 12:59 PM
Imagine you just graduated from college and businesses draft you. The worst business in the fucking world wants to draft you and you are going to be locked in with them for no less than 5 years, all but guaranteeing your failure.

Wouldn't you do everything possible to avoid it?

RunKC
12-24-2017, 01:08 PM
Imagine you just graduated from college and businesses draft you. The worst business in the ****ing world wants to draft you and you are going to be locked in with them for no less than 5 years, all but guaranteeing your failure.

Not if I’m getting paid millions. Shit, put my ass in the field cleaning portable toilets and i’ll Do it for that kinda cash.

chiefzilla1501
12-24-2017, 01:13 PM
Imagine you just graduated from college and businesses draft you. The worst business in the ****ing world wants to draft you and you are going to be locked in with them for no less than 5 years, all but guaranteeing your failure.

If I had a reputation for being an outspoken asshole who teammates hate, I sure as shit wouldn't be mouthing off to the press about it. If darnold said that, that's one thing. But have to imagine many scouts cringed at hearing rosen say it

Hoopsdoc
12-24-2017, 01:27 PM

It does suck for the players but the millions help.

Plus, there has to be some sort of system in place for parity. Otherwise, ol Jerruh would just buy all the best players every year.

NWTF
12-24-2017, 01:34 PM

I think Jackson is going put everything hes got into sliding into Marvin Lewis's spot in Cincy. I think he will be willing to take less, which in Cincy will put you on the short list. IMO he will emerge the front runner for that job.

Besides that, if you saw the responses over the McCarron fiasco you saw he wants out of Cleveland.

notorious
12-24-2017, 01:35 PM
The amount of money involved is irrelevant.

chiefzilla1501
12-24-2017, 01:40 PM
I think Jackson is going put everything hes got into sliding into Marvin Lewis's spot in Cincy. I think he will be willing to take less, which in Cincy will put you on the short list. IMO he will emerge the front runner for that job.

Besides that, if you saw the responses over the McCarron fiasco you saw he wants out of Cleveland.

It's a win win. Cincy gets their marvin lewis, Cleveland gets rid of hue. And yes, the fact that cincy wants another marvin lewis is hilarious.

TomBarndtsTwin
12-24-2017, 01:45 PM
Rosen is considering pulling an Elway if the Browns want him

FYTT

Infidel Goat
12-24-2017, 03:28 PM
The NFL should do what MLB has done. If a team can't sign a first round pick for the slotted amount then they get roughly the same pick in the next years draft (actually one spot later than that pick).

I don't consider Rosen's decision nearly as bad as either Elway or Manning because he actually has a year of eligibility remaining. IIRC, Elway and Manning had graduated and were simply not going to sign. They've always been two of my least favorite players for that reason.

If the NFL instituted the MLB rule it would take away the power of future Elways/Mannings...

Graystoke
12-24-2017, 03:35 PM
I predict Browns are going to get good real fast

BryanBusby
12-24-2017, 03:41 PM

The Bengals will have their eyes set elsewhere.

TEX
12-24-2017, 03:59 PM
Before there was an Eli, there was an Elway...:shake:

BryanBusby
12-24-2017, 04:21 PM
The Browns are looking at having around 120 mil in cap space next year.

They need to pass on ruining another young QB and give Kirk Cousins a deal that Washington has no chance to match. Front load that shit like 60 mil up front in year one and he's theirs.

Trade that #1 pick for a future mega haul and draft the fuck out of some talent. Bam, they are back.

Discuss Thrower
12-24-2017, 04:21 PM
The NFL should do what MLB has done. If a team can't sign a first round pick for the slotted amount then they get roughly the same pick in the next years draft (actually one spot later than that pick).

I don't consider Rosen's decision nearly as bad as either Elway or Manning because he actually has a year of eligibility remaining. IIRC, Elway and Manning had graduated and were simply not going to sign. They've always been two of my least favorite players for that reason.

If the NFL instituted the MLB rule it would take away the power of future Elways/Mannings...

Or the nfl can institute the SNR Protocol and not have one year tank jobs being guaranteed the top pick in any given year.

DaneMcCloud
12-24-2017, 04:23 PM

:facepalm:

chiefzilla1501
12-24-2017, 04:46 PM
The Browns are looking at having around 120 mil in cap space next year.

They need to pass on ruining another young QB and give Kirk Cousins a deal that Washington has no chance to match. Front load that shit like 60 mil up front in year one and he's theirs.

Trade that #1 pick for a future mega haul and draft the **** out of some talent. Bam, they are back.

I disagree. They're sitting on a #1 and #4 pick. If I'm the browns, I'd roll with Alex Smith and develop the hell out of your first round qb. They've passed up on too many franchise draft picks to do it again.

Infidel Goat
12-24-2017, 06:57 PM
Or the nfl can institute the SNR Protocol and not have one year tank jobs being guaranteed the top pick in any given year.

That's fine. Use the NBA draft lottery as well. I'm sold.

Infidel Goat
12-24-2017, 06:59 PM
:facepalm:

:facepalm::lame:

DaneMcCloud
12-24-2017, 07:01 PM
:facepalm::lame:

The idea of creating yet another rule to change the NFL, based on exactly two occurances in the last 43 years, encompassing more than 12,500 players, is fucking stupid.

Sorry, I should have said dumb as fuck.

So there you have it.

Dumb as fuck.

CoMoChief
12-24-2017, 07:05 PM
It's his life. Not ours.

I can't say I really blame him. Can you..honestly?

Playing for the Browns, and living in the shithole that is Cleveland OH, would be a god damn nightmare.

There's a reason why very few "good" prime FA's dont go to cities like DET or CLE. It's where player careers go to die. ESPECIALLY qb's. I don't need to show you the list. And don't give me the "Well John Dorsey..." BULLLLLLLLSHIT. The list doesn't need to be shown here. Qb's are doomed to fail there as soon as their name is called up on the draft day stage and they hold that Browns jersey up.

I see no prob w/ this at all. If I as Rosen I'd simply tell haters to shove it.

BryanBusby
12-24-2017, 07:44 PM
I disagree. They're sitting on a #1 and #4 pick. If I'm the browns, I'd roll with Alex Smith and develop the hell out of your first round qb. They've passed up on too many franchise draft picks to do it again.
Disagree completely.

They have a lot of pieces in place and they really just suffer from terrible coaching and QB play. The Browns will go 0-16 next week and half of the problem will be gone.

Ben likely going to retire after this year, the Ravens are a .500 club and the Bengals are a gigantic question mark.

Installing Kirk Cousins with Gordon, Colema and Njoku as targets behind a decent line and a better RB makes them an overnight contender for the AFC North.

Those poor fucking fans deserve a winner immediately. Not a bunch of horizontal passing.

Rams Fan
12-24-2017, 07:45 PM
I still say trading for Smith makes 0 sense.

Keep Kizer. Let him start until the drafted guy is ready.

Trust The Process.

eDave
12-24-2017, 07:51 PM
Mahomes is going to wish he had pulled the same move.

I kid. I kid.

Red Dawg
12-24-2017, 07:51 PM
Cleveland us suckage. Get a legit coach and it will change. Pony up the coin for a proven winner and picks won't say this. Jackson sucks and is not that guy. Good luck Dorsey. He is climbing a mountain in that town.

eDave
12-24-2017, 07:52 PM
The idea of creating yet another rule to change the NFL, based on exactly two occurances in the last 43 years, encompassing more than 12,500 players, is fucking stupid.

Sorry, I should have said dumb as fuck.

So there you have it.

Dumb as fuck.

When does it become the norm though?

BryanBusby
12-24-2017, 07:54 PM
I liked Kizer in the draft last year, but knew he would be an absolute disaster if the Browns started him at all as a rookie.

That's exactly what the Browns did and Hue made sure his confidence was totally gone. They ruined him and need to let him rebound elsewhere.

chiefzilla1501
12-24-2017, 07:54 PM
Disagree completely.

They have a lot of pieces in place and they really just suffer from terrible coaching and QB play. The Browns will go 0-16 next week and half of the problem will be gone.

Ben likely going to retire after this year, the Ravens are a .500 club and the Bengals are a gigantic question mark.

Installing Kirk Cousins with Gordon, Colema and Njoku as targets behind a decent line and a better RB makes them an overnight contender for the AFC North.

Those poor ****ing fans deserve a winner immediately. Not a bunch of horizontal passing.

If you think you have that many weapons and that you're set for a very long window, would you rather bring in a retread like Kirk Cousins or would you want to use your top 5 pick on a QBOTF? Cousins will want to go somewhere where he's guaranteed a starting job for years because if the browns don't give it to him, somebody will. Alex Smith is a 1-2 year rental until your QBOTF is ready.

Rams Fan
12-24-2017, 07:55 PM
I liked Kizer in the draft last year, but knew he would be an absolute disaster if the Browns started him at all as a rookie.

That's exactly what the Browns did and Hue made sure his confidence was totally gone. They ruined him and need to let him rebound elsewhere.

Honestly, I don't think Kessler or Kizer are garbage.

The Browns are just the Browns and are a flaming trash heap.

If you think you have that many weapons and that you're set for a very long window, would you rather bring in a retread like Kirk Cousins or would you want to use your top 5 pick on a QBOTF? Cousins will want to go somewhere where he's guaranteed a starting job for years because if the browns don't give it to him, somebody will. Alex Smith is a 1-2 year rental until your QBOTF is ready.

You don't do either. You start either Kizer or Kessler until the new guy is ready. Bringing in Smith or someone of his ilk makes absolutely no sense.

chiefzilla1501
12-24-2017, 07:59 PM
I still say trading for Smith makes 0 sense.

Keep Kizer. Let him start until the drafted guy is ready.

Trust The Process.

The best thing the Browns can do is to make one playoff to give the city and the franchise something to be excited about. Alex Smith can deliver that. Kizer can't. You already have a draft prospect declaring he doesn't want to go to Cleveland. How do you think free agents feel? Last year, Jacksonville lost a ton of the free agents they wanted because they thought the franchise was a mess and so they had a ton of unused cap space. Alex Smith can bring stability to the franchise and he can do it right away, all while helping Dorsey smoothly transition to his offensive system and hire a coach that fits what he's used to (which will most likely be West Coast).

Rams Fan
12-24-2017, 08:02 PM
The best thing the Browns can do is to make one playoff to give the city and the franchise something to be excited about. Alex Smith can deliver that. Kizer can't. You already have a draft prospect declaring he doesn't want to go to Cleveland. How do you think free agents feel? Last year, Jacksonville lost a ton of the free agents they wanted because they thought the franchise was a mess and so they had a ton of unused cap space. Alex Smith can bring stability to the franchise and he can do it right away, all while helping Dorsey smoothly transition to his offensive system and hire a coach that fits what he's used to (which will most likely be West Coast).

Money always talks.

While making the playoffs would be nice next season, realistically, showing any signs of progress will likely be enough to make the fanbase excited.

Getting a temporary guy who has no long term plans in being there, even to be a backup, doesn't make sense. Start Kizer or Kessler until the new guy is ready and get rid of the guy who shows he can't play and keep the one who can as the backup.

I don't know if Hue is at fault and I don't know how much of it falls on Sashi Brown and Haslam. But the Browns are in a huge fucking predicament regardless. You can't sell keeping Hue to the fanbase aside from a stability stand point.

BryanBusby
12-24-2017, 08:05 PM

Kessler is bottom tier and Kizer shouldn't see a field for at least one full year, under a good coach.

chiefzilla1501
12-24-2017, 08:07 PM

You don't do either. You start either Kizer or Kessler until the new guy is ready. Bringing in Smith or someone of his ilk makes absolutely no sense.

That would be a disaster. You know how many starting QBs the Browns have had since 2000? 27. That's almost 2 QBs per year. You know how many first rounders they've drafted in that time that have busted spectacularly bad? Four: Couch, Quinn, Weeden, Manziel.

You can't sell Browns fans on another losing season. You can't sell Browns fans on yet another first round pick at QB. Alex Smith can make the franchise respectable immediately which will put a lot less pressure on whomever they draft this year to be a franchise savior. I'm close with many Browns fans. They are ecstatic about getting Alex Smith and they know exactly what he is and his limitations. They just want one good season to feel good about.

The Browns have enough talent that especially with $70-100M in cap space (whatever they have), they can make the playoffs with Alex Smith. Very good offensive line, solid receivers, solid tight end, and an ascending defense under Gregg Williams. Trade for Alex then groom a new QB. The worst possible thing you could do is sell the fans on another year of Kizer. And given that Dorsey has boldly said they'll compete immediately, it doesn't look like he wants to do that either.

Rams Fan
12-24-2017, 08:11 PM
Kessler is bottom tier and Kizer shouldn't see a field for at least one full year, under a good coach.

I think the entire atmosphere just needs to change in Cleveland and I don't know how you easily fix that with losing for the better of now almost 2 decades.

I think there's some talent on that roster, but it isn't as much of an easy fix as say like McVay taking over for Fisher.

chiefzilla1501
12-24-2017, 08:12 PM
Money always talks.

While making the playoffs would be nice next season, realistically, showing any signs of progress will likely be enough to make the fanbase excited.

Getting a temporary guy who has no long term plans in being there, even to be a backup, doesn't make sense. Start Kizer or Kessler until the new guy is ready and get rid of the guy who shows he can't play and keep the one who can as the backup.

I don't know if Hue is at fault and I don't know how much of it falls on Sashi Brown and Haslam. But the Browns are in a huge ****ing predicament regardless. You can't sell keeping Hue to the fanbase aside from a stability stand point.

Jacksonville was trying very hard to burn cap space last year because they had something like $60M in cap space last year. They lose a few free agents
in a bidding war even though Jacksonville was by far the biggest bidder. And that's Jacksonville. Cleveland literally has a reputation that it's a place to go where careers die. I agree Hue is a disaster. The rumor is that Cincy wants to trade for Hue and I'm guessing Dorsey would trade him for a pack of gum if there was a willing taker. That rumor sounds extremely credible because it's exactly the type of move Cincy would make. I doubt Hue makes it past his contract and it wouldn't shock me if the promise to keep him was an empty one. Remember that Clark Hunt pledged his loyalty to Herm after Pioli was hired, and Herm was quickly fired.

pugsnotdrugs19
12-24-2017, 08:12 PM
This is why the Browns could use a guy like Alex Smith, even though I don't expect him to go there. They have no respectability or stability within the organization, and they likely aren't going to get it from any of these rookies.

chiefzilla1501
12-24-2017, 08:16 PM
This is why the Browns could use a guy like Alex Smith, even though I don't expect him to go there. They have no respectability or stability within the organization, and they likely aren't going to get it from any of these rookies.

If they fire Hue, it will be an ideal situation for him. Good offensive line. They'll probably install a WCO he's comfortable with and maybe even a coach he knows extremely well already. He can retire in a year or 2 while collecting a ton of frontloaded cash. And he'll retire a hero if he so much as wins 8 games.

Rams Fan
12-24-2017, 08:17 PM
I agree Hue is a disaster. The rumor is that Cincy wants to trade for Hue and I'm guessing Dorsey would trade him for a pack of gum if there was a willing taker. That rumor sounds extremely credible because it's exactly the type of move Cincy would make. I doubt Hue makes it past his contract and it wouldn't shock me if the promise to keep him was an empty one. Remember that Clark Hunt pledged his loyalty to Herm after Pioli was hired, and Herm was quickly fired.

I just don't know what the right way in dealing with Hue is.

He inherited a mess and is about to post a historically awful season for the second consecutive season.

He needs time, but how can you say the team has improved since he's taken over?

Even if you(general you, not a specific you) like Hue, how the hell can you sell 1-31 to a fan base?

That's what it was like dealing with firing Spags from my view with the Rams. And I liked Spags and actually wanted him to come back for a 4th season.

Chief Pagan
12-24-2017, 08:31 PM
If they fire Hue, it will be an ideal situation for him. Good offensive line. They'll probably install a WCO he's comfortable with and maybe even a coach he knows extremely well already. He can retire in a year or 2 while collecting a ton of frontloaded cash. And he'll retire a hero if he so much as wins 8 games.

I don't see AS as just going to the highest bidder for a few more dollars and I don't think adoration from fans is going to make him excited about an 8 and 8 season.

They may have a bright future, but I don't see it happening quick enough for Smith to be interested.

If I was Smith, I would seriously rather go hold a clipboard for a Superbowl contender and wait for a broken collarbone/torn ACL then go to a crappy team that will might be turning it around about the time you are going to retire for good.

chiefzilla1501
12-24-2017, 08:41 PM

He inherited a mess and is about to post a historically awful season for the second consecutive season.

Even if you(general you, not a specific you) like Hue, how the hell can you sell 1-31 to a fan base?

That's what it was like dealing with firing Spags from my view with the Rams. And I liked Spags and actually wanted him to come back for a 4th season.

He'll be a solid assistant somewhere. But he's not a good coach. From the way he flip flopped on the QB situation to game decisions that were Herm Edwards level bad. The best decision is that if Cincy will trade for him, and that's a very good possibility, do it. It's a move that will make Hue happy and will allow Dorsey to bring in one of his guys. Hue will never be a winning coach but he can deliver to Mike Brown the mediocrity Brown cares about.

chiefzilla1501
12-24-2017, 08:49 PM
I don't see AS as just going to the highest bidder for a few more dollars and I don't think adoration from fans is going to make him excited about an 8 and 8 season.

They may have a bright future, but I don't see it happening quick enough for Smith to be interested.

If I was Smith, I would seriously rather go hold a clipboard for a Superbowl contender and wait for a broken collarbone/torn ACL then go to a crappy team that will might be turning it around about the time you are going to retire for good.

That's asking for a lot of things. A Super Bowl competitor actually looking for a QB, let alone a 1-2 year rental. A team that has the cap space to give him a heavily front-loaded deal. And an offense that runs something he's used to - I'm sure he will want to run WCO, not learn a brand new offense this late in his career.

Their offense has a lot more talent than what Alex Smith walked into in KC. Their offensive line with Joe Thomas is legitimately good. Corey Coleman, Gordon (probably will return), Njoku as TE are good receiving options. Duke Johnson/Crowell are solid RBs and they could easily draft Saquon Barkley. If the Browns get rid of Hue, they could offer him a shitload of money, a good offensive supporting cast that gives good pass protection, and an offense and potentially coaching staff he's comfortable with.

Dorsey could easily build the team like he did in KC. Remember he brought in a ton of 1-2 year rentals to make Alex Smith comfortable. With that kind of cap space, they can plug in any gaps super quick.

BryanBusby
12-24-2017, 09:14 PM

I'll make it simple.

Going 0-16 should be an auto pinkslip, no matter what. You should win at least A game...and that's all he did over 2 years.

Hell even a shitty fuck ass wad Colts squad won 2 without Manning.

Mav
12-25-2017, 05:27 AM
I don’t believe he is Dorsey’s first choice anyway. I believe Mayfield is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trent Green GOAT
12-25-2017, 08:01 AM
Thought about it for a little bit, but I think what the browns are doing is more amazing and harder to do than what KU football is doing. In the nfl if you're shit you get first pick of the litter in the draft, not to mention having free agency. Yet year after year they continue to be shit.

1-31 is absolutely deplorable. Hire me as head coach i got a 50/50 chance of going 1-31.

Trent Green GOAT
12-25-2017, 08:02 AM
I don’t believe he is Dorsey’s first choice anyway. I believe Mayfield is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then Dorsey is a dumbass.

cooper barrett
12-25-2017, 08:17 AM
Mahomes is going to wish he had pulled the same move.

I kid. I kid.

I think PMll got his eyes opened when he stepped in to the NFL. If we get lucky enough to see him play Sun. we will see a much more mature PMll than we've ever saw footage of. I am glad to see how all reports show he is eager to learn, is very coach-able, and catches on very quickly.

I listen to all of you say to have Cleveland take Alex for 2 years while they develop the rookie but you don't have the same felling with Alex11 and PMll here in KC. That makes you "Whiney Little Bitches".

chiefzilla1501
12-25-2017, 08:44 AM
I think PMll got his eyes opened when he stepped in to the NFL. If we get lucky enough to see him play Sun. we will see a much more mature PMll than we've ever saw footage of. I am glad to see how all reports show he is eager to learn, is very coach-able, and catches on very quickly.

I listen to all of you say to have Cleveland take Alex for 2 years while they develop the rookie but you don't have the same felling with Alex11 and PMll here in KC. That makes you "Whiney Little Bitches".

I've never heard a single story that hinted that mahomes was immature. Not sure where that's coming from.

And the reason I think Cleveland is Alex's best landing spot is because Cleveland is building something. They need stability. Kc already has it built. As I've said before, Alex is a great fit for a building team not one contending for a super bowl. I hope I'm wrong this season on that. We will see. It's not nearly the same thing.

Chiefshrink
12-25-2017, 08:59 AM
He's been wishy washy about it. He's been in and out of the starting lineup so many times. Bizarre behavior for a coach. One of many examples of hue being too wishy washy to be a head coach.

Agreed. Jackson is not a head coach. He is peter principled out at the coordinator position and btw so is Vance Joseph of the Donkos. Poor Vance is just soooooo "deer in the headlights" on the sideline with the same post game press conference mantra of "well it was working in practice this week and early on in the game but we just didn't get it done" for the tenth week in a row. :rolleyes: Both these guys are way in over their head BUT the owner of the Browns(Haslin) and Elway have their "yes men" in place so it will be interesting to see how long they stay on.

ChiefAshhole1056
12-25-2017, 09:08 AM
Barkely is going #1 anyways. Rosen will be fine.

chiefzilla1501
12-25-2017, 09:23 AM
Agreed. Jackson is not a head coach. He is peter principled out at the coordinator position and btw so is Vance Joseph of the Donkos. Poor Vance is just soooooo "deer in the headlights" on the sideline with the same post game press conference mantra of "well it was working in practice this week and early on in the game but we just didn't get it done" for the tenth week in a row. :rolleyes: Both these guys are way in over their head BUT the owner of the Browns(Haslin) and Elway have their "yes men" in place so it will be interesting to see how long they stay on.

I think Haslem pledged loyalty to hue in the same way Clark hunt pledged loyalty to herm, and Ballard promised he'd keep Pagano. Don't want the coaches to think they're being scapegoated. I'd be shocked if hue is with the browns by 2019 and if Pagano isn't shit canned this off-season.

cooper barrett
12-25-2017, 09:37 AM
There is talk in IN that the team is playing hard for Pagano and that he may stay on, but I guess the relationship between Ballard and him will probably tip the scales. Bringing in Nagy to be OC with HC job following after 1 year could make Nagy a better fit.

Chiefshrink
12-25-2017, 09:38 AM
I think Haslem pledged loyalty to hue in the same way Clark hunt pledged loyalty to herm, and Ballard promised he'd keep Pagano. Don't want the coaches to think they're being scapegoated. I'd be shocked if hue is with the browns by 2019 and if Pagano isn't shit canned this off-season.

I heard the same thing about Haslem who clearly wanted Manziel while nobody on the previous staff did. Until Haslem gets out of his own way the Browns will be the Browns IMHO.

SAUTO
12-25-2017, 10:20 AM
There is talk in IN that the team is playing hard for Pagano and that he may stay on, but I guess the relationship between Ballard and him will probably tip the scales. Bringing in Nagy to be OC with HC job following after 1 year could make Nagy a better fit.

Nagy isn't leaving an oc job here to be an oc...

dj56dt58
12-25-2017, 10:44 AM
The idea of creating yet another rule to change the NFL, based on exactly two occurances in the last 43 years, encompassing more than 12,500 players, is ****ing stupid.

Sorry, I should have said dumb as ****.

So there you have it.

Dumb as ****.

Kill yourself

Infidel Goat
12-25-2017, 11:52 AM
Ah. Come on, Dane is right.

It's not like those two players won four Super Bowls. They were inconsequential. And it's not like he is commenting on a thread that is speculating about additional players doing the same thing.

And he's right, adding a new rule is much too complex and will result in our taxes taking many more hours to complete...