PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs If Chiefs are losing going into the 4th quarter, does Reid bring in Mahomes?

markd2000
01-04-2018, 11:12 AM
Hope that's not the case...but would be interesting.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-04-2018, 11:12 AM
Nope. Only way we see him is a spear to Alex.

Pablo
01-04-2018, 11:13 AM
No. We could be down by three scores and he's not pulling the trigger. This is Alex's time to shine. These playoffs are on him.

Prison Bitch
01-04-2018, 11:14 AM
Gonna be a long week here

ptlyon
01-04-2018, 11:15 AM
Insert the GEICO penguin commercial here

NOPE NOPE NOPE

RealSNR
01-04-2018, 11:17 AM
Reid won't put him in the game, no.

Chief Northman
01-04-2018, 11:18 AM
/thread

The Franchise
It's going to take an injury for Smith to be pulled from the game.

bigjosh

two more days.

After that, we have 3 months of speculation until the league year opens and Alex can be traded.

pugsnotdrugs19
01-04-2018, 11:19 AM
Probably not, but it's all circumstantial anyways. If you're down in the 4th quarter, but it's 35-31, then it's probably not on the offense at all to begin with.

If you're losing 10-0.... it's probably time.

Pasta Little Brioni
two more days.

After that, we have 3 months of speculation until the league year opens and Alex can be traded.

Next Saturday night in NE will be our huckleberry

Bewbies
Injury is the only way Mahomes sees the field.

Enjoy our last ride with Alex Smith. He's been so good this could be a super bowl run, and he's been so bad we could lose this week.

You never know, and that'll be exciting.

Eleazar
01-04-2018, 11:22 AM
Other than injury, I think the only way it would happen would be if Smith was horrendous, like it's the end of the 3rd quarter and he's thrown 4 picks and we're down by multiple scores. I could see them doing it if Smith was totally ineffective, just trying to save the season.

I don't really see that happening though, we'll probably roll them.

Hammock Parties
01-04-2018, 11:25 AM
Enjoy our last ride with Alex Smith. He's been so good this could be a super bowl run, and he's been so bad we could lose this week.

You never know, and that'll be exciting.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-woVTUBMDiWs/VAdcwyKE_4I/AAAAAAABD2o/uqK2ATJWjTk/w530-h530-n/G_QUOTE_9-3.jpg

ChiefsCountry
01-04-2018, 11:28 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bEJaNbeMjy8" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

hitchief
01-04-2018, 11:34 AM
Amazing that loser fans in here are wanting Alex/Chiefs to fail to look forward to the offseason trades and the Patrick era.

Can we please wait for the playoffs to play out and root for the team to win? Isnt that what being a fan of a team is all about? There is going to be plenty of time to get excited about Pat and the offseason.

There is never any guarantee in life and wanting your team to lose is stupid since you don't know if and or when your gonna get back. This fan base is downright stupid and the self pity is sickening.

Hammock Parties
01-04-2018, 11:37 AM
Amazing that loser fans in here are wanting Alex/Chiefs to fail to look forward to the offseason trades and the Patrick era.

Can we please wait for the playoffs to play out and root for the team to win? Isnt that what being a fan of a team is all about? There is going to be plenty of time to get excited about Pat and the offseason.

There is never any guarantee in life and wanting your team to lose is stupid since you don't know if and or when your gonna get back. This fan base is downright stupid and the self pity is sickening.

Mile High Mania
Few will admit it, but I would wager that half of you guys would be more comfortable with a loss this week that sees Mahommes take over in the second half, look good and still lose... rather than Alex win and then lose next week.

ChiefsCountry

Another Alex Testicle Taster.

In58men
01-04-2018, 11:39 AM
Few will admit it, but I would wager that half of you guys would be more comfortable with a loss this week that sees Mahommes take over in the second half, look good and still lose... rather than Alex win and then lose next week.

I’m that guy.

Rain Man
01-04-2018, 11:39 AM

Yes, this. I'm 100 percent behind Alex and the Chiefs, and I want them to dominate. Next year is completely out of my consciousness at the moment as I prepare my Dr. Pepper and pizza meal for the playoffs.

Iowanian
01-04-2018, 11:40 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bEJaNbeMjy8" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Interestingly, I was going to make a joke about Mahomes throwing the spear for the night king.

threebag
01-04-2018, 11:41 AM
Yes, this. I'm 100 percent behind Alex and the Chiefs, and I want them to dominate. Next year is completely out of my consciousness at the moment as I prepare my Dr. Pepper and pizza meal for the playoffs.

Should go for a Mr. Pibb

Rain Man
01-04-2018, 11:42 AM
Should go for a Mr. Pibb

It really is my favorite. But my store doesn't carry it.

ChiefsCountry
Interestingly, I was going to make a joke about Mahomes throwing the spear for the night king.

Clay get to work on this.

ptlyon

I would be comfortable with signing you for a one game deal and taking the helm and if you win, you win. Makes no difference on the next week's outcome, which will be inevitable.

Rain Man
01-04-2018, 11:46 AM

You can kill a dragon with a javelin? And why did it blow up? Do dragons have gas tanks?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/29/cd/a6/29cda68e4097313263c7cafc4aca63dd.png

temper11

I suspect the folks you're talking about here would rather Alex validate their hatred of him than Chiefs post-season success. In their mind, they've already won the next 5 super bowls with Mahomes, so why root for a Smith-led team Chiefs team now?

chiefzilla1501

If the loss was the result of Alex either not beating zone blitz or winning by the typical game management stuff, then yes. I'll take a sloppy path to a Super Bowl win. But I will not settle for winning a game or two due to a false positive at QB.

I'll be rooting for him to look good on Saturday. And to look good against New England and Pittsburgh, which is our likely path. But I'm raising a very high standard that goes way beyond managing a win. I'm actually glad this is the path we have because it's now or never to find out for sure.

Quesadilla Joe
01-04-2018, 11:47 AM
It depends on if the Titans have their backups in the game.

Dayze
01-04-2018, 11:47 AM
no way.

If the Chiefs lose, be it in a spectacular fashion or somewhat close, but put in Pat at some point - I don't want to hear the Alex nut huggers say something retarded like
"yeah, Andy put in Pat and he scored a TD or two, so we only lost by 7. Alex set up Pat for success"!

Because, we all know that's what they'd say and be clamoring for us to keep Alex in '18.

This is Alex's ship; if we lose and he has some below average play.....there needs to be zero doubt.

BigCatDaddy
01-04-2018, 11:49 AM
The folks you're talking about here would rather Alex validate their hatred of him than Chiefs post-season success. In their mind, they've already won the next 5 super bowls with Mahomes, so why root for a Smith-led team Chiefs team now?

They are a big favorite this week against a mediocre Titans team. A loss would be a huge fail on the part of Shitty.

Rain Man
01-04-2018, 11:52 AM
I'm not even going to entertain the possibility of not winning. None of us should. This is the playoffs, and any team that gets hot can win the whole thing. I decree that the Chiefs are that team.

threebag
01-04-2018, 11:56 AM
I couldn't imagine being so butt hurt about 1 player when the 1 player is tops in the league.

From the threads you'd think Philip Gaines had a better season than Alex Smith

Chiefs/Clown/Clay/Planet has become a joke. Well done Alex

Best part is it's the same bunch week after week LMAO

Mile High Mania
01-04-2018, 11:58 AM
Unfortunately for him, Alex has to play a perfect game and get out to a huge lead... if they struggle early or once he has a turnover or one dumb play, the crowd will rip him.

Red Dawg
01-04-2018, 11:58 AM
He should have played Mahomes since November. But no, he won't play him most likely no matter what.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-04-2018, 12:00 PM
It depends on if the Titans have their backups in the game.

Dumb fuck

Hammock Parties
01-04-2018, 12:03 PM
Clay get to work on this.

Alex Smith is no dragon.

Chiefnj2
01-04-2018, 12:03 PM
Reid has gone on record saying that at the first incomplete pass he will pull Smith for Mahomes. The first run for less than 4 yards and Hunt will get benched. If Kelce or Hill drop a pass, it will be all backups.

ChiefsCountry
01-04-2018, 12:05 PM
Alex Smith is no dragon.

Is this better?
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/n-2NdVYOf34" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

bigjosh
01-04-2018, 12:10 PM

I know, you must be so much better as a fan. Fan superiority. Im glad we have unwavering supporters like you to shit on other fans that are fed up with the teams one and done mentality.

BlackHelicopters
01-04-2018, 12:15 PM
No.

Lzen
01-04-2018, 12:17 PM

I want the Chiefs to win no matter who is playing. That being said, I don't have a lot of faith in Alex. I sincerely hope he proves me wrong.

stumppy
01-04-2018, 12:18 PM
I don't care who is QB'ing. I want to see a win. That's it , just win.

threebag
01-04-2018, 12:20 PM
I don't care who is QB'ing. I want to see a win. That's it , just win.

This is what it's all about :thumb:

Lzen
01-04-2018, 12:23 PM

Why can't we do both? Why can't we root for Alex and the Chiefs in this year's playoffs while simultaneously discussing the offseason and the future of the team with Mahommes?

IowaHawkeyeChief
01-04-2018, 12:28 PM
Most on here should want Alex to play great in the playoffs. Mahommes will be the starter next year. If Alex plays well we will get much more for him in a trade, especially if he has a couple of good playoff games.

However, all bets are off the table if Alex plays awesome and we go to the Super Bowl. If so, I cant see many complaining about that after 47 years...and he most likely would be the QB next year. A big if...

temper11
01-04-2018, 12:39 PM
They are a big favorite this week against a mediocre Titans team. A loss would be a huge fail on the part of Smith and the Chiefs.

FYP and I agree. Still odd that there are Chiefs fans that actually want this scenario to come to pass. Although, I'm constantly told that you have to be a life long Chiefs fan to understand this kind of stuff - or something.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-04-2018, 12:42 PM
Bray has a bigger arm. i think he'll put in Bray.

temper11
01-04-2018, 12:44 PM
Unfortunately for him, Alex has to play a perfect game and get out to a huge lead... if they struggle early or once he has a turnover or one dumb play, the crowd will rip him.

This.... but it's pretty much been like this for years for Smith. He gets ripped even in winning efforts in which he played good, but not great. Smith has to play perfectly to be seen as having contributed at all to the win this week - and still the threads next week will be full of "if Mahomes would have played, we'd have won by 'x' instead of 'x'".

Nothing to new here.

Dierdorf72
01-04-2018, 12:45 PM

:clap:

ModSocks
I'm not even going to entertain the possibility of not winning. None of us should. This is the playoffs, and any team that gets hot can win the whole thing. I decree that the Chiefs are that team.

Amen.

IDGAF who's quarterbacking, or how they win. Fat Andy can be out there chuckin' the ball for all i care. I just want them to win and get to (and win) and SB.

"Oh but Detoxing, it's mirage and they'll NEVER beat the patriots or steelers or blah blah fucking blah"

- Zero fucks given. That kind of thinking is for pussies. Loser mentality.

Ming the Merciless
Probably not, but it's all circumstantial anyways. If you're down in the 4th quarter, but it's 35-31, then it's probably not on the offense at all to begin with.

If you're losing 10-0.... it's probably time.

this

the only way we see him is if the game is completely out of his reach or if he gets injured...

either way we're fucked pretty hard

Iowanian
It's just dumb to think anyone but Smith is playing short of injury.

What I hope is the Chiefs win and win and then win......and that Alex Smith looks good enough that some team wants to way overpay for his services in the form of draft picks to the Chiefs.

Dierdorf72
01-04-2018, 12:47 PM

..and that has fuck all to do with what he said.

temper11
01-04-2018, 12:48 PM

temper11
01-04-2018, 12:50 PM

What I hope is the Chiefs win and win and then win......and that Alex Smith looks good enough that some team wants to way overpay for his services in the form of draft picks to the Chiefs.

Best possible scenario for the Chiefs.

ChiefsCountry
01-04-2018, 12:51 PM

Go back to the 49ers then loser.

Hammock Parties
01-04-2018, 12:55 PM

Actually it has EVERYTHING to do with what he said.

Ming the Merciless
01-04-2018, 12:58 PM
Amazing that loser fans in here are wanting Alex/Chiefs to fail

lets not pretend that this applies to more than about 5 people....

the vast majority of those here are not WANTING the Chiefs or Alex to fail

I don't believe in Smith. I don't want him to fail...but I don't believe he will get us to a championship. Theres a huge difference and those of you who pretend that there is this huge population of CP members rooting for the Chiefs to fail are just as bad as those who actually root for us to fail.

Lzen
01-04-2018, 12:58 PM
..and that has **** all to do with what he said.

Pretty sure that he was making the assumption that hitchief is yet another Alex Smith fan who followed him over here when the Chiefs got him in 2013. You're excused for not knowing that since you're a n00b, but it really is a thing.

Lzen
01-04-2018, 12:59 PM

I don't believe in Smith. I don't want him to fail...but I don't believe he will get us to a championship. Theres a huge difference and those of you who pretend that there is this huge population of CP members rooting for the Chiefs to fail are just as bad as those who actually root for us to fail.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

bigjosh
01-04-2018, 01:06 PM

That was the time of a terrible migration.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-04-2018, 01:13 PM
Amen.

IDGAF who's quarterbacking, or how they win. Fat Andy can be out there chuckin' the ball for all i care. I just want them to win and get to (and win) and SB.

"Oh but Detoxing, it's mirage and they'll NEVER beat the patriots or steelers or blah blah fucking blah"

This board is full of cucks

NJChiefsFan
01-04-2018, 01:22 PM

I agree. I think it's silly that people think the Chiefs need to lose to create some great revolution.

This isn't Save Our Chiefs. We don't have morons in the front office and at the coaching positions. All reports say the Chiefs LOVE Mahomes. Even more proof, not even needed, was given in the Broncos game. Add on to that how much the Chiefs need cap space and draft capital.

The Chiefs don't need to fail with Alex for the franchise to know Mahomes is the future. Rooting against them now is silly and throwing away what could be at least a little joy out of this season.

The argument that they are giving up a little joy now for a lot later is also completely wrong. I will enjoy rooting for KC this weekend and potentially longer and then I will still enjoy getting to see Mahomes take over.

Ming the Merciless
01-04-2018, 01:26 PM
The argument that they are giving up a little joy now for a lot later is also completely wrong. I will enjoy rooting for KC this weekend and potentially longer and then I will still enjoy getting to see Mahomes take over.

This. ALL of THIS.

We can have BOTH, everyone.... It is what the **** it IS. We can enjoy this and STILL realize that ...guess what..our team is getting better....

No other position would cause this much butthurt...If we suddenly found ourselves with another badass WR , there wouldnt have to be a fracture of our population and practically a civil war.....

Smith has had a great season! But guess what , Mahomes ceiling is better....and more...Does that mean we can't enjoy this season..? NO...Do we have to contain or hide our excitement about mahomes? Hell no.

We can enjoy both. We can feel lucky we have the options we do. I mean unless youre a simple minded idiot.....We will probably win a playoff game at arrowhead. THAT IS ****ING awesome. We have a bad ass QBOTF for next year. That. is . also. AWESOME..

both of the things

Dartgod
01-04-2018, 01:29 PM
That was the time of a terrible migraine.

FYP

IowaHawkeyeChief
01-04-2018, 01:38 PM
Amen.

"Oh but Detoxing, it's mirage and they'll NEVER beat the patriots or steelers or blah blah ****ing blah"

- Zero ****s given. That kind of thinking is for pussies. Loser mentality.

^this^ :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Demonpenz
01-04-2018, 01:44 PM
Most fans will turn on Mahomes when they find out his dad is black and his mom is white.

A8bil
01-04-2018, 01:45 PM
Other than injury, I think the only way it would happen would be if Smith was horrendous, like it's the end of the 3rd quarter and he's thrown 4 picks and we're down by multiple scores. I could see them doing it if Smith was totally ineffective, just trying to save the season.

I don't really see that happening though, we'll probably roll them. I approve of this post.

Dartgod
01-04-2018, 01:48 PM
Amen.

Damn right!

temper11
01-04-2018, 01:54 PM
I agree. I think it's silly that people think the Chiefs need to lose to create some great revolution.

This isn't Save Our Chiefs. We don't have morons in the front office and at the coaching positions. All reports say the Chiefs LOVE Mahomes. Even more proof, not even needed, was given in the Broncos game. Add on to that how much the Chiefs need cap space and draft capital.

The Chiefs don't need to fail with Alex for the franchise to know Mahomes is the future. Rooting against them now is silly and throwing away what could be at least a little joy out of this season.

Chief Northman
Most fans will turn on Mahomes when they find out his dad is black and his mom is white.
:shake:

temper11
This. ALL of THIS.

We can have BOTH, everyone.... It is what the **** it IS. We can enjoy this and STILL realize that ...guess what..our team is getting better....

No other position would cause this much butthurt...If we suddenly found ourselves with another badass WR , there wouldnt have to be a fracture of our population and practically a civil war.....

Smith has had a great season! But guess what , Mahomes ceiling is better....and more...Does that mean we can't enjoy this season..? NO...Do we have to contain or hide our excitement about mahomes? Hell no.

We can enjoy both. We can feel lucky we have the options we do. I mean unless youre a simple minded idiot.....We will probably win a playoff game at arrowhead. THAT IS ****ING awesome. We have a bad ass QBOTF for next year. That. is . also. AWESOME..

both of the things

Chief Northman
01-04-2018, 01:57 PM
The rhetoric in here is fitting for the DC.

Everyone knows another failed playoff run will have more to do with Buttons and that soft, slow secondary along with a lack of a competent pass rush.

But y’know, piling on and stuff....

R8RFAN
01-04-2018, 02:00 PM
Alex gives your best chance to win this year

BigRedChief
01-04-2018, 02:01 PM

What I hope is the Chiefs win and win and then win......and that Alex Smith looks good enough that some team wants to way overpay for his services in the form of draft picks to the Chiefs.agreed. :thumb:

BigRedChief
01-04-2018, 02:05 PM
This. ALL of THIS.

both of the thingsSome people on here should embrace this view. It's not an either or situation.

Gravedigger
01-04-2018, 02:08 PM
If we're down by 14 points or more I could see it. Not in this game because I think we won't be down by 14 points to the Titans, but against New England or Pittsburgh I could. Knowing Andy he'll throw in Mahomes with 5 minutes to go down two scores and expect him to win the game for us. If he does, then the legend has begun. I'm ready for the Playoffs, it should be a fun journey.

Mile High Mania
01-04-2018, 02:13 PM
This.... but it's pretty much been like this for years for Smith. He gets ripped even in winning efforts in which he played good, but not great. Smith has to play perfectly to be seen as having contributed at all to the win this week - and still the threads next week will be full of "if Mahomes would have played, we'd have won by 'x' instead of 'x'".

Nothing to new here.

Alex is Alex, but he gets a raw deal... hell, Denver fans weren't even this terrible to Jake Plummer in the end.

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/slides/photos/003/397/565/jake2e_display_image_crop_exact.jpg?w=340&h=234&q=85

Frazod
01-04-2018, 02:16 PM

Sometimes I forget what a fucking retard you are. Thanks for reminding me.

Hammock Parties
01-04-2018, 02:18 PM
Alex is Alex, but he gets a raw deal... hell, Denver fans weren't even this terrible to Jake Plummer in the end.

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/slides/photos/003/397/565/jake2e_display_image_crop_exact.jpg?w=340&h=234&q=85

That's because the Donko franchise hadn't hoodwinked half the KC metro into paying to watch game managers for 20 years.

It was easy to tolerate it the first time...if you guys ran through a few more Jake Plummers, gave a couple of them $70 mil, you might see it a lot differently.

oldman
01-04-2018, 02:19 PM
This. ALL of THIS.

both of the things

Indeed. The bottom line is we all know PM2 is our guy going forward. If we lose to the Titans, NE, Pittsburgh, or a team from Mars, it'll be because the D or ST let them score more points than Smith put up. More than likely it was more than PM2 could, too. So sit back, crack open your beverage of choice, eat some nachos, and enjoy the ride.

NJChiefsFan
01-04-2018, 02:31 PM
The rhetoric in here is fitting for the DC.

Everyone knows another failed playoff run will have more to do with Buttons and that soft, slow secondary along with a lack of a competent pass rush.

But y’know, piling on and stuff....

Pass rush and a CB need to be the priorities of the offseason.

Chief Northman
01-04-2018, 02:44 PM

I would add safety to the list. Parker and Sorenson fell off a cliff this season. I love Berry, but we need him on the field. Insurance for him along with adding some speed and physicality to the back end is needed desperately.

NJChiefsFan
01-04-2018, 02:46 PM
I would add safety to the list. Parker and Sorenson fell off a cliff this season. I love Berry, but we need him on the field. Insurance for him along with adding some speed and physicality to the back end is needed desperately.

I would agree. I could see us getting by though with Berry and Parker, even if it's not amazing. I don't see how we can get by next year without an upgrade at pass rush, although Kpass is starting to show something. Same thing with corner.

TwistedChief
01-04-2018, 03:07 PM
Should we merge this thread with the one about taking Smith out and replacing him with Mahomes at the end of the 1st quarter, the one mid-way through the 2nd quarter, the one at halftime, and the one in triple OT? We definitely need more "what if" Mahomes threads as we've yet to explore and discuss every possible iteration. :facepalm:

ARROW2
01-04-2018, 03:36 PM
Indeed. The bottom line is we all know PM2 is our guy going forward. If we lose to the Titans, NE, Pittsburgh, or a team from Mars, it'll be because the D or ST let them score more points than Smith put up. More than likely it was more than PM2 could, too. So sit back, crack open your beverage of choice, eat some nachos, and enjoy the ride.

I vehemently disagree.

Pablo
01-04-2018, 03:38 PM
I think it's probably the right call to bring Pat in if Alex doesn't throw a 50+ yard TD on his first attempt. Give him a chance to prove himself, but he has to have a short leash.

IowaHawkeyeChief
01-04-2018, 03:48 PM

We also need a fast tough linebacker, like Shazier, before his injury, or DJ in his youth.

jaa1025
01-04-2018, 03:53 PM
It depends on how much IMO. If they are getting destroyed then yes. If it's close and they are losing then I don't see it unless Alex has 100 yards, 2 INTS and nothing but 3 and outs.

eDave
01-04-2018, 03:56 PM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/800/447/db2.gif

RunKC
01-04-2018, 04:19 PM
That's because the Donko franchise hadn't hoodwinked half the KC metro into paying to watch game managers for 20 years.

It was easy to tolerate it the first time...if you guys ran through a few more Jake Plummers, gave a couple of them $70 mil, you might see it a lot differently.

If our retreads (not counting Joe) took us to an AFCCG, at home no less, it wouldn’t be as bad as it has become.

ptlyon
01-04-2018, 04:22 PM
ROFL

scho63
01-04-2018, 05:20 PM

A week?

I'm seeing 48 hours! :hmmm:

Black Bob
01-04-2018, 05:25 PM
Bringing in Mahomes in the fourth quarter makes no sense. Arguably the best DC of all time, Dick Lebeau, would eat his lunch. Asking him to read a zone blitz 3-4 defense is too much without Lebeau..

threebag
01-04-2018, 05:54 PM
I think it's probably the right call to bring Pat in if Alex doesn't throw a 50+ yard TD on his first attempt. Give him a chance to prove himself, but he has to have a short leash.

#1 in completions of 30+ yards this season

Alex "Deep Ball" Smith

BigCatDaddy
01-04-2018, 05:58 PM
This is really a no lose situation. If the Chiefs win we move on in the playoffs, if the Chiefs lose I never have to see Shitty in a Chiefs uniform again.

TwistedChief
01-04-2018, 06:16 PM

Yes, and this year Alex Smith has been a clear game manager. Come on. Use this argument every other year and I’m fine with it. But now? After the overall success he’s had this season being far more aggressive? Come on, Clay. Give him a dash, an ounce, a dollop of credit for this season in isolation.

I went back last week and re-watched the Indy, NE, and Pittsburgh playoff losses, and he looks a million times more like a real QB this year.

Hammock Parties
01-04-2018, 06:21 PM
Yes, and this year Alex Smith has been a clear game manager. Come on.

Too little too late.

Plus he's reverted in a handful of key games.

You can't wash that stink off.

Black Bob
01-04-2018, 06:22 PM
This is really a no lose situation. If the Chiefs win we move on in the playoffs, if the Chiefs lose I never have to see Shitty in a Chiefs uniform again.

Speculation. If you don't expect too much, you will not be let down. Some of you may be sorely disapppinted.

King_Chief_Fan
01-04-2018, 06:38 PM
Bringing in Mahomes in the fourth quarter makes no sense. Arguably the best DC of all time, Dick Lebeau, would eat his lunch. Asking him to read a zone blitz 3-4 defense is too much without Lebeau..

Good way to get Patty killed
This kid ain't close to ready for this big of stage.

BigCatDaddy
01-04-2018, 06:48 PM
Speculation. If you don't expect too much, you will not be let down. Some of you may be sorely disapppinted.

Yes.. Tigger, Sandy, and Teabag.

Reerun_KC
01-04-2018, 07:19 PM
Good way to get Patty killed

This kid ain't close to ready for this big of stage.

Either is Alex. Your point?

cooper barrett
01-04-2018, 07:21 PM
If you don't expect too much, you will not be let down. Some of you may be sorely disapppinted.

Great advice to Clay's dates...

Personally, I'm not really excited about this game. I'll watch but it's kinda like the means to the end.

okcchief
01-04-2018, 07:41 PM
This is Smith’s year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gblowfish
01-04-2018, 07:42 PM
Only way Mahomes gets in is if Witzmann goes all I-70 on a pass rush and Alex gets smacked up. That't the only way. It's not out of the realm of possibility. If I was Tenn, my strategy would be to get Hunt and Alex out of the game if at all possible.

Chiefshrink
01-04-2018, 08:55 PM
Only way Mahomes gets in is if Witzmann goes all I-70 on a pass rush and Alex gets smacked up. That't the only way. It's not out of the realm of possibility. If I was Tenn, my strategy would be to get Hunt and Alex out of the game if at all possible.

Tenn willl play us just like Pitt and force Alex to beat them. Drop back in zone and force Alex to throw into tight windows downfield IF he chooses to do so. We will have a hard time running the ball on them IMHO.

baitism
01-04-2018, 09:00 PM
https://twitter.com/ESPNNFL/status/949015124328833024/photo/1

Lol. Good job ESPN.

splatbass
01-04-2018, 09:22 PM
If the loss was the result of Alex either not beating zone blitz or winning by the typical game management stuff, then yes. I'll take a sloppy path to a Super Bowl win. But I will not settle for winning a game or two due to a false positive at QB.

So you're a fan with conditions for your fandom? Does that really make you a fan?

splatbass
01-04-2018, 09:28 PM
However, all bets are off the table if Alex plays awesome and we go to the Super Bowl. If so, I cant see many complaining about that after 47 years...and he most likely would be the QB next year. A big if...

I see Clay bitching about it. One post per week of complaining about it. ;)

Hammock Parties
01-04-2018, 09:52 PM
I see Clay bitching about it. One post per week of complaining about it. ;)

You're a dumb fucking homer.

RINGLEADER
01-04-2018, 11:06 PM
I can only see this happening if a) Alex gets hurt or b) we're down 3+ scores at halftime.

kjwood75nro
01-04-2018, 11:16 PM
Ok.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180105/48ec5e03c91d36b74d99bb7125f835df.gif

NJChiefsFan
01-04-2018, 11:26 PM

Lol. Good job ESPN.

LOL. The responses are freaking hilarious. Love the one about the other 3 teams.

NJChiefsFan
01-04-2018, 11:26 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Let the NFL playoffs begin. <a href="https://t.co/QKOlPvcPNc">pic.twitter.com/QKOlPvcPNc</a></p>&mdash; NFL on ESPN (@ESPNNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNNFL/status/949015124328833024?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 4, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"> <a href="https://t.co/1f02FUOjR8">pic.twitter.com/1f02FUOjR8</a></p>&mdash; D-Hill (@YouGotChiefed92) <a href="https://twitter.com/YouGotChiefed92/status/949019520974381057?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 4, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">To be fair, they are showing 3 other backups as well</p>&mdash; Jimmy Goatroppolo (@TheMMQBL) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheMMQBL/status/949097673596030976?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 5, 2018</a></blockquote>

TribalElder
01-05-2018, 01:38 AM
I would hope so if Alex isn't effective

But I doubt it

Pointer19
01-05-2018, 02:35 AM

If they pull a Suh on either one of them.. :fire:

Pushead2
01-05-2018, 03:59 AM
I have a feeling Smith gets hurt somehow and Mahomes coming in.

Not wishing anything on anyone, but I've had this feeling.

rico
01-05-2018, 07:24 AM

Lol. Good job ESPN.

ROFL Holy shit... national media is wanting to see Mahomes.

chiefzilla1501
01-05-2018, 08:05 AM
So you're a fan with conditions for your fandom? Does that really make you a fan?

I am rooting for the Chiefs to win. And if we do it with this playoff path, then Alex deserves a ton of credit. That doesn't mean I can't be skeptical he can deliver or that i should not be critical of a performance after the fact. I think we'll take care of business against Tennessee. But that we will revert to our old game managing offense against Pittsburgh and New England. I hope I'm wrong.

markd2000
01-05-2018, 02:46 PM
A better scenario is that the Chiefs are so far ahead of the Titans in the 4th quarter, that Reid puts in Mahomes to protect Alex and give Mahomes playoff experience! One can only hope.

Reerun_KC
01-05-2018, 02:48 PM
I would hope so if Alex isn't effective

But I doubt it

If Alexander is going full Alexsexuals, let him fucking burn and take the team down with him.

No way should we bring Mahomes in to bail out Smith.

ChiefsCountry
01-05-2018, 02:50 PM

That would be the 2014 Royals wild card type win type moment, where you know the Chiefs are headed to the Super Bowl.

King_Chief_Fan
01-05-2018, 02:50 PM

And in the process Mahomes get beat up real good, so good tbe Chiefs decide to hang on to Smith one more year

jaa1025
01-05-2018, 02:58 PM
It would be wrong on so many levels to start Mahomes in place of Alex and it won't happen with Reid or any HC in this situation.

That being said, after seeing the game Sunday and then reading this and seeing some of those highlights again (feel a lot better about the deep throw on the final drive...under throw not bad decision for example), I truly believe that Mahomes gives the Chiefs a much better chance at winning a SB THIS YEAR. He is ready to star in this league.

Best22
01-05-2018, 03:07 PM
And in the process Mahomes get beat up real good, so good tbe Chiefs decide to hang on to Smith one more year

Why would we keep Smith just because Mahomes gets beat up? These guys aren't delicate

Mahomes is strong and can take a hit. He's bigger than Smith. Why do people act like he's a princess that has to be protected?

CrowbarMan
01-05-2018, 11:35 PM
It would be wrong on so many levels to start Mahomes in place of Alex and it won't happen with Reid or any HC in this situation.

That being said, after seeing the game Sunday and then reading this and seeing some of those highlights again (feel a lot better about the deep throw on the final drive...under throw not bad decision for example), I truly believe that Mahomes gives the Chiefs a much better chance at winning a SB THIS YEAR. He is ready to star in this league.

Dumb. You need to work on timing with your receivers. It's not something that happens with two practices before a game.

Also, those underthrows and overthrows will be in almost every Mahomes game. He did it all through college.

jaa1025
01-05-2018, 11:36 PM
Dumb. You need to work on timing with your receivers. It's not something that happens with two practices before a game.

Also, those underthrows and overthrows will be in almost every Mahomes game. He did it all through college.

Just as every QB does in almost every game.

CrowbarMan
01-06-2018, 12:25 AM
Just as every QB does in almost every game.

Nobody throws off their back foot or not set like Mahomes. It's a positive when he can pull it off, but he does it more frequently than other QBs. He also has a habit of jumping in the air while throwing. You'll see more next year..

ARROW2
01-06-2018, 12:54 AM
Nobody throws off their back foot or not set like Mahomes. It's a positive when he can pull it off, but he does it more frequently than other QBs. He also has a habit of jumping in the air while throwing. You'll see more next year..

Because he can. Dude will break all of the "robotic" rules of quarterbacking. Vick said he will do things that shock the world.

splatbass
01-06-2018, 01:39 AM
Vick said he will do things that shock the world.

I think he will, but that doesn't mean he is ready now. Some of you need to slow down a little.

eDave
01-06-2018, 02:04 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"> <a href="https://t.co/1f02FUOjR8">pic.twitter.com/1f02FUOjR8</a></p>&mdash; D-Hill (@YouGotChiefed92) <a href="https://twitter.com/YouGotChiefed92/status/949019520974381057?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 4, 2018</a></blockquote>

ARROW2
01-06-2018, 02:23 AM
I think he will, but that doesn't mean he is ready now. Some of you need to slow down a little.

You don't think h is ready? Seriously? Dude was born for this shit. Rooting for a win but I will be DAMN glad when it's mahomes time.

splatbass
01-06-2018, 02:29 AM
You don't think h is ready? Seriously? Dude was born for this shit. Rooting for a win but I will be DAMN glad when it's mahomes time.

No, I don't think he is ready. He played one meaningless game, with a vanilla offense, against a crappy team, and while he made a couple of great throws he also made some bad decisions. That is a far cry from being ready for the big stage against playoff caliber teams. I don't believe Andy thinks he is ready for that yet either.

You have been dreaming of a 1st round pick for so long that now that we have one you have completely unrealistic ideas of how far along he is.

New World Order
01-06-2018, 02:32 AM
No, I don't think he is ready. He played one meaningless game, with a vanilla offense, against a crappy team, and while he made a couple of great throws he also made some bad decisions. That is a far cry from being ready for the big stage against playoff caliber teams. I don't believe Andy thinks he is ready for that yet either.

You have been dreaming of a 1st round pick for so long that now that we have one you have completely unrealistic ideas of how far along he is.

He had a better completion %, QBR and threw for more yardage than Alex did in his first meeting with Denver.

splatbass
01-06-2018, 02:40 AM
He had a better completion %, QBR and threw for more yardage than Alex did in his first meeting with Denver.

So? Are you guys now suddenly concerned with stats again?

I don't believe Mahomes knows half the playbook that Alex Smith knows (probably far less than that), and I don't believe he is ready for the playoffs yet. I think Andy thinks he still has a lot of things to work out before starting. Probably game 1 next year, but certainly not right now in the playoffs. That would be insanity, especially when our current starter has been playing so well.

Does no one here have common sense? Patience?

New World Order
01-06-2018, 02:47 AM

I don't believe Mahomes knows half the playbook that Alex Smith knows (probably far less than that), and I don't believe he is ready for the playoffs yet. I think Andy thinks he still has a lot of things to work out before starting. Probably game 1 next year, but certainly not right now in the playoffs. That would be insanity, especially when our current starter has been playing so well.

The question probably should have been 'if the offense is struggling immensely do you bring in Mahomes late in the game?'

I don't know how much of the playbook he knows, but Mahomes looked like he was running an Andy Reid style offense on Sunday.

I don't know if I would, but let's not pretend like the situation would be totally over his head. Not from what we saw on Sunday.

ChiefAshhole1056
01-06-2018, 02:47 AM
This will be Alex’s last game in a Chiefs uniform. No matter how he plays, he will finish this game and should honestly get a standing ovation after we win.

Alex has pissed me off per game at a Cassel-like efficiency, but damnit this last 5 years have brought me good Chiefs football. I can’t wait for the Mahomes saga, but I will appreciate what Alex has provided this team and hope he gets honored appropriately.

ARROW2
01-06-2018, 02:48 AM

Andy said he was in complete command and was on point. You do realize he is the backup which means he is one hit away from playing in the playoffs? If he wasn't ready, he would be Tyler bray.

New World Order
01-06-2018, 02:51 AM
This will be Alex’s last game in a Chiefs uniform. No matter how he plays, he will finish this game and should honestly get a standing ovation after we win.

Alex has pissed me off per game at a Cassel-like efficiency, but damnit this last 5 years have brought me good Chiefs football. I can’t wait for the Mahomes saga, but I will appreciate what Alex has provided this team and hope he gets honored appropriately.

No

ARROW2
01-06-2018, 02:59 AM
Either you have it or you don't. Bray has been "learning" LOL for 5 years and STILL sucks.

FlintHillsChiefs
01-06-2018, 03:12 AM
I feel like this is going to be a unfavorable opinion, but if Alex does well in the playoffs, dumping him for Mahomes is a bad decision. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. I think people are getting excited over the two in the bush without considering Mahomes may not be all he's cracked up to be. If he is, GREAT. If he's not, we just threw away a top 5 QB in 2017.

St. Patty's Fire
01-06-2018, 03:42 AM

If we win how will it be his last game?

Ming the Merciless
01-06-2018, 03:53 AM
If we win how will it be his last game?

Torn labia

Shredded

Bigdaddy
01-06-2018, 04:24 AM
If Alexander is going full Alexsexuals, let him ****ing burn and take the team down with him.

No way should we bring Mahomes in to bail out Smith.Smith won't have to be bailed out, loser, he will have a good game.

Bigdaddy
01-06-2018, 04:29 AM
He had a better completion %, QBR and threw for more yardage than Alex did in his first meeting with Denver.Denver sucks!....easy with the premature ejaculation.

rico
01-06-2018, 08:29 AM

Alexsexuals....

You have Alexsexuals who followed him from San Francisco... now we've got Alexsexuals who discovered their Alexsexuality while in KC. A new breed of Alexsexual...the KC breed. Unbelievable. Have fun following him around!!! My guess is that on his new team's board, you will be the "followed Alex from KC" Sandy Cheeks type of Alexsexual.

rico
01-06-2018, 08:32 AM
Denver sucks!....easy with the premature ejaculation.

Denver has a good D and their D didn't ease up in that game and to claim they did is asinine...

I'm guessing that hating Mahomes and being an Alexsexual go hand in hand?

Sassy Squatch
01-06-2018, 08:35 AM
Having realistic expectations for Mahomes doesn't make you an "Alexsexual".

Coogs
01-06-2018, 08:40 AM
If we are losing and Smith is playing well, no.

If we are losing and Smith is playing like he did against the Bills, Cowboys, Giants type games, yes.

Chiefnj2
01-06-2018, 08:44 AM
Best case scenario, 2018 QB controversy in KC because Alex won a Super Bowl.

Coogs
01-06-2018, 08:47 AM

If we are losing in the 4th quarter today though, that could be tough.

If Smith is struggling, I go to Mahomes in the 4th quarter. Then back to Smith in NE next week.

BigRedChief
01-06-2018, 08:55 AM
Best case scenario, 2018 QB controversy in KC because Alex won a Super Bowl.There is no way, not even winning a Super Bowl will Alex and Mahomes be on the same roster next year. The fans are going to want Mahomes and any QB controversy kills an NFL team. It's the only position where competition is never wanted or tolerated. Either you are "the guy" or you sit on the bench and look at your clipboard.

BigRedChief
01-06-2018, 08:58 AM
If we are losing in the 4th quarter today though, that could be tough.

If Smith is struggling, I go to Mahomes in the 4th quarter. Then back to Smith in NE next week.Not a chance in hell of that happening. Mahomes saves the day but the next week you go back to Smith?:shake:

Coogs
01-06-2018, 09:04 AM
Not a chance in hell of that happening. Mahomes saves the day but the next week you go back to Smith?:shake:
I'm not of that mentality that a temporary substitution has to be a permanent replacement.

BigRedChief
01-06-2018, 09:09 AM
I'm not of that mentality that a temporary substitution has to be a permanent replacement.Although I agree it shouldn't be a big deal, it is. The reality of the QB position in the NFL doesn't allow anything remotely to happen like your scenario.

Best22
01-06-2018, 09:20 AM

So your saying we're gonna lose? There won't be any standing ovations then

I think we win but this will be Smiths last HOME game as a Chief

Molitoth
01-06-2018, 09:23 AM
If Smith is struggling, I go to Mahomes in the 4th quarter. Then back to Smith in NE next week.

This will cause a split in the Locker Room.

Mahomes comes in and saves the day? Bet your ass the players that have been pining for him are pissed when Alex comes back in...

pugsnotdrugs19
01-06-2018, 09:24 AM

Obviously depends on where you stand, but my best case scenario is Mahomes taking over today and leading them to the SB as a rookie...

But I'd take a SB from Alex too and not complain a bit.

Best22
01-06-2018, 09:30 AM
Obviously depends on where you stand, but my best case scenario is Mahomes taking over today and leading them to the SB as a rookie...

But I'd take a SB from Alex too and not complain a bit.

Win SB LII, Smith retires, Mahomes takes over 2018

splatbass
01-06-2018, 09:51 AM
Andy said he was in complete command and was on point. You do realize he is the backup which means he is one hit away from playing in the playoffs? If he wasn't ready, he would be Tyler bray.

Taylor Bray shouldn't even be on the team. That guy sucks.

splatbass
01-06-2018, 09:57 AM

This.

rico
01-06-2018, 10:02 AM

I guess it depends on each individual's perception of "reality." Dude was making this ridiculous slight on Denver's D...something the Alexsexuals have been doing. The Denver D was fine vs. KC last week.

Oh, and I think you just outed yourself as a post-Chiefs Alexsexual, Turtle man!!! Have fun in your adventures at the Browns/Cardinals forums!!! :D

splatbass
01-06-2018, 10:19 AM
I guess it depends on each individual's perception of "reality." Dude was making this ridiculous slight on Denver's D...something the Alexsexuals have been doing. The Denver D was fine vs. KC last week.

Oh, and I think you just outed yourself as a post-Chiefs Alexsexual, Turtle man!!! Have fun in your adventures at the Browns/Cardinals forums!!! :D

There are a lot of binary thinkers here, and you are one. In your mind if you think Mahomes isn't ready then you must be an "Alexsexual", but that is just absurd. Most of us want Alex to do well in the playoffs and still think Mahomes will be a great QB in the future - when he is ready. This is actually a realistic viewpoint.

Coogs
01-06-2018, 10:24 AM
There are a lot of binary thinkers here, and you are one. In your mind if you think Mahomes isn't ready then you must be an "Alexsexual", but that is just absurd. Most of us want Alex to do well in the playoffs and still think Mahomes will be a great QB in the future - when he is ready. This is actually a realistic viewpoint.

He's ready. Your post number 135 said he had bad decisions at Denver. Not really. Good decisions. Two errant throws. Both were huge plays if he would have connected.

splatbass
01-06-2018, 10:33 AM
He's ready.

I disagree. Playing in a meaningless game with no pressure doesn't make you ready for the playoffs. He hasn't spent time throwing to the 1st string WRs to build a chemistry with them. It just isn't time, unless Alex goes down and he has to.

Some of you think he will go in and immediately play like a HoF QB, but life doesn't work that way. He will have mixed results in the beginning, just like he did last week. Amazing throws mixed with head scratchers. He will likely be a great QB, but it doesn't mean he won't struggle in his first year at times. I'm behind him next year, but we have a QB that has been playing great and you don't bench him and start an inexperienced rookie.

Sassy Squatch
01-06-2018, 10:36 AM

Not at all. I've said already that I'd take a 2-14 season with Mahomes over a 10-6 season with Smith, because he's just way more exciting to watch. Just because he's entertaining to watch doesn't mean he's ready for a deep playoff push. This is Smith's last chance to cement any kind of true legacy in KC. Let him have his last ride.

Coogs
01-06-2018, 10:40 AM
I disagree. Playing in a meaningless game with no pressure doesn't make you ready for the playoffs. He hasn't spent time throwing to the 1st string WRs to build a chemistry with them. It just isn't time, unless Alex goes down and he has to.

Some of you think he will go in and immediately play like a HoF QB, but life doesn't work that way. He will have mixed results in the beginning, just like he did last week. Amazing throws mixed with head scratchers. He will likely be a great QB, but it doesn't mean he won't struggle in his first year at times. I'm behind him next year, but we have a QB that has been playing great and you don't bench him and start an inexperienced rookie.
Who said anything about starting him? Thread is if we are losing in the 4th quarter do you bring in Mahomes?

I said, if we are losing and Smith is playing well, no. If we are losing and Smith is playing like ass, yes.

King_Chief_Fan
01-06-2018, 10:41 AM

Well done Splatt

Coogs
01-06-2018, 11:01 AM
Well done Splatt

Mahomes and Wilson had pretty good chemistry last week. Mahomes and Harris too.

Doubt they had a lot of time to build that. Shoot, Wilson wasn't even going to play, but had to when Thomas got hurt.

Coogs
01-06-2018, 11:09 AM
And FWIW, I think we win this game easily. But if we lose and Smith plays well, so be it.

There is only one scenario that will piss me off. And that is we lose and Smith is playing like ass and we don't go to Mahomes.

rico
01-06-2018, 11:29 AM

The "Mahomes isn't ready" thing wasn't what I was getting at...at all. My thing is your refusal to give him credit for playing well vs. a legit NFL D...and from our rival, to boot. It just reeks of Alexsexuality.

Mahomes played well vs. a legitimate opponent last week and only an Alexsexual-Mahata would argue otherwise. You don't think these Donks know that Mahomes is the future of the Chiefs?! You really think they WANT him to build momentum/confidence by getting off on the right foot?! If so, you are a deludenoid Alexsexual-Mahata!!! It wasn't just a meaningless game vs. a crappy opponent. It was a game vs. a rival with a solid D who wanted to spoil Mahomes's debut... crappy team? Yeah, but that's because of their crappy QB situation...and I didn't see Paxton Lynch lining up on D with drool dropping onto his stupid, stinky little townie-stache.

rico
01-06-2018, 11:37 AM
Not at all. I've said already that I'd take a 2-14 season with Mahomes over a 10-6 season with Smith, because he's just way more exciting to watch. Just because he's entertaining to watch doesn't mean he's ready for a deep playoff push. This is Smith's last chance to cement any kind of true legacy in KC. Let him have his last ride.

I'm just kind of dinking with you SuperTurtleman.

He can have his last ride, whatever...but I just can't shake the apathy that I shouldn't be feeling when the Chiefs are playing in the playoffs. I am itching for this era to end. If we defy logic and win the SB, great!!! I just can't shake this apathy though...This ride just seems way too familiar and it drives me nuts. Wish I could shake it, though!!

Sassy Squatch
01-06-2018, 11:40 AM
I'm just kind of dinking with you SuperTurtleman.

He can have his last ride, whatever...but I just can't shake the apathy that I shouldn't be feeling when the Chiefs are playing in the playoffs. I am itching for this era to end. If we defy logic and win the SB, great!!! I just can't shake this apathy though...This ride just seems way too familiar and it drives me nuts. Wish I could shake it, though!!
Honestly in the same boat as you. This is pretty much Matt Nagys audition for a HC job somewhere though, so maybe the offense will be fun to watch today.

rico
01-06-2018, 11:42 AM
Honestly in the same boat as you. This is pretty much Matt Nagys audition for a HC job somewhere though, so maybe the offense will be fun to watch today.

That's a good point...maybe I will watch the game with that on my mind to ease the apathy/pessimism. I love this Matt Nagy cat.

CrowbarMan
01-06-2018, 11:49 AM
That's a good point...maybe I will watch the game with that on my mind to ease the apathy/pessimism. I love this Matt Nagy cat.

This is so funny. 'I'd rather watch a 2-14 team with Mahomes'. You guys are definitely a bit messed up in the head.

Chiefshrink
01-06-2018, 12:04 PM

Wisdom here BUT to Coog's point.........

Who said anything about starting him? Thread is if we are losing in the 4th quarter do you bring in Mahomes?

I said, if we are losing and Smith is playing well, no. If we are losing and Smith is playing like ass, yes.

Exactly !!!

And FWIW, I think we win this game easily. But if we lose and Smith plays well, so be it.

There is only one scenario that will piss me off. And that is we lose and Smith is playing like ass and we don't go to Mahomes.

You and me both brother !!

In 99% of most rookie QB scenarios in the playoffs 'splat' is right that 99% of rookie QBs going in would choke big time and you just set the kid regardless.

BUT Myhomie is such a unique different "Maverick Top Gun QB" talent that even IF he doesn't have the fully developed NFL QB "experiential eyes" or the fully developed physical experiences being under center in the NFL; he has shown that not only can he can make plays but BIG PLAYS when needed.

The part of his game that is most impressive to me that I like the most is he has shown the NFL game is NOT to big for him mentally or emotionally and you can see he relishes opportunities to shine in his own confident swagger. There are very few QBs in the NFL who truly have their own confident swagger and MyHomie is one of them and he barely has seen the field. He is not afraid nor ever will be afraid of opposing players, teams or pressure opportunities but rather engages and invites them. You don't find those type of players very often.

Back to Coog's point and I agree with him and have been asking the same question for the last couple of weeks. There is very little NFL tape on the kid(pre-season and last week) and the fact your opponent more likely has not game planned for him thinking no way Reid puts him in. But because he such the "Maverick QB talent" and you still are in reach of winning the game(down 17-21pts early 3rd qtr-that is nothing for MyHomie to overcome:D) and Alex IS the reason we are not playing well, I say put the kid in and hang on and watch the 'real show' begin.:D

This kid is a pure die hard "GAMER" !!! Here me when I say this and mark my words.

"What George Brett was to the Royals, is what Patrick Mahomes can be for the Chiefs" and I hope PM2 takes back No.5 next year to keep the No.5 tradition going in KC :D

Chiefshrink
01-06-2018, 12:15 PM
My theory here IMHO.

Andy already knows PM2 is grasping the NFL game very well at this point showing great improvement in practice all year long. While the general public and sports media thought Andy was just kicking PM2's tires to see where PM2 was at 'in general" with the QB position. Andy was looking deeper at PM2 to see IF he could possibly make that switch IF AS deficates the bed early in anyone of these playoff games going against a very good defense(Denver on the road). Pretty good test.

PAChiefsGuy
01-06-2018, 12:22 PM
This is so funny. 'I'd rather watch a 2-14 team with Mahomes'. You guys are definitely a bit messed up in the head.

Yep... Idiots... They don't care about the Chiefs having success they only care about Mahomes... They are Mahomos ...

Chiefshrink
01-06-2018, 12:37 PM
Yep... Idiots... They don't care about the Chiefs having success they only care about Mahomes... They are Mahomos ...

Nope. We care about winning. Winning is a business son, like it or not.

Alex has not won BIG IN BIG GAMES in 13yrs.

Now answer the question, if AS is clearly deficating the bed and we are behind 17-21 pts early in the 2nd half in anyone of these playoff games do you make the change and start the PM2 era or do you stay with your Oprah Winfrey position of because Alex has EARRRRRRRRRRRNED IT and we don't want to hurt his FEEEEEEEEELINGS while we "real Chief fans" have to endure "Bono,Grbac and a kicker that will not be named" experiencing that ALL OVER AGAIN???

splatbass
01-06-2018, 12:51 PM
The "Mahomes isn't ready" thing wasn't what I was getting at...at all. My thing is your refusal to give him credit for playing well vs. a legit NFL D...and from our rival, to boot. It just reeks of Alexsexuality.

Mahomes played well vs. a legitimate opponent last week and only an Alexsexual-Mahata would argue otherwise. You don't think these Donks know that Mahomes is the future of the Chiefs?! You really think they WANT him to build momentum/confidence by getting off on the right foot?! If so, you are a deludenoid Alexsexual-Mahata!!! It wasn't just a meaningless game vs. a crappy opponent. It was a game vs. a rival with a solid D who wanted to spoil Mahomes's debut... crappy team? Yeah, but that's because of their crappy QB situation...and I didn't see Paxton Lynch lining up on D with drool dropping onto his stupid, stinky little townie-stache.

There is so much wrong with this post I'm not going to bother with it. But I will say this, if Alex Smith played last week and had the stats Mahomes had you guys would crucify him.

Chiefshrink
01-06-2018, 01:02 PM
There is so much wrong with this post I'm not going to bother with it. But I will say this, if Alex Smith played last week and had the stats Mahomes had you guys would crucify him.

Comparing Apples to Oranges i.e. to Alex vs PM2 and the offensive starters PM2 did not have. Be fair here !!:D

Molitoth
01-06-2018, 01:29 PM

Bullshit. If I saw Alex with that pocket presence, and making those passes I wouldn't even think about another QB.

If Mahomes looked like a pussy but ended up with a random 3 TD's on his stat sheet in garbage time, I would be disappointed.

Eye test > Stats, and the breakdown here proves it.
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2018/1/3/16842168/patrick-mahomes-all-22-vs-the-broncos-buckle-up

Chiefshrink
01-06-2018, 01:32 PM
Bullshit. If I saw Alex with that pocket presence, and making those passes I wouldn't even think about another QB.

If Mahomes looked like a pussy but ended up with a random 3 TD's on his stat sheet in garbage time, I would be disappointed.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2018/1/3/16842168/patrick-mahomes-all-22-vs-the-broncos-buckle-up

BOOM !!! :clap:

rico
01-06-2018, 02:23 PM

Boom Shaka Laka!!!!

rico
01-06-2018, 02:23 PM

Did I write that, weasel dick?!?!

rico
01-06-2018, 02:27 PM

This post, as well as your other 9300, is ridiculous...and you should be ashamed of yourself.

Have fun on the Browns/Cardinals boards, future Sandy Vagina...splat...vagina... too bad your posts are more like splats in a greasy bunghole!!!

Reerun_KC
01-06-2018, 02:32 PM

Absolutely I would. He’s a 13 year veteran. He was supposed to be the leagues MVP and leading this team to 14-2 record.

But he isn’t and didn’t. He has one last shot to prove he isn’t a broke dick QB we all think he is.

You better pray to Alex he turns about his chicken shit play in the playoffs.

splatbass
01-06-2018, 02:55 PM
Absolutely I would. He’s a 13 year veteran. He was supposed to be the leagues MVP and leading this team to 14-2 record.

But he isn’t and didn’t. He has one last shot to prove he isn’t a broke dick QB we all think he is.

You better pray to Alex he turns about his chicken shit play in the playoffs.

Alex Smith was one of the top QBs in the league this year, and yes, elite. You do not give him credit for anything.

Ming the Merciless
01-06-2018, 03:02 PM
Alex Smith was one of the top QBs in the league this year, and yes, elite. You do not give him credit for anything.

hes not an elite QB

hes a pretty average QB who had an elite year, stats wise

if every year were like this year, yes he would be elite

but hes only got one year like this, the other 12 were pretty average

Reerun_KC
01-06-2018, 03:02 PM

Don’t care. Now going forward is what matters. Now is the time for him to step up and carry a team to a championship. It’s what MVPs do.

Now or GTFO.

splatbass
01-06-2018, 03:12 PM
hes not an elite QB

hes a pretty average QB who had an elite year, stats wise

That is what I said, I was talking about this year.

jaa1025
01-06-2018, 03:20 PM
Alex had a game and a half where he was elite. New England and the second half of the Philly game. Other than that, he played just like Old Alex with a few big plays mixed in to Hill. He still sucks with the intermediate passes due to his lack of arm strength, vision and lack of ability to read a defense. This aspect of his game will never change.

Did he have an amazing stat filled year? Yes. But he is still an average QB that struggles when his first read is covered. He has shown tremendous character and heart but is limited and will never be great.

The Chiefs need great and that's why they drafted Mahomes.

KChiefs1
01-06-2018, 07:20 PM
They need to fire people.