PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs America's Game: The 2017 Chiefs - Who should be interviewed?

Rain Man
12-26-2017, 08:03 PM
If you haven't seen this series, it's very good (other than the Broncos, Patriots, and Steelers episodes). For every Super Bowl, they've done an hour-long recap of the season, focusing on interviews with three players. For example, the one on the 1969 Chiefs is worth a watch at the bottom of this post.

The three interviewees vary, but there's a general pattern. The most famous player on the team is often interviewed, a fringe or solid mid-tier player is interviewed who's not nationally famous, and then someone who was an interesting player or personality. It's always players and coaches - I don't think they ever have owners or other non-players. The players are generally always well-spoken.

The 1969 Chiefs' interviewees were Len Dawson, Jim Lynch, and Willie Lanier.

So keeping in mind that they want a combination of big names, interesting stories, and different perspectives, I ask the question. When the Chiefs hoist the trophy, who should be the three interviewees?

I would propose that the most likely interviews would be Alex Smith (great story) and Andy Reid (well-known coach), and Marcus Peters. Berry would be an obvious choice other than the injury. My worry, though, is that Alex and Andy would be too polished and wouldn't be willing to share the inside scoop.

I would argue that a more entertaining choice would be Travis Kelce (great interview), Tamba Hali (veteran player on the fringe and the hero of Super Bowl 52), and maybe you keep Peters in there even at the risk of him not taking it seriously as a historical record. I bet that Zombo would have a great perspective as well.

A guy like Buttker would be interesting, but he wouldn't know enough back story. Tyreek or even Charcandrick (as a popular fringe player) could also be interesting.

What do you think?

Oh, and screw superstition. The Chiefs are going to win the Super Bowl.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TOpEJujj8L8" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

NJChiefsFan
12-26-2017, 08:08 PM
CJ Spiller, Zombo, and Harris.

Or Smith, Peters, and DJ.

Chief Northman
12-26-2017, 08:09 PM
Smith, Reid, DJ
Berry if he were healthy

pugsnotdrugs19
12-26-2017, 08:14 PM
Smith, Reid, Kelce. I could see Houston because I think if we were to win the SB, he'd play a big role.

TimBone
12-26-2017, 08:19 PM
Kelce, DJ, and Alex

Jewish Rabbi
12-26-2017, 08:20 PM
Mahomes, Gaines, and Conley.

smithandrew051
12-26-2017, 08:33 PM
Ramik Wilson or Rakeem Nunez Roches

Bewbies
12-26-2017, 08:33 PM
K Hunt.

His first professional carry being a fumble into the season he had makes him a great story..

Easy 6
12-26-2017, 08:35 PM
To stick with the 1969 template of 3 random players winning it this year?

Should Smith win it all, he has to get my nod over Kelce - though it'd be far less entertaining

Sasquatch Jones is always good for an off the cuff, and honest good humored remark - he will also almost certainly be involved in any big win

Finally, Doc Tardiff is not only an outlier in every sense of the word - he is almost certainly our best overall lineman, doc knows how to conduct a physical

Hammock Parties
12-26-2017, 08:49 PM
I would love to hear from Colquitt.

He's seen it all.

KChiefs1
12-26-2017, 08:51 PM
Alex Smith
Travis Kelce
Andy Reid

JoeyChuckles
12-26-2017, 08:52 PM
MVP James Winchester please.

CoMoChief
12-26-2017, 09:59 PM
None other than Philip Gaines

thegame214
12-26-2017, 10:01 PM
Marcus peters with subtitles

Otter
12-26-2017, 10:03 PM
Kelce Berry Smith

All In
12-26-2017, 10:06 PM
None other than Philip Gaines

Sounds good to me.

NJChiefsFan
12-26-2017, 10:09 PM
Chris Jones is pretty hilarious. Might have to think about him as well.

Rain Man
12-26-2017, 10:11 PM
Chris Jones is pretty hilarious. Might have to think about him as well.

That's a good suggestion. I had not thought about him.

You might have to make the choice between him and Kelce, though. They both fill the same interview niche.

CoMoChief
12-26-2017, 10:22 PM

ROFL

no shit

TigeRRUppeRRcut
12-26-2017, 10:28 PM
Smith, Reid, Tyreek or Kelce

Berry if he wasn't injured

ThaVirus
12-26-2017, 10:30 PM

He isn't hard to understand

Ragged Robin
12-26-2017, 10:38 PM
Demetrius Harris, Eric Fisher, and Daniel Sorenson

Buns
12-26-2017, 11:07 PM
This question is hard to answer without knowing who is a key factor in the playoff games leading to the Super Bowl. I would like to see Alex and Andy, but I worry Alex with just ho and hum his way through it, staring at the ground, and Andy will just give bullshit answers. Maybe not.

If I could omit those two, and I can, I would choose Kelce, Hunt, and Peters.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-26-2017, 11:23 PM
Yeah, that will be Mahomes( youngest QB to take the trophy ), a fully restored Berry, and I guess a bone for Reid cuz' he finally did something right.

This will of course not occur until about 1 to 2 years from now.

Glad I could help!

JakeLV
12-27-2017, 12:23 AM
Yeah, that will be Mahomes( youngest QB to take the trophy ), a fully restored Berry, and I guess a bone for Reid cuz' he finally did something right.

Glad I could help!

Sooo... not the 2017 Chiefs at all then?

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-27-2017, 12:40 AM
Sooo... not the 2017 Chiefs at all then?

Correct.

Buns
12-27-2017, 12:46 AM
I guess I'll stop watching all together then!

FUCK THAT

MahiMike
12-27-2017, 07:52 AM
I'm not sure I want to see how illiterate most of these guys are. Rather keep that a mystery.

Rausch
12-27-2017, 08:02 AM

Glad I could help!

Watch Brady and Big Ben both go down and Smith wins a super bowl. LMAO

oldman
12-27-2017, 08:25 AM
I'm sure Smith is a given since he's a QB (I hate freaking QBs!!). DJ is articulate, so he's in. I think the 3rd would have to be Kelce. He may be a dingdong, but dammit, he's OUR dingdong! Throw out Smith and the choice would be LDT. We might need subtitles for that.

Rausch
12-27-2017, 08:29 AM
I'm sure Smith is a given since he's a QB (I hate freaking QBs!!). DJ is articulate, so he's in. I think the 3rd would have to be Kelce. He may be a dingdong, but dammit, he's OUR dingdong! Throw out Smith and the choice would be LDT. We might need subtitles for that.

Hunt was a huge part of our success this year.

I'd also like to hear from Naggy. I'm curious to see what he has to say about play calling after a clear improvement in that area of late...

Hydrae
12-27-2017, 08:31 AM
Even though Berry has been out most of the season I think he could have an interesting perspective of observing from inside but not being a part of it.

I think DJ is a must. His years of experience and being able to then talk about why this team did so much better this season than any of the previous ones.

Need someone from the offense. Hunt giving a rookie perspective could be interesting. Hill could be good. At the very least it would give him the chance to speak and not have to deal with his pre-NFL past. But even with those I would probably have to go with Kelce. He would love the chance to build his brand and he is the most likely Chief to really get national recognition.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-27-2017, 08:21 PM
Watch Brady and Big Ben both go down and Smith wins a super bowl. LMAO

ROFL

Well, the Chiefs DO have somewhat of a history of "backing that ass up" when it comes to the playoffs, so who knows?