PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs De’Anthony Thomas has already had a successful surgery on his broken leg...

T-post Tom
01-01-2018, 01:26 PM
https://arrowheadaddict.com/2018/01/01/black-monday-dave-toub-matt-nagy-coaching-openings-nfl/

De’Anthony Thomas has already had a successful surgery on his broken leg in less than 24 hours after suffering the injury against the Denver Broncos.

Everything went surprisingly well for the Kansas City Chiefs at Mile High Stadium in Week 17, from earning their 10th win of the season with so many starters sitting on the bench to the way Patrick Mahomes looked in his first NFL start. However, among a few injuries was one significant loss with the season-ending injury to De’Anthony Thomas, who broke his leg during the game.

The good news is that Thomas has already undergone successful surgery to repair the fracture and will re-join the team in Kansas City after staying in Denver after Sunday’s game.

Thomas is scheduled to be an unrestricted free agent this coming offseason, so the injury comes at the worst time. The quick surgery will help his recovery timetable, but here’s hoping Thomas can be back and ready to show off his skills to interested teams in free agency without too much delay or complications.

The Chiefs clearly like Thomas in terms of toughness and as a special teams player and return option, but that’s not likely going to equal the kind of payday that Thomas would love to find on the open market. Maybe another team will give Thomas the chance to show off more of what he can do than he found in K.C.

Easy 6
01-01-2018, 01:28 PM
Good to hear that he is ok, now its time for him to go... kthxbye

Renegade
01-01-2018, 01:29 PM
I still don't understand why he fielded that punt. His body was in an awkward position when he caught it, plus his body was still in the same position when he was tackled.

oldman
01-01-2018, 01:34 PM
I still don't understand why he fielded that punt. His body was in an awkward position when he caught it, plus his body was still in the same position when he was tackled.

I think he knows his time with KC is up, so he was probably trying to make an impression on some other team. I don't know how bad that break was but, from experience, you normally don't have surgery unless it's bad.

Easy 6
01-01-2018, 01:36 PM

He has been pulling that crap all year, his instincts are godawful

Rain Man
01-01-2018, 01:38 PM
If you're going to break a leg, Colorado is the place to do it. Skiing has produced strong leadership here in leg injury treatment.

Rain Man
01-01-2018, 01:39 PM

I suspect I wasn't the only one who blurted out, "What the h*** are you doing?" when he caught, even before the broken leg.

RINGLEADER
01-01-2018, 01:40 PM

Don't mean to pile on or anything, but the last thing we needed was DAT fielding kicks in the playoffs. Every return is an adventure with him.

T-post Tom
01-01-2018, 01:41 PM
If you're going to break a leg, Colorado is the place to do it. Skiing has produced strong leadership here in leg injury treatment.

Pretty sure the surgery was done by Chiefs' in-house sports injury guru, Dr. Barnthouse.

Bowser
01-01-2018, 01:42 PM
I suspect I wasn't the only one who blurted out, "What the h*** are you doing?" when he caught, even before the broken leg.

You absolutely were not.

Nickhead
01-01-2018, 01:48 PM
you couldn't hear me screaming from 9000 miles away? i thought i made the earth move :D

dlphg9
01-01-2018, 01:50 PM
"I hope he's ok"

Jay Feely

I'm still in awe at how awful that broadcast team was yesterday.

Renegade
01-01-2018, 01:51 PM

Were you listening to me through my Alexa?

old_geezer
01-01-2018, 02:04 PM

I think my words were more along the lines of "What the **** are you doing, you ****ing moron."

Bob Dole
01-01-2018, 02:05 PM
I think he knows his time with KC is up, so he was probably trying to make an impression on some other team. I don't know how bad that break was but, from experience, you normally don't have surgery unless it's bad.

The way it dangled, it looked like both bones were broken.

Bowser
01-01-2018, 02:05 PM
"LET IT GO INSIDE THE 10 YOU STUPID ASS! OH NOW LOOK AT YOU, YOU GOT YOUR FUCKING LEG BROKE!!! WHAT DID YOU LEARN???"

Chiefshrink
01-01-2018, 02:08 PM

Desire to perform and not using his head. Call it being over zealous to make a play ignoring where he was and the situation at hand. :hmmm:

Chiefshrink
01-01-2018, 02:10 PM
"I hope he's ok"

Jay Feely

I'm not. All the 1st teamers were on vacation and why this happens every year.

Chiefshrink
01-01-2018, 02:12 PM

Exactly.

scho63
01-01-2018, 02:42 PM
I don't hate DAT but he has fielded some of the worst punts this year.

He is Dexter McCluster's clone. We all know how that ended.

See no future here for him.

Ragged Robin
01-01-2018, 03:23 PM
WR depth is running real thin right now.. and no, I don't expect Robison to step up his game after what he showed

FloridaMan88
01-01-2018, 03:39 PM
Everyone who thinks that DAT's time in KC is now finished, remember he somehow has remained on the roster two years after quitting on the team.

DAT, Shit Stain Gaines, No-Hands Harris... these guys hang around no matter how shitty their play is.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
01-01-2018, 03:40 PM
I like Harris and I don't give a fuck. YAC machine. Took shit for liking Wilson too.

T-post Tom
01-01-2018, 03:42 PM
WR depth is running real thin right now.. and no, I don't expect Robison to step up his game after what he showed

Don't count out Gehrig Dieter and Marcus Kemp! :(

Buehler445
01-01-2018, 03:53 PM
Everyone who thinks that DAT's time in KC is now finished, remember he somehow has remained on the roster two years after quitting on the team.

DAT, Shit Stain Gaines, No-Hands Harris... these guys hang around no matter how shitty their play is.

Difference is at this point DAT's contract is up.

srvy
01-01-2018, 04:06 PM
Any word on RNR a backup who actually is productive and adds value to our roster?

Demonpenz
01-01-2018, 04:07 PM
if he heals up I would take him back. You can't coach speed

Direckshun
01-01-2018, 04:10 PM
Any word on RNR a backup who actually is productive and adds value to our roster?

RNR himself tweets that he’s okay, but he hasn’t been very specific.

JakeF
01-01-2018, 04:42 PM
I wish that Justin Houston had undergone surgery that fast instead of waiting weeks.

old_geezer
01-01-2018, 05:24 PM
if he heals up I would take him back. You can't coach speed

Evidently you can't teach when to leave the ball alone either.

Demonpenz
01-01-2018, 05:36 PM
Evidently you can't teach when to leave the ball alone either.

Taub gives the green light on every play to let the playmakers do their thing.

KChiefs1
01-01-2018, 05:39 PM
This could actually work out for the Chiefs.

PutQuinnIn
01-01-2018, 05:42 PM
He's the bargain basement version of Tavon Austin.

BryanBusby
01-01-2018, 05:44 PM
"I hope he's ok"

Jay Feely

That ain't no shit

FloridaMan88
01-01-2018, 05:47 PM
"I hope he's ok"

Jay Feely

A female announcer with a man's voice and a kicker... what could go wrong.

alpha_omega
01-01-2018, 05:48 PM
Get well soon.

srvy
01-01-2018, 07:27 PM
RNR himself tweets that he’s okay, but he hasn’t been very specific.

Thanks

Buehler445
01-01-2018, 07:34 PM
A female announcer with a man's voice and a kicker... what could go wrong.

I thought it was the Jay Feeley that was a back up at Philly? Do I have the wrong Jay Feeley?

BryanBusby
01-01-2018, 07:43 PM
I thought it was the Jay Feeley that was a back up at Philly? Do I have the wrong Jay Feeley?
You're confusing AJ Feeley with Jay Feeley.

GloryDayz
01-01-2018, 08:12 PM

I've said that on most of the returns he attempts that make little sense.