PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs How will CP change with Mahomes starting?

Red Dawg
01-02-2018, 10:07 PM
Can't bitch about QB arm strength. Can't complain the WRs don't get chances, clearly they will. Can't complain the QB isn't trying to win, Mahomes is always trying to get the TD.

It's going to be a board changing year. It will be the stop giving the ball to Hunt and pass every down board.

Simplicity
01-02-2018, 10:11 PM
This forum will cease to exist

wazu
01-02-2018, 10:11 PM
Probably a lot of griping about scoring too fast, and too much. And how at some point winning the Super Bowl every other year makes you appreciate it less, etc.

eDave
01-02-2018, 10:12 PM
Won't change much. Mahomes is raw af so there will be plenty to discuss.

New World Order
Homer caps.

All of us.

The board camaraderie will be the highest since Fat Scott was fired

thegame214
See what the patriots board complains about

Pablo
Won't be much action until the postseason when we're ready to roll every year.

KS Smitty
01-02-2018, 10:13 PM
He's just a quarterback...:)

Chief Northman
01-02-2018, 10:13 PM
See what the patriots board complains about

I like your thinking.

88TG88
01-02-2018, 10:14 PM
What will I have to gripe about after they win the Super Bowl ????

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-02-2018, 10:16 PM
We'll be Gif'd to death by Hammock parties.

ChiefsCountry
01-02-2018, 10:17 PM
See 2014 and 2015 Royals Repository threads for guidance.

Bewbies
01-02-2018, 10:19 PM
It will be nice to have a QB that doesn’t create record breaking seasons for your kicker.

ROYC75
01-02-2018, 10:19 PM
( Poster 1 ) That 2018 schedule looks like it was rigged, rigged I tell ya.

( Poster 2 )Ain't no way we should be playing these teams , it's gotta be rigged, I agree, the freaking NFL is rigged!

( Poster # 3 ) I know it's rigged, we don't play Buffalo!

On and on , and on , etc!

Rams Fan
01-02-2018, 10:20 PM
No one will have anything to bitch about.

Reid will be viewed as a hero.

Clark will be praised.

To add to the stereotype of what a poster on CP looks like, aside from a bald head and goatee and driving a Camaro, a tattoo of Patrick Mahomes will also be apart of the stereotypical look.

Clay will make GIFs every other hour of Mahomes.

Molitoth
01-02-2018, 10:21 PM
Mahomes will be considered a bust due to his hair style.

Oh wait, that is already happening.

Rain Man
01-02-2018, 10:22 PM
Probably a lot of griping about scoring too fast, and too much. And how at some point winning the Super Bowl every other year makes you appreciate it less, etc.

This is how I see it. We'll have lots of discussion about who the backup quarterback should be, and how many draft picks he's worth after watching Mahomes in practice.

FloridaMan88
01-02-2018, 10:24 PM
The Alexsexuals will become even more annoying.

Red Dawg
01-02-2018, 10:26 PM

Scoring to fast? What? Now we bitch about scoring to fast. Oh Lord if that happens.

Rams Fan
There will be piece between the Machines and Humans in 2018.

The Matrix will reboot.

Why Not?
See 2014 and 2015 Royals Repository threads for guidance.

Oh we bitched plenty then. Trust me

stumppy
01-02-2018, 10:27 PM
Same people, same attitudes, same opinions.

I predict words....lots of words will be typed and posted.

eDave
01-02-2018, 10:27 PM
The Alexsexuals will become even more annoying.

There will be comparisons and dick wagging throughout the season for sure.

rockymtnchief
01-02-2018, 10:29 PM
Scoring to fast? What? Now we bitch about scoring to fast. Oh Lord if that happens.

This isn't the arena league-Herm Edwards

In58men
01-02-2018, 10:29 PM
I definitely won’t be here after his first bad game.

The Alex Smith fanboys are too ignorant to understand that a rookie QB gets 2-3 seasons to adapt to the pro level.

I won’t have the energy for that shit.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-02-2018, 10:31 PM

He's not raw. That was a smooth as fuck performance. Dude is a complete natural. I've never been so sure about a player before.

BigCatDaddy
01-02-2018, 10:32 PM
There will be comparisons and <b>dick wagging</b>throughout the season for sure.

You just gave Clay a great idea for his next user name.

ROYC75
01-02-2018, 10:32 PM

The Alex Smith fanboys are too ignorant to understand that a rookie QB gets 2-3 seasons to adapt to the pro level.

No shit!

But think, we have Andy!

Clock management ?

There is always something.

Plus we will still have a shitty defense next year, maybe just a little bit less shittier than this last year!

CrowbarMan
01-02-2018, 10:34 PM

This. Nobody should comment on poor footwork, the weekly sailed passes, interceptions etc for at least a couple of seasons.

Ming the Merciless
it wont

the only thing that will happen is some of the alexsexuals migrate to cleveland or whereever

I do think this will be a time of relative peace and unity here

but relative peace and unity here is probably something like the Bosnian Civil war or possibly present day Iraq so there will still be chaos and bloodshed

eDave

What? From what I hear, we win the Superbowl this year if he starts. Make up your damned minds.

In58men
01-02-2018, 10:37 PM
This. Nobody should comment on poor footwork, the weekly sailed passes, interceptions etc for at least a couple of seasons.

Needs to be flawless his first season, if not we should move on without him.

Buehler445
01-02-2018, 11:01 PM
There will be all manner of bitching about the defense.

So the same less 67 billion posts about Smith.

Eleazar
01-02-2018, 11:09 PM
I would guess it'll become homer central here, at least for a while

BleedingRed
01-02-2018, 11:21 PM
I know if he turns out amazing I will lurk on Orange Mane to roll around in their pitty

TribalElder
01-02-2018, 11:24 PM

Ring designs

mnchiefsguy
01-02-2018, 11:24 PM
No more dumb ass posts from Tigger and the Alex fan club......

BlackOp
01-02-2018, 11:29 PM
Brady/Ben retire...and a traded Alex Smith becomes the best QB in the AFC. He beats Reid in the AFCC..should give people plenty to talk about.

CasselGotPeedOn
01-02-2018, 11:34 PM

It's gonna be a really rough off-season for you buddy.

Rain Man
01-02-2018, 11:34 PM
I would also imagine that as I type, fanciful forest creatures would appear on the screen, visible only in my peripheral vision. Things like nymphs and toucans and flute-playing half-goats.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-02-2018, 11:39 PM
Werthers becomes enemy number one

CoMoChief
01-02-2018, 11:41 PM
I think because FOR ONCE in a generation, my generation, the Chiefs did the impossible and treated the QB position seriously, put their chips on the table and gambled on moving up in the first rd into the top10 to draft what they believe is a legit QBOTF.

I think people are going to give it some time before they start to sound the alarms if he struggles. He's shown flashes of being really good. A few things stand out bigtime. His arm, his want and ability to extend plays, and he's not rattled in the pocket, and that's probably the biggest reason to be excited. He looks like he belongs. He may make some erratic throws at times, but he trusts his ability enough and doesn't think the game's too big for him. He wants to win, he's a competitor and that's what you need in a QB. I think he genuinely wants to be the best and he's willing to put the work in and do what it takes to be successful.

It's going to be fun watching him with work w/ real WR's to throw to, Kelce, Hunt and a good Oline that can hopefully give him some time.

It would suck if Matt Nagy left for a HC gig. Offense has been gelling since he's taken over at playcalling. It'd be nice to have that same continuity throughout OTA/TC heading into next season.

Easy 6
01-02-2018, 11:44 PM
Werthers becomes enemy number one

I must not have been around the day this became Suttons nickname, whats the background on that?

DaneMcCloud
01-02-2018, 11:47 PM
Not at all

cdcox
01-02-2018, 11:48 PM
Everyone will have Animorix's avatar.

BlackOp
01-02-2018, 11:51 PM
Mahomes has that "vibe" to him, much like Brady...that relishes in late comeback situations. He's a baller...

That's my biggest knock on Smith...he comes through in about 25% of his late opportunities. I dont really expect him to pull it out...

Molitoth
01-03-2018, 06:54 AM
The Chiefs will change, because the offense will be fun to watch.

CP will not change, because now the Alex ballwashers will become Mahomes hater trolls and post "I told you so, Alex would have not done that" every time Mahomes does any little thing wrong.

rico
01-03-2018, 07:28 AM
I think the Alexsexuals will be gone...

We will probably spend more time bickering with trolls from other teams because most of us will probably always believe that we should beat the other teams.

One funny thing to think about is how many former Chiefs fans Alex swept from our fan base and turned them into Alexsexuals. I mean, the common Alexsexual did generally used to be 49er fans...and we got quadruple the production from him in KC than San Fran got from him...hey, if he was capable of converting 49er fans to Alexsexuals than he is capable of doing the same things to Chiefs fans... With that said, I can think of 2-3 former members of the Chiefs fan base who seem to have been converted to Alexsexuality...and it is likely that they will follow him to his new team, like the 49er Alexsexual fans did....ROFL Alex Smith of all players...Mr. Boring....why?!?!

But yeah, I expect the Alex talk to vanish about as quickly as the Cassel talk did.

Amnorix
01-03-2018, 07:30 AM

You'd be surprised...

scho63
01-03-2018, 07:58 AM
Can't bitch about QB arm strength. Can't complain the WRs don't get chances, clearly they will. Can't complain the QB isn't trying to win, Mahomes is always trying to get the TD.

It's going to be a board changing year. It will be the stop giving the ball to Hunt and pass every down board.

We can still pass 40 times AND give Hunt the ball 30 times if we score 40 a game!!! :D

tmax63
01-03-2018, 10:08 AM
With the ADHD attention span on this board they will screaming for his head the 1st time he throws 3 picks and loses a game. PMII is likely to be very good/potentially great at a minimum but he didn't do himself any favors Sunday. A solid performance and got his 1st win and 1st 4th qtr game winning drive all at once. Took all expectations from hi to ridiculous around here.

Rausch
01-03-2018, 10:13 AM
With the ADHD attention span on this board they will screaming for his head the 1st time he throws 3 picks and loses a game.

I have ADD and I love me some PM. I like having a legit shot at a QBOTF for once and like the way the offense is primed for a young QB (an offense that can carry/help him until he's got it down.)

PMII is likely to be very good/potentially great at a minimum but he didn't do himself any favors Sunday. A solid performance and got his 1st win and 1st 4th qtr game winning drive all at once. Took all expectations from hi to ridiculous around here.

I think that game was exactly what was needed. He did enough to show the fans he's learned what little he's been given this year, we got to see his talent vs. a solid D, and he made just enough mistakes to keep his confidence and fans' expectations realistic.

I thought last sunday was the perfect outcome...

Sassy Squatch
01-03-2018, 10:16 AM
Role reversal. The ones who currently hate Smith no matter how well he performs will turn around and deflect any criticism of Mahomes, no matter how valid. The ones who praise Smith no matter what (at least the ones that stick around) will spend every moment trying to cut down Mahomes for no reason. So nothing really changes.

ptlyon
01-03-2018, 10:32 AM
PM did just fine with makeshift everything and beat a division rival in their house, no matter how insignificant the game was. He will be just fine. Already not expecting the world next year with the lineup we have in store for us. It will be an interesting year.

No matter how great he will be next year or in the future will matter. There's two positions that will always be criticized by Chiefs fans, QB and place kicker.

Rausch
01-03-2018, 10:41 AM
Role reversal. The ones who currently hate Smith no matter how well he performs will turn around and deflect any criticism of Mahomes, no matter how valid.

Mahomes will be essentially a rookie next year. He's got a few built in excuses. You shouldn't expect a 1st year starter (QB) to play at a probowl level.

If they do, great.

The ones who praise Smith no matter what (at least the ones that stick around) will spend every moment trying to cut down Mahomes for no reason. So nothing really changes.

If Smith is gone it doesn't matter.

It just doesn't...

lcarus
01-03-2018, 10:43 AM
Complain that we draft pick 30/31/32 every year.

Ming the Merciless
01-03-2018, 10:46 AM
Role reversal. The ones who currently hate Smith no matter how well he performs will turn around and deflect any criticism of Mahomes, no matter how valid.

I serously do not think this is true..

Theres REALLY only a very small people who are either 1) total alex ball washers and who refuse logic when presented with the fact that going with PM2 in 2018 is the right thing to do or 2) that going with smith now for this season was the best course of action and criticize him for every tiny thing, and refuse to give kadoos

If you look at it fairly its probably about a handful of posters on each extreme..id say less than 10 on each extreme out of the entire board

The vast majority of people here are pretty reasonable, and somewhere in the middle..its just that the two extreme points of view generate the posts and are the most vocal.

I truly think that if for some reason PM2 is a bust, the vast majority will be pretty reasonable and given enough time ( maybe 2 seasons) will call it correctly.....

Anyone screaming bust after a a few games next year is a moron though....

Rausch
01-03-2018, 10:46 AM
Complain that we draft pick 30/31/32 every year.

I don't care where we pick only who we pick.

Tribal Warfare
01-03-2018, 10:47 AM
CP will revert back to the Vermeil era temperament, not worried about the offense but will be buttfucked pisses if the Defense blows a lead when PMII and crew racks up +28 points.

Sassy Squatch
01-03-2018, 10:47 AM
Mahomes will be essentially a rookie next year. He's got a few built in excuses. You shouldn't expect a 1st year starter (QB) to play at a probowl level.

If they do, great.

If Smith is gone it doesn't matter.

It just doesn't...
Being a rookie doesn't exclude you from criticism. He had 2 bad moments in that game, both of which I've seen people twist every which way trying to dismiss. Certainly hope Reid doesn't have that same mindset.

Tribal Warfare
01-03-2018, 10:49 AM
Being a rookie doesn't exclude you from criticism. He had 2 bad moments in that game, both of which I've seen people twist every which way trying to dismiss. Certainly hope Reid doesn't have that same mindset.

Alex Only Fans have no room or right to criticize Mahomes' play with all things considered.

Hammock Parties
01-03-2018, 10:51 AM
"mahomes isn't getting enough deep passes"

lawrenceRaider
01-03-2018, 10:56 AM

The complaint will be about how Mahomes doesn't value the ball and throws too many INTs.

Rausch
01-03-2018, 10:58 AM

PM was good for a rookie starting his first game.

Not great, not bad, good.

That said I can't think of a young QB in the NFL coming in to a better offense than PM. Even Dak took a huge step back in year 2 without a legit HB and he might have the best O line in the NFL.

If you're PM you love life right now...:)

Hammock Parties
01-03-2018, 11:00 AM
This place has always been a lowkey Andy Reid bashfest so now that he has a QB with seemingly zero physical limitations, he will be on the hotseat.

Veach will get the King Carl treatment if the defense isn't fixed.

Sassy Squatch
01-03-2018, 11:01 AM
PM was good for a rookie starting his first game.

Not great, not bad, good.

That said I can't think of a young QB in the NFL coming in to a better offense than PM. Even Dak took a huge step back in year 2 without a legit HB and he might have the best O line in the NFL.

If you're PM you love life right now...:)
Seeing the main 4 of Kelce, Hill, Hunt, and Mahomes is going to be fucking amazing when its time.

Red Dawg
01-03-2018, 11:10 AM
Why are running backs on the roster? Let Mahomes throw it every down. Why is there a punter on the roster? Never punt with Mahomes.

lcarus
01-03-2018, 11:18 AM
Seeing the main 4 of Kelce, Hill, Hunt, and Mahomes is going to be fucking amazing when its time.

Oh man. Imagine if we got a big tall possession WR to add to it. Jesus. I'm sure they'll look to improve the offensive line as well.

Rausch
01-03-2018, 11:20 AM
Seeing the main 4 of Kelce, Hill, Hunt, and Mahomes is going to be ****ing amazing when its time.

"Two playoff wins in ONE year. IN ONE YEAR..."

Sassy Squatch
01-03-2018, 11:24 AM
Oh man. Imagine if we got a big tall possession WR to add to it. Jesus. I'm sure they'll look to improve the offensive line as well.
Robinson plzplzplz

pugsnotdrugs19
01-03-2018, 11:27 AM
Seeing the main 4 of Kelce, Hill, Hunt, and Mahomes is going to be ****ing amazing when its time.

Potential to be one of the greatest offensive foursomes ever... greatest show on turf potential.

Rausch
01-03-2018, 11:29 AM

Solid point.

Keep in mind that PM got the keys to the golf cart last week, not the car...

TLO
01-03-2018, 11:30 AM

I think the real question will be how the board reacts when Alex Smith is brought back for 2018.

Reerun_KC
01-03-2018, 11:31 AM
I think the real question will be how the board reacts when Alex Smith is brought back for 2018.

You shut your whore mouth before I staple it shut.

Understand?https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180103/81c202c0054b812f34f11d5e9e9f073e.jpg

Sassy Squatch
01-03-2018, 11:33 AM
We would have to at least make it to the Super Bowl for that.

DaNewGuy
01-03-2018, 11:44 AM
The fatty oline lovers will come back, we need them to protect our gunslinger

Rausch
01-03-2018, 11:45 AM
The fatty oline lovers will come back, we need them to protect our gunslinger

Uh, who wouldn't?...

RippedmyFlesh
01-03-2018, 11:47 AM
I think it will be great.
Clay could have a weekly throws pat made that alex couldn't GIFed up.
The alex only fans will try to come off as chief's fans but there will be passive/aggressive snarky remarks about Mahomes. They are doing it already compliments hiding a jab.
The reason I would like to see smith go to a place like cleveland is he can bring order to kaos. Leading a team like that to 9-7 wc round would make him appreciated by those fans. Even alex only fans would have to say short of a sb that would be a nice way to walk off. A team like jax it would be like here close but no cigar a disappointment.

DaNewGuy
01-03-2018, 11:47 AM
Uh, who wouldn't?...

So we need a guy who brings his lunch pail to work

ModSocks
01-03-2018, 11:50 AM
This place has always been a lowkey Andy Reid bashfest so now that he has a QB with seemingly zero physical limitations, he will be on the hotseat.

Veach will get the King Carl treatment if the defense isn't fixed.

Nailed it.

The blame will simply be passed along to someone else when they lose.

Reid will get most of the heat. His coordinators and assistants next, lastly Veach.

When Mahomes goes 32-48, 382 yards, 3 TD's and no Int's, and then get stuffed on the one yard line on a goal to go ftw, Reid will get blamed for not throwing the ball.

I can tell you right now, every stupid little thing that had nothing to do with playcalling or coaching will be blamed on Reid.

Mahomes having a bad game? Reid.

Offense not executing? Reid.

Chiefs didn't win? Reid's playcalling.

Rausch
01-03-2018, 11:52 AM
So we need a guy who brings his lunch pail to work

No, we need to improve the O line.

The rest of the offense is good. We have playmakers everywhere. This isn't rocket surgery...

ModSocks
01-03-2018, 11:52 AM

And when Kelce struggles to get open? Reid's fault.

Oline can't block worth a shit? Reid's fault.

Defense doesn't show up. Reid.

Once Smith is gone Reid will be the golden scapegoat.

Rausch
01-03-2018, 11:56 AM
And when Kelce struggles to get open? Reid's fault.

Kelcee drops his fair share of passes but he's almost always open.

Oline can't block worth a shit? Reid's fault.

Yes, it is.

He has a specific vision for his line and it's been spotty. If there were any big negatives for Big Red it would be abandoning the running game too early and picking guys with TE builds instead of bulldozers.

Defense doesn't show up. Reid.

How would that be on Andy?

Once Smith is gone Reid will be the golden scapegoat.

Once Smith is gone Reid will be a GOLDEN GOD...

DaNewGuy
01-03-2018, 12:02 PM

The rest of the offense is good. We have playmakers everywhere. This isn't rocket surgery...

That's what I'm saying, a guy who has a blue coller work ethic

DaNewGuy
01-03-2018, 12:04 PM
There is for sure a big fatty in the sun belt we could snag

Rausch
01-03-2018, 12:05 PM
That's what I'm saying, a guy who has a blue coller work ethic

I don't care if he wants to kill all Germans and exterminate them from the planet - our O line get's pushed around too much.

All this "athletic, pulling OL" has equated to not being able to man up in short yardage. Even when the HB makes a play the line get's raped...

Sassy Squatch
01-03-2018, 12:07 PM
How about Orlando Brown? 6'8 and the lightest I've seen him at is 345. Just a big nasty.

TLO
01-03-2018, 12:23 PM
We would have to at least make it to the Super Bowl for that.

You think? I wouldn't be surprised either way at this point. I think it's going to require a team offering a pretty sweet trade deal to see Smith shipped off.

Alex has shown enough this year that I'm happy with whichever way they decide to go next season.

Realistically I think Smith needs one hell of a postseason run to stay on, but I don't know that it comes down to Super Bowl or bust.

DaneMcCloud
01-03-2018, 12:26 PM
How about Orlando Brown? 6'8 and the lightest I've seen him at is 345. Just a big nasty.

He's going Top 5

KChiefs1
01-03-2018, 12:34 PM

You weren't around here in 2003 were you?

KChiefs1
01-03-2018, 12:36 PM
More Mahomo's & less Alexsexuals.

aces and eights
01-03-2018, 12:39 PM
On the Tech boards it was coaching, offensive coordinator, receiver drops, streetball, lack of established running game, and wasting his talent, and not playing within the system that was bitched about on offense. The majority of negative comments went to the defense ( the red carpet defense) and special teams deservedly . I imagine CP will follow those lines. I am looking forward to following this team for years to come. Mahomes makes football fun to watch.

Reerun_KC
01-03-2018, 12:44 PM
Nailed it.

The blame will simply be passed along to someone else when they lose.

Reid will get most of the heat. His coordinators and assistants next, lastly Veach.

When Mahomes goes 32-48, 382 yards, 3 TD's and no Int's, and then get stuffed on the one yard line on a goal to go ftw, Reid will get blamed for not throwing the ball.

I can tell you right now, every stupid little thing that had nothing to do with playcalling or coaching will be blamed on Reid.

Mahomes having a bad game? Reid.

Offense not executing? Reid.

Chiefs didn't win? Reid's playcalling.

As it should be.

Rausch
01-03-2018, 12:46 PM

Yeah.

Uh.

No...

Easy 6
01-03-2018, 04:55 PM

THIS

A snot knocking new left guard, and improved depth along the line and at receiver... only 20% of our offseason resources need to be spent on offense

rico
01-03-2018, 05:39 PM

Yeah, I think the Alexsexuals will be extinct from the planet.

threebag
01-03-2018, 06:29 PM
The dumbasses will have about 1/12 the posts. They won't have to follow anyone around who says anything good about Alex Smith

Black Bob
01-03-2018, 06:45 PM
This thread will be in the hall of fame one day. There is potential for fail all over the place.

Frazod
01-03-2018, 06:48 PM
Yeah, I think the Alexsexuals will be extinct from the planet.

Like a dinosaur looking for a fucking tar pit. And good riddance to the lot of them. 4321

rico
01-03-2018, 06:49 PM
Like a dinosaur looking for a ****ing tar pit. And good riddance to the lot of them. 4321

ROFL That's a funny way of putting it.

TigeRRUppeRRcut
01-03-2018, 07:28 PM

Considering what Clark and Schwartz said recently about Smith then looking at the tough road schedule in 2018 this is not a far-fetched idea

Red Dawg
01-03-2018, 07:54 PM
You shut your whore mouth before I staple it shut.

Understand?https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180103/81c202c0054b812f34f11d5e9e9f073e.jpg

What he said. Shut..... your.....whore.
.....mouth!

Rausch
02-01-2018, 09:20 AM

In58men
02-01-2018, 09:32 AM
I’ll actaully have more friends.

All those years of bitching and complaining comes to an end.

Reerun_KC
02-01-2018, 09:34 AM
Considering what Clark and Schwartz said recently about Smith then looking at the tough road schedule in 2018 this is not a far-fetched idea

ROFL. Priceless

JENKINSWINS
02-01-2018, 09:34 AM
It will be nice to have a QB that doesn’t create record breaking seasons for your kicker.

His first game though! ROFL

Rausch
02-01-2018, 09:35 AM
I’ll actaully have more friends.

All those years of bitching and complaining comes to an end.

My mood has improved, I feel more active, and I spend less time washing dishes by hand...

Reerun_KC
02-01-2018, 09:36 AM
People will be excited, traffic will increase. The quality of posters and discussion will increase.

BigBeauford
02-01-2018, 09:38 AM
KC couldnt get Smith out fast enough.
The super bowl hasnt even been played and he gone!

Hammock Parties
It's gonna be real nice to be a homer again.

Looking forward to enjoying the low-stress, high-energy, positive presence that is to come.

Beef Supreme
Everyone better think about going too hard on Andy Reid if he has a down year. If the team moves on from Reid, no guarantee the next coach wants to stick with a QB he didn't draft and may be having some growing pains.

Not that I really think Clark will move on from Reid if he has a bad season. But still.

Red Dawg
02-01-2018, 09:40 AM
KC couldnt get Smith out fast enough.
The super bowl hasnt even been played and he gone!

They did a great job moving fast before anyone can dive into FA and the draft changing their mind. Brilliant timing.

Rausch
02-01-2018, 09:43 AM
Everyone better think about going too hard on Andy Reid if he has a down year. If the team moves on from Reid, no guarantee the next coach wants to stick with a QB he didn't draft and may be having some growing pains.

Not that I really think Clark will move on from Reid if he has a bad season. But still.

I like Clark's idea of compartmentalizing the team.

Andy needs to be the HC. JUST THE HC. He's excellent at that.

He can draw up plays and design the offense but he SHOULD NOT call the plays on game day...

JENKINSWINS
02-01-2018, 09:57 AM
Uh oh, listen to Steve Smith on Mahomes...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/88Wit1p16pI" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Reerun_KC
02-01-2018, 10:01 AM
Trolling threads still?

tooge
02-01-2018, 10:23 AM
He will have a bad game or two. He's young. Several will bitch about how we should have kept Alex for one or two more years to groom him. They will get bashed all season. So, basically, nothing will change.

Red Beans
02-01-2018, 11:05 AM
Uh oh, listen to Steve Smith on Mahomes...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/88Wit1p16pI" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

But can Steve Smith make pancakes? There's the real question.

Don't get me wrong, Steve was an excellent receiver in his day. But I give about as much of a shit about his take on Pat Mahomes as I do about his ability to read from a teleprompter.

To spell it out for you. "N-O, O-N-E, C-A-R-E-S"

JENKINSWINS
02-01-2018, 11:25 AM
But can Steve Smith make pancakes? There's the real question.

Don't get me wrong, Steve was an excellent receiver in his day. But I give about as much of a shit about his take on Pat Mahomes as I do about his ability to read from a teleprompter.

To spell it out for you. "N-O, O-N-E, C-A-R-E-S"

What were you in your day in the NFL?

How can no one care, isn't this thread about how CP will change with Mahomes in? I feel like that video is a glimpse of what it's going to be like.

Reid needs to go to shotgun more!
Why is Mahomes lining up under center so much?
Coaches need to utilize his strengths, blah blah blah!

hitchief
02-01-2018, 11:27 AM
It's gonna be real nice to be a homer again.

Looking forward to enjoying the low-stress, high-energy, positive presence that is to come.

Yeah, nothing quite like rooting for your qb to have a bad game, get hurt or for the team to lose. That's some great homer action right there! What a joke of a board that roots against its own team to validate its opinion of a qb who they never liked.

Even though I was an Alex supporter, I will root for Pat and the team to succeed, just so much more fun to watch football as a fan if you actually root for your own teams success!

thegame214
02-01-2018, 11:29 AM
What were you in your day in the NFL?

How can no one care, isn't this thread about how CP will change with Mahomes in? I feel like that video is a glimpse of what it's going to be like.

Reid needs to go to shotgun more!
Why is Mahomes lining up under center so much?
Coaches need to utilize his strengths, blah blah blah!

Mahomes won in Denver with the defense giving up over 20 points. That's refreshing. We didn't have to rely on a Houston safety and Tyreek Punt Return TD. That's refreshing. Pat won the game with the game on the line and the ball in his hands. That's how things change with Pat

Chiefnj2
02-01-2018, 11:30 AM
How will the board change?

JENKINSWINS will be banned because the Mahomes lovers are thin skinned.

RJ
02-01-2018, 11:30 AM
I predict this will be a frequent post:

"Please, please Mr. Mahomes, it's too much winning!"

Hammock Parties
02-01-2018, 11:32 AM
Yeah, nothing quite like rooting for your qb to have a bad game, get hurt or for the team to lose. That's some great homer action right there! What a joke of a board that roots against its own team to validate its opinion of a qb who they never liked.

Even though I was an Alex supporter, I will root for Pat and the team to succeed, just so much more fun to watch football as a fan if you actually root for your own teams success!

I hope some DC hobos rape you under the Washington monument when you visit our nation's capital to watch Alex lose a game for the Redskins.

Hammock Parties
02-01-2018, 11:32 AM
I predict this will be a frequent post:

"Please, please Mr. Mahomes, it's too much winning!"

http://i.imgur.com/aZZJ05N.gif

JENKINSWINS
02-01-2018, 11:40 AM

https://i.imgur.com/ywQ8lmp.gif

Reerun_KC
02-01-2018, 11:46 AM
How will the board change?

JENKINSWINS will be banned because the Mahomes lovers are thin skinned.

Damn straight. See ya bitches.

Reerun_KC
02-01-2018, 11:52 AM
Hopefully less Smith threads and less trolling by the alex only fans.

We all can hope anyway